Login
MuggleNet Fan Fiction
Harry Potter stories written by fans!

Harry Potter and the Sinister Plot by weasley-malfoy-aficionado

[ - ]   Printer Chapter or Story Table of Contents

- Text Size +
Chapter Notes:

DISCLAIMER: Everything except the plot belongs to JKR.


–The weather’s picture perfect!” exclaimed Ginny Weasley, looking out of the window of the Gryffindor changing room.

She turned towards her other team-mates and beamed at them. It was Saturday and they had all assembled for a rigorous practice session for their upcoming match against the Slytherins.

–You are right, Gin,” Harry replied grinning at her.

Ginny smiled back at him as Harry addressed the whole team, –So, listen all of you. The match with the Slytherins is going to be rough. There is no doubt about it. They have always played this way but since Malfoy has left they have become rougher. I hate to admit it but I think Malfoy played it a bit fair.”

Murmurs of reluctant agreement met his last remark.

–Sweet,” Draco thought.

–Well, I just want to say that play your best, give your best and show everyone that we are the best. We have the best team ever and there is a big chance that we will win the Quidditch Cup this year,” Harry concluded and his words were followed by loud applause.

–So let’s get going,” Dean shouted amidst claps and whistles.

Ten minutes later saw seven figures clad in scarlet leave the room and with broomsticks in one hand, come out on the pitch. Ginny being the referee for the game blew her whistle and all of them shot up in the air simultaneously.

Draco felt a familiar sensation of the air ruffling his hair. He looked down and saw the ground rushing under him. It was almost a couple of years ago that he last rode his broomstick but it seemed to him that a century had elapsed between that moment and this. He started thinking about all the matches he had played with his father when he was little. They used to have so much fun. He could almost picture his mother sitting at a distance watching their game with wild interest and cheering madly each time he scored or saved. He could remember his father teaching him all the rules and regulations of the game.

–Life is never fair, Draco,” he used to say, –So at least try to keep the game fair. Remember that. Always.”

–Ron? What are you doing?” Ginny’s voice broke his reverie.

–What?” he asked and then instantly understood his mistake. Instead of positioning himself in front of the goalpost he had positioned himself at the middle of the pitch right next to a surprised Harry. He apologized and quickly sped towards the hoops.

The game started soon after. Draco was surprised to see that even after a constant lack of practice he was soon able to accustom himself to the game. Although he had been a Seeker for the Slytherin team, he used to play Keeper with his father sometimes. He closed his eyes and tried to remember everything he had been taught.

At that instant, he decided that just for some time, he would forget all about his mission and the threats on his life and instead enjoy the game. He was determined to make the most of the couple of hours he was airborne.

At the next blow of Ginny’s whistle, the game commenced. Draco could see that the game was going to be good. He could see Demelza passing the quaffle to Ginny who in turn passed it to Dean who then gave it back to her. He saw her nearing the hoops in full speed dodging the bludgers and the Beaters’ clubs. She made as if to throw the quaffle towards the left hoop. But he knew that feint well. He dived towards the right hoop and swinging wildly on his broom threw the quaffle back into the midst of the game preventing it from entering the hoop. This was met by surprised congratulations from the other six airborne Gryffindors. Draco swelled with pride and he could predict that he was going to be the star of that day’s practice session.






–You totally rocked the game, mate,” Harry exclaimed thumping Draco on the back.

Even Ginny could not help but compliment him, –There was not a trickle of nervousness in you Ron. I told you that you are brilliant when you keep your head cool and focused.”

–Yeah. Guess you were right, sis,” Draco said. He too was pleased with himself. He had seen the games of all the other Gryffindors and he could easily deduce that he was the best.

–If you don’t count Potter or the Weaselette, of course,” he muttered under his breath.

–What?” Harry asked.

–Nothing,” he replied quickly.

They had reached the Gryffindor common room. Draco barely had time to step inside before Hermione threw herself at him and hugging him tightly said, –You were outstanding, Ron.”

–It was j…just a p…practice session. N…not a big deal,” a stunned Draco managed to blurt out.

–Um… Hermione. Will you please let the guy breathe?” Ginny asked trying hard to maintain a straight face but failing miserably. Beside her Harry cleared his throat.

A completely embarrassed Hermione released the still dumbfounded Draco and said, –Oh yeah. I am so sorry.”

–No, it’s all right,” he replied recovering a little. He saw Harry and Ginny roll their eyes behind Hermione.

–Well if you both are done, can we go and eat something?” Ginny said.

Hermione turned a shade redder but before she could even open her mouth, Harry interjected, –Is food the only thing that you Weasleys can think about?”

–There are other things too which we think about. You must know some of them very well, Harry Potter,” she said taking a step towards him and poking him in the chest, her other hand casually resting on the hilt of her wand.

Immediately, Draco remembered his fifth year and the ‘littlest Weasley’s’ extremely powerful Bat Bogey Hex. Instinctively, his hand went up to his face. The memory only was enough to make him wince. His face had taken two days to recover fully from those hideous flappy things.

Harry’s expression changed and all colour drained from his face and glancing at Draco he said nervously, –Wh… what do you mean?”

–I meant hanging out with friends, playing Quidditch…but…what did you think?” she asked him with narrowed eyes.

Harry looked like he wished nothing more than to disappear inside the floor. Draco had a sneaking expression that neither these things nor the hex were the things on his mind. He suppressed a snigger that threatened to escape. But Ginny laughed out loud and soon Hermione joined her too.

Draco was shocked. He had never noticed how pretty Granger looked when she laughed. Her whole face scrunched up in delight and the way her voice tinkled was music to the ears. Aghast at the turn his thoughts were taking, he shook his head and tried to wipe off the stupid grin he knew was forming on his face.

–Et tu, Ron,” Harry said, dramatically clutching his chest.

That did it. The laugh Draco was trying so hard to suppress overcame him and he burst out into loud guffaws.

It was the first time in years that he had laughed so openly.



Chapter Endnotes: Please leave your review.