Login
MuggleNet Fan Fiction
Harry Potter stories written by fans!

Real Nightmare by KimTomPW

[ - ]   Printer Chapter or Story Table of Contents

- Text Size +
Disclaimer: I do NOT own the Harry Potter series. That credit goes to the brilliant mind of J.K. Rowling. Go Jo! I also do not own some of the material used. Again that belongs to Jo and Warner Brothers.

Chapter 4 Bad Dream

Everything was dark in the room when Harry felt himself coming out his sleep. He was being woken up by the sound of someone calling his name and a left pressure on his shoulder. His eyes bolted open as the voice became clearer to him. The voice was familiar yet he felt he had not heard it in a long time. He gasped when he saw the person standing at his bedside.

–Ginny?” Harry asked.

She was older, but Harry surprisingly did not think anything of it after things started to sink in for him. Everything came back to him. Their wedding… their three kids, James, Albus, and Lily. Ginny smiled and straightened up. Harry then realized that it had all been a bad dream.

–Harry,” Ginny smiled.

He outstretched his hand to touch her face.

–Is this a dream?” Harry asked.

Ginny smiled and took the hand that Harry had on her cheek.

–If it was, would I be able to do this?” she asked.

She leaned Harry back on the pillow and kissed him deeply on the mouth.

–What’s the matter?” Ginny asked when Harry had not responded the way she was hoping for.

Harry did not really know how to react to the kiss after just having a dream of Ginny being gone. Even though it had twenty-one years since he had been a student at Hogwarts School of Witchcraft and Wizardry, those days were still as clear as if they had happened only yesterday.

–I just had a weird dream last night,” Harry said.

–What was it about?” Ginny asked.

Harry sat up as Ginny sat on the bed next to him.

–It was about when we went to the Ministry fifth year to save Sirius,” he said.

Ginny put her hand on Harry’s shoulder. She understood Harry’s feelings. How many times had he had to wake her up from a nightmare about the war?

–Oh, Harry. I know it most be hard to think of him,” Ginny said. She knew talking about Sirius still hurt after all this time. After all, he had been like a father to him. Harry shook his head. Ginny have him a questionable look. –What is it?”

–No, that’s not it. Ginny, you were the one that dies that night,” Harry said.

She looked down. Ginny could not say anything for a moment. All she could do was rub his shoulder.

–It was just a dream, Harry. Now come on, the train leaves at eleven. You don’t want Lily to miss her first year, do you?” Ginny asked.

Harry nodded and got up.

–Give me five minutes,” he said, pulling the covers away from him as Ginny got up.

He turned to the door as a boy’s voice came from the staircase.

–Mum, have you gotten Dad up yet?” the boy asked in a frustrated tone.

Harry smiled and pulled on a pair of trousers.

–I’ll be right down, Albus,” he called back.

Harry straightened up to find Ginny smiling at him. He too smiled and pulled her into his arms.

–You don’t want to take a quick bath?” she asked.

Harry shook his head.

–Don’t want to make us any later,” he replied.

To two parents began to laugh as they heard Albus getting mad at his brother and sister for running behind. The young wizard and admittedly been terrified at first to go to school in fear of becoming a Slytherin. However, once the Shorting Hat had declared him a Gryffindor, Albus loved it.

–To think he was scared his first year. Now he can’t wait to leave,” Ginny said.

Meanwhile, downstairs, their kids, James, Lily, and Albus were all sitting at the table waiting for their parents.

–Watch out while in the Forbidden Forest now, Lily. There are all sorts of creatures in there,” James was telling his little sister.

Lily’s eyes grew as Albus rolled his eyes.

–I thought students weren’t allowed,” Lily panicked.

Albus put his hand on his sister’s shoulder.

–Don’t listen to him, Lily. James is just joking,” he said, glaring at his brother.

Lily looked down and sighed.

–I’m glad I’ll have Hugo with me,” she said.

Albus bit his lip, knowing how Rose was. She might have looked like Auntie Hermione, but she was like Uncle Ron with everything else, including that flaming red hair.

–Hope Rose hasn’t given him a rough time,” Albus said.

They all turned as Ginny and Harry entered the room.

–Speaking of the Weasley’s, are Ron and Hermione meeting us here, or at the station?” Harry asked.

Ginny laughed.

–Station… that is if Ron doesn’t get into an accident,” she said.

The End

AN:

Yay, I’m done. Hope you enjoyed the twist.