Login
MuggleNet Fan Fiction
Harry Potter stories written by fans!

To the Hollow by IceMice90

Printer
Summary: We know that Lily and James came from two very different households - one muggle and one magic - and that despite differences and adversity they fell in love. How this came to happen, however, is somewhat of a mystery in the Potter world. This fic attempts to figure it out. Along the way the Marauders attempt to figure out a few mysteries of their own, beginning with a string of deaths connected to Saint Mungo's Hospital. And with a war looming on the horizon and a Dark Rising taking place inside the very walls of Hogwarts, it couldn't be a more complicated time for any two people to find happiness.
Ratings: 3rd-5th Years [ - ]
Category: James/Lily
Characters: None
Warnings: Character Death, Mild Profanity, Suicide
Challenge:
Serie: None
Chapters: 1 Completed?: No
Wordcount: 6990 Viewcount: 1189
Published on: 04/13/12 Updated On: 04/20/12



Story Notes: Warnings: mild profanity, mention of murder and suicide.
Although my main interest in this story lies with Lily and James, attention is given in subsequent chapters to other, immensely important characters like Sirius and Snape. My hope is that this will make the story, and the central characters, more rounded, because so much of what they do is connected with the people around them.
There are many storylines running through the story at the same time. Some are obvious from the beginning, such as the tension in Lily and Severus's relationship or the mystery involving the death Henry Cheswick. However, other details that appear to have little significance early on in the story, such as James's flying accident, end up resurfacing as much larger plots later in the story.
My main concern, overall, is developing these characters to the best of my ability.


1. Between the Best of Friends by IceMice90 [ - ] (6990 words)
This first chapter serves the purpose of introducing both James and Lily, as well as giving me a chance to compare their lives at home and begin to weave in some of the bigger storylines that work their way through the story alongside the overarching plot that is the development of their relationship. I'm trying to make Lily and James emerge as more than mere archetypes. Hopefully some of that comes through here.