Harry Potter and the Dynasty of the Wand by Lady Snuffles
Summary: The fact that opposites attract might be one reason for Ron and Hermione’s new endearment towards each other. By the time the Hogwarts Express pulls into Hogsmeade Station for another year at Hogwarts, every witch and wizard on the train knew something had changed drastically between the two friends. Harry and Ginny on the other hand decide to keep their relationship a secret because of a “dream” Harry has about ‘You Know Who.’ If their secret love is discovered by the wrong people it could possibly cost Harry and Ginny their lives.

The sequel is on it's way! It's been submitted so I hope you enjoy it everyone!
Categories: Ron/Hermione AND Harry/Ginny Characters: None
Warnings: None
Challenges:
Series: None
Chapters: 19 Completed: Yes Word count: 64708 Read: 84733 Published: 09/02/05 Updated: 03/20/07

1. Good Laughs And Bedrooms by Lady Snuffles

2. Bad Dreams and Boxers by Lady Snuffles

3. The Party...and a Little Bit More... by Lady Snuffles

4. Just Between the Four (Five) of Us by Lady Snuffles

5. Home Sweet Home by Lady Snuffles

6. Qui Vous Aimez Toujours Mourra by Lady Snuffles

7. The Big Blowout by Lady Snuffles

8. The Discovery by Lady Snuffles

9. Something Left Behind by Lady Snuffles

10. It’s Beginning to Look a Lot Like Christmas by Lady Snuffles

11. Nothing...Anything...Everything by Lady Snuffles

12. A Bit of Holiday Spirit by Lady Snuffles

13. Where is Lupin? by Lady Snuffles

14. Meeting with Dumbledore by Lady Snuffles

15. Charlie's Challenge by Lady Snuffles

16. The Tournament by Lady Snuffles

17. Missing by Lady Snuffles

18. Dream Come True by Lady Snuffles

19. The Dynasty of the Wand by Lady Snuffles

Good Laughs And Bedrooms by Lady Snuffles
Author's Notes:
The fact that opposites attract might be one reason for Ron and Hermione’s new endearment towards each other. By the time the Hogwarts Express pulls into Hogsmeade Station for another year at Hogwarts, every witch and wizard on the train knew something had changed drastically between the two friends. Harry and Ginny on the other hand decide to keep their relationship a secret because of a “dream” Harry has about ‘You Know Who.’ If their secret love is discovered by the wrong people it could possibly cost Harry and Ginny their lives.


Disclaimer: I DO NOT OWN HARRY POTTER!!!!!!


He’s kissing me. He is kissing me! Or am I kissing him? Who leaned in first? Can I deny it if it was me? Is this really happening? Wow, he is really gorgeous! I could get used to this....

Only a moment before, Ron and Hermione were having another one of there infamous rows about, none other than, Victor Krum, or as Ron would call him, “Vicky.” But now, however, the only thing running through Ron and Hermione’s minds was how wonderful it felt to finally be in each other’s arms. The entire fight had seemed to become nonexistent.

This is the most beautiful woman I have ever held in my arms. Well I suppose she’s the only person I’ve ever held in my arms...either way, she is beautiful. I want to stay like this forever and...

The sound of clapping hands was heard from the doorway of Harry and Ron’s bedroom, pulling Hermione and Ron out of the clouds. The applause, of course, came from who else, but Ginny and Harry.

“Thank you for this pleasant entertainment, but this performance unfortunately must come to an end now, as it is half past two and your audience needs to be getting to bed.” Hermione and Ron looked from the doorway, to each other, and back again, with a loss for words. Ginny was standing next to Harry with a sly smirk on her face, while Harry was grinning ear to ear; something neither Ron or Hermione seen since before the tragedy in the Department of Mysteries barely a month ago. Needless to say, they were both quite shocked to see Harry in such high spirits...even in such a predicament.

Ron and Hermione exchanged looks of embarrassment and confusion, now that Harry and Ginny were both doubled over in laughter. Whatever their two friends thought was so funny, Ron and Hermione hadn’t a clue. Ron pushed past the hysterically laughing pair, taking Hermione with him into the hallway, and shutting the door quietly so as not to wake the others sleeping soundly in the Burrow.

“Ron, I think...” Hermione began, but Ron interrupted her.

“Let me talk first,” he said this in the sweetest tone Hermione had ever heard him use. It just made her love him even more. At first she couldn’t think of a time when Ron had ever used any other tone with her but the one he was using now. Then the whole last ten minutes before the kiss came floating back into her mind...




“...Ron we’ve been over this a hundred times! Victor is JUST A FRIEND! That’s all he’s ever been and that’s all he ever will be!”

“And how am I supposed to believe that? How do I know you aren’t just saying that to get me off your back? How do I know that you don’t really like being called “Herm-o-ninny?” Please tell me!” Ron’s sarcastic remarks were too much for Hermione to handle any longer.

“Because you’re my friend, and your supposed to trust your friends Ronald! Or have you forgotten that I was one of them? How am I supposed to know that?” Hermione tried to stand her ground as best she could.

“Because I care about you and I love you....” What he said took Ron by surprise just as much as it did Hermione. When the words started coming out the volume was near the roar of a lion. The last two words were hardly louder than a kitten’s meow. RON! You can’t say that! You can’t tell Hermione you love her! Why on earth did you say that? Hermione was not supposed to hear that! She’ll never talk to you again! You have lost the best person in your life even if she didn’t feel the same way! Nice going!

“What did you say Ron?” Hermione whispered at an even quieter level than Ron’s last words. Hermione noticed he looked like he was still contemplating on what to say next.

“I um...uh...I said...I,” Ron stuttered.

“Ron did you say you loved me?” Hermione asked taken aback.

He heard a voice in his head telling him the possible options to fill in the now unbearably awkward silence. The choices being: A.) run away, B.) drop dead, C.) make something up that sounds similar to what I already said, or D.) tell the truth. Many of the options sounded like good possibilities, but in his heart, he knew the answer right away.

Deciding on ‘D’ Ron repeated his words, slowly and for the most part, clearly; “Hermione I...I love you. I love you more.....more than you could ever imagine.” He thought his legs were going to give out on him before the words were out.

As Ron spoke, both he and Hermione were unnoticeably nearing each other. It wasn’t until they were six inches apart that Ron spoke again, a little stronger than the last sentence. “I...I just wanted you to know before anything...you know...happened that might....give me regrets about what I’ve said to you in the past.”

Ron shivered as he felt Hermione’s breath against his ear as she whispered the words that he had been longing to hear for years. “You have nothing to regret anymore. Ron, I love you too.”


Their faces were so close now that Hermione could feel Ron’s slow, even breaths on her cheeks. They leaned into one another and their lips caressed the other’s tenderly and softly.

~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~

“Hermione are you listening to me? Hermione? Hermione! Snap out of it!” Hermione jolted back into reality, and realized that the kiss was over. She looked into Ron’s eyes as he repeated those three precious words she had never heard him say to her before tonight.

“I love you, and.....nothing in the world will change that. Not even Harry and Ginny laughing their hearts out in there,” he said, pointing his thumb towards the door behind him. “Just.....tell me again that you love me and I will be certain that this is not just another dream.”

“Ron, I love you. I truly, deeply, care for you. I can’t even remember how long I’ve loved you. I just know that I do.” And with those words said, Ron walked Hermione back to her’s and Ginny’s bedroom. With one goodnight kiss and another exchange of “I Love You”s, Ron returned to his room to break up the celebrating Harry and Ginny, and go to bed.




Though muffled through the closed door, Harry and Ginny could still hear the shouts of Ron and Hermione’s argument. “Ten Galleons it’s about Krum,” Ginny muttered to Harry while they were lying on the couch in Ginny’s room.

Harry laughed out loud. Ginny was good at making him do that. And he hoped that she always would be. “We’re going to have to tell Ron sooner or later you know,” Harry said stubbornly changing the subject. “Would you rather have us tell him or have him walk in on us in each others arms like we are now? No matter how much I like it Ginny....”

“...You feel like we’re doing something wrong,” Ginny finished for him. “Me too.”

“So do you want me to tell him or should we tell him together?”

“Why couldn’t I tell him myself?” she asked. “Do you think that he’ll hex me into oblivion?”

“No. I’m actually afraid that he will try to hex you into oblivion, then miss and you’ll end up causing him much worse pain,” Harry replied matter of factually. They both laughed so hard that they rolled off the couch onto Ginny’s furry lime green rug. After a few minutes of giggling on the ground Ginny found herself on top of Harry, pinning him against the fuzzy carpeting. Her eyes drifted over his soft lips, then to his smooth cheeks, finally resting on those breath-taking emerald-green eyes. Slowly Ginny lowered her head and touched Harry’s lips to her’s. She got a tingly feeling allover her body when ever they kissed. To Ginny it was the best feeling in the world.

Their kiss was interrupted by none other than Hermione’s shrieks of “JUST A FRIEND!” More laughter came from the pair on the ground with the truth of Ginny’s earlier comment, and this time Harry found himself pinning Ginny to the ground. He wondered what Ron would do if he came bursting into the room, seeing them in that position on the floor. Ron would probably turn the color of a magnificent tomato; then he would probably try to kill Harry.

Instead of lowering his lips to hers, Harry pulled Ginny up to a sitting position on his lap. There he gave her another kiss and only stopped when he heard Ron’s voice start loud and fade away quickly. Harry wondered what Ron had said to make the argument go quiet. He looked at Ginny and a fleeting glance to Harry told him that she too was curious.

As they began to ascend the stairs Harry noticed Ginny’s excitement. He didn’t think he wanted to know what was going through her mind, but she told him as though reading his thoughts.

“I think Ron finally told her,” she said as she brought her ear close to the key hole on the door they just reached.

“Nah! He wouldn’t have yet. Would he?”

“You never know.....it is Ron we’re talking about. He’s been known to let important things slip when he’s angry,” after a few more seconds of listening, Ginny spoke excitedly but quietly. “It’s practically silent. Shall we?” Harry nodded with a crooked smile on his face. He loved it when Ginny got adventurous like this.

She pushed the door open quietly, and there were Ron and Hermione. Halfway through their first kiss. Ginny and Harry just stood there dumbfounded. Smiles broadened on their faces. Harry thinking that there was nothing else he could do, started clapping. Ginny joined soon after.

Ron and Hermione resurfaced and just looked at them. Harry began what he liked to call his “Ginny Antics.” Forcing uneasiness further onto the victims of earlier embarrassment. “Thank you for this pleasant entertainment, but this performance unfortunately must come to an end now, as it is half past two and your audience needs to be getting to bed.”

As Ron and Hermione stared at each other, Ginny and Harry laughed hysterically, nearly falling down the steps behind them. Ron pulled Hermione into the hallway pushing through their overzealous friends. Ron shut the door and Harry could just barely hear them talking.

Ginny and Harry started calming down and she fell mirthfully into Harry’s outstretched arms. He caught her around the middle and scooped her up beneath the knees. Harry set Ginny on his bed and he sat next to her.

“Don’t you think that this would be a good time to tell him?” Harry asked her as Ginny looked down at the covers on the bed. “He’s going to be in an unusually good mood.”

“I suppose, but I want to tell him. It will be a softer impact on him then.” Harry looked at Ginny in concern. “And don’t worry. I wont try to send any hexes his way.....I’m not promising anything though,” she said smiling at him.

Ron suddenly burst into the room blissfully. “I love that woman!” he said with a wonderful ease. “I love her, I love her, I love her! I just cant say it enough!”

“Good for you Ron,” Ginny said with extreme importance. “Ron?” She looked at him in the ever comforting ‘I’ll always be your little sister’ look.

He looked directly at her with much concern. “What’s up Gin?”

“I have something really important to tell you, and you cant be mad. Promise?”

“Yeah I promise,” Ron said impatiently. “Just tell me what’s wrong.”

“Oh, there’s nothing wrong really. There’s just...well the thing is...” Ginny dragged on. “Harry and I, um....well we....”

“Just spit it out already!” Ron roared. He hated being left in the dark.

Harry was too quick for Ginny to answer. “Ginnyandiareacouple!”

“Wh-what?” Ron asked, hoping he actually heard something different.

Harry repeated it slowly this time “Ginny-and-I-are-a-couple. We figured we couldn’t even be in the same room without you knowing, so we thought we ought to tell you.”

“And we aren’t asking your permission, we’re just informing you,” Ginny put in quickly.

Silence followed; a long and agonizing silence. After a few more moments of hush, Ron spoke, strong and sure. “Ginny, go talk with Hermione. She told me she’d like to chat, and I think she’d want to know what’s up with...you two. I have something I need to say to Harry...in private.”

As Ginny got up to leave Harry kissed her hand and gave it a reassuring squeeze before letting go. “Ron, I better find Harry in one piece in the morning,” she said in a very Mrs. Weasley-like manner. Then, looking directly at Harry, she continued, “Vise-versa.”

She left and the room was totally silent. Nearly five minutes had passed and nothing had been said. Harry was still sitting on his bed. Ron was still staring at the door his little sister had just marched through. Finally, after collecting his thoughts, Ron turned to Harry and said, “Well mate, I guess it had to happen at some point right?” he grinned, and Harry smiled back, with nothing in particular to say. He couldn’t think of one thing to say that could lighten the mood better than Ron just had. Harry was quite relieved that it was alright with Ron for him to have a relationship with Ginny. Ron realized it was actually ok to have a relationship...period. Ginny and Hermione too, were in their bedroom saying the very same things about the boys. They were all glad to just have each other.......finally.




~A/N: Kinda fluffy, I know. It’s only the first chapter of my first-ever fanfic! (Woot!) But trust me, it gets better. Just be patient and keep your “boxers” on. Haha --*hint hint-wink wink*-- Read and Review Pretty, Pretty Please!
Bad Dreams and Boxers by Lady Snuffles
Author's Notes:
After having a bad dream Harry must tell Ginny the one thing he hoped he’d never have to say. How will Ginny take it? Is it possible for the morning to end well?


Disclaimer: All the good stuff belongs to Jo....damn it.


Harry and Ron were lying awake in their beds talking about the beautiful women they were less than a hundred feet away from.

“I love her,” Ron said, for what must have been the millionth time that night.

“I know Ron,” Harry reminded his best friend.

“She’s gorgeous.”

“You’ve told me.”

“And an amazing kisser.”

“That’s something I didn’t want to know.”

“I love her.”

“So I’ve heard.” Harry was starting to get annoyed. He just wanted to fall asleep and dream sweet dreams about Ginny.

“I want to marry her!”

“Ron. Shut up!”

“But I....”

“Not now!” with Harry’s last words Ron finally stopped talking about Hermione and tried interrogating Harry about Ginny.

“Why aren’t you talking about your girlfriend?” Ron asked sarcastically.

Harry simply answered, “I’d rather dream about her.” His short answer seemed to work. Ron grunted, rolled onto his other side, and in twelve seconds flat he was out cold.

For Harry it took a little longer to get to sleep. When eventually he did, it was a restless slumber. Instead of dreaming about a certain red-head in a nearby room, a horrible nightmare was quickly taking over Harry’s mind.


~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~

The room was dark except for a small fire in a tiny brick fireplace. Harry’s eyes adjusted to the light and he could see two vague figures moving about the room. “Where’s Potter?” Harry heard a familiar, drawling voice say. “His girlfriend here will die of loneliness before he arrives.”

“Calm down Lucius. The Dark Lord said he would come. He’ll come.”

“How can you have so much faith in him, Bella? How do we know if something went wrong in the plan? We could be down here waiting for Potter to show up and for all we know half of our team is dueling with Ministry officials. How do you know the Dark Lord wouldn’t leave us for Azkaban just so he can escape.”

“How can you even think such things? Of course the Dark Lord wouldn’t abandon us. Don’t lose your faith in our master so quickly, Lucius. He needs us to fulfil his plans after all.” A short while later, the handle of the door to jiggled loudly.“Aha! See what I told you? Here comes the boy now.”

Harry came rushing into the room in the blink of an eye. “WHERE IS SHE!?!” Harry bellowed. Wand at the ready, Harry dodged and blocked spells and hexes that came soaring his way. Unfortunately, there was a third Death Eater hidden in the room that Harry was unaware of and he was stunned from behind.

Harry couldn’t move or talk, but he could still see and hear everything going on in the room. “Congratulations Severus. You’ve caught him. Well done indeed.” Even in the dim glow of the room Harry could still see Malfoy’s sneer at the back of Snape’s head as Bellatrix gave her compliment.

Harry could see Ginny, laying on the cold stone floor. With her back to him, it was hard to tell if she was even alive. After a few moments, Harry finally saw what he’d hoped for. Ginny took a shallow, barely noticeable breath. Harry was relieved to know that he wasn’t too late. As Harry brought his eyes back to what was happening above him, he watched helplessly as Snape pointed his wand at his chest and bound him in ropes. This lifted the stunning spell put on Harry, enabling him to speak once more.

“Tell us where it is Potter,” said Snape’s cold, cruel voice. “Tell us now or your little girlfriend here will be in misery.”

“I don’t know what “it” is!” Harry roared loudly. “Just let Ginny go. She doesn’t deserve to be here.”

“Dumbledore must have mentioned it to you by now,” said Snape softly then raising his voice, bellowed at Harry, “WHERE POTTER?”

“I don’t know what you are talking about!” Harry returned the yell. Snape motioned for Malfoy to begin the Cruciatus curse on Ginny. Harry began to shout loudly, “No!”

Ginny screamed in agony. It was unbearable to watch her writhe around on the floor, screaming and crying. “STOP!” Harry yelled.

“Tell us where it is then,” Snape said shortly.

“What ever you want...just stop hurting her.” Snape called off the curse and began discussing with Harry how to get whatever “it” was.

“Talk Potter...for once I’m interested in what you have to say,” said Snape curtly.

Frantically Harry spoke, “Dumbledore has it.” It was the first thing that sprung into his mind.

“Where did Dumbledore find it?” Snape asked testing Harry. Snape had a very good feeling that Harry had no idea what “it” was, but he asked anyways, just to be sure.

“Let Ginny go and I will tell you. If you don’t release her, I swear I’ll kill myself here and now. Then you’ll never know what it is.” Harry was negotiating with his own life as though it were worth fifty cents.

“Lets try this again Potter....We are the ones with the power. We have the Weasley girl...and you.” Again Snape motioned for Malfoy to curse Ginny. She was breathing heavily and staggered now.

“Crucio!” Malfoy muttered. The curse hit her again and her screams of agony hit Harry full-on.

“Stop it!” he screamed. But no one was listening. “Stop it now! I’ll tell you! I’LL TELL YOU!”

“You don’t know what “it” is Potter; I can tell that much. This girl is no longer of any use.” Suddenly Ginny’s cries stopped altogether, even though Lucius was still casting the spell. He stopped, realizing there was no more damage to be done. Her body was no longer rigid but limp, still, and calm. Her chest stopped rising after a last fall and her final breath ran out. A long silence followed.

Finally Harry spoke. “You killed her. You killed her! How dare you kill her? I LOVED HER! You will pay for this!”

“No Harry,” said the cold voice of Bellatrix from behind him. “Lucius did not kill her.”

Harry felt his blood drain from his body. “Who did then?” he asked her, his voice full of emotion.

“I did.” Harry recognized the voice but could not see the face of the man...no, the monster, that it belonged to. “I did it. I would tell you to be more careful with people you love, Potter...but where’s the fun in that? Though it doesn’t matter now that I’m finally going to kill you.” The last thing Harry remembered seeing was a flash of green light and the livid, scarlet eyes of the man who cast the unforgivable curse on him for the second time in his life. This time...it worked.

~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~

“Ginny!” It was the first thing Harry could think of when he woke from his nightmare. In the past, Harry’s dreams had been in the perspective of Voldemort or that snake of his. In this dream however, it was as if Harry was watching the scene from above until the “Dream Harry” entered the room. Then the rest of the dream unfolded looking through “Dream Harry’s” eyes. Though the dreams that usually came true were from Voldemort’s perspective, Harry just couldn’t shake the sickening feeling in his stomach. The feeling told him that something bad had happened to Ginny.

Harry shoved on his glasses and flung off his covers, getting out of bed.

“Whaz wrong?” said Ron’s sleepy voice. Leaving the room, Harry barely had time for an answer.

“Ginny,” was all he could manage. Ron got up after him and they raced down the steps flinging open Ginny and Hermione’s bedroom door.

Hermione sat straight up in bed, startled by the sudden slam of the door against the wall. Harry searched the room and all color drained from his face; Ginny’s bed was empty. “What’s happened?” Hermione asked with a disgruntled look on her face.

Harry turned around and headed downstairs to see if Ginny had got up early. It was quarter after five already. Again, all Harry could get out before leaving the room was “Ginny,” Hermione got up too, and followed Harry and Ron after noticing Ginny’s empty bed.

Downstairs in the kitchen Harry could hear a muffled voice coming from the living room.....one voice. Harry opened the door slowly to see who was there.

They found Ginny, but she was in anything but mortal peril. She was decorating the room for what looked like, a party. Ginny spotted them watching her and listening to her hum “Happy Birthday” to herself.

“Oh! You woke up earlier than I expected. Happy birthday Harry!” Ginny basically skipped to him to plant a kiss on his shocked face.

Harry held her close to him, just a second longer than a birthday hug would normally be. Ginny looked at him questioningly.

“...what’s wrong?” Ginny asked, almost as if she was disappointed. “Is it the decorations? They’re too much aren’t they? I can take them down....”


“No, don’t. Ginny, this is wonderful,” Harry said warmly. “Thank you so much. I can tell that this will be a very interesting birthday.” Ginny still looked doubtful about his original reaction..

“But Harry wha....?”

“We’ll talk later,” he whispered to her. He picked Ginny up and spun her in the air. “I just love you so much!” Harry lowered Ginny to him and their lips met. Her feet were lowered to the ground and they broke apart.

“Now you go and get dressed and come back down for your party, OK?” Ginny then shooed Harry, Ron and Hermione, through the kitchen and up the steps to their bedrooms.

~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~

“Harry? What was that about?” Ron asked. “You looked so strange. Like when you have those dreams abou...” he paused and thought. “You didn’t have a dream about Ginny and You Know Who? Did you?”

Realizing lying would be the wrong thing to do in this situation Harry said, “Yeah, I did.” he looked at Ron for a response that didn’t come for a long time.

“What happened to Ginny in this dream with You Know Who?” Ron asked slowly.

Harry could feel tears welling up in his eyes as he said the next two words. “She died.” It was evident Ron was fighting the same inner battle as Harry; Harry’s cheeks slowly burned as a few stray tears broke free, rolling down his face. “Voldemort killed her to get to me...I wont let that happen Ron...I can’t!” he choked those last words down. “I need to let her go....I don’t want to hurt her, but it’s the only way I can know that she is safe. I love her too much to let her die for me.”

Ron was silent for a while. With his face now calmed, and fully dry, the words came steadily and slowly, like there was no denying what they meant. “The problem is Harry, Ginny loves you too. She won’t let you die for her.”

Harry could think of nothing better to say; “I know.”




Ginny woke and turned towards the clock. Four thirty-two, time to get up. Ginny got dressed silently so as not to wake Hermione. She put on a new outfit that her mother had bought for her recently. Ginny barely ever tried to impress Harry with her looks because she knew that it didn’t matter to him whether she was a super model or a mountain troll. Either way, she wanted to look nice for his special day.

She tip-toed downstairs and grabbed a handful of granola just to stop her stomach from rumbling until breakfast. She took out her secret box from the cupboard under the stairs...the one place she knew Harry wouldn’t look for anything.

Inside the box were many more smaller boxes filled with ribbons, tissue paper and birthday decorations. She began with the balloons. After filling six balloons that could challenge the size of Harry’s Aunt Marge, Ginny was quite dizzy and out of breath. Blowing up balloons without magic is harder than I thought. Ten minutes later there were sixteen balloons hanging from the ceiling, streamers tied between each one. In another five minutes there was a cake in the oven and a happy birthday sign hung above the mantle piece. Five o’clock. I probably have another half-hour before Mum wakes up and then another hour after that before Harry wakes up. I have plenty of time. Or so she thought.

Just fifteen minutes later Ginny was humming “Happy Birthday” to herself while hanging a rather ugly pinata, which looked almost identical to Dolores Umbridge, when she noticed Harry, Ron and Hermione all in their pajamas looking rather relieved at the sight of her.

Ginny was slightly disappointed to see Harry up so much earlier than she had expected, but was happy to see him none the less. “Oh! You woke up earlier than I expected! Happy birthday Harry!” Ginny moved towards him and kissed him on the lips and gave him a hug.

Was it just her or was that hug just a little to long to be a happy-mood hug? Ginny looked at him curiously.

“...what’s wrong?” she asked. “Is it the decorations? They’re too much aren’t they? I can take them down....”

“No, don’t. Ginny, this is wonderful,” Harry interrupted thoughtfully. “Thank you so much. I can tell that this will be a very interesting birthday.” Ginny had no idea what he was talking about.

She didn’t understand where this was coming from.“But Harry wha....?”

“We’ll talk later,” he whispered back, interrupting her again. He picked her up, spinning her and lifting her higher and higher until Harry’s arms could stretch no farther. Wow he’s strong. Just don’t drop me. Ginny laughed to herself, as she gripped Harry’s arms for protection. “I just love you so much!” Harry told her as he lowered her and she leaned into his kiss. Harry lowered Ginny all the way to the ground and they pulled apart.

Realizing that Harry was still in his boxers and t-shirt, Ginny said,“Now you go and get dressed and come back down for your party, OK?” She pushed the three of them out into the kitchen and up the stairs to their bedrooms.

Hermione was the first one into the living room. She looked slightly more concerned than when she had come down earlier. It only took her about five minutes to get ready. Ginny wondered why it would take Harry and Ron longer, but Hermione read her mind and answered Ginny’s thoughts, “I went up to the door to Ron and Harry’s room to see if they were ready to come down and I heard them talking in hushed voices. I would have knocked and asked what was going on, but it sounded like Harry was...crying. I don’t know what happened, but it’s just so hard to be around Harry when he’s like that; after Sirius died at the ministry last month he’s been so....”

“It’s okay Hermione, I understand....I’ll talk to him about it later, alright? You just worry about helping me with the rest of these decorations.” For the next fifteen minutes Hermione and Ginny finished setting up the living room and moved into the kitchen. The cake was ready and was being smothered in chocolate frosting by Mrs. Weasley when the girls came in. Hermione took over for her and Mrs. Weasley began to cook breakfast.

“Ginny? Why don’t you go and ask Harry if he would rather have waffles and sausage or pancakes and bacon?”

“Alright,” she said and ran up the steps to the highest room in the house apart from the attic. She knocked quietly and asked if she could come in.

“Yeah that’s fine,” said Harry’s voice from the other side of the door. He does sound upset, Ginny thought to herself. She opened the door to find Ron fully dressed and Harry still in his boxers with a towel in hand, wet hair hanging from his face. “Hey, Gin. What’s up?” Harry did look as though he’d been crying but seeing as he had showered she couldn’t be sure. He and Ron both looked upset however.

“Harry what’s wrong? Did you have another dream about Sirius?” Ginny asked. Her face was full of concern.

“Not exactly....it was about you.”

“Me?”

“Harry, I’m going to head downstairs, okay?” Ron told him. Harry waved him away and gestured for Ginny to take a seat on his bed.

“Are you going to tell me what happened?”

Harry recounted his dream once more, as best he could. Once or twice he had to pause to keep his tears from escaping the safe haven of his eyes. When he had finished, he wiped the single tear that had stained Ginny’s face with his thumb.

“So you know what I have to do now, right?” Harry asked her, continuing to caress her cheek. She shook her head in response. By the look on Harry’s face Ginny didn’t think she wanted the words to come. When they did she was sure of it. “I have to break up with you Gin.”

“No, Harry. I wont let you.”

“Ginny I’ve told you about the prophecy.... You know what’s he’ll do. Voldemort will use you to get to me. I can’t let that happen! I won’t Ginny!”

Ginny felt as though she was going to implode. “Harry, I would rather die for you than spend the rest of my life without you by my side.”

“Ginny I won’t watch you die. I can’t let you sacrifice yourself for me. I just won’t let you!”

They were silent for a time. After a while Ginny spoke, and when she did the words came as a shock to Harry. “Then you better kill him first. ‘Cause I’m not going to live without you. I love you Harry.”

Harry gave a half-hearted laugh at this. “Ron was right! He said you wouldn’t let me die for you either.” He looked at her and whispered, “I love you too, Ginny.” Before he could lean in all the way and kiss her, Ginny pulled away.

“My brother knows a lot more than you’d expect, huh?” she smiled and her lips met Harry’s once again in a long and passionate kiss.

Harry pulled away to look at her. “Why did you come up here in the first place? I’m sure it wasn’t for this conversation.”

“Oh yeah! Mum wanted me to ask you whether you wanted pancakes or waffles for breakfast.”

“You pick. I don’t mind.”

“Waffles it is. I’ll meet you downstairs...” Ginny got up to leave. As she got to the door she turned back and looked at Harry’s bare chest and boxers with a playful smile on her face, and added, “...with you clothes on.”




~AN: What do ya think? Please tell! R&R, I’ll love u for it! Quote from the next chapter: Shut up, Lupin and take it! -Sirius’s will.
The Party...and a Little Bit More... by Lady Snuffles
Author's Notes:
Harry is having a party and finally, having a good time, but....where are Ron and Hermione?


Disclaimer: They aren’t mine and they never will be. There I said it....happy now???



Harry felt far more cheerier after his morning talk with Ginny. She would always love him, no matter what; he knew that now. That fact was no longer a hope lingering inside of him. It was real and now he was at peace.

The rest of the day was all fun and games. Beating up Dolores Umbridge’s head with a bludger bat was the highlight of the celebration in Harry’s opinion, (next to the “Pin the Abnormally Large Nose onto Snape’s Face” game, anyways). Harry couldn’t have been happier. When it came time to unwrap presents Harry was excited to see the mound of gifts waiting for him. He opened them quickly but not too eagerly. Apart from Ginny’s gift (invisible ink) and Ron’s (He Flew Like a Madman by: Kennilworthy Whisp), Harry’s favorite present was from Hermione. The gift was wrapped in gold paper with a scarlet ribbon tied around it. As Harry ripped the paper away he found a soft, black leather book in his hands. On the front, etched in gold writing were the words:

There’s a miracle of friendship that
Dwells within the heart
And you don’t know how it happens
Or where it gets its start
But the happiness it brings you
Always gives a special lift
And you realize that friendship
Is life’s most perfect gift.


Harry opened the cover and found a photograph of Ron, Hermione, and himself sitting on the front steps of Hogwarts in their first year of school. This was only the first of many, many smiling faces on the numerous pages of the book. The photo album had pictures of the trio and other friends from over the last five years. It was, needless to say, a perfect present.

Now there was only one gift left. It was a small parcel about the size of Harry’s balled up fist. The box was wrapped hastily in thin brown paper. Harry took great care with this gift even though he didn’t know what was inside, or who it was from. It just felt special in his hands.

Inside the box Harry found a note with Sirius’s handwriting on it. It read:

Harry,

If you are reading this then I must be dead. I only hope that I died a hero.... someone you’ll remember. Someone you loved. I know that we never got to spend a lot of time together. For that I apologize. Please Harry, cherish the time that we spent together, as I cherished it. I believe that there is life after death and there, I do think, we will see each other again. Take your time getting there though. I don’t want to see you here for at least seventy, no, no, eighty long years. Live your life to its fullest every day. You only get one chance at doing so. I love you Harry.

I’m always with you,
Sirius


Harry read and reread the letter. He looked up to see everyone staring at his freely falling tears. Wiping them away, slightly embarrassed, Harry looked into the box. Another note was inside with Sirius’s handwriting upon it. He read through it once then read aloud, tear free. Joyful even. Sirius always knew how to lift the mood. Even if he wasn’t there to do it himself, he’d find a way.

Dear Anyone Reading,
My will is as follows:

Moony (a.k.a. Remus Lupin): I give you fifteen percent of the Black Family fortune and the deed to my house (a.k.a. #12 Grimmauld Place). Shut up, Lupin and take it!


Here Lupin was about to say that it was too much for him, but Sirius always knew what people were going to say next, so he wrote that ahead of time.

You heard me. (Or read me?) Who else is going to take it? (Well, anyone would, but you’re the only one I trust.) And you need a house...get over it. I also grant you legal guardianship over Harry. As I said (Or wrote?), shut up and take it. I know the Weasley’s would be happy to take Harry in, but you also need someone to look after besides yourself......and they already have enough children. (No offense, Molly). So take Harry out of that sinkhole he goes to every summer, and have him live with you.

Harry (a.k.a. Harry Potter): I leave you thirty-five percent of my fortune. (Yes, I know, I know, you have your parents’ savings too, but what’s wrong with a little extra cash in your pockets?) Since Lupin has your legal guardianship you will always have a room at Number Twelve. Remember that no one is forcing you to be anywhere you don’t want to be (though I think Lupin might need you at some point or other), you will never have to stay there. I also want you to take care of Buckbeak. He deserves some fresh air, so don’t keep him locked up all the time. Just take him for a ride every once in a while. He’ll like that. Other than that, anything else that belonged to your parents’, is yours. Just as it should be.

Molly and Arthur (a.k.a. Mr. And Mrs. Weasley) I leave you fifteen percent of my fortune also. (And Molly, stop muttering to yourself about how much it is. You and I both know you can put it to good use.)


Sure enough, Mrs. Weasley was muttering something to herself along the lines of “too much.” She blushed and asked Harry to continue reading.

It should be enough to send at least twenty more Weasley children through all seven years at Hogwarts, so I daresay you will live a fair life from this point forward. You of all people deserve the best. Molly you may also have any Kitchen/House-hold supplies from my house...(Lupin’s House?)...God knows that you’ll get better use from them than Remus would. (He doesn’t cook too well, and because of that “furry little problem” of his, he prefers his food raw anyways).

Weasley Children (a.k.a. Ginny, Ron, Fred, George, Charlie, and Bill), I leave you each five percent of the Black Family Fortune. Spend it wisely. (That means you, Fred and George). Don’t try to spend it all in one shot.....(too much stuff to carry).

The Brightest Witch of Her Age (a.k.a. Hermione Granger) I leave you the last five percent of my fortune and all of the books in my library. I know that they will go to good use with you.

Tonks (a.k.a. Nymphadora) If there are any of your mother’s belongings in my house they are yours to keep....Make sure you take anything that I wouldn’t want to look at either. Liven it up for me a little. Be happy!

I think that’s everything.

Oh wait!

Dumbledore (a.k.a. ...Dumbledore?) Anything that seems important enough to take out of the house for (you know what business) please feel free. Be sure to ask Remus if he wouldn’t mind having the “You Know What” meetings there still...his decision now.

Now I’m sure that’s everything: thirty-five to Harry, fifteen to Moony, fifteen to Weasley adults, five to Hermione, five to Ginny, five to Ron, five to Fred, five to George, five to Charlie, and five to Bill. Sounds right to me. Don’t grieve for me but live it out. Be happy that I can finally run free (on two legs or four)...fleas and all!

I’m always here,
~Padfoot (a.k.a. Snuffles {a.k.a. Sirius Black})


As Harry finished, everyone was stuck inside their own thoughts. The best thing Sirius gave away was his life of fun and games. He laughed at life. Harry thought. And so will I.

~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~

As Harry’s party continued, the mood lightened up a little. Everyone was having a good time by the end. At about five to ten Harry noticed something missing, or someone. Finally realizing what it was, he nearly smacked himself on the forehead. Neither Ron nor Hermione were in the living room with the rest of the guests. Ginny found Harry with the same thing in mind as she did.

“I saw them run out to the broom shed about five minutes ago,” she told him. A short pause, then a wry smile. “Why don’t we go upstairs and I’ll give you a real birthday kiss?”

“I don’t think so!” Harry said happily. Ginny looked disheveled.

“Oh...alright. I just thought you might want to...”

“Oh! No Ginny, that’s not what I meant at all. I was just going to say that I would rather do that right here.” With those words Harry took Ginny in his arms locked her lips onto his and tilted her back until her head was about a foot from the ground. Standing up straight again, Harry and Ginny could hear the applause going on around them.

“History is repeating itself!” Harry heard Lupin say from behind him. “And it’s about time too! Happy Birthday Harry!”

Harry looked at Ginny. There was happiness and beauty swirling around in her big brown eyes. It really is a Happy Birthday, he thought. Even if Sirius isn’t here to celebrate it with me.

As the guests, that weren’t staying at the Burrow, began to leave, Ginny edged Harry towards the stairs to her bedroom.

“I haven’t given you your birthday present yet Harry,” she reminded him before pushing him along.

“Sure you did....I got invisible ink and a revealer from you.” He was very confused until she stopped him.

“Not that present,” she urged him.

“Oh. Oh! That present! Well I suppose we should go and get it then.” Mr. Weasley looked suspiciously at them as they ran up the stairs. Harry might have said the last part a little too loud to be normal.

Once upstairs, Ginny shut the door and kissed Harry on the lips right where they stood. Their legs gave out and they collapsed onto the furry lime green rug in the middle of the floor; kissing as if they would never see each other again. Minutes maybe even hours went by unaccounted for. Still, they were kissing.

Since they were still kissing, they didn’t hear the door click and creak open. The person opening the door, however, saw them on the floor, wrapped in each other’s arms.

“Um...Harry? We need to talk.”




I’m always here,
~Padfoot (a.k.a. Snuffles {a.k.a. Sirius Black})


Hermione couldn’t get it out of her mind. He’s gone.....He’s really gone. She let silent tears fall from her face. She felt Ron’s arm around her and she curled up into him.

“It’s okay,” he told her. “I miss him too. We all do.” They stood like that for God knows how long. Hermione sniffling into Ron’s chest; Ron holding her and rubbing her back to comfort her. I will always be here to comfort her. Ron thought to himself. Always, no matter where we are.

By the time they rejoined the party, the atmosphere had picked up again. Everyone was talking to one another in happy conversation. The music had started up again and there were people dancing. Deciding that dancing wasn’t the best thing to do (especially to this music), Ron took Hermione over to the armchair and sat there with her on his lap.

“Ron? Will we always be like this?” she asked from the shoulder she was leaning against a few minutes later. He looked down at her confused. “Will we always be together?” she clarified.

“Why wouldn’t we?” Ron asked still confused. “Hermione I told you I love you and nothing will change that. I mean it.”

“That’s not what I meant Ron,” Hermione told him impatiently.

