Login
MuggleNet Fan Fiction
Harry Potter stories written by fans!

Now or Never by theMarauders

[ - ]   Printer Chapter or Story Table of Contents

- Text Size +
Harry woke up the next morning in the common room. He had never made it up to his own bed last night. He saw the mirror sitting on the table in front of him and memories of the night before flooded his mind--Ginny and Sirius. He quickly hurried back up the stairs to the dormitory and changed his clothes. When he turned around, he noticed Ron staring at him.

“Hey man, are you okay?” Ron asked while yawning.

“Yeah, I’m fine.” Harry had the urge to tell Ron about Sirius but he wanted to tell Ginny first. He wanted to tell Ginny first? When had he ever wanted to tell Ginny anything before he told Ron?

“You didn’t look so good last night. Have any luck with that mirror?”

“Ummm…no…” Harry lied. Ron turned his head slightly and gave him a strange look. Normally when anyone discussed Sirius or the mirror Harry would go running off or he would become frozen to the spot and wouldn’t respond to anyone or anything.

“Harry? Are you sure you’re okay? You didn’t go running off or freeze…that’s unlike you.” Ron knew that something was up and he was trying desperately to get Harry to tell him.

“Ron, if there was something wrong I would tell you. I really would. I have to go find Ginny, I’ll see you at breakfast.” Harry scurried out of the room before Ron could ask him anymore questions.

Find Ginny? Ron thought. Find Ginny? What did he need to find Ginny for? Ron continued to space out until he heard a distant voice shouting his name.

“Ronald, please come down here.”

Ron sprinted down the steps and came face to face with Hermione. “What the bloody hell is up now?”

“Harry’s…acting normal! What is up with him?” Hermione looked at him quizzically.

“Jeesh, you’re acting as if it’s a bad thing, Hermione.”

“He came bounding down the stairs all happy. He asked me if I’d seen Ginny and I told him she went to the library…then I asked him what was wrong and he was like nothing and I noticed him holding the mirror. I asked him if he’d talked to Sirius…he said no. He actually answered my question. RON ARE YOU LISTENING TO ME?”

Ron was looking out the window. “What? Oh yeah I asked him the same thing. This is all really weird. And since when does he want Ginny?”

At this comment a smile washed across her face. “Ron, you do remember that Harry likes Ginny? And Ginny likes Harry?”

“Well, I tried to talk to Harry about it but he said that he didn’t like her.”

“RON! Of course he’s not going to admit to it! You shouldn’t be talking! I’ve had enough and I’m going to bed.” Hermione threw her hands up in rage and stormed out of the common room.

“I guess I’m the only civilized one left in the world.” Ron mumbled as he slumped over and began walking to the Great Hall for breakfast.

************************************

“GINNY!” Harry screamed as he ran down the hallway. He could spot her long, red hair from a mile away.

“Oh, hello Harry,” Ginny’s insides were turning. Why did he want her?

“Ginny you won’t believe what happened last night...” Harry then went on to tell her all about the mirror and Sirius. By the time he was done, Ginny had her hand over her mouth and her eyes were wide.

“Oh my god, Harry, that’s wonderful.” Before she knew what she was doing she gave him a great, big hug. He wrapped his arms around her. Suddenly she pulled away. “Oh, umm…I’m sorry,” Although she really wasn’t sorry. It had felt so right his arms just then.

Harry stared at Ginny’s beautiful face. He had just hugged her. Ginny Weasley had hugged him and actually meant it. “Ginny there’s nothing to be sorry about.” He blushed a deep red. He almost looked like Ron’s ears.

Ginny smiled back. “I was going to go to the library just now, but I’m kinda hungry. Do you wanna go get some breakfast?”

“Sure. But, I have to make it quick, I have to go see Dumbledore afterwards to tell him about the mirror.” Then they both hurried off to the hall together. All Harry wanted to do was grab her hand, but he resisted his temptations.

************************************
Ron and Hermione were sitting eating breakfast in the Great Hall when Harry and Ginny walked in. Harry looked so happy that Ron still couldn’t believe it.

