Login
MuggleNet Fan Fiction
Harry Potter stories written by fans!

Love at First Fight? by roselily

[ - ]   Printer Chapter or Story Table of Contents

- Text Size +
“Hello James, Lily.”

Dumbledore looked on his new Head Boy and Head Girl for the year. He noticed that as usual, Lily Evans was inching her way as far away from James Potter as she could.

Always the same, the two of them. James looking upon Lily as if she were Aphrodite and Lily looking upon James with disgust.

They mumbled their “hello professor” and waited patiently for him to give them instructions for their upcoming year. Dumbledore started walking out of his office and up the stairs and around winding hallways, James and Lily following close behind listening carefully.

“You two have been entrusted with the wonderful responsibility---and privilege--- of being the Heads of the school. Obviously this will take a great deal of work and dedication, but I assure you that it will be completely satisfying. As you know, you are allowed to dock points from misbehaving students and if you feel the need to report them, do so. Also, you are required to patrol the corridors from 9 until 10:30 every night, and until 11 on Fridays. You have Saturdays and Sundays off. If either of you have any suggestions for social events feel free to get them approved, then you may plan them yourselves.

The Headmaster stopped in front of a portrait of a rather large man with a twisted moustache. The man had little greedy watery eyes.

“This is Mr. Mario. The password to get into your dormitories is “bungalow”. When you enter, you will see your common room, a bathroom, and two more portraits. The female is Luisa, Lily if you set a password with her; she opens to your room. The male is Richard, James set a password with him and he will open to your room. You can change your passwords at any time. That is all, good night.

Dumbledore turned to walk away and called over his shoulder, “Oh and by the way, patrols start tomorrow night. Prefects have their patrol assignments already, so don’t be alarmed if you run into any of them. Good night.” He vanished from sight around the corner.

Lily wheeled around to face the Italian portrait, Mr. Mario, and said nothing more than “bungalow”. The portrait swung open without a word and Lily stomped through the entrance, James hurrying to catch up.

Okay, prove to her you’re serious about this job. Show her that you aren’t going to blow this off. Above all else, DO NOT show that she hurts you or tick her off or come across as an idiot. The last thing I need right now is that fiery temper of hers back in gear already.

Just as James finished thinking all of this he stood in amazement at the sight of the Head’s common room. It was large, cozy, and beautiful. Bookshelves lined the walls where there weren’t the two large portraits, a fire, and a door leading presumably into their bathroom. He noticed Lily standing a few feet away from him with the same awe-struck look on her face.

“Listen, Evans, don’t think I’m going to blow you off and make you do all of the work, because I’m not like that. I’ll do my fair share. Also, we need to get through this year without you killing me. So why don’t we start over, forget the past, and just try to be friends?” he held out his hand in what he hoped was a friendly gesture, but the smile on his face soon dropped when Lily declined to take it.

“Potter, I don’t need your sarcasm right now. If you truly want to be friends you are going to have to prove it to me. I’m going to bed, goodnight.” With that she went over to the portrait of Luisa, a woman with black, shoulder-length, sleek hair, and a tan complexion, and started whispering to her. Luisa replied with a strong Hispanic accent and said, “As you wish”, most likely replying to a set password. James walked around the set of couches and table to an old balding man.

“Richard, I believe?”
“Yes young man, are you Mr. James Potter?”
“That I am sir, I have a password for you. How does beautiful lilies sound?”
“Absolutely spiffing. Here you are.” The portrait hole swung open.

James walked into his new room, appalled for the second time in about ten minutes. The whole thing was a deep red, with gold fixtures. Perfect for the captain of the Gryffindor quidditch team. He jumped onto his bed and fell instantaneously into a deep sleep.
---------------------------------------------------------------------

Lily looked around her room with sheer delight. Around her was a dark green room with royal blue and silver decorations. She collapsed onto her bed and breathed deeply. She was surprised to smell, what else, wait, was that, roses? She opened her eyes and saw a bouquet of red roses next to her bed.

Well, they are my favorite next to lilies. And they smell nice. Maybe this year won’t be so bad, as long as I stay away from Potter. That’s going to be next to impossible though. UGH I don’t want to even think about this.

She got up; put on her nightdress, and peeked outside to make sure Potter wasn’t there. Luckily he was gone. She went into the bathroom and was pleased to find a lock. Shutting the door behind her she glanced around, noticing two separate sinks, mirrors, and cabinets, a shower, toilet, and another door. She ventured over to it, opened it, and stepped inside the room. A neck-deep bathtub with many taps she realized were different bubbles because the prefect’s bathroom had the same thing was in it, along with a stack of white fluffy towels. Glad to have an area to relax, she locked the door, filled the bathtub with lavender bubbles, and floated on her back in the middle of it until very late. She then redressed and went to bed, falling asleep very quickly.
----------------------------------------------------------------------
James awoke the next morning to a tapping on his window. His window? Obviously he hadn’t inspected his room very thoroughly. He opened his window and swiftly moved out of the way so one of his family owls Mischief could fly in. Stroking her back, he removed the letter attached to her leg. His mouth dropped when he read its contents.

Jamsie,
How is school going sweetheart? Your father and I miss you terribly already! We have good news for you, though! Two pieces, actually, and I’ll save the best for last. First of all, your father and I decided that you should have Mischief. Seeing as you two are very close although we just got her last month, and her name suits you, it seems like a match to me! If you haven’t found the cage and owl food I hid in the bottom of your trunk yet it’s there for you. Also, do you remember that your father and I have some old friends from school, the Thomas’? And that they have a son named Ryan, who would be in sixth year if he went to Hogwarts? Well, we were named the godparents of him. Sadly, Lord Voldemort killed his parents, so naturally we are adopting him! Yes I know, you would think that I would be sadder about this, and believe me I am, but I’m trying to hide it. Anyways your new brother will be joining you at Hogwarts next Monday. Headmaster Dumbledore is already aware, as well as the rest of the staff. PLEASE be kind to him and make him feel welcome! I know you and Sirius won’t let me down, Jamsie.
With Love,
Mumsie


James rubbed his eyes and reread the letter to make sure he understood this correctly. After he was certain, he started wondering about how Sirius would take this. After all, they were like brothers, and Sirius did live with him during breaks due to his disownment from the evil Black family. He quickly dressed and exited his room, but was startled to find Lily sitting at the table reading a piece of parchment. She was muttering to herself as she read, “you have GOT to be kidding me. UGH as if this year couldn’t get any worse” Normally James would be curious to what she was upset about but at the moment that was not what was on his mind.

He stood there staring at her; she was wearing purple sweatpants and a white tank top. Even in the morning before she primped she was beautiful. Her hair was sleek and shiny, and her eyes blazed that familiar emerald green. She caught him looking at her, and he stammered something about finding Sirius and left.

A/N: please review! Good or bad is fine with me! And, oh yeah, I don’t own Harry Potter. Duh.