Login
MuggleNet Fan Fiction
Harry Potter stories written by fans!

My Life with a Werewolf by TonksForever36

[ - ]   Printer Chapter or Story Table of Contents

- Text Size +
Chapter 6: Burnt Butterbeer Biscuits
Chapter Text

"Dora Tonks, Dora Tonks, wake up," came the voice.

"Remus, it's too early," I said.

"It is not Remus Lupin, it is Dobby," he said.

"Dobby?" I asked, sitting up quickly and looking into his green eyes. "What are you doing in here?"

"Dobby was bringing Dora Tonks and Remus Lupin food, but he noticed the students were leaving. Dobby thought he should come and tell you."

"Remus, wake up. Wake up, wake up," I said. "Dobby said the students are leaving. We need to find out why."

Remus sat up quickly. "I'm sorry to wake you up like that, sweetheart," I said.

"It's all right, Dora," Remus said. "Dobby, do you know why the students are leaving?" he asked.

"Dobby doesn't know. All Dobby knows is that the students are out of uniform, and their trunks are being brought to the Hogwarts Express," he said.

"Dobby, Remus and I will see what's going on. Thank you for letting us know," I said.

"You're welcome, Dora Tonks," Dobby said, turning and leaving through the passage.

I quickly dressed into my black shirt, pants, boots, silver belt, and my red coat. I don't remember what Remus was wearing, but I remember he looked good.

"Do you have the two-way mirror, Dora?" Remus asked.

"Yes, I do. It's in the inside pocket of my coat.”

"All right, this is the plan; try to find your Hufflepuff friends, I'll try to find Harry, Ron, or Hermione. When we do, we'll talk, all right?" Remus asked.

"All right, Remus."

We left the Room of Requirement, and Apparated down to the Hufflepuff common room entrance. I went inside while Remus waited. Unfortunately it and the dormitories were empty.

"Remus, there's no one there. Do you think all the students have been expelled?" I asked worriedly.

"Umbridge threatened that, but I know Dumbledore wouldn't let her get away with it," Remus said. "I think we should head down to the Hogwarts Express, since Dobby said that's where the students were heading."

Remus and I Apparated to Hogsmeade Station, and stepped onto the platform. I scanned the crowd for Graciee. I saw her stepping onto the train with her owl.

"Graciee, sweetheart, what's going on? You're not in trouble, are you?" I asked.

"No, Tonks, the Christmas holidays are starting today. Dumbledore decided a few weeks ago to start them early. Didn't you and Remus know?"

"No, we didn't. We thought Umbridge had gone through with her decision to expel you," I said.

"No, our last Defence against the Dark Arts class was today. It was held in the Great Hall. All we did again was copy out our textbook for an hour. Gryffindor and Slytherin went first, then Hufflepuff and Ravenclaw. We had no more classes after that; almost all the teachers already left last night."

"Well, I'm glad you weren't expelled," I said. "Let me tell Remus what's going on. Why don't you go sit down, sweetheart?"

All right, see you soon. Thank you for getting my wand back, Tonks. Happy Christmas," Graciee said.

"Happy Christmas, Graciee," I replied.

I turned to see Remus coming towards me. "Apparently, everything is all right, Dora," he said, giving me a kiss.

"Remus, Tonks," came a voice from behind us.

"Wotcher, Harry," I said. "Is everything all right?"

"Everything is fine," Harry said, lowering voice to a whisper. "I got a letter from Padfoot asking if you would like to come back to Grimmauld Place for the holidays."

Remus and I looked at each other questioningly, then he said, "I suppose it would be all right, Harry. Do you have any parchment?"

"Yes, I have some," Harry said, pulling it from his pocket.

"I'll reply to Padfoot, Remus," I said. "Why don't you get our trunks. Can you handle it by yourself, sweetheart?"

"Yes, Dora, I think I can. I'll be back in a few minutes," Remus said.

