Login
MuggleNet Fan Fiction
Harry Potter stories written by fans!

Shivers by ToBeOrNotToBeAGryffindor

[ - ]   Printer Table of Contents

- Text Size +

Story Notes:

This prose poem was written for the Who Arted? Challenge in Poetry Anyone, inspired by the picture Dementor by Justice in Dean's Corner.

Chapter Notes: The warnings are there just to be safe, but the themes are approached in a more abstract manner and not overtly mentioned. However, there is a bit of dark imagery, but I think we're mostly all big boys and girls and can handle it. :)


Shivers exalt your skin; they creep and meander into every pore, every particle. You shudder. So cold. They permeate far, far, far down. Nothing should be able to pierce so readily, yet there it is, at the crux of everything. So deep. Neurons fire and photons dance, and things long forgotten burn amidst frozen flesh, branding every fibre of you in a relentless tattoo of remember. So hot. And then you see them, bathed in colours -- terrible colours. Screams of green slide down the walls, seeping into the woodwork into a pool of red. You can’t handle the red. It is wild and loud and indecent and chases you until there is nothing but black.

So dark.



Chapter Endnotes:
Thoughts, mes amis?