“What are you trying to say then?”

“Will we always have the time just to sit and be together? What if we never have another moment like this?” Hermione’ eyes began to water again when she said these next words. “Ron, what if we die?”

He held her closer and told her, “If we die....I will still love you. I believe in life after death. We’ll be together where ever we end up. And you know what?” Hermione took her face out of his shoulder to look at him. “I never want to miss another chance to be with you. I screwed up in the past and I want to fix it right now.” He leaned in and kissed her gently on the forehead. Ron heard the music subside to a slower beat and he looked at Hermione. “Would you like to dance?” he asked her.

She smiled a wonderful, beautiful smile. “I’d love to.”

As they danced, all they could think about was each other. They kept their mellow pace even when the music sped up once more. Neither Ron nor Hermione noticed when everyone else left the dance floor for cake and ice-cream. They just kept dancing wrapped in the other’s arms.

After a long while, Ron looked around and noticed that he and Hermione were the only ones in the room. He put his chin on the top of her head and whispered, “We’re all alone. No one’s watching. Would you like to go outside for some...uh...fresh air?” Hermione looked up at him and found a devilish grin on Ron’s face.

“Alright...I suppose, but what are we supposed to do in this fresh air?” she asked with the same fiendish look on her face.

“I don’t know...breathing? I guess you’ll have to trust me on this one won’t you?”

“I suppose I will.”

Ron led her by the hand out the back door. Neither of them noticed, but as they walked out, Ginny strode into the living room and saw them run towards the broom shed. Ginny thought she distinctly saw Ron fix a permanent locking charm on the door before entering. “What on earth are they doing in there?” she wondered aloud.

“Probably something they aren’t supposed to be doing,” said Tonks from behind Ginny. She was watching Ron and Hermione out the window too. She looks happy and disappointed at the same time. Is it possible to look that way? Ginny thought to herself this time. Apparently. Oh well. I better find Harry.

~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~

Hermione take a break, you need to breathe. Slow it down...there you go. And pull....Three. Two. One. She broke away from Ron’s warm face. That was harder than I thought it would be. Well maybe one more time.

Ron you’re overdoing it! Slow it down. But I don’t want to. Shouldn’t you make sure Hermione wants to? Well I suppose.....pull Ron pull. Yeah really, time to let go...Ron LET GO! Fine!
He looked at Hermione as he pulled away gently. She was pulling away too. I told you, that you overdid it! Wait she’s leaning back in....yes!

They kissed for a long time before they came back to the reality that they were in a broom shed. “Ron?” Hermione asked playfully. “Why did you bring me in here instead of say...your bedroom?”

“Well I actually have a few reasons for that.....One: No one comes out here after nine and I don’t share it with anyone so we have our privacy. Two: It’s quieter. We won’t be disturbed as easily. Three: It’s smaller which puts me closer to you. Four: Well to put it simply...It’s just more fun this way.” his answer was so factual that Hermione had to love him even more.

“You just think you’re so clever, huh?” she asked him even more playfully than the last question. “What makes you think I like private, quiet, close places like this anyways?”

“Because I know more about you than you think.”

“Name three things I wouldn’t expect you to know then,” she commanded.

He sat and thought. Then answered, “You love yellow roses, because red roses are just too sentimental and they make you cry.”

Hermione was astonished. She managed two words with difficultly. “Go on.”

“Let’s see....oh yes. You hate it when people shorten your name to ‘Mione. Or when only the first initial of your last name is used.”

Hermione nodded her head, still in awe. “Yeah. And?”

“I have one more....hmm. Oh! This is the best one.” He pause for a moment before speaking, laughing slightly. “In the third drawer down of your desk, you keep a diary underneath a purple folder. The folder has the words “Hogwarts: a History” written across it so no one else would think to look underneath it.”

“You’ve read my diary?!” Hermione exclaimed.

“No. I was only told about it....Do you really think I’m that thick? God Hermione, that would be completely deceitful. Never in a million years would I read your diary,” Ron said seriously. “Unless you told me I could of course,” he added.

“Who told you?” Hermione asked distractedly.

“Harry.”

“Why would Harry know where I keep my diary?”

“Simple...Ginny.”

Hermione fell silent for a while. “Ginny and Harry talk a lot don’t they?” she said after a moment of silence. More silence, then,“What was wrong with Harry this morning? Why was he so distraught about Ginny?”

Ron worried that this would come up. “Umm...I’m not supposed to say,” Ron replied a little embarrassed.

“What aren’t you supposed to tell me Ron?” Hermione asked a little more sternly this time.

“I PROMISED Harry that I wouldn’t tell you....He wants to be the one to tell you.”

“Well maybe I want you to tell me.”


“Hermione I can’t...”

“Tell me or I won’t kiss you again.” She sealed her lips tightly together. Hermione thought that she had him on that one but he held his ground.

“Hermione I would tell you if it didn’t mean crossing my barriers in Harry’s friendship. You know that.”

“Ron...I just want to know what’s going on,” she said concern.

Suddenly Ron went stock still. A shiver went down his body and Hermione could feel the chill coming off of him. He looked as if he had just watched someone get into a deadly accident. “You don’t, Hermione,” he told her. “You don’t want to know what’s going on.”

“Ron!” Hermione uttered urgently. “Why not? Please tell me. I need to understand what’s happened.” She hugged Ron close to her and he stammered off words that didn’t make much sense.

“I...Ginny ......and Harry....V-Vold-Voldemort,” His tongue-tied-ness was nothing but confusion to Hermione.

She took his face in both her hands and said, “Ron, calm down and breathe. What is going on?”

“Ginny is going to die because she loves Harry...V-Voldemort is going to kill her. Just because she can’t help who she loves. I’m scared for her.” He rattled off the words too fast and Hermione wasn’t quite sure if she had caught them all.

“Ron I still don’t understand.....how do you know that Ginny’s going to...what?”

“Let’s talk to Harry...he can explain it better than I can.”

~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~

“Hey Hermione, would it be alright if you talked to Harry alone tonight? I’m beat and I don’t really want to think about it right now.”

“Okay, Ron. I’ll see you in the morning alright?” she asked, kissing him on the cheek, and turning the handle on her bedroom door.

“Yeah, sounds good. Sweet Dreams,” he told her.

“You too.” She watched to make sure that he made it all the way to his bedroom before entering her room. When she opened the door, she was quite startled to find Harry and Ginny, kissing wildly, on the fury lime-green rug that led from the couch to the door. Ginny was completely on top of Harry, her legs straddled over him; Harry hands up the back of Ginny’s shirt.

The first thought that came to Hermione’s mind wasn’t even close to: What do they think they are doing in the middle of my bedroom. It was more along the lines of: How long is it going to take for Ron and me to be like that? Hermione then suddenly remembered that she needed to break up the couple for other reasons than going to bed peacefully.

“Um...Harry? We need to talk,” she said softly at first. Too softly. They didn’t hear her. “Harry?” she said it much louder that time. Loud enough to pull him and Ginny apart to look around and see who was talking to him.

“Uh.....hi, Hermione!” he said from below Ginny. He rolled out from underneath her, got up, and started walking towards the door. “I was just leaving. You probably need to talk with Ginny, huh? I’ll just close the door on my way out.”

“No. Actually, I need to talk to you, Harry,” she explained.

“Okay? Yeah....how about we go down to the kitchen?”

“Sure, that’s fine.”

“I’ll be back to say goodnight later. Okay, Gin?”

“Sure,” was all she managed before her ears started going red. She’s embarrassed. Ginny Weasley is embarrassed because I walked in on her. Me! Her best-friend! And she is embarrassed...she must really like him.

Harry led Hermione out the door by the elbow. Once down in the kitchen Hermione began speaking immediately.

“What was wrong this morning? How do you know Ginny is going to die? Why is Voldemort going to kill her? Do you really....”

“Hermione stop! I will tell you if you give me room to put a word in,” Harry interrupted. “I need you to calm down take a deep breath and keep an open mind.”

Hermione had to take many deep breaths during Harry’s lecture. This being the third time Harry told his story, he did it fluidly. The quicker he did it, the less his mind had to think about Ginny’s screams of agony. They had been ranting through his head all day and they wouldn’t leave him alone.

When he was done speaking, Hermione let out a little sigh. “Ron was right. Why does Ron always have to be right?” Hermione asked.

“What is he right about now?” Harry asked back, not sounding surprised.

“He told me I didn’t want to know. Harry, now I don’t want to know.” She suppressed her tears; she would not cry again tonight. Harry comforted her in a friendly hug.

“Ginny won’t leave me....”

“That was kind of obvious on your part,” Hermione said reminding Harry of how she found him upstairs. They laughed slightly, lightening the tension.

“I told her that it would be safer if we weren’t together, but she just wouldn’t hear of it. Ron was right about that too.” Harry thought for a moment. “How did you get Ron to tell you anyways?”

“I told him I wouldn’t kiss him again until he told me. Then he said that he promised you that he’d keep it a secret. Then he got the shakes and told me that I wouldn’t want to know. He didn’t really let on much. All I got out of it was that Ginny’s going to be killed by Voldemort because she loves you and...well...he’s scared for her.”

“Yeah, I know,” Harry admitted dully. “But there’s nothing I can do. I just need to kill Voldemort before he gets a chance at us.”

“Harry? I’m scared,” Hermione whispered. “What if we die?” she asked the question for the second time today hoping for an answer that involved living.

“I won’t let that happen,” Harry told her. “I will kill before anyone comes close to hurting you, Ginny, or Ron. Anyone at all!”

Hermione hugged him. “I hope you’ll never have to do that,” she whispered again.

“I’m going to say goodnight to Ginny and go to bed. Are you coming?”

“Not right now. I think I’ll help myself to some leftover birthday cake...I’m craving it.”

“Ok, then....night.”

“Good night. Happy Birthday, Harry.”

On his way upstairs he could have sworn he heard Hermione let out a few muffled sobs, but maybe he was just imagining it. When he reached Ginny’s door he knocked softly as he opened it. Ginny was fast asleep on the couch. He walked over to the couch and picked her up. He placed Ginny on her bed and covered her in the blankets at the end of it. He kissed her softly on the head, crossed the room and left.

Harry climbed into his bed and was almost afraid to fall asleep. All Harry could think about were Ginny’s screams of terror. He forced himself into thinking sweet thoughts of Ginny, sleeping soundly in her bed a few flights of stairs away. He closed his eyes and drifted into a peaceful sleep. Ginny and Harry were flying over the countryside on Harry’s Firebolt, just enjoying the sunset.

When he awoke the next morning the first thing Harry thought of was how beautiful Ginny looked in the twilight of the evening in his dream. The second was how radiant she looked sitting at the edge of his bed in her green pajama pants and blue tank-top.

“How long have you been watching me sleep?” Harry asked suspiciously.

“Only a few minutes,” Ginny lied with a grin. More like an hour but whatever, he gets the picture. “Fancy some breakfast?”

“Sure,” Harry mumbled looking at her lovingly.

“Pancakes or waffles?” She asked the same question that she asked the previous morning.

“You pick,” Harry told her the same answer in return.

“Pancakes...I feel a change in the wind.”

“I’ll be down in a minute.”

“Alright.” Harry watched Ginny’s small figure walk out the door and down the stairs. “I love you!” Ginny called out after she had descended about ten steps.

“I love you too!” Harry hollered after her. Then he whispered to himself this time, “I love you too.”

~AN: Lots of fluff I know...but I need to get all the important info in before Hogwarts....anyways here’s a quote from the next chappie: “...Harry you haven’t told him yet have you?” Hermione clued in halfway through her statement. “Harry! Sometimes I wonder about where your brain goes.....” Get’s you antsy doesn’t it? Read and Review, I’ll respond to everyone! And thanks goes to my awesomely awesome big sis, Natalie for her great “critisizm”, and for helping me overcome my apostrophe-phobia! ;o)
Just Between the Four (Five) of Us by Lady Snuffles
Author's Notes:
Great Uncle Walter died!!!! On Ginny’s birthday too. With Ron and Ginny off to the funeral, Harry and Hermione find themselves free to talk with one another for the first time in weeks.


Disclaimer: I DON’T OWN HARRY POTTER; I just really, really like it!!!!



“Ginny? Wake up. Ginny? Ginny! Come on; get out of bed!” Ginny could see the outline of a tall, messy haired boy standing over her.

“Harry, what’s going on?” she yawned. Ginny looked over at the clock then out the window. “Harry, it’s four-thirty....the sun’s not even up yet.”

“Well that’s the point isn’t it? You mentioned that you wanted to see the sunrise this morning, so you’re going to see this sunrise whether you like it or not. Up! Out of bed. Let’s go.”

Ginny was tired, but still pleasantly surprised. “Harry? Why can’t you make the sun rise later?” she asked sarcastically pulling the covers over her face.

“Because then I would never get you out of bed....Get up!” Harry pulled the covers off of Ginny and completely and dragged her out of bed.

“Alright, alright, I’m up. Harry, I’m up!” she hissed at him groggily. “Let me put some clothes on and I’ll meet you in the kitchen.”

“If you aren’t downstairs in three minutes I’m coming back up here. Even if you aren’t dressed, I’m going to throw you over my shoulder and march to the top of that hill. I don’t care if you’re kicking and screaming the whole way there. You’re not going to miss this, and you’re definitely not going back to bed!” Harry warned with a devilish smile and a playfully, scolding finger. And with those words, he left. Ginny had to work double time to get downstairs quickly. Less than two minutes later she came down from her room fully dressed in her Muggle clothes.

“I left a note for anyone who wakes up early and finds us missing.”

“Sounds good to me,” Ginny told him.

Another two minutes and Ginny and Harry were wrapped in his invisibility cloak, flying on Harry’s broom to the top of Stoatshead Hill.

Once there, Harry laid out the blanket where they would sit and wait for the sun to come up. All the colors blurred together as if it was raining on the sky. It was, in Ginny’s opinion, the best gift she could have been given.

“Thank you, Harry,” Ginny said.

“For what? This was your idea.”

“But you made it happen. You took me out here. You’re here with me and we are watching the most beautiful thing I have ever seen.”

“Well, if this is the most beautiful thing you have ever seen, then you must not have looked into the mirror recently. You are the most beautiful thing I have ever laid eyes on,” Harry complimented. This scattered all of Ginny’s thoughts; she could not come up with any words to say in return.

“I...uh...um...”

“I love you, Ginny.”

Gaining control of her mind again she said, “I love you too, Harry, more than anything in the world.”

“Happy Birthday, Gin.” They waited and watched until the sun rose to it’s full, morning potential before heading back to the Burrow.




“Alright, alright, I’m up. Harry; I’m up!” Hermione woke to the sound of Ginny and Harry’s voices in hushed conversation. “Let me put some clothes on and I’ll meet you in the kitchen.”

“If you aren’t downstairs in three minutes I’m coming back up here. Even if you aren’t dressed, I’m going to throw you over my shoulder and march to the top of that hill. I don’t care if you’re kicking and screaming the whole way there. You’re not going to miss this, and you’re definitely not going back to bed!” Hermione saw Harry leave through the door with a wide grin and watched Ginny go to her closet. She changed quickly and barely brushed through her hair.

After Ginny left, Hermione took her time getting out of bed. She wasn’t quite sure if she was still tired enough to go back to sleep. All of her brain energy began to work at the same time, and all she could do was think. What are they up to at four thirty in the morning?

With her mind fully awake but her body not quite as far along, she walked down the stairs unsteadily. Still tired, she managed to make herself a bowl of cereal and pour a glass of orange juice.

As she ate her cereal, Hermione noticed that there was a note in the middle of the table. It read:

Hermione and Weasley’s,
Ginny and I went to Stoatshed Hill this morning to see the sunrise for her birthday. We’ll be back no later than quarter to six, for breakfast. See you soon.

Harry


“I hope Ron does something like that for my birthday,” Hermione thought aloud before taking another spoonful.

“What do you hope I do?” Hermione heard Ron’s tired voice from behind her. He walked over and kissed her on the cheek. Since Hermione’s mouth was now full of cereal she pointed to the note on the table.

Ron read it then said, “Harry is becoming almost too sentimental. Ginny is really growing on him.” Ron thought about the remark he just made and then stated, “Strike that. Ginny grew on him before Harry knew he liked her.”

At this Ron and Hermione laughed. She has the most beautiful laugh. And her smile is so perfect, it makes me want to....

Ron’s thoughts were interrupted by a tapping noise at the window. He walked over to the window and opened it. A large, tawny owl swooped into the kitchen and dropped a letter on the middle of the table over Harry’s note, and flew back out the window again. Only one word was written on it. Urgent.

Without a second thought, Ron opened the envelope. Inside of it there was a letter folded in half with the name Molly etched across it in long loopy letters.

Making sure it stayed perfectly folded, Ron ran up the stairs to find his mother half way down them. “Mum! This letter said “urgent” so I opened it. It’s for you...”

“Thank you, Ron,” she told him. Mrs. Weasley opened the letter and began reading. Her face became as colorless and blank as the piece of white parchment in her hand. Her eyes, cold as stone.

“Mum what’s wrong?” Ron asked.

“Uncle Walter,” she squeaked. Then she began to sob. “Your G-Great Uncle W-Walter died last night.”

“How?” Ron asked full of concern.

“He d-d-died in his sleep. All signs lead t-to old age,” she whispered. Unexpectedly, Mrs. Weasley swung around and climbed back up the stairs to her bedroom, shutting the door softly behind her.

~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~


Mrs. Weasley was distraught. “Happy B-b-birthday, G-Ginny,” she sobbed to her only daughter, when Ginny and Harry entered through the back door. She tried to hide her anguish with a smile at which Harry thought she failed dreadfully.

“Mum! What’s happened? What’s wrong?” Ginny asked. “Is it Percy again?”

“N-No, dear. It’s n-not P-P-Percy,” she seemed to sob harder.

“What happened then, Mum?”

“M-my Uncle W-W-Walter d-died in his sleep last n-night. They f-found his body this m-morning,” Mrs. Weasley wailed. “I haven’t sp-spoken to him in almost a year.”

“It’s okay, Mum. When is his funeral?”

“T-Tomorr-row and T-T-Tuesd-day,” she said between sobs. With all her efforts, she asked Ginny to go and pack her things so that the Weasley’s could go and pay their respects to Great Uncle Walter.

~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~

“Thanks for staying Remus,” Mr. Weasley said to Lupin a few hours later.

“It’s not a problem at all. It’ll be good to be with Harry for a while. I needed a chance to talk with him anyways,” Lupin said.

“Well, we will be back late Tuesday evening,” said Mr. Weasley in a very businesslike tone.

“Sounds good to me. Harry, Hermione and I will keep the place spotless. That way Molly won’t need to do anything but relax when she comes home,” said Lupin responsibly.

Harry gave Ginny a goodbye kiss. “Some birthday, huh?” he asked her.

“Harry, this morning you made it better than I ever imagined it could be,” she answered.

“I know you’ve had better birthdays than this so stop sucking up to me,” Harry retorted. One last, swift kiss and Ginny, along with the rest of the Weasley’s disappeared through the fireplace.

~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~

“Harry?” Harry turned to see Hermione standing at his door.

“Yeah? What’s up?”

“Um...Can we talk?” she questioned.

“Well I suppose...as long as we’re still allowed to do that,” they laughed. Harry thought it was funny that he and Hermione hadn’t spoken to one another since the night of his birthday. Before they were dating each other’s best friends they could chat all they wanted with the other. But naturally, they didn’t have time to speak at all now. Harry thought the only reason that he and Ron spoke at all any more was because they shared a room.

“Good! Because we have a lot to talk about.”

“We do?” Harry was confused.

“Yes we do. I have a theory about what “it” is.”

“What’s “it”?” asked a voice from the doorway. Harry looked up to see Lupin standing in the room, looking just as confused as he was. “I came up here to talk with Harry and I heard something about an “it.” Elaborate for me, please. An “It” is never good,” Lupin joked.

“We were talking about Harry’s dream, the one he......Harry you haven’t told him yet have you?” Hermione clued in halfway through her statement. “Harry! Sometimes I wonder about where your brain goes.....”

“I was going to tell him, but I haven’t had the chance to yet,” Harry replied truthfully. “I’m not writing that in a letter so don’t try going there with me.”

“Harry? What dream?” Lupin sounded almost too interested. He was eager to stop the argument between Harry and Hermione quickly.

Since Harry had been over it so many times in his head for the past week and a half, he could now keep his voice controlled and steady when he retold his nightmare. After he finished his account, Harry recounted the conversation he had with Ron, and then the one with Ginny, and made sure to express how she refused to leave him.

“Harry, this is serious...do the Weasley’s or anyone else know about this?” Lupin asked after he was sure Harry was finished.

“No. It’s just between the five of us now,” Hermione said.

“What do you think “it” is?” Lupin asked Hermione, remembering the whole reason she was there in the first place.

“Oh! Well...this is just a theory remember...I think it has to do with Dumbledore. Yeah, I know, a pretty vague accusation, but I think it has to do with something Dumbledore is going to tell you.” At this she looked directly at Harry. “Something that maybe can help you with the final battle. Not necessarily a weapon, but more along the lines of, for lack of a better word, a key, or even a missing piece of something. Like, to open something of great importance to the other side. Or maybe to complete something.” Even though it was an extremely vague theory, Hermione was very proud of it.

“But what piece is missing? And from what?” Harry asked when she was finished.

“Or what key to which lock?” Lupin noted.

“That is where Dumbledore comes in,” Hermione answered. “I don’t have a clue from this point forward.”

“Neither do I,” said Harry.

“And I suppose we won’t see him until we are back at Hogwarts?” she inquired to Lupin. He shook his head widely.

“He’s too busy to even drop by headquarters these days.”

“I’m going to go start dinner; I’ll let you two talk,” Hermione said, out of the blue.

“Alright,” said Lupin. After she left, he said, “I need to talk to you about Sirius’s will.”

Harry thought this would be coming soon, so he was prepared for this conversation. Before Lupin could say another word, Harry said, “Lupin, I love staying with the Weasley’s, but I’m not at home here. I don’t think I ever will be. And everyone knows the Dursley’s will never be my home either. I need to go...no, I want to go with you. I need somewhere I can call home, apart from Hogwarts. Grimmauld Place, with you, might be just what I need. I have to find out, for the both of us. I want to give it a shot.”

Lupin nodded, letting out a slow breath; clasping his hands together he said, “Good. Since we’ve now covered just about everything I was going to say...” he paused shortly, then continued, “I think that you should stay here until school starts. Then, over Christmas Break come to Number Twelve?”

“I think that’s one of the best ideas I’ve heard in a long time.”

“I’m glad.”

“Me too.”

~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~

Tuesday morning Harry woke to find an envelope on his stomach. He looked at Ron’s bed to find it occupied by Hermione. She was sitting up, on top of his covers, fully dressed, staring at an envelope in her hands, similar to the one on top of Harry. Her’s was also unopened.


“Hermione?” Harry asked groggily. “What are these?”

As if she had been waiting for that exact question, Hermione immediately answered, “It’s our O.W.L.s! ....Harry I can’t open it.” She motioned to her envelope. “Open your’s first.” Harry tore the end of his open and spilled the contents out onto his bed. He picked up the first letter. It explained the O.W.L.s and the whole grading system. The second sheet had his grades and the third was the supplies list for sixth year students at Hogwarts. Harry read through his grades once and read them aloud a second time for Hermione to hear.

Outstanding = Defense Against the Dark Arts; Care of Magical Creatures

Exceeds Expectations = Transfiguration; Potions; Herbology; Charms; Astronomy

Acceptable = Divination

Poor = N/A

Dreadful = History of Magic

Troll = N/A


When Harry finished Hermione looked reassured. She opened her letter slowly looked at the parchment and smiled widely. “Eleven Outstanding’s! Harry, ALL ELEVEN!” Hermione ran to Harry and hugged him. Then, she skipped to her room yelling “eleven” at the top of her lungs, leaving a very sleepy but very happy Harry alone on his bed.

~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~

Later that night the Weasley family returned to the Burrow. Lupin left after only a few short words with Mr. Weasley. Mrs. Weasley looked like she had been riding the Knight Bus for an entire week. Her hair was pulled out at odd angles and she was as white as a ghost. She walked around aimlessly, not really paying attention to where she was going.

Harry, and Hermione had prepared dinner for when everyone came home, so they could all sit and enjoy a good meal together. Bill and Charlie had come home for the funeral and were staying until Thursday afternoon. Percy went to the funeral too, but stayed aloof, not talking to any of the Weasley’s and most of the Prewett’s. Fred and George were home for dinner but would be going back to their shop for the night.

After dinner, Harry, Hermione, Ginny and Ron snook onto the roof to talk about “it.” They all had many theories, but each seemed less likely than the one before. When they had exhausted every possible theory, they decided to turn in for the night, and think of sweeter things while they slept.

~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~

The next day, Mr. And Mrs. Weasley brought Ron, Ginny, Harry, and Hermione to Diagon Alley to buy their school supplies for the new year. Their first stop was Gringotts. Everyone except Harry withdrew a part of Sirius’s fund. Harry took out his own money deciding that he didn’t want to know exactly how much Sirius had left him. He could just feel the guilt building in his chest. He couldn’t spend Sirius’s money quite yet.

Moving from store to store, they spent the day in one large group. The trip was basically average and nearly uneventful. “Nearly,” meaning one thing in particular was interesting.

While coming out of the Apothecary, Ron tripped over the doorframe knocking into Ginny, who dropped her Potions’ ingredients, which tumbled down Diagon Alley, making almost everyone in front of the shop trip and fall.

Everyone except Mr. And Mrs. Weasley were laughing. At least Mr. Weasley was trying not to laugh as he helped the surrounding witches and wizards onto their feet. Ron apologized many times to everyone that had fallen. The group from the Burrow called Ron “Graceful” (and “Grace” for short) for the rest of the day, adding little comments like, “...there’s a door there.” and “Look out for that wall over there.” whenever they could. Quite often, someone would point to a street lamp two blocks away, reminding Ron not to walk into it.

When they arrived back at the Burrow a few hours later, supper was served and everyone went to their rooms. At least, Ron and Ginny went to their rooms. Harry and Hermione switched rooms for awhile because of, well, obvious reasons.

~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~

Ginny sat on her bed; Harry sat on the sofa. They looked into the other’s eyes deciding who should move to the other first. “I’d come over there but then you might tempt me to do something you might not like,” said Harry with a slight sarcasm ringing in his voice.

“Who says I wouldn’t like it?” Ginny said slightly more sarcastically, getting up and walking over to Harry. Sitting on his lap she said much more seriously, “I don’t expect you to go that far with me for a long, long time. At least five more years.”

“I can wait that long if that’s what you want...but only if that’s what you want, mind you. You’re worth it but five years is a mighty long time.”

“That’s just too bad for you then isn’t it?” Ginny smiled at him and kissed him gently on the lips.

Harry pulled away and answered, “I can live with it I guess.” Then he kissed her back. Time flew by in that kiss....It always did when they were together like that. The next thing they knew, it was after one o’clock and Hermione was knocking on the door.

“Hey, you two? I need to get to sleep, I’m exhausted. Can you put whatever your doing on hold?” she asked through the door.

Ginny’s answer was muffled through the kiss Harry was still giving her. “Shur, alrigh...” Ginny and Harry stood up and walked to the door still kissing as Hermione sauntered in. Almost painfully, Harry pulled away.

“Goodnight,” he whispered.

“‘Night,” Ginny responded in a very girlish tone, giggling slightly. “I love you.”

“I Love you too. ‘Night, Hermione.”

“Good night, Harry.”

A peck on the cheek to Ginny and a small wave at Hermione, and Harry was up the steps in a flash, praying not to get caught by Mr. or worse Mrs. Weasley in their daughter’s bedroom.

Ginny shut the door and looked at Hermione sitting on her bed.

“What was that?” Hermione blurted out. “‘Night,’” said Hermione mocking Ginny’s goodbye to Harry while slightly overdoing Ginny’s giggles and even twisting her hair around her finger to prove her point. “That was pathetic!” Hermione scoffed. “What did he do to make you so infatuated? Wait! Do I want to know?”

Ginny flopped down on her bed. “He told me that I’m worth it, Hermione.” Ginny lifted her head to look over at her best friend across the room. Hermione looks really funny when she’s confused. Ginny explained more in-depth about her earlier conversation with Harry and tried to block out Hermione’s confusion.

“Do you really think that you’ll be with him that long?” Hermione asked after Ginny was done.

“Hermione, I know so. I know Harry is going to be mine forever. And I’ll be his. We’re in this for life.” And with that, Ginny rolled over hugging her pillow, and Hermione turned out the light.




~AN: Aww, how sweet? Sorry ‘bout all the fluff. Since we are on our way to Hogwarts the fluff will start going down. Angst will gradually go up too. Review PLEASE!!!! Quote from the next chapter: “OH MY GOD! I’m scarred for life!” -Ginny
Home Sweet Home by Lady Snuffles
Author's Notes:
The Hogwart’s Express is finally on its way....will the sorting hat have another warning for us? And who is the new DADA professor this year? (You’ll never guess.) ;o)


Disclaimer: I don’t own Harry Potter, and sadly...I never will.



“Ron! For the hundredth time, wake up!” Harry was standing at the side of Ron’s bed yelling into his ear.

“C’mon.....jus’ one more donu’,” Ron mumbled to Harry still not awake.

“Hermione!” Harry yelled at the top of his lungs. Ten seconds later Hermione’s head popped through the door way. “Can you do...whatever it is you do, to get him out of bed?”

“Oh sure!” she said cheerfully. Hermione walked over to the sleeping Ron and bent over him, whispering something into his ear that Harry couldn’t quite make out. Whatever it was, it worked, because the next second Ron was wide awake looking at Hermione in awe.

Slowly, it dawned on Ron that he was no longer asleep; the smile faded from his face, replaced by a playful frown, “You know, I hate it when you do that. You made me get my hopes up!”

“Well it was either me whispering that little wish in your ear or Bill coming up here and hexing you so you’ll never sleep again,” said Hermione in a tone that Harry thought was meant to be stern but sounded nothing remotely close to it.

“Thanks, Hermione,” Harry told her as she turned to leave.

“My pleasure,” she said. With a wink and a skip, she disappeared through the door.

Since when does Hermione skip? Harry thought to himself. “Well, now that your awake will you please get dressed and get your things downstairs before your mum has a bloody conniption?” Harry asked Ron.

“I suppose.” After he got dressed, Ron brought his trunk and owl into the kitchen. This year, everyone was being transported to King’s Cross Station by a portkey so the entire group was stationed around the kitchen table waiting to leave.

“Now, are you all ready?” Mrs. Weasley asked at nearly quarter to ten. “We’re going to get you all there early this year.”

“Does everybody have hold of the mop?” Bill asked after sending their luggage ahead of them. “Here we go. Three...Two...One!”

Harry felt the, by now, very familiar feeling pulling behind his navel. After the whirl of color Harry was surprised to find himself standing up. He was one of the few who did. Helping Ginny off her back she asked, “Can you teach me to do that?”

“To be honest, I have no idea how I managed it,” he answered.

~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~

At ten to eleven Harry, Hermione, and the rest of the Weasley’s said their goodbyes.

“Make sure you all stay out of trouble this year. And be sure to write; I want to know how you’re doing and that everyone is alright,” Mrs. Weasley requested tearfully. “Harry, Hermione, that includes you too. Do you hear me?” she asked in her most motherly tone.

“Yes ma’am,” they answered simultaneously.

While Mrs. Weasley was preoccupied with Ginny and Hermione, Bill whispered to Harry and Ron, “Please keep the mischief to a minimum...I don’t know how much more Mum can take from either of you.”

“We’ll try our hardest,” Ron said giving Bill a hug.

“I won’t look for it, that’s for sure,” Harry told Bill shaking his hand firmly.

With a last hug from Mrs. Weasley, both she and Bill headed home. The four Gryffindors found an empty compartment on the train headed for their home away from home: Hogwarts.

~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~

“Are the perfects coming back anytime soon?” Ginny asked Harry for what must have been the millionth time. No matter how many times she said it the words always came out differently.

“If you’re referring to Ron and Hermione as the perfects, instead of the prefects, then I really couldn’t tell you, Gin,” Harry answered. “You aren’t still sour about not getting prefect are you?”

“For the final time, Harry. I did-not want to-be a-prefect! And besides, I don’t want Fred and George calling me a prat like they do Percy. Do you really think I want to have anything in common with Percy?”

“Well obviously not,” Harry answered. “Why do you want Ron and Hermione to come back so quickly anyways? Aren’t you having fun with me?”

“Well, we were having fun until they came in here,” Ginny said pointing over to Neville and Luna who had fallen asleep next to each other on the seat. “It’s not like we can do anything we want with them in here.”

“I can’t help that,” he retorted watching her get up. “Where are you going?”

“I’m going to um....go look for Ron and Hermione,” she answered, obviously lying.

“Do you really not like me that much?”

“You are really bad at figuring out the obvious aren’t you?” Ginny said looking at Harry expectantly. Was there ever a book written on how to interpret women’s actions? Harry thoughtfully questioned. He was completely lost. Much to Harry’s relief, Ginny continued, “And while I’m looking for them, I could look for an empty compar...”

“Oh! Oh, yeah! Sure,” Harry interrupted. He followed behind her and out the door. In the first compartment they passed was Colin Creevey. He was wearing the Gryffindor prefect’s badge.

“Hey, Ginny? If Colin’s a prefect why isn’t he at the meeting?” Harry asked her before they moved on.

“Not sure. Oi, Colin!” he turned from his conversation with fellow fifth years.

“Oh! Hi, Ginny. Harry. What can I do for you?”

“When did the prefect’s meeting let out?”

“Um. Probably ‘bout two hours ago,” he answered.

“Okay. Thanks, Colin.” After walking away, Harry asked, “So where do you suppose those perfects are?”

“Good question. Let’s find out.” Ginny wore the same adventurous smile that she had the night Ron and Hermione had laid everything out on the table.

Room after room they searched and searched. At nearly the back of the train Harry and Ginny found a compartment with the blinds down. “Do you think it’s them?” Harry asked Ginny.

“I’m not sure, but it’s worth a shot.” She slowly cracked open the door so they didn’t disturb whoever it was in the compartment if it wasn’t Ron and Hermione.

“OH MY GOD! I’m scarred for life!” Ginny all but screamed. Sure enough, Ron and Hermione were in the compartment, but they were also in each other’s arms wrapped in the most unsightly kiss anyone had ever witnessed. When Ginny’s panic reached the ears of the embraced couple, Ron and Hermione came to and realized that there were two unwelcome people in their compartment. Ron’s face went blank and Hermione blushed furiously.

Ron seemed to recover first. “Harry! A word please. Outside.” He sounded uncomfortably like Mr. Weasley. Harry, however, was already in the hallway, due to his girlfriend’s reaction. He found Ginny’s response so amusing his legs couldn’t hold his shaking body from the laughter, and he’d rolled out the door.

“You...and Hermione....Ginny scarred!” Harry was now in tears from the laughter.

“Get-a-grip!” Ron told Harry between slaps on the face. Harry calmed down so Ron could speak, or at least stop hitting him. “Harry, that makes it the second time you’ve walked in on us. You need a better hobby!”

“I wouldn’t be talking if I were you.”

“Well you aren’t me are you?”

“Thank the Gods!”

“You just better hope I don’t walk in on you and Ginny.” At this thought, Ron got a disgruntled look on his face. “I hope I don’t walk in on you either.”

“You probably wouldn’t want to,” Harry joked.

“You better not be serious, Harry. Because if you hurt my sister, I swear I’ll pound you to a pulp with Fred’s bludger bat.”

“You do that then, Ron. But keep in mind that the same goes for Hermione, and I’ll take George’s bat to knock you out with. Agreed?”

“Fine...anyways, back to my original point...I don't care where you go, as long as you get lost,” said Ron in an exasperated tone.

“Whatever. Ginny and I were just making sure you hadn’t died.”

“Alright, we’re alive and healthy. Buh-bye now!”

“Okay, okay. C’mon, Ginny. I can see we’re not welcome here. They want to be alone,” Harry laughed at his last words as he took Ginny by the hand and led her down the hallway of the train.

~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~

“Sorry, Gin. No empty compartments. I suppose we should just head back to ours,” Harry told her about fifteen minutes later.

“Yeah, I guess,” she sighed.


“Don’t worry we have all year to do whatever we want together. And plenty of broom cupboards to choose from.”

The couple walked back to the first compartment they were in that day. When they got there, Harry and Ginny found three uninvited people, along with Neville and Luna, waiting for them.

“I'll try being nicer, Longbottom, if you'll try being smarter.” Harry looked over to Ginny for confirmation on the thought that had apparently gone through her mind too: Malfoy.

“Just because I can’t make a potion, have never manage to transform anything larger than a matchbox and couldn’t do a well produced charm to save my life doesn’t mean I’m completely incompetent.” By the way he said that, Harry almost thought that over the summer, Neville had been practicing things to say to Malfoy.

“Wow! You really used your brain on that comeback. Did it hurt? It is the weakest part of your body after all...”

“Not even a twinge,” Neville said, keeping his cool.

“Good, because a brain is a terrible thing to waste; I'm glad they didn't waste one on you.”

“Me too, because if they had, I would have such a big head that I might look like you.” Harry was amazed at how well Neville was keeping up.

Malfoy seemed taken aback. Before he could recover, Harry figured that this was a good place to intervene. “Hi, ferret! Have a nice summer?” Harry waited until Malfoy’s face turned from flustered red to storming fuchsia before saying, “You know what? Your head does seem to be larger than normal this year. Oh wait.” He paused and made a show of examining Malfoy’s head. “Ah, never mind, it is usually that big.”

“If I agreed with you, we'd both be wrong, Potter.”

“How lovely,” Ginny butted in. “Now that we’re all acquainted why don’t you take your bodyguards Flobberworm and Troll with you and get out?”

“What would you do to us if we didn’t?” Malfoy asked semi-playfully and annoyed.

“This!” and Ginny, in a very Hermione-ish way, sent hexes and curses in their direction. None of them hitting but close enough to make the Slytherins run.

After Malfoy and his cronies left, Harry, Neville, and Luna all cheered in Ginny’s success on getting rid of Malfoy on her first try. “You never cease to amaze me, Gin,” Harry told her.

“I know.”