I sat down on the bench and quickly told Sirius we would be taking Hogwarts Express and we'd be at Kings Cross in a few hours. Harry said Order members would be there to meet us. I folded the parchment in half and wrote "Padfoot" on the front. Harry retrieved Hedwig from her cage and sent her off.

"Does she know how to find the house, Harry?" I asked.

"She's done it before, Tonks. She'll be all right," Harry said.

"All right, Harry, why don't you go find a compartment, and I'll wait for Remus," I said.

"Thanks, Tonks, I'll save seats for you and Remus."

"Thanks, Harry," I said. I sat down on the bench. A few minutes later Neville arrived.

"Tonks, can I talk to you?" he asked.

"Of course, Neville. Would you like to sit?"

"Thanks, Tonks," Neville said, sitting across from me. "I wanted to thank you again for getting my wand back, and tell you what happened to my parents."

"Neville, I already know. Remus told me last night. I am so sorry that happened. This may sound strange, I feel guilty for what happened."

"Tonks, it's not your fault. I know you're related to Bellatrix Lestrange. My grandmother told me she is your mother's and Narcissa Malfoy's sister. She may be your aunt, but believe me, you are nothing like her. If you were, you wouldn't have taken the risk of getting our wands back yesterday, and I am so grateful you did that. I don't know if you know this, but my wand was actually my father's."

"Thank you, Neville, and yes, I did know about your wand," I said. "There's something I should tell you, too. My mum looks like Bellatrix, and you have no idea how complicated it is when your mum looks like someone you should hate."

"You're right, Tonks, I probably will never understand that. But know that I like you, and right now that's all that matters."

"Thank you, Neville," I said.

"You're welcome, Tonks. See you after the holidays?" he asked.

"Yes, you will," I said.

While I was waiting for Remus, I realised there was something I needed to do. I found Harry in his compartment and knocked on the window.

Harry opened it and asked, "Do you need help, Tonks?"

"Actually, I do. Would you mind if I borrow your rucksack? There's something I need to do in Hogsmeade," I said.

"Okay," Harry said, emptying his schoolbooks.

"Thanks, Harry, I'll be right back," I said.

I Apparated to Hogsmeade, and walked into Honeydukes. "Well, Tonks, welcome back," Mrs Flume said. "Have you come to get more chocolate? I heard what happened yesterday, and I thought you might need more, so I put some behind the counter for you."

"Thank you, and I wanted to pay you the Galleons I owe you from yesterday," I said. "I'm so sorry I forgot."

"It's all right, we all forget things, and you had more important things to deal with. Did you get every single wand back?"

"Yes, I did," I said, handing Mrs Flume my Galleons. "I don't know how I managed to do it."

"You had luck on your side, Tonks," she said, helping me put the case of chocolate into Harry's rucksack. "Now you better hurry, before you miss the train."

"Thank you," I said quickly. "Happy Christmas!"

"Happy Christmas, Tonks," Mrs Flume replied.

I Apparated back to Hogsmeade station. I didn't see Remus so I called him on the two-way mirror. "I'm almost done, love," he said. "I just wanted to make sure I don't forget anything."

"All right, sweetheart," I said. "I see Ron, Hermione, and the twins. I'm going to join them on the train."

"All right, Dora, I'll see you in a few minutes. I love you."

"I love you, too, Remus."

I walked back to Harry's compartment, handed him his rucksack, said hi to Ron and Hermione, and sat back down on the bench. I hadn't been sitting for more than a few seconds when I felt something run across my foot. I shrieked and jumped up.

"Are you all right, Tonks?" Hagrid asked, who was helping a first year onto the train with their owl.

"I'm all right, Hagrid. A rat ran across my foot and startled me."

I was about to sit back down when I realised what I just said. I saw the rat trying to run onto the train, so I pulled my wand and quickly cast Immobulus just as he was about to jump on the train.

