Love Blossoms Once More by mysteriousnight
Summary: Hermione has been an Auror for three years. An almost usual mission forces her to dwell upon her painful past, and rethink her future. Takes place about six years after the trio leaves Hogwarts. Read and Review Please!

Note: Rated "Third to Fifth Year" just in case.
Categories: Ron/Hermione Characters: None
Warnings: Alternate Universe
Challenges:
Series: None
Chapters: 13 Completed: Yes Word count: 20410 Read: 47624 Published: 02/19/05 Updated: 07/13/06

1. Old Friends by mysteriousnight

2. Surprises by mysteriousnight

3. Aftermath by mysteriousnight

4. Confrontation by mysteriousnight

5. New Direction by mysteriousnight

6. Advice by mysteriousnight

7. Cause by mysteriousnight

8. Effect by mysteriousnight

9. Remembrance by mysteriousnight

10. Divulgence by mysteriousnight

11. Repercussion by mysteriousnight

12. Repairs by mysteriousnight

13. Epilogue by mysteriousnight

Old Friends by mysteriousnight
Author's Notes:
Chapter Summary: Harry beckons Hermione to Mad-Eye Moody's house, where supposedly, he's had another episode. What will they find there?


A stormy day brought Hermione home early, to Hogsmeade, from work. She worked in the Ministry of Magic now, under Minister of Magic Arthur Weasley. She was an Auror, and had been for three years. She’d gone through the three-year training program, and she’d passed with flying colors. Her best friends, Harry Potter and Ron Weasley, had been beside her the entire time, also passing the course with honors. But something happened that changed their friendship and caused Ron to retire after a year of being an Auror, that none of them like to talk about.

Hermione walked passed a store with a sign that read Weasley’s Quidditch Supplies: If We Don’t Have It, No One Does! She looked sadly through the window and saw Ron, then quickly looked away and continued walking home, at a slightly quicker pace.

She missed Ron deeply. They had a bit of a romance while at Hogwarts, and in training as well, but something happened that split them up.

She finally reached her house after what seemed like a horribly long walk, especially on a stormy day like today, and stood outside for a moment staring at it. It was small, but quaint, a sand colored house with forest green shutters on every shining window, and an ornate walnut door. It was rather simple, but Hermione was proud of it nonetheless.

She finally went inside, and with a flick of her wand, candles were lit and light flooded the house, which made it look even more inviting then it had outside. Another flick of her wand and a fire was lit in the fireplace, which warmed the house immediately. She was starting on dinner when there was a knock on the window. It was a small brown barn owl, and it had a letter waiting for Hermione in its beak.

She quickly opened the window and let the owl fly in. It dropped its letter right on the table. Hermione gave it a bit of bread, and it went off into the freezing night. She looked down at the letter. It was from her parents, who had just recently learned how to send mail by owl, and were sending Hermione a letter almost everyday. This one read:


Dear Hermione,

How are you, Love? Right now, we’re in The Caribbean. It’s real fun here! There’s all sorts of people (but more weird ones than normal). But, instead of talking about us, Love, we want to talk about you. You haven’t been your self lately. It’s starting to scare us, it is. When you get a chance, write us back, or visit if it fits in your schedule. Love You.

Mum and Dad


She crumpled up the letter and whispered Evanesco, making it disappear. She wasn’t herself lately, that was true. The anniversary of Ginny’s death was coming up. She wanted to go the memorial, but then again, she didn’t want to face all the people that reminded her of Ginny. It would be too much.

She fixed herself a dinner of a salad and a corned beef sandwich. She didn’t eat much of it though, for she wasn’t very hungry. She cleaned up after herself, then grabbed a blanket and lay by the fire, staring at the tossing flames. She missed her old life, where everything was happy. Oh what I wouldn’t give to be back a Hogwarts! she thought. I was so happy there, life was so simple. It’s been so long since…

Her thoughts were interrupted with a loud pop. Someone had shown up in her fireplace. “Hermione!” Harry Potter’s head yelled from the fire. “Thank goodness you’re here. If you weren’t here I don’t know where I’d look." He took a deep breath and said, “Hermione, we have a situation.”

“What kind of situation?” Hermione asked curiously.

“Well, Moody thinks someone is after him again,” Harry said, almost amused by the situation.

“Come now, we know there’s no one after him!” Hermione complained.

“I know we know, but we have to answer this called no matter what,” Harry responded in an almost too serious tone.

She sighed. “I suppose you’re right. All right then. Meet me at my house,” Hermione said, as Harry’s head vanished with a loud pop. Within a few seconds, he had appeared with another loud pop right next to Hermione.

“’Ello,” Harry said as he looked around her house. “You’ve done a lot to the place,” he added sarcastically. In truth, Hermione had not done anything to her house since she moved in six years ago. Not a single thing was moved, not a single thing was dirty, either.

“Hello to you too, Harry,” Hermione answered. She couldn’t help but smile. She hadn’t seen Harry in over a year. He had been on assignment looking for old Voldemort supporters in various places around the world. She hugged him tightly.

Harry sighed deeply. “Well, we’d best be off. The quicker we check this out, the quicker we can go home,” Harry voiced, ending the conversation. After that, they both Disapparated--Harry with a loud pop, and Hermione with a small crack.

They appeared at an old rundown mansion, with dead plants and all, the house of Mad-Eye Moody. He had helped them through so many hardships, first with losing Sirius, then with fighting and conquering Voldemort, and finally with the death of Ginny. But with old age, his mind seemed to tell him people were still after him for destroying Voldemort.

“So, shall we go in?” Harry asked cautiously, as though not to upset Hermione.

“Sure, let’s go,” she answered with a sigh.

They entered the house. “Moody?” They called together.

“Moody!” Hermione yelled. “Moody! Are you here?” They decided to light their wands with a whispered Lumos, since it was a bit dark.

They continued calling as they searched the house. They found one door at the end of a long hallway upstairs. The door was hanging half open, with a faint light shining through, lighting a bit of the hallway. They cautiously worked their way down the dark hallway, searching every room. They found most of his old gadgets that the imposter Moody had used in their fourth year and afterward. They could not seem to find him in the other rooms, but they had reached the lit room. Harry and Hermione slowly entered. They were shocked by what they saw.



A/N: Thank you for all of your wonderful reviews. It really makes an author, even an amateur one such as myself, feel proud of her work. Now about the next chapter. I can't reveal too much without giving away things, but I'll try. All I can really say is that the day that all of this is happening on, is deeply relevant to what will happen next. And, since I didn't reveal the date, this clue won't help you very much :)
Surprises by mysteriousnight
Author's Notes:
Chapter Summary: There, at the end of the hallway, was a door, that lay half open, with a dim light shining through. Hermione and Harry inch closer and closer to the door. They enter the room slowly, wands raised. They were shocked by what they saw. So . . . what did they see?


A huge banner across the room spelled, “Happy Birthday Hermione!” Hermione gasped. She herself had not even remembered it was her birthday. But, she thought, they’re right. It is the 19th of September. She couldn’t believe how many people were there. Lots of the members of the Order were there; Moody, Tonks (who today had long curly green hair and a long pointy nose), Lupin, Hagrid, Kingsley Shacklebolt, Mundungus Fletcher, Dumbledore, the Weasleys: Arthur, Molly Weasley, Fred, George, Bill, Charlie, Percy and quickly she noticed another man sitting on a table a little ways away…It was Ron.

“Happy Birthday, Hermione!” Everyone yelled cheerfully. Well, everyone except Ron.

Harry caught Hermione staring at Ron and whispered, “I think his mum made him come, I don’t know whether he would have or not if she hadn’t made him.”

“O-oh, I see, well that’s alright then,” Hermione said sadly. She really wanted to talk to him, at least for a few minutes. But she was soon so crowded by people wishing her a “happy birthday,” she forgot he was there in the corner.

They had a wonderful dinner, pot roast with mashed potatoes, one that Hermione actually ate, instead of staring at it, though she still wasn’t that hungry. Hermione wanted to sneak away, to talk to Ron, but the opportunity hadn’t come up.

After dinner, presents were shoved in Hermione’s face. From Harry, she received a beautiful eagle feather quill complete with Quinilda’s Quill Care Kit. From Fred and George, a wizard camera, but as she found out when she took a picture, it wasn’t a camera, but the latest invention of Weasleys’ Wizarding Wheezes. It shot out ink in every direction instead of smoke when a picture was taken (The group who were in the picture weren’t too pleased with the twins the rest of the night). Mr. and Mrs. Weasley gave Hermione a book entitled, Aurors in Today’s Society. Dumbledore and Moody gave Hermione the most extravagant present of all. They gave her a pocket mirror. It wasn’t just a pocket mirror though. Dumbledore explained that it had the capabilities to contact anyone with a mirror, just by calling a name. Hermione could even contact people with muggle mirrors. The mirror had an ornate wood border made of dark cherry and intricate designs of an otter (the animal her Patronus forms) all around it.

“So Hermione,” Harry said casually as they were cleaning up, “Was I convincing when I told you Moody was having another outburst?”

“Oh yeah,” Hermione agreed, “The only thing that didn’t occur to me, that might have helped me figure this whole thing out, is that today was my birthday.”

Moody added, “And she probably would have figured it out, too!” The whole room laughed at that. Then Kingsley went into talking about his latest adventure. I need some air, she thought. She snuck away from the conversation, and went outside into the night.

As she stepped out, she found Ron sitting on a bench in Moody’s garden of dead plants. She sat next to him. “Hello,” she said trying to sound casual.

“’Ello,” Ron replied not making eye contact.

“It’s been a while hasn’t it? How are you?” Hermione asked, still trying to keep her casualty.

“It has been a while. I’ve been…I’ve been okay I suppose,” Ron answered, while staring at his fingernails. He seemed almost determined not to make eye contact.

“So how’s the store go---”

Ron interrupted, his ears turning red, “Look Hermione, if you think that just because I came to your birthday party we’re going to be buddy-buddy again, you’re wrong. I didn’t want to come. Mum made me.”

Hermione’s eyes filled with tears as she said, “Well, I thank you for sacrificing your time. Obviously you have wasted it. You may leave if you wish. Goodbye Ronald.” She cried as she went into the house and she ran quickly into a bathroom slamming and locking the door behind her.

Ron continued to sit, motionless, staring at the ground. He knew he shouldn’t have said that. He knew she only meant to be nice. But he didn’t have the courage to apologize, especially to Hermione. He always got tongue-tied around her. And he had been avoiding Hermione since right after Ginny’s death, though he loved her very much. Hermione reminded him too much of the positive attitude Ginny had toward everything that was thrown at her. He couldn’t handle having those reminders of Ginny around him.

It had almost been two years since the death of Ginny. He could still remember the exact moment when he received an urgent owl from Dumbledore telling him to report to St. Mungo’s Hospital for Magical Maladies and Injuries immediately. He had done as he was told. Dumbledore, Harry, Hermione, Tonks, Lupin, Hagrid, Kingsley, his father, mother, and all of his brothers were already there. There was a silence about them that frightened Ron.

“What is it?” He had cried into the silence. “Wait a moment, where’s Ginny?” He asked the silenced crowd. Mrs. Weasley started sobbing at this point. Ron’s sister was here, in this place. “What’s wrong with Ginny?” Ron had yelled. He hated being uninformed.

Lupin was the one to answer. “Look, Ron, well, Ginny was attempting to take on a whole pack of angry dark wizards on her own. They were Voldemort supporters," Lupin said (as not one person flinched at the word "Voldemort"). He continued, "She was trying to stop them from starting a riot. They all sent spells at her at the same time. They were very unusual spells, and, the healers, they’re having a hard time treating it. They say she might be untreatable, that she might not make it, that she might…” Lupin let his sentence trail off.

Ron was shocked. He ran to Ginny’s ward. He looked through the window. He saw a limp body in a bed, with forced breathing and heavy eyelids. He cried for hours. Then he went into Ginny’s ward, kissed her on the forehead, and left. He wanted to get away, to make this just go away.

Ginny died a week later peacefully in her sleep. All of the Weasley’s (including Hermione and Harry) were there standing around her until the last moment. Ron had decided he couldn’t handle the stress of being an auror, so he retired. He never spoke to Hermione again, and he spoke rarely to any other members of the Order, even Harry. And so that is how it has been for two long years.

*****


Harry heard the door slam, and excused himself from a conversation he was having with Fred, George and Mundungus. He ran to the bathroom. “Hermione?” He called.

Hermione heard him, but didn’t want to talk.

“Hermione, come on, I know your in there. I’ll unlock this door myself if you don’t do it for me.” His tone was very serious now.