~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~

The rest of the trip was spent playing Exploding Snap and with Neville’s new Gobstones set. Ron and Hermione came back when they were about fifteen minutes away from the school to change into their robes. After arriving at Hogsmeade Station, Ron, Hermione, Ginny, Harry, Neville and Luna all somehow managed to squeeze into one carriage. Even though it was cramped, the six friends all enjoyed the trip up to the school. There was much tickling and pinching going on between the couples.

“Say, Luna? Who made the first move? You or Neville?” Ginny asked as they were walking up the front steps of the castle.

“You wouldn’t believe her if she did tell you. Which she won’t,” Neville said pointedly.

“Sure I would. Who was it?” Ginny asked again.

Luna looked at Neville for approval. He nodded his head with what looked like regret.

“It was Neville,” Luna admitted holding his hand tightly in her’s. The other four laughed heartily.

“Well I guess I believe it. I just didn’t expect it,” said Ginny with a little chuckle and wiping away a fake tear.

When they made it to the Great Hall, Luna parted from Neville, and the five Gryffindors sat down at their table. Harry saw Professor McGonagall bring out the three-legged stool and place the Sorting Hat on top of it. When the first years walked in, the entire hall went silent. They made their way up to the head of the Great Hall and stood in front of the hat. The rip at the brim of the hat opened and it began to sing it’s song:

Once again, the Hogwart’s bell rings.
But not before the Sorting Hat sings.
Now all students, young and old,
You must listen and do as you’re told.

Where you are placed will be a home,
A place where you can freely roam.
Hufflepuff and Ravenclaw, Gryffindor and Slytherin
Any of these houses could soon become your kin.

Hufflepuff may need you there,
Your brains and courtesy, love and care.
To the house of Lady Helga you may go,
You’ll be welcomed more than you know.

In Ravenclaw’s colors of bronze and blue,
They are the sharpest of minds and will you.
Very clever and strong of heart,
Always willing their lore in part.

Then there is Gryffindor, strong, brave and true
No doubt in my mind, will they accept you.
Always yearning to learn and be heard,
They’ll be courageous and true to their word.

Lastly in Slytherin you may belong,
Others might say that this could be wrong.
However, don’t worry, you’ll be among friends.
These people will help you through to the end.

No need to fret, and worry not,
I will give you the perfect spot.
Listen up and listen clear,
Turn your head and lend an ear.

Throughout the summer silence stayed,
But soon the world will need our aide.
To fight the others; to stay alive,
The rules that are given, you’ll need to survive.

Do not fear to follow and lead.
Do not leave other’s hearts to bleed.
Be aware of all that has come before.
That is it, that is all, I shan’t say anymore.

So don’t be afraid for what lies ahead,
It will just be me inside your head.
Which house is your’s, I soon will shout.
So put me on and you’ll find out.


As the Sorting Hat ended it’s annual song, the Great Hall filled with an uproar of cheers and clapping, coming from every corner of the room.

“Did you hear what I heard? ‘Throughout the summer silence stayed,’” Harry looked from Hermione to his fellow classmates and back again. “Because it seems like no one else noticed.” Harry stared at Hermione, waiting for her to give the answer that would prove Harry’s sanity.

Through the pandemonium she answered, “‘Soon the world will need our aide.’...‘Be aware of all that has come before,’ I don’t know about you, Harry, but his makes perfect sense to me,” she answered quickly. “It’s obvious that nothing was supposed to happen this summer. Something is going to happen and it’s going to be big.”


“We’ll talk about this lat-” Harry started, but was interrupted by movement near the Staff Table.

Dumbledore stood and the Hall fell silent again. Professor McGonagall began calling names. Beginning with Abertson, Ashlynn (Hufflepuff) and ending with Yezren, Frederick (Ravenclaw), there was only one name that the Weasley’s knew: Prewett, Ariane (Gryffindor) was Ron and Ginny’s cousin on their mother’s side.

“I didn’t know she was coming to Hogwarts,” Ron told Harry as Ariane made her way down the table to where Ginny was sitting.

“Apparently you missed that conversation with Mum at dinner last night,” Ginny said.

“I was eating! You really think I can listen and eat at the same time?” Ron asked Ginny skeptically.

Ignoring his question, Hermione asked, “Why wouldn’t she come here?”

“She spent the first eight years of her life in France...I figured she would go to Beauxbatons because she would know it better. I guess it depends on location.”

Ariane squeezed in between Ginny and Neville. She gave Ginny a hug and blew Ron a kiss across the table. He smiled and gave a friendly wave.

“Ariane this is Harry, Hermione and Neville,” Ginny told her.

“Bonjour,” she said nervously tucking a strand of her long, champagne-blonde hair behind her ears. When Harry looked at her he had to take a double-take because of how much she looked like Ginny. It was like looking at a blonde reflection basically. “Eet iz very nice to meet you all,” Ariane spoke with a strong french accent. She sounded very much like Fleur Delacour only with slightly more enthusiasm in her words. Ginny leaned over to Ariane who whispered “‘Arry iz az cute az you said he waz.”

Ginny blushed as she realized Harry had heard every word her cousin had said. Harry leaned over behind Ginny and whispered to Ariane so that Ginny could hear too, “Only half as cute as Ginny is beautiful.”

Ariane giggled quietly as Harry kissed Ginny on the cheek. “I like ziz one better zan zat Michael boy, Ginny.”

“Me too,” Ginny whispered back.

~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~

When dinner was over Dumbledore stood for the last time that evening, and the Great Hall fell silent. Not one head was turned away from him.


“Another summer ends and another year at Hogwarts begins. To our first years, welcome. To our past students, welcome back. I am pleased to tell you that we have, yet again, a new Defense Against the Dark Arts teacher this year. May I please present to you all, Professor Victor Krum.”

“NO WAY!” were the first words out of Ron’s mouth. Hermione blushed at him. “You knew didn’t you?” Ron asked her.

“Well yes, but I wasn...”

“‘Wasn’t supposed to say anything,’” Ron mimicked her. “Sure, keep secrets from your boyfriend. That’s a good relationsh...”

“Ron we are not doing this here or now! Do you hear me?”

“Whatever,” Ron mumbled.

Dumbledore clapped his hands three times and the Hall quieted again. “Yes, Professor Krum, we are pleased to have you.”

Harry noticed how much he hadn’t changed. The only difference he could find was Krum’s facial expression. It was no longer hard and stony but soft and amused, happy even.

“I would also like to send out a few school rules. The first of all being that Mr. Filch has requested that any item bought from Weasley’s Wizard Wheezes is forbidden in the halls and classrooms. The second, as many of you already know, is that the Forbidden Forest is named that for a reason. Please do not enter the forest unattended by a Hogwart’s staff member for any reason. Thirdly, please remember not to use magic in the corridors before, between, or after classes. Fourthly...” the list went on for a few more minutes.

“Anyone who is interested in trying out for their house Quidditch team, please see your Head of House by the end of the week. Tryout dates will be posted by next Monday morning. Now, it is late and all of you need to be getting rest for your classes tomorrow. First years, please follow the prefects to your dormitories. Goodnight.”




~AN: It’s Krum! What do ya think? You can thank my sister, Natalie for another awesome idea for my story. Review please! I’ll respond to everyone. Quote from the next chappie: “Why did you have to be the center of attention?” -Ginny
Qui Vous Aimez Toujours Mourra by Lady Snuffles
Author's Notes:
Harry has another dream and he is again struck by the thought that Ginny is in danger just by being with him. What will Ginny think of Harry’s new premonition?


Disclaimer: J.K.’s stuff, not mine. ‘Nuf said.....



The first few days of term started as if summer never happened and they picked up right where they had left off. The biggest, among few differences, between Harry’s fifth year and sixth year was that he now had Ginny to curl up next to him on the couch while they did their homework.

Harry’s schedule remained the same with the exception of History of Magic, which was gone and he now had a free period. He found this as a great time to do any procrastinated homework from the night before. That was Harry’s only class that he took the previous year and was not taking now. Snape had been completely bluffing about having to get an “O” on their O.W.L.s’ to be in his N.E.W.T. Potions class. He told them that he lied to keep everyone on top of their work in fifth year. He also informed the sixth years that if any fifth years found out about this little secret...well you might not want to know the details.

Krum had proven to be a better teacher than Harry first thought. But then again, any professor would have proven better than Dolores Umbridge. Harry’s only newfound problem with Defense Against the Dark Arts was Ron’s constant complaining. He had many comments among the same lines of, “It's not that I wish any harm to the guy, I'm just saying I could happily sit by while someone knocks his head off,” nearly every five minutes.

Not that this improved Hermione’s attitude in the slightest, she let those comments fly, as Ron sat back and huffed. She must have thought that Ron had the right frame of mind to be upset with Krum for having been on a date with his girlfriend. None the less, Hermione’s mood didn’t amend until the end of the week.

On the first Friday afternoon of term, the four friends headed down to sit under their favorite birch tree by the lake. Even though class had only been over for fifteen minutes Hermione took out a book from her Arithmancy class to begin her homework.

When Hermione realized Ron was reading, (or looking at the book until it bothered her,) over her shoulder she turned her head to scold him. Instead Ron leaned in and kissed Hermione’s lips before she could protest.

When the couple didn’t break apart, Harry and Ginny took it as a sign to leave and find their own spot on the lakeshore. A while later Harry was sitting underneath an oak tree stroking Ginny’s hair while she laid her head in his lap. She was reading a French book Ariane had lent her.

“So Gin?” Harry asked while still marveling at the way the sun reflected off her hair.


“Uh-Huh?”

“Since when do you read French?”

Ginny peeked her head out from under her book. “Since I was about...nine. Maybe ten,” she answered.

“Why?” Harry asked amazed.

Ginny answered as if it were obvious, “That’s when Ariane started to read. I helped her, I guess. I ended up learning how to read and speak French along with her learning how to speak English.”

“What are you reading?”

Poudlard : Une Histoire.....Hogwarts: A History.” Harry could hardly suppress his laughter as Ginny looked confused. “And what do you find so funny Mr. Potter?”

“Sorry Gin,” Harry told her, controlling himself. “It’s just the fact that Hermione would never get me to read this book in English let alone French. I think she would die to hear you are reading it.”

~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~

“Alright everybody. Welcome back to Hogwarts. More importantly, welcome back to Dumbledore’s Army.” The DA had grown a lot now that it was a “real” club and were approved by Dumbledore. There were rules that needed abiding for now though. For instance, no student under third year could be present and all sessions must be supervised by a seventh year prefect. With the fact that the club was posted on the notice boards in the common rooms of each of the houses, many more students, who didn’t know about the DA last year, were interested.

“Most of first term will be review for those of you who were in the DA last year. Depending on how fast the newcomers take to it, we will go into more advanced magic after Christmas Break.”

“Let’s just start the magic already,” someone from the middle of the crowd said.

“Oh alright. Introductions are over, everybody find a partner and we’ll start with a simple disarming spell. Like so,” Harry pointed his wand at Ron and said, “Expelliarmus!” Ron’s wand flew into Harry’s hand. “Once both partners have mastered it try a shielding spell. Like ‘Protego’ or maybe a.....” Harry went on explaining until his classmates looked as if they wouldn’t be able stand still for thirty more seconds.

Everyone mastered the disarming spell and there were only three or four people who couldn’t produce a shielding charm in the first fifteen minutes. All of whom were in third year. Harry asked Hermione to take them aside and work on it with them until they got it right so everyone else could move on.

“Let’s try a repelling spell, one partner cast a Jelly-Legs Jinx or a Leg-Locker Curse and the other try to repel it back. Shield yourself from the repelled jinx.”

Harry watched as Neville and Luna succeeded on every try. Neville had improved a lot since his fourth year with the help of the DA. And Luna was...well, Luna. The only difference between fourth year and fifth year Luna was that Neville seemed to have rubbed off on her slightly, which made her more aware of how...loony...she was.

Many students managed the repelling charm on their first try too, because half of them were in the “army” the previous year. The other half manipulated it on their fourth or fifth try. After those who struggled on the shielding and disarming spells mastered the repelling charm Harry had an idea that was sure to bring the students back for next weeks session.

“Hermione you know how to volley?”

“Yes...Why?”

“I have an idea. Just listen,” Harry told her. Then addressing the DA he said, “We have an hour before we go so I want to have a tournament, so to speak. Everyone partner up again and sit on the sides so you can see Hermione and me.” Harry then turned to Hermione who had caught on to his train of thought.

“What jinx do you want to use?” she asked.

“How about the Cheering Charm? Cast it back a few times. On the fifth or sixth I’ll stop it.”

“Okay,” she answered. Hermione uttered the charm and Harry cast it back at her. They repelled back and forth. On the fifth time after Hermione sent the spell back Harry shouted, “Finite Incantatem!” to stop the spell from traveling further. Hermione conjured a vie board that had everyone’s names on it not including Harry’s. “We will only be able to finish the first round today. Each day we will go one round further. First group of partners stand up front and begin your duel. Repel back and forth until one of you is hit or forfeits.”

The first few groups, probably out of nerves, didn’t last very long. Luna beat Neville and Ron beat Hermione who claimed that it was because she had already been worn out by Harry. Ginny won against Dean who had a scowl on his face afterward. Harry assumed it had little to do with her winning. Parvati forfeited against her twin Padma, and Justin Finch-Fletchley, overcame Ernie Macmillan after nearly twenty minutes of volleying. Amazingly, Dennis beat Collin to the ground with only three attacks.

After everyone had taken their turn, the session had already gone fifteen minutes over. The DA went to dinner, then up (or down) to their dormitories for the night.

~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~

Ginny didn’t want to brake apart from Harry’s kiss even with the fact that the entire common room was watching them do so. True, the common room was only sixth, seventh years, and herself, she realized that Harry still wouldn’t want that attention and she pulled away. Everyone in the common room began to go about their own business again.

“Good night Harry,” Ginny told him from the first step to her dormitory where they were now they were looking eye to eye.

“G’night Gin.” Harry kissed her cheek, began to walk away and realized she was still standing at the foot of the stairs. He turned around and kissed her on the opposite cheek. This seemed to satisfy her so Ginny turned and did all she could not to skip up the steps.

Ginny must have laid there for two hours before she realized she wasn’t going to sleep a wink. She picked up her book from Ariane and went down to the common room to read.

Ginny didn’t know how long she had been reading. When she thought sleep would finally take her over she heard her name being whispered from somewhere near the stairs to the boys dormitory.




“Bella!” a cold voice shouted as he Apparated into the room.

“Yes my Lord?” said a starved, gaunt looking Bellatrix.

“Who has Potter?”

“No one at the moment my Lord. He still has not come for the girl.”

Voldemort fell silent as he pondered over this statement. “Are you sure she is the one he will come after? How do you know we have the right girl?”

“Our spy at Hogwarts has confirmed it my Lord.”

The pair was silent for a while. Voldemort paced the room slowly. “Do you remember what to do?”

“Yes,” Bellatrix answered flatly. With an expectant look from her master she recited the phases to go through one by one. “First, get Potter confined to interrogate him to see if he knows where it is. Second, if he doesn’t respond, torture the girl in front of him. Third, if he doesn’t know about it, you kill him, even though you’ll never be able to fight fairly. Avoid that at all costs. If he does know where it is, we have him take us to it so he can get the power he needs to have a fair duel between the two of you. Lastly, kill the girl in front of him.” Voldemort nodded through the whole thing.

“What did the letter say that you sent to him?”

“We have the girl you are looking for. The longer you take to find her the worse her suffering will be. Qui vous aimez toujours mourra. You should know that by now. Not So Sincerely, You Know Who.”

“Perfect. I will be waiting upstairs. I’ll send Lucius and Severus down here. Keep one of the three of you hidden in case Potter springs up an attack and two of you can’t handle him...oh, and I’ll know when Potter is here. I will hear his thoughts, no need to tell me.”

Bellatrix was alone for at least five minutes before Snape appeared in the room. Lucius followed soon after. “One of us needs to keep hidden for a surprise attack on Potter.”

“I’ll do it,” Snape mumbled.

“Fine by me, but stay hidden. There can be no mistakes.”

They were silent for a long time before Lucius spoke. “Where’s Potter?” Harry heard Malfoy’s drawling voice. “His girlfriend here will die of loneliness before he arrives.”

“Calm down Lucius. The Dark Lord said he would come. He’ll come.” Harry knew this part all to well. He saw what was coming up before and he didn’t want to see it.

““How can you have so much faith in him, Bella? How do we know if something went wrong in the plan? We could be down here waiting for Potter to show up and for all we know half of our team is dueling with Ministry officials. How do you know the Dark Lord wouldn’t leave us for Azkaban just so he can escape.”

Okay, Harry. It’s time to wake up now! Really, wake up!

“How can you even think such things? Of course the Dark Lord wouldn’t abandon us. Don’t lose your faith in our master so quickly, Lucius. He needs us to fulfil his plans after all.” Wake up before you enter this room! Harry you don’t want to see this! YOU KNOW WHAT HAPPENS! You don’t need to see it again! Crap! I’m opening the door. “Aha! See what I told you? Here comes the boy now.”

Instead of Harry rushing into the dark room he found himself covered in cold sweat staring into a pair of familiar blue eyes.

“Ron where’s Ginny?”

“Probably sleeping....I dunno. Whaz going on Harry? You were throwing a fit. I had to put a silencing charm around your bed to keep the others from waking up,” Ron said through a yawn.

“I’m fine, but I need to talk to Ginny.”

“Harry. You didn’t have another dream about You Know Who and Ginny again did you?” Ron asked, now fully awake.

Again deciding lying was not the right thing to do Harry said, “Yeah I did.”

“Tell me about it.” It was a request not an order, even though Harry felt he had no choice but to oblige.

He went over his dream. Ron just looked tired this time. He kept scrunching his face as if to ward off sleep. He looked as though he had a lot of questions. When Harry thought it over he really only had one question other than, ‘What is “it”?’

“Ron do you know what “Qui vous aimez toujours mourra,” means?”

“Notta clue,” Ron yawned again. “Sounds French; maybe Ginny would know.”

“I need to go and sit this one out. I’m going to the common room for a while to think.”

“Okay. I’m gonna go back to bed and I’ll pray that this is just another one of those strange dreams I have.”

“Night Ron.”

“G’night.”

~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~

“Ginny!” Harry whispered in surprise when he reached the bottom of the boys staircase.

“Hi, Harry. What are you doing up so late?” Ginny was sitting on the couch in front of the fireplace reading Poudlard : Une Histoire.

“I could be asking you the same question.”

“I couldn’t sleep so I came down here to read. You?”

Harry took a sharp intake of breath before starting; what was the point in waiting? This put a worried look on Ginny’s face. “I had another dream about Voldemort and me.....and you.”

Ginny didn’t look to shocked but still unpleasantly surprised. “Tell me about it.” She sounded the same as Ron only about an octave higher, and less tired.

Harry started telling his dream for the second time that night. When Harry got to the part about the letter Ginny let out a small, dry sob.

“What does “Qui vous aimez toujours mourra” mean, Ginny?”

At first Ginny wasn’t sure if she wanted to tell him. How does anyone tell somebody that? I have to tell him the truth though. Damn his power over me!

“Ginny?” Harry asked again.

Ginny let out a sigh and continued, “Qui vous aimez toujours mourra, means ‘Who you love.....will always die.’

They sat for a few minutes in silence until Harry broke the silence.

“What are we going to do then, Gin?”

“What do you mean?” Ginny asked confused.

“I mean what are we, as a couple, going to do?” Ginny still looked confused. “There is a spy somewhere at Hogwarts and they will see how close we are and tell Voldemort.”

“Oh. I don’t know....What can we do? And you’re positive that these aren’t just regular nightmares? You’re sure that their premonitions?”

“I’m as close to confident as you can get without actually being it.”

“Then what are we going to do Harry? I won't leave you and you know it so don’t even try breaking it off.”

“I wasn’t planning on it. I know you’re too stubborn,” Harry joked half heartedly.

“Why did you have to be the center of attention?” Ginny asked. What she said made something in Harry’s head click.

“Ginny I’ve got it! I know what we have to do.”

“As long as it doesn’t involve breaking up, I’m all for it. Explain and don’t leave anything out.”




~AN: Read and Review! Thanx goes to all my reviewers. In the next chapter why does Ron want to punch Harry? If anyone can guess right I’ll send in my next chapter tomorrow. Quote from the next chapter: “Hermione, why didn’t you let me hit him?” -Ron
The Big Blowout by Lady Snuffles
Author's Notes:
What are Harry and Ginny planning? Can any good come from it? And why does Ron try to punch Harry? Congrats to BewitchMe who got it right! Brownie points for you!



Disclaimer: I DON’T OWN HARRY POTTER! I don’t own Harry Potter. I don’t own Harry Potter. I don’t own Harry Potter. How many different way’s can I disclaim Harry Potter? I don’t own Harry Potter.I don’t own Harry Potter. I don’t own Harry Potter...






“And just who do you think you are? Oh, yes of course.... ‘The Boy Who Lived.’ I could give a rat's ass about what you're famous for!” she roared.



“And you think that I do?”



“Why else would I have said that?”



“Well, what does that make you then? Should we start calling you ‘The Girl, The Boy Who Lived, Saved?’ After all The Boy Who Lived did save your life a few years back!”



“Was it my choice that you of all people came to save me? Anyone else could have gone down there!”



“No one else in this school speaks PARSELTONGUE Ginny. That is the only way to get into that chamber, you know,” he defended himself.



“Of course I know that, you dolt! I was just telling you that it was YOUR choice to come and save me. You could have let me die down there!”



“Well maybe I should have! That could have solved a lot of problems for me!”



“What are you trying to say Harry? Do you mean to tell me that you wouldn't have cared if I had died?!”



“Wouldn’t you like to know?”



“Well I guess that doesn’t matter any more because as far as I'm concerned, we are through. THROUGH!” A silent tear ran down her face as she paraded to the door of the Great Hall. When she got there she turned around and shrieked back at Harry, “I hope you’re happy with yourself, Mr. Potter. You got exactly what you wanted!” And she left.



Harry looked around. The entire Great Hall was gawking at him. The exact effect Ginny and Harry were hoping for. Harry looked towards the Slytherin table and noticed that even Draco Malfoy was staring at him. No one had expected this. Especially not Ron and Hermione, who were halfway between the Gryffindor table, where Harry was, and the doors to the Great hall that Ginny had just exited.



What's going on? No matter how mad Ginny is at him she would never use any of Harry’s fame against him. I just don't get wh- Whatever was going through Hermione's head was put on hold due to Ron bumping into her as he charged towards Harry.



How DARE he? What the heck is wrong with him? He needs a good smack to the side of the head to straighten it out. Or to crack his skull open.....either way works for me. Ron thought to himself. He started heading for Harry who ducked Ron’s swinging fist right in time. Hermione bolted to her friends where she took up a position between them to block off any further blows. She knew that neither of them would dare to accidentally miss their target and hit her.



She grabbed Harry by the ear and shoved Ron in front of her so she could see him, and she took them out of the Great Hall like Mrs. Weasley had done with Fred and George countless times at the Burrow. Once in the Entrance Hall, Hermione began yelling in a hoarse whisper.



“Harry! What the bloody hell is going on?”



“In case you didn’t notice...Ginny and I had an argument,” Harry said in a struggled calm voice while prying Hermione’s fingers off of his throbbing ear.



“An argument! AN ARGUMENT? Harry that was a ruddy death wish! What on earth were you thinking?”



“I wasn’t, Hermione! I wasn’t thinking. That’s all I say on my defense.” With that Harry left. He ran up the stairs all the way to the Gryffindor tower. He climbed the spiral staircase leading up to his dormitory where Ginny was waiting for him. Her eyes were still red from her fake tears.



“That was some performance, Gin,” Harry told her when she saw him come in.



“You weren’t so bad yourself, Mr. Potter,” she joked as they pulled each other into a tight hug.



When they pulled apart Ginny asked, “What happened after I left?”



“Not too much. Ron threw a punch at me.” Ginny looked uneasy. “Don’t worry he missed,” Harry said to reassure her.



“How did you get out of the Great Hall?” Ginny asked.



“That was easier than I expected it to be. Hermione grabbed me by the ear and shoved Ron out of the Hall to stop us from smacking each other to pieces. Then a few quick words and I left in ‘anger.’ I was more convincing than I thought I would be. I mean.....hell, we fooled Hermione, and that is a feat in itself.”



“Harry are you sure not telling them is the best thing? Are you absolutely positive that they can’t know?” Ginny asked.



“Gin, we’ve been over this. Ron would just let it slip....no offense to him or anything, but he’s not too keen in keeping secrets. And if we tell Hermione...well she can’t keep secrets from Ron so we’re back to where we started.”



Ginny and Harry sat on his four poster and began to plan how they would be together and “not be together” at the same time. Things like avoiding each other in the halls and finding time together in the Room of Requirement. They also needed to figure out how they would act around each other during Quidditch practice and D.A. meetings. They formulated, outlined, tweaked and perfected their scheme for some time in Harry's dorm until they were interrupted by a sudden commotion down in the common room.



“Harry!” said a voice in the common room.



“We’ve got something important to tell you!” declared a second voice.



“Oh crap!” Harry and Ginny weren’t expecting Ron or Hermione (or anyone from Harry’s dormitory for that matter), for a long time yet. “Go under here Gin.” Harry threw the invisibility cloak over her after snatching it out of his trunk. Just in time too. The very next second Ron came bursting into the door followed closely by Hermione.



“Are you back to try and hit me again?” Harry asked sarcastically.



“Harry there’s no time for that now. We figured out part of what “it” is.”



Ron’s voice was full of satisfaction. “Well not what....more like, where.”








“Harry! What the bloody hell is going on?” Hermione asked in a voice that wasn’t her own.



“In case you didn’t notice...Ginny and I had an argument.”



“An argument! AN ARGUMENT? Harry that was a ruddy death wish! What on earth were you thinking?” Hermione couldn’t keep the words from coming out her mouth. Is that really my voice? I can’t believe what I’m saying!



“I wasn’t Hermione! I wasn’t thinking. That’s all I say on my defense.” He turned and darted up the staircase.



“Hermione, why didn’t you let me hit him?” Ron asked in a quavery voice, watching his friend storm up the stairs. He turned to his girlfriend, who until this moment, had never looked so furious.



“Because there is something wrong with this. Ginny wouldn’t do this.” Hermione answered in a daze. “I need fresh air,” she moaned.



“Do you want to go out by the lake?”



“Yeah. Yeah, let’s do that.” When Hermione and Ron were halfway to the lake, she began talking too fast for anyone but Ron, who had trained himself to do so, to understand what she was saying.



“This just isn’t right. What would possess Harry and Ginny to say things like that to each other? And what’s all this about “The Boy Who Lived?” Ginny would never bring that into a conversation in public even if she were trying to embarrass Harry. Harry also promised Ginny he would never hold saving her life against her. He knew it wasn’t her fault that she was there in the first place. Honestly what would compel them to do this? This is just so confusing. I don’t understand what’s going on and it makes me very uncomfortable and out of focus. I can’t even think straight. What has gotten into Harry’s thick skull? Maybe I should have let you hit him. He told her he wouldn’t mind if she had died. There is a problem there. They LOVE each other. Oh I just don’t understand!”



“First of all, calm down,” Ron began. “Second of all, slow down. Third of all, sit down.” By now they reached the lake and were standing underneath their favorite tree.



“Ron, I just don’t get it. How could this happen?”



Ron didn’t understand either. “The last time I talked to Harry was last night. He woke me up having a fit. He told me he had another “dream.” We talked about it and he seemed to look better by the time we were done. He probably talked to Ginny about it this morning. I’m guessing that's what they were fighting about.”



“What was the dream about?”



Ron told her how Harry’s ‘dream’ had gone from what he could remember. Hermione still looked confused but not in the same way as before.



“What does ‘Qui vous aimez tou-whatever' mean Ron?” Hermione asked.



“I don’t know...I told Harry that Ginny would probably know ‘cause it sounded French.”



They both sat and thought about what was going on in Harry’s head at night. None of it made sense to either of them. Ron’s thoughts seemed to go deeper and farther back. He was thinking about Snape interrogating Harry in the first dream, until...



“Hermione! Do you know what I just realized?” Ron asked out of the blue. He was excited to have discovered, what he thought would be, a key factor, before Hermione.



“No, I don’t. I can’t read minds, Ron. Especially not your's...”



“Snape wasn’t asking what it was, Hermione! He was asking where. “It” isn’t a thing....It’s a place!”



They made eye-contact, knowing what needed to be done, and raced all the way up to Gryffindor Tower.



“Harry!” Ron yelled the second he entered the common room.



“We’ve got something important to tell you!” Hermione shouted behind him.



Ron burst through the door much happier than he had been a few hours ago.



“Are you back to try and hit me again?” Harry asked sarcastically looking at his two best friends that supposedly hated him.



“Harry there’s no time for that now. We figured out part of what “it” is,” Hermione answered rather flustered.



“Well not what....more like, where.” Harry was sure that with the satisfaction he heard in Ron’s voice he must have figured it out, not Hermione.



“Start over,” Harry managed with difficulty.



“Harry. All of us missed a major part in what Snape was harassing you about.” Hermione paused allowing Ron to finish for her.



“He didn’t ask you what “it” was. He asked you where “it” is. “It” is a place, not a thing.”



Harry felt like falling over and was thankful that his bed was behind him. He sat on the bed and felt Ginny next to him still under the Invisibility Cloak. “Where then?” he said just above a whisper.



“We don’t know.”



Suddenly, Ron walked over to Harry and hit him right on the side of his face making Harry fall on his back.



“What was that for?!” Harry cussed under his breath.



“For hurting my little sister the way you did.” Ron smiled to himself. “Now I won’t feel guilty still being your friend.” Harry felt Ginny tense up beside him.



Hermione came into this conversation rather tentatively. “Harry? Why did you and Ginny break up?”



Harry sighed. Truly it was a sigh of relief because Harry and Ginny had just talked about how to answer this exact question. He figured it passed as a sigh of frustration because Hermione looked at him with pity.



“Did Ron tell you about my dream?” Harry asked them both. The couple nodded. “Well this morning I woke up early to go find Ginny to tell her about my dream and ask her if she knew what that French phrase meant, or if it was even French.”



“So what does it mean Harry?” Hermione asked.



“Who you love will always...die.” Harry did everything he could not to crack his voice. “And then I-I told Ginny that I would have to end it and leave her because I couldn’t stand to see her hurt that way.” Harry paused for his “sorrow” to flow over Ron and Hermione.



“Harry, I’m still not seeing the problem here. You’ve been over that before with Ginny and she said that she wouldn’t....”



“I’m not done,” Harry said firmly. “After I told her that we had to end it, she told me that it wasn’t fair to her that I made all the choices; said it bothered her that I was in charge of her decisions. She said it was because I was used to being a leader and being famous. I told her that wasn’t fair of her to say that and then she announced to the entire Great Hall that, I’m sure you heard, I was the Boy Who Lived and she didn’t care what I was famous for.” Harry said it all in one breath. “I guess I got a little out of control after that.” Harry stood up and kicked his trunk shut. “I’m so stupid! I decided to yell instead of tell her that I would still love her and that if she would wait for me I would come back to her. Even if it was a lot to ask, I still wish I could have told her. Now she’ll never speak to me again.”



“Harry, I’m sure that she would let you...”



“No Hermione! I broke her heart. Hell, I broke my own. That’s what we are now. Broken.”



“Harry, anything that’s broken can be fixed.”



“No, it can’t Ron.” Harry laid down on the opposite side of his bed with his back to Hermione and Ron. They took it as their cue to leave.



“Harry? We’ll be around if you want to talk.” He mumbled something Hermione couldn’t make out and figured that it was, at the very least, some form of acknowledgment.



As soon as the door clicked shut Ginny threw off the invisibility cloak. “Harry are you okay? I can’t believe my stupid git of a brother hit you! I’m going to kill him then I’m going to bring him back to life and kill him again...”



“Ginny, stop while you’re ahead. Your brother hits like a cheerleader.”



“A cherry weeder? Whatever...Harry, he shouldn’t have done that.”



“But he doesn’t know that we’re pretending Ginny. He thinks I really hurt you. You know he only did it to protect you.”



“I...well...ugh! Harry I hate this! I hate not telling them,” Ginny moaned. Harry stood up and held Ginny in his arms.



“But you won’t tell them right?” Harry asked suspiciously.



Ginny looked directly into his eyes. By looking into them, Harry knew the answer before she even spoke. “You know I won’t, Harry. But I don’t know if we can keep it a secret for as long as we need to.”



“But it doesn’t hurt to try does it?”



“I suppose not.....Harry?” Ginny asked doubtfully.



“Mm-hm?”



“Can we...can we tell them if we find out where “it” is?”



Harry took this into perspective. He wanted Ginny to be happy and safe but it seemed he only got one or the other. This matter didn’t seem to have great importance in needing a decision now. Harry decided to sleep it over.



“We’ll see Gin. We’ll see.”



~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~



When Hermione went to bed that evening she laid there for hours (or so it felt) before she finally fell asleep. When she eventually did drift away from her complicated thoughts and worries, her dreams were just as confusing and jumbled together. One dream however was more prominent than the rest. Her “dream-self” was studying a sign reading 'Godric’s Hollow'. She then walked up the street and saw the rubble remains of a demolished house. There were more rambled images and Hermione woke up shaken and cold.



Hermione didn’t know why but she had an urge to talk with Ron. Quietly she tip-toed up the boys' staircase to the sixth years' dormitory. Carefully she pulled back the curtains to Ron’s bed and gently shook his shoulder. He opened his eye’s and slowly took in her face. Hermione put a finger to her lips and signaled for him to follow her out the door.



As soon as it was shut Ron looked at Hermione with concern. “Whaz goin’ on?” he asked.



“I’m not quite sure, but I had this dream and I think it might mean something, but I need help sorting it out.” Hermione paused and looked at her boyfriend. She noticed how very red and tired looking his eyes were. “Oh this is stupid. I shouldn’t have woken you up. Just go back to bed, I’m fine.”



“No, no. I’m awake now. There’s no point in going back to bed just to lay there alone and awake for another few hours when I could be talking with you.”



“Are you sure?”



“It’s fine. Sit and explain.” Ron pulled her into the chair opposite him, now that they had reached the common room. The coals from the burnt-out fire were the only thing giving off any light. Hermione began to tell Ron about the parts of her dream she could remember.



“So, do you remember Harry telling us about his parents and him living in Godric’s Hollow when they were in hiding?”



“Uh-huh,” Ron yawned.



“Well I read the street sign leading to that neighborhood and walked up the street until I saw the ruins of an old house, which must have been the Potters'. Granted, I can't be certain...the rest of my dream is all in a mess and I only remember fragments. Things like...a wand casting a spell and...a, um, oh! There was a broom. And I distinctly remember a put-outer bein-”



“Hermione!”



“What? Did I say something? What did I say?”



“Harry’s house,” Ron said, oblivious to Hermione’s discombobulation.



“Yeah,” she said slowly, “Harry said it was destroyed...I saw it in my dream...”



“No, Hermione. Harry’s house is it.” Ron was now standing up and doing a sort of jig.



“Ron what are you talking about? Harry’s house was destroyed when Vold...”



“No, Hermione,” Ron repeated trying to calm down enough to explain. Putting one hand on each of Hermione’s shoulders, he looked directly into her eyes. “The house that they were using while they were in hiding was destroyed. What about the real Potter abode? Bellatrix said something like ‘we’ll have him take us to “it” so he can get the power he needs to have a fair fight.’ I bet you anything that there is something of Harry’s parents at the Potter Manor that could help him defeat You-Know-Who.”



Hermione’s jaw dropped and Ron used his finger to push it back up only to let it drop again. “That would be the second thing I got before you in one day.” Ron held up his index finger to prove his next point. “‘It’ is Potter Manor.”



“Well if ‘it’ is Potter Manor...where is it?”






~A/N: Mwah ha, ha, ha, ha! It’s alive! So my story is finally getting going. “Finally” being the key word. Review pretty please! BTW-there's a little but loveable ode to my idol/your King of the HP Universe, Emerson in this chappie. Whoever finds it first gets a free ride on the S.S. Delusional (haha)!!! The next chapter is not very important to the plot other than...Oh wait! I can’t tell you! Quote from the next chapter: “I am free of all prejudice. I hate everyone equally.” -Harry



PS-My sis, Natalie came up with a new category for y'all...'Sarcastic Fluff'. Ha, never mind, inside joke.... ;o)
The Discovery by Lady Snuffles
Author's Notes:
What and how many things are discovered?


Disclaimer: Its Jo’s little world, not mine :’o(



“Hermione,” she heard a voice whisper in her ear. She could also hear Ron’s heart beat as clearly as she had while laying on his chest last night. Hermione opened her eyes, surprised to find herself still laying on Ron’s chest.

“Ron? Did we fall asleep down here?” Hermione asked through a yawn, sitting up slightly on the couch.

“No, we just laid here with our eyes closed in a sort of trance,” Ron answered teasing her.

“Do you have to do that this early in the morning?”

“Sarcasm is just one more service I offer.”

“Wonderful.” Hermione sat up and stretched. “I think that we should go upstairs and pretend that we were in there all night. I can just imagine Lavender and Parvati taunting me about staying out here the entire night with you.”

“Well it wasn’t the entire night,” Ron reminded her.

“They went to bed before me though. I have no proof of going to the dormitory at all last night.”

“Alright then. I’m going to get dressed and head down to breakfast. See you there?”

“Sure.” Suddenly last nights events flew back into Hermione’s mind. “Ron, when are we going to tell Harry?”

“Not now. I’m starving. We’ll talk about it over breakfast, okay?”

“Yeah. I’ll be down in a bit.” Am I ever going to come before food with him? Hermione thought.

~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~

“Where were you all night?”

Shit!

“I wake up at two o’ clock in the morning to find your bed empty, figuring that you went to the loo or something, so I go back to sleep without putting another thought on it. Then I wake up again at seven o’clock to find it emptier still, and now you walk in the door with that smirk on your face. Where have you been?”

“Just downstairs,” Ron mumbled under his breath.

“I’m sorry Ron, I didn’t seem to have heard that.” Harry must enjoy taunting me all to much.

“I was downstairs,” Ron said a little more loudly than necessary.

“And what, may I ask, were you doing downstairs for the past, three o’clock, four o’clock, five o’clock, six o’clock, seven...five hours?” Harry counted aloud on his fingers.

“To tell you the truth, I was sleeping.” It was partially true.

“Alone?”

“Maybe.”

“How very interesting....”

“Sod off,” Ron said exasperated.

“Say no more. I’m getting dressed and going down to see Hagrid. Want to join me?”

“Maybe later...I have someone to meet over breakfast.”

Harry finished getting dressed as did Ron. They both walked down to the entrance hall and went their separate ways by the door to the Great Hall.

Ron found Hermione already waiting for him with the Daily Prophet in her hands and a piece of toast hanging from her mouth.

“Anything worth reading?” Ron asked as he sat down on her right.

“There’s another fabricated story about how Arabella Figg’s cats are each illegal, animagus, death eaters, and they are using her house for a head quarters.”

“Isn’t that what was written last time?”

“Yes, but according to the press, knowing that all of the cats have brown eyes is called “new information.” Do they honestly think that people believe these reports?” Hermione asked exasperated.

“Apparently...” Ron trailed off as he dived into his breakfast.

After a few minutes of silence Hermione asked, “When are we going to tell Harry?”

What are we going to tell Harry? How do you think you’re going to say it? ‘Oh, Harry by the way...we figured out where it is but we have no idea how to find it or if it still even exists.’....sound good to you?”

“Ron. Quit the sarcasm. Please.” She paused and put her face in her hands. “I don’t know but what do you propose we do?”

“Do what?”

Hermione turned around to see Ginny standing behind her. “Um...nothing.”

“Sure?” Ignoring Hermione’s statement, Ginny turned to Ron. “I just saw Harry walking up to the common room and noticed that his cheek was purple. You weren’t by any possible chance angry at him and smacked him on the side of the face did you?”

“Well yeah.” Ron mumbled.

“I’m sorry Ron, I didn’t quite hear you.”

“Ok fine!” Ron all but yelled, trying not to attract any attention to himself. “I hit Harry. But why does it matter to you anyways?”

At this, Hermione elbowed him hard in the ribs. Ron began to apologize profusely realizing his witless remark. Too late though, Ginny’s eyes were welling up with fresh tears.

“Don’t even bother Ron. You’re right, why should it matter to his ex-girlfriend anyways. Right? I know that’s what you were thinking, so trying to cover it up with apologies won’t make a difference. It’s true, and there’s nothing I can do about it.” Abruptly Ginny turned and ran out of the Great Hall.

Ron placed his face in his folded arms. He laid there for a few seconds and moaned. “Hermione? Why can’t I do anything right?” He waited a while but there was no answer. “Hermione?” Ron looked up and to his surprise, saw an empty space where Hermione had just been.

~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~

“Ginny! Ginny wait! Come on Ginny slow down!” Hermione yelled down the hall way. “GINNY, PLEASE!”

Ginny stopped dead in her tacks at the tone of Hermione’s plea. She turned around, and just by seeing Hermione in her “I’ve just had a row with Ron” stance, Ginny knew she meant business.


Ginny waited for Hermione to catch up. Hermione took one look at her friend and gave her a hug. “Ginny, I’m so sorry.”

“About which part?” Ginny asked between sniffles.

Hermione laughed half-heartily. “Harry, Ron, both. Whichever you want me to be sorry for.” They stayed there for a very long time.

“Men are such IDIOTS though! It’s like they control the universe and we’re just here to keep them happy.” Ginny laughed in spite of herself. “Well, most of the time anyways.”

“Ginny what happened?”

“At which point?”

“Let’s start with yesterday when Harry and you argued.”

“Is that what you’re calling it? An argument? It seemed more like a ruddy death wish to me.”

“I’m just repeating what I’ve heard.” Hermione paused while Ginny felt a sense of understanding from her best friend. “Really Ginny, what happened?”

“I lost my head okay? I’m just sick of Harry putting himself in danger for me. Doesn’t he realize that I’m in danger either way?”

“Probably not.” Hermione smiled at her thoughts. “Harry has a tendency to not think things through all the way. He actually has a way of making sure he doesn’t think it through. Especially with words...you know what?” she asked.

“Hmm?”

“Ron has that problem too. As a matter of fact...I think that it might be a problem all men have.”

“Very possible.” They laughed at themselves for a while before walking back to the Great Hall to find Ron. With no sign of Ron anywhere, Dean walked up to the pair and gave Hermione a piece of parchment. “Here. Ron asked me to give this to you.”

She opened it and read a few untidily scrawled words.

Hermione,

Went to Hagrid’s with Harry. Come if you want; and if you’re mad at me too I’m sorry.
-Ron



Ginny laughed at the note in Hermione’s hands. “Wow. What an apology.”

“Never you mind. I wasn’t mad at him to begin with.” Hermione noticed that Dean was still standing in front of them. “Is there something else you wanted Dean?”

“Um, yeah. I was wondering if I could talk with Ginny in private.”

“Sure Dean. Hermione why don’t you go and find Ron?”

“Why not. Just ditch me at the next guy you see why don’t ya?” Hermione smiled back at Ginny as she walked out of the Great Hall.

“What did you want to talk about Dean?”

He looked a little nervous. “Well, I was wondering...with the whole Harry situation. If you wanted to talk about anything. Or if you need that shoulder to lean on. I-I’m here for you. What Harry said wasn’t fair and he deserved every word you threw at him.”

Ginny was taken aback. “I-I, well, thanks Dean. I’ll keep that in mind.” Ginny made to leave but noticed Dean had other plans. “Was there something else you wanted to say?”

“Uh, yes. There is.” He paused trying to find his words.

“Yes?”

“Well, last term. You and I had been going out. Then you owled me over the summer and said that we were over and you didn’t want to explain. Could-could you explain now?”

Ginny lost her words and all she could do was mumble. “I, well...you, Harry.”

“So it was Harry then? He was why you broke up with me?”

She found her speech and answered, “No.” Dean just looked lost. “I hadn’t planned on Harry being there until after we broke up.”

“Then why did you end it?”

“Honestly Dean? It was because Ron was going to do to you exactly what he did to Harry only ten times worse if you had broken up with me.”

“So you were protecting me?”

“In a way. Yeah.”

It was Dean’s turn to be taken aback. “So in that case, in a few weeks, or months maybe, whenever you’re ready really, will there be a chance that we could get back together?”

Ginny hadn’t been prepared for this at all. All she was capable of was stuttering.

“Ginny?”

“W-we-we’ll see Dean, we’ll see.”




Harry woke up to the annoying but expected snores coming from inside Neville’s curtained bed. He turned onto his side and saw that Ron was not in his bed. Still. Hermione had come in last night, Harry was sure of it. For what exactly, Harry didn’t think he wanted to know. But with Ron being gone since before two-thirty in the morning, he was still slightly curious.

When Harry finally found the energy to get up and out of bed, the door to the sixth year’s boy’s dormitory swung open.

“Where were you all night?” Harry asked suspiciously, sitting up. “I wake up at two o’clock in the morning to find your bed empty, figuring that you went to the loo or something, so I go back to sleep without putting another thought on it. Then I wake up again at seven o’clock to find it emptier still, and now you walk in the door with that smirk on your face. Where have you been?” Ron looked very much like a child being caught red handed by his mother, with his hand in the cookie jar.

“Just downstairs,” Ron mumbled.

I should make this harder for him. “I’m sorry Ron, I didn’t seem to have heard that.”

“I was downstairs,” Ron said louder and more sternly.

“And what, may I ask, were you doing downstairs for the past, three o’clock, four o’clock, five o’clock, six o’clock, seven...five hours?” Harry counted aloud on his fingers.

“To tell you the truth I was sleeping.”

“Alone?” Oh, Ron must hate me right now. Harry privately thought.

“Maybe.”

“How very interesting....”

“Sod off,” Ron said irritated.

“Say no more. I’m getting dressed and going down to see Hagrid. Want to join me?”


“Maybe later...I have someone to meet over breakfast.”

After both were dressed they walked down the many flights of stairs to the entrance hall and Harry left Ron at the doors to the Great Hall. Or at least Ron thought so. Harry sneaked back to the door of the Great Hall and watched Ron sit down next to Hermione. Knowing that Ron would be there a long time, Harry ran to the owlery to deliver a message to Ginny saying when and where to meet him later that night.

He then ran through a number of corridors and down a few flights of stairs before turning a corner and running headlong into Draco Malfoy. The Slytherin took a number of steps backward before hitting the wall behind him.

Harry’s eyes drifted from Malfoy’s face to his hand. He was holding a letter that read: Narcissia Malfoy in large loopy letters. Malfoy noticed the direction in which Harry was looking, and he tucked the note into an inside pocket of his robes.

“Nice of you to run by.” Malfoy said in a mock dignified manner. “Are you being chased by something or were you just drawn to my good looks?”

“Snuff it, Ferret.” Harry said as he tried to push by. Malfoy held up his hand as if to wave Harry through. He was a few paces down the hall when he heard Malfoy’s cold voice calling back to him.

“You know Potter, it’s a real shame that you don’t have that girlfriend of your’s around anymore.” At this, Harry stopped with his back to Malfoy. “You kept her on a tight leash, as I’m sure you know. She even stopped going out of her way to get other guys’ attention. Not anymore though. Shame. A real shame.”

“Shut your trap Malfoy.” Harry said through clamped teeth. Harry you can’t let him see this is bothering you. You don’t have “feelings” for her anymore, remember? Just walk away.

“Still defending her are you? Or are you just angry at yourself because you didn’t figure it out sooner? But of course. Why would you think anything like that, being the Boy Who Lived and all. I assume you don’t see the way she looks at all the other guys in this school. Oh yeah, she looks at us differently. It’s a look of longing, Potter. And sadly for you, you’ll never get to see that.”

“I told you to shut your mouth.” Harry said through clamped teeth. The sound of pure detestation in his voice was reverberating off the walls.

“You may pretend not to like me, but deep down, you know you hate me. And maybe in the end, who knows? You may even envy me. That girl does have a nice-”

“Malfoy I’m warnin-”


“What? You’re warning me? Warning me from what? You? Any day Potter. Give me the time and place.”

“Right NOW!” and Harry lunged at him with his fists first. Now, the details here aren’t quite necessary, but here are the highlights. Hit-hit, smack-punch, dodge-whack.....Draco unconscious inside the broom cupboard.

Harry, now having a purple tinge to the spot hit twice now on his face, ran the rest of the way down to the Entrance Hall where he found Ron leaving the Great Hall and heading for the grounds. He caught Ron’s eye and met him at the bottom of the stairs. “I am free of all prejudice. I hate everyone equally,” Harry told Ron once he was in earshot. They started walking out to Hagrid’s.

“Why? Was it Snape?”

“No, Malfoy. I happened to bump into him on my way down here. Well, “bump” is putting it lightly.”

“Hmm, interesting. By the way...down from where?”

“Huh?” Harry asked confused.

“Well. You said that you were on your way down. And when I left you for breakfast you were already on your way out to Hagrid’s. Where were you coming down from?”

Harry, realizing his mistake stuttered, “Well I was...I um-a was...”

“In the owlery maybe? Now, Harry. Can you explain this to me?” Ron asked in an all-knowing, all-seeing, very Trelawney-ish type of voice.

In Ron’s hand was Harry’s note to Ginny. It read:

Gin,

Meet me in the Room of Requirement, at seven o’clock. I Love you.
- Harry


“Ginny left the Great Hall before the post came in.” Ron said. “I took it thinking I’d give it to her when I apologized for being the ass that I was. I thought you were in a deeper hole than I am with her, and yet here this is and there you are.” Ron said indicating Harry’s note. “I think I deserve an explanation from you.”

“Well,” Harry said quietly looking at the ground as they walked. “Ginny and I didn’t break up.”




“Sure Dean. Hermione why don’t you go and find Ron?”

“Why not. Just ditch me at the next guy you see why don’t ya?” Hermione smiled at Ginny as she walked passed her. She took Ginny’s advice and decided to find Ron. As she walked down the stone steps she noticed a small nip in the air. Though it was more than six weeks away, Hermione could feel November coming on hard and strong.

Hermione took her time getting to Hagrid’s hut. Once she was a stone’s throw away from the cabin she could hear raised voices through the open window.

“Well, ya know Harry, Ron’s gotta point...” came Hagrid’s gruff voice.

“NO! I can’t explain it any better. It doesn’t matter what we want, Ron. Nothing more is going to happen. The point of a secret is to NOT tell anyone!”

“But Harry,” Ron said much more calmly. “Can’t you realize that Ginny’s in danger either way?”

“How do you mean? Gin’s much better off without anyone knowing about us. She has a much better chance if I’m not ‘getting her into trouble’ which you well know I will.” Should I be listening to this? Hermione asked herself not knowing if what she was doing would be considered eavesdropping.

“What I mean is....ugh. How do I put this?” Ron let out a small sigh of frustration. “Ginny has been targeted before, without you being in love with her. You still showed a weakness for her while putting her life before your’s. If she were targeted again it still might not matter if your secret was known.....because in the final showdown.....you’d still give a fight for her.”

“But she...”

“GODDAMN IT HARRY!” Ron yelled suddenly. Hermione heard him take a few deep breaths. Much more sedately he finished, “If Ginny were taken, or targeted, or threatened by someone other than Voldemort, would you still go to help her? If it meant people knowing that she is your real weakness?”

Silence.

“Harry?” Ron asked more questionably.

More silence.

“Harry, if you don’t an-”

“You know I would Ron.”


~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~

When Harry saw Ginny come into the Common Room later that afternoon he asked Hermione to give her the note that Ron had taken from the school owl. After reading it Ginny casually glanced at Harry as if to ask why she had to wait so long. He just shook his head in answer. He watched her look longingly at the hands on the clock. She’ll just have to wait ‘til seven.

A few hours later Harry looked up from his homework to the clock for what seemed like the hundredth time, and saw that it was ten to seven. He left Ron at the table they were working at and made his way to the Room of Requirement. I need a good place to talk privately with Ginny. I need a good place to talk privately with Ginny... On his third time past the picture, a door appeared in the center of the wall. He opened the door to find a quaint little sitting room much like a café (minus the coffee, reading material and huge number of people).

Harry found himself a comfortable spot on the two cushion sofa while he waited for Ginny. Five minutes later the door opened and Ginny all but threw herself at Harry and she kissed him passionately. Harry smiled inwardly as he thought about how much time they could spend alone together.

After a fair amount of time Harry pulled away from Ginny. “I missed you,” she said sweetly.

“I missed you too,” Harry replied as thought about the best way to bring up the conversation he needed to start. “How would you feel if we didn’t have to miss each other this much anymore?” Harry asked. The look on Ginny’s face was of utter confusion.

“Meaning?”

“Well.....Ron, Hermione and Hagrid, and maybe Malfoy know we’re faking it.” Now the look on Ginny’s face was a look of utterly confused shock.

“H-how? Why? When?”

“Slow down. It’s not the end of the world or anything.”

“But Harry. That’ll just jeopardize your chances.”

“No Gin. I figured it out. Well....with the help of your brother anyways.” And he went into detail about the day’s events. Harry explained how he had accidentally overreacted to Malfoy and how Ron came across the letter for Ginny. Then the whole conversation with Ron and Hagrid, and how Hermione had burst into the hut nearly in hysterics because she had no idea what was going on.

“So the last two days don’t really matter at all then. We did this for absolutely nothing?” Ginny spoke in quiet anger. “Harry, do you know what today was like for me? It was hell. I was asked out and hit on by nearly every boy older than me in this school. Dean, Harry. Even Dean Thomas asked me out again. And I hated every single second of it. Lying to them all saying, “I’m not quite ready to think about that yet.” or “I need some time to myself first.” I couldn’t be honest and say “Sorry I’m in love with someone else.” I couldn’t say “I would but I plan on marrying Harry Potter someday.” I couldn’t...Oh shit!”

“Ginny!”

“Oh no. Harry just forget I said that. I’m mad at you remember. See? Here is my angry face.” Ginny tried to straighten out her embarrassed face to make it look more stern but only managed half of it.

“Gin, did you say you wanted to marry me?” Harry asked with a broad smile.

She covered her face in her hands as if she were trying to keep in her answer. She pulled them away determinedly and said, “Yes. Yes I did. Harry I want to marry you someday.”

“You do?”

“Yes. I want it all. I want to be your wife, I want to have your children, I want to be Bloody Mrs. Harry Potter.” She looked up at him in an expression of worry.

Harry took her face in both of his hands. “I do too,” he said sweetly and kissed her. “I want to marry you as soon as I can.”

~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~

He opened his eyes to pure blackness. I must be blind, he thought as he waved his hand in front of his face without seeing it. He moved his head up slightly and felt as though he had fallen asleep on top of a bucket. When he moved around he realized that he had in fact fallen asleep on a bucket. Two buckets to be specific. He tried to stand up only to find that when he did this, his head hit the ceiling. He found his wand on the floor and muttered “Lumos,” to gather his surroundings. What the bloody hell am I doing in a broom closet?

Malfoy could not remember what had happened to him to save his life. All he remembered was writing a letter to his mother that morning. He found the letter in his pocket once he walked into the darkness of the corridor. What time could it be? Malfoy looked at his watch and read twenty after two. As discreetly as he could, Malfoy made his way down to the dungeons. He could see the entrance to the common room up ahead of him when he heard the sharp voice of a certain teacher behind him.

“Mr. Malfoy. Give me one good reason why I should not take away every house point your house has earned this year.”

Malfoy looked sincerely into the catlike eyes of Professor McGonagall. “In all honesty Professor?”

“Well that is what I am looking for, yes.”

“As far as I can remember, I have been in a broom closet all day long.”

“And just how do you expect me to believe that?”

Malfoy looked at her with a piercing stare. “I suppose I shouldn’t say you’ll just have to trust me on this one, huh?”

“I believe you are right Mr. Malfoy. I am taking eighty points from Slytherin, and I will be notifying you on your detention time later in the week.”

“Yes professor.”

She turned to walk away and Malfoy, being caught up in the moment gave an offensive hand gesture right before she turned back around. What ever McGonagall was going to say made no difference because she saw Malfoy before his hand could drop to his side.

Instead she smiled mockingly and said, “Next time you wave, use all your fingers please, Mr. Malfoy. I trust you’ll have a good night.” And she watched him tread the rest of the way through the entrance to the Slytherin common room.




~A/N: All in all what was discovered? Important things first: Dean still has feelings for Ginny, Ron and Hermione learn that Harry and Ginny are still together, and Harry and Ginny want to get married. Less important things discovered: Malfoy doesn’t remember what Harry did to him, Malfoy is caught in the corridors after hours, and Ginny broke up with Dean, not the other way around. Thanks goes to all of my reviewers! I love you guys! Quote from the next chapter: “Well aren't we a bloody ray of sunshine?” -Hermione
Something Left Behind by Lady Snuffles
Author's Notes:
Here is a nice chappie on the months of October through December...the mystery begins to unravel...


Disclaimer: If Harry Potter were mine I wouldn’t have killed off (that certain person) at the end of HBP, so you can tell that it doesn’t belong to me.



I hate October, Ginny thought bitterly. With a passion. A diehard passion. Worst month of the year in my opinion. Worst month for Quidditch. Hell, it’s the worst month to go outside.

“Gin, are you okay? You look like you’re going to erupt.”

“I’m fine Harry,” she said slightly annoyed. Not with him but with how her day was going. We should not have practice on a Saturday afternoon, she continued in her mind.

“Are you sure? Harry’s right Ginny. You look a little flushed.”

“And you can tell underneath all of this damned mud?” Ginny complained to her brother. They had just come from a particularly wet Quidditch practice with the fact that it was pouring outside. Katie Bell, who was team captain this year, hadn’t called practice off until Seamus Finnigan’s broom had caught on fire from a lightning strike, and he threatened to spread the flames onto the pitch if she didn’t cancel. Katie had claimed earlier that month that they needed to practice no less than four times a week because even though they now had all seven players in working condition, so did every other team. Andrew Kirke and Jack Sloper being the beaters from the previous year stayed on the team, and Harry took Ginny’s previous spot, much to her relief, and was reinstated as seeker. Ron again played as Keeper, and Katie, Ginny and rookie of the team, Seamus, were this years chasers.

“I just don’t understand why Katie has to be so.....UGH....all the time! I could give her a few pointers on which body parts to stick her broom up!” At this point Ginny began cursing with every swear word known to wizarding kind against Katie and her practice techniques. Harry had never realized she had such an extensive vocabulary.

Ron and Harry were both about ready to gag and cover Ginny’s mouth with her muddy robes that were trailing the ground, when they walked in through the portrait hole to Gryffindor common room. They found Hermione revising her Ancient Runes paper and she didn’t look up until she saw the sets of scarlet robes pass between her and the coffee table she was reading from.

“Well aren't we a bloody ray of sunshine?” Hermione asked the three of them rather cheerfully once they were all seated on the couch next to her. They plopped down with looks of grief, exhaust, and in Ginny’s case, annoyance. They all grunted their replies. “I’m glad you finally came back....I was so lonely up here in this warm, dry, cozy, comfortable tower with my hot chocolate and fuzzy blank-”

And Ginny cut her off saying, “No matter how nice that sounds to me, I need to go and wash off what’s left of the pitch. Then I’m going to bed; I’m beat. See you all in the morning.”

“G’night Ginny,” Ron and Hermione said in unison.

Harry walked her over to the stairs and he kissed one of the only not-muddy spots on her face which, to Harry’s appreciation, was her lips. “Goodnight Harry,” she said in response to his kiss.

“Night Gin. I love you.”

“Love you too.”

~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~

October went by with few highlights. The first Hogsmeade trip was fairly uneventful minus Ron wiping out in the middle of the Three Broomsticks and knocking over at least nine tables and all of the surrounding chairs...and people. Ron admitted that it was because he was over excited about finding a Paracelsus card in his chocolate frog box. One of the top two rarest cards in the entire collection, not to mention the second most expensive if you’re selling.

Most classes were as boring as ever and yet Harry found it harder and harder to keep a straight face in Defense Against the Dark Arts with Ron’s snide remarks. One day in particular had Harry laughing for hours on end. Ron had just attempted to pass Harry a note on which he had drawn an enchanted picture of Stick-Person Ron beating Stick-Person Krum into a small box and throwing it into the lake where the Stick-Giant Squid ate it. Instead of Harry receiving this note it was taken by Krum and shown to the entire class. Krum asked if he could have Ron stay after period and go over his fantastic art capabilities.

After a long and argumentative conversation Ron walked out the door and found Harry waiting for him. “I don't know what his problem is,” Ron hissed to him. “But I bet it's hard to pronounce,” he finished defiantly. Harry didn’t think he’d have made it through any other classes if there had been more after that.

To Harry’s relief, and surprise, Malfoy did not remember Harry stuffing him into the broom closet. He was very pleased however, when he heard that Malfoy had spent the last four Saturday afternoons, and would spend the next six, alphabetizing the books in the library. Without magic. All for being caught in the corridors after hours. Harry, the rest of the Gryffindor’s, and some Ravenclaw’s and Hufflepuff’s, were determined to make this detention hell for Malfoy and they checked out every book they could without looking too suspicious. Making him spend hours figuring out how to alphabetize the invisibility section was Ginny’s idea entirely, which she was very proud of.

Ginny and Harry’s first day back as a “new (old) couple” did not go over well for many people. Especially Ginny. She was given the brunt of every insult from, “Why would he take her back of all people,” to “She’s only in it for the fame.” So Harry, being the great boyfriend he was, threatened every person that made a comment with, “If I hear any more than a snigger from you again, you could find yourself looking very unnatural when you wake up tomorrow.” The couple decided to keep their informal engagement a secret for the time being on account of them “just getting back together.” Ginny said that the ring was not important and she didn’t need one, but Harry knew that deep down Ginny wanted one to show off to the world. She did say, after all, that she wanted to tell people that she hoped to marry him one day. Harry figured that this would be the perfect Christmas gift, so Harry owled Lupin the key to his vault and asked him to take out all of the rings he could find saying that he would explain why as soon as he arrived at Number Twelve for winter break; which was just around the corner.

Surely and strongly, the cold and frozen winds of November came blowing over the castle as faithfully as May follows April. The white of snow and ice covered the grounds of Hogwarts in a blanket twice the height of Professor Flitwick. One day there was no snow....then it snowed for five days straight and Hogwarts received more than six feet worth of snowball ammunition. This caused the first Quidditch match of the season to be rescheduled until after Christmas break, since the only person who’d be able to see the match over the white powder would be Hagrid. Much to Ginny’s delight, all Quidditch practices were cancelled as well.

The D.A. continued through November and the beginning of December. Harry was surprised at how quickly the newcomers were catching on. After Christmas the D.A. could start where they had left off at the end of the last school year; Harry could teach the rookies how to conjure a Patronus. All of the returning D.A. members had a corporeal Patronus. Ginny’s had turned into a beautiful palomino horse, while Seamus’s “something hairy” ended up being a large grey wolf, and Ron’s Jack Russell terrier, unsurprisingly, found a liking for Hermione’s otter.

Harry decided to talk with Lupin during Christmas break about his next steps for the D.A.
Harry had a lot of talking to do with Lupin. So much had happened since they had last met that Harry just needed a wise friend to listen to him.

~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~

“Is there something in particular you’re looking for? Because if you are, I’m sure I’d know where it is. At the rate I’m going, Madam Pince will be fired so that I can do all of the work in this damned library by myself without the cost of an employee,” Draco sneered, the evening before the holidays began.

Ginny was shocked. At first she wasn’t sure if he was talking to her. She actually had to look around to make sure that there was no one else that he could be trying to speak with. Not being too keen to hold a conversation with someone who all but called her a whore (even if he didn’t remember doing it) she said, “I think that someone has to be listening for it to be a real conversation.”

“Why so antisocial?”


“I’m not antisocial, I just don’t like you,” Ginny said flatly.

“Oh, that one hurt,” Malfoy said sarcastically. He held his hand on his heart in mock pain. “But anyways...is there anything I could help you find?” he asked again.

“Nope,” Ginny said just as flat. She picked a random book off of the shelf and walked away to the nearest table to sit and “read.” To her surprise, Malfoy followed her and sat in the seat across the table. “Is there something I could help you with?” she asked.

“Nope,” he answered the same way Ginny had.

She glanced over to the doors of the library and much to Ginny’s relief, noticed Hermione had just walked in. “Listen, Draco,” Ginny said standing up. “I’ve had a perfectly wonderful evening but it wasn’t tonight. There are some other people I’d rather be spending my time with, so if you’ll just excuse me...”

“Frankly...I don’t give a damn. I was just waiting to see if I could bother your pretty little head the same way I could Potter’s.”

“I beg your pardon?” Ginny asked.

“I said, I wanted to see if I could bother you the same way I could bother your boyfriend, seeing as I can’t I’ll just leave you be.” Draco then stood up and pushed in his chair.

As he turned to leave Ginny asked, “Why did you want to know?”

He turned back around with a smile on his face. “Honestly, I really didn’t want to know. I was trying to pry...but you’re a steel vault.”

Ginny still looked confused so Draco continued, “I didn’t get those bruises on my face from nothing. I think I said something to offend your dear Harry, and he’s the one who knocked me out in the broom cupboard. I think that it was him, because I had planned on saying something to him to set him off earlier that day and that something had to do with you. I was just now trying to see if I could poke around enough to get you to tell me if he had done it. Obviously, seeing how stubborn you are, I’m not going to get anywhere so I’ll leave you be.” And with those parting words he left Ginny standing there with a blank expression on her face. She couldn’t believe how close to right his guess was about the day Harry hit him. As a matter of fact, he was right.

After a few more moments of reflecting on Malfoy’s words, Hermione came over to her. “Ginny? I saw Malfoy with you. What did the greasy ferret have to say this time?”

Ginny realized that Hermione, or anyone else for that matter, didn’t really need to know what Draco had said, spit out the first thing that came to her mind. “Hermione...I-I think he was hitting on me. I feel completely violated! I’ll have nightmares for weeks. Ewe!” She gave an involuntary shiver at the mere thought of her words.

“Oh you poor thing,” Hermione said in the most pitiful and heartfelt voice she could come up with. “Don’t worry about it. Tomorrow you’ll be back at the Burrow and there will be so much going on that you won’t even have time to think about him.” And with that the two girls found their books and left the library to finish their packing.

~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~

“Ron, really! How can you possibly still be packing?” Harry asked in mock rage. Ron saw it as a very good imitation of Hermione, so he laughed, earning himself a sharp glare, which was also reminiscent of his girlfriend.

“Well I’ve had to pack, unpack, and re-pack at least three times.”

“Why?”

“I keep forgetting things! And then they don’t fit so then I have to take everything out and reorganize!”

“Honestly Ron....just expand your trunk. It’s not that hard,” Harry said with a small grin on his face. Expanding trunks was not one of Ron’s finer talents.

“Well...maybe I don’t want to....back off,” he said trying to gain the upper hand of the conversation and failing miserably.

“Alright...I’ll be waiting downstairs with the girls.” Once he made it down to the common room he saw both girls sitting on the couch talking in hushed voices.

“If you’re talking about me then there’s no need to whisper,” Harry said sarcastically, thinking that he was nothing close to their topic of the conversation.

“Actually we were,” Ginny said truthfully.

“Ginny!” Hermione squeaked.

“What? I’m not going to lie. Besides, it’s not like this is something we need to keep from him...anymore.”

“What? What is it?”

“We’ll tell you on the train ride. Merlin knows that it’ll be a long one.”

“And why is that?” Harry asked.

“Oh you’ll see,”Ginny answered obscurely. He raised his eyebrows at her, and then their conversation came to end with a loud crash coming from somewhere up the staircase to the boys’ dormitories followed by a series of strained curse words. “Let’s go down to breakfast while “Graceful” finishes whatever he’s doing up there,”Ginny said.

“Sounds good to me.”

“Actually, I think I’ll go help Ron. It sounds to me as though he’s struggling a great deal,” Hermione suggested.

~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~

An hour and a half later Harry, Ron, Hermione and Ginny were all aboard the Hogwarts Express on their ways back home. Ron and Ginny to the Burrow, Hermione to her home in Kent, and Harry to number twelve Grimmauld Place.

“Now tell me Gin. What is this secret that’s not really a secret because you were planning on telling me anyways?”

“You’re curious aren’t you?” Ginny asked suspiciously.

“Well what if I were? Would you tell me?”

“Actually I’d tell you,” Ron answered for her.

“You’re in on it too? Am I the only one that doesn’t know what’s going on?”

“I don’t know what’s going on,” came a dreamy voice from the compartment door. Everyone turned to the door and saw Neville and Luna standing in it.

“What’s new there?” Harry distinctly heard Hermione mutter under her breath.

“Me neither,” Neville said.

“Well why don’t we tell EVERYONE while we’re at it Hermione?” Ron asked in a very frustrated manner.

“Well, do you really think that it’s my fault that Ginny read my diary?”

Harry stared at her transfixed. “Ginny! You didn’t!” She only looked at the ground; the ends of her ears turning slightly pink.

“Oh-yes-she-did!” Hermione said enunciating each syllable.

“What was in“” Harry was cut off by Ginny saying:

“Well it’s not like there had been anything important like this in there the times before!” Ginny supported her response with a stone hard facial expression.

“You read it more than once?” Hermione asked semi-angrily.

“What was so importan“” and Harry was cut off yet again.

“Well what would you like me to do? I’ve already said that I’m sorry.”

“I guess sorry isn’t go-”

“WILL SOMEBODY PLEASE TELL ME WHAT IS GOING ON?” Harry yelled above the argument.

Everyone was silent until Neville spoke up. “Would you like us to leave?” he asked. Everyone but Harry nodded their heads.

“Ok, we’ll check back in a couple of hours then,” Luna said pulling on Neville’s arm.

“Well?” Harry asked once the compartment door was shut.

Ron cleared his throat. And he cleared it again. And more times after that until Hermione elbowed him hard in the ribs. With a sharp intake of breath he said. “I think we figured out where “it” is.” He looked anywhere but at Harry.

“And?” Ginny urged him on.

Ron looked as if he was scared to go on. “And we think that it’s your house.”

“Pardon?” Harry asked still confused.

“Your house...Potter Manor,” Ron said, worried about what Harry’s reaction might be.

“Ron, I hate to break it to you but...my house was destroyed. I thought you knew that.”

“But Harry...your house in Godric’s Hollow was destroyed. Haven’t you ever thought about your parents lives before all of the hiding? Before the war? Don’t you think that maybe they would have had a house? A real house that wasn’t hidden?”

“Well I....um....uh.....no I can’t say that I have.” Harry looked out the window of the train and saw all of the colors and blurred shapes whizzing by. What if Ron’s right? “What makes you think that’s “it”?” Harry asked still staring through the glass.

“Well,” came Hermione’s voice. “When you think about it...and I mean really think about it...what gave you your greatest strengths?” Harry just stared at her completely at a loss. Continuing as if she hadn’t stopped at all she said, “Your parents.”

“Well I’m glad that clears things up,” Harry said skeptically. “It could have been really annoying if you hadn’t explained yourself properly.”

“Here, I’ll try to put it in to perspective for you....um....Flying is one of your best skills. Everyone says that you got your flying skills from your dad.”

Harry still had a partially vacant expression on his face, so Hermione went on.

“Okay well let’s try this one...your strongest and most powerful spell...what is your corporeal patronus? Your da-”

“My dad’s animagus form?”

“Good, good. You’re catching on. And how about this? You get your protection from Voldemort from the love of your mu-”

“My mum’s sacrifice.” Harry looked towards the floor in thought. “But what does that have to do with my old house?”

“This is the best part....I didn’t even get this until Ron explained it to me.” Hermione cut off to let Ron take over for his moment in the spotlight.

“Now, this could be nothing, well I suppose it would still be something, but...if your greatest strengths were the ones that your parents gave you, what is there to say that the “power you need to have a fair duel” between you and Voldemort isn’t something of your parents? Something they left behind for you to have? Nothing at all.”


~A/N: So I did have a reason...it wasn’t just this random idea. Does “it” make at least a small, microscopic way, shape, or form of sense to you now? Next chapter is all about Christmas! Yeah baby! Exciting huh? I love all y’all that review for me! Keep ‘em coming! Quote from the next chapter: “Really mate! Do you have to do that in front of everyone?” -Ron
I would also like to add, that this chapter is dedicated to Edgar Stiles. He was my favorite character on my favorite TV show entitled "24." Was being the key word. Unfortunately, Edgar was killed off and I felt as though I needed to do something in his honor. So Edgar....this chapter belongs to you and your short lived life.*tear*
It’s Beginning to Look a Lot Like Christmas by Lady Snuffles
Author's Notes:
Happy Christmas everybody! Even though it’s not December.....Christmas Eve at the Burrow! Christmas Day at number twelve and Harry finally gets that conversation with Lupin.


Disclaimer: It’s all her’s so I won’t even go there....



Once at the station, Hermione, Harry, Ron and Ginny left the train and walked through the barrier to the muggle world. “Bye everyone! I’ll see you on Christmas Eve!” Hermione said to them as she crossed the platforms to where her parents were waiting. It was then that Harry realized that he would not see Ginny until Christmas Eve. Of course he knew that went for Ron and Hermione as well, but he wasn’t planning on formally proposing to his best mate or his best mate’s girlfriend. He looked deeply into Ginny’s chocolate brown eyes before she swept him into a loving kiss.

“Really mate! Do you have to do that in front of everyone?” Ron asked, parting the couple with a hand on each of Harry’s shoulders.

Harry just smiled looking at Ron and said, “Absolutely.” He turned back to Ginny and gave her a quick kiss on the cheek along with a whisper in her ear. “I love you, Ginny.”

“I love you too,” she said as he pulled away. “I’ll see you on Christmas Eve Day.” Harry nodded as she walked away from him and towards her family. The family that he wished was his. The large family that one day would be his. Oh Merlin! Harry though to himself. I’m getting married to a girl with six brothers...six older brothers. Six older overprotective brothers. She’ll be a widow before we can say ‘I do.’

And with that last frightening thought Harry walked towards the entrance to Kings Cross Station where he was suppose to meet Lupin. He found Lupin sitting on a bench with a woman Harry did not recognize. She had frizzy purple hair that was about four inches long. She wore an orange sweater, blue jeans, and red tennis shoes. As Harry walked closer the woman caught his eye and said, “Wotcher, Harry.” Harry laughed in spite of himself. He should of known that Tonks would be anywhere Lupin was. At least, according to Lupin’s letters to Harry, ever since they had started dating, Tonks practically hung on Lupin’s arm like a key-chain. Not that he minded much. She stood up and gave Harry a hug.

“Hi, Tonks.”

“Hello, Harry!” Lupin said standing up. “All ready to go?” he asked.

“Never been more ready in my life,” Harry answered honestly. “How are we getting home?” Lupin was surprised at Harry’s quick change of definition in the word “home.” In all honesty, so was Harry.

“Portkey,” Lupin answered. “We’ll need to go somewhere less crowded.” Once they found a private corner, Harry, Lupin and Tonks all touched a finger to the fountain pen-portkey and they were on their way to Number Twelve.

~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~

“Now Harry...dear boy...what is it with these rings you wanted me to get for you?” Lupin asked suspiciously after dinner that night.

“Well, Lupin...Ginny and I...well...we’re going to...um...I-”

Tonks came to Harry’s rescue, asking, “Are you going to propose to Ginny?”

A smile slowly slid up Harry’s face as he said, “That’s exactly what I’m going to do.”

“Harry...” Lupin couldn’t seem to bring himself to say the words he wanted to say.

“Yes?” Harry asked smugly.

“Don’t...don’t you think that you and Ginny are a little young to be thinking about marriage?”

“Actually I don’t think that we are. Ginny practically yelled it to my face that she wanted to marry me. Strike that...she did yell it to my face that she wanted to marry me.”

“And you feel the same way?” Tonks asked hesitantly.

If it were possible Harry’s smile grew even more, causing Tonks and Lupin’s faces to do the same. “There is no doubt in my mind,” Harry said taking a deep breath. “that I love Ginny with all of my heart. I want to spend the rest of my life with her by my side.”

“I thought so...well in that case...” Lupin said, reaching for the end table on the side of the sofa. “This is for you.” He handed Harry a box. A single, black velvet box, small enough to fit into the pocket of his robes. “I’m sure that this is not the same coming from me, but...your mum wanted you to have this when you were making this decision.” Harry opened the box and saw the most beautiful ring....a white gold band studded with diamonds all the way around. A large, square cut diamond sat on the very top shining like a candle in the darkness. In the lid of the box there was a note. Harry took it out and read it.