I grabbed it and whispered, "If you are who I think, then you're not going anywhere." I turned the rat around and saw something that made my blood run cold. His right paw was silver. I knew this was risky, but I needed to show Remus right away.

I pulled the two-way mirror out of my pocket, and said, "Remus, I need to show you something right now." By the look on my face, he knew I was serious.

"Dora, what is it? Did you find something?" he asked.

"You could say that, Remus," I said, holding the rat up so he could see it.

"Dora, is that who I think it is?" he asked.

"I think it is, his right paw is silver, you told me the story, and I know how he got it," I said.

"Dora, why isn't he moving? You didn't use the killing curse, did you?" Remus asked.

"No, I didn't. As much as I would have liked to, I know that wouldn't help anything so I used Immobulus instead," I said.

"All right, is there anything you can put him in until I get there?" Remus asked.

Hagrid walked up to me and said, "Why don't you use Hedwig's cage, Tonks? That should hold him for a while."

"Thanks, Hagrid," I said, putting Wormtail in the cage.

A few seconds later, Remus Apparated to the platform. "I'll take care of your trunks, Remus," Hagrid said. "The trains going to leave in a few minutes. Why don't you sit down and take care of this?"

"Thank you, Hagrid," Remus said. "I can only imagine how Harry is going to react when he sees Wormtail."

"We don't really have a choice, Remus. The only thing we can do is take him back to London and turn him over to the Ministry," I said, handing Remus the cage and stepping onto the train.

"I suppose you're right, Dora," Remus replied, walking down the hall and stepping into Harry, Ron, and Hermione's compartment. Remus and I sat down next to Harry.

"Tonks, is that who I think it is?" Harry asked.

"Yes, Harry, it is. I noticed his paw was silver," I said as the train began to move. "I'm sorry I brought him on the train, but he tried to get on, and I couldn't let him run loose and run the risk of Transfiguring."

"It's all right, Tonks," Harry said.

"Why isn't he moving, Tonks?" Hermione asked, taking Crookshanks out of his carrier, who immediately began to hiss at Wormtail. "Quiet, Crookshanks!" Hermione exclaimed.

"Don't worry, Hermione," I said. "I just cast Immobulus."

Remus cast Finite Incantatem on Wormtail and Alohamora on Hedwig's cage to examine him more closely, and I was about to ask Harry how Hedwig got her name, when Crookshanks jumped forward and practically swallowed Wormtail whole!

"Bad Crookshanks!" Hermione cried. "I know you don't like Wormtail, none of us do, but eating him won't help!" Ron managed to pull Peter from Crookshanks' mouth, and Remus put him back in Hedwig's cage and locked it, but not before he bit Hermione.

Wormtail started squeaking so loudly that the students in the next compartment began to stare. I cast Silencio so we could have some peace. Ron suggested that we send a letter to Padfoot about Wormtail. He volunteered his owl, Pigwidgeon, since he'd be less recognisable than Hedwig.

I quickly wrote a note with only three words, "We have Wormtail," sealed it, and tied it to Pigwidgeon's leg.

"I hope he makes it, Tonks," Ron said. "He's not used to flying so far."

"We're only about an hour from London, Ron, and he knows where to go. I'm sure he'll be all right," Remus said.

We pulled into Kings Cross and saw Molly as soon as we stepped off the train. She hugged us all, stepped back to look at the cage, then looked at Remus, who nodded. She knew by the look on his face that it was true.

"We got your letter from Pigwidgeon," Molly said. "Dumbledore already knows what's happening and is at the Ministry. He thinks that you, Tonks, and Harry should go. I'll take Ron and Hermione back to headquarters."

"That's fine, Molly, but I believe I should take Hermione to St Mungo's. Wormtail bit her on the train after Ron pried him from Crookshanks' mouth. It's not bleeding badly, but who knows what could happen to her finger," Remus said.

"All right, Remus," Molly said. "I'll take Ron to the Ministry, and Tonks, you take Harry."

