Harry Potter: the Musical? by kaammini_the_kreacher
Summary: Pygmy puffs, both sides of Fred's buttocks and music. You would think that there were more important things in Harry's life.

Be amazed as Ron, Hermione and, of course, Harry attempt to write Harry's life story with a musical touch.

Warning: Involves out of tune Neville in later chapters. Disregards Deathly Hallows.

The next few chapters are now in the process of being written as I have a sudden breakthrough for a storyline. Thank you for your patience.


Categories: Humor Fics Characters: None
Warnings: Book 7 Disregarded
Challenges:
Series: None
Chapters: 4 Completed: No Word count: 4723 Read: 11441 Published: 03/05/06 Updated: 12/29/06

1. Music made them lose control by kaammini_the_kreacher

2. Double Act by kaammini_the_kreacher

3. Bittersweet by kaammini_the_kreacher

4. What the Black Beauty did... by kaammini_the_kreacher

Music made them lose control by kaammini_the_kreacher
Disclaimer: I wish I was JKR but unfortunately I am no where near as much of a genius as she is! JKR rocks!!!

“Harry, what is this?” Hermione grumbled from the couch, opposite a young, raven-haired boy with an obvious scar on his forehead. “It looks like… music…with my name on it! Please explain…”

Harry shrugged, not wanting to tell Hermione exactly what they had been doing in Ron’s room the endless times he had stayed at the Burrow. He gave Hermione a pleading look but she simply glared at him. Inevitably, he gave in almost immediately.

“Well, you know my life, right? Ron and I were discussing it one day and figured that someone would eventually want to write a book about it. We thought about this someone and figured that if they were anything like how we imagine, the book would involve random pygmy puffs called Arnold and Fred’s right buttocks.”

“Left, Harry, left,” Hermione interjected. Harry scarcely raised an eyebrow and continued.

“We just thought that writing it ourselves would make it more…well…accurate, I suppose. Not that we would want to include finer details like kisses or anything, it’s just that “ “

“Harry James Potter, how could you…not tell me?! I think that’s a brilliant idea, the whole story thing and a musical?! Such… such-”

“Rubbish! Harry, dear, it’s your turn to take out the rubbish,” Mrs Weasley called from the kitchen. Ron found it very amusing that Harry now had to do household chores because he was staying in the Burrow so often.

“I’m on it. I mean not literally or anything, I’m just working on it. I mean not like I’m writing with my quill on it or anything….well, you know what I mean.” Harry lethargically left his seat and went to Mrs Weasley. Harry was the only one, aside from Ginny, who was not of age and could not magically transport the rubbish to wherever it was meant to go. While he was gone, Ron marched to the living-room, where Hermione was sitting alone reading Gilderoy Lockhart’s autobiography ‘Magical Me’ for only the 486th time in her life.

“Hermione, you know Lockhart, he was the idiot who took my wand and tried to tamper with Harry and my memories. You can’t possibly want to read that-” Ron was interrupted by the explosion coming from Fred and George’s room, seemingly related to their successful joke shop. He sighed as Harry strode in to the room with a rather urgent look on his face.

“Fred and George gave me some U-No-Poo again! That’s the third time this week, I don’t think they seem to realise how much I am actually willing to hex them. That stuff’s deadly!” Harry’s eyes gazed from Ron to Hermione and then to the sheet of parchment on which the musical was written.

“Are you okay, Harry?” Ron questioned, because Harry suddenly wore a smirk uncannily like the one Draco Malfoy was often seen with.

“Yeah…fine. Just wondering, will you guys-” -Hermione added an Umbridge-like hem hem- “guy and girl help me finish my musical? It could be fun. We could write one scene for each year of me being in Hogwarts. We could call the first…Harry Potter and the Philosopher’s Stone…yes…and the second…Harry Potter and the Petrifying Basilisk. Any ideas?”

