Login
MuggleNet Fan Fiction
Harry Potter stories written by fans!

The Most Unlikely Romance by RoseHyperionMalfoy

[ - ]   Printer Chapter or Story Table of Contents

- Text Size +

Story Notes:

The story will be updated as much as possible!
Chapter Notes: The opening chapter of my story from Rose's point of view.
Rose

It’s not like they were friends. More like two people who acknowledged each other, yet preferred to stay a healthy distance apart. They had an unspoken agreement to stop the prejudices of their parents and those before them. Though remembering how she had acted upon first meeting Scorpius, Rose wanted to cry.


She and Albus had just gotten onto the train after finally getting away from their fussing parents. –My goodness, is it nice to be away from everyone,” Albus breathed. Though she would never admit it out loud, Rose privately agreed. She truly did love her parents but all the talk of houses, and sorting, and legacies had made her want to turn around and run. –I hope there’s an empty compartment somewhere. I don’t exactly fancy sitting with James and his friends, do you?”

–Most definitely not. Do you really think I need another person telling me that there’s no way I can make dad proud? I am full up on James for the moment.” She had always thought that Hugo was pretty bad to live with. He was always making rude comments and prying into her personal life but she would’ve chosen him over James any day. She truly did feel sorry for Al; with a dad like his, there was so much pressure to live up to people’s expectations that it could drive a person mad and James certainly did not provide much, or rather any, stress relief. Luckily, Al was one of the most oblivious people she had ever met. He didn’t even notice people looking at him usually, so he could cope pretty well. She on the other hand, could not. Rose hated people talking about her and though she was often called the next Uncle Percy for her lack of Weasliness, Al knew that she was just afraid to fail. Snapping out of her reverie, she noticed Al beckoning her towards a compartment.

–You found a free one, Al! Oh, thank you so much!” They quickly got in and were just putting their trunks away when they heard a knock on the door. Al went to open it and they found Scorpius Malfoy on the other side; Rose’s dad had warned her about the Malfoys and told her to stay away from Scorpius but in that moment, the only thought that came to her mid was that he looked extremely scared. He quickly reddened upon seeing whom he was talking to but looked determined not to turn away.

–Would you mind if I joined you? Everywhere else seems to be full.” Al had just opened his mouth to reply when Rose interjected. –Why would we want to sit with you, Malfoy?”

She didn’t know what her made her say it – maybe she wanted to get her dad’s approval, or maybe years of hearing taunts about the Malfoys had clouded her good judgment. What she did realize was that she had just crushed the boy’s hopes of being treated differently than by his last name. He had quickly mumbled an apology and left in a hurry. As the door shut behind him, Albus turned and looked at Rose.

–What on earth is wrong with you?” Rose had just looked at him and burst into tears. She didn’t understand how she could have said such a thing, even to a Malfoy. She wasn’t a prejudiced person and she told Al as much. In fact, she decided to tell him everything; how she worried that if she were different their family wouldn’t accept her, and that sometimes the opinions of the people around her influenced her decisions more than she liked to admit. Al listened to her talk for almost the rest of the train ride to Hogwarts. When she was done, he had come to sit by her and gave her a long, comforting, hug.

–You know, Rose,” he started quietly, –I think you would feel much better if you apologized to Scorpius. Maybe that would mark the start of a new chapter for you. Hogwarts might be a great place for you to find yourself, so to speak; to become Rose and not always Rose Weasley.”



And she had done just that. After the first years were ushered into the small chamber just off the Great hall to wait to be sorted, Rose had walked straight up to Scorpius and apologized. He had looked a bit stunned at first but then gladly shook her hand. And he had astounded her by what he had said. –Maybe we could try to be different than our parents and not hate each other?” She had laughed and agreed. Rose, of course, had been sorted into Gryffindor and Scorpius into Slytherin, but she had to admit to herself that at the moment during which he walked away from her and towards the Slytherins, she had been a bit sad to see him go. She realized now, after four years at Hogwarts, that it would have been nice to have gotten to know him. With this thought in her head she heard her mother call up to her from downstairs, –Sweetheart, we’re leaving now!” She grabbed her trunk and tried to run down the stairs as quickly as possible so as not to be late to King’s Cross. She had after all been made a prefect, and being late was not considered acceptable behavior.
Chapter Endnotes: Please leave reviews!