"I think we should Apparate to the Auror office. They'll be safe there," I said.

"All right, Tonks," she said. We all held hands, and Disapparated to the Department of Magical Law Enforcement.

We walked through the doors to my department. I saw Scrimgeour, who was shocked to see me. "Nymphadora, I thought you were given the week off because you weren't feeling well. What in the name of Merlin are you doing here?" he asked.

"It's a long story. I don't have time to explain it now. We have something that needs to be dealt with by the Wizengamot," I said.
Scrimgeour glanced down at the cage. "Nymphadora, is that who I think it is?"

"Yes, it is. I caught him trying to sneak onto the Hogwarts Express," I said. "I cast Immobulus, and put him in Hedwig's cage. Remus examined him, and Hermione's cat tried to eat him. He bit Hermione, so Remus took her to St. Mungo's just to make sure she's all right."

"Then Hermione should be all right," Roma's voice came from behind me. "Ronan is there today, and if he can fix my arm, I think he can take care of Hermione. The question is, Tonks, what do we do about this rat?"

Scrimgeour had left by this point, so Molly said, "I can tell Arthur what is happening, and he can tell the rest of the Order and Dumbledore, he's the leader of the Wizengamot, so I'm sure he can get a trial."

"Do you really think he could, mum?" Ron asked. "If Padfoot is freed, I can't even begin to say how great that would be."

"I'm sure we'd all like it, Ron," I said. "But we can't get ahead of ourselves. I'm going to Apparate to St Mungo's to check on Hermione and Remus, then I'll come back with them."

I did, but realised I had no idea where to go. Roma appeared beside me and said, "Don't worry, Tonks, I know the ward where Ronan works. I left Harry and Ron with Molly and Arthur. Nothing will happen to them."

"Not if Molly has anything to say about it," I said. Roma and I looked at each other and started to laugh. People were staring, but I didn't care.

"We used to laugh like that in the common room and in our dormitory, do you remember, Tonks?" Roma asked.

"Yes, I do, Roma. At Hogwarts you were my best friend," I said. "I can't believe I forgot about you after we left. I'm sorry for that."

"Tonks, it's all right," Roma said. "We all forget things. I never stopped being your friend, and I know you never stopped being mine."

Roma gave me a hug, and I smiled. I don't what it is about her, but she has this power to make other people happy, even when they don't want to be. I looked up to see Hermione and Remus walking towards us.

"Wotcher, Hermione, how's your finger?"

"It'll be fine," Hermione said. "Roma, your brother may only be a trainee Healer, but he'll make a good Healer one day."

"Thanks, Hermione," Roma said.

"Don't worry," Hermione said. "I told Ronan that too."

"Dora," Remus said finally as we exited the ward, "Where are Harry and Ron?"

"Don't worry, sweetheart," I said. "They're with Molly and Arthur. She's going to get in touch with Dumbledore and the rest of the Order."

"Tonks, do you think Padfoot could get a new trial, maybe even today?" Hermione asked.

"I don't know, Hermione," I said. "I would like nothing more than for Sirius to be pardoned. I barely know him."

"Dumbledore was leader of the Wizengamot. Unfortunately he lost that title in July. I don't know how much power he has, but I'm sure he'll try to get Padfoot a trial," Remus said. "If we show them Wormtail, then maybe things will work in our favour."

We Apparated back to the Misuse of Muggle Artifacts office and found Harry, Ron, Molly, and Arthur. Dumbledore had already been there and explained that Peter Pettigrew had been captured by me and he was going to be a witness in a trial against Sirius. This was just a plan to get the Wizengamot to convene so we could hold a trial against him.

We went to courtroom ten; the entire Order and Sirius were sitting in the stands. I had no idea where Peter was until I saw the members of the Wizengamot file in, and a cage came up through the floor. It had spikes in i, and it didn't look like Peter could even move. I know this is a mean thing to think, but I was glad to see him there, especially after fourteen years of being free when I felt he did not have the right.