She quickly ran toward the door through a sob she whispered Alohomora and the door opened. Harry looked solemnly at her. “Look, Ron is just…” But Harry didn’t know how to finish the sentence. Hermione helped him with that.

“Ron is just a real jerk?” She yelled hoping Ron would hear her.

Harry sighed. He had nothing to add. Hermione sighed, also. Her birthday was ruined. She made the mistake of talking to the man she loves.

Harry decided to check outside, before he took Hermione outside to calm down. Ron was gone. All that was left was a little package on the doorstep, and attached to it, a note.

Hermione stared at it for a long time, until Harry asked, “So...Are you going to stare at it or open it?”

She gave him a look of disgust, then picked up the package. She walked over to the bench in the dead garden and sat down, ripping off the note in the process. She read the note silently, without a change in expression as she read, then handed the note to Harry. The note was written in a hurried scrawl--Ron’s scrawl:

Dearest Hermione,

I’m deeply ashamed and embarrassed about my actions toward you earlier. I hope that you can accept my apology and this gift. I was planning to give you this in person, but, because of my rude outburst, I thought it would be better just to leave it here for you. My heart goes deeply into this gift, for you. I give my deepest apologies.

Ronald Weasley


Hermione looked at the present in her hand. “Should I open it?” She questioned Harry.

“Sure, I don’t see why not.”

She nodded in agreement and unwrapped the tiny box. What could it be? She thought to herself. She opened the box to find the most marvelous white gold locket, with one jewel encrusted in the front. Then she noticed an engraving on the back of it. It read: With My Love, To My Love. She opened the locket to find a picture of Ron and an old Hogwarts picture of herself and Ron. The pictures waved, and Hermione cried.




A/N: I hope you liked this chapter enough to review (Yes that's a hint for you). Chapter 3 is well underway! I just need to make some adjustments to it to make it fit to your likings. I will try to put it up soon, just keep your pants on (I was kidding just there). The third chapter will reveal Harry and Hermione's relationship (meaning relationship as friends, nothing more), especially after the death of Ginny. Thanks for your reviews and I hope to have the next chapter up soon!!
Aftermath by mysteriousnight
Author's Notes:
Chapter Summary: Hermione has mixed feelings about the previous night. She meets up with Harry, and as they walk through the familiar streets of Hogsmeade, they make an unexpected stop.


Hermione didn’t remember going home last night, but she must have, for she woke up in the comfort of her own bed, in her own house. She remembered almost immediately the events of last night; the party, the conversation with Ron, and lastly, his gift, which lay on her nightstand. She picked it up and admired it for a long time, reading the inscription over and over again. She was deeply in love with a man who was in love with her, but was too hurt to say it.

After she slowly got out of bed, and started to make her breakfast, she kept thinking about the night before. She had mixed emotions. She really loved Ron, and according to the letter, he loved her back. She had always believed everything would end okay with them, but right now, things really weren’t. If there was only a way I could talk to him, to thank him, to let him know how much I really care, she thought, Wait! There is one way. She finished her breakfast quickly and ran to the fireplace.

She cast a handful of floo powder into the fireplace, turning the flames green. She yelled into the tossing flames, “14 Wicker Street, Surrey!”

From inside the fireplace, she could see the living room of Harry’s small flat, with some dusty, antique, mismatched furniture in it. Harry needs a woman’s touch to fix this house up, she thought. Then she thought about how he and Ginny had been in love, and she thought of Harry the night of Ginny’s death. He was deeply hurt. He couldn’t stand to be around anyone, unless he really had to be. He looked as though he had moved on somewhat, but it still seemed as though he, along everyone else, still hadn’t completely forgotten poor Ginny. That moment, in her ward, when she passed on, wasn’t and will never be forgotten.

She called out to Harry. “Harry!” She called, putting those thoughts in the back of her mind, “Harry Potter!”

She composed herself as he came running from a small room on the right. He was still in his pajamas, and he looked as though he had just woken up. “Hermione! What is it? Is everything all right?” He replied looking worried.

She looked at him strangely, then said, “Yes, I-I think so. I need your help with something. Can you meet me in Hogsmeade by, er...” she said the first shop that came to her head, “Zonko’s?”

Harry looked confused then answered, “Sure,” He was about to say, “What for?” but Hermione interrupted and finished the conversation with, “Thanks Harry,” then she disappeared from the fireplace.

As Harry quickly got dressed, he wondered what Hermione was all excited about. Probably another wild idea, He thought, But Hermione hasn’t had one of her “wild ideas” in ages!

*****


Hermione quickly got herself out of the fireplace. She ran to her room and put on some clothes. She twisted her shoulder length bushy brown hair into a knot on the back of her head. She slipped the locket around her neck and admired it in the mirror for a while.

She decided not to Apparate because it was a brilliantly bright day outside. Walking would be much better, she thought. She was walking peacefully along the streets of Hogsmeade, until she got to Zonko’s Joke Shop. Too many memories, she thought. She wished she hadn’t agreed to meet here. But, then again, she said to herself, this whole place was full of memories.

*****


Harry Apparated right in front of Zonko’s Joke Shop to find Hermione pacing back and forth in front of it. “Harry!” She yelled as she was running toward him. She gave him a great big hug.

Harry broke away from the hug and said with a curious tone, “Now what’s this all about Hermione?”

Hermione smiled then voiced, “Well, Harry,” she paused, smiling now at Harry’s curious and confused face, then continued, “I need your advice…”

“You need my advice? I never thought I’d see the day when ‘the smartest witch of her age’ would need advice, and my advice at that. Wow,” Harry said sarcastically.

She punched him hard on the shoulder, then replied, “Harry, when you receive a gift, you thank the person who gave it to you, right?” Harry nodded in agreement. Hermione took a deep breath, and spoke again, “Well, I-I think it’s best if I talk to Ron and maybe thank him for his gift…”

“I don’t think that’s a very good idea,” Harry answered before Hermione could finish.

Hermione looked hurt and asked, “And just why not?”

“Hermione, I know how you two feel about each other, but I just don’t think it’s a good idea. I mean, he gave you that locket last night, and if you were to just walk into his store and talk to him about it, he might get embarrassed and have another outburst at you. I just don’t want that to happen.”

“I-I think he’ll be fine.”

Still apprehensive about the situation, Harry answered, “All right, do whatever pleases you. Now, why did you need me here?”

“Harry, you’re my backup. I-I would never be able to do this on my own.”

Harry sighed deeply, then answered, “All right then. Let’s go, if we’re going to.”

“Thank you, Harry! A millions times, Thank you! You’re the best friend anyone could have!” Hermione yelled happily. Yet inside, she was utterly and completely terrified about what she was about to do.

*****


They made their way slowly down the streets of Hogsmeade. It was a much prettier day than yesterday, the sun had snuck through the clouds, and it was much warmer.

Hermione got to thinking. What if Ron did explode at me again? I don’t think I could take that. It hurt me so much last night. Maybe Harry and I just shouldn’t go to visit him. I don’t think I could talk to him. I mean, I really want to, but I’m too afraid! Maybe I’ll just stall a while.

Hermione told Harry this. “Hey Harry, there’s no hurry to get to Ron’s shop, so, er, why don’t we have a look around. I haven’t taken a really good look around this place in ages.”

After they had gone to just about every shop, and they were walking toward the Shrieking Shack, Harry asked, “So, when are you planning on going to Ron’s shop then?”

“Er, just as soon as we take a nice look at this here Shrieking Sh--”

“Hermione,” Harry interrupted, “Are you stalling by any chance? It sort of seems like you don’t want to go talk to Ron. You aren’t nervous are you?”

“I-I guess I’m just a bit scared,” she said uneasily, “but I really want to talk to him…”

“Scared of Ron?” Harry asked disbelievingly, “Hermione, please, since when have you been scared of Ron?”

“Since you said he might explode at me again. I don’t think I can take him doing that again,” she voiced as tears were welling up in her eyes.

“Hermione, I’ll be with you. It’ll be all right, I promise,” Harry answered reassuringly.

Hermione nodded. “All right then,” she said as she wiped away her tears and raised her head high. “Let’s do it.”

They made their way to Weasley’s Quidditch Supplies, a much faster pace than they had been going earlier. Harry immediately noticed that Hermione had mixed emotions. He could see it in her face. She was determined, yet hesitant, ready, yet unprepared, confident, yet afraid.

They got to the store entrance, and Hermione paused. She took a deep breath, as though she was going under water, and opened the door. She entered slowly, looking around for Ron, but there was no sign of him. She felt tears once again starting to form in her eyes, when Ron had come up from behind the counter holding a glass statuette of the entire Bulgarian quidditch team. Hermione gasped and Ron dropped the statuette.



A/N: So that was Chapter 3. It may not have seemed very interesting to some, but you learn some information in here that I think is important, and it was a fun chapter to write. I mean, this chapter tells about the relationship that Hermione and Harry have now, after Ginny’s death. The next chapter is a bit dramatic, so be prepared. I don't know how well of a job I did with some of the lines, so bare with me. I'm almost done with my final editing of chapter 4, so it should be up soon. I would like to say thank you to all those who reviewed. You guys have no idea what it means to see that people take the time to review. :)
Confrontation by mysteriousnight
Author's Notes:
Chapter Summary: Harry and Hermione finally make it to Ron's shop, and Hermione steps inside. Hermione looks around and doesn't see Ron, and feels like crying. Ron pops up from behind the counter holding a statuette. Hermione gasps and Ron drops the statuette. What happens next for these two?


Hermione went pale with fear and anxiety as Ron’s ears went crimson with embarrassment. After the gasp, silence fell between them. They just stood staring at each other for a long time, not saying a single word. Harry, wondering what was going on, looked back and forth from Hermione to Ron, and back and forth again, with a very confused look.

Finally, Harry broke the silence, trying to sound casual, “Well, hello mate! Er….Fancy seeing you here!” Harry seemed to realize that he had not maintained as much casualty as he had wished. (Actually, he hadn’t maintained any casualty whatsoever.) Ron and Hermione still stared at each other, neither of them looking away.

Ron tore his eyes off of Hermione, pointed his wand at the statuette and watched it repair itself, then replied, “Er…mate, I own this place. I mean, I’ve owned it for about two years now…Is everything alright, Harry? Are you feeling okay?”

“Er…Yeah. I’m just fine, thanks,” Harry voiced nervously. He looked over at Hermione, who stood motionless with her mouth slightly open. “Say something,” Harry mouthed to her. Hermione shook her head, then Harry rolled his eyes.

Hermione thought about the reason she came. You came to see him! So talk to him will you? She said to herself. Hermione nodded then spoke, “Hello Ronald.”

Ron’s ear went a deep shade of red. He cleared his throat loudly and asked, “So, Harry, how are things at the Ministry? I haven’t talked to my father in a while. I’m hoping he’s doing an excellent job?”

Harry answered, “Oh yeah. Your father’s one of the best ministers that the wizarding world has ever…”

Hermione had stopped listening. She was thinking about Ron. Why had he ignored me? I know he heard me. I could tell by the drastic change in the color of his ears. I don’t understand! I’m standing right here, and he doesn’t even acknowledge my presence. Well, besides that stare. Oh my gosh, his eyes were filled with so much pain! Why must he take out his pain and anger with me? I mean, I didn’t kill Ginny! Hermione started to doubt the fact that she wasn’t responsible for Ginny’s death, then tried to remember every detail of the day that Ginny died.

Me and Ginny had been planning on dinner that night. Ginny was meeting someone earlier in the Three Broomsticks. But who? I can’t remember. Whoever it was didn’t show up. She decided send a quick owl to me to telling me she was going to wait a little while for whoever she was waiting for, (because they hadn’t shown up yet), then she would be right over. I waited for so long…I got so worried. I went looking for her. When I found her, she looked horrible. She was lying on the ground, semi-conscious, with cuts and bruises everywhere. I could hear her forced breathing. She couldn’t talk at all, but she was motioning strange signs. I sent out for help to the only people I could trust--- the Order. Lupin, Tonks, and Fred and George were the first ones there. Yeah, that’s right. Even Fred and George were crying. They helped me get her to St. Mungo’s. That’s when Ron arrived, and oh my gosh! He was so hurt! He never spoke to me again! Hermione sighed and tried desperately to hold back her tears. She still couldn’t figure out if Ron blamed her for Ginny’s death. She gave up and decided to listen back into Harry and Ron’s conversation, ready to intervene.

“…Only fifteen games lost! That’s a record for those Chudley Cannons…eh Ron?” Harry questioned. He eyed Hermione curiously, as though trying to read her mind. He gave up after a while, unable to comprehend what was going on in her head, and unable to read what he saw in her eyes. He listened back in to what Ron was saying.

