Login
MuggleNet Fan Fiction
Harry Potter stories written by fans!

Bloodshot Eyes by MistReader

[ - ]   Printer Table of Contents

- Text Size +
It was a starlit night when Theador Mist was walking down the lane of the town, Budleigh Babberton. He was assigned there to investigate about the strange sightings reported by Muggles. Most of them reported seeing a very hairy beast, while others stated it as a very tall man. But the Muggles had only seen silhouettes of the creature. Theador Mist had to face the terror itself. Of all the assignments he had to deal with as an Auror, this one involved a great risk of having his life changed forever.


He marched to one of the houses and knocked at the door. He was answered by an old lady who said, –How may I help you?” Theador pulled out a newspaper from his robes and said, –I have it from this newspaper that you reported seeing a very hairy beast in the woods nearby.” The old lady looked suspicious but said in a casual voice, –So I have. Is that what you wanted to confirm?” Theador folded the newspaper and said, –Yes, that will be all. Thank you for your time.” The old lady retreated in to her dark room, still looking suspicious, and shut the door. Theador then enquired other Muggles who reported seeing a tall man.


This was indeed confusing. He tried to imagine a man very tall and hairy and while he did so, he stared up at the sky and realised what it could have been. He had a vision of the silhouette of a tall, hairy creature with pointed ears and bloodshot eyes . If his suspicion was right, the creature would be roaming the woods that night. And so to confirm it, he hurried towards the woods.


He ran past the trees and bushes, deep into the woods when he heard it. The sound of a beast growling. He turned around to see a tall, hairy creature with a lengthened head and bloodshot eyes.
Theador reached for his wand but the creature swung it's long arm at his shoulder. Theador fell to the ground on his face, blood oozing from his shoulder where the creature's tylons had made a gash. He groaned and twisted as the werewolf jumped on him, pinning him to the ground. It neared its jaws to Theador's arm while the other arm was reaching into his robes.


In a fraction of a second, Theador remembered the first time he had seen a werewolf(which wasn't this time). It was sixteen years ago, on his ninth birthday. When it was ten past nine, he went to his neighbour's house with his parents and spent an hour there. When they got back, it was Theador who locked the gate of his house. He turned around realising the fact that the gate remained unlocked for an hour. And then, even in the darkness, he could see two slits for eyes in front of him. As they neared, he could see clearly, a tall, hairy creature, with a lengthened head and bloodshot eyes. He had screamed as the werewolf leapt at him, but he had jumped out of the way. He ran towards the open door of the house to find his parents hurrying toward it. He squeezed in between them, rushed inside and sat huddled in the corner.


His mother rushed to his side and was trying to relax him. They saw his father slowly back away from the door and his mother whispered to him to run to his room upstairs. But he wouldn't. He couldn't. It was too terrifying. He remained rooted to the spot as the werewolf entered the room. His father pulled out his wand and was pointing it at the werewolf. But it was not bothered by the wand. Its head turned in Theador's direction and it leapt at him. His mother screamed, his father had shouted a spell and in the next fraction of a second, he saw the werewolf's eyes widen. Then the werewolf spiralled out of his direction in mid air and fell on the floor with a suprisingly loud thud and was bleeding from his waist.


The werewolf was locked up in the attic until the next day when it was revealed to be a boy of Theador's own age. His name was Leonardo Hawk and he was an orphan. Someone from the Ministry of Magic had arrived to take him away and Theador's father paid for the hospital charges to heal his wound but it was permanent. He was given a home away other people but a terrible thing had happened. The house was set on fire and Hawk obviously didn't survive it.
From that night Theador's dreams were haunted by a werewolf's howling from inside a house which was on fire, every night until the one before the day he recieved his Hogwarts letter.


And then Theador came back to his senses. He had pulled out his wand as the werewolf opened its jaws which were only an inch away from his arm.