I don't remember much of the actual trial; I was too busy holding Remus' hand and hoping that things would work out in Sirius' favor. Sirius sat in a chair right across from Peter and told the actual story of what happened that night. I knew he was telling the truth. What I didn't know was that Sirius had been given Veritaserum before the trial so he couldn't lie. I know that isn't allowed, but I didn't care.

Peter, who had also been given Veritaserum by Snape right before the trial began, confessed to everything. He seemed shocked that he said what he did. Upon hearing Peter's confession, and since it matched what Sirius said, almost all of the members of the Wizengamot voted to free Sirius. All, that is, except a certain member dressed in pink. I didn't much care though. The fourteen years of waiting were over and Sirius was free! We all broke into cheers and I got up, ran over to Sirius, and hugged him. Remus went next and then Harry. Umbridge of course had to get the last word and said she'd do everything in her power to have Sirius' pardon revoked. I told Umbridge she could go to Hell. She threatened to have me sacked, and my wand confiscated, but I was so happy I didn't care.

Peter's sentence was the Dementors' Kiss. We had the choice to witness it. Everyone turned it down. All we wanted to do was leave and celebrate. We all sat down on the fountain when Sirius said he had something very important to discuss with Harry. He asked if they could have some privacy.

We Disapparated back to my cubicle to wait. By now, Scrimgeour had heard what happened and said he was happy it turned out in Sirius' favour. A few minutes later I received a note from Sirius saying that Harry had agreed to let Sirius adopt him!

"Sirius?" I asked. "I don't doubt this it what James and Lily would want, and I trust you. I was just wondering if a Ministry employee is required to come along as a witness."

Sirius looked at the papers and said, "Yes, Tonks, two witnesses are required, but it doesn't say anything about them being a Ministry employee, but I would gladly have you and Remus along as witnesses."

"I would love to, Padfoot, as I promised you fourteen years ago, after Harry was born," Remus said.

Sirius, Remus, Harry and I joined arms and Disapparated to Privet Drive. We walked down the road to Number Four, and Harry knocked on the door for what would hopefully be the last time. Dudley answered the door and stared.

"You think he never saw a person with pink hair before, Tonks," Sirius said.

"My hair is pink, Sirius?" I asked. "It hasn't been that way for a long time."

"Excuse me," Harry said. "As much as I like your hair, Tonks, I think there's something more important to take care of."

"Right, Harry, sorry," I said.

"Dudley, are Uncle Vernon and Aunt Petunia in?" Harry asked. "We have something very important to talk to them about."

"All right," Dudley said. "Wait here, and I'll get Mum and Dad."

After a few minutes and some whispering, Harry's aunt and uncle finally came to the door.

"Pardon us, Mr and Mrs Dursley, we don't mean to intrude. I'm Remus Lupin, this is Dora Tonks, and Sirius Black, Harry's godfather," Remus said.

"We are perfectly aware of who you are. Harry has mentioned you and Sirius, Mr Lupin. We are also perfectly aware that Mr Black is a convicted murderer."

"Actually," Sirius said, pulling the pardon forms from his coat pocket, "if you care to look at these, you will see that is no longer the case." Petunia and Vernon looked them over, then invited us inside. Petunia locked the door, and I cast wards on it while Remus and Sirius went into the sitting room. Dudley stood behind me staring. I knew he wanted to say something, but after I gave him a look, he changed his mind.

I sat down next to Remus and took his hand. "The reason we are here today," Sirius said. "Since I have been pardoned of the crime I didn't commit fourteen years ago. Lily and James appointed me Harry's legal guardian before they died. I promised them I would adopt Harry if anything happened to them. I have the adoption papers Lily and James had drawn up when Harry was a baby. If you would like to sign them, then I will have custody of Harry, and you won't have to worry about him anymore."

Before Harry's aunt and uncle had a chance to answer, Dudley asked, "If Harry leaves, does this mean I can have my second bedroom back?"

