Login
MuggleNet Fan Fiction
Harry Potter stories written by fans!

48 Hours of Power by Snidgetgirl

[ - ]   Printer Chapter or Story Table of Contents

- Text Size +
Chapter Notes: AH! Come back, faithful readers! I didn't mean to keep you waiting for so long! Last Chapter! No! What am I going to do with my life now? Anyway, sorry it took so long, I've kind of been through the ringer these last few months... On with the story!
I woke up the next morning refreshed and ready for another day of perfection. I went to the bathroom, fixed my hair, and dressed in my robes. I happily skipped out of the bathroom, and back to my room. I reached my bedside table, and opened the top drawer. My stomach dropped out and hit the floor. The quill was gone. So was the book. My palms started to sweat, and my heart was racing. Who knew about the book? I thought frantically. I thought back to anyone that might have had any inkling of what I was doing. There was Severus, but I doubted that he looked much past his own problems enough to care, to be honest. James Potter was trying to figure out who was making the weirdness happen. He could have done it, I thought. But how could he have gotten up here, though? Oh well, I guess I'll soon find out who did it, I thought grimly to myself.

I walked out of the Common Room very nervously. If someone had known that it had been I who had done all of this, I would be the first target, I thought. I watched everything and everyone I passed, over-analyzing just about everything. I was actually so busy watching everyone else, that I fell down the last flight of stairs.

–AAHH!” I screamed as I fell down, each step sending a new pain shooting up my limbs. When I finally fell in a heap at the bottom, completely disheveled, I looked up the stairs I had just fallen down. My books were laying everywhere, and my bag ripped up the side, causing my ink to all spill out. I gingerly got back to my feet, making sure that nothing was broken. Everything seemed to be in order, I was just in a lot of pain, though. Grumbling, I picked up my books, one by one.

–Evans, watch where you leave your things, people may just want to take them,” James Potter said slyly, gracing me with his arrogant presence.

–Potter, you make no sense. Why would someone want to take my things?”

–Oh, you never know. Sometimes someone has something that interests another someone,” James hinted.

–Potter, you don't know what you're talking abou-” comprehension dawned on me.

–YOU!” I roared.

–Yes, me. I found a curious-looking book and quill on the arm of a chair in front of the fire. It's not like you to forget anything that important, Evans. What, the stress of a perfect world wearing you down?” James mocked me.

–Hardly. More like the stress of not knowing who now is planning horrible things for you,” I shot back coldly.

–Well, you don't have to worry about that anymore,”

–What do you mean?” I asked skeptically.

–Well, now you know who has the quill. Strike that off your list,” he said.

–Very funny, Potter. Did you make me fall down the stairs, then?” I asked.

–Maybe,”

–Why?” I all but screamed in his face.

–Payback for the girly clothes and Hagrid smell!” He shouted back.

–That's beside the point! At least I didn't hurt you!”

–You did, though, Evans. In here,” he pointed to his heart.

–Grow up, Potter,”

–I will when you do!” James shot back.

–Oh please! We all know who the mature one here is!” I yelled.

–Watch your back, Evans!” he said as he walked quickly into the Great Hall. I sighed loudly. I was terrified. I had no idea what Potter was going to do to me, and didn't know what to do with myself. All right, relax, Lily. Just go about your business as usual. Yeah, just do that, I told myself. I walked into the Great Hall, and sat down alone, not risking anything. I hurriedly grabbed a piece of toast, and reached for the butter.

–AAHH!” I yelled as the butter knife was not buttering the toast, but my face. I looked down the table and saw James and Sirius laughing into their cereal. I quickly grabbed a napkin to wipe off the butter, when I was in for another shock.

–AAAAAHHHHH!” I yelled as the napkin covered me in purple goo. I disgustedly wiped the goo and butter off with a napkin that I checked about thirty times before using. I peeked down at James, and he was laughing into Sirius' shoulder. Let him laugh, I thought, glaring at him.

I walked carefully down to Potions, and tried to sit down. Tried. I yelled as the chair pulled out from under me. I got up and tried again. The chair pulled out from under me again. By the fifth try, I just gave up and sat on the floor. I looked across the rows, and saw James and Sirius laughing loudly.

–Why, Miss Evans, what are you doing on the floor?” Professor Slughorn asked, confused.

–Sitting,” I replied shortly with an evil glare at Potter and Black.

–All right then,” Professor Slughorn went on with his lesson.

Charms came, and let's just say that I spent the lesson right beside Potter himself. I was completely disgusted.

–Hey, Evans, do you want to go with me to Hogsmeade this weekend? The trip is coming up,” he asked hopefully.

–In your dreams, Potter,” I rolled my eyes.

–All right,” he said as he pulled out the quill and my book.

–AAHHH! No! Fine!” I shouted, terrified.

–That's what I thought,” he said smugly.

I was dying inside. He let me go for the rest of my classes, but when dinner came around, I wasn't so fortunate. He made me eat potatoes that changed my hair colour to green, and then made me sit right next to him.

–Beautiful night, isn't it, Lily,”

–Stunning,” I said bitterly. He casually slung his arm around my shoulder. I winced when he did, wishing to be anywhere but there.

–Why don't we head back to the Common Room now?” He suggested.

–What a wonderful idea,” I said through gritted teeth. We walked back to the Common Room, and he made me sit beside him on the couch in front of the fire.

–What a lovely day,” he said, looking out of the window.

–Yes, quite,”

–You know, Evans, I guess that there's a moral to the story, then,” he said knowingly.

–Yea, don't leave anything you cherish in the reach of children,” I said with gritted teeth, taking a jab at Potter.

–Actually, the moral to this story is that I always get what I want, no matter what.” He said seriously. I looked at the clock, and watched as it changed to be ten o'clock. Finally, the day was over. I breathed in deeply, jumped up and away from James, and then ran up to my room, cursing my stupidity. I should have done more on the days that I could control. He made me lose my last day, I thought sadly. No matter, though, I'll get him back good for this, I thought evilly.
Chapter Endnotes: SOOOOOOOO, What did you think? Did you love it? Were you surprised? Tell me! Leave me a review! I love to see them! It looks so sad and empty :)