Login
MuggleNet Fan Fiction
Harry Potter stories written by fans!

Now or Never by theMarauders

[ - ]   Printer Chapter or Story Table of Contents

- Text Size +
Chapter 7

Ron stared at Ginny is disbelief, “Why in the world would Harry break up with you?” Ron couldn’t believe it, he didn’t believe Ginny. He just thought that she was overreacting to this whole prophecy thing and was probably hallucinating.

Ginny was unable to talk, she seemed voiceless and cold. Ron looked back between Hermione and Ginny, not knowing what to do. Hermione walked over to Ginny and put her arm around her as she gently rocked her back and forth to calm her down.

“Ginny”calm down…just breathe…I’m sure that Harry didn’t really break up with you…calm down, Gin…that’s it…” Hermione could have a very soothing personality about herself, but only when she wanted to act like that.

Finally, Ginny was able to find her voice, “I went to try to apologize to him for not talking the past week. He got upset and mad because I told him before he told us about the prophecy that I would always be there. He said I hadn’t been there for him the past week and that he had had to get through all of this alone. And then he said since I could obviously get through all of this alone, that we were just better off by ourselves…” Ginny began to cry again as her voice trailed off.

Hermione looked up at Ron who was now staring angrily towards the dormitories. No one makes my sister feel this bad…no one…He looked down at Ginny and Hermione and realized what he needed to do. He was going to have to work everything out with Harry by himself.

**************************************
Harry was sitting in his bed staring up at ceiling, crying. He didn’t mean to break up with Ginny, for that had never been his intentions. He had just wanted to make her realize how much she had hurt him, and he had gotten a little carried away. If there was one person in the world he needed, it was Ginny.

He took out a piece of parchment and began to write Ginny a letter, because he knew that she would never talk to him face to face ever again.

Dear Ginny,

I’m so sorry about what I said…I never
meant to break up with you. The truth is,
I’ve been struggling this week mainly
because I didn’t have you. Ginny, you
make me complete. When I’m with you,
I feel 100 times better. I didn’t want to
tell you about the prophecy, but I had to.
If I don’t have you to help me through this,
then I might as well just give in to Voldemort
right now…I’m sorry Ginny, please forgive me.

Love always,
Harry


He re-read the letter and realized he needed to add one more thing. He scribbled 3 more words onto the piece of parchment so that the last sentence read: I’m sorry Ginny, please forgive me, I love you. He called for Hedwig, who had been sitting on a perch next to Harry’s bed for the last two days because he had become so lonely. “Hedwig, deliver this letter to Ginny…really fast.” Hedwig pecked him with affection and took off.

**************************************
As Ron began to walk the dreaded steps up to his dormitory to talk to Harry, Hedwig zoomed overhead. Ron had a feeling that she was delivering a letter to Ginny, so he decided that he would not discuss Ginny with Harry, he would merely try and speak to him. Ron secretly hoped that Harry wouldn’t get as mad at him as he did to Ginny, Ron couldn’t afford to be on Harry’s bad side.

As he entered the room he noticed that hangings drawn around Harry’s bed as usual. Harry thought that it was Ginny who had entered the dormitory so he poked his head out only to come face to face with Ron. Anger flared up inside of Harry and he immediately and he pulled the drawings back around his bed.

“Harry, can we talk?” Ron asked, he had never sounded so polite before in his life.

“Hmmm….let me think about it…no,” Harry did not want to talk to Ron at all. He only wanted to talk to Ginny.

“Harry, listen, I’m sorry I haven’t helped you through the last week, it’s just been really hard for me too,” Ron felt like he was talking to a wall because he knew Harry wasn’t listening.

“Ron, I don’t want to talk to anyone right now. Please leave,” Harry was really getting aggravated.

“Harry, I really want to talk to you.”

“Well, now you know how I’ve been feeling the whole week. All I’ve wanted to do is talk to you guys the whole week and I’ve been completely ignored. So now I’m going to do the same to you.” And with that, Harry got up and started walking towards the door, only to walk into Ginny.

“Harry, can we talk?” Ginny asked. Her eyes were all red and blotchy and her hair all mused.

“Okay,” Harry said. He motioned for her and to come with him and sit down on his bed. Meanwhile, Ron was looking a little frustrated and for about the third time in his life, he did the right thing and left Harry and Ginny alone without even saying a word.

Once Ginny was sitting on Harry’s bed, she reached into her pocket and pulled out the letter he had written her. There were tear stains that were smudging the writing, but Ginny didn’t care. “Harry, I’m so sorry I haven’t been there. I really am. What can I do to make it up to you?”

Harry stared at Ginny and for the first time in a week he smiled. “You can make it up to me by being my girlfriend and promising you will never do that to me again.”

“Oh, Harry,” And with that, she gave Harry the biggest hug in the world. And he gave her the biggest kiss.

************************************************
Ron walked back into the common room to find Hermione sitting on a chair by the fireplace, deep in thought. Ron suddenly got the chills as he stared at her, and he could feel himself blushing.

Hermione looked across the room and noticed Ron staring at her, blushing. Their eyes met and she began to blush too. Slowly, she rose out of her chair and began to walk over towards Ron.

Ron’s heart was racing fast as Hermione walked closer to him. Her face was inches away from his, and as she stood on her tippy-toes to give him a kiss---

“HERMIONE! Guess what? Me and Harry are back together, and…oh my,” Ginny and Harry were holding hands and bouncing the stairs but had both stopped on the last step. Ron and Hermione were standing very close to each other…a little too close. But, at that moment, the smile on both Harry and Ginny’s faces grew a little wider.

***************************

A/N: Hey everyone! I hoped that this chapter was a lot happier than the last few...i love it when you guys review so keep them coming!