Alice in Potterland [Contact
I recently graduated from university, so I should have more time on my hands to write. Professionally, I'm a pet-sitter until I figure out what I want to do when I grow up. I love to write fanfiction and love to read it, so I hope you find my work worth your time, even if there isn't very much of it.
I also edit what I've already posted somewhat often, so it's always worth going back for a reread (which you'll probably want to do anyway since the time between chapter updates is considerable.)
I'm writing a single VERY LONG novel-of-a-thing called "the Sound Inside a Shell", which is a marauder-era fic mostly. It's been my brain-child for - oh.... - six years or so. It's a slow and steady road, but I hope you'll find it worth the trip.
I'm ALSO writing a series of one-shots now, called "Portraits," which I started doing because I had a lot of ideas that I really didn't want to expound into long chaptered stories, but still wanted to tell, but also because I feel guilty for leaving so many people hanging between chapters of "the Sound" so maybe this will appease you? I hope so!
All in all, I respect and admire this community so much and am so in love with being a part of it. Please enjoy what I put out for you guys (anyone who writes without an audience is writing in the dark) and yes, I ALWAYS respond to reviews, even if it's late. If you've taken the time to read my work and write a reply to it, I think you deserve MY time in writing back.
Published so far:
- The Sound Inside a Shell (Prologue, Chapters 1, 2 ,and 3)
* The prologue of TSIAS has been edited for the FINAL time and is MUCH MUCH better (in my opinion) than it ever has been, so go take a look. Working on edits for the published chapters now.
- Portraits: Dudley Dursley (A Muggle's Address) - this won an award for something, apparently! I don't know what for or when, but thank you to anyone who helped make that possible!
- Portraits: Minerva McGonagall (Ouroboros) - this...is getting edited. Reviews are welcome if you have any particular suggestions to help me edit!
Works in progress:
- TSIAS (always)
- Portraits: Argus Filch, Mrs. Norris, Molly Weasley, Rubeus Hagrid, the Sorting Hat, Fred Weasley II - if you have a request, let me know in a review of any of my stories!
- editing a "Portraits" piece I wrote that was rejected, which dealt with some heavy content related to Peter Pettigrew and Petunia Evans. It was rejected for totally valid reasons, but I think I was really on to something with the piece, so I'll be tinkering with it until it's ready for another submission.
6th-7th Years •
Minerva McGonagall recounts her brief relationship with Tom Riddle, which began during their years at Hogwarts and ended with horrifying revelations.
1st-2nd Years •
Dudley Dursley makes a speech to honor the world's most famous wizard.
3rd-5th Years •
Summary: "Voldemort meant little to us then. It was just a name our frightened parents tossed around. They had grown up during Grindelwald's reign - knew nothing but fear. They were paranoid. To us, fear was tangible only in the moments spent considering another loss to Slytherin on the pitch."
Wedged comfortably between two eras of turmoil, the students of Hogwarts never imagined they'd go down fighting. Life at school was defined by teenage rebellion, tough classes, and nail-bitingly exciting Quidditch games. Grindelwald's defeat was news of the past, but some told of a new dark wizard on the rise by the name of Lord Voldemort...
But for Alice Emerson and Lily Evans, for Potter and Black and the rest of her class, that was simply irrelevant. The outside world stopped at Hogwarts' gates until tragedy in their fifth year brought it violently to the forefront.