Login
MuggleNet Fan Fiction
Harry Potter stories written by fans!

Real Nightmare by KimTomPW

[ - ]   Printer Chapter or Story Table of Contents

- Text Size +
Disclaimer: I do NOT own the Harry Potter series. That credit goes to the brilliant mind of J.K. Rowling. Go Jo! I also do not own some of the material used. Again that belongs to Jo and Warner Brothers.

Chapter 3 Harry’s Worst Memory

Harry was looking outside the window in the sixth year boys’ dormitory room later on that night after going to the Burrow. He had not even noticed when Ron walked in and stood by his bedside. Neville, Seamus, and Dean were still in the common room.

–You all right there, Harry?” Ron asked.

Harry turned from the window and nodded. However, Ron knew better than to believe this. Why? Because, if he himself was having a hard time today, than surly Harry was, too.

–I’ve just been thinking,” Harry said, and without knowing it, touched the window.

Ron, knowing what he was thinking about, walked up to Harry. Debating on whether or not to place a hand on Harry’s shoulder, Ron finally did so.

–You really need to try and get some sleep, mate,” he said.

Harry sighed, turned from the window, and fell to his bed and looked away from Ron.

–I can’t. I keep reliving that day over and over again in my head,” he said.

Ron sat at the edge of Harry’s bed. His eyes focused on the floor.

–You think talking about it will help?” Ron asked.

Harry looked over at Ron in shock.

–I thought you were trying to forget,” he said.

Ron sat up a little straighter as Harry propped himself on his elbows. This was true, but the more Ron thought about it, the more he realized talking was best thing. Hermione also telling him to talk to her about it helped Ron come to this realization.

–Exactly. Maybe if we talk about it, it’ll help,” Ron said.

Harry glanced down, which Ron did not like. When Harry looked up, Ron was sure he would say no about talking. At least he tried.

–It was our Charms O.W.Ls that day, remember?” Harry asked.

Ron was so shocked at first that all he did was look down. And then he smiled.

–Yeah, Hermione had us up all night studying,” Ron said.

Harry smiled too as the memory of Hermione throwing notes at them when their eyes would start to fall came back.

–I was going to tell her before the exam you know,” he said.

Ron nearly fell off the bed after hearing this. He had no idea Harry was planning on telling Ginny how he felt about her.

–Were you?” Ron asked, because that was the only thing that would come out of his mouth at that moment.

Harry nodded and sat up in bed.

–Yeah, but Dean was with her, so I didn’t,” he said.

Ron cleared his throat as Harry’s head fell.

–And all that studying ended up for nothing, didn’t it?” he asked.

He did this as a distraction for him as well as Harry. Ron did not like the idea of Ginny with anyone else but Harry.

–You have to admit though, those fireworks were brilliant,” Harry said.

Ron laughed thinking about Fred and George’s fireworks display as they flew on their brooms out of Hogwarts.

–Yeah, they were,” he said.

Harry looked down, thinking if he should say what he was thinking to Ron.

–I was able to get Ginny alone and tell her while everyone was still watching the fireworks,” he said.

Ron’s eyes widened.

–I didn’t know that. I’m glad she knew,” he said.

And Ron truly was. He felt better knowing Harry and his sister had admitted their feelings for each other. It then became silent until Harry broke it a minute later.

–Of course she completely ignored me after telling her not to try and help getting into Umbridge’s office and got Neville and Luna involved too,” Harry said.

–You know how stubborn she was,” Ron reminded him with a small laugh.

Harry also had to laugh.

–Bit like you and Hermione I’d say,” he said.

Ron fought a laugh. Harry’s face then turned serious.

–It would’ve been a lot different if we hadn’t seen it,” he said.

Ron thought about it for a moment and then shook his head in disagreement.

–I don’t think so. It’d still hurt just as bad,” he said.

Harry sighed and looked down.

–The pain will pass, though, won’t it?” he asked.

Ron took a deep breath and put his hand on Harry’s shoulder.

–Might, but it’ll never be forgotten,” he said.

Harry noticed that Ron was looking a little embarrassed.

–I know it must be strange for you… knowing my feelings for Ginny,” he said.

Ron smiled and got up.

–Hey, the only guy I wanted or thought she should be with was you,” he said.

–Thanks,” Harry smiled.

With that, the two went to bed for the night.

AN:

None.