Login
MuggleNet Fan Fiction
Harry Potter stories written by fans!

Steel Hearts by ToBeOrNotToBeAGryffindor

Printer
Summary: Romilda Vane was working on the biggest writing assignment of her life, yet her imagination and eloquence, which had held her in good stead for most of her career, suddenly decided to abandon her. However, when she looked for inspiration in the bottom of a pint, she found that it was sitting on the stool next to her.

For someone who didn't believe in muses, she had certainly encountered evidence to the contrary in Oliver Wood.


This is a belated (hey, it's one day...not too delinquent) birthday gift for the fabulous Carole/Equinox Chick, who has served as a lighthouse for me during some tremulous times and has always been a capital friend. I honestly couldn't imagine a day without seeing her name somewhere. This is for you, dear.


This story has been nominated for two 2012 Quicksilver Quill Awards: Best Post-Hogwarts Story and Best Non-Canon Romance.



Ratings: 6th-7th Years [ - ] Past Featured Story
Category: Post-Hogwarts
Characters: None
Warnings: Character Death, Mild Profanity, Sexual Situations
Challenge:
Serie: None
Chapters: 1 Completed?: Yes
Wordcount: 6449 Viewcount: 723
Published on: 03/22/12 Updated On: 03/22/12



Story Notes: Emergency betaed by Alex/welshdevondragon. She is wonderful. :)



1. We turn our dreams to stone by ToBeOrNotToBeAGryffindor [ - ] (6449 words)
There is a bit of an influence by the song 'We All Die Young' by Steelheart. The song talks about (at least in my interpretation) how we all die a little when our youthful aspirations are eaten and destroyed by reality and by growing up.

Yes, Croll, I know you're a dialogue person, but the nature of the story is very introspective. I tried, hehe.