“Yeah…I suppose,” Ron said, as though he were only half listening, also. “I mean, I’m starting to lose interest in Quidditch…because””

Hermione again decided to greet Ron with, “Hello, Ronald.”

“Er…Hermione? What are you---”

“Harry, let me handle this,” Hermione voiced in a tone that told Harry to stay out of this situation.

“Alright…” Harry said sadly. He knew what was coming.

Ron still had not responded to Hermione’s greeting. She repeated, “Hello, Ronald.”

Ron was determinedly looking down, ears steadily turning redder by the second.

“Ronald,” Hermione said, holding back tears of anger and frustration, “I-I wanted to thank you for your gift…”

Ron looked at Harry as though asking him for help, but Harry looked down and became fascinated with his fingernails. He gave up on Harry, and spoke up, stuttering, but his voice becoming steadily stronger, “H-hermione, W-what the b-bloody hell are you doing here?” His tone was sad, hurt, angry, and almost dangerous.

Hermione was speechless. She stood and stared at Ron with her mouth open, shocked, and searched for the right words to describe the hurt he had inflicted upon her. When she had found them, she voiced shakily, “I-I can’t believe you. I was doing a nice gesture, in return for yours. I don’t know what I’ve done that makes you hate me so much. Yet, it seems as though you have no trouble writing meaningless notes and giving meaningless gifts. I mean, I’m guessing they were some sort of joke right?”

Ron wanted to tell her how much he loved her, and that he far from hated her. He wanted to tell her that she was as meaningful to him as life itself. I know I should tell her, but I bloody can’t! I can’t let anything happen to her. It seems as though anyone I am close to can die at any moment, and I couldn’t handle it if it were Hermione’s turn. Ron wanted to keep her away, so they wouldn’t get close, and he wouldn’t be hurt again. He wouldn’t be able to handle another death.

He came back in touch with reality and realized both Harry and Hermione were staring at him, waiting for a reaction. All he could say was, with his voice cracking, “It was Fred and George’s idea.” Ron regretted almost immediately the words that came out of his mouth. That sentence was the biggest pile of codswallop Ron had ever made up.

Hermione stared at him in disgust. She ripped the locket from her neck and tossed it at Ron. “I believe this is yours,” she said in a high-pitched voice. She walked toward the door. She turned and gave Ron a look of sadness and longing, with tears forming in her eyes, before saying, “I wish you could share the same feelings I have for you.” She turned and left the store.

Ron wanted to chase after her, tell her he did share those feelings. But the thought of her dying kept him from doing that. He wished life wasn’t so complicated. He wished life wasn’t so fragile. He wished he had been there the day Ginny was attacked.





A/N: That was chapter four. It was a bit teary, but I had to put it in. Sorry about the long break in between chapters three and four. School was winding down, swimming was starting up. Alright, enough excuses. So, Chapter five will bring you to the Three Broomsticks with old mates Ron and Harry. The story starts to turn for the better, and that's all I'm going to say. One more thing, if you read this, please take a few minutes to review!! It's greatly appreciated!! Thank you to all the consistent reviewers!!
New Direction by mysteriousnight
Author's Notes:
Chapter Summary: The story starts to turn for the better as Ron and Harry brainstorm on possible ways to fix the situation that has come about.


That day, well, the day Ginny was attacked, Ron was supposed to meet her at the Three Broomsticks in the afternoon, but an important auror conference was being held, at which Ron had to be in attendance. He had sent an owl telling Ginny he couldn’t make it, but the owl had gotten lost, and went to the wrong place. Mrs. Weasley had found the owl searching the Burrow for food, just before she found out about Ginny’s attack. (She had thought nothing of it at the time, but afterward, sheunderstood the importance.)

Ron sometimes blames himself for the attack, saying, “If I had only been there…” or “If I hadn’t used that bloody owl…” The Weasleys’ have tried to tell Ron that it wasn’t his fault, but Ron still persists in the accusing of himself.

Ron was once again shaken from his thoughts and brought back to reality by Harry, who was calling his name. “Ron,” He yelled, “RON! What’s the matter with you? ”

“Wha?” Ron asked, sounding like he had just woken up.

“You heard me. What's the matter with you? ‘It was Fred and George’s idea.’ What kind of codswallop is that? Holy hippogriff, Ron! She was only coming back to thank you and you exploded in her face! You two both care so much for each other! Why can’t you just let her into your heart?” Harry screamed.

“I’m afraid,” Ron said in a low voice.

“Afraid of what?” Harry asked demandingly.

“I’m afraid, that if or once I get close to her, she’ll die,” Ron replied, in almost a whisper.

“Ron…”Harry began.

“Harry, no, you don’t understand what it’s like to…”Ron let his sentence trail off. He was about to say, “You don’t know what it's like to lose someone,” but of course Harry does. He lost his parents, Sirius, and Ginny. They had been in love, Ginny and Harry. They were made for each other, but then the attack changed everything.

“Ron, I do understand,” Harry answered, bad memories coming into focus in his head.

“I know, and I’m sorry. My mind is off in different places these days…”

“Ron, it’s ok, I understand. But we’re not here to talk about me,” Harry shoved those memories into the back of his head, and said in a deadly serious tone,“We’re here to talk about you…and Hermione. Now, how are we going to fix this? You’ve got yourself dug pretty deep, mate, and it’s going to be real hard to climb out.”

“I-I don’t know if I can, I don’t know if I can let myself love her. I have a battle going on in my head. ‘Let her into your heart,’ one side says, and the other exclaims, ‘Don’t risk it! She could die tomorrow!’ I don’t know what to do, Harry,” Ron looked as though he were on the verge of tears as he illustrated his hurt. He continued in a low, cracking voice, “Harry, I really need your help.”

“I’m glad you asked, mate. What time is it?” Harry asked curiously, looking around for a clock.

“It’s a quarter to six,” Ron answered automatically, as though he were dealing with a costumer.

“Alright then, I think it’s about time to close up the shop don’t you think, Ron?” Harry asked with a grin on his face.

Ron caught on, well half-way. He knew Harry had a plan, but he didn’t know what. “I do believe so, Harry,” He answered, half-smiling. It was his first smile in weeks, and even though it was only a half-smile, it felt good.

Ron and Harry quickly closed up the shop and decided to go to the Three Broomsticks for a nice Butterbeer, or some of Odgen’s Old Fire Whisky. They entered the warm and cozy tavern, and found a small table near the oversize fireplace.

Harry volunteered to get the drinks. Ron sat there, the table, staring into the fire. He really did love Hermione, but he had no idea how he, even with the help of Harry, was going to be able to get himself out of this mess. Harry returned with the drinks. Ron hadn’t really noticed that Harry had returned until Harry cleared his throat and said clearly, “Cheers.”

Ron looked at him with his mouth hanging open, then said, “And what is it that we’re celebrating exactly?”

“Don’t be stupid, Ron, we’re celebrating because you are finally getting out of the hole you have dug yourself in for two years.”

“I see.”

“Ron, it’s a good thing.”

“I know.”

“You don’t seem like you know.”

“No, I really do know,” Ron stated, then took a rather large gulp of his Fire Whisky.

“Alright. Well, how are we going to start fixing this relationship?” Harry thought outloud while absentmindedly brushing a hand through his hair.

“Harry, I really don’t know if I can do this,” Ron confided suddenly.

“Ron, I know you can. You really love her, and you really want her.”

“I already told you, mate, I have that battle going on in my head. I want her, but I can’t risk it, I want her, but I can’t risk it…”

“Oh please! That’s not an argument! You said the battle inside of your head was one side saying, ‘Let her into your heart’ and the other side saying, ‘Don’t risk it! She might be gone tomorrow!’”

“That’s exactly what I said! And it is a battle!”

“Ron, listen. If she might be gone tomorrow, don’t you want her now, to get all the time you can?”

Ron came to a realization that Harry was right. How could I have been so stupid for so long! He thought. Bloody Hell! What am I waiting for? I need to go talk to her!


“Harry! You’re the best mate I’ve ever had!” He yelled loudly as he gave Harry a huge hug. The inhabitants of the Three Broomsticks were staring at them curiously.

“Erm, Ron, let’s get out of here,” Harry whispered, looking around at all the inquisitive faces.

“Right,” Ron answered, also realizing that people were staring. He added, “Let’s go to my flat.”

As they made their way to Ron’s flat, Harry thought about ways to help Ron. (They had decided to walk rather than Apparate.) Hmmm, he thought, Think, Potter, think! Well, Ron may not want to go up to Hermione and say all the things in his head out of the blue. But what if she came to him? It might be easier to get Hermione to him then him to Hermione. Maybe I can arrange that...No, I doubt that would work out. I'm sure we, or maybe I should say I, will think of something. It was then that Harry realized that he had gotten himself deep in the middle of this situation, and which ever way he went, there was no way out.

“Harry, why are you just standing there?” Ron questioned from in the entry hall of his charming flat.

Harry realized Ron was talking to him. “Oh, sorry, just thinking.” Harry took a moment to appreciate Ron’s flat’s homey appearance. He admired the beautiful copper-colored tiles on the roof, and the wonderful aromas of the wildflowers in the garden. He also admired the color of the paint on the house, a pale green. Then there were two windows; both of them perfect squares. The light of the freshly started fire in the fireplace shone threw the windows, giving them a yellow-orange glow. He stepped inside to find a cozy living room, with two antique squishy chairs, and a large fireplace. He looked around and found Ron in the tiny kitchen.

“What kept you?” asked Ron as he put on a kettle of tea.

“I was just admiring your flat,” Harry answered.

“It’s not much…”

“No, its great,” Harry said before Ron could finish. “Alright, Ron, I’ve got some ideas for you, to help with the whole Hermione situation.”

“Alright, shoot,” he said as he poured the tea into cups.

“Okay, so she won’t talk to you now, right?” Harry asked.


“Right…” Ron said, unsure of what Harry was thinking, and why that question was relevant in his quest to win Hermione’s heart back.

“What if I could get her to come to you. I mean, she wouldn’t know you were going to be there, but you would be there, and then you two could talk,” Harry voiced, wondering if the plan he spoke of would work.

“Er, I don’t know, Harry, I don’t know if it would work,” Ron said, as he walked over to one of the chairs by the fireplace with the cups of tea, and handed Harry one.

Harry drank almost half his tea. “Well, hmm, I do have another idea, but I’m not sure if this one will work, either.”

“What is it?” Ron asked as he did the same.

Harry took a small sip of his tea (as Ron drank the remainder of his). “Sweep her off her feet,” Harry said.

“I don’t know if I can, Harry,” Ron uttered, staring at the dregs at the bottom of his cup.

“I know you can, Ron. I’ll help you.” Harry voiced confidently.

“Alright, I’ll try.”

“Good man. Now listen, Ron, I’ve got to go into work for a few hours,” Harry said wearily.

“This late?” said a concerned Ron.

“Yeah, I have to catch up on all the work that I haven’t done for the last few days,” Harry said, almost regretting the things he’d done in the last couple days.

“Oh, I see. Well, see you later then.”

Harry said, “Goodbye,” and then Disapparated. Ron sat in his chair for what seemed like an hour, just staring at the dregs in his teacup. I wonder what shape these dregs take? I should get out my old Divination book, he thought to himself with a half-smile. He stopped smiling, and thought, Probably trials and suffering…

It was a restless night sleep for Ronald.



A/N: That (obviously) was chapter 5. Chapter 6 is pretty much done. I'm going to submit it very very soon!! It's going back to Hermione, where she talks about her troubles to an good friend. Thanks to all the readers and the consistent reviewers! You guys are great!
Advice by mysteriousnight
Author's Notes:
Chapter Summary: Hermione gets a visit from a good confidant, which leads to a trip back to work, and an unexpected letter from a sender unknown.


Hermione woke up the next morning, the thoughts of the previous day still lingering in her mind. Why does Ron have to be this way? Why can’t life always end happy? She spent several minutes going over all of these questions, and realizing that the answers may not be pleasant ones. I don’t think the pain will ever end, she told herself. She rested her head on her pillow and closed her eyes, deep in thought.

All of a sudden, she heard the click of her front door, footsteps, then a huge crash. Someone, who’s voice sounded very familiar, yelled, “Sorry!” The footsteps moved throughout the house, obviously searching for something or someone. The voice soon yelled who it was looking for, “Hermione? Are you here?” The footsteps came to Hermione’s bedroom and entered. Hermione opened her eyes to see Tonks standing by her bedside table. Today she fashioned short, spiked, blue and pink hair, a button nose, thin eyebrows, and a tiny mouth.

“Hello, Hermione!” Tonks said happily, sitting on the bed next to Hermione. “Why are you still in bed? Is everything okay?”