My Dearest Harry,

Since you’re reading this, I guess it means that you are taking that next step in your life. And I guess it means that I’m not there to give this ring to you. If it were either because I was not alive or simply not available, know that I love you with all my heart. I want you to know that this was the ring that your grandmother (Grandma Potter) left to me when she died. Her one true treasure other than your father and grandpa. I’ll never forget how much she cherished it...when you’d ask her it’s price she’d say “Oh my lass, this ring doesn’t have a price anymore. And don’t you forget it!” But enough about grandma. This time is for you. You and that lucky girl. I don’t think that I’ll ever be able to express my happiness for you. I am so glad to know that you have found that one person that you can spend the rest of your life with. If I am alive then I look forward to the wedding, whenever it may be. And if I am dead...then I still look forward to the wedding...only, I’ll be watching it from a different perspective.

Now about this ring...grandpa never told grandma this, but at one point it belonged to the wizard, Merlin. I know that this is hard to believe but your great-great-great-(etc)-grandad, helped in the initial Order of Merlin as a scribe. When Merlin ‘disappeared’ your great-great-great-(etc)-grandad inherited this ring along with a number of other things that your father says can be found in the family vault at Gringotts. Grandpa also said that the ring has an enchantment cast around it, a...connection per say. Before he died, he refused to say whether it worked or not, but he said that it was possible for the wearer and the giver to talk to each other through their thoughts. After death even. I won’t believe it until I see it but you won’t know until you try it out. Grandpa said that you need to say the words inscribed on the inside of the band as you put the ring on the girl’s finger. When translated it means, ‘speak, for love has a voice.’

I wish I could be there when you give the ring (which ever ring it may be) to the woman who stole your heart away. Remember that I am there in spirit...and in your heart. I love you always.

~Mum


Once Harry had read the letter a third time he folded it shut again and took the ring out of the box to examine the band. “Parlare per l'amore ha una voce,” he whispered as he read.

“Gesundheit?” Tonks asked, mistaking Harry’s Italian for a sneeze.

“No, it means “speak, for love has a voice.” It’s an enchantment,” Harry corrected her.

“What is it enchanting?” Lupin asked.

“A mental connection.”

~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~

“Harry....Harry....it’s time to wake up.” Harry opened his eyes to a mass of bright pink hair.

Harry looked up at Tonks and bluntly said, “No,” trying as hard as he could not to smile...failing further, the more effort he put into it. Instead he pulled his covers over his face and grunted an “I really don’t was to get up” grunt.

“Yes,” Tonks said just as bluntly. “And I don’t speak troll so grunting won’t help you. I’ve made breakfast and you need to come and eat it before I give it to Kreacher.”

Harry grunted again...just to see what would happen.

“Well fine then,” was all Tonks said before Harry’s blankets flew off of him and the mattress began to tip sideways. It was almost vertical before Harry finally let go for fear that she would tip the mattress completely over and squish him between it and the box-spring. When Harry hit the wood floor, Tonks did too. Her laughter had taken over her ability to stand so she collapsed to her knees.

“What’s going on in here?” Lupin asked once he saw Harry and Tonks on the floor and Harry’s mattress sideways in the air. “What happened?” Lupin asked giving a slightly less than evil glance at the two of them.

“Harry...fell-out-of-bed!” Tonks gasped between her laughter. This had Harry laughing slightly himself. It was one way of saying it.

Once Lupin had Tonks calmed down the three went to the kitchen for the breakfast Tonks had made. “Eggs and toast. One of the few finer meals I can cook.”

“Is peanut butter and jelly on that list too?” Lupin asked.

“Why of course it is, dear,” Tonks said with mock honesty. “Anything that I can make that you can’t is on that list.”

Harry quickly turned his laugh into a hacking cough and started to drink his orange juice. Lupin decided not to remark because he knew that Tonks would come up with something better. “Why do you always get to win these?” he asked.

“Because you give up,” she answered as she reached for the egg bowl. “Scrambled eggs Harry?” Harry nodded as she scooped them on to his plate. “I’m no Molly Weasley, but I can make scrambled eggs.” She placed two pieces of toast onto his plate next to the eggs.

Harry ate everything on his plate in less than ten bites. He felt as though he hadn’t eaten in weeks and yet he had eaten nearly everything on the table the previous night for dinner. “Harry? Do you always eat that way or are you randomly eating me out of house and home?” Lupin asked thoughtfully.

Harry just shrugged his shoulders muttering something along the lines of “growth spurt.” and swallowed what was left of his orange juice. When Harry went to set down his glass, he accidentally placed it on Tonks’ hand...her left hand. And Harry noticed that for some reason when he did this the glass made a slight ‘tink’ noise. He re-picked up the cup and looked at her hand. Once Tonks realized where Harry was looking she quickly shoved her hand under the table, but not before Harry noticed the glint of a diamond.

“Remus John Lupin!” Harry all but shouted. “You and Tonks are getting married?!” Lupin, who was completely surprised by Harry’s sudden rant stared blankly at him. “And you didn’t tell me?” Still confused Lupin looked to Tonks for help. She merely held up her left hand and looked at her plate as if to say, “He saw it and I didn’t mean for him to find out.”

Lupin, understanding what was going on now, said, “That’s quite alright dear...I was going to tell him soon anyways. It shouldn’t be a secret from Harry after what he told us last night.” Tonks looked up and smiled at her fiancé once he took her hand in his. Lupin turned his attention back to Harry. “Yes Tonks and I are getting married.”

“Well....when did this, happen?” he asked indicating the ring.

“November tenth,” Tonks said quickly as if testing herself to make sure she remembered the date. “It was on my birthday.”

“Well that must have been a good present.”

“It was the best birthday I’ve ever had.”




“Bye everyone! I’ll see you on Christmas Eve!” Hermione said to the three of them once she saw her parents. Ginny then realized that she wouldn’t be able to see Harry until then either. Of course she knew that went for Hermione as well, but Hermione wasn’t Ginny’s fiancé. She looked up at Harry and saw that he was looking deeply into her eyes. Before she put another thought on it she kissed him dead on the lips.

“Really mate! Do you have to do that in front of everyone?” Ron asked, as he tore Harry away from Ginny’s lips. Stupid git of a brother. What a prat. Ginny thought to herself.

Harry smiled and glanced at Ron saying, “Absolutely.” Once Harry had turned back to Ginny he gave her a quick kiss on the cheek and whispered “I love you, Ginny.”

“I love you too,” she said as he pulled away. “I’ll see you on Christmas Eve Day.” She saw him nod and she walked towards her family. Her overly large family that would be bigger very...very soon. Oh shit! She though to herself. He’s marrying me...the girl with six brothers...six older brothers. Six older overprotective brothers. I’ll be a widow before we can say ‘I do.’

And with that last thought she and the rest of the Weasley’s found their way to the ministry car that would take them back to the Burrow.

~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~

Ginny awoke on Christmas Eve morning to the sun shining through her bedroom window. She rolled over so that she could see her alarm clock. 7:18. Who could possibly imagine that on my favorite holiday...I’d get up at 7:18? With the amount of energy Ginny had, she realized that getting out of bed that early was not an option. Instead she laid there until there was a soft tap at the door. Not wanting to admit to the world that she was up before eight o’clock, Ginny closed her eyes and slid further under the covers to pretend that she was still asleep.

Ginny listened to the door creak open slightly and then shut again. She heard her desk chair being picked up and set back down next to her bed. The intruder then sat in the chair. Knowing that listening would do her no good, Ginny slowly opened her eyes as if to say, ‘I just woke up.’

“Good morning, Sunshine,” Harry said once Ginny’s eyes were fully adjusted.

She smiled and said, “Good morning, yourself.” He leaned over and gave her a kiss on the cheek.

“I brought you your breakfast,” Harry told her, pointing to a tray floating near the foot of her bed. “Don’t worry, I didn’t cook it, the food actually tastes good. It’s Tonks’ way of saying ‘Merry Christmas Weasley’s!’”

“Tonks cooked for the whole house? Wait. Tonks can cook?” Ginny asked as Harry levitated the tray up to where Ginny was now sitting up.

“Yup. I’ve been eating her food for the past three days and it comes in as a close second to your mum’s. Well, not close but...your mum’s cooking is way past astonishing so....”

Ginny took a fork-full of eggs and shoveled them into her mouth. After she swallowed she said, “Tonks can definitely make eggs though. That’s for sure.”

There was a quiet tap at the door. “Happy Christmas, you two!” Hermione whispered excitedly as she levitated a similar tray of food.

“Is there anyone else at my house who wasn’t supposed to be here for another three hours?” Ginny asked.

“Well, I just flooed and Lupin and Tonks are here, but other than that, no.” She made a quick glance towards the upstairs and back to Ginny and Harry implying that she wanted to go and get Ron but didn’t want to be rude about leaving her two best friends.

“If you must,” Ginny sighed. Hermione’s face, if possible, brightened up with the fact of going to wake up her boyfriend. She turned to leave and Ginny whispered to Harry. “What ever does she see in him?” Harry let out a small laugh. He knew that deep down...very deep down, Ginny saw something in her brother too. It was just the fact of admitting it to herself.




“Bye Mum, bye Dad! I’ll see you in a couple days.”


“Goodbye sweetheart. Now you’re sure that this floo-whatzit stuff is going to get you to the Weasley’s house safely?”

“Yes Dad. It will bring me exactly where I tell it to.”

“Alright then off you go,” Hermione’s mother urged her on. “I love you sweetie.”

“I love you too Mum.” And with a final goodbye to her parents and a kiss on either cheek, Hermione stepped into the fireplace, throwing down a pinch of her floo powder. “The Burrow!” she said clearly, enunciating each syllable just to be sure.

Hermione saw dozens upon dozens of Christmas trees and decorations in nearly every fireplace she passed. By the time she fell out of the Burrow’s fireplace her elbows had been hit thirteen times, she had multi-colored lights in front of her eyes and she was so dizzy that she just sat on the floor where the Floo Network spit her out.

“Hermione are you alright?” came a hoarse voice from the sofa. She looked up to see multiple Lupin’s, sitting on it with a number of copies of the Daily Prophet in his hands.

“Yes I’m fine,” Hermione said shaking her head. This only made it worse. “Just a little lightheaded, is all.”

“Here, eat this,” he said handing her a piece of Honeydukes chocolate. She took it gratefully and found, once she was done, that the room had stopped spinning and there was in fact only one Lupin.

“Thank-you. I feel much better...why is that?”

Lupin laughed slightly. “That is for me to know and you to find out.”

“Remus,” Came the cheery voice of Tonks, from the kitchen. “Everyone’s breakfast has been delivered except for Ron and Herm...is Hermione here yet?”

“As a matter of fact she is. Just arrived.” Tonks walked into the living room to find Hermione getting off of her knees.

“Would you like to go and wake up Ron?” Tonks asked Hermione, already knowing the answer.

“Of course I would.” Tonks loaded twice the amount of food onto a single tray for Hermione to bring up and share with Ron. She levitated it in front of her and began to ascend the stairs to Ron’s room. She stopped only briefly at Ginny’s door to find her and Harry discussing the food.

“...your mum’s cooking is way past astonishing so....”

Hermione watched as Ginny ate a fork-full of eggs. “Tonks can definitely make eggs though. That’s for sure.”

Hermione tapped on the door to announce her presence. “Happy Christmas, you two!” Hermione whispered to them.

“Is there anyone else at my house who wasn’t supposed to be here for another three hours?” Ginny asked implying that she hadn’t been expecting either her or Harry being there yet.

“Well, I just flooed and Lupin and Tonks are here, but other than that, no.” I really should go and wake up Ron before the food cools down. Hermione thought to herself. She glanced up the stairs and back to Ginny and Harry.

Knowing exactly what Hermione’s eyes meant Ginny sighed, “If you must.” As Hermione turned to leave she thought she heard Ginny mumble something along the lines of “what does she see in him?” Hermione just shook her head. In time she knew that Ginny would see the good things in her brother. There were many after all.

Hermione finally came up to Ron’s door. Slowly she cracked it open, just enough for her and the tray to fit through, and closed it behind her. She saw him laying on his bed fast asleep. Hermione could tell he was dreaming because he had that expression on his face. The one that she knew said, ‘I’m going to kiss you whether you like it or not.’ To be honest, when didn’t she like it? She set the food down on the bedside table just before leaning over to kiss Ron awake. It didn’t take him long to respond. The kiss grew slightly stronger before Hermione sat back on the bed. “Good morning,” she told him as he sat up in bed, the blankets falling off of his chest. Her eyes sparkled at his shirtlessness. Where did those come from? She wondered about Ron’s chiseled abs. They were definitely not there last summer. I know that for a fact.

“Christmas Eve morning,” he corrected her. “That was a lovely early Christmas present by the way.”

“Oh, it was nothing,” she said with modesty.

“Well, actually it wasn’t nothing. I’m sure it was something because I rather enjoyed it,” he said hinting slightly. Hermione heard it but decided not to let on quite yet. She levitated the tray so that it was right between the two of them.

“Tonks says, ‘Happy Christmas Eve morning.’ She made breakfast....did you know that she could cook?” Ron shook his head. Grabbing his fork. Food was food to him.

They ate their meal and (after a moment where their mouths were doing something other than chewing) went down to the living room where everyone had gathered. Ron glanced at Harry who was counting the people in the room now that he and Hermione had entered. “That’s thirteen Lupin! We’re all here. It’s now or never!”

Everyone looked over to where Lupin was sitting on the sofa. All but Harry looking incredibly confused. “Well,” Lupin started. “Tonks can you come over here please?” he asked as he stood up, and held Tonks left hand, hiding the ring. Her facial expression telling everyone that she was just as lost as any of them. “As you all know, Tonks and I have been dating for some time now. But what you may not know is that I had come to the end of our relationship as sweethearts some time ago.” Tonks, who had been looking anywhere but Lupin the whole time, whipped her head in his direction not believing her ears. He looked into her eyes as he said the next few words. “I came to this conclusion, so that we can put these last few months behind us and look onto the years that come to us as husband and wife.” Smiles were evident on the engaged couple’s faces as the crowd in the Weasley’s living room applauded. Tonks wrapped her arms around Lupin’s neck. “I love you,” he said.

“I love you too. So much.” She leaned back and gave him a quick kiss on the lips before releasing him and showing off her ring to the rest of the company.

The rest of the day went by with many good laughs credited to Fred and George, lots of good food thanks to Mrs. Weasley, tons of excitement given to everyone in the household, and very little drama taken by the gratitude towards the little things that life was made of. Just before sunset Lupin had to leave on account of his ‘furry little problem.’ He apologized profusely, to Mrs. Weasley about the full moon falling on the twenty fourth of December and about having to leave the party early. She practically chased him out of the house telling him that it wasn’t his fault and if he didn’t leave soon there would be a ‘big furry problem.’

Shortly after Lupin left, Fred and George set up their newest creation of Weasley’s Wizard Wheezes Fireworks, specifically labeled, “Weasley’s Do It Yourself Firework Display.” They watched as the many colors, booms, and phrases whizzed through the frigid air. There were a couple conspicuous sentences that had everyone laughing. For example, “I wouldn’t be doing that, Ron!” flashed through the sky when, sure enough, Ron and Hermione were sitting curled up together under a tree kissing.

Wrapped inside the same blanket, Harry kissed Ginny on the back of her neck warming her from head to toe. She turned her face up towards him where he surprised her with a kiss on the lips. Once they parted he said, “I love you Ginny Weasley.”

She looked around to make sure that no one could hear her and whispered, “that’s Ginny Potter to you. I love you too, Harry.” With that said, Ginny laid her head on Harry’s warm chest and watched the rest of the show.




A/N: OK.....when I was half way done writing this chapter, I was at eleven pages. AT HALF WAY! So I decided to put Christmas Break in a nice little trilogy of sorts. I wouldn’t have been able to handle all of the howlers you all would send me saying “This chapter was WAY too long! I just wanted it to be over!” And let me tell you that that is not what I want you to get out of these chapters at all. They are really important and you need to be paying very close attention to what happens. And plus....this way you get updates quicker than what you normally would get from me. Quote from the next chappie: “It’s a stupid reason really. I lost control of my broom when I was flying to my parents house. I don’t remember the falling part too much, but I remember colliding with a large stone wall and then hitting the solid stone concrete of my parents backyard patio.”-Lupin.
Nothing...Anything...Everything by Lady Snuffles
Author's Notes:
Christmas Break Part Two: Harry finally gets that conversation with Lupin.


Disclaimer: I’m afraid of lawyers......please don’t sue me! It’s not mine...you can’t!


She woke up to find that it was quarter to midnight and she really needed a glass of water. She walked across the hallway to the kitchen where she ran headlong into something moving. “Whaaaa!”

“Hoaa!”

“Harry! You scared me,” Tonks said sleepily. “What are you doing up this late?”

“I was waiting for Lupin to get back. I have a few things I wanted to discuss with him.”

“Anything I can help you with?” Tonks asked grabbing a glass out of the cupboard.

“No...at least I don’t think so. It’s guy stuff.”

“Guy stuff?” She dropped a few ice cubes into the glass and went to fill it up.

“Well girls have girl stuff that you really don’t like to talk to guys about and believe it or not, guys have guy stuff that they really don’t like to talk to girls about.”

“Really? I didn’t know that guys had guy stuff,” she said leaning against the counter.

“Mm-hm.”

“Alright then. I’ll just head back to bed. Remus should be home in a few minutes anyways so you shouldn’t be lonely too much longer.”

“Okay, good night.”

“Night.”

Harry then found his way to the living room where he sat in front of the hearth waiting for Lupin to return home. In no more than seven minutes, there was a popping noise announcing that Lupin had just apparated beside him.

“Hello Harry. Were you waiting for me?”

He nodded his head. “Yes, I was hoping we could talk.”

“About?”


“Nothing....anything...everything.”

“Me too.”

~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~

For hours Harry and Lupin talked about everything they could think of. Most of it having to do with Sirius or Harry’s parents.

“...then she started screaming and ran away,” Lupin laughed sadly. He had just finished telling Harry about the first time the Marauders went to Hogsmeade on a full moon. “Every full moon after that James was as excited as I wasn’t. He, for some odd reason, liked to scare people out of their wits. But his favorite part of all was the transformation. If James had actually thought about it, he probably would have found a way to use his animagus to help him romance your mother.”

“How did my Dad finally convince my Mum to go out with him anyways? Last I heard she would rather have gone out with the giant squid,” Harry asked, thinking about the incident in Snape’s memory the previous year.

“It was on a whim really...it’s a very good story. I still crack up thinking about it.” Here Lupin laughed reliving the memory in his mind. “Your parents had ended up being partners for a long term project in their sixth year. It was Charms I think. Most of it was out of class really, so they had a lot of “alone time” together. Your dad asked Lily to go on a date with him every single time they met to work. One night when they were in the common room working, James was really irritating your mum and she snapped. I’d never seen Lily so vexed in my life. She told James that if he’d shut up and stop asking her out she’d kiss him,” Lupin paused, giving Harry the feeling that he wasn’t going to go on.

“And?” Harry asked impatiently.

“Well, she kissed him...and he kissed her back, for a very, very long time. Sirius, Peter and I, who happened to walk in the room at the wrong time (no, we were not spying), were afraid that your parents were going to asphyxiate themselves. All I can say on that matter is that quite a few third years never acted the same way after seeing that.....after that night it was really hard to get them apart. The only time we really saw James without Lily was during the few classes they didn’t have together and on full moons.”

“Where did their relationship go from there?” Harry asked bemused. He was surprised on how much it was like his and Ginny’s beginning. It all started with a kiss.

“All through seventh year they were dating and about three months after Hogwarts James popped the question. That’s quite a funny story too, actually.”

“How did he propose?”

“Oh boy...where to begin is the question. Let’s see...oh yes. It was the day after your Dad’s parents, would have been, 23rd wedding anniversary. He was very upset because they had died only a five months prior. That night Peter, Sirius, Lily and I threw your grandparents an anniversary party to cheer your dad up. It helped a lot. He was even dancing with your mum a little. Everyone fell asleep in Lily’s living room and her parents woke us up. They were very, shall we say, disturbed...by the fact that Lily had spent the entire night with four men in the same room with her. One of which she was laying on when she woke up.”

“That must have been strange. How angry were my grandparents?”

“Pretty furious. After Sirius, James, Peter and I left your mum’s house James was ecstatic though. We all thought he had flown the coop. He had just been scolded by his girlfriends parents and he had never had a bigger smile on his face. When we asked him what was up he said he was going to propose to Lily. Then when we asked him why, James said it was because of something Lily’s parents had said to her. It was along the lines of “You’re not even engaged to him yet.” So he figured Lilly wouldn’t want to be yelled at for the same problem again. We thought it was a very sensible reason, coming from James.

“That night Lily came to my house, which was where your dad was staying for a while, and he proposed when dessert was brought out. James had put the engagement ring in the piece of chocolate cake so that the, rather...eh-hem...large, diamond was the only part sticking out. She looked from the cake to your dad and back to the cake again. When she looked at your dad for the second time she was almost in tears. He pulled the ring out of the cake and knelt down on one knee. I will never forget the words he said either.”

Lupin reminisced on the moment before continuing. He recited as if it were a poem. “Lily Evans, the love of my life. You’ve made me realize what love really is and you changed my life in that first kiss back in sixth year. You have made all my dreams come true. No matter where life might take me now, I could never imagine a day of it going by without you in it. I thought something this special could never come true, but for the past few years I've waited, and I'm so thankful I did because then we wouldn’t have this moment right here, and now. I can hardly wait for the day you walk down the aisle because from that day forward you would be forever by my side. I'll be there when your happy and sad every step of the way. I look forward to the memories we will make, and the family we will have. There is one final thing I want to say to you and that is, from now to the end of time I have committed myself to you. I love you Lily. Will you marry me?” Lupin looked at Harry when he was done reciting.

“My dad really said that?”

“Yep.”

“Wow, you weren’t lying when you said that he was a sap...how did Mum react?”

“She started crying less than half way through his proposal. When he finished she could barely mumble. Your mum just kept nodding her head saying uh-huh. When your dad put the ring on her finger she said “Ask me again!” James said “Lily, will you marry me?” “Yes! Ask me again.” and he asked her again and then from that point forward until the day she died she never took off that diamond.”

“Where is her ring? I don’t think I’ve ever seen it in my vault at Gringotts.”

“I know that she wasn’t buried with it on account of, I was at the funeral. When I said my last goodbyes, I placed my hand on hers and I know that I didn’t see or feel it. That might be another something to look for up in the attic here.”

“Speaking of...what else have you found up there?”

“Well, I really haven’t been looking too hard. Just every once in a while when I think of something that I know Sirius had. I found boxes of pictures from Hogwarts, old books, letters from his girlfriend....”

“Sirius had a girlfriend?”

“Most definitely. The only one he ever had.”

“What happened to her?”

“She and her family went into hiding when Voldemort came around the first time. He never admitted it to my face but I read in the Daily Prophet that she was killed in an attack at their hiding place by the Death Eaters...her father was next in line to be the Minister of Magic so he was an obvious target. Such a shame. She was such a nice girl. Very pretty...never put anyone down, always had a smile on her face. Once she died, Sirius was never really the same around any girls other than you mother. Lily really did help him through a lot of his grief.”

“What was her name?”

“Adhara Major. We thought that they made the perfect couple just because of their names.” Harry looked at Lupin confused. “I can tell that you don’t have much of a memory when it comes to Astronomy. Sirius and Adhara are the two brightest stars in the constellation, Canis Major.” Lupin laughed slightly before asking, “Do you know what the constellation makes up?” Harry shook his head this time. “A dog. Specifically “The Greater Dog,” one of Orion’s two hunting dogs. We told them to get married and call their child Canis Minor. I’m sure that was on Sirius’s mind every second he was parted from Adhara, because in the last moments before she left him, she said that if he was still waiting for her when the war was over, she would marry him. Sadly, that never happened. But he still waited. He waited until the end,” Lupin finished looking down at the floor casually.

“Is that why I don’t have a godmother then?” Harry asked changing the subject somewhat.

“In a way yes. The other reason is just because, we were in war...it was hard to keep connections with the few friends we still had alive. If anyone would have been you godmother it probably would have been one of your mother’s closer friends.”

“Do you know why my parents picked Sirius as my godfather? Why not you or Pettigrew?”

“I’m not one hundred percent sure, because I know that for a fact, Sirius was your father’s best friend. But I was closer to your mother than Sirius was so that could have had an effect if I hadn’t been...well...well, the problem was...I was unconscious in a hospital bed when you were born.”

“Pardon?”

“It’s a stupid reason really. I lost control of my broom when I was flying to my parents house. I don’t remember the falling part too much, but I remember colliding with a large stone wall and then hitting the solid stone concrete of my parents backyard patio.”

“Why hadn’t you just apparated?”

“Apparating to my parents’ house was like trying to apparate into Hogwarts. It just wasn’t possible....but anyways. I was unconscious for three days before you were born and six days after. They still don’t know what was wrong with me but I just wouldn’t wake up. When I did, I opened my eyes to the smile of one of the cutest babies I’d ever seen. He also had more hair than a newborn is supposed to have.”

“Speaking of children.....are you and Tonks going to be expecting anytime soon?”

“Harry, you may be treading very close to dangerous waters. No, we won’t be having kids anytime before we are married and that won’t be until after the war at least. Same question to you....same answer too, I hope.” Lupin cringed at the thought of what he said.

“Absolutely not. I’d never forgive myself if I died and Ginny was having my child. No, we definitely won’t be having children until after the war.....if I even make it through the war.”

“Now Harry, even if you don’t think you can make it through...I know you will. The entire Order knows that you can defeat Voldemort. I’m even going to assume that you are doing something about the whole issue right now.”

“As a matter of fact....I am. Now here is a question for you. You remember the whole ‘it’ thing before I went to Hogwarts this summer?” Lupin nodded his head. “Well thanks to Ron and Hermione, we’ve come to a decision about a few things. Some of which are pretty obvious and others that took much more time to come to a conclusion.” At this point Harry went into how Ron discovered that “it” was a place, not a thing. Then he went on to the morning of the train ride back to London and about the real Potter Manor. “And now...because you are the only living friend that my parents have left...I was wondering if you could tell me if my parents had a real house before Godric’s Hollow,” Harry said very business-like. “and if so....what happened to it?”




A/N: This is the shortest chapter in my trilogy.....the last one’s coming up next, obviously. Here’s the quote: “Did you boys have a good slumber party?” -Tonks
A Bit of Holiday Spirit by Lady Snuffles
Author's Notes:
Christmas Day at Number Twelve! Will Ginny like her Christmas gift from Harry? And what will the rest of the Weasley’s do once they know about the engagement?


Disclaimer: Just to solve any upcoming court problems with the scary lawyers......“Jo, this all belongs to you.”


“Oh! How cute? The men of the house fell asleep downstairs. Did you boys have a good slumber party?!” Tonks yelled Christmas morning, when she found Harry and Lupin both asleep in the armchairs. She was already wearing her Weasley sweater, orange with a white ‘T’ in the middle. Her hair closely resembled the color surrounding her initial.

“Merry Christmas to you too,” Lupin muttered opening only one eye to the light of day.

“Oh get up,” Tonks said grabbing Lupin’s arm and pulling him off of the chair. “You look like you haven’t showered in days...go take care of that. Harry and I will tidy up before everyone gets here.” She looked at the coffee table which had an assortment of food and drinks. “Oi,” she mumbled under her breath as she took out her wand and began sending dishes to the sink, trash to the bin, and food to the pantry.

Harry started by straightening cushions, and picking up random crumbs that were too large to go unnoticed. He watched as Tonks placed two logs of wood in the fireplace and started a flame. They went about cleaning until Lupin came downstairs. He too was wearing his Weasley sweater but this one white with an orange ‘R.’ Harry turned his laugh into a hacking cough....again....he had found that he was getting very good at doing so with the fact of Lupin and Tonks being a couple was very.....for lack of a better word....sappy.

“Hello sweetheart,” Tonks said as Lupin kissed her on the cheek. “You clean up well,” she said.

“Fresh as a daisy,” Harry teased. Tonks laughed slightly. Lupin just looked annoyed. She went back to the dishes she was washing and Lupin walked over to Harry.

“Harry, you might want to go and check the foot of your bed,” he whispered. “I’ll take over for you.” Harry knew that this actually meant, ‘scram because I have a special present to give to Tonks,’ but he didn’t let on that he did. Instead, Harry just nodded his head with a half smile and obediently went upstairs to open his presents.

He was given purple socks with orange poke-a-dots and green socks with red Santa hats from Dobby. Mrs. Weasley gave him the traditional Weasley sweater along with a mound of chocolate fudge. He was given a book on animagi from Lupin and Tonks, more photo’s to add to his photo album from Hermione along with an assortment of Honeydukes chocolates, and a new pair of quidditch gloves from Ron. Fred and George sent him the “Skiving Snackbox Booster Pack” at a good time too because his Fever Fudge was running very low. His last gift was from Ginny. Strangely enough she had given him a pillow. It was red, smooth as silk and as soft as a cloud. It was embroidered with intricate designs and shapes in thin black thread. The note read:

Harry,
Happy Christmas! This is for the many upcoming nights that we can’t spend together. But soon enough we will be married and can share the same bed. For now use this...hold it tight...I’ll feel your arms around me when you do. Yes that’s right. I can feel what the pillow feels. You’re tempted to do it...go ahead, give the pillow a hug. Check the time and I’ll tell you right when I felt it just to prove to you that it works. If only you could whisper in my ear it’d be as if we were laying next to each other. I suppose that this will have to be my comfort during the long and lonely nights. I love you!

~Ginny (soon to be Potter) Weasley


Harry looked over to the clock. Nine thirty-two. He looked at the pillow and thought, this is so weird, and hugged it.

~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~

“Ohh! That was weird!” Ginny said once she felt an invisible pair of arms wrap around her and release her. “What time is it?” Ginny asked Hermione.

She picked up the watch Harry had given her and said, “about nine thirty.”

“But what time exactly?”

Hermione sighed. “Nine thirty-two. Why?”

“Because Harry hugged the pillow,” she answered nonchalantly.

“Oh yeah...I forgot about that. We did that spell so long ago.” Ginny just shrugged her shoulders and went back to opening her presents. Amongst the remaining boxes there was a note from Harry. It read:

Gin,
You’ll be receiving your present from me later in the day....I promise you’ll love it. I just need to be there in person to give it to you. I love you!
~Harry


She read it a second time before, “Oh my GOD!” Hermione looked from her hands in her lap, to Ginny, to her hands in her lap, and back to Ginny again. “I-I-I....H-he...OH MY GOD!”

“Hermione....take a slow deep breath...speak.”

“I-it’s Ron’s gift...h-he gave...I-I mean....look!” Hermione held up a red velvet box that was holding a pair of beautiful, silver diamond earrings, and a diamond bracelet. “Th-they’re gorgeous and...and...”

“Real?” Ginny asked attentively.

“Ron bought me DIAMOND earrings! Diamonds Ginny!”

“Well it’s a damn good thing that you’ve got your ears pierced then huh?” Hermione reached up and touched her earring holes out of instinct. “Well are you going to put them in or not?”

Hermione smiled at the very thought and took the jewelry out of the box. “Here help me with this,” Hermione said after trying to put the bracelet on herself at least three times.

“They’re beautiful Hermione,” Ginny said once the bracelet was hooked and she had time to admire it outside of the box. Ginny watched in amusement and a slight bit of awe as Hermione admired her new treasures in the mirror above the desk.

Ginny went back to her bed where she opened her next gift. It was from Hermione. A square box wrapped in purple paper; the weight was off kilter so she had to lay it down on it’s side to open it. Once the paper was torn off, Ginny opened the box to find a picture camera along with a years supply of film and a carrying case.

“Hermione! You bought me a camera?”

“Yeah well. I saw how you watched Colin with his camera and you looked very much like you wanted one. So I talked to him about the ‘what’s what’ of cameras and he told me to get this one. A Cannon Wide-shot four-thousand something or other with the professional this and that. I don’t really know, but hey...I bought you a camera. And I did it without looking too much like an idiot in a muggle electronic store.”

“Will it work at Hogwarts?”

“Yup. I placed the battery-magic conversion spell on it so it should work just the same.”

“I can add more pictures to Harry’s book now too.”

“That was part of the idea, yeah.”

Ginny flashed a picture right in Hermione’s face and said, “I’m going to go take a picture of Ron!”

“For what? Why?” she asked as she blinked the purple and green splotches out of her eyes.

“Blackmail of course,” she said walking out the door. She stopped and poked her head back around the doorframe “Oh, and Hermione?

“Mm-hm?”

“Thanks....you have no idea what you’ve just started.”

Hermione watched as Ginny disappeared in full and tip-toed out of sight. She shook her head as her friend went to take incriminating photos of Hermione’s boyfriend. When she shook her head Hermione was amazed at how much her bracelet sparkled when it was only slightly moved from one spot to another in the sunlight. She reached up and felt her earrings and thought, I’m very glad that I didn’t get Ron another book this year. She went over to her bed and just as she sat down she heard Ron’s voice yell, “Ah! Ginevra Molly Weasley! What the hell are you doing with that?”

“Language Ronald!”

“Sorry Mum.”

“Just taking a picture!” Hermione heard Ginny yell back as she thundered down the steps. Suddenly Ginny skidded into the bed room and collapsed onto her furry lime-green rug laughing hysterically. She controlled herself long enough to say, “He was wearin’ nothin’ but his socks and boxers.” Then at the thought of it she burst out laughing again.

“Ginny?” Hermione asked trying not to laugh herself. “Do you think I could have a copy of that?” Ginny stopped laughing to see if Hermione was serious. She looked up at her smiling friend and started laughing again seeing that she was.

~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~

“Girls! Are you anywhere near ready yet? It’s quarter to eleven! We’ll be late!” Mrs. Weasley shouted up the stairs.

“Oh please mum!” Ginny yelled as she walked up to her bedroom from the bathroom for the fifth time, Hermione trailing behind her with a magical curling-iron. “It’s not like it really matters what time we get there. I’m sure it’s not going to be a big deal if we’re not there directly at eleven o’clock.”

“Ginny you need to hold still,” Hermione hissed quietly.

“Ginevra, can I please not have attitude from you today?” Mrs. Weasley replied pleadingly.

“It’s best you listen to your mum today Ginny,” Mr. Weasley whispered as he stopped at the door to the girls’ room.

“Yeah, Dad. Sure,” Ginny sighed before yelling, “We’ll be down in a minute Mum!” then addressing Hermione she said, “Are you anywhere near finished yet?”

“If you held still I would be.”

“Fine,” Ginny said sitting down on her bed.

“Now was that so hard?” Hermione asked.

“No...it’s just that there is so much that needs to be done still!”

“I’ll give you a hand.”

“I can’t find where I put my sweater-”

“It’s on my bed.”

“I don’t know where my other brown shoe is-”

“Downstairs in the bathroom.”

“I’ve only got one earring-”

“Over there on the desk.”

“And my hair will be in my face all day!”

“I’ll pin it back,” She said setting down the no-heat iron. She pushed two clips up on the sides of her head so that the curls wouldn’t fall into her eyes. “There. Done. Now what did you need help with?”

“Um...sweater, shoes, earrings, hair...I think you’ve covered it all. Thanks Hermione!” Ginny said pulling her sweater over her head carefully so as not to ruin her newly finished hair. “You know what Hermione?” Ginny asked as she stuck the earring through her ear. Hermione just looked up at her from the bed in response. “You are going to make one hell of a mother one day.” Hermione just smiled realizing how very much she was like her own mum.

There was a knock at the door and Ginny and Hermione turned their heads simultaneously to find Ron standing in the frame. “Mum says come in two minutes or we’re leaving without you.”

“Oh geeze!” Ginny said as she swept past her brother and down the stairs to the bathroom again.

“Happy Christmas,” Ron said entering the room.

“Happy Christmas to you too,” Hermione said walking over to him. She kissed him on the lips just after she said, “Thank-you so much for the jewelry.” She kissed him for those last two minutes before, “We’re leaving!” was yelled up the stairs.

Ron smiled more than he already was and grabbed Hermione’s hand before running down the steps just in time to catch the portkey that would take them to Number Twelve. “That’s eight of us. Let’s go Dad,” Charlie said above the noise in the kitchen.

“Ok. Everyone got hold of the plate?” With seven nods in Mr. Weasley’s direction, he activated the portkey and they were on their way to Grimmauld Place. Ginny pleaded with herself to stand up when they landed...a wish that was not granted. She found herself on her hands and knees. Well it’s better than my back. Ginny told herself. She looked up to see Harry standing next to her with his hand out. She took it gratefully and being the wise one she was, pushed Harry over the arm of the sofa with the leverage of his pull on her hand, where she kissed him for everyone to see. She felt him smile against her lips which only made her kiss him stronger.

There was laughter all around before they heard, “Alright, alright. That’s enough from you two,” Lupin said grabbing Ginny around the waist and setting her on the floor next to him. Harry frowned at Lupin but took his hand anyways. Tonks and Lupin carried out the welcoming as Harry looked over to Ginny where she mouthed the words “nine thirty-two.”

It took a few seconds to comprehend what she was saying then he nodded his head slightly in understanding...then whipped his head up in realization of what had happened. Ginny suppressed a giggle and mouthed the words, “We should talk soon,” and nodded her head towards the stairs. This put a smile on Harry’s face. Everyone found a spot in the living room just before three popping noises were made and another pair of red heads appeared along with a black haired Angelina Johnson.

“Hello all,” George said happily.

“Did we miss the party?” Fred asked. George cleared his throat slightly as if reminding Fred of something. “Oh...and I’ve brought the lovely Angelina along with me today.”

Everyone chorused their “hello’s” as Fred and Angelina found themselves a seat along the couch on the floor.

“Oi, midget...move over,” George said to Ginny forcing her onto Harry’s lap to open a spot for himself on the sofa. Not that Ginny or Harry disapproved.

“You know George, everyone in this room except you and Charlie have their “significant other” with them,” Ginny pointed out.

“Or on them,” Ron added.

Charlie cleared his throat. “That would be because my “significant other” is in Romania with her family.” Everyone stared at him as if he were crazy.

“Charlie! Since when? Why haven’t you told us? What’s her name? How old is she?” Mrs. Weasley asked in sequence without taking a breath between each question.

“We’ve been dating since last October, I haven’t told you because there hasn’t been much time to, her name is Sonia Vörös and she is three months younger than myself.”

“Charlie...you’ve met a local,” Bill taunted. Charlie just smiled and shrugged his shoulders.

“Well in that case, George,” Hermione said brightly. “We may just have to set you up with someone.” Hermione looked around at the other girls in the room. “Any free friends, ladies?”

“Oh! I have zee most purfect perzon for you. ‘Er name eez Lacy and she eez only a year or so younger zen yourself,” Fleur said from the arm of Bill’s chair.

“What about Alicia, George? I thought you always had a thing for her,” Angelina asked.

“You know George, after you and Fred left last year, I distinctly remember Lavender Brown saying how very handsome you looked talking back to Umbridge like that,” Ginny supplied.

“Parvati agreed too,” Hermione added.

George laughed slightly as he said, “Thanks anyways girls, but I quite enjoy the easy life of a bachelor.” With that said the couples in the room marked it as a lost cause. The conversation opened up to lighter topics such as food and gifts and how others would be spending the rest of the break.

There was a ‘ding’ noise that came from the kitchen and Tonks jumped up from Lupin’s lap in a flash and rushed into the other room. She came back and said, “Lunch is ready, so come on into the dining room.” Tonks led the way to the formal dinning room saying, “Remus and I found the room after we cleaned what we thought was a closet. But once we got to what we thought was the back there was actually a sheet hanging down covering the doorframe. We took it off and found this.” She gestured to the spacious room they had just walked into. There was a table made of pure oak that was large enough to hold the staff at Hogwarts with room to spare. The thirty-some chairs were all carved elaborately with alternating scarlet and gold cushions and each of the fourteen sets of china were sparkling with that fresh out of the china hutch shine.

“Tonks you have outdone yourself,” Mr. Weasley praised ten minutes through their meal.

“Oh please, Arthur. Give me a break. This isn’t even close to exceeding Molly’s cooking. I didn’t even do all the work myself. Harry helped in the kitchen and Remus.....uh...set the table?”

“Ha ha ha,” Lupin mock laughed as Harry and Tonks shared a joke between themselves.

“Well, he did a fine job in that,” Mrs. Weasley said respectfully patting Lupin’s arm.

~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~

“Gin? Are you finished yet?” Harry asked just as Ginny set her spoon in the remains of her chocolate pudding bowl. She nodded and turned to her mother.

“Mum, may we be excused?” she asked politely in her, “I’m the most perfect and polite little girl in the world so give me what I want,” voice.

“Of course dear,” Mrs. Weasley said only half turning away from the conversation she was having with Fleur.

Harry grabbed Ginny’s hand as he stood up and saw Lupin wink at him. Lupin knew exactly what Harry was doing just now, and he couldn’t have been happier for him if he had planned it himself. They walked their way to the back door that led to the gardens. It was as predicted with the weather. Mildly windy, not too cold and a small, gentle snowfall was all about them.

“Harry, where are you taking me?” Ginny asked suspiciously.

“To give you your Christmas present,” he answered.

“Oh, Harry. What is it?”

“You’ll see,” was all he’d give. They walked hand in hand until they came to a little courtyard of sorts where a fountain had frozen over. He brought her next to a bench. “Sit here and close your eyes,” Harry requested excitedly. She did as she was told. Harry reached into his pocket and pulled out that same black velvet box Lupin had given to him the first night at Grimmauld Place. He knelt down on one knee and placed the box in Ginny’s hand as he said, “Open your eyes.” After a quick second of comprehension, Ginny’s eyes were brimming with tears threatening to escape.

“Harry, you....you got me a...you didn’t have to...this is way too much! I don’t need this,” Ginny protested.

“Shh. Let me speak,” Harry said gently. “Ginny, I have loved you for ultimately all my life of knowing you. I had just never recognized that feeling as love. I had never truly felt love until I kissed you on your roof those so many months ago. What I wouldn’t give for those moments of bliss we have together no matter how minimal.” Harry looked from her hand with the ring in it to her eyes again. “Those times are the best times I can think of. And Merlin knows that I wouldn’t mind having those times with you until the day that I die. I want to spend the rest of our lives together if only it may be for a short time. I won’t lie Ginny. I may die very, very soon. I won’t be ashamed to admit that I’m scared about that fact. But it is reality and it needs to be taken into perspective. I want the world to know that I am in love. And if I die I want the world to know that the woman I loved stayed by my side until the end.” Ginny’s tears were coming in such strong rushes that Harry had to wipe them away for her to see what he did next. He placed one hand underneath Ginny’s and with the other hand opened the lid of the box as he said, “Ginevra Molly Weasley. Will you marry me and be Mrs. Ginny Potter?”

“Absolutely,” she said as she wrapped her arms around his neck. Between her sobs of joy Harry made out, “And I can tell everyone?”

“There is no way that any fiancé of mine is going to keep our marriage from her family.”

“Can I put it on?” she asked indicating the ring.

“Only if I can tell you something first.” She nodded her head obediently as he took the ring out of the box. “This ring was given to me by my mother through Lupin. She left me a note saying that this was the ring that my grandmother wore before she died. It belonged to Merlin himself. It’s a long story but it was inherited by one of my ancestors and eventually made it’s way down to my mum. She was told that there was an enchantment placed on this ring. The enchantment made it possible for the wearer and the giver to possess internal communication. Even after death.” Ginny’s eyes darted to Harry’s as he finished that last word. “However, it’s not proven that it will work,” he confessed. Ginny dropped her head back to the ring in Harry’s hand.

“It’s worth a shot,” she said smiling at it. Harry smiled as he started to put the ring on Ginny’s finger.

He said the incantation with unmistakable ease. “Parlare per l'amore ha una voce. Speak for love has a voice.” He looked into Ginny’s eyes as he finished the last words.

I love you Harry. Ginny thought.

I love you too.





“Gin? Are you finished yet?” Hermione heard Harry ask. She saw Ginny nod as she turned to her mother.

“Mum, may we be excused?” she asked.

“Of course dear,” Mrs. Weasley said, barely even turning away from her conversation with Fleur.

Hermione watched as Harry grabbed Ginny’s hand. Then she saw Lupin wink at him. Something is going on and I won’t rest until I know what it is.

“May we be excused too mum?” Ron asked.

“Yes dear.” Ron and Hermione left the room without another word.

Once they were out of earshot of the table Ron whispered. “Did you see it too?”

“Lupin’s wink?” Ron nodded his head. “Yeah. What do you think they’re up to?” Suddenly they heard the door leading to the gardens shut and with one look at each other they raced up the steps to the Drawing Room where the window looked onto the backyard.

“Look, there they are. But where is he taking her?” Hermione asked.

“I don’t know but-” Ron cut off short seeing Harry kneel down on one knee. “Wha!? He’s...I-I-I...HE’S PROPOSING TO MY LITTLE SISTER!” Ron yelled.

“Ron, shh! Do you want the whole house to know what’s going on?”

“Maybe I do!” Ron just stared on until Ginny wrapped her arms around Harry’s neck. He turned from the window and slid down the wall. “I can’t believe....Harry and Ginny...Potter.”

“Oh please Ron. Calm down. It’s not like they are going to get married anytime soon. I’m sure they’ll wait until after the war.”

Ron ignored Hermione’s statement. “My baby sister....is getting married....to my best friend....Ginny Potter. Mrs. Ginny Potter. Ginny and Harry Potter.”

“Please Ron give it a break. It’s not really your business what they do....it isn’t like we’re getting married or anything.”

Ron’s head shot up towards Hermione still looking out the window. “Y-you don’t want to...you know...right?”

“OH! No...no, no, no, no. We’re definitely not ready for....oh no. Not yet,” Hermione muttered nearly incoherently.

Ron gave a sigh of relief before going back to self pity. “I just can’t believe that Ginny is getting married.”

“Well Ron. Like it or not...Harry is getting married to Ginny.”

“But I-”

“It’s better him than Dean Thomas or Michael Corner, isn’t it?”

“Well I suppose.”

“And marriage is better than Ginny getting pregnant isn’t it?”

“Oh most definitely!”

“Are you going to be happy for them then?”

“Well of course I am. It’s just that....I’m shocked.” Ron squeaked. “I knew it was going to happen, I just never thought, so soon.”

“Hey, they’re coming in. Let’s go and pretend we don’t know what’s going on.” She looked at Ron’s pitiful position on the floor and reached down for his hand. He took it and Hermione led him back to the living room where everyone had met again. Once seated together on the armchair the back door opened to let in a cold, yet happy Harry and Ginny.

“Harry Potter. What on earth were you doing cloak-less outside with Ms. Weasley?” Tonks asked skeptically, knowing very well what Harry was doing outside.

“Potter,” Ginny said with a smile.

“Pardon?” Mrs. Weasley asked from her spot on the couch.

“Well, Mum, Tonks said Ms. Weasley and frankly...that’s not the name I’ll be going by anymore.”

Every head in the room turned towards the two people standing in front of the now closed door. “And would you mind explaining what may be going through your head right now?” Mrs. Weasley asked cynically.

“Well, Mum,” Harry said taking everyone in the room, including himself, by surprise. “Ginny and I.....are engaged.” There were mixed feeling throughout the room. Almost all of the reactions Harry had predicted down to a tee. He thought that Fred would hold George back from going after Harry (so that he himself could hit Harry first), Ron would look as if deep in thought while actually he was confused, Bill would smile the way only the oldest brother would do, and Hermione, Fleur, and Angelina would all place their hands over their mouths with a slight gasp. Charlie would clap a few times and let out a whoop, Mr. Weasley would look worried in a happy way and Mrs. Weasley would breakdown into terrible sobs. The only prediction he was incorrect on was Mrs. Weasley’s. She stood up and walked over to them, her expression unreadable.

“You’re so young yet. With so much ahead of you. You’ve seen more hate in this world than anyone I have ever met. I can’t say that you’re too young...because you’ve been through more than half the people that live in this world today....mature beyond the years of your lives,” She put one hand on each of Harry and Ginny’s shoulders and leaned over as she, in turn, looked into each of their eyes. She said, “Nothing I say will change your minds, will it?” she asked. Both Harry and Ginny shook their heads slowly. “Then I suppose all I can do is be happy for you.”

She hugged them both so tight that Ginny had to say, “Mum, if you don’t let go there may never be a wedding...for lack of oxygen.” Mrs. Weasley released them and gave both Harry and Ginny a kiss on the cheek.

“Thanks Mum,” Harry said.

“And you really get to call me “mum” too, don’t you?” she asked

“Heck yes,” Ginny said before Harry could respond.

“There is nothing I would rather call you,” Harry said.


A/N: H/G are getting married, do dah, do dah. H/G are getting married! Do dah, do dah, yea! Exciting huh guys? And so ends my Christmas Break Trilogy. Next chapter is back to Hogwarts! Quote from the next chappie: “I TOLD YOU ALL ALONG THAT SNAPE WAS A GOOD FOR NOTHING, VOLDEMORT SUPPORTER! AND DID YOU BELIEVE ME? NO! ALL YOU WOULD SAY WAS, “I TRUST HIM.” -Tonks
Where is Lupin? by Lady Snuffles
Author's Notes:
What was Lupin’s answer to Harry’s question? And Harry has yet another premonition, but this one is different from the last two...sort of. When problems arise there is only one person to go to. We all know who that is.


Disclaimer: I hereby declare that Harry Potter and all things related to, from, with, or for Harry Potter belong to J.K. Rowling and no other single person or group.


The night before Harry, Ron, Hermione and Ginny were supposed to go back to Hogwarts, Harry found Tonks sitting on the couch in the living room reading, Wanderings With Werewolves by Gilderoy Lockhart. “Hey Tonks...where’s Lupin?” Harry asked

“Uhm....” She looked up from her book a little guiltily. “I can’t tell you...it’s Order-”

“Order business,” he finished for her. Harry leaned against the wall in disappointment. He had been hoping that he and Lupin would be able to go over their plans for their trip. At least that’s what they were calling it. It was more like the undertaking of the century. Lupin said that it would take them two days at the most, but that didn’t make it any less dangerous. “Is he going to be back before we go to the station tomorrow?”

“I’m not sure...he said that if he wasn’t, he’d try to meet you at King’s Cross before the train leaves.”

“Alright...I’m going to bed then.”

“Okay. I’ll see you in the morning. Are you setting your alarm or do you want me to wake you up?” Tonks asked.

Harry, remembering the last time Tonks woke him up said, “I’ll set my alarm, thanks.”

Harry could hear Tonks laughs all the way up the stairs to his room. That’s really quite funny you know...Harry heard Ginny’s voice say in his head.

What is? he asked her, quite confused.

That morning when Tonks woke you up early...I find it very funny.

You would...anyways, I’m going to bed. I’ll see you in the morning,
he told her.

Alright, me too. Goodnight.

They stopped thinking to each other for a while until they were both in bed and almost asleep. Silently, Harry thought, Does this work for that little voice whispering in your ear at night? He squeezed his pillow softly before gently wrapping his arms around it.

Next best thing, she answered. I love you Harry.

I love you too.
The next thing he knew, Harry was wrapped in another of his late-night omens...only this one wasn’t like any other he had experienced before.

~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~

Harry was standing in the clearing of a forest. He could tell that he was close to a large city because of the way the lights off in the distance reflected on the clouds. Harry looked around him and then to the sky where he saw the Dark Mark looming above him where the clouds had slightly cleared.

There was a rustling in some brush behind Harry that forced his attention away from the sky. He turned to find Lupin, crouched low to the ground, staring across the clearing. Harry followed his gaze to a group of people about seventy meters away.

Suddenly, Lupin crouched even lower and began to creep through the brush. Harry instinctively followed behind him. When they got close enough to hear voices, Lupin stopped moving. Harry heard Snape’s voice among four others cloaked in black, wearing masks. After listening closely for a few minutes, Harry discovered who the mysterious figures were. Death Eaters: Nott, Crabbe, Goyle, and Peter Pettigrew.

The part of the conversation Harry heard was, “And why would we do that?” This question was from Nott.

“Because I told you to. I am the highest ranking member here, so what I say goes! Now, go and look!” Snape demanded. At the end of his statement the five Death Eaters split into different directions, obviously searching for something in the surrounding forest. Snape was coming directly at Harry, or more specifically, Lupin. Unfortunately, Lupin noticed a second too late. At the exact moment he started for cover, Snape spotted him and he said, “Why hello, Remus.” Snape then shot a spell from his wand that bound ropes around Lupin’s chest, arms, legs, and feet. Snape yelled to the rest of the group, “I found him! Keep looking for another. I doubt that Dumbledore would have sent him alone,” then as a side note he added to Lupin, “He’s learned not to make that mistake again.”

“I knew it! I knew we shouldn’t have trusted you! I warned Dumbledore from the very beginning!”

“Why did you let him then?” Snape asked sneeringly.

Before Lupin could answer there were four different curses, three yells, and a scream that echoed across the clearing. Suddenly, Peter Pettigrew stumbled out of the brush followed by the wand in Bill Weasley’s hand. Bill’s voice was strong and full of courage as he said, “Let Remus go, and you can have Voldemort’s rat back.”

“Just get out of here while you can Bill,” Lupin demanded. Snape cast a silencing charm over Lupin, and though his mouth was moving, not a word was coming from it.

Snape smiled smugly as he turned back to Bill, whose brave face had fallen slightly. “What makes you believe that The Dark Lord’s servant would be of anymore worth to me?” Snape looked at Pettigrew and said, “Peter...I never liked you. I’m sure that The Dark Lord won’t miss you either.” And before anyone could say another word, Snape raised his wand and sent a stream of green light straight at Pettigrew’s heart.

He collapsed to the ground as Bill and Snape pointed their wands at each other. “Dear, dear Bill. What ever are we going to do now? You don’t possibly think that you could duel me for your precious werewolf, do you? If you try, I’ll have to kill you, and that just wouldn’t do at all. I need you alive so that no one knows what actually happened tonight.”

Bill stared confused. “What makes you think I won’t tell the Order that you’re a traitor?”

“Well Weasley, I’m going to completely erase your memory of today. That way, everyone will think that you were attacked. No one will suspect me, because I will be the one to find you lying unconscious in the middle of a clearing under the Dark Mark...with Lupin nowhere to be found.”

“So the Dark Mark was a hoax? The Death Eaters didn’t kill anyone tonight?”

“Well, Peter Pettigrew is dead now isn’t he?” Snape remarked.

Bill, now afraid of the possibility of Snape casting that spell on him, yelled,
“Stupefy!”

And yet only a second too late, because at the very same moment, Snape had yelled, “
Obliviate!” Bill collapsed to the ground as Snape dodged his jinx. At the same second a scream echoed through the woods. This was only heard by Harry though. Harry knew no one else could hear it, because it wasn’t part of the dream. It was the noise that was ringing through his head when he woke up in a cold sweat. Ginny’s scream. She had been with him in his dream, he was sure of it...only because the thoughts that were going through his mind weren’t his own.

~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~

Ginny woke up in her bed screaming at the top of her lungs. She was holding her head in her hands and praying what she had just dreamed was just that...a dream. Ginny calm down, you’re fine. It’s okay, she heard Harry’s voice say in her head.

My head’s on fire, Harry. What’s happening to me?

“Ginny what’s wrong?” Hermione shrieked as she flew out of bed to Ginny’s side, wand at the ready.

Calming down slightly as the pain diminished, Ginny said, “N-nothing...just a...bad dream. Really bad dream.” Hermione lowered her wand and held Ginny’s hand, trying to comfort her friend.

“Ginny are you alright dear?” came the worried voice of Mrs. Weasley from the bedroom door. Ginny looked over to her mother and saw the faces of Mr. Weasley, Charlie, Ron, and Fleur behind her in the doorframe.

Ginny shook her head and put on a fake smile. “Yeah, I’m fine...just a bad dream.” Ginny looked over to Mrs. Weasley. She could tell her mum wasn’t entirely convinced. “It was silly really. I was, I was being at-attacked by a giant marshmallow that Fred and George had created...todestroytheworld,” Ginny mumbled, laughing at the thought.

With that, Mrs. Weasley shooed everyone back to bed. “Alright, goodnight Ginny. Goodnight Hermione.” As an after thought Mrs. Weasley asked, “Ginny would you like some sleeping draught to calm your nerves?”

Even though Ginny would very much have liked a dreamless sleep she knew that the potion would make her fall asleep within seconds. She really needed to talk with Harry. “That’s okay mum. I’ll be fine.”

With that Mrs. Weasley shut the door with a reassuring smile. Once Hermione heard the door of Mr. and Mrs. Weasley’s room close she turned on Ginny and said, “What was your dream really Gin? You were thrashing about. I called your name five times before you woke up. No dream with a marshmallow, no matter how scary, would make you do that.”

Ginny stared at her pillow purposefully. “I’m not lying Hermione. That marshmallow was terrifying! It squished Hogwarts!”

Hermione still did not look convinced but she said, “Fine. If you’re okay, I’m going back to bed. ‘Night Ginny.”

“Goodnight Hermione,” she whispered. Ginny laid there for a moment before remembering why she hadn’t taken a sleeping draught.

Harry? she thought nervously. What the hell was that?





Harry awoke with a start as he heard Ginny’s pleas of please let that have just been a dream, running through his head. The pleas were alternating with the sound of a terrified scream in the back of his mind and a searing pain on his forehead which was much worse than it had been with the two dreams before this one.

Ginny calm down, you’re fine. It’s okay, Harry told her.

My head’s on fire, Harry. What’s happening to me? she asked him, while the pain in his scar subsided slightly.

“Harry! Are you alright?” Tonks asked anxiously from the door. She looked slightly relieved at the sight of him. “I hear you yelling from downstairs. I was afraid you were being attacked.”

“Nah,” Harry said shaking his head with a smile. “Just a bad dream.” Tonks eyes widened slightly. Harry knew what she was thinking. ‘Was it like the one you had with Sirius in the Department of Mysteries?’ He didn’t want to worry her with nothing, but by looking back on his dream, he realized that this wasn’t nothing. “No,” Harry moaned slightly before yelling louder. “NO!”

“What Harry? What’s wrong?”

“It wasn’t just a bad dream,” Harry confessed. He thought as quickly as he could. “Get Dumbledore...and the Weasley’s. Tell Dumbledore to bring his pensieve. This is bad. Really, really bad.” Tonks didn’t take another second to think, and she raced down the stairs to the fireplace.

As Harry pulled on his jeans and an old tee-shirt, he heard Ginny’s nervous voice say, Harry? What the hell was that?

Are you okay? What did you see?

I’m slightly freaked out, but I think I’ll be fine. There was a clearing in a forest near a city...um...the Dark Mark was in the sky. Then Lupin came and then the Death Eaters attacked him and Snape...Snape took Lupin and then there was Bill.....Oh my God! Bill! Snape erased his memory! He was-he was...

Ginny, you saw what I dreamed!

Does that mean Bill is still in the clearing and Lupin...Oh my-Lupin was taken!?

Yes,
was all Harry could manage without his eyes tearing up. Balling his fists he added, Voldemort has taken every person, who I’ve just barely begun to see as a guardian, from me and by Merlin, I’m going to get him back if it’s the last thing I do.

Harry raced down the steps as he told Ginny, Get dressed, because Tonks probably has her head in your fireplace right now.

There was a pop noise in the kitchen and he heard Dumbledore’s voice say, “What’s wrong Tonks?”

“Harry said that he needed you and the Weasley’s. He had another dream, Dumbledore. What if this keeps up?”

“I don’t know what else to do. Occlumency didn’t work-”

“That’s because I wasn’t taught by a competent teacher,” Harry said bluntly as he entered the kitchen.

“Harry,” Dumbledore sighed as if asking for patience. “How many times must I tell you that Professor Snape is on our side and that he has my trust?”

“At least once more...as always.” Harry shocked himself at his calmness with his headmaster. “I don’t know how you’ll feel about that after you’ve seen my dream.”

Suddenly there was a thunderous roar as Mr. Weasley, followed by Ron, Hermione, Charlie, Fleur, Ginny, and Mrs. Weasley, tumbled out of the green flames of the kitchen fireplace.

“Everyone have a seat please,” Dumbledore asked politely. As the group crowded around the kitchen table he added, “Now would you please explain why you have called us all here, Harry?”

Harry nodded his head and simply brought his wand to his head then placed his memory into the pensieve, the way he’d seen Dumbledore do many times before. He prodded the contents of the bowl and they were all taken into his premonition. Harry felt Ginny grab his hand that was laying on the table and squeeze it.

He squeezed it back as Harry watched the faces of the people around him. In the beginning there was both interest and fear. Towards the middle he saw confusion, comprehension, anger, and worry, and by the end there was a mixture of them all. The anger was on Tonks’ expression alone as she said, “I told you Dumbledore.” She wiped her falling tears as she carried on with more and more frustration as she spoke. “I told you that we could not trust SNAPE!” She stood up and let her chair clatter onto the ground before yelling, “I TOLD YOU ALL ALONG THAT SNAPE WAS A GOOD FOR NOTHING, VOLDEMORT SUPPORTER! AND DID YOU BELIEVE ME? NO! ALL YOU WOULD SAY WAS, “I TRUST HIM.” WELL THAT DOESN’T SEEM TO BE TRUE NOW DOES IT?! LOOK WHERE YOUR TRUST HAS GOTTEN US! LOOK WHERE IT’S GOTTEN REMUS! HE’S PROBABLY SITTING IN FRONT OF VOLDEMORT RIGHT NOW UNDER MERLIN KNOWS WHAT KIND OF TORTURE! SNAPE IS A BACKSTABBING LIAR AND NOW HE’S TAKEN REMUS BECAUSE YOU HAD TO TRUST HIM!”

With that Tonks turned on her heel and left the room sobbing. “How do we know zat zis eez true?” Fleur asked quietly. “What makes you believe zat a seemple dream eez real?”

Everyone turned to look at her. It was Charlie who answered, “Because it’s happened before.”

Fleur gained a stern look and said, “Zen what are we doing just zitting here? Bill eez still in zat forest! We must go and get him before zat ‘orrible man comes back for eem!”

There was a sudden rush, and Mr. Weasley, Charlie, Fleur, and Dumbledore left as Hermione, and Ron went to comfort Tonks. This left Harry and Ginny in the kitchen alone with Mrs. Weasley.

With silent tears sliding down her cheeks Mrs. Weasley massaged one hand in the other. Harry took his memory back out of the pensieve and placed it back into his head. When he was done he put his wand down and placed his hand on top of the one he was still holding Ginny’s with. At the same time Mrs. Weasley was looking at where her daughter and future son-in-law’s hands were still clasped together.

In nearly a whisper Mrs. Weasley warned, “Don’t you ever let go of those hands...there’s no telling where you might end up if you’re not together.”

~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~

The next morning everyone was found in random places of Number Twelve; Harry and Ginny had fallen asleep in a chair by the fire in the living room, while Ron and Hermione were on the couch beside them. Tonks was locked in her room. Charlie fell asleep at the kitchen table after finding out Bill was at St. Mungo’s with Fleur. Teary-eyed Mrs. Weasley was standing in the doorway between the kitchen and living room looking at her four youngest children. Her husband was leaning against the wall behind her, tired-eyed and amazed.

His family had been through so much in so short a time. No one in this family can stay happy for too long, he thought to himself. especially the people that deserve it the most.

“I can’t do it, Arthur,” Mrs. Weasley said quietly.

“You can’t do what?” he asked as he wrapped his arms around his wife.

Mrs. Weasley wiped her eyes as she answered. “I can’t wake them up. They’re so peaceful right now. They never get this when they’re awake.”

“Is that all that’s bothering you Molly?”

“No,” she answered. “But you know that.”

“What then?”

She sighed to herself slightly before saying, “I can’t do this anymore. I can’t keep up the charade of being happy all the time, I can’t be the supportive mother I’ve always been, I can’t help my son when he’s in need, I can’t be there for these four children....” she paused to wipe her eyes again. “I can’t be there for these four when they are gone at Hogwarts deciding on Merlin knows what’s best to defeat Voldemort. Arthur...they’re only teenagers. My baby girl is only fifteen and she’s getting married. She’s going to stand by Harry until Voldemort’s downfall, and after, if they live through it.”

Mrs. Weasley turned into her husband’s chest and cried for a while longer before composing herself. “Is Ginny standing beside Harry for all of eternity really a bad thing?” Mr. Weasley asked his wife.

“No, it’s not. I’m just afraid that I’m never going to be able to plan this wedding...what if I die, what if Ginny or Harry dies? Then what Arthur?”

“We’ll cross that barrier if we come to it.”

“How are you always so optimistic?”

“I don’t know...I think it’s genetic,” he laughed. She smiled. “Do you want me to wake them up?” Mr. Weasley asked. She nodded her head as she went into the kitchen. On her way to the stove Mrs. Weasley woke up Charlie who was snoring at the table.

“Charlie, honey? Could you go and see if Tonks has unlocked her door yet?”

“Sure, Mum,” he yawned.

Mrs. Weasley got busy in the kitchen making breakfast before the family took their seats at the table.

~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~

The train ride back to Hogwarts was a solemn one. Not only was everyone afraid for Lupin, they were also worried about Bill: Snape’s memory charm had been sent at such a close proximity that he hadn’t woken up yet. Tonks had only come out of her room because Mrs. Weasley threatened to have Kingsley Shacklebolt come over and blast the door open.

The four friends clambered into a horseless carriage and rode up to the castle lost in their own thoughts. Silence followed them until there was a bright flash of red and gold in front of Harry’s dinner plate, where a letter was dropped. As Harry reached for the letter he caught a glimpse of Fawkes’ tail feathers streak out the doors to the Entrance Hall. Before Harry opened it he glanced around and saw that no one else had noticed the phoenix’s visit to the Great Hall. He unfolded the note and read:

Harry,

Please meet me in my office after dinner tonight.

Professor Dumbledore

P.S. Have you tried the Peppermint Toads? They’re rather tasty.



A/N~ Yes, I did have the dream that Ginny made up...and yes, it was terrifying....Anyways...I want reviews! Quote from the next chappie: “No one liked him Dumbledore! You made people pretend to like him!”-Harry
Meeting with Dumbledore by Lady Snuffles
Author's Notes:
The chapter title is kind of self explanatory, don’t cha think?


Disclaimer: This is an unofficial story and is not supported or recognized by any of the publishers of the Harry Potter books. J.K. Rowling created this spark in my head and owns almost all the names and characters in it; this is a humble story written by a teenager who is scared of lawyers and doesn’t want to break any laws.


Harry knocked on the door, and the familiar voice of the headmaster replied with, “Come in.” When he pushed the door open Harry saw Professor Dumbledore seated at his desk waiting patiently. “Good evening, Harry,” he said. “I suppose you have some idea as to why I asked you here this evening, am I correct?”

Harry nodded his head and answered, “This is about my dreams isn’t it?”

Dumbledore looked a little taken aback. “Dreams, Harry? There’s been more than one?”

“Yes, Sir.” Harry nodded his head again.

“How many?”

“Three, Sir. The first two were very similar.”

“Please tell me about them, Harry.”

Harry had expected a meeting like this to happen eventually, so he had prepared himself ahead of time with an answer. “Professor, could I show you instead? They happened so long ago that I’m afraid I might forget to tell you something important.”

“Why don’t you show me the first dream you had?” At his professor’s request Harry went to retrieve the pensieve from the black cabinet beside Fawkes’ empty perch and placed it on the desk between them. After Harry put his dream into the basin they both leaned over it to watch the scene unfold.

As the vivid green light faded, they sat back in their chairs and looked at each other not knowing where to begin. Dumbledore strummed his fingers together for a few minutes before saying, “Why didn’t you say anything about this dream before, Harry?”

“Well, I did tell Lupin, sir, right after it happened. He said that you were too busy to even stop by headquarters, so I figured that you wouldn’t have time to hear me out.”

Dumbledore sighed before admitting, “I do believe that you are right on that account.” He looked off to the other side of the room with a thoughtful expression.

Harry waited a few moments before asking, “Did you want to see my other dream, sir?”


Dumbledore brought his gaze back to Harry and answered, “Ah, yes Harry. Please.”

Once again Harry procured his dream for Dumbledore to examine. After a few moments the dream faded into the swirling silver mist of the pensieve, and again Dumbledore sat strumming his fingers together, his brow furrowed. Harry could almost see the desk quivering under Dumbledore’s piercing stare. He looked to the headmaster and said, “At first we thought “it” had to do with something you were going to tell me. Something that could help me with the final battle. Not a weapon exactly, but more like a key to secure something of great importance to the other side.”

“And now?”

“Well, now it’s a little more complicated. We’ve...well, Ron figured out that “it” isn’t a thing; “it” is a place. Then, after picking his brain a little more, he reckons that “it” is actually my Mum and Dad’s old house.”

“And what brought Mr. Weasley to this conclusion?” Dumbledore inquired.

“Well, my greatest strengths are from my parents. So Ron thinks that “it” is something they left behind for me to use. Something that will help me fight a fair duel with Voldemort.”

“And you think that this “something” is your parents’ home?”

“Yes sir, I do. “It” is the house or something on the inside.”

“Do you know the location of the manor, Harry?” Dumbledore asked.

“Personally, no. Lupin does. He was going to bring me there soon. We were almost done with the plans when he was taken,” Harry said in a grave tone. He stared at his feet as he asked, “Have you gotten any more information about what happened?”

“No, the only reason we know anything at all is because of your dream, Harry. Since you are the only known person to have experienced dreams like these, we are very lucky to have you on our side,” Dumbledore said with a knowing smile.

“Actually, Professor...um...there’s something else I needed to tell you-” Harry began. He was interrupted by a soft tap on the door.

“Come in,” Dumbledore responded.

The door opened and in walked Ginny Weasley. “You wanted to see me profes-oh, Harry! What are you doing here?”





Ginny headed up to the common room by herself after dinner and let Ron and Hermione go on their so called “evening patrol.” She had just taken out her Charms homework when a flash of red passed in front of her, leaving a small piece of parchment and a golden feather behind. She unfolded the note and read the tidy scrawl of Professor Dumbledore:

Mister and Miss Weasley,

Please come to my office as soon as possible. The password is “Peppermint Toad.”

Professor Dumbledore


Knowing that it could take hours to find Ron, Ginny decided to go to the headmaster’s office alone. After reaching the top of the stairs, she went to knock on the door but was halted by a quite serious voice on the other side of it.

“Actually, Professor...um...there’s something else I needed to tell you-” She thought it best to interrupt now instead of standing out in the hallway like an idiot, eavesdropping.

She knocked on the door quietly before hearing the headmaster’s voice say, “Come in.”

She opened the door, took a few steps inside and said, “You wanted to see me profes-” she stopped, noticing Harry sitting opposite Dumbledore and added, “Oh, Harry! What are you doing here?”

“I asked him to come as well, Miss Weasley.” Turning his attention back to Harry he said, “Harry this will only take a minute. There is something I wanted to inform Miss and Mister Weasley of. Where, may I ask, is your brother?” he inquired to Ginny.

“He went on his evening patrol with Hermione, sir,” Ginny answered while Harry heard her mind say, patrolling the fifth floor broom cupboard is more like.

Harry let a small laugh escape his lips before saying, “Sir, what I was going to say actually involves Ginny. Maybe she should stay?”

“Very well, Harry. You may continue then,” Dumbledore replied, conjuring another chair for Ginny to sit in.

“I was going to tell you that I’m not the only one seeing these dreams.”

“Really? And who might be experiencing these with you, Harry?”

“Ginny, sir.”

“Is this true, Miss Weasley?”

Ginny nodded her head saying, “Absolutely, sir.”

“Do either of you know why this has happened?”

Ginny and Harry locked eyes and blushed looking away from each other. Ginny stared at the floor advertently as she thought, Do we really need to tell him this?

Yes.
Harry answered with a bit of an embarrassed tone to his thought.

Harry cleared his throat and answered, “Well sir, I asked Ginny to marry me.”

“Have you now? Well assuming that Miss Weasley said yes, congratulations to the both of you.”

“Thank you, sir,” Harry and Ginny replied together.

“However, this does not fully explain to me why you are sharing dreams.”

“Oh, well, you see, sir. The engagement ring that Harry gave me has an enchantment on it. It allows us to read each other’s thoughts. So, we think that not only are we sharing thoughts, but we’re also sharing dreams. The ring must be more powerful than we initially thought.”

“I see,” Dumbledore said, clearly processing in his mind what he had just learned. “So you saw everything just how Harry did then? Exactly the same way?”

“Yes sir. Right down to the evil sneer on Snape’s face when he cursed my brother.”

As Dumbledore pondered over more of the conversation, another question came to Harry’s mind. “Sir, what’s happened to Snape?”

“Well, a few of the Order members were ready to capture him at headquarters. However, it seems that Severus anticipated a possible attack, and he escaped.”

“What do you mean he escaped? If I had been there I wouldn’t have let the dumb git get away!” Harry roared.

“I’m surprised he even showed his ugly face back at headquarters when no one there wanted to see it,” Ginny added.

“Now Miss Weasley, plenty of people thought Severus had good intentions. Other Order members appreciated his connections.”

“Oh, please Professor!” Harry exclaimed. “No one liked him, Dumbledore! You made people pretend to like him.”


“Now, Harry-” Dumbledore began.

“Who’s going to be teaching Potions then, sir?” Ginny asked, desperately trying to switch the subject.

“Well Miss Weasley, that is the very reason I asked you and your brother to come and see me. Seeing as your brother Charlie is still at home and waiting for an Order assignment, I asked him to temporarily fill in as Potions Master. He’ll be arriving tomorrow morning.”

“Are you sure that’s a good idea, sir? Charlie never had good marks in Potions.”

“Ah, but teaching is yet another way of learning, Miss Weasley.” Dumbledore looked between the two of them and asked, “Now, is there anything else that you wanted to tell me?” Both Harry and Ginny shook their heads. Enough secrets had been spilled that evening. “Alright then. Goodnight to the both of you. I’ll see you bright and early for classes tomorrow. Be sure to get to your common room quickly. It’s nearly nine so the castle will be getting dark soon. You wouldn’t want to accidentally end up in any broom closets,” he chuckled.

With one last nod to Dumbledore, Harry took Ginny’s hand and they left the office. Does he know how ironic his statement was? Ginny thought.

I don’t know, Harry responded. At the bottom of the stairs Harry smiled and continued, but I bet Dumbledore was wondering what two prefects were doing starting their patrols two hours early.



~A/N: Not much to tell about this chapter really. It was kind of a review for those of you who can’t remember over such a long period of time. Here’s the quote: Gin...I love you to death, but you’re doing it again. ~Harry
Charlie's Challenge by Lady Snuffles
Author's Notes:
Romance is in the air with Valentine’s Day around the corner. What will Charlie do when he finds Harry is planning something special for Ginny?


Disclaimer: You’ve all heard the drill before...It all belongs to Jo.


After the rocky start of January, life at Hogwarts continued on like normal, with the exception of Potions. Contradictory to Ginny’s harsh comment the night before, Charlie’s first class was a success. As it turned out, Charlie’s Potion skills were better than Harry and Ron combined and half as good as Hermione’s.

“Alright class,” he said at the beginning of Harry, Hermione and Ron’s lesson. “I am Charlie Weasley, former seeker of the Gryffindor Quidditch team, professional dragon tamer, brother of Bill, Fred, George, Ron and Ginny Weasley, and your new Potions Master.”

Hannah Abbot raised her hand and asked, “May I ask where Professor Snape is?”

“If only I knew, Miss...”

“Abbot, Professor.”

“Miss Abbot, as I was saying, if I knew where Severus Snape was, I’d give him a right kick in the arse.” All but three people in the classroom gasped; amazingly enough Hermione was one of them, and unsurprisingly Harry and Ron were the other two. Instead, they all let out laughs that quickly sufficed into chuckles under their breath, seeing that the rest of the class didn’t feel the same way about Charlie’s statement.

The class looked back at their new Potions Master to find him smirking at his brother, his brother’s girlfriend, and his future brother-in-law. “Do you find something funny, Harry?”

Harry let out another snort of laughter before saying, “Yeah...you said that you’d kick Snape’s arse...you just...” Harry paused to catch his breath, “...went and said it...”

“What Harry means,” Hermione clarified, “is that you just told the entire class that you’re holding a grudge against Professor Snape.”

“Well Hermione, I’m not going to pretend that I like him. I’ll be the first to admit that I never liked Snape, and I never will,” Charlie explained.

Justin Finch-Fletchy raised his hand and asked, “Professor, not that I like Potions or anything but, shouldn’t we start the lesson?”

“Right you are, sir,” Charlie said opening his potions book. “Would you all turn to page three hundred and seventy four in your text, please?”

“Wolfsbane potion?” Ron asked excitedly, being the first to find the page.

Charlie nodded his head and looked around the class room. “Can anyone other than, Ron, Hermione or Harry tell me the properties of the wolfsbane potion?” Not a single hand was raised causing Charlie to sigh and say, “Go for it, Hermione. I know you want to.”

Smiling at Charlie, Hermione said, “While the potion doesn't cure the human to wolf transformation, it does prevent the extremely dangerous dementia which would otherwise accompany the alteration from human into werewolf.”

“Very nicely done. Ten points to Gryffindor.”

“Isn’t this a seventh year N.E.W.T. level potion...Sir?” Hermione asked suspiciously.

Charlie again nodded his head. “Yes, but Professor McGonagall told me that your year, despite what Professor Snape might have told you, has had the best marks in potions in the forty years she’s worked here. She and I both decided that we will start more advanced potions this term. With that said, get to work. This is going to take over a month so you are allowed to take your time. Be precise, if you aren’t the potion will end up tasting like a rather odd citrus juice and will force you to vomit something that looks like purple jelly. And I’ll have you know it doesn’t taste like and jam I’ve ever had.”

~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~

February rolled around and the wolfsbane potions were due to be ready after the next full moon. So far, Harry was very proud of his potion; it was supposed to be a majestic sapphire whereas his was more of a royal blue. In reality it was the same color, but in the eyes of Hermione, being two shades off made it the wrong hue.

As usual, teachers assigned so much homework that Harry had to take two trips from his dormitory to the common room so he could carry all his books. Ginny on the other hand, had to take three trips with her O.W.L. exams being at the end of the year. Her stress-overload was being taken out on Harry, only because Ginny had recently stopped blocking out all of her unnecessary thoughts.

For instance, the day before Valentine’s Day Harry heard most of Ginny’s morning routine. Damn, mornings suck...where is my hair brush? I know I put it there last night but was that before or after dinner? I swore it was on the table...or did I put it in the drawer? Ha! It was in the drawer...now where’s my damn hair binder? Merlin, mornings suck! Oh! There it is. Now I need my Arithmancy-

Gin...I love you to death, but you’re doing it again.
At this point Harry was about ready to march up to her dorm and make her go back to bed.

Sorry, Harry. Where are you?

In bed, I usually don’t wake up for another hour.

Oops...oh well, you can come down to breakfast early with me then.


Harry sighed and looked at the canopy of his four poster bed before responding, Alright, give me four minutes.

Four?

Yeah, three for laying here, looking at the ceiling and one for getting dressed and walking down the stair case.


Four minutes later Harry was sitting on the arm of a chair waiting for Ginny, a very grouchy expression on his face. Once Ginny came down the stairs she smiled at Harry sweetly and his expression hardened.

Ginny frowned playfully and said, “Good morning to you too, Mr. Grumpy.”

“If you hate mornings that much, why do you get up so early?”

“Because it’s refreshing,” Ginny toyed. Grabbing his hand she led Harry down to the Great Hall for breakfast.

Once there Harry was in a far better mood, and much more awake. This was caused by a stop in the third floor broom cupboard, which lasted a good five minutes, at least.

“I’ve got something special planned for tomorrow night. Can you pass the bacon please, Gin?” Harry said attempting to be sly.

“Really?” she asked excitedly.

“Yes, I’m quite hungry,” Harry joked.

Ginny slapped him on the shoulder playfully and said, “Very funny, Harry.”

“I thought it was,” he dallied on.

“But really, what are you planning?”

“A candle lit dinner, up in the East Tower.”

“The East Tower? I don’t believe I’ve ever been up there.”

“Personally, I’d never really heard of it until I read it on the map,” Harry confessed. With Ron’s request to use the Room of Requirement, Harry had to study the Marauders Map for hours to find somewhere the students and staff of Hogwarts infrequently or never went. This led him to the East Tower. Harry had gone up there the day before to check it out and see if it was useable. The tower itself was slightly spooky but once at the top Harry found that it was the perfect spot for a candlelight dinner, underneath the stars. “But that’s the whole point right there. It’s the perfect spot and we won’t be disturbed at all.”

“Well I will love wherever we are as long as I’m with you,” Ginny said giving Harry a kiss on the cheek.

Harry picked the piece of bacon off of Ginny’s plate and popped it into his mouth. Ginny looked at him with a disapproving look on her face.

Harry shrugged his shoulders and said, “What? I did ask you to pass the bacon.”

~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~

At exactly six o’clock the next evening, Harry was waiting for Ginny at the bottom of the girls’ staircase. He should have known better than to be on time. Ginny was always rushing to get things done, so being the gentlemen he is, Harry told her to take her time. He knew that she would happily oblige, so being punctual was a mistake. First he stood by the staircase, then he sat on the arm of the chair four minutes later, and eight minutes after that when Ginny finally came down the stairs she found Harry sitting on the couch fiddling with something in his hands.

Ginny cleared her throat to get his attention. Seeing her, Harry shoved whatever he was playing with into his pocket and jumped off the couch on to his feet. “You look great.”

“Thanks,” Ginny said with a wry smile on her face. She was wearing a pair of white pants and a red, v-neck tank-top, underneath a black cardigan sweater. Her hair was up in a bun but a single curl was loose and hanging down the side of her face. She tucked it behind her ear, (something, Harry noticed, she did when she was nervous) and shuffled her feet towards the portrait hole slightly.

“Are you ready to go?” he asked.

“Absolutely.”

“Alright then.” Harry held out his arm and she took it in her’s as he led the way.




Ron looked in the common room, the great hall, and even asked Parvati to look in the girls’ dormitory, but he couldn’t find Hermione anywhere. He decided to look for her in the one place he had managed to avoid almost all year. He opened the door to the library and saw Hermione sitting at her favorite table next to the Ancient Runes texts, with her back to him.

Ron cleared his throat once he had walked up behind her. She turned around and smiled at him before saying, “You found me.”

“Were you hiding?”

“No, but I knew you were looking. Ginny came in here and told me so.”

“She didn’t tell you why did she?”

Hermione shook her head. “No, but I am curious.”

“Well, you’ll just have to stay that way.”

“Oh, come on Ron....you know you want to!”

Ron sighed and said, “All I came to tell you is that you need to be ready by seven o’clock tonight, up in the common room.”

“You’ve planned something else too? Even after the chocolates, yellow roses, and new book?”

“Um...basically, yeah.” He gave her a kiss on the cheek and left her sitting in the library, wondering what she did to get such a wonderful boyfriend.

~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~

“Ginny, I need help,” Hermione confessed at five thirty that evening.

“What can I do for you?” Ginny asked as she ran from her trunk, to the wardrobe and back again.

“Ron told me to be ready at seven, but I don’t know what I’m supposed to get ready for so I have no idea what to wear, how I’m supposed to do my hair, or if I should even bother,” she admitted. “I was hoping Ron might have told you what was going on tonight so you can tell me what to do.”

Without so much as looking at her, Ginny went back to the dresser again and pulled out a pink three quarter length shirt. “Here,” Ginny said throwing Hermione the shirt. “Wear this with your white tank-top and a black pair of pants.” Then she hurried into the bathroom. “Leave your hair down, Ron likes it that way.”

“He does?” Hermione asked incredulously.

Ginny sighed. “Hermione, just because you don’t like your hair doesn’t mean no one else does.”

Hermione then twirled her hair around her finger in deep thought as Ginny hastened back to her trunk for her brush and back into the bathroom again to use the mirror.

“Hey, Ginny? I distinctly heard Harry tell you, ‘not to rush to get ready,’ over lunch.”

“This is not rushing,” Ginny called from the bathroom.

“It looks like rushing to me!” Hermione hollered back at her.

Ginny came back into the dorm with her hair done up with a bun in the back and a single loose curl hanging down the side of her face. “Trust me Hermione, this is snail pace compared to what I look like when I’m rushing.”

“Alright then. Whatever you say,” Hermione agreed. “Well, seeing as I now have an hour and a half before having to be in the common room, is there anything I can help you with?”

Ginny looked around the room. “Yeah find the other one of these,” Ginny said, indicating the shoe she picked up off the ground. “I had it yesterday, but that doesn’t mean much.” She got down on her stomach to look under her bed as Hermione walked around it. She then walked around the rest of the dormitory, the bathroom and even under the other girls’ beds, twice. Finally when she was going to mark it as a lost cause, Hermione noticed that Ginny’s book bag was sitting at an odd angle. She picked it up and found a black and white shoe, identical to the one Ginny had shown her, hidden underneath it.

“Found it!” Hermione cried, tossing her friend the shoe. “What about me?” she asked, glancing at her own feet.

After a second of true thought Ginny said, “Anything that doesn’t have a heel...or give you blisters.”

“Thanks...I owe you one.”

“I know. Oh and the jewelry Ron gave you works well with that outfit so wear them. He’ll be glad to know that you do put them on.”

Hermione sat on the edge of Ginny’s bed and watched Ginny put on her jewelry; her sparkling engagement ring shining out everything else in the room.

“Ginny you look beautiful,” Hermione uttered.

“Oh, stop it,” Ginny blushed.

“No, Ginny. Seriously, you look absolutely gorgeous.”

Ginny blushed more before saying, “Well, thank you then.” She looked at the clock and suddenly burst, “Merlin! I’m late! Bye Hermione! Have fun tonight!”

“Oh, I will.”

~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~

Ginny sat across the table from Harry as they ate dinner, (a light garden salad, fresh crab legs, french bread and chocolate cake) and wondered how she got so lucky as to have someone like Harry to spend the rest of her life with. The dinner conversation began with wedding details, and now that they were enjoying dessert, the discussion topic changed to children. Ginny was saying how raising a big family was something that she had always wanted to do.

“Four children minium.”

“Really? I thought that you’d want a smaller family because your’s is so big already,” Harry said bemused.

Ginny smiled at him. “Not at all. I love my family, and its size. The bigger, the better.”

“Do you have our entire future planned out then?” Harry asked her.

She thought for a minute before slowly saying, “No, I have no idea where we are going to live.”

Secretly keeping the news of his parents house to himself he asked, “So you know what we are going to name our children?”

“Well, I have a few options...nothing solid or anything, but...”

“What are they then?”

“Well for a girl, either Mackenzie or Molly, and for a boy either Liam or William.”

Harry sat and thought for a moment. “Can we name a son, Sirius?”

“Oh, of course, Harry...Sirius James Potter, that does have a nice ring to it.”

Ginny grinned and sipped on her wine as she saw Harry fidgeting with something in his pocket. He saw where she was glancing and put his hands up on the table.

“What do you have in there?” she asked with half a smile.

He smiled back and answered, “Just a little something for you,” as he pulled a long black velvet box from his pocket. He opened it up to reveal a silver bracelet linked together by what looked like little leaves, and vines; each leaf holding one large diamond or several small ones. It reminded Ginny of the willow tree down by the lake that she and Harry often sat under together .

“Oh, Harry. It’s beautiful! You really shouldn’t have!” Ginny managed eventually.

“Well, seeing as I didn’t get to buy your engagement ring, I figured I could spoil you with something else,” he reasoned. Harry took it out of the box as she held out her wrist. Once clasped she examined it closer. Inscribed into the end of the vine it read ‘Valentine’s Day 1997’ in small loopy letters.

“Harry it’s perfect. Thank you so much.”

“You’re welcome, Gin.”

Soon after that, conversation became less as their mouths were being used in a different activity.
~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~

“Ron where are we going?” Hermione asked with her eyes closed.

“You’ll see,” was all he said. “Are your eyes still closed?” he questioned from behind her.

“Yes, but they won’t be for long if we don’t get there soon.”

“Alright, now step up,” he told her, closing the door of the Room of Requirement behind him. “Ok, now open you eyes.” Once she did, Hermione saw a picnic basket and a single yellow rose spread across a light blue blanket. “Happy Valentine’s Day, Hermione.”

“Thank you so much, Ron,” Hermione said hugging and kissing him. “It’s perfect...but wait,” Hermione took in her surroundings and noticed that they were by the lake, the sun was shining, and they were standing in springy green grass. “Ron, how-” Hermione tried to question.

Instead, Ron answered quickly with, “The Room of Requirement.”

“Oh, Ron, what a fantastic idea!” Hermione declared.

Then, she noticed two horses near the blanket; one brown and gold and the other black and white. Hermione reached over and pet the brown horse as she said, “Did Ginny tell you I love horses, too?”

“Yes, and when I asked why she said that you had a white, black, and brown horse named Calico, and you rode him nearly every day until he died.”

“He was my sole confident. He knew my life up, down, and backwards. I only wish I could’ve spoken horse...I never knew what he thought of me. I just rode him around my neighbor’s corn fields and talked.” She looked up at Ron and smiled at him lovingly.

“Are you hungry? Let’s eat, and then we can ride a little bit.” In answer Hermione nodded her head and sat on the blanket. Ron sat opposite her and gave her the flower that laid next to the basket. They sat, ate, and overall enjoyed being in the company of one another without a common room full of people surrounding them. Soon, Ron found himself on top of a horse with Hermione ridding by his side.

After what seemed like an eternity of trotting around the lake, the couple had finally come upon a little stream. Ron knew that the stream led to a waterfall, the most magnificent waterfall he had ever seen. The sound of the water crashing upon more water made the perfect music. “Woah,” Ron said to his horse, pulling on the reigns.

Hermione pulled back on the reigns of her own horse as she turned around. “What’s wrong.”

“There’s something I want to show you,” he answered climbing down from his horse. He tied the reigns to a low lying branch and Hermione followed suit with a curious expression on her face. Ron took her hand and began to walk up the stream.

As they neared the waterfall, Ron was getting more and more noticeably nervous. “Are you okay?” Hermione asked, noting the tips of his ears turning red.

“Yes, I’m fine...just a bit nervous is all.”

“Nervous for what?” she inquired.

“You’ll see.” As he said this he held back a branch for Hermione to walk ahead of him. On the other side was the most beautiful waterfall she had ever seen. “Ron, it’s wonderful.”

“Close your eyes,” he said. “What does it sound like?”

Hermione did as she was told and listened to the sounds of the water splashing over there, dripping over there. Then she put them all together and yet another smile spread across her face.

“It sounds like the first song we danced to when I was trying to teach you to dance.”

Ron nodded his head. “The song stuck, what can I say?” Ron took Hermione’s hands and wrapped them around his neck then placed his own around her waist.

Slowly they danced together, spinning in circles; Hermione had her head on his shoulder, and Ron was whispering into her ear the lyrics of her favorite song. “Only a fool would say....if you let me love you, it’s for sure I’m gonna love you....all the way....all the way.”

~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~

Harry and Ginny finally broke their kiss after nearly asphyxiating themselves, twice. It was then that Harry realized the time. “Ginny?” Harry asked as she nuzzled into his chest.

“Mm-hm?”

“We were supposed to be back in the tower four hours ago,” Harry confessed.

Ginny shot up. “You’re kidding!”

Harry shook his head with a pained expression on his face.

“And I’m assuming that you don’t have your invisibility cloak on you?”

Harry shook his head again and said, “I lent it to Ron because he knew that they’d be after ten o’clock.”

As quickly as possible they both clambered off of the conjured couch, which Harry vanished along with the dinner table and chairs, and Ginny tried as best as she could to flatten her hair and straighten her clothes.

Quietly they made their way back to the common room, but just as the portrait of the Fat Lady was in sight there was a voice behind them. “I believe that answers are needed to the questions I’m going to ask you two.”

Why?! Harry asked Ginny desperately. Why did it have to be him of all people to catch us tonight of all nights? Why? Why!?

She didn’t answer him, she just gave him a look that said, ‘I’m sorry if he kills you, but there’s nothing I can do.’ She turned to her brother and said, “Good evening, Charlie.”



~A/N: Fluff!!!!!! Aren’t you excited? I’ve been a little fluffless lately, I’m sorry, I just can’t help it. Important things needed to happen which caused a little less lovey-dovey interaction. I will tell you that I love these little cliff hangers I give you. I was almost going to be as mean as leaving the end of the chappie at Charlie’s line...but I’m not quite that cruel. And I know, I’ve been terribly mean with ignoring all of your “What happened to quidditch?” emails, so I’ve dedicated nearly half of the next chapter to it. Here’s the quote: “Weasley is our King, Weasley is our King! He’ll never let the Quaffle in! Weasley is our King!”
The Tournament by Lady Snuffles
Author's Notes:
The quidditch match has finally arrived! And where did we leave Ginny and Harry?


Disclaimer: Are you people really as crazy as to think that I could try to pass this stuff off as my own?


Charlie Weasley had just finished up his rounds and was getting ready for bed. He had already fire-called his girlfriend in Romania and wished her a happy Valentine’s Day before he heard a voice out his window; then two voices.

The first was unclear, but the second he was sure he recognized. It was the voice of his little sister exclaiming, “You’re kidding!” from the top of the East Tower, which was two stories above his bedroom. The other voice came again, and although he couldn’t tell exactly what it was saying he knew now that it was Harry.

Not quite having the nerve to go see what his little sister was doing at two o’clock in the morning with her fiancé on top of an abandoned tower, Charlie snuck ahead and hid near the entrance to the Gryffindor common room, waiting for the right moment to reveal himself.

He didn’t have to wait long because Harry and Ginny came around the corner almost instantly. He let them walk past him before slipping out of the shadows and into the moonlight pouring from the windows.

Just before Ginny had spoken the password, Charlie put on a dignified voice and said, “I believe that answers are needed to the questions I’m going to give you two.”

Charlie watched as Harry tensed up and Ginny looked at him with an apologetic look. Ginny turned to her brother and said, “Good evening, Charlie.”

He looked his sister up and down, noting her flushed cheeks, ruffled hair, and twisted clothes, before accusing, “Evening? Ginny, it’s not even night! You should be saying, ‘good morning.’ to me! Why aren’t you two in your dorms?”

Charlie stared at Harry, blatantly trying to get an answer from him. “We were.....dinner... ..lost time...we just.....”

Ginny came to his rescue filling in all of the pauses. “We were having a nice romantic dinner, we lost track of time and we just saw how late it was, so we came right back.” Ginny then looked up at her brother with an expression that said, ‘I dare you to think otherwise.’

Mentally, Charlie caved in. He could tell by the expression on Ginny’s face that there was no lie in her words. But he didn’t want Harry to know this. “Well, in that case...” he paused so that Ginny could see the glint in his eye, “I will be seeing you both in detention next Friday evening. You wouldn’t want McGonagall to think I’m slacking would you?” With that, he sent them to bed.

~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~

“Gin, I really thought your brother was going to kill me,” Harry admitted after entering the common room.

“He wasn’t going to. He knew nothing happened tonight. Just some innocent fun. Plus, it could have been worse. We could have been caught by McGonagall...” She smiled at him as if they got off easy.

“What do you mean it could have been worse?! Ginny! I’m in detention with your brother, for Merlin’s sake! He’s going to kill me then!”

Ginny held her apologetic expression for as long as she could before turning around and saying, “I wouldn’t put it past him,” with a smile playing at her lips.

~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~

“Harry, Ginny, step into my office,” Charlie requested from his desk. He stacked a pile of letters and handed them to Ginny. “First task; take these to the owlry and send them each with separate owls.”

Ginny took the envelopes in one hand and saluted her brother with the other. Great, Harry thought, leave me alone with him. That’ll make it easier for him to polish me off.

Once Ginny left, Charlie turned to Harry and said, “Have a seat Harry. I have a couple questions for you.”

Before Charlie could even open his mouth Harry said, “Charlie, I swear what Ginny told you was exactly what happened that night. I just-”

Charlie cut him off with a raised hand. “Harry, I know that you would never do anything to compromise Ginny’s honor. I also know she wouldn’t let you. She lets people know where she stands.” He paused to let his last words sink into Harry before starting up again. “I understand how you can lose time when you’re with each other. I talked to Sonia for nearly two hours last night and I only meant to wish her a happy birthday.”

“Well if that’s not what this is about, then what are your questions?” Harry asked slowly, feeling as though each breath was his last.

“Well, firstly, are you are planning on marrying Ginny before the war is over?”

Harry shook his head, “No, I wouldn’t dream of it. I can’t even imagine what I would do if either one of us were lost in the war and we were married, or having a child.”

Charlie nodded his head, taking in every word. “Alright then, second, I want to ask you if you’ve had anymore of those dreams.”

Harry shook his head. “The only dreams I’ve had lately have just been the same one repeating.”

Charlie nodded his head again, “Okay then. On that note let’s get to your detention. Hmm.” He stood up and looked around his room. “Let’s see...there we go! You can head over to the bookshelf back there and alphabetize my books.”

Harry was shocked. “Are you serious? There’s only like....twenty of them.”

“Well, if you start now then Ginny will be back when you’re done and I can send you on your way.”

“You’re kidding, right?”

“Nah. I just didn’t want to disappoint McGonagall. I only gave the two of you detention, because I was sure she’d have found out some way or another.”

Harry started organizing Charlie’s books and soon realized that they were all encyclopedias. He found The Encyclopedia of Dragons: A-Am and put it on the shelf first.

Once Harry had set the last of the encyclopedias, Y-Z, on the shelf, the door of the office opened and Ginny marched back in. “Well, seeing as you both finished in due time, I’d like to chat with the two of you.” Ginny sat across the desk from her brother and Harry sat next to her. “Let me see...you know Bill is back and recovered...you know about Fred and George’s newest invention...you know about Bill and Fleur changing the wedding date...Oh yes that’s what it was! Bill sent me a letter from home yesterday. He told me why they changed the date for the wedding...”

Charlie stopped himself just long enough to let Ginny say, “And?”

“Now, Mum and Dad don’t know yet...Bill said he would tell them before the wedding, and that means you can’t say anything until then, but...he and Fleur are expecting...” Harry looked up shocked and Ginny clasped her hand over her mouth to muffle the small shriek it was emitting. Once she dropped it back to her lap again Charlie added with a smirk, “...twins.”

~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~

A month after Charlie had put Harry and Ginny in “detention,” Dumbledore made an announcement during breakfast.

“Good morning everyone!” Dumbledore called, a smile playing on his lips. “Over the past few weeks it has been brought to my attention multiple times, that I have not yet rescheduled the autumn’s quidditch matches. As I’m sure you are well aware, the snow is now melting, and Professor Hagrid is no longer the only one amongst us who can see above the snow banks. In which case I have decided to begin our glorious quidditch season with the following matches: On the fourth of April, Gryffindor will fly against Hufflepuff, and on the eleventh will be Slytherin versus Ravenclaw. The eighteenth will be the consolation round for third and fourth place, while April twenty-fifth will host the Quidditch Cup. If anyone is interested in commentating for the matches please see your Head of House. So, now that that is taken care of, Miss Chang, would you please stop sending those pesky school owls through my office window in the middle of the night?”

Cho blushed such a deep shade of scarlet that she almost met the trademark Weasley red.

~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~

The three weeks before Gryffindor’s first match were almost cruel. The quidditch practices were long, demanding, and everyday except Sunday.

Ginny’s daily load of practice, O.W.L.’s and overall gossip, was so high that she didn’t have time to sit and eat. Some nights she didn’t come to dinner at all. These nights however, Harry always managed to find the time to visit the kitchens and come back to the common room with an armful of food. Whether she ate it or not wasn’t a choice; Harry had threatened to hide all of her books if she didn’t eat.

Ron was once again moping about and muttering things along the lines of, “A ghost would make a better keeper than me,” and the Slytherins weren’t helping with their chants of “Weasley is Our King,” every time he walked into the Great Hall. Hermione did her best to cheer him up, but Ron wouldn’t have it. “They’re right!” he admitted one evening after dinner. “I’ll never save a goal ever again!”

Hermione was having her least stressful exams term out of all six years of Hogwarts. She and Ron had come to a compromise earlier in the year; Ron studies more and Hermione studies less. Thanks to another one of Ron’s brilliant ideas, Hermione was enjoying her free time instead of spending it in the library triple checking her pre-practice tests.

Harry, however, was studying more than he ever had and this was solely because he wanted to spend time with Ginny. Lately, all she did was eat, study, practice, study, sleep, and study more. So Harry decided to do these things when she did too. He had never known that she was nearly as obsessed as Hermione when it came to getting good marks. She refused to take a single night off of studying until after the quidditch matches. Harry figured Ginny’s study schedule benefitted him as well, since it kept his mind off of other concerns he’d been having lately.

Lupin had been missing for almost three whole months, and the Order still had no information on his whereabouts. Harry, Ron, Ginny, and Hermione had taken to going up to the staff table at least once a week to see if Dumbledore had any news. He’d shake his head and when their faces fell he’d say, “No news is good news.”

Voldemort and his supporters had made no further attacks since Lupin’s kidnaping, no dark marks had been sighted, no escapes from Azkaban had been made since at least November when Lucius Malfoy, Antonin Dolohov, and Augustus Rookwood broke out. It seemed almost as if the Death Eaters had disappeared completely.

Without Voldemort in the headlines, the Daily Prophet journalists seemed to be scrounging as much as they could. The day before the Gryffindor versus Hufflepuff game there was another story about Arabella Figg’s cats on the front page. Only this time it was the “truth.” The first lines read:

Contrary to previous articles, the cats that live under the roof of Arabella Figg’s house are not illegal, animagus, death eaters. They are in fact cats that are bred part kneazle! “I don’t know what all this Death Eater rubbish is,” says Figg, 73, from her Little Whinging home. “I’m just an old widow who loves her cats.” For more on kneazle breeding see page 5.

Shortly before the Quidditch Cup match, an article appeared in the Daily Prophet that rather disturbed Harry. The article explained things to the wizarding world; things that Harry didn’t think the community should, or needed to know.

The Boy Who Lived, none other than Harry Potter, 16, has had his heart stolen away. Weeks back into winter, it was rumored that Mr. Potter was taken off the market. We now have confirmation from three reliable sources that, on Christmas Day, Potter proposed to Miss Ginevra Weasley, 15, of Ottery St. Catchpole. The newly engaged couple have been seen around Hogwarts School of Witchcraft and Wizardry together and are nearly inseparable, taking away the classes that they don’t have together. Some witches and wizards in England would say that the couple is too young to be thinking about marriage; others believe that with the threat of You-Know-Who arising, nothing would be more acceptable. Continue article on page 7.

Beneath the article was a photograph of Harry and Ginny walking hand in hand down to Hogsmeade a few weekends back. Every few minutes in the picture, Harry would wrap his arm around Ginny’s waist and she would give Harry a kiss on the cheek.

The article itself didn’t really bother Harry per say. There was nothing in there that wasn’t telling the truth; However, that was what concerned him the most. If a newspaper reporter could gain so much information from just three sources, there was no telling what intelligence Voldemort or his Death Eaters could gather.

~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~

The morning of the Slytherin versus Gryffindor match, (Slytherin had pommeled Ravenclaw by three hundred and eighty points and Gryffindor triumphed over Hufflepuff when Harry caught the snitch within the first ten seconds of the match) both teams were to be found in the Great Hall eating a hearty breakfast. Even Ron, who could never keep anything down before a match, ate three pieces of toast with jam.

There was a mass exodus of students and staff ten minutes after the teams left to robe-up. As Hermione walked down to the pitch with Neville, she overheard a group of fourth year girls gossiping about the prospects of the game. Apparently Gryffindor was a for-sure win. The Ravenclaws and over half of the Hufflepuffs were not supporting Slytherin at all. She also heard them talking about a new song that had been spreading around the school without a certain Ronald Weasley knowing.

Hermione had a good idea what it was about but she didn’t dwell on it too much seeing as they made it to the pitch. She and Neville joined Hagrid near the top of the stands. Just as the Slytherin team came flying onto the field, Hermione heard Colin Creevey’s voice announcing the names of the players.

“Welcome to the Quidditch Cup, Hogwarts students! Here comes Slytherin with Captain Bletchley, Pucey, Vaisey, Warrington, Crabbe, Goyle, and Malfoy.” Cheers erupted from the Slytherin side of the pitch. Colin continued saying, “And here comes the Gryffindor team! Captain Bell, Weasley, Finnigan, Kirke, Sloper, Weasley, and Potter!” As the cheers of the Gryffindors became nearly deafening, the captains shook hands and both teams mounted their brooms.

They were up in the air for nearly an hour before the first timeout was called. Gryffindor was in the lead forty to zero, and so far Slytherin hadn’t tried to bend the rule book at all. As the teams landed in their separate tents Colin’s voice was heard over the talk of the crowd. “Today we have a few Gryffindor students that wanted to say something to their team for good luck. We have my brother Dennis down there with them now. Dennis?”

“Hey Col! It’s crazy down here! We’ve got a bunch of fans here that want to share their support for their team, so I’ll hand it over to them now.”

Hermione looked down to where Dennis was standing and saw that Lavender Brown was placing the Sonorus charm on herself as Parvati Patil waved her wand in front of the stand. A huge blank banner formed before them as Lavender said, “We all know the tune; the words have just been tweaked for our liking so read along if you wish. This song goes out to Ron Weasley!”

Parvati turned back to them and used her wand as if she were conducting a choir. As she did so, large scarlet words formed on the banner and the Gryffindors started to sing.

Weasley can save everything,
He’ll block every single ring,
That's why Gryffindors all sing:
Weasley is our King.

Weasley is our King,
Weasley is our King,
He’ll never let the Quaffle in,
Weasley is our King.

Weasley has it in his kin,
That’s why he never lets the Quaffle in,
Weasley will make sure we win,
Weasley is our King.

Weasley is our King,
Weasley is our King,
He won't ever let the Quaffle in,
Weasley is our King.

Weasley can save anything,
He never leaves a single ring,
That's why Gryffindors all sing:
Weasley is our King.


Hermione laughed heartily as she sang along, knowing how red Ron’s ears must be just then.




Harry and Ron were waiting to fly out when they heard Colin Creevey’s voice announce the Slytherin team.

“Welcome to the Quidditch Cup, Hogwarts students! Here comes Slytherin with Captain Bletchley, Pucey, Vaisey, Warrington, Crabbe, Goyle, and Malfoy.” Cheers erupted from the Slytherin side of the pitch. Colin continued saying, “And here comes the Gryffindor team! Captain Bell, Weasley, Finnigan, Kirke, Sloper, Weasley, and Potter!”

They flew out of onto the field with the knowledge that there were far more people supporting them than their opponents. The first hour of the game seemed to last a lifetime. Harry could tell that his teammates had it cut out for themselves. After Harry’s ninth circle of the pitch nearly his whole team were slumped on their brooms with exhaustion. He signaled for Katie to call a timeout, and they all landed inside the tent.

Colin’s voice was suddenly heard. “Today we have a few Gryffindor students that wanted to say something to their team for good luck. We have my brother Dennis down there with them now. Dennis?”

Harry just laughed to himself. He had overheard Lavender and Parvati talking about this earlier in the week but he didn’t think they’d actually go through with it.

“Hey Col! It’s crazy down here! We’ve got a bunch of fans here that want to share their support for their team, so I’ll hand it over to them now.”

Harry started laughing in earnest when he saw the look on Ron’s face when he heard Lavender Brown say, “We all know the tune; the words have just been tweaked for our liking so read along if you wish. This song goes out to Ron Weasley!” The rest of the team joined in with Harry as Ron’s face and ears turned more crimson than the robes on their backs when the Gryffindors chorused together.

Weasley can save everything,
He’ll block every single ring,
That's why Gryffindors all sing:
Weasley is our King.

Weasley is our King,
Weasley is our King,
He’ll never let the Quaffle in,
Weasley is our King.

Weasley has it in his kin,
That’s why he never lets the Quaffle in,
Weasley will make sure we win,
Weasley is our King.

Weasley is our King,
Weasley is our King,
He won't ever let the Quaffle in,
Weasley is our King.

Weasley can save anything,
He never leaves a single ring,
That's why Gryffindors all sing:
Weasley is our King.

Harry was doubled over in laughter, and Ginny was using him to support herself, whereas the rest of the team was in or nearly to the point of tears because of Ron’s stock-still expression.

Dennis’ voice was heard again over the cheers of the Gryffindor supporters and the boo’s of the Slytherin’s. “You’d think that says enough in itself, but we’ll be back here for more on the next timeout. Back to you, Colin.”

The game went on for another twenty minutes before the next timeout and this time the Gryffindors were sure to mention Ron’s sharp flying skills and his debonair looks. This perked up Ron enough for him to score his own ten points at a field’s length.

After another forty minutes, Harry saw the snitch near the ground of the Gryffindor goal posts and dove straight for it. It was an easy catch, seeing as Malfoy was only halfway across the pitch when Harry grabbed it. It was also a spectacular win, because the final score was three hundred and sixty to ten.

The celebrating in the common room that night lasted until early the next morning. Professor McGonagall even stopped by once to congratulate them and thank them for letting the Quidditch Cup stay in its rightful place on her shelf. Charlie stayed for most of the party. Around two he said that they should rap it up and head to bed. Then, at about three thirty Charlie called it a night, which left the team, the rest of the sixth and seventh years and the Creevey’s in the common room. Another hour past, and it was narrowed down to just Harry, Hermione, Ginny and Ron. They were in their favorite places in front of the fire. All of them felt as though letting sleep take them would be a good decision, but no one wanted to admit to the other that they were ready for bed.

Ginny had been quite giggly, for the last half hour, which told them all that she was beyond tired. Hermione had her head in Ron’s lap where she would stifle the occasional yawn. Ron was staring into the flames absentmindedly stroking Hermione’s hair. Harry was gazing at nothing in particular thinking over the past school year. Harry broke the comfortable silence that was lingering between them with a small laugh.

“What’s up, Harry?” Ron asked, yawning slightly.

“Ah, nothing really. I just realized that we’ve been the most perfect students this year, haven’t we?”

“How do you mean?” Ginny asked smirking.

“Well,” Harry started. “We haven’t broken a single school rule this year have we? Well, at least, minus getting caught by Charlie. But that doesn’t really count because we didn’t really get in trouble.” Harry watched as his friends thought about the past year. “Think about it. The D.A. isn’t against the rules anymore, so we aren’t doing anything wrong there. We haven’t burst out at any teachers, we haven’t snuck out to do late night research on things we aren’t supposed to be researching, we’re allowed to use the restricted section, we haven’t beat anyone up...” Harry paused here and laughed. “Well, I should say, ‘haven’t been caught beating anyone up,’ we’ve done our homework on time all year, we haven’t tackled any trolls...and I don’t know about you Ron, but I haven’t flown any cars recently, have you?”

They all had a good laugh, and stayed up until nearly six talking about all the times they had broken the rules and had been landed in detention, (or better: wormed their way out of it).



~A/N: Y’all have absolutely NO idea how hard this chapter was for me! Put it this way; I started writing this chapter last April...I finished it in October. But hey!!! I’m done! So....HA HA HA!!! I could cry. Quote from the next chappie: The only thing that happened was Harry, Hermione, and Ginny all turning their heads in Ron’s direction, saying,“What?” at the same time.
Missing by Lady Snuffles
Author's Notes:
Where....ahem...I mean what are Harry’s dreams going to tell him next?I'm apologizing now for the super shortness of this chapter. I decided to be evil and leave a nice little cliff hanger instead of just following through to the next chapter. I'm hoping for quick updates between them though so it shouldn't be too terrible for you all. Only three chapters left!


Disclaimer: I’m not crazy...I know I’m not J.K. Rowling...although that would be cool....


She stood before a castle larger than Hogwarts, Buckingham Palace, and the Palace of Versailles combined. To her right, and east of the castle was the North Sea and she could feel the cool spray on her face. It was night, and the only light was the glow of the moon that was hidden behind the clouds. Down the jagged and rocky cliffs she could hear the faint call of a seagull, and the far off answer of its mate. The waves that crashed against the rock wall sprinkled on her and made the hair on the back of her neck stand up.

She felt a force pulling her towards the castle and she obeyed it. The door handles were made of pure silver in the shape of a snake’s head with the tongue sticking out to the side. The eyes, black an night, were formed out of obsidian cut into perfect marquise shapes. Once inside she began walking down a corridor trying to memorize everything as if she never wanted to forget. At the end of the hall she turned to her right and opened another door with the same handle as the outside entrance except for the snakes eyes were made with emerald cut obsidian.

She followed a second corridor down to the fourth door on the left; she found every door in this hall with the same handle and marigold cut obsidian eyes. She entered it and began to go down the passage. After nearly ten more hallways she entered a grand dining room and walked all the way to the far corner. Once there she took the staircase, that was behind a very disguised door, down to what appeared to be a dungeon.

The dungeon was a long empty floor, separated by nine doors. Each handle this time made of wood with trillion cut obsidian. She walked to the one straight ahead and opened the door. She entered yet another hallway that had three other passageways branching off on each side. She took the first one on the left and walked all the way to the end where yet another snake handled door was shut. When she creaked it open she found Remus Lupin curled up in the corner farthest from the door. She tried to call out to him but her voice was cold and cruel. The words that came out of her mouth were uncontrollable and not the ones she had intended to speak. “Does the werewolf want to come out and play with me?” without waiting for an answer she pointed her wand at him and shouted, “Crucio!”

She then woke in her dormitory withering in pain, trying to scream out but found it took too much energy. When the pain subsided she lay still with silent tears sliding down her face until she heard Harry’s voice in her head. Ginny, please tell me you didn’t go through what I just did.

She looked up at the canopy of her four poster as she thought, If I did it would be a lie.

~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~

Harry, Ginny, Ron and Hermione were in front of the gargoyle guarding the staircase to the headmaster’s office, listing off every candy and sweet they could think of. Waiting a few seconds to see if it would do anything then picking another one.

“Fever Fudge...”

Nothing

“Acid Pop...”

Nothing

“He doesn’t really like them.”

“Puking Pasty...”

Nothing

“Cockroach Cluster...”

Nothing

“He’s used it already.”

“Fudge Flies...”

Nothing

“Exploding Marshmallow...”

The only thing that happened was Harry, Hermione, and Ginny all turning their heads in Ron’s direction all saying, “What?” at the same time.

“It’s Fred and George’s newest,” Ron explained. “They got the idea from Ginny’s dream.”

The three looked at each other and made similar noises to, “Ah.”

“Um, Ice Mi-”

“First of all it’s, Ton-Tongue Toffee,” Charlie said through a yawn from behind them. He was fully dressed and looked as though he was on his morning rounds. They watched the statue move out of the way as he finished. “Second of all why are you four out of bed at four o’clock in the morning on a Sunday? Lastly, why do you need to get into Professor Dumbledore’s office?”

“We had another dream,” Harry and Ginny said at the same time.

“Well let’s get up there then.” Charlie ushered them up the steps and asked, “What was it about?”

“Some castle mostly...”

“Lupin partially.”

Once they were at the top, Ron knocked on the door and they heard a rushed, “enter” from the far side of the room. Once they were all in the office, Harry headed straight for the Pensieve. Dumbledore seemed to know what was going on already and didn’t object. Harry pulled the dream from his head and placed it into the bowl for all to see. All six of them watched as the dream replayed. Five of whom looked to Dumbledore for answers when it was over and Harry placed the memory back into his head.

Dumbledore first looked to his students and said, “You four, go get dressed. Make sure to have your wands with you when you return.” Then he turned to Charlie and said, “Contact everyone immediately, the entire Order. Get Minerva in here after that. I want all of you back here in fifteen minutes. We’re going on a little adventure.”

“Where are we going?” Ron asked.

Harry looked hopeful. “To rescue Lupin?”

“We’re going to the castle of Salazar Slytherin.”

~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~

The teams were assembled and ready to leave within the hour. Harry, Ginny, Ron, Hermione, Dumbledore, Tonks, Charlie, and Bill were in one team; their job was to search for Lupin, while the other three teams, all aurors, were to explore the castle to see if they could find any sign that would lead them to Voldemort.

The teams portkeyed to an empty field near a city called Lowestoft in Norfolk. Each team went separate ways to the castle. After walking North for five minutes in an uncomfortable silence, Bill said ominously, “There it is,” pointing up the dirt road.

Sure enough, the highest points of two turrets could be seen just over the top of the hill in front of them. Harry squeezed Ginny’s hand, in what he hoped was a comforting manner and she returned the favor.

“Sir?” Harry asked, looking at Dumbledore. The headmaster looked down at Harry and inclined his head in response. “How did you know to come here?”

“No person would ever forget those door handles.” When Harry’s face turned to confusion, Dumbledore added, “Two years ago, when Voldemort first came back into power. I had heard about this castle many times prior to visiting it, but I hadn’t felt the need to come here to be certain it still existed until then. At the time I had walked straight up to the front door; I stood there for hours and tried to get the door to open for me, but nothing worked. But I think we’ll find that you will be able to.” His answer was accompanied by a knowing look.

“Parsletongue, sir?” Dumbledore merely nodded his head.

At the entrance of the castle, Ron turned the handle of the door, but nothing happened. He tried to unlock it but once again to no prevail. At this, Harry gave Dumbledore a confirming look and said, “Open up.”

Tonks, Charlie, and Bill looked at Harry as if he were insane, but the doors opened to reveal a dimly lit entrance hall. Harry and Ginny led the way, wands out, hands held. At the end of the first hall they took a right and opened the door exactly the same way as the dream. Once again, they followed the second corridor to the fourth door on the left.

As they walked through the next few halls, Ginny finally noticed how very afraid she was. Sensing her feelings Harry’s voice in her head told her, Everything’s going to be alright. I love you. She smiled and squeezed his hand again.

They came to the dining room, which was far less grand than the dream made it out to be. After opening the hidden door, Harry walked first down the steep spiral stairs. At the bottom he found the same long and empty floor, with nine doors heading off in different directions. After all eight people were down the staircase, they walked through the door straight ahead.

Taking the first hall on the left, Harry whispered, “It’s the door dead ahead.”

Dumbledore took the lead, wand at the ready, and everyone else followed close behind. Dumbledore creaked the door open and Harry saw, sprawled out on the floor, the form of a very disheveled and tormented Remus Lupin. Tonks let out a cry and rushed past Dumbledore, to her fiance’s sleeping form. She knelt beside him and whispered, “Rennervate,”as she rolled him off of his side. Lupin opened his eyes and stared into the dark and twinkling ones of Tonks.

In a raspy voice he whispered, “I knew you’d come for me.” Tonks gathered him into her arms as she cried tears of joy.

With all the confusion and bustle to help Lupin, Harry let go of Ginny’s hand. He didn’t recall doing it, but he knew he did. Once he realized this, however, Harry looked around for her and saw that she wasn’t with them. Quickly he walked down the corridor to the main dungeon entrance. He began to worry, Why weren’t we stopped by anyone on the way down here? Wouldn’t they have thought to guard a prisoner? Where did Ginny go? Wouldn’t she answer my thoughts if something was wrong? Why did I let go of her hand? Frighteningly, he was pulled from his worries by the sound of Ginny, screaming. He took off running in the direction of the most terrifying sound he had ever heard.





Ron looked around the room at all the smiling faces. Tonks was crying still, happy that Lupin was alive; Lupin was crying slightly too, happy to be alive and rescued. Dumbledore had his “I knew it was going to work out this way” smile on his face while he made sure that Lupin had no injuries other than the minor scratches and bruises. Bill looked relieved, and the guilt that had been sitting on his chest was visibly lifted off of him. Charlie was just as happy as the rest of them and excitement was clearly written on his face. Hermione looked like an angel smiling the way she always did when things ended the right way, and Harry and Ginny were both.....

Ron stared at Hermione and their faces both fell, realizing the same thing at the same time. Their best friends were missing...



~A/N: Ok, I know you guys all hate me and are all probably going to send me the most evil reviews in the world but I can’t help that I love cliffies!!!!! MWAHAHAHA! Here’s the quote: WHERE IS SHE!?! -Harry
Dream Come True by Lady Snuffles
Author's Notes:
Where did Ginny go? Why was she screaming? Where is Harry? What are Ron and Hermione going to do now that their best friends are missing? Well, I’ll tell you..........


Disclaimer: This is J.K. Rowling’s stuff and anyone crazy enough to try to take it as their own is just dumb.


Ginny was standing next to Harry, holding his hand when Lupin was found. She squeezed his hand and she let go of it so that he could go to his guardian. It was one of the first real smiles she had seen on his face since the day he had proposed to her. For a second, she thought it may even have been the happiest he looked since she met him. Her brother, Bill, patted her shoulder as he walked past to see his friend for the first time in months.

That was the last thing she remembered. Suddenly her happy moment was gone and all Ginny could see was blackness.

She woke to pain beyond anything she had ever experienced. She screamed and tried to call out to Harry with her mind, but found a solid wall between his thoughts and her own. Not soon enough the pain subsided and she could breathe a shaky breath. Again pain came, but this time in a different form. Out of nowhere a boot collided with her stomach and the wind was knocked out of her. Ginny recoiled and felt the boot hit her again, this time with at least three sickening cracks from her ribs.

Once again, she was placed under the Cruciatus Curse, laying on the cold stone floor screaming into the night. The pain stopped increasing but it didn’t quite go away, when the curse was lifted. It scared her when she found that it was hard to breath and she was losing consciousness. She used every ounce of control she possessed to stay awake.

Somewhere above her, Ginny could hear a soft laugh, but she couldn’t quite determine where it was coming from. She gathered that the laugh was coming from a woman, and this woman found torture very funny for some odd reason. The only person that Ginny could think of to fit this description was Bellatrix Lestrange.

A few minutes later her suspicions were confirmed when there was a popping noise, and a cold voice yelled, “Bella!”

“Yes, my Lord?” Bellatrix answered.

“Who has Potter?”

“No one at the moment my Lord. He still has not come for the girl.”

There was a moment’s silence where Ginny supposed he was considering his other options. “Are you sure she is the one he will come after? How do you know we have the right girl?”

“Our spy at Hogwarts has confirmed it my Lord.”

Silence ensued, and Ginny could hear what could only have been Voldemort’s footsteps pacing the room. “Do you remember what to do?” Ginny heard him ask.

“Yes,” Bellatrix replied. “First, get Potter confined to interrogate him to see if he knows where it is. Second, if he doesn’t respond, torture the girl in front of him. Third, if he doesn’t know about it, you kill him, even though you’ll never be able to fight fairly. Avoid that at all costs. If he does know where it is, we have him take us to it so he can get the power he needs to have a fair duel between the two of you. Lastly, kill the girl in front of him.”

Ginny took a sharp intake of breath at this, which put pressure on her lungs and cracked ribs, causing yet more pain.

“What did the letter say that you sent to him?”

“We have the girl you are looking for. The longer you take to find her the worse her suffering will be. Qui vous aimez toujours mourra. You should know that by now. Not So Sincerely, You Know Who.”

It was then that Ginny started to ask herself if she was going to die. This was the dream Harry had told her about; the dream that led up to her death. Silently, she began to cry, begging the wall between her and Harry to crumble.

“Perfect. I will be waiting upstairs. I’ll send Lucius and Severus down here. Keep one of the three of you hidden in case Potter springs up an attack and two of you can’t handle him...oh, and I’ll know when Potter is here. I will hear his thoughts, no need to tell me.”

Ginny was alone with Bellatrix for what felt like forever before someone apparated into the room. A second person did the same a few moments later.

She heard Bellatrix’s cold voice say, “One of us needs to keep hidden for a surprise attack on Potter.”

“I’ll do it,” Ginny couldn’t mistake Snape’s mumbling. The greasy haired git, she couldn’t help but think.

“Fine by me, but stay hidden. There can be no mistakes.”

The room was silent and dark except for the crackling and dim light coming from the fireplace in the opposite side of the room. The sound of the fire had almost lulled her to sleep until the drawling voice of Lucius Malfoy startled her back to consciousness.

“Where’s Potter? His girlfriend here will die of loneliness before he arrives.”

“Calm down Lucius. The Dark Lord said he would come. He’ll come.”

“How can you have so much faith in him, Bella? How do we know if something went wrong in the plan? We could be down here waiting for Potter to show up and for all we know half of our team is dueling with Ministry officials. How do you know the Dark Lord wouldn’t leave us for Azkaban just so he can escape.”

“How can you even think such things? Of course the Dark Lord wouldn’t abandon us. Don’t lose your faith in our master so quickly, Lucius. He needs us to fulfil his plans after all.”

Only a moment later Ginny heard the sound of a door handle turning. “Aha! See what I told you? Here comes the boy now,” Bellatrix announced happily.

Ginny heard the door slam open along with the sound of Harry’s voice yelling, “WHERE IS SHE!?” Her heart began to pound with worry, suddenly wishing he had never come at all, because she knew he had come to his death.




Why weren’t we stopped by anyone on the way down here? Wouldn’t they have thought to guard a prisoner? Where did Ginny go? Wouldn’t she answer my thoughts if something was wrong? Why did I let go of her hand? Frighteningly, he was pulled from his worries by the sound of Ginny, screaming. He took off running in the direction of the most terrifying sound he had ever heard.

The noise of agony stopped after Harry entered the first door in the chamber. Not knowing where to go next he began to search every room he found. After the third room, he came back out into the hallway to find a green mist hanging in the air. Slowly it formed itself into the words he had heard Bellatrix Lestrange say to Voldemort months ago in a dream. It seemed so surreal to him now that he wasn’t sure he wether or not to believe what they were telling him.

We have the girl you are looking for.
The longer you take to find her,
The worse her suffering will be.
Qui vous aimez toujours mourra.
You should know that by now.
Not So Sincerely,
You Know Who


The sickly green mist of the letters formed the dark mark just in front of Harry and he let out a gasp trying to cut through it with his wand. As eerily as it came, it dissipated, and the image of Ginny laying on a cold stone floor formed in his mind.

Suddenly Harry heard Ginny scream again and he took off after it. The shriek led him all the way down the hall to another one, similar to the corridor Lupin was found in. The only difference was that this one was four times the size. Again the screaming stopped, and Harry no longer knew where to go. He searched room after room and cell after cell until he felt that Ginny must have been taken somewhere else.

The second after he lost all hope, he felt his scar start to twinge. Abruptly Harry turned and started walking. He didn’t know where he was going but he knew that wherever it was, Ginny would be there. He brought himself to a solid wooden door, no different from any of the others and pressed his ear against it. He could hear muffled voices that he couldn’t identify specifically but he knew he recognized them.

Harry pulled out his wand, pushing aside the growing pain in his head. He composed himself and shook the door handle to check if it was locked. As fast as he could, Harry threw the door open and shouted, “WHERE IS SHE ?”

The moment he did, a number of hexes and curses came flying at him. He dodged and blocked them all until he realized where he was. The second he started to turn around to hex Snape, Harry was hit from behind.

“Congratulations Severus. You’ve caught him. Well done indeed,” Bellatrix complimented as Harry searched the room for Ginny, only able to move his eyes. He spotted her laying on the cold stone floor in the opposite corner from him. He watched as she took a slow, shaky breath; the same shallow breath she took in his dream, nearly a year ago.

Snape cast ropes around Harry and enabled him to talk again. Before Harry could say anything Snape’s cold voice demanded, “Tell us where it is Potter. Tell us now or your little girlfriend here will be in misery.”

There was a split second of panic where Harry wondered what he should do. In his dream, he hadn’t known what ‘it’ was. Knowing now, did he dare tell them? No, he thought. Go along with the dream, and if it ends the same way then so be it.

“I don’t know what ‘it’ is,” Harry lied through his teeth.

“Dumbledore must have mentioned it to you by now,” Snape reasoned. He raised his voice at Harry and roared, “WHERE POTTER?”

“I don’t know what you are talking about ” Harry retorted in anger. Snape looked over to Malfoy who began the Cruciatus curse upon Ginny.

“No ” Harry shouted loudly. He had forgotten this part of the dream and hadn’t put it into account. He couldn’t stand Ginny to be tortured before her death. He couldn’t stand for her to die.

Ginny screamed in agony. It was unbearable to watch her writhe around on the floor, screaming and crying. “STOP ” Harry yelled.

“Tell us where it is then,” Snape said shortly.

“I will do whatever you want. Just stop hurting her.”

“Talk to me Potter...for once I’m interested in what you have to say,” Snape curtly acknowledged.

“I don’t personally know where it is, but I know who does.” The second it came out of his mouth, Harry knew he had said the wrong thing. He couldn’t just tell some Death Eaters that Lupin was the secret keeper and the only person that could tell them where the Potter Manor was.

Harry must have paused too long because Snape edged with bitterness in his tone, “Keep going.”

The only thing Harry could think of that could buy him time was bribery. “Let Ginny go and I will tell you. If you don’t, I won’t let a word slip from my lips.”

Snape sighed and rubbed his temples as if asking for patience. “Lets try this again Potter....We are the ones with the power. We have the Weasley girl...and you.”

Again Snape nodded at Malfoy. The curse hit Ginny again and she screamed.

“Stop it!” Harry hollered. No one was listening. “Stop now ” Ginny only shrieked louder.

Without warning the door was kicked open, and Ron ran in; Hermione on his heels. Together, Ron and Hermione easily outmatched the three Death Eaters with curses, jinxes, hexes and spells. Ron had Snape stunned and pinned up against a wall, Hermione had Malfoy in a Full Body-Bind so he now lay face down on the ground and Bellatrix was unconscious from a stray stunner. The second all three Death Eaters were bound Hermione rushed over to Ginny and Ron untied Harry.

“Are you alright mate?”

“Don’t worry about me,” was all Harry could say as he also ran over to Ginny. “Is she....?” Harry asked Hermione as he knelt down beside Ginny, taking her hand.

“She’s alive, but“” Hermione was cut off by the rest of the Order bustling into the room.

~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~

Fourteen hours later Harry was sitting by Ginny’s bed at St. Mungo’s Hospital for Magical Maladies and Injuries. He had been there for the last twelve hours when the healers had told him and her family that after healing her cracked ribs, Ginny was in perfect condition but they couldn’t figure out why she wouldn’t wake up. So he sat beside her, holding her hand, telling her everything would be alright, and asking her to wake up.

Of course Harry wasn’t the only one who sat with her. He was just the only one who stayed the whole time. Tonks came in telling Harry that Lupin would be fine but they were keeping him overnight just in case, and that was where she would be if he needed anything. Mr. and Mrs. Weasley had both come, but Mrs. Weasley had frequent visits to the Visitor’s Tearoom to compose herself, her husband tagging along. All of Ginny’s brothers minus Percy had stopped in for a while and Hermione kept pacing from Ginny’s room to the end of the floor and back, not able to sit and look at her best friend lying in a hospital bed.

At the moment Harry was alone with Ginny, because Ron had gone to talk Hermione into getting some fresh air. He was pleading with Ginny again. Just wake up, was all he kept thinking, and all he’d tell her was how much he loved her and how much he wanted her to come back to him. Harry squeezed her hand lightly for what must have been the thousandth time, with no reaction, and laid his head down on her bed.

What if she never wakes up?

In desperation, Harry squeezed her hand once more.



~A/N: I’ll let your minds wander...no quote this time. Only one chapter left *Tear*
The Dynasty of the Wand by Lady Snuffles
Author's Notes:
Last chapter everybody! We pick up right where we left off, so if you really want a recap go back and read the last section of chappie eighteen.
Disclaimer: I can’t believe that you still think I’m trying to pass this off as my own...




What if she never wakes up?



In desperation, Harry squeezed her hand once more. And once more there was no reaction. Harry sighed and leaned back in his chair, still not letting go of his fiancé’s hand.



Mrs. Weasley was right, Harry thought to himself. She said to never let go of Ginny’s hand, and I did. Look where she ended up...



The door creaked open and Ron came back in followed by a very distraught Hermione. Harry knew he should say something to her, but he wasn’t sure what was appropriate.



“She’ll be okay, Hermione,” was all he could say but he knew that his voice sounded false even to himself. She just nodded her head as she sat down opposite him and curled her legs to her body. Ron sat next to her and wrapped an arm around her shoulder and she laid her head on his arm.



Harry watched as Hermione fell asleep, tears still sliding down her face. After that he and Ron talked a bit about nothing particularly interesting. Soon the boys both fell silent and Ron too slipped off into sleep. It was in that moment, that Harry had felt the most alone in his entire life.



It was in that moment that he realized that he was in a silent room and had no one to talk with.



No one to laugh with...



No one to cry with...



No one to hold...



No one to love.



It was in that moment that he realized that he needed Ginny more than anyone could ever imagine. At the thought, Harry laid his head down on his arm resting on the bed, pleaded Ginny to wake up, and cried silently to himself








The first thing Ginny noticed was that she was flying; no, she was falling; or was she maybe just floating in one spot? She couldn’t really tell. And everything was white; that was the next thing she noticed. It was rather disturbing.



For the life of her, Ginny couldn’t figure out where she was or why she was there. Think backwards, she told herself. She thought so hard she made her brain ache, and all she managed to think of was yelling.



A man yelling; No two men. There were two different voices.



And then a girl screaming.



She was the girl. But she couldn’t stop. And she couldn’t figure out why she was screaming.



She pushed herself farther back and she distinctly heard one of the men yell for the other to stop. Stop what?



She stopped screaming. Did the man tell me to stop? Ginny asked herself. Asking herself made her start to lose the men’s voices so she tried to concentrate on them once more.



But she lost them, and she felt the floating feeling again. She didn’t like it; it was too chilling and silent. She forced her mind to go back to where the yelling was; all she could get to was the screaming. Then the screaming stopped and multiple voices were yelling, shouting, and shrieking all at once. Ginny tried to hold on to them but there was too much going on and she lost them once more to the white abyss. She couldn’t move or speak there. She felt numb. Ginny tried everything she could think of but there was no escape. She tried going back to the yelling men but she couldn’t.



Very quietly a voice came and left. She tried to grasp onto it but it slipped right past. There it was again, but this time she caught it. It was Harry, and he was saying her name. He was telling her that he loved her. He wanted her to come back to him. She wanted to yell back to him and tell him that she couldn’t no matter how much she wanted to. Ginny needed him to rescue her.



She kept focusing on his voice, every word and every syllable he spoke. Each one he made got stronger and louder. Ginny could only hope that meant she was getting closer to him. Slowly she felt the numbness leaving her. It started at her toes and slowly crept it’s way up her body until the very fingertips of her hands could feel the soft sheets beneath one and a warm hand that she knew very, very well, clasped in the other.



~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~



Harry still lay crying, silently aware of his forlorn, when he felt the fragile hand that lay in his gently press against his skin. He lifted his head up in hopes that his mind wasn’t playing tricks on him. He watched as the eyes of the most beautiful woman he had ever seen, fluttered open.



She looked up at him, smiled and said in a hoarse whisper, “You saved me. I knew you’d save me Harry. You called me and I came back to you.”



~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~



The next morning Harry, Ron, and Hermione were sent back to Hogwarts for their exams week. The Cruciatus curse took a toll on Ginny’s body so she was going to end up taking her theory portion of her O.W.L.’s while still in the hospital and then once she was physically able to, take her practical portion at the Ministry.



The school year ended the next week and it was no surprise when Gryffindor won the House Cup...again. The train ride back to London wasn’t quite as exciting as the one before it because Ron and Hermione both had to patrol nearly the entire time and with no Ginny to keep him company Harry sat with Neville and Luna talking about nothing particularly interesting.



Once they were back in London, Harry and Hermione said goodbye to Ron as he headed home to the Burrow with Charlie. The Weasley’s would be there until Ginny was ready to leave the hospital, then they all would join Harry, Lupin, Tonks and Hermione at Grimmauld Place.



Earlier in the year Hermione had owled her parents regarding the summer, and they had decided that it would be safest for Hermione to live in a house that was invisible unless you knew it was there. In the meantime, Hermione’s parents were going to visit with her aunt and uncle in New Zealand.



The second they got to Number Twelve, Harry asked if they could go and visit Ginny, because he hadn’t seen her since the day they had brought her to St. Mungo’s. Hermione and Tonks offered to stay behind to “tidy up” a bit. Harry thought they were crazy because he had never seen Grimmauld Place look so...there really was no other word for it: clean. He could see his own reflection on the banister for Merlin’s sake. Tonks insisted that there was loads more to do and she wanted to get started on it right away, so Harry didn’t object. He and Lupin then flooed to the hospital.



Once they arrived they followed the signs to the Spell Damage floor and found Ginny’s room. Actually they followed Ginny’s angry voice to her room. Harry and Lupin stood in the doorway and watched as someone other than Harry was targeted with Ginny’s stress.



“I know I can’t walk by myself! Just let me wheel myself around for a while. I need to leave this room! I’m going insane!” Ginny argued with her nurse from the wheelchair she was sitting in.



“Now Miss Weasley, you know very well that I cannot let you leave the room alone. And I don’t apprec-”



“Oh, Merlin! I’m fifteen for crying out loud! I’m not a child.”



“But you aren’t an adult.”



“Come on, Doris. No one has to know about it, just five minutes by myself.”



“Ginevra Weasley I could lose my job if I did. No, you may not go alone. That is final!”



“Ugh! Fine! I’ll just sit here and rot until the day I die.”



“And I’ll see to it,” Doris said with a note of finality as she finished changing the bed linens. She changed her demeanor and asked Ginny, “Now, are you going to sit in bed or let me push you around for a bit?” When she turned her head back towards her patient she noticed the two men standing in the door smirking. “Or maybe one of your friends wants to wheel you to the tea room?” The nurse inclined her head to the door and smiled.



Ginny turned and smiled too. “Harry!” He walked right over to Ginny and made up for not being able to kiss her for the last two weeks.



“Ah. The boyfriend,” Doris stated with no emotion.



“Fiancé,” Ginny corrected when Harry pulled away. “I don’t wear this rock for nothing.” She looked up at Doris and asked with a pleading face, “May he please escort me to the top floor?”



Doris just laughed and waved them away. “So much for wanting to be alone,” the nurse added with a half smile.



Harry smirked again and looked at Lupin. “You coming?”



“Who me? Nah. I think I’ll have a nice chat with Nurse Doris here,” Lupin said sitting down and getting comfortable in the chair opposite the bed.



Harry walked around to the back of Ginny’s chair and wheeled her out the door saying, “Suit yourself.”



Harry pushed Ginny to the lift that would take them up to the Visitor’s Tearoom. Once the doors of the lift came to a close Ginny tried to stand up but Harry pushed her back down. “Oh no you don’t. I heard every word of that conversation, and you even admitted that you couldn’t walk.”



“Harry, I was just saying that to get the slave driver to let me go. Here I’ll prove it to you.” Ginny made a show of standing up while Harry walked around the front of the chair to catch her, knowing full well that she wouldn’t be able to take a very stable step. “See?” Ginny announced proudly, carefully balancing her weight and trying not to show the strain on her face.



Harry gave her a half smile, took a step backwards, and said in a tone that she wouldn’t be able to turn down, “But you see, you’re only standing. I bet you can’t walk to me without falling.”



Ginny’s face fell slightly, but she recovered quickly. Slowly she shifted her weight onto one foot and even slower lifted her other foot off the ground. She placed her foot on the ground a few inches farther in front of where it was, lost her balance, yelped, and started falling.



Very delicately, Harry caught her around the waist and set her back in the wheelchair as the lift doors opened. “I figured as much,” he muttered under his breath.



Ginny just moaned and said, “It’s so unfair! Lupin was there loads longer than we were, and he was under the curse plenty more times than I was, and yet he got to leave the day after we rescued him.”



Harry sighed slightly as he pushed her to an empty table. “Well Gin, Lupin is over twice your age, he’s been placed under the curse plenty more times before he was kidnaped, he weighs more than you, and he’s learned how to reduce pain. It just takes more of a toll on your body because you’re petite.”



Ginny put her elbows on the table and covered her face with her hands. “I don’t care. It’s still unfair that I have to stay here ‘til I die.”



“Ginny, you are not going to die from recovering in a hospital.”



She pulled her hands away from her face and looked him dead in the eyes. “But I’m so bored. You can only read Witch Weekly so many times before you’ve memorized it. I’m so sick of the colors, white and lime-green; I feel nauseous looking at the walls. I can’t practice any of my practical O.W.L.’s because I’m not allowed to do magic outside school, and to top it all off, I now have a headache.” Ginny placed her head on her arms on the table and asked, “Do you ever feel like crying but you just can’t get yourself to do it?”



Harry stared blankly at her and rubbed her back. “No, but I think I understand where you’re coming from.” He waited until Ginny sat back up again before telling her the good news. “Well, I can at least fix one of those problems.”



“Can you really or are you just pulling my leg? Because I’m not really in a very good mood today.”



“No, I’m not kidding, I really can help.” Harry reached into his back pocket and pulled out a letter. He cleared his throat and read aloud:



This document hereby grants temporary exclusion from the Decree for the Restriction of Underage Wizardry, to Ginevra Molly Weasley while under supervision of any adult witch or wizard to practice for her Practical O.W.L.’s.



This document becomes invalid after Ginevra Molly Weasley’s term in St. Mungo’s Hospital for Magical Maladies and Injuries.



Amelia Bones

Head of The Department of Magical Law Enforcement




A genuine smile crept its way to all of Ginny’s features. This brought a smile to Harry’s own face as he handed the document to Ginny. She took it gratefully and reread it to herself before saying, “I’m going to get this framed! This could totally have improved my whole entire lifetime.”



“Why your whole life?” Harry asked confused. “It only lasts until you leave.”



Ginny sighed and said, “Harry, I’ve already said I’m going to be in this hospital and rot until the day I die.”



Harry just shook his head and laughed.



~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~



The next day found Harry and Lupin sitting in the drawing room in Grimmauld Place, discussing their trip to Potter Manor over a game of chess.



After settling in at Number Twelve, Lupin would ask Dumbledore to lift the wards on Potter Manor. Then Lupin and Harry would leave for Potter Manor by car. It would take over half the day to get to the manor; they’d spend a full day and the next morning there and then take another half day to get back to London.



Potter Manor was located on the far north tip of the Scotland Highlands on the Balnakeil Bay outside of Durness. Lupin had told Harry on countless occasions that it was the most beautiful place he had ever been to, and was once again in the process of doing so.



“During the day when the waves climb up the beach, and the gulls call across the bay....Bishop to C4, check...Or at night if you look up at the sky....” Lupin paused here to reminisce.



Harry just smiled and said, “Don’t worry Moony, you’ll see it again soon enough. Ha! Castle to C4.”



The use of his old nickname pulled Lupin out of his reverie. “Since when do you call me ‘Moony’?”



Harry just shrugged his shoulders and said, “I don’t know...it just sounded right. Should I not?”



Lupin looked into the glass of wine he was holding as he slowly answered, “You should. It could bring some youth back into me.” There was a pause then a smile spread across Lupin’s face as he declared triumphantly, “Queen to C4, checkmate.”



~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~



A week and five days before Harry’s seventeenth birthday, he and Lupin sat in the kitchen at Number Twelve Grimmauld Place. It was four o’clock in the morning and both men were fully awake, dressed, and ready for the day’s events. The Ministry car they had rented for the occasion had been packed up with plenty of food, butterbeer, and a couple changes of clothing. Harry had the directions and Lupin had the keys. Before they left the kitchen they had left Tonks and Hermione a note, telling them when to expect them home.



As they sat in the car, Harry felt a sudden surge of adrenalin. The excitement about where they were going, what they were doing, and what they were going to find once they got there was overcoming him with suspense. Lupin’s feelings were almost mutual except for the fact that he was nervous about seeing his best friends’ house after nearly seventeen years.



Unknown to him, Harry had lived at Potter Manor for half a year before moving to Godric’s Hollow. Lupin wondered to himself if Harry would remember any of it. He could remember it so distinctly that he was sure some of it must have stuck with Harry. Lupin could almost smell the salt water bay just thinking about it. He could see the crisp white paint and the pale blue shutters on the house. The pillars that stood guarding the yew double doors with ivy engravings, and real ivy climbing up them. The flowerbeds outside the windows and the veranda that wrapped around the second floor. The quidditch pitch-sized backyard with its flower garden that led right up to the beach of Balnakeil Bay. A sight that he couldn’t and would never erase from his mind.



“Moony? Are you going to start the car?” Harry asked from beside him. Lupin shook himself out of his trance. He had forgotten what he was doing for a moment. “You alright?”



Lupin smiled to Harry and said, “Of course I am. I’m just thinking.”



Harry made an over dramatic moan. “Again, with the thinking?” he asked with a sarcastic smile. “What about?”



“Just about where we’re going.”



“Well, if you start the car and get going then you won’t have to recall the past, you can just look for yourself.” Lupin didn’t put another thought to it and turned on the ignition.



They had been driving for an hour before the sun showed it’s rays over the hills. Another hour and the sky was a clear blue; Summer reflecting in its cloudlessness. They drove through the day without a stop, thanks to the magical gas tank that never emptied.



By the time they arrived in Durness, both men were worn from the car ride. After driving through the city, they drove further north to the road around the bay. Eventually, the route changed from pavement to gravel and dirt. After being on this dirt road for forty minutes, and passing nearly as many signs that said various things along the lines of “Danger” and “Dead End” or “Private Property,” they drove up to a large iron wrought gate. As they neared the gate the doors swung open instantly and they drove up the roundabout driveway.



As he put the car in park, Lupin felt a sudden jolt of euphoria, and remembrance. The last time he had driven up this road, had been the week after Harry was born. There had been a big celebration, and it was one of the happiest moments of his life. Seeing his friends’ such great spirits made the whole war go away for that one day. The amazing memory passed through him as he looked to Harry who seemed to be mesmerized with the front door of the manor.



“Harry?” Lupin asked quietly. Harry tore his gaze from his window to look at Lupin. “Are you ready?”



“I suppose I have to be now that we’re here,” Harry answered with an uncertain smile.



“Any idea what we’re supposed to be looking for?”



Harry shook his head, and shrugged his shoulders. “It.”






After driving on the gravely road for forty minutes, and passing nearly as many signs that said various things along the lines of “Danger” and “Dead End” or “Private Property,” they drove up to a large iron wrought gate. The doors swung open as if they knew who was in the car. Although I wouldn’t put it past them to know, Harry thought to himself. Lupin pulled the car up to the front door and Harry couldn’t help but gaze at his parents’ former home.



He hadn’t even noticed that Lupin had parked the car. Harry looked from the third floor windows and turrets, to the second storey veranda, finally landing on the double doors that led to the manor, and the intricately carved, iron house-number; 4739.



“Harry?” Lupin asked quietly. “Are you ready?”



Harry knew he wasn’t, but there was nothing left to do, and nothing holding him back. “I suppose I have to be now that we’re here.”



“Any idea what we are supposed to be looking for?”



Harry could only dignify that question with the answer of a shaking head, shrugged shoulders and the spoken word, “It.”



Lupin made a small, and slightly uncomfortable laugh at Harry’s expense. Harry returned the favor as he unbuckled the safety belt and stepped out of the car. He opened the door of the back seat to grab his bag, and started to head towards the door.



When he turned the door handle, it opened surprisingly easily, seeing as it hadn’t been used in almost seventeen years. The entrance hall was nearly the size of the one at Hogwarts. As Harry set down his overnight bag, he began to wonder about the enormity of the manor. Seeing as it would be his in just over a week, Harry figured that he should get to know everything in the house, top to bottom.



Looking around, Harry saw a family portrait on the wall to the left of the doors. His mother was sitting in a chair, holding a small bundle of messy black hair. Behind her stood Harry’s father, one hand on his mother’s shoulder, the other loosely at his side, holding his wand.



Suddenly, Harry had an idea of what they were looking for. He felt Lupin’s presence behind him, and he began asking, “What happened to my parents wan-?”



He was interrupted by two loud snapping sounds and a small but crisp voice exclaiming, “Master James returned to us he has! And brought Master Remus he has too! Did I not tell you they would return, Toby?”



“It is Master Remus, but it is not Master James, Sophie. Master James had no green eyes.”



Harry had turned around in a flash to discover two house elves wearing, what looked like, silken window hangings, wrapped like togas; one red and one blue. “If it is not Master James,” said the elf, whom Harry presumed to be Sophie, “Then who is he?”



“I’m Harry. James and Lily are my parents,” Harry said, politely disrupting their conversation.



“You can’t be Little Master Harry! Just a baby he was and a full grown man you are,” Toby said, lacking confidence.



Sophie looked into Harry’s face, which Harry thought an odd thing for a house elf to do, and smiled with glee. “Look at the eyes of him, Toby. They look like Mistress Lily’s. It is Little Master Harry! Only not so little anymore he is.”



“You is right Sophie! Come, I will show you to the guest livingroom.” Toby led them to a spacious den, just to the left of the entrance hall. “Tea? Please let me get you some.” He and Sophie then disappeared with a snap.



“House elves?” Harry winced at the thought of Hermione finding out that he would soon come into the inheritance of two of them.



“Yes, I’m afraid so. There used to be more, but I will assume that these two are the only ones who stuck around this long. Even house elves give up on the families they serve if they are away too long.” Lupin shook his head and looked out the door to the entry way. “You were asking me a question before they popped in. What was it?”



Harry, who had completely forgotten his half finished question asked, “What happened to my parents wands?”



Lupin had just opened his mouth to answer when the two elves reentered the room with a snap, tea and biscuit tray in hand.



“We brought the baggage to the bedchambers. Will the Masters be needing anything else now?”



“No, thank you,” Lupin replied shaking his head. Once they had disappeared again, Lupin turned his attention back to Harry to answer his question. “They are here in the house somewhere...why?”



~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~



On one side of the mantle, a silver box engraved with a single lily; on the other, a stag carved into a gold box. Both were long and narrow, and inlaid with scarlet silk. While the contents of the boxes were the same in one way, their differences outnumbered the similarities. In the silver box, a ten and a quarter inch twig of willow wood. A hippogriff talon hidden in its core. Harry was once told that it was swishy and very good for charms.



The golden box contained a slightly longer stick of mahogany. At eleven inches, it encased ashwinder ashes inside its core, and Harry could tell by looking at it, just how pliable it was.



Not quite knowing what to do next, Harry lifted his mother’s wand out of the silver box, then his father’s out of the gold. His hands began to move closer to each other as if they were made of magnets. Harry did not try to stop it, simply because he couldn’t. The magic that was being created between the two wands was a power so strong, Harry knew he would never be able to bring an end to it willingly.



When the wands were only a few centimeters apart, they stopped pulling closer and began to grow hot. Instinctively, Harry let go of them, but instead of falling, the two wands hung in midair. As if they suddenly turned into rubber, the wands twisted about each other like two children playing a game of tag; then ever so slowly, they tightened around each other creating a spiral of red and white wood. Now as one wand, it floated its way into Harry’s wand hand. It held so much power, it tingled his fingers down to the bone. To most wizards, a new wand would seem strange and unfamiliar, but holding that wand in his hand felt like the most natural thing Harry had ever done.



He then knew what this wand was for. It was the wand that would help him destroy Voldemort. Because of his brother wand, any spell Harry used against the Dark Lord wouldn’t work. To defeat him, Harry knew he needed a different wand, but it needed to be just as powerful as the one in his pants pocket. If the wand chooses the wizard, like Mr. Olivander said, then his wand should be the strongest source of power for him. Although, he thought. They don’t make wands with two different cores.



Harry wondered about the difference in the magic inside the wand in his hand and the wand that has been there for the last six years. He looked around for anything he could cast a spell on, settling on the wood in the fire place. Before the word incendio even left his lips, the thought was sent to his parents’ wand and the wood began burning bright with orange flames. With wordless magic, there was a lot he could do. Harry smiled at his new possession. This legacy would be secret to all but the few who knew where he was right now. This would become his weapon. A power that he could hold over Voldemort. He couldn’t have this dynasty. The only person in this battle that could, was Harry. It was the dynasty of a head boy and girl. It was a dynasty from two aurors. It was the dynasty of the people who had thrice defied Harry’s greatest enemy. It was the dynasty of a husband and wife. It was a dynasty from his parents. It was a dynasty of something they left behind.



It was the dynasty of the wand.















fin.




~A/N: So it’s over everyone. Did you enjoy it? I sure know I did. I’m really sad that it’s over but There is good closure to this story but also a few loose ends to tighten up in the sequel. Yes, I’m writing a sequel. No I do not have a title picked out for it yet. I’m not planning on working on it until this summer but I’ll be working on other side stories that have formed in my mind in the meantime. I’ve got a challenge for you. The house number, 4739, has a certain significance. The first three people who can figure it out will get a first look at chapter one of the sequel before I submit it to the public. Good luck with that! UPDATE! I have my three winners: abbs866, wonwon_hermy, and binteridhwan. I'll keep the three of you updated with my story progress. thanks to those of you who tried!



I want to first of all thank my sister, Natalie, for being editor and fellow plotter. We’ve had some great times going through some of these chapters. I also want to thank my readers and reviewers for keeping me in high spirits while writing. Without you I’d have no reason to write. I lastly want to thank Mugglenet Fanfiction for the use of their sight.



For those of you who are hoping to read other work by Lady Snuffles, be looking out for the next chapters of The Perfect Mistake and a one-shot entitled Ellie’s Special Day.
This story archived at http://www.mugglenetfanfiction.com/viewstory.php?sid=31519