Login
MuggleNet Fan Fiction
Harry Potter stories written by fans!

Pulling the Strings by Acacia Carter

Printer
Summary: FACT: There had been a death at Hogwarts.
FACT: Deceased was a sixteen-year-old male by the name of Marcus Akers, a Gryffindor student in his sixth year.
FACT: Deceased had had contact with Neville Longbottom between 19:00 and 22:13 the previous evening.
FACT: The poison was administered in a near-exact amount.
FACT: Neville Longbottom is familiar with one of the possible poisons used in the murder.
FACT: Marcus Akers had been romantically involved with Magnolia Longbottom.
SUSPECT: Neville Longbottom. Male, 43, head of Gryffindor House at Hogwarts.

---

Thank you to the ever inestimable Soraya for the beta and Ellie for helping me reconstruct the story after my planning file was corrupted.

---

This is Acacia Carter of Hufflepuff writing for the Great Hall Chaptered Challenge of 2012.
Ratings: 3rd-5th Years [ - ] Past Featured Story
Category: Dark/Angsty Fics
Characters: None
Warnings: Character Death, Mild Profanity, Suicide, Violence
Challenge:
Serie: None
Chapters: 6 Completed?: No
Wordcount: 23499 Viewcount: 15467
Published on: 08/25/12 Updated On: 10/26/12






1. Prologue by Acacia Carter [ - ] (2587 words)

2. One: The Case Against Neville Augustus Longbottom by Acacia Carter [ - ] (4692 words)

3. Turning the Tables by Acacia Carter [ - ] (3604 words)

4. The Case Against Harry James Potter by Acacia Carter [ - ] (4717 words)

5. Fatalities and Interrogations by Acacia Carter [ - ] (3470 words)
The iltaicised line at the end of the second section is quoted directly from Harry Potter and the Goblet of Fire and is property of JKR.



6. The Edges of Evening by Acacia Carter [ - ] (4429 words)