"Merlin's beard, is that all Dudley cares about?" I thought. I had to fight back a laugh when Harry rolled his eyes.

"You heard the man, Petunia. If we hand Harry over to Black, then he's none of our concern any more, and it's probably better that he be with his own kind," Vernon said.

"All right," Petunia agreed. We realized that none of us had quills, so Vernon, Petunia, Harry, Sirius, and I signed the papers. Harry quickly ran upstairs to make sure he had left nothing behind. Satisfied, we Disapparated back to Grimmauld Place.

Walking into the kitchen, we saw Professor Dumbledore, Professor McGonagall, Molly, Arthur, and the rest of the Order. Fred, George, Ginny, Ron and Hermione were also there. They all yelled, "Welcome Home, Harry!" as soon as we walked in. Everyone wanted to hug Harry and congratulate him. We toasted with firewhiskey, which we know Harry and the underage wizards were too young to drink, but we had a reason to celebrate. Molly made a special supper and dessert for Harry, and we all ate ourselves sick on chocolate.

Everyone left except for Harry, Ron, Hermione, Sirius, Remus and myself. It wasn't too late but we were all happily exhausted so we went to sleep. Remus and I went to the attic, which Molly had indeed fixed up for us.

Several hours later, near eleven o'clock at night, I woke up because I heard laughter coming from the kitchen. I groaned and pulled myself out of bed. I know I should have put on my dressing gown because all I was wearing was one of Remus' shirts because I couldn't find my nightdress earlier, but I was too lazy to look, and I probably wouldn't have found it anyway.

I Apparated down the the kitchen, where I found Sirius, Remus, Harry, Ron, and Hermione surrounded by burned cookies and butterbeer, telling stories and laughing. "Sorry, Dora," Remus said as I sat down next to him. "Did we wake you?"

"It's all right, sweetheart," I said taking his hand and kissing his cheek. I nearly kissed his neck, then remembered there were three underage wizards in the room.

"Tonks," Sirius said, "may I ask why you are wearing nothing more than my best mate's shirt?"

"Sorry, favorite cousin, but I couldn't find my nightdress, so I had do a little improvising," I said.

I hadn't really looked for my nightdress, but I wasn't about to tell anyone that, except maybe Remus.

"It's all right, Tonks," Harry spoke up. "We can just Obliviate ourselves, so we we'll never remember seeing that. Would you like a biscuit?"

"Sure, I said, reaching across Hermione and taking the biscuit. "What were you doing down here anyway that was so fun?"

"Listening to Remus and Sirius tell stories about my mum and dad," Harry said. "Did you know my dad was Head Boy in seventh year, Tonks?"

"No, Harry, I didn't," I said. "I'm actually quite surprised."

"Don't worry, Dora, so was I," Remus said.

I laughed so hard I dropped my biscuit before I even got to take a bite. "Don't worry, Tonks, we'll feed that one to Buckbeak, he'll eat anything," Hermione said, passing me another.

"Thanks, Hermione," I said, taking a bite. "For burned biscuits, these are actually pretty good. Two questions though: what were they supposed to be, and did you put butterbeer in them?"

"We wanted them to be gingerbread men, but they turned into biscuit bits after I dropped the tray on the floor. We couldn't find milk so we used butterbeer instead," Ron said.

"That's what woke Sirius, Buckbeak, and me up. Buckbeak started making such a racket, that we had to investigate. We saw the trio standing in the kitchen, looking sheepish, surrounded by broken biscuits, with Crookshanks, Pig, and Hedwig helping themselves," Remus said.

"Now we know why your owl is called 'Pig'," I said.

"Good point, Tonks," Ron said. "Would you like some butterbeer?"

"Sure, why not, it's about time we got rid of it anyway. That reminds me, sweetheart, we should bring down the pumpkin juice from Hogwarts," I said.

"Where'd you get pumpkin juice at Hogwarts?" Harry asked.