“Er, well, I’m fine…” Hermione answered. To herself she added, “As fine as I can be…”

“What was that last bit?” questioned Tonks curiously.

“Well, not everything is great right now, Tonks…” Hermione said, not able or wanting to explain why things were this way.

“What’s the matter?”

“Well, it’s just Ron…he’s been a real git lately,” she sighed and walked over to her window. “At my surprise party, he gave me this gorgeous locket, with pictures of us in it, and when I go and show my gratitude, he says it was all a joke…”

“Hermione, I’m sorry,” voiced Tonks sincerely, as she rested her head on the bed’s headboard.

“Yeah, and I really love him, too. I think that’s the thing that makes it ten times worse,” Hermione said, as she watched a bird fly to its nest.

“You should do something Hermione, tell him how you feel,” suggested Tonks.

“That’s what I tried to do…but well, it backfired in my face…”

“Try again,” said a serious Tonks.

“I’m sure he already knows that I love him, he just hates me,” muttered Hermione, familiar tears beckoning to come out.

“Ron does not hate you.”

“And how would you know that?”

“I heard Ron talking about you one day. He didn’t think I heard him, but I did. I was at his shop one day, looking for a new broomstick, because I just got a raise at the Ministry, and my broom was ancient, and I heard him talking to Harry about the locket, and how much it meant to him.”

Hermione was shocked. She was lost. She was confused. She had no idea where to go or what to do. She needed help. Tonks was the only one she could really trust with the information, so Hermione decided to ask her for help.

“Tonks, what should I do? I’m so confused, so lost, so shocked, yet happy, and relieved, and impatient…” She took a deep breath and finished her sentence with, “I need help,” before a huge sigh.

“Personally, if you want to know my opinion…” Tonks began, as they both made their way to the kitchen.

“Yeah I really think I do…”

“I think you should just wait it out,” finished Tonks, as Hermione started the fireplace with a careless flick of her wand, and then started making tea.

“Wait it out?” Hermione asked concerned.

“Yeah…Just let Ron come to you.”
<
“I’ll go wonkers if I have to wait for him though,” Hermione thought out loud, as she almost spilled the entire kettle of tea.

“Just keep yourself busy, and you’ll be alright,” answered Tonks calmly. As Hermione passed her a cup of tea, she voiced, “Thanks.”

Hermione drank some of her tea, which calmed her down, and she said, “Alright, I suppose I can do that.”

“Good, good. Do you want to go into work with me?” Tonks asked. “I need to do a few things and I could use your help.”

“Sure,” Hermione said, “It’ll keep me busy.”

“I mean, I know you had a nice long weekend off from work, but I think it’s time to go back to work.”

“I know, your right.”

They washed the teacups and put them away. They decided to Apparate to the Ministry today, so with a small crack from Hermione and a small pop from Tonks, they were gone.

They appeared at the Ministry’s Apparition Point, and went to the Auror headquarters on Level Two, using the lift.

“There are some things I need to discuss with you, but I can’t do it here. We don’t want uninvited listeners,” Tonks whispered as two tall strange-looking men stepped onto the lift carrying a large box that rattled.

After what seemed like a terribly long walk, they had made it to the Auror Headquarters. Hermione looked at the place that seemed more of a home then her own house, and smiled. Papers were all over the ground and flying in the air. Someone had a radio that was on the Wizarding Wireless Network (and at the moment it was playing a new song from the Weird Sisters). Huge stacks of papers lined every desk that Tonks and Hermione passed by, until they got to their own desks, where there was only one small stack of papers on each desk. Hermione pulled her chair up to Tonks’ desk.

“Alright, now, what I was going to say, was, that…” She stopped, and then said, “Hello, Harry. Yes, you can listen in, too.”

Harry grinned, said, “It looked as though you two were talking about something important, so I thought I’d try and find out what it was.”

Tonks and Hermione smiled. Tonks continued, “So anyways, my cousin Celeste, who works for Ron, said that The Weasleys’ are organizing a memorial service for Ginny on Saturday.”

Hermione heard Ron’s name and she all of a sudden had tears in her eyes and a throbbing, consistent pain in her heart.

“I already knew about that!” Harry exclaimed. “Why couldn’t you two have been talking about something I wouldn’t have known about!”

All three of them laughed. Hermione’s sadness went away. Tonks added, “There’s one more thing.”

“Yeah?” Harry said.

“What is it?” Hermione asked.

“Well, I heard that it was Ron’s idea,” Tonks said quietly, staring at her fingernails, “and that he is organizing most of it.”

“He never told me anything about that part,” Harry admitted, “But he doesn’t seem to tell me all that much…”

Hermione mumbled something about Harry knowing about the locket, but was silenced when Tonks gave her a don’t-talk-about-that look.

There was another silence. Hermione was again thinking about Ron. Harry knew this, too. He knew she missed him, and soon, she wouldn’t have to.

“I think I want to go,” Hermione suddenly spoke, breaking the silence.

“I think I want to go, too,” Harry answered, and Tonks nodded in agreement.

Harry decided to go get a cup of coffee and some bread and marmalade. He was just about to take a sip when an owl came swooping in and knocked the mug out of Harry’s hand and all over his shirt and the floor.

Hermione ignored the distraction of the owl. I never get letters at work, she thought. The owl had found who it was looking for, and it landed on Hermione’s desk with a crash. The owl stood up, and held out its foot to reveal a letter. Hermione took it from the owl, broke off a piece of the bread that Harry was eating (which got her a murderous look from Harry), fed it to the owl, and watched it fly away.

She unfolded the letter frantically and read:

My Dearest Hermione Granger,

I have admired you from not so afar,

To me you’re as phenomenal as the stars.

To the depths of my soul I truly love you,

And I hope you feel the same way that I do.

Yours Truly,

A Loving Friend


Hermione stared at the letter in disbelief and shock. Who the bloody hell sent this? she thought, I bet it was a joke…On the other hand, it was pretty thoughtful and it seemed sincere. Hermione get a hold of yourself, it was just some random person saying, “I love you.” Don’t over exaggerate, you might get your hopes up.

Hermione could not help but read the letter over and over, to try and figure out who it was, even though she knew her chances of finding out were futile. She sighed and returned to the work that she was supposed to be doing.

Harry had noticed her looking at the letter often throughout the rest of the day. He knew exactly who it came from, but the time to reveal the secret admirer was not just then.


A/N: Hope everyone enjoyed this chapter! Chapter Seven is going to take a little while longer...I need to fix it to my liking. I have it written, I just don't think it's quite good enough. Alright, enough rambling. Chapter Seven will have what happens right after Hermione's and Harry's days at work. Ron is involved as well. Thanks to all my reviewers!! Especially my consistent ones!!!
Cause by mysteriousnight
Author's Notes:
Chapter Summary: It's two days before Ginny's memorial service, and the first letter has been sent. Harry visits Hermione (after visiting Ron) and almost lets slip who the real admirer is.


After work, Harry immediately stepped outside the Ministry into the brisk October night and Apparated straight into Ron’s flat. “Ron!” He yelled, “Ron! You’re a bloody genius!”

Ron had appeared from his room, looking rather confused. “What?”

“You are bloody brilliant! The letter, the poem! Truly genius, mate!”

“Oh yeah, that…”

“What d’you mean ‘oh yeah, that’?” Harry asked rather rashly.

“Well, I don’t know if it was such a good idea…”

“Oh course it was! Why wouldn’t it be?” Harry inquired.
>
“Well, I don't know, because I’m sort of not telling her who I am. Don’t you think when she finds out it’s me she’ll be a bit, er, mad, or er, disappointed, or er, sad?” Ron rambled.

“No way. If you continue giving subtle hints like that, you’ll do just fine. She’ll probably figure out its you at some point, considering she is a genius,” Harry commented.

“Yeah, I guess you’re right. Thanks, mate.”

“Welcome, Ron. Anytime.”

Harry looked around Ron’s house for the first time that night, and noticed it was almost in shambles. With books, clothes and coffee mugs laying everywhere, the place looked like a pigsty. Ron noticed Harry looking around and said, “I’ve been really busy lately. I’ve had absolutely no time to clean this place.”

“Oh, I see. And what have you been so busy with?” Harry asked, knowing exactly what Ron had been up to.

“Oh…well, you see, Saturday is the anniversary of Ginny’s death…” Ron and Harry both gulped loudly, in attempt to hold back tears, “And I thought it would be nice to have a memorial service for Ginny.”

“Yeah, that would be really nice.”

“Yeah. So I decided I would organize it, and it’s turning out to be rather challenging, especially with work,” Ron explained.

“Do you need help? Because you know, I’ll take off work if you nee” ”

“No I’m fine doing it by myself,” Ron interrupted savagely, and then added in a slightly more mannerly way, “And besides, it’s already Thursday, so there’s not much more planning to do.”

“Right,” Harry said flatly.

There was a silence for a while. Harry was still looking around the flat, viewing the mess. Ron was eyeing his flat self-consciously. Harry finally said, “So, what have you got planned for your next letter?”

“Well,” answered Ron almost hesitantly, “Let me show you. Wait here.” He walked back into his room and was rummaging around for something for a while, then the sounds of the rummaging stopped and he returned with a small piece of paper. Ron handed it to Harry and he read the letter, smiling by the end of it.

“It’s wonderful,” Harry said finally, after reading it at least four times, “The hint is perfect! Truly ingenious work, mate.”

“I’m glad you caught my hint. I just hope Hermione does…sooner or later,” Ron said sadly.

“When are you going to send it?”

“I was thinking tomorrow night…to her house.”

“That would be good,” Harry said. “Alright then, mate, I must be on my way.”

“Alright, See you later,” Ron responded.

“’Bye.”

Harry Apparated right out of Ron’s house and to Hermione’s window. He peeked inside to see what she was doing, and just as he had guessed, she was rereading the letter again. Harry knocked on the door and watched as Hermione jumped with fright and fell off her chair, then scrambled to the door and opened it.

“Er, Hello, Harry,” she said as she opened the door and let him in.

“’Ello Hermione! Just stopped by to say ‘Hello!’” said Harry cheerfully, stepping into the house and sitting on a squishy chair by the fire. “So, I heard a thump after I knocked on the door…Is everything alright?”

“Er, yeah, everything is fine, I was just, er, reading when you knocked on the door. It frightened me a little,” she said as she reddened in the cheeks.

“What were you reading that was so captivating that it made you jump at a simple knock?”

“Er…” Hermione’s face was getting redder by the second.

Harry looked at her expectantly. “Hmmm?”

“Oh alright! I was reading the ruddy letter again okay? Lord! I can’t have any privacy can I?”

“Sure you can, just when I’m not around,” Harry said as he smiled sheepishly.

Hermione smiled, too. It was good to have friends. I should ask him what I should do about the letter,she thought. She sat in the squishy chair next to Harry and asked, “So, what do you think I should do about my er, ‘Loving Friend’ chap?”

“I think you should wait and see if he reveals himself,” Harry answered confidently, and a little too quickly.

A little too confident, eh Potter? Now, why would you have an answer like that ready? Hermione thought to herself.

Harry noticed that she was looking puzzled and wondered why. I was a bit too confident and ready with my answer…I hope she doesn’t suspect me of knowing something… Harry was worried now.

Hermione finally said with a sly, I-want-to-know-what-you-know look, “I think you’re right, Harry.”

Harry looked down at his watch. “ Oh Lord! Look at the time! It’s getting really late! I’ve got to go!”

He Apparated quickly and made it to the comfort of his own home. He went to bed right away, but could not sleep. Harry had now caught himself on the hook of Hermione and Ron’s relationship reel. He lay on his bed staring at the ceiling for hours, not even the slightest bit drowsy. He thought about Hermione and Ron, and how happy they would be soon. He wished he could find someone like that. How he missed Ginny! There was not a day when something didn’t remind him of Ginny. There was not a day when he didn’t think about all of the wonderful times they shared. Harry was still truly heartbroken. He needed someone. He didn’t need just anyone, though, he needed Ginny. Harry dozed off a little after thinking about this for a long time.

Meanwhile, Hermione stayed up a while longer thinking about the letter. She realized Harry and Tonks were right, that she should just wait it out and see what happens and who this ‘Loving Friend’ character was. She climbed into bed and fell asleep. She dreamt of a man, reaching out to her, telling her in a nameless voice that it was he who sent the letters. It was he who truly loved her. And when she asked him, “Who are you?” He answered with a simple, “You should know, and if you don’t, you will find out soon enough.”