“Why are so happy mate?”

“Am I allowed to be happy? Do you want me to go back to being as upset as I was before last night?”

“AHA! What happened last night Harry?”

“Nothing happened.” He looked over and smiled at Ginny. She winked back. Harry grabbed a piece of toast without even sitting down and stuffed it into his mouth. “I’ve got to go see Dumbledore…I’ll see you guys in Charms.”

Ron continued to stare at Harry with his mouth open.

“Oh for heaven’s sake Ron close your mouth.” Hermione muttered.

Ginny had managed to grab a seat farther down the table so that she would not be able to be questioned by Ron and Hermione. Boy was she wrong.

“GINNY! Here. Right now.” Hermione yelled loudly so that half of the Gryffindor table turned to face her. Ginny didn’t want to go, but she had to. She was in no mood to be screamed at twice within 24 hours.

“What?”

“What’s with Harry?” Ron and Hermione blurted out at the same. They both looked at each other and then blushed. Ginny snickered.

“When he’s ready to tell you, he will.” Ginny loved knowing things they didn’t. At least they got a dose of what she had had to go through the past 6 years.

“Why did he tell you anyways?” Ron muttered to her. It was Ginny’s turn to blush.

“Because-because-because…he got mad at me last night. He yelled. It was all his anger that had built up over the summer and he just let it all out…on me. And he told me some things…and he just felt like this morning he wanted to share some information with me.” She beamed proudly. Harry Potter had told her the information about Sirius. Not Ron or Hermione. She had never felt so proud in her life. It was with this that Ginny left the table and exited the Great Hall. She decided to go sit in the common room and work on her homework. She was also hoping to get to talk to Harry before he went to class.

**********************************
Harry was leaving Dumbledore’s office, but he was as not at all as happy as when he had entered. Dumbledore had told him that killing Bellatrix could take months, even years. And by then Dumbledore had said Sirius could be dead. Although he didn’t need food to survive behind the veil, the only thing keeping him alive was hope. Dumbledore had also taken the mirror from Harry and contacted Sirius right in front of him. He had told Sirius that it would take a long time until they killed Bellatrix and Sirius said that he didn’t like it in there. He had told Dumbledore he didn’t know how much longer he could last. And finally, he told Harry he loved him. Sirius was as good as dead. Harry began to cry again as he walked back up the common room. The only person that could help him right now was Ginny, and there was no way he was going to charms. ‘Ginny’s probably in class by now,’ he thought.

*********************************
Ginny gathered her books to head off to her first class of the day, Care of Magical Creatures. At least she’d get to see Hagrid. All of sudden, she saw a blur run past her, then stop and turn around. Uh oh, it was Harry.

“Oh no Harry, what’s wrong?” Ginny asked as she noticed the tears on his face. He quickly explained to her what had happened and Ginny decided she should stay with Harry, Hagrid would understand.

Before long, they were sitting on the couch together talking about things other than Sirius. They were talking about Quidditch and Ginny was about to tell Harry about how she wanted to be a chaser.

“Yeah, I know. I liked being a seeker, but I’d really like to…” She was suddenly interrupted.

“Be with you.” Harry had finished her sentence with a different ending than she had intended. Harry had no idea where it came from, it was like he couldn’t hold it in any longer. He loved Ginny Weasley, and he was proud of it.

All Ginny could do was stare. She had a huge loss of words. Finally, it was Harry who spoke.

“Ginny, I really, really like you. I can’t imagine getting through the rest of the year without you. I’m pretty sure you like me too, and if you don’t, I’m sorry I have put you through all this.” It just occurred to Harry that maybe Ginny did not like him after all…

“Oh, Harry.” And with that she pulled him into a hug and then kissed him lightly on the lips.

A/N I hope you enjoy this chapter! The next chapter is going to be full with lots of fluff and snogging. I have either one or two chapters left and then onto my sequel! Please review...its the only way i know if i should continue writing the story!