"I suppose we can tell them, Dora, now that we're here. The night we asked you for the Marauders Map, Harry, it's because we needed to find the Room of Requirement."

"I know about the Room of Requirement," Harry said.

"You do?" I asked, incredulously.

"I mean, I've heard of it," Harry said quickly. "Hermione told me, she knows everything."

"Well, Dumbledore obviously knows of it, also," I said. "After Umbridge found out Remus was staying at my flat, he told us to look for a room on the seventh floor, and how to find it. That's where we were hiding until today. I'm very tired, cold, and unfortunately, I'm going to bed alone," I said yawning.

"Talking of people yawning, it's getting late, and I think I know two wizards and a witch who should be in bed," Sirius said.

"All right, Sirius," Harry said. "I'm tired anyway. It's been a busy but very good day."

"That it has," Sirius said, standing and helping all of us up. "Good night, everyone."

"Good night," we all said. Sirius and I helped Harry, Ron, Hermione Disapparate from the kitchen. Remus stayed behind to take his potion, and promised he'd be up in a few minutes.

I took the time in the attic to make sure we had chocolate and enough blankets. The attic has no fireplace, and Remus said it could get cold. I'd have to see if could create one. I sat on the windowsill to think. I promised Remus I would wait until the full moon was over until we took the relationship further. There's only three days left, and I'm trying to be patient, but I want him, and it's getting harder to wait. I can't take advantage of him like that. I can't and I won't. I really should talk to Molly. She was helpful the three months Remus was underground with the werewolves. I know she'd understand how I feel.

Remus Apparated into the room, standing near the doorway. I walked over to him, reached past him, brushing against his wrist, and turned the key in the lock.

"Why did you lock the door that way, love?" Remus asked. "You could have used your wand."

"There's some things I like to do the old-fashioned way, Remus," I said.

"Like what?" he asked.

"Like this," I whispered, standing on my toes, and kissing him the way I wanted to in the kitchen.

Remus tried to resist for a few seconds, but after the day we'd had and the stress I'd been through, he realised that wasn't going to happen.

His hand went from my thigh to my stomach, and I started to unbutton his shirt, and then pulled it from his trousers.
Remus broke the kiss, looked at me and whispered, "Nymphadora?" against my neck.

"It's okay, Remus. I want this and I want you. I won't stop you," I said.

"I'm sorry I called you Nymphadora," he whispered.

"Remus, I never cared that you call me that," I said.

Remus began to kiss my neck, which caused me to lose my breath, and nearly my mind. When I regained both, I slipped Remus' shirt from his shoulders, fell to my knees, and began to place kisses on his stomach. I ran my tongue and hands over his scars. After what seemed like a few minutes, but was probably only a few seconds, I achieve my five-day-long goal of having Remus let out a soft moan.

When Remus threaded his hands in my hair, I got to my feet. Remus began to kiss my neck again, and unbutton my shirt. He turned, began to move me towards the bed, and laid me down on it, his hands moving over my skin the entire time.

"Nymphadora, there's something I want to do to you. It may hurt a little," he whispered.

"You can do it, Remus. I know it won't hurt too badly, I trust you," I said.

"It's something to protect you from Fenrir, sort of like a spell, but in order to do it properly, I have to mark you. That means biting you on the neck, not hard enough to break the skin, but just hard enough to leave a mark. My scent will be beneath your skin, and that will keep Fenrir and other werewolves away."

"All right, Remus, you can do it," I whispered.

"It needs to happen halfway through the transformation, or else it won't work and I can end up making you like me," he said.

"I trust you, Remus. I know you'll be able to do it," I said.

"Thank you, Nymphadora," he whispered in my ear.

He resumed kissing my neck and running his hands over my body. I don't remember much of what happened, but halfway through Remus' transformation he marked me as his. I can only hope it worked. I fell asleep happy knowing I had given him what he wanted the most, which was me.