*****


Ron had been able to fall asleep that night, despite the fact that tomorrow would be another difficult day, what with work, and the second letter and such. He was nervous, he didn’t know if the letter would work. And if when Hermione found out it was me who sent the letters, what would she say? Would she be happy? Would she be sad? Would she be disappointed? Would she be mad? These thoughts swam through his mind before he fell asleep, but when he went to sleep, they disappeared.


A/N: I hope you enjoyed this chapter!! It was really hard to get it right. Chapter Eight, thankfully, was a lot easier. I'd say it was my favorite chapter. Thanks again to all my reviewers!! And an extra one to all reviewers who review for every chapter!! Chapter Eight will be submitted soon!! Thanks for reading and reviewing everyone!!
Effect by mysteriousnight
Author's Notes:
Chapter Summary: Hermione has a hard day at work, with all of the things shes going through still on her mind. Tonks, Harry, and Remus join her for dinner, and a letter arrives. After dinner, Tonks, Harry, and Remus meet and discuss the identity of the secret admirer.
Hermione woke up the next morning very tired. She had woken up many times in a cold sweat, breathing hard after dreams of men in long robes with no faces and people she knew and didn’t know laughing and crying hysterically.

She got out of bed slowly, took a shower, ate a breakfast of toast and coffee, and Apparated to work. When she arrived, Harry, Tonks, and some other workers greeted her politely. She sat down at her desk and sighed.

“Not having a very good day, Hermione?” came Tonks’ voice from Hermione’s left.

“No, not really, I had a rough night.”

Harry was walking by as he heard this, and he quickly stopped and turned around to join the conversation.

“Why, what happened?” Harry asked with a very curious tone.

“I just had really weird dreams. I mean, I guess you’d call them nightmares, seeing as the way I woke up was in a cold sweat and breathing hard.”

“Yeah, I’d call that a nightmare,” Harry said sincerely, thoughts of previous occasions of nightmares swimming in his mind.

“You shouldnt’ve come to work today, Hermione,” Tonks voiced with concern.

“No, I figure work will take my mind off of my nightmares, and well, Ron.”

“Maybe it will…” Harry said in a distant voice.

The day went by very slowly. Hermione’s pile of work was reaching incredible heights, whereas Tonks’ still remained miniscule. Hermione couldn’t concentrate at all, and took many coffee breaks to try and pull herself together and get some work done. Harry noticed her on several occasions looking at something crinkled and handwritten on her desk. The letter, he thought, Wait until she gets today’s He smiled at the thought. Tonks had noticed her reading the letter as well, but after reading it, she would looking through the windows, and the magical weather outside, which was rather stormy and gray.

Finally, the day was over and Hermione cleaned up her desk and stared at her pile of work, disappointed. “I don’t know what’s gotten into me,” she said to Tonks.

“I do,” Tonks replied, “You’re not well. Otherwise, you’d be able to do that work in about forty-five minutes.”

“Yeah, I guess you’re right.” Hermione sighed.

“Hey, maybe I should come over and cook you dinner. That way, you can just relax,” Tonks suggested.

“Yeah, that’d be great,” Hermione said grateful of some company, “You should bring Remus, also.”

Tonks nodded smiling widely. She decided to talk to him through Hermione’s fireplace once they got there.

“Can I come, too?” Harry asked politely.

“Listening in to our conversation again, eh, Harry?” Tonks said with a grin.

“Yeah, sorry. I can’t help it.”

“Yes, Harry, you can come,” Hermione added smiling. “Let’s get out of here, though.”

“Right,” said Tonks and Harry in unison.

All three Apprated to Hermione’s living room, right by the fireplace. Hermione appeared with a small crack, Tonks with a small pop, and Harry with a large pop.

Hermione made toward the kitchen, but Tonks said, “Nope, we’re making dinner,” and she sat Hermione in a chair.

Tonks came up to the fireplace and started it with a careless flick of her wand. She reached into a pouch on the mantle, and pulled out a small handful of floo powder. She tossed it in the fire, and waited for the flames to turn an emerald color. When they did, she put her head in the fire, and yelled “ Number Twelve Grimmauld Place, London!”

She was now looking at the Noble and Most Ancient House of Black, now owned by Remus Lupin. Tonks was now calling out his name, “Remus!” she yelled, “Remus, where are you?!”

Remus answered back quickly, as if he thought something was wrong, “What is it Nymphadora? Is everything alright?”

“Yes, yes, everything is fine,” voiced Tonks, “Hermione just wanted to know if you wanted to join us for dinner. Harry and I are cooking.”

He seemed hesitant toward eating Tonks’ and Harry’s cooking, but he agreed, and with a faint crack, he appeared in Hermione’s house.

“Hello, everyone,” he said cheerfully. Hermione turned from her chair and saw Remus as he greeted Tonks with a polite kiss, and Harry with a tight hug. He looked older and shabbier than usual, but he looked happy. Tonks and Remus had been together for about seven years now. They always look extremely happy when they are together. I wish I could have someone like that…Hermione thought sadly. She sighed. Maybe this “Loving Friend” chap is like that…

She listened back in to what Harry, Tonks, and Remus were talking about.

“So Harry! It’s been a while since we’ve really got together and had a nice chat! How have you been?” Remus asked.

“I’ve been okay,” Harry answered, though it was not completely the truth. He had been extremely lonely lately. One of the reasons being that the anniversary of Ginny’s death was coming up. The other one, however, was harder to explain. He wanted someone to be with, and when he knew that now, since he very strongly believed everything was going to end up okay in the end for Hermione and Ron, he wanted something like that. He was jealous, and very alone.

“Just okay?” Remus replied, and Harry knew by the look in his eye, that somehow Remus read his mind.

“Yeah. Work has been stressful lately.”

“Uh-huh,” Remus said, not buying anything Harry had said.

“Alright, you two, enough chit-chat, it’s time for Harry and I to make dinner,” Tonks announced.

Remus decided to take the chair right next to Hermione and asked, “So, how are you, Hermione?”

“I’ve been…” Hermione tried to think of the word that described how she had been, but she couldn’t find it. She was glad that an owl had come as she started answering Remus.

Harry had caught the owl, got the letter off of its foot, and he said loudly, “It’s for you, Hermione.” He broke off a piece of bread that was on the counter, and he gave it to the owl. It flew away.

Hermione got up and Harry handed her the letter. There was no return address, only Hermione’s. She opened it to find another poem:

Dearest Hermione Granger,

It is I who sent you the letter previous
Expressing my true feelings for you…
You had known it before,
But you must have forgot,
And you must not forget anymore,
How I did love you,
And how I still do,
And how I will always, forevermore.

Yours Truly,

A Loving Friend


Hermione got tears in her eyes as she read it, but she still didn’t know who it was that sent it. She handed the letter over to Harry, who read it, and acted as though he were surprised, even though he had seen the letter the previous night.

Tonks looked at Harry as he read it, and realized his surprised face was an act. She took the letter out of his hands, and read it. She had a doubtful idea of who it was, but she knew that Harry knew. She passed the letter over to Remus, who had been watching Harry’s act as well, and thinking the same thing as Tonks, Harry knows.

Tonks and Harry immediately got back to work after a long silence that followed reading the letter. Remus guided Hermione to a chair, and sat in the adjacent one.

Remus asked, “Do you have any idea who is sending you these?”

Hermione was silent for a moment. She knew who she wanted to be sending these, but she didn’t think he could write such beautiful writing. “No, not at all,” she finally uttered.

Tonks and Harry were soon done with dinner, and they all sat at Hermione’s small dining table and ate in mostly silence. Tonks and Remus were completely confused. They silently agreed to talk to Harry once they were out of Hermione’s house.

“Great dinner,” said Hermione, trying to break the awkward silence.

“Yeah,” Tonks, Harry and Remus agreed in unison.

After the table was cleared (with a flick of Harry’s wand), Tonks made some tea and they all sat by the fireplace in silence. Hermione was trying to think of who the “Loving Friend” chap could possibly be, while Tonks and Remus were sitting in silence, staring at Harry, with thoughts of who the admirer was sitting unexplained in their minds.

Finally, when Hermione’s ancient grandfather clock announced, “Eleven O’clock!” in a loud and screeching voice, Remus said something, “Well I think it’s about time to leave, and let Hermione get some rest.”

“I agree,” Tonks responded.

“Me too,” Harry said.

Hermione was still staring at the fire, and Remus mouthed, “Number Twelve Grimmauld Place” to Tonks and Harry. They completely understood what he wanted.

“Good-bye, Hermione,” said Harry, and Hermione stopped staring at the fire.

“’Bye, Hermione!” Tonks said cheerfully.

“Have a good night, Hermione,” Remus chimed in.

“Oh, Good-bye,” she answered automatically. Hermione gave everyone a hug, and they all Disapparated.

*****


Tonks, Harry, and Remus all appeared in Number Twelve Grimmauld Place. Harry was glad that Remus lived here, but this place was full of too many sad memories.

Tonks lit the fireplace and sat down while Remus made some tea. Harry was very uncomfortable as he sat down. He knew what they wanted to discuss, and he didn’t want to discuss it. And as soon as they were all seated, and the tea had been poured, Remus said firmly, “You know.”

“Know about what exactly?” Harry asked, playing dumb.

“You know exactly what we’re talking about!” Tonks yelled.

“Why has she been getting those letters?” Remus inquired.

“Er, because someone has been sending them,” Harry said in a low voice.

Obviously, but who?” Tonks asked.

“Er…” Harry reddened in his cheeks a little.

“It’s not you, is it?” Remus asked quickly, with an almost disgusted look on his face. Harry turned to Tonks, who had the same look on her face.

“No way!” Harry shouted, “You two would have to be…”

Harry couldn’t think of a word, but Tonks found it for him and spoke in a soft voice, “Delusional?”

“Yeah. You two would have to be delusional to think of that. Hermione and Me? No way!”

Remus and Tonks looked relieved. He decided to tell them who it really was. “Alright,” Harry announced, “I do know who it is. I won’t tell you unless you promise not to tell a single soul, especially Hermione.”

“We promise,” Remus and Tonks said in unison.

“Alright, well, it’s Ron.”

Remus and Tonks sat staring at Harry for a long time, with shocked looks plastered on their faces.

Remembrance by mysteriousnight
Author's Notes:
Chapter Summary: Harry figures out what he must do to help Hermione and Ron come together again. The next morning, at the memorial, Harry re-aquaints with someone he hasn’t seen in a really long time and prepares himself to tell Hermione the truth about the letters.

“Ron sent those letters? Are you joking?” Tonks asked with an incredulous tone.



Harry had never been more serious in his life when he answered, “No.”



“But…” Remus struggled to articulate, “But…Why?”



“You must know,” Harry stated matter-of-factly, “I mean, you don’t really think Ron hates Hermione and wants to have nothing to do with her?”



“Er…” Tonks started.



“Well,” said Remus, “ We did sort of think so.”



Harry paused for a moment to absorb all of this new information. So, they actually thought that Ron hated Hermione! That’s really depressing! I mean, Ron could never truly hate anyone! Well, except for maybe Malfoy…



“When did Ron decide to start writing Hermione love letters?” Tonks said, after deciding to break the silence.



“Well, a couple days ago…” Harry began.



“A couple of days ago? He discovered he still loved her a couple of days ago?” Remus asked skeptically.



“Well”” Harry started.



“How does he know he truly loves her if he only discovered it the other day?” Tonks inquired.



“Because” ”



“Yeah, I mean you can’t discover your love for someone in a few days,” Remus agreed.



Harry had grown impatient with all of their interruptions and decided to yell to get their attention, “He has loved her all along! Don’t you understand that? Even the day that Ron stopped talking to Hermione, he still loved her from the whole of his heart! He has loved her everyday that he’s known her! He’s just finally realized how stupid he’s been to avoid her all this time! I think it’s a pretty damn good idea that he’s finally expressing his feelings! It’s a way for him to prove his love once again to her!” Harry, breathing heavily, stared hard at Remus and Tonks.



They looked at each other, and then Harry. They had never seen Harry express something so strongly. Silence filled the room for a very long time. Finally Remus said, “Harry, I know how much you want your two friends to be happy, but that doesn’t mean””



Tonks interrupted him, “Remus, Harry is right.”



Harry smiled at Tonks. Finally, someone agrees. “Thanks Tonks,” he muttered.



“Nymphadora, I know you want them to be happy as well, but that doesn’t mean that it can happen in the span of a week.”



Harry and Tonks nodded in agreement.



“But they’ve been in love before. At Hogwarts, and even after. It was the day that Ginny….” Harry let his sentence trail off as he fought back tears.



Remus sighed heavily and replied in a quiet voice, “I remember.”



Tonks looked as though she was using all her strength to keep the tears from streaming down her cheeks.



“But don’t you think Hermione would want to know that its Ron sending the letters?” Remus asked patiently.



“Yes, but” ” Harry started.



“And you don’t think she’ll be in shock when she finds out?”



“Maybe, but””



“Shocked enough to do something she knows she’ll regret?”



Harry was silenced at this comment. He hadn’t thought it that far. What if Hermione was so shocked that she turned away from Ron and never looked back? Ron would be heartbroken. It would almost be like the whole situation went full cycle. Harry definitely didn’t want that to happen.



Harry tossed and turned in his bed the entire night. His dreams were that of Hermione and Ron; one moment they were happy, and the next, they were each in their own rooms crying silently. He decided that he needed to tell Hermione, and that was that.



*****




Hermione rose from a deep sleep the next morning feeling a lot better than the previous day. She realized that it was Saturday, and that she would have to get out of bed soon and get ready for Ginny’s memorial service.



She took a shower and put on a very long and silky black dress. She smoothed out her hair using her wand and twisted it into a high and graceful bun. She put on a little makeup, just to bring out her beauty a bit. The memorial service was being held at twelve o’clock. At eleven o’clock she was finished, so she sat on one of her chairs restlessly. She got up and sat down frequently, not sure of what to do with her time. She decided to clean her house, which had been getting on the dirtier side the last few days. She had been a bit preoccupied, so she hadn’t bothered to clean it.



She was finished fairly quickly, and noticed that it was ten minutes to twelve. She decided she had better get going, and with a small crack, she Disapparated.



*****




Ron had woken up early to get ready for the memorial, since he had to get there early for all of the preparations. His parents were already setting up when he finally arrived.



“Good morning, Ron,” Mr. Weasley said as he hugged his son tightly. He looked as though she hadn’t sleep all night.



“Good morning, Dad,” Ron replied.



He looked over at his mother, who looked disheveled with her black robes and her haired let down. She looked as though she had been crying for hours, with her red eyes and nose. She didn’t speak, but only came over and hugged Ron for a long time.



They continued with their preparations invariably. About one hundred tables occupied the room. A stage was set up on one side of the tables, on which there was a huge picture of Ginny waving to the camera on her broom. Flowers were arranged on the tables and on the ceiling. Food was set out on tables in huge trays on the side of the tables opposite the stage. And right next to that was the refreshment table, with every drink imaginable in it. By the time all of this was done, people started to arrive.



Ron and Mr. Weasley greeted them at the door, while Mrs. Weasley showed them to a vacant table, silently.



Hermione arrived among the first of the attendees. Mr. Weasley greeted her with a “Hello” and a polite smile, while Ron didn’t say a word. He really wanted to say more that a word, but now was not the time.



Guests flowed in until about two minutes before the memorial started, and Ron was about to begin when he realized, Bloody Hell! Where’s Harry?



Harry screeched to a halt at the door after sprinting from the Apparation point and walked in to the building like a gentleman. He looked around for Ron, who was on the stage staring at him with a look of relief. Harry sat down at the first vacant seat he saw.



Ron cleared his throat, then pointed to it with his wand. He whispered, Sonorus, and said to the people gathered in the room, “Hello, everyone.”



There was a general mutter from the crowd of, “Hello.”



“Er,” Ron started nervously, “We’re all here today to celebrate the life of Ginevra Molly Weasley.” He gulped, and continued, “She was a great daughter,” He smiled at his parents, “sister,” he looked at his siblings, “girlfriend,” he found Harry and stared, “student,” he found all of the Hogwarts teachers and looked at them, “and friend,” He looked at everyone. “She looked at everything in a positive light, and when anything disappointed her, she’d always say, ‘It could be much worse.’ She was an excellent student at Hogwarts, being a Prefect for her sixth year and Head Girl her seventh. She was on her way to doing great things in her life. She really wanted to be an auror and she was already on her second year of training. I just…” He paused for a moment, trying to keep himself together and not cry, and continued, “I just wish this didn’t happen to her.” He couldn’t hold back his tears anymore and they streaming freely down his cheeks. He raised his hand to his lips and kissed it, then placed his hand on Ginny’s picture near her cheek.



Mr. and Mrs. Weasley decided to say a few words, since Ron could no longer speak. Mr. Weasley spoke quietly, “I just wanted to say that Ginny was the greatest daughter anyone could have had and I hope wherever she is that she sees us and knows that we still love and miss her.” He was crying as he spoke.



Mrs. Weasley was sobbing heavily but managed to get out, “W-welubuG-ginny,” before blubbering even harder. They kissed Ginny’s picture, also, which had now changed from Ginny on a broom to Ginny on her last day of Hogwarts, looking overjoyed.



Now, the remainder of the Weasleys’ walked on stage. Fred, George, Bill, Charlie, and to everyone’s surprise, Percy, were all standing still for a moment on the stage. They decided to recite a poem that each of them contributed to writing. It went:



“Ginny, our sister, how we miss you so.

We wish we had not lost you those two years ago.

If we could take it back, we certainly would,

For you Ginny, our sister, who was always so good.

When you left Ginny, our souls did not but ache,

We wish in that bed, Ginny, you would have come awake.

Oh Ginny, we think of you everyday,

How we wish you could have done nothing but stay.”




They added, “We love you, Ginny” to the end of the poem and walked off stage, the saddest of looks on their faces.



Ron had contained himself somewhat to say, “You’re free to talk amongst yourselves. Enjoy yourself because Ginny would want us to celebrate her life, not cry over it. There is lots of food so eat up,” he said smiling happily, though his eyes were filled with sorrow.



Harry stood up, looking for Hermione. He started to walk, and wasn’t paying attention to where he was walking and he accidentally bumped into someone, her drink spilling all over him.



“Sorry, Harry!” She exclaimed rather loudly, “I didn’t mean to get in your way!”



“It’s alright,” he replied. There was something about her voice that was familiar. There was a certain mysterious tone to it. Harry knew he had heard it before. A light bulb lit up in Harry’s head. “Luna Lovegood? Is that you? How have you been?” Harry gave her a hug.



After the embrace, Luna replied, “Yes, it’s me. I’ve been good I suppose. I took over my father’s job recently, so now I’m Luna Lovegood, Editor of the Quibbler…”



Harry finished for her, “‘The most popular wizard periodical in the world.’ Congratulations, Luna, that’s fantastic.”



“Yeah, I suppose. It’s a lot of hard work, though. But enough about me, how are you?”



“I don’t how to put it into words without making it an hour long soliloquy.”



“Maybe another time, then,” Luna suggested.



“Yeah, that’d be nice. What about tomorrow at my house around noon?” Harry asked.



“Alright, see you then. I have to excuse myself, though. See you later,” Luna replied. She walked to the refreshment table.



“Making dates at your girlfriend’s memorial, eh, Potter?” The voice of Malfoy said, from behind Harry.



Harry turned around, looking disgusted. “Malfoy, what the hell are you doing here?”



Malfoy sneered maliciously at Harry’s angered face. “Potter, I thought you were better than that!” People started to turn and stare at Malfoy and Harry.



Harry distinctly heard Fred say, “Was he even invited?” and George reply, “No, of course not…I say we kick his arse.”



“Malfoy, I swear if you don’t leave, I’ll rip you apart with my bare hands…” Harry said through gritted teeth.



“Oho, Potter, are you threatening me now?” Malfoy raised an eyebrow and sneered his terrible sneer.



“Why, yes, Malfoy, I do think I am,” Harry replied sarcastically.



“I don’t think you should take that tone with me, Potter.”



“And what, may I ask, are you going to do about it?” Harry asked in the same tone.



Malfoy made a quick move to punch Harry but was held back by George. Fred took this opportunity to swing a punch at Malfoy before Ron, who had been watching, said, “Fred, George, take that poor example of a wizard outside, please.”



Malfoy sneered one last time, and stated rather loudly, "I'll get you at some point, Potter. Mark my words. And I won't need a wand to get the job done, either."



A few moments later, Fred and George came in beaming. When Harry inquired about them being so ecstatic, George told Harry, “We found a ditch on the way here…and we stuffed Malfoy in it. Hopefully it took him to some place like China.”



Harry raised his eyebrows.



“Don’t worry, though, because he was already unconscious,” Fred added.



Harry smiled as he looked around the room, and finally found Hermione, talking to Tonks. He made his way over and said, “Afternoon, Hermione.”



“Hello, Harry,” she replied, giving him a hug.



“Are you feeling better than yesterday?”



“Oh yes, a lot better.” She smiled politely.



Harry eyed Tonks, who was trying to motion to Harry to tell Hermione about Ron’s letters. Harry understood, and voiced nervously, “Hermione,” there’s something I need to tell you.” Harry took a deep breath, he hoped he could do this.



A/N: Chapter Nine people!! Hope you liked it!! I apologize for the small break between Chapter Eight and Chapter Nine. Chapter Nine was rather difficult for me to write for some reason. I was (and still am) swamped with school, because Junior Year is the worst!! Thanks for all the reviews and reads!! They are greatly appreciated!!
Divulgence by mysteriousnight
Author's Notes:
Chapter Summary: Harry is about to tell Hermione about her secret admirer. They make their way to Harry's flat, and Hermione readies herself for the revealing of her secret admirer.

Harry hesitated. He was sweating rather profusely and was fanning himself nervously.



Hermione decided to ask politely, “What is it, Harry?” because her curiosity had gotten the best of her.



“Well,” Harry muttered finally, “I, well, I sort of…er know who that ‘Loving Friend’ chap is…”



“W-What?” Hermione stuttered, “Are you sure, Harry? Because if you have any doubts as to who it is, well, I don’t want to confront them about it and be wrong and….”



“Hermione,” Harry interrupted, “Don’t you even want to know who it is?”



Hermione ran this sentence through her mind several times. Do I want to know who it is? It will mess up the whole “secret admirer” thing. Am I ready?



YES she told herself.



Hermione answered with a simple, “Yes.”



“Alright, well, I can’t really tell you here, not with all these people and your secret admirer here”” Harry began.



“My secret admirer, here? But that would mean it would have to be someone”” She didn’t bother finishing her sentence but immediately went into deep thought. She thought about who was here and denied that it was who she thought it had to be. No, I refuse to believe it’s Ron she thought, There’s no possibility it’s him… Too bad… Her eyebrows furrowed.



“Hermione?” Harry asked after a while, “Hermione, you stopped mid-sentence, what’s wrong?”



Hermione came out of her reverie and answered, “I’m all right, I just thought about something for a moment. Where did you want to go to talk?”



“I was thinking my place might be a good discussion area,” Harry said, and then added to Tonks, “Did you and Remus want to join us?”



Tonks looked surprised but answered, “Sure, but I think it would be better if Remus showed up later with the guest,” she suggested.



“Sounds good,” Harry voiced nodding, “Why don’t you just meet us there?”



“Alright,” she muttered, and then walked off to find Remus in the massive crowds of people still at the memorial service.



“Ready, Hermione?” Harry inquired almost smiling.



“Er, I guess. Harry could you explain to me what’s going””



“No time. We’ve got to get to my flat.”



Harry grabbed Hermione’s arm and they ran to the Apparation Point outside the building. Harry Disapparated with a large pop.



Hermione stood for a moment entirely confused, but her confusion led her to curiosity and she Disapparated with a small crack.



When Hermione arrived at Harry’s front door, Harry was already waiting for her. “What kept you, Hermione?”



“Oh, nothing, I just had to clear my head before I left.”



“Oh, I see. Well, come in, I already have a kettle going for tea.”



“Great,” Hermione said smiling.



She sat in a chair by the fireplace and waited for Harry to return. I can’t believe I’m going to find out. I guess you could call it exciting, or maybe depressing. I really hope it’s not Harry. I love the man to pieces, but I can’t love anyone else the way I do Ron. Oh, Ron! Why do you have to hurt me so? All I’ve done is love you and love you and love you! How could you ever think any different? All you seem to have done is hate me! It seems as though you’re the one who makes my life miserable. If I could talk to you again I swear I’d let you know…Wait, I’m never going to be able to talk to you again… These thoughts had brought tears to her eyes, and as Harry walked in, she desperately tried to wipe them away.



“Hermione, what’s the matter now?” Harry asked sincerely.



Hermione couldn’t hide the tears anymore and let them stream freely from her eyes. “It’s just Ron again, I suppose. I mean, I’ve loved him through everything and all he does is sulk and hate me.”



“Ron does not hate you, Hermione.” How many times have I heard that load of rubbish? she thought.



At that moment Tonks apparated right on top of the umbrella stand and toppled over immediately. She looked over with a sheepish grin at Harry and Hermione, until she saw Hermione’s face. “Oh Dear, tears already? Have you told her yet, Harry?”



“No, I was waiting for you,” Harry told Tonks.



“Oh, I see. Well, we might want to tell her,” Harry advised.



“Yeah, I think that’d be a good idea,” Tonks agreed, nodding her head. She looked over at Hermione. “Alright, Hermione, dear Hermione, are you ready?”



Hermione’s tears had increased in size and frequency when Tonks had asked her that, but she still managed to get out a rather quiet, “Yes.”



Harry and Tonks gulped. Harry started the story. “Well, Hermione, a few days ago, your secret admirer came to me asking me for help. He wanted to win over the woman he loved. I made a suggestion and he took it into his own hands. He added his own creativity and heart and put it on paper””



“The letters,” Hermione said quietly.



“Yes, the letters,” Tonks intervened, “He had sent two letters to you, expressing the depths of his love for you. I don’t know that he’s completely ready to reveal himself tonight, but I’m hoping he’ll do okay. Are you ready to meet him?”



“You haven’t told me who he is!” Hermione cried out.



“When you see him, you’ll know him,” Tonks assured Hermione. She turned and went outside the front door.



Harry turned to Hermione. “Please, whatever happens, don’t do anything you know you’ll regret later. Please. That’s all I ask.”



Hermione nodded, a bit perplexed with the situation that had arisen.



Tonks walked back inside, closely followed by Remus. “Ready?” Remus asked.



Hermione readied herself for the biggest surprise of her life, the most mysterious part of her life. Excitement and Anxiety ran through her veins as she answered in a low voice, “Yes.” After so long of waiting, the moment had finally come to meet her “Loving Friend.” She closed her eyes and took a deep breath.



Remus walked someone in from outside. Hermione opened her eyes and she beheld her secret admirer.



It was Ron.







A/N: Hope you enjoyed this chapter. I'm sorry for the cliffie...sort of. =) I will get Chapter Eleven up as quickly as I possibly can, but as you probably know already, school and swimming and such are keeping me very busy at the moment. Finals are coming up in a week, and I need to concentrate on those before I update here. I may have some time, but it all depends. Thanks to all my faithful reviewers and readers!!
Repercussion by mysteriousnight
Author's Notes:
Chapter Summary: Hermione is hit hard and fast with the identity of her secret admirer. She has a choice of two reactions: 1) She'll take to it kindly, or, 2) She will reject it and hurt those around her. Which will she choose?

Hermione could not articulate the feelings inside of her.



But, Ron hates me! He couldn’t be the one. I bet it was all just a joke. A cruel, disgusting, barbaric joke.



What if Ron does love me?



He does. It was him who sent the letters remember?



But if it was a joke…



This was no joke…



It had to be,
she decided finally.



Her expression hardened. She thought about what she was going to say, then finally said it in its entirety: “Oh damn, another joke on poor, lonely, stupid Hermione. Am I right? You figured once I thought it was real, I would fall for it. You were right. I fell far for it. I really thought a person who would send those letters would be someone who cared about me. I was obviously extremely wrong about that. All of you did an excellent job, good acting skills. Maybe you should all go into the acting business instead of all of this magic stuff. Though you, Ron, did the best. Those letters were amazing I must admit. You hired someone am I right? I can’t believe I don’t have any friends anymore. Well, none that are alive, anyway.” Tonks gasped at the last statement.



Hermione got up quickly and made toward the door.



Ron was in shock. He wanted to stop her and tell her why he had done it. It had all been for her: his one and only love. For a reason unknown to him, he couldn’t bring himself to talk to her at that moment.



Hermione opened the door and made to leave, but Harry had grabbed her arm.



“Hermione!” he yelled at her.



“Harry, I don’t need to talk to you. And about what you said to me a few minutes ago, I think I followed it pretty well.”



“Harry, what is she…” Tonks started. But before she finished, Hermione was already out the door and no where to be found.



“Her house,” Remus said quickly. “Nymphadora, follow her, and try to talk some sense into her if you can.”



Tonks nodded and stepped outside to Disapparate.



“I shouldn’t have come. I shouldn’t have done any of this. Hermione doesn’t love me, I pushed her away!” Ron’s ears reddened as he spoke. “When Ginny died I couldn’t handle getting close to her and losing her, too! I must be the biggest git to ever have set foot on this earth!” he said half to himself and half to the others.



“Breathe, Ron,” Harry said quietly. “We’ll fix this, I promise.”



Ron sighed heavily. “Harry, we can’t fix it, it’s unfixable, we might as well give up.”



“That’s not the way to talk, Ron,” Remus said quietly.



“Well, why the bloody hell not?” Ron said through gritted teeth. “I mean, look, I’ve lost the one thing that has kept me going for the past two years, so why not give up?”



“Ron, you must try again. Ever since you and Hermione met on the Hogwarts Express, I sensed...something. It was a weird something. It was something that told me you two were put on this earth to be with each other. I don’t know what it was, but I know with all my heart, that it’s right. You two are perfect for each other. Ron, please, just try again. That’s all you can do,” Harry said sincerely.



Ron looked from Remus to Harry and back again. He muttered coarsely, “How?”



That word engraved itself into both Remus and Harry’s minds. All three sat in thought for a long time.



How would Ron be able to get Hermione back? That was the question.



Harry looked over at Ron. His ears were still crimson with anger and sadness, but he had calmed down quite a bit. Harry was remembering all the recent moments of the week. And suddenly, he realized the perfect plan.



“The mirror,” he voiced finally.



“The mirror?” Remus asked. “What mirror?”



“The one that Hermione got on her birthday,” Harry answered calmly. “If we could just get to that mirror, then Ron wouldn’t physically have to be in the same room as Hermione, he would just have to talk to her through any mirror in her house.”



“But how do we get the mirror?”



“Accio,” Ron suggested.



“Right. So here’s the plan. We go to her house, get the mirror, and come back here.”



“But how do we tell Nymphadora?” Remus asked.



“Er, well, I don’t think we really can. We’ll just have to hope she figures it out,” Harry said uncertainly.



“But,” Ron uttered, “what happens after we get the mirror and come back here?”



“That’s where you come in, Ron,” Harry responded.



“Ron, you need to apologize for everything. Make her listen,” Remus advised.



“What if she doesn’t listen? What if she doesn’t want to fix things? What if she doesn’t love me anymore? What if…”



“You need to stop focusing on the ‘what-ifs’ and start focusing on what you’re about to do,” Harry stated intelligently.



“Well,” Ron said, with a small flicker of hope inside of his heart, “let’s give it a go then.”



All three stepped outside and Apparated to the street where Hermione lived. Once there, they walked quickly and quietly down the street.

They saw light coming from the windows of Hermione’s flat and right away assumed that Tonks and Hermione were talking. They peered in through the windows and saw that Hermione was sitting alone by her fireplace, with Tonks no where to be found.



Remus felt a tap on his shoulder and turned around to see Tonks with her arms crossed and her right foot tapping the ground. She whispered, “What are you all doing here?”



Ron, Harry and Remus stared at one another. They steered Tonks away from Hermione’s window down the street a bit. “We’re here so that Ron can woo Hermione...” Harry said, “again.”



“I don’t know if that’s the best idea, Harry,” Tonks responded concernedly. “I’ve been watching her for a bit and she looks a wreck. You might want to let me go in first and calm her down.”



“And what happens if she won’t even talk to you?” Ron asked, with an almost frightened look on his face.



“Can we at least tell you our plan, Nymphadora?” Remus suggested quietly.



“Sure, what is it?” Tonks answered.



“Well,” Harry decided to speak up, “if we can get that mirror that she got for her birthday, we can talk to her without even being around. And we were hoping that we would be able to tell you, because you can lock her in a room so she can’t get out when Ron tries…” Harry paused, looked at Ron nervously and then added, “and succeeds in winning over Hermione yet again.”



“I hope you understand…” Tonks began.



“I do understand how difficult it will be. But it’s my last chance and I must try. I can’t live without her…I just…can’t,” Ron interrupted. He looked down at the ground sadly.



Tonks stepped toward him and pushed his chin up. “Ron, you’ll get her back, I know it. You two are meant for each other. I just hope she can see it right now.” She hugged Ron tightly.



Tonks let go of Ron and looked solemnly at him and then at the others. She added, “I think I’m going to try and talk to her now. I don’t know what the bloody hell I’m going to say, but I’m going to try.” She looked over at Ron again. “I swear I'll do my best to make her stay and listen to what you have to say, Ron.” She looked at everyone and said, “I’m going to try and summon the mirror without Hermione knowing, so make sure you’re all ready to catch it if it comes. Alright?” The three men nodded. “Wish me luck.”



“Good luck,” Ron, Harry, and Remus said in quiet unison.



As Tonks made her way to Hermione’s quaint residence, she couldn’t help but feel pity for Ron because of the horrible turn the situation had taken.





A/N: Thanks to all my faithful readers and reviewers again!! I know some of you are disappointed (with either the content or the length of the chapter), but I promise the next one is longer, and hopefully better!! I have found strange ways to manage my time and be able to update on here. I don't know who it works, but it does. Anyways, the next chapter should be up fairly soon, and I'm hoping it won't be rejected three times like the last chapter.
Repairs by mysteriousnight
Author's Notes:
Chapter Summary: Tonks makes her way to Hermione's house. Thoughts drift in her mind. Will Hermione speak to her? Will she be able to get the mirror? Will everything be fixed again?


Tonks heard Hermione inside and knocked on the door quietly. She heard a pause in movement, and then finally footsteps toward the door. Instead of the door opening, Tonks heard Hermione’s voice yelling coarsely, “Who is it?”



Hermione heard Tonks’ muffled answer, “It’s Tonks, we need to talk. Please, Hermione.”



There was another pause in movement, and then slowly the door opened to reveal a Hermione that looked completely depressed. Her hair was bushier than usual, and she was still wearing her black dress, though it was now all wrinkled and tear-stained. Hermione had huge red sacs under her eyes. Tonks had never seen her this unhappy. She said nothing but pulled Hermione into an embrace. Hermione tried to struggle out of it at first, but gave up after a while. They remained at the door for a long time.



Finally, they broke apart and walked inside.



All of a sudden Hermione turned to Tonks and said, “How could all of you lie?”



“Hermione, we had to. Ron loves you so much, and we just couldn’t mess this up for him.”



“There were so many times you could have told me.”



“I know,” Tonks voiced in almost a whisper, “and I’m so sorry.” Tears formed in her eyes.



“You know, you really should be. All of you should be. I don’t know whether I should forgive any of you right now.” She paused, sniffed a couple of times and then continued, “Tonks, there’s no way I could not speak to you for the rest of my life. I need someone to talk to.”



“Go ahead, I’m listening.”



“I’m so confused…I…I’m so bloody in love with him, but he lied to me! All of you did! I just…I don’t know what to do!” She was sobbing again.



Tonks comforted her with another hug. “Close your eyes,” she said. “Take a deep breath and calm down. Everything will be okay.”



While she was hugging her, however, she managed to summon the mirror with her wand, and silently. The door, thankfully, was still open so Tonks sent it through and to the left, where Ron, Harry, and Remus were waiting. When she was sure someone had seen it, she dropped her wand and slyly stuck it back in her pocket. Hermione had not noticed a thing. Tonks felt slightly ashamed at her cunning action, but it was for the best.



*****




Outside, the men waited patiently for the mirror to fly over them. When they finally saw it, Ron made a quick grab for it, and once his feet were back on the ground he said, “Ok, let’s do it.”



They all Disapparated at once and got back to Harry’s flat.



Ron had held onto the mirror without fail the entire trip, looking utterly determined.



Harry started a fire while Ron and Remus took adjacent seats by the fire. “Are you ready, Ron?” Remus asked.



“I…I think I am, sir.”



“All you have to do is call her name, and you’ll be instantly connected to one of the mirrors in her house,” Harry stated matter-of-factly.



“Alright,” Ron said. He gulped. “Hermione Granger.”



The mirror vibrated vigorously as a picture of the town swirled with blue came up. It zoomed at a colossal speed across the town to Hermione’s small house, and then slowly went inside it stopped moving after a while. Ron looked around Hermione’s flat and found himself to be in the mirror on top of the mantle. He saw Tonks and Hermione drinking tea together over the counter in the kitchen. He found his strength and called, “Hermione.”



Hermione had recognized that voice right away. She stepped closer to the mantle to see the voice’s face. Ron stood before her, unchanged except for flushed cheeks and a melancholy expression on his face.



Hermione finally found her voice and spoke to the mirror, “Ron.”



“I need to talk to you,” he said plainly.



“Ron, I thought you hated me,” Hermione blurted out. By this time, Tonks had Disapparated back to Harry’s house, and she, Harry, and Remus had gone into the kitchen, to give Ron and Hermione some privacy.



“Hermione, never in a million years could I ever hate you. I’ve loved you ever since I lay eyes on you on the first day of Hogwarts. Even the day I sent you away from me, I loved you with all of my heart! Hermione, Hermione! Please forgive me! I love you, I really do!”



“Ron!” She exclaimed. “Do you have any idea the pain you have caused me? Why did you have to hurt me so bloody much?” She started sobbing loudly.



“I can’t stand this anymore!” He said suddenly, and Hermione was horrified. There was now a blank mirror, and she thought Ron had left her for good. But not a moment later, Ron appeared right next to her and continued, “Hermione, please! I’m so, so sorry,” with his blue eyes reflecting the light of the fire. “If there was any way I could ever make it up to you, I would. But I guess it’s too late for that.” He looked at the fire, ashamed.



“Ron, you’re just in time.” Hermione sat on the couch.



Ron stared into Hermione’s beautiful brown eyes curiously, only to see that she was smiling. He couldn’t help but smile.



“Hermione,” he said softly kneeling down next to her, “I love and will always love you, and only you, forever.”



Hermione lowered her lips slowly to Ron’s. The kiss started soft and light, then began to become more and more passionate as time elapsed.



Hermione finally broke out of it. “Ron, I love you, I always have, and I always will. But you need to tell me why you pushed me away.”



“It was Ginny’s death. I know now I shouldn’t have done it, because I was missing out on the best thing in the world: love…your love. I only kept away from your because I didn’t want to get to close to you, and have you, have you…” He paused. A tear escaped the corner of his left eye before he said, “have you end up like Ginny.”



“You’re right, Ron,” she said quietly, wiping away the tear, “Anything could happen to anyone at any moment. But that makes love worth so much more! Without love, the world would be nothing. We would be nothing. Without death, the living would not completely live. Life without death is worthless. Just as me without you is worthless. Ron, I love you, and I want us to have all the time we can together, no matter how long that may be.”



Ron gazed at Hermione and forwarded his lips onto hers for a short, yet sweet, kiss. They sat entangled with each other for a while thoughts and memories floating in their minds.



*****




Harry still had one little adventure to go.



The next morning, Harry woke up late. It was eleven thirty before he remembered he was planning on having Luna over at his house and neither he, nor his house was ready for a guest.



He ran around his house and tried desperately to clean sufficiently, and by ten to noon, he had just about taken care of it. He ran to his room and got dressed quickly, then put on a kettle for tea.



His doorbell rang at exactly noon. He opened it to find Luna. She was much prettier than he remembered, her blond hair hanging down just below her shoulders. She smiled, and Harry saw all of her beauty show. I shouldn’t be thinking like this, he thought, It’s a betrayal to Ginny.



“Hello, Harry,” Luna said, still smiling.



“Hi,” Harry answered. He realized he hadn’t asked her to come it yet so he added, “Ready to come in and have some tea?”



“Sure,” Luna answered.



Harry led her to the fireplace, where Luna seated herself. Harry was bustling around in the kitchen, conjuring up cucumber sandwiches and pouring tea. When he was finally done, he levitated the food with his wand and landed it on the coffee table.



He walked over to the open chair next to Luna and sat down. He reached for the cups and handed one to her. “So, Luna, how have you really been since Hogwarts?”



“Well, truthfully, there’s not a day where I don’t think about that final battle. There’s always something that reminds me. When it’s dark and I’m walking alone, I always feel an inclination to turn around and stupefy someone. It’s incredible, the impact of one battle on a person.” She took a sip of her tea. “What about you, Harry?”



“There’s not a day I don’t think about it, either. I think about that final few minutes, when I was on the verge of death, and I saw Ginny lying on the ground, struggling…I was so glad she made it out alive…” Harry had not realized that he had started crying. He stopped talking, and immediately wiped them away. “I’m sorry,” he said to Luna.



“For what?” She asked, “Crying? That’s something to be sorry about? What’s there not for you to cry about? Your parents, dead, Sirius, dead, Ginny…” Luna stopped herself. It was her turn to apologize. “Harry, I’m so sorry. I don’t know what possessed me to remind you of all the things that gave you pain.”



Harry didn’t answer, but continued crying, consistently and quietly. Luna pulled him out of his chair and hugged him. Neither Luna nor Harry knew how long they stood there, frozen in an embrace. All they knew was that it helped so much.



A/N: So that was Chapter Twelve, the second to last Chapter. I'm bittersweet about it being the second to last chapter. It has been over a year of work spent on this story, and I don't want it to end, but I'm excited for it to end. I do have a new story out called Love Actually, but I don't think it will be as much of a success to be honest. But I'll try my best!! The last chapter will be an epilogue and it will be out soon!!
Epilogue by mysteriousnight
Author's Notes:
Chapter Summary: The final piece to the story. In here, there is a resolution to all conflicts and problems that still lay unresolved.
Three months later, on a splendid Sunday morning, Harry and Luna made there way to Hogwarts Grounds, where a wedding was taking place at noon. They were best friends now, and had been since they reunited at Ginny’s memorial.

Luna went to go find Hermione, so Harry went to talk to Ron, who was pacing hastily back and forth across the alter.

“How are you, Mate?” Harry said cheerfully.

“I…er…I’m doing swell really.” Ron said nervously, as he stopped pacing, and started fidgeted with his fingers. “Well, actually, I’m sweating like a pig. I’m bloody nervous, Harry. What if she doesn’t show up? What if she really liked another chap? What if””

Harry interrupted him with, “I seem to remember telling you not too long ago to not focus on the what-ifs, do you seem to remember that, too?” He grinned and Ron joined him. “Don’t worry, Mate. She loves you more than life itself. She’ll be waiting impatiently to get up the aisle, just you wait.”

Remus had just walked up. “Hello, gentlemen. How have you been?”

“Pretty good, and how about you Remus?” Harry asked.

“I’ve been fantastic. Tonks and I are getting married in April,” he said sheepishly.

“Took you two lovebirds long enough,” Ron added smiling.

“I could say the same about you and Hermione.” All three of them laughed.

“By the way, Remus, where is Tonks?” Harry asked curiously.

“Off doing womanly things with Hermione and Luna I suppose.”

They all nodded and murmured in agreement.

“Morning, gentleman.” Harry smiled. It was Mr. Weasley. “You all ready, then?”

They nodded, and he smiled. “Good, good. Well, it looks like we’re a bit ahead of schedule, but somehow, that doesn’t stop Molly from unleashing her hurricane of stress among everyone.”

He laughed, and patted Harry and Ron on the back.

“Arthur!” Mrs. Weasley called.

“Oh, I better obey. See you in a bit, gentleman.”

*****


Luna made her way to the Hogwarts Castle, to the spare room on the ground floor that Hermione said would be used as her changing room.

She heard Hermione’s voice before she knocked. “Oh, Mother! Stop worrying! Everything will be fine…I hope.”

“Of course everything will be okay,” Luna chimed in and entered the room.

“Oh dear, it looks as though Molly is trying to lift a gazebo by herself. I’m going to go assist her,” she said. She turned to Hermione and added, “If you need anymore help, let me know.” She paused before she left, and said under her breath, “She’s growing up so fast.”

Hermione watched her mother leave then yelled excitedly, “Luna! I’m so glad you’re here!” Holding up her dress, Hermione ran toward Luna, and pulled her into a long hug. Over the last few months, Hermione had come to accept Luna as a friend and part of their group of friends.

“How has the day been going?” Luna asked, as she looked for her bridesmaid dress. She found it, and looked at its beauty. It was a pale lavender dress, with off the shoulder sleeves, and ruffles everywhere.

“The last few hours have been well, hell. Fred and George almost brought the wrong ring,” Hermione voiced quickly.

Luna looked confused.

“Oh, well, they’re using my ring as a model for a new item for their shop…”

“Go no further, I understand,” Luna answered smiling.

“And Charlie brought a new dragon, whom he calls Harold. And, dear Harold tried to set fire to the entire kitchen. Charlie says he had to bring him because he’s a newborn and needs constant attention.” She lowered her voice and continued, “I really think Fred and George paid Charlie to bring it, just to irk me.”

Luna smiled. “I can see that.”

“And Fleur and Bill won’t stop snogging! We send them to do a job and everytime we check up on them, they’re snogging instead of what we asked them to do! They’ve been married how long now? They still can’t keep their hands off each other!”

“Hermione, just calm down. Everything will be fine,” Luna said, half-laughing.

“I’m sure everything will fall into place, Hermione,” Tonks said entering the room.

“Tonks! Good thing you’re here. Mrs. Weasley, er, Mum, would have sent out the entire Auror squad to look for you if you hadn’t shown up. She’s more stressed than I am today.”

All three of them laughed.

“Girls, this is no time to laugh! Get dressed!” Mrs. Weasley’s voice came from the entrance to the room.

Hermione rolled her eyes and continued to fix her hair.

“Hermione?” Luna asked.

“Yes, Luna?” Hermione asked, concernedly.

“Are you…nervous?”

Hermione thought about this. She and Ron had loved each other for so long, gone through so much, yet, now, after everything, they were happy. She decided that she could never be nervous, and was more excited to get down the aisle now then before.

“Of course not. It’s just Ronald.” She laughed.

The three of them continued getting ready, as more guests arrived and took their seats.

Outside, Ron continued pacing, though Harry and Remus had tried to calm him down.

Remus whispered to Harry, “He’ll have to get over it, soon, because all of the guests are here, and the music is due to start any moment.”

About five minutes after Remus said this, the music started, and Ron stiffened substantially.

As the music played, Harry and Remus smiled to see Luna and Tonks coming down the aisle in their beautiful lavender dresses, with extravagant smiles on their faces.

They stood on one side of the alter, while the men were on the other side. The orchestra changed the tune of their song to “Here Comes the Bride,” and Ron could not move.
He saw a beautiful angel walking down the aisle, in a gown of white, that brought out everything beautiful in her. Her smile, her eyes, her everything. Ron did only what he could do at the moment: smile.

Hermione came and stood next to Ron, and she grabbed him hand. “It’ll be okay, Ron,” she whispered to him, sensing his nervousness.

This calmed him down somewhat, though he realized the vow that he would have to say in a moment, and his anxiety continued.

“Dearly Beloved, we are gathered here today…” Neither Ron nor Hermione could concentrate on what the priest was saying. They instead, looked at each other and smiled for a long time.

They were thrown back into reality when the priest said, “And now the groom would like to say his vows.”

Ron knew he was first. He had his vows in his hand ready to read, but realized, as he looked into the eyes of his wife-to-be, he didn’t need them. He turned to her fully and said, “Hermione. We have been through so much. This probably sounds like the corniest line you have ever heard, but it’s the truth. I fell in love with you the day we met and the train and you said that I had dirt on my nose.” He paused to laugh, as did the crowd. “I know I’ve made mistakes in the past, but what I have done is done all I could to fix those mistakes, so I could be here, with you, today. I love you, and will always love you, Hermione, with all of my heart, and I’m so glad it’s me, here, today, with you.” He let a tear slip out of the corner of his eye, and looked to Hermione, who’s eyes were filled with tears.

“And now,” the Priest voiced, “the bride would like to say her vows.”

Hermione cleared her throat, and then took a deep breath. “Ron, you are the love of my life. Though we have gone through tough times, our love has survived. It has grown stronger, and will last forever. I’ve loved you since the moment I laid eyes on you, Ronald Weasley, and that love hasn’t faded away, but become resilient since then. Because of what happened, Ron, we discovered that our love was something to be cherished forever. I want to spend the rest of my life with you, Ronald. I love you, now and the rest of my life.”

The priest said a few things, but neither the bride nor the groom tuned in, until they heard, “With the power vested in me, I now pronounce you husband and wife. You may now kiss the bride.”

Quickly, Ron pulled Hermione in for the longest, most passionate kiss he could give, and Hermione returned with the same passion.

The audience reacted with an “Aww.”

Ron and Hermione lived together happily for the rest of their lives, along with their four children (who all happened to share the Weasley trait of being red-headed).

In April, as Remus had said, he and Tonks were married, and had two children soon after.

Luna and Harry remained good friends.

This goes to prove that love will always find a way”Even through the darkest memories.

THE END.


A/N: I want to thank all of my faithful reviewers and readers for sticking with me all this time, and I do hope you enjoyed the ending. I have another story up, called Love Actually that is just starting, so feel free to review on that! I'm so sad to see this story go, but then again, that means more too come!!! Thanks to all!!
This story archived at http://www.mugglenetfanfiction.com/viewstory.php?sid=14678