Login
MuggleNet Fan Fiction
Harry Potter stories written by fans!

The Most Unlikely Romance by RoseHyperionMalfoy

[ - ]   Printer Chapter or Story Table of Contents

- Text Size +
Chapter Notes: Here is chapter 2! So sorry for the long wait but I had quite a few troubles with submitting this chapter.
He stood on platform 9 ¾, surveying all the activity as he waited for his parents to park their car and join him. Though Scorpius knew that his grandfather despised the fact that Draco drove such a –hideous piece of Muggle innovation,” Scorpius loved their car, and driving in it was one of his favourite hobbies. His father had even figured out how to make it fly!


That would be one thing that he and Rose Weasley had in common. On numerous occasions had he overheard her and her many cousins exclaiming over Harry’s and Ron’s flying cars and rambling on about how they wished they had one too. At first Scorpius had thought these discussions quite dull, but then his own father had made their car fly and these thoughts were quickly forgotten. He looked over his shoulder, and when he heard someone yell quite loudly he turned and spotted Rose being enveloped in a hug by her cousin Lily. When Lily stepped away, Scorpius noticed the gleaming Prefect’s badge on her chest and sighed - he had also been made a prefect and wondered how much time the two of them would have to spend together. It’s not that he didn’t want to get to know her, but he really didn’t want to be the focus point of Hogwarts gossip. He could see the headlines now: –Rose Weasley and Scorpius Malfoy seen speaking face to face!”


Honestly, she looked to him like a kind girl. There was no hatred on her face and she seemed to enjoy being around everyone… including Slytherins. And when he looked closely, he had to admit that she really was quite attractive. She had gorgeous blue eyes and hair that more closely resembled auburn than red. And she did have a nice body... Stop! He ordered himself to clear his head and shook it just for emphasis. He could not be interested in Rose Weasley. Apart from all the obvious reasons that would stop them from ever being together, such as his father, his grandfather, her father, all her uncles, most of her cousins, and her grandparents killing him, frankly, he didn’t think he stood a chance. Good girls like Rose weren’t really the type to throw away their family’s expectations for a guy. He did, however, think his mother would be pleased with such an arrangement; or maybe she would just love the commotion and upset that it would cause.


For someone who was part of such a demanding family, Astoria was shockingly carefree. She didn’t seem to care what her adopted family thought of her, and one of her favourite past times was creating uproar and turmoil. He vividly remembered the discussion, if one could even call it that, that his mother had had with his grandfather Lucius about their holiday plans.

It was the summer between his second and third year, and one sunny morning, Astoria and Draco woke him up to tell him that the family was going on a vacation! Scorpius had been ecstatic, as evidenced by his jumping up and down on his bed for somewhere close to five minutes. His parents had decided to take him to Disneyland. Apparently, a wizard who worked closely with his father came from America and had suggested the place for a holiday. Scorpius had never before heard of an amusement park but when his father described the kinds of things they had there, he was intrigued. The next day though, he heard shouting coming from the direction of the main sitting room and recognized his mother’s and grandfather’s voices.
–It does not matter what you think, Lucius. I will take my family on vacation wherever I please and it certainly doesn’t matter whether or not you approve,” spoke Astoria sharply.
–You dare defy me, you ungrateful woman?! You have everything you could have ever wanted because of us and you repay us by letting Scorpius mingle with filthy Mudbloods?! How dare you!” his grandfather Lucius shouted maliciously.
–You will not under any circumstances use that word in my house! Scorpius is my son, and I have the right to raise him how I please, I do not need your permission. Draco’s and my choice to raise our son to not hate Muggleborns as you do is none of your concern. Please let yourself out.”


His grandfather had been furious but Scorpius had thoroughly enjoyed their Muggle vacation; they had even flown on an airplane to get to America! He had found it absolutely fascinating, not that he would ever tell anyone. That’s probably why his mother was his favourite person in the whole world. She never seemed to be afraid to speak her mind, something that he could never do, and did not worry about the consequences of her words. Nobody other than Astoria ever defied Lucius Malfoy. His father, on the other hand, was more like himself: quiet and reserved. He loved his father deeply but only his mother seemed to know what was on his mind even before he had figured it out himself. Which is why, he told himself quickly, if you don’t clear your head this instant, you are going to have a lot of explaining to do! He took his eyes off of Rose, took a deep breath, and turned to say goodbye to his parents who had just arrived. As he stepped up to hug his mother, she lifted a quizzical brow at his expression and at once he knew that all his preparations were for nothing. He pretended not to have noticed but all that came to mind was, Damn.


Letting go, he turned to his dad and shook his hand, and then gathered up his trunk and jumped on the train. He knew that his best friend Marcus Flint had saved a compartment for the two of them and their friends at the back of the train like always, so he headed there to drop off his trunk before the Prefect meeting. He had just reached up a hand to pull open the door when it flung open of its own accord, and a mass of perfectly coiffed blonde hair flung herself at him.
–Oh Scorpius, I’m so glad you’re back. I missed you so much over the summer, I can’t believe you didn’t write to me!”
He tried to stay upright as Adrianna hugged the life out of him and trying to not sound rude he said, –Hello, Adrianna.”
–’Hello’?! After not seeing me for so long, all I get is ‘hello’?”


Scorpius just sighed inwardly. Adrianna seemed to suffer from the most florid delusions; she thought the two of them were dating! Or almost were. At any rate, she flung herself at Scorpius any chance she got and usually never left his side at school. It’s not that Adrianna Parkinson wasn’t pretty, but he had never met a more annoying person in his entire life, and the sight of her usually made him want to run away. Or retch. He considered which of the two he felt like doing more at the moment. After half a minute of brief contemplation he decided that neither would look respectable and proceeded to try and untangle himself from Adrianna’s grasp. Marcus appeared and took Scorpius’s trunk to put it up on the shelves. –Hey Scor!”
–Hey Marcus!” Glad for some interruption, Scorpius enthusiastically followed Marcus into the compartment to put down his coat and other bag and then turned to leave.
–Oh, Scorpius! You’re not leaving yet, are you?” Adrianna cried.
–I have to go to the Prefects’ meeting. See you later, Marcus.”

He felt strangely satisfied at the infuriated look on Adrianna’s face when he didn’t mention her at all. Smirking, he thought that it wouldn’t be a good time to mention that he had just been contemplating Rose Weasley’s eyes and curves. Ha! How I would love to see Adrianna’s face when I told her that. With that thought in mind, he started off towards the Prefects’ compartment.
Chapter Endnotes: Chapter 3 will be up soon! Please keep reading!