“In your third year, Harry, you met Sirius for the first time, so how about Harry Potter and the Prisoner of Azkaban? And the second should be called Harry Potter and Chamber of Secrets, you know, just a thought,” Hermione exclaimed over-excitedly. Ron suppressed a cough that sounded uncannily like ‘control-freak’.

“I suppose. What about fourth year? That was the year with the Triwizard Tournament,” Harry proposed.

“Harry Potter and the Triwizard Tournament?” Hermione suggested.

“Nah, that’s too obvious! It should be… Harry Potter and the Goblet of Fire, that way people won’t guess what’s going to happen,” Ron said, speaking up after a while. Hermione gave him a glare that could have been more powerful then Avada Kedavra.

“I like Ron’s idea,” Harry muttered ever-so-quietly. “And my fifth year should be about the Order…Harry Potter and the Order of the Phoenix, yeah, that’s good. And the sixth...” Harry trailed off.

“Harry Potter and the Half-Blood Prince or Harry Potter and the Seven Horcruxes?” Hermione recommended. Harry had an expression of disgust on his face.

“I’m not going to approve a book about me that has that traitor’s name plastered over the front cover!” Harry shouted, his anger getting the better of him. His friends exchanged a knowing glance and sighed.

“But it has this… suspense to it, mystery. People will want to know who this Half-Blood Prince really is! I really think it should be that one, don’t you, Ronald?” Hermione shot Ron a harsh look saying that if he didn’t agree, she would hex him.

“Yeah, what Hermione said,” Ron whimpered.

“Fine, then. Considering I haven’t had my seventh year yet we won’t predict what will happen. That’s the titles sorted out. Wait, we can base each story on a muggle song. Something that will suit each storyline,” Harry became eager.

“And I can help find you songs. I can use the internet at home!” Hermione added.

“And I can write the story lines, I mean nobody knows me better than me!” Harry bounced up and down in his chair in excitement.

“And I can check it. I’m sure you’ll admit that you’re not the most avid of spellers.” Hermione said.

“And you can use the spell-checking quill that Fred and George gave me,” Ron offered, feeling slightly lost in this conversation that was seemingly about something educational. Hermione chose to ignore him while Harry mumbled Roonil Wazlib under his breath.

“We could do it this holiday. The three of us. Maybe Ginny if she wanted to.”

“I could make a timetable of what we can do each day.”

“I’ll start collecting information, you know, remembering my doings.”

“And I’ll make a daily routine for each of us. You be the writer, I’ll be the editor and Ron…you can do props.”

“And we could perform it at Bill and Fleur’s wedding!” Ron got a bit carried away. He promptly received two raised eyebrows and shrugged in his seat. “Just an idea,” he muttered, “just an idea.”

A/N: Hello! For this story I would like to thank my sister IcklePeevsie for reading it and not critising it too much. She also helped my add some funny flavouring so I hope you enjoyed it because I enjoyed writing it. Please review because I really want to read what all of you honestly think. Thank you ;)
Double Act by kaammini_the_kreacher
Author's Notes:
I hope you all like this new chapter and please tell me what you think of it (ie. review). There will be more to come very soon (I hope) and I am sorry for taking so long with this in the first place!
With their musical getting into full swing, the gang of three decided that they needed to prepare the cast. In the house itself they would have the option of Fred, George and Ginny “ Bill, Fleur and Charlie would be harder to persuade. Nevertheless they still had to get Fred and George to agree and that in itself was a problem.

“So you want us-”

“-To help you-”

“-Perform a musical-”

“-About Harry?” The twins looked at each other, then burst out laughing. As suddenly as they had started, they stopped.

“Bags I play Ron!” George was one step ahead of his twin and was quick to receive curious looks from all around. “What? He’s the second main character and we have the same colour hair. Although I must admit, Ron, my fans - with the exception of Hermione, of course - would be quite disappointed to find out I'm playing someone who's not even half as good-looking as me," he said, directing an obvious wink to Hermione, who, though blushing furiously, acted as though nothing had happened. Ron was not so good at hiding, and declared that he would hex George into oblivion later, when there wasn't any danger of Mrs. Weasley catching him.

“Harry, Hermione and I are all playing ourselves. You two will too if you say yes,” said Ron, before registering his tongue twister of a sentence and turning a colour verging on maroon.

“So do you agree then?” Harry asked, trying, though unsuccessful, to cover his friend's embarrassment.

“For you, Harry, anything! Singing is one of my hidden talents, as is-”

“Not in front of Harry, Fred. He’s underage,” George cut in with a sanctimonious nod. After the deal was done, the twins exited twittering on about their newest invention.

“Alright, mate, we have Fred, George, Ginny and ourselves. I reckon we could tempt Charlie to join in. Bill will definitely agree if Fleur does but that is going to be a toughie. That can be Fred and George’s first task. They always manage to blackmail Bill “ something to do with a fling with a Weird Sister…” Ron added. Harry could barely make out Ron’s mumblings, among the lines of ‘some guys get all the luck’.

As if of one mind, the cast found themselves hungry (not so much Harry and Hermione as Ron) so they made their way to the kitchen. There they found a very happy Tonks holding none other than Remus Lupin’s hand. Ever since Tonks had told Lupin to stop pitying himself and accept himself for who he was (and not to call her Nymphadora) they had been totally and completely in love. Remus and Tonks stopped mid-way through their conversation and turned to see the trio.

“Wotcher Harry, Ron, Hermione,” Tonks greeted.

The trio greeted Tonks and Lupin presently, then seated themselves next to them. Hermione and Tonks swiftly got into a girly conversation, talking about how Tonks’ newly styled purple hair looked like an overblown Pygmy Puff. The three ‘men’ discussed how England was doing in Quidditch when an idea struck Harry. Why hadn’t he thought of this before? He turned to Tonks; she was, after all, a Metamorphagus.

“Tonks, I’ve always thought you had a certain…je ne c’est pas… flair, to you. Something that I believe to have been hidden for most of your life. Not been able to express,” Harry said matter-of-factly, “How would you like to put it into good use and be in our musical?”

Harry looked at her pleadingly and she simply sighed, looked at Lupin and nodded, not knowing what she had just gotten herself into. A Cheshire-cat grin broke out on Harry’s face.

“So, a musical?” asked Tonks curiously, taking a sip of her coffee, “What about?” She was wearing a mischievous smirk across her face as the thought of Harry, Ron and (especially) Hermione singing crept into her mind.

“It’s about Harry. We’re all writing it though.” Hermione was the first to answer. She always is, Ron thought.

Tonks managed to hold down her giggles for no more than a minute and was able to shout out random words that when you put them together sounded like “Ridiculous… idea… Remus… pee… chocolate… now!”

All of a sudden a very loud scream could be heard from a certain female redhead. Presumably, Fred and George were involved. This gave Tonks just enough time to gain her composure.

Another scream could be heard from the only other female in the family, this time reprimanding the twins. Everyone in the kitchen chose to ignore the issue and went back to chatting about the musical, except for Hermione, who hadn’t really stopped.

“And we are going to need costumes “ write this down, will you Ron?” Hermione demanded.

“But I’m eating! Do it yourself!” Ron replied with a full mouth. Harry’s face was reminiscent of what was previously in Ron’s mouth.

“Well fine, I will! So put that into your pipe and smoke it!” shouted Hermione. Will they ever learn that they’re perfect for each other? thought the rest.

“Fine, I will!” spat Ron, not knowing what he was saying and with that, he apparated.




As night swept across the Burrow, Fred and George thought that they would get some preparation for the musical. Their new product was a custom made voice box, designed to sing in tune and talk back. Unfortunately for them, Mrs Weasley got hold of a couple that told her she looked like a Gringott’s goblin. Naturally, Mrs Weasley took it personally and sent Fred and George to their rooms. Now for any normal children this would have been quite an appropriate punishment but since when have Fred and George Weasley been normal? In their rooms were a stash of their old inventions as well as a whole load of materials for new ones. The Weasley household did not know what was coming their way.

Or did they?
Bittersweet by kaammini_the_kreacher
Author's Notes:
I'm so sorry I took so long on this chapter. I will do better next time. Thanks so much to my Beta, JaneA, and my sister for helping me out. Also, thanks so much to all of you reviewers, they are all very appreciated. Of course, I hope you enjoy it and please review...feel free to give your ideas or constructive critism. Thanks for reading :)


Disclaimer: All you recognise probably belongs to JK Rowling....what an author!



It was dark. Pitch black, in fact. Moments of silence passed, and then a light came on. Visible was a young lady with bushy brown hair along with two friends - a teenage boy with black unkempt hair and a young man with cheeks as red as beetroot.



“Oh, Harry! Be careful, would you? It’s so dangerous down there!” The concerned voice of Hermione Granger said with tears streaming down her face. She looked pale and worried.



“Uh, yeah Harry. Don’t die, okay?” said Ron, completely distracted by Fleur in the garden.



“CUT! Ron, that’s not your line. You’re supposed to say ‘We’ll come with you, Harry,’ not something that seems like we really couldn’t give a Hippogriff’s uncle.” Hermione seemed fed-up and this was not the first time that day that she had lost her temper.



Ever since their feud from the previous night, Ron and Hermione had been at each other like a cat and dog. At any given moment, a fighting match would suddenly break out between the two and Harry would end up being the one to get hurt.



“Look, let’s just take a break, okay?” Harry declared. “There’s no point in us practicing for this anyways considering our other cast members are either locked up in their room, sleeping or snogging Professor Lupin.” Harry shuddered at his last statement.



“Ginny’s doing what?!” Ron spat out, in complete shock at the thought of his sister and ex-Professor. While in the process he accidentally whacked Harry’s glasses off his head, causing Harry to fall over on to the sofa, where, unfortunately, Crookshanks was taking a nap. Crookshanks jumped onto Harry and they got into a “cat fight” with neither Ron nor Hermione realizing.



“No, you idiot. He’s kissing Tonks,” Hermione replied as Ron let out a huge sigh of relief. “Ginny’s sleeping. Reparo!” Harry’s glasses were instantly fixed.



The group decided to take yet another break and made their way to the garden. Fleur walked past them on their way and Hermione looked peeved for a moment when both Ron and Harry stared.



Before arriving at the garden Ron stopped off at the kitchen and picked up a few sweets for them. He was very hungry….come to think of it, he was always very hungry. Handing Harry a green one, Hermione a pink one and keeping the blue one for himself, they continued their walk.



Compared to the living-room which had all the curtains shut and lights off, the garden was a nice change. The usual wet summers in England had been taken over by sunny spells. Perfect for Bill and Fleur’s wedding, Mrs. Weasley had said. Harry, Ron and Hermione were all silent until, oddly enough, Ron began to hum.



“Um, Ron?” questioned Hermione with concern. This was very out of character.



“Hmm?” Ron turned towards her, still humming. It seemed apparent that he was unable to stop. The melody was unrecognizable but extremely catchy. All of a sudden, Hermione began to whistle the same tune. Something was surely not right.



Harry, the boy who lived the killing curse, had a lightening bolt scar on his head and was known to everyone in the Wizarding world, for once seemed like the normal one in the situation. He looked perplexed and could not quite place what was going on. In the background though, he could now make out the voices of Fred and George approaching. He turned back and found them each with a satisfied grin on their faces, watching Ron and Hermione making fools of themselves.



“You must be wondering, Harry, why you aren’t sharing some sort of musical gift with us,” Fred said eying Harry’s mouth very closely. Harry gave him a suspicious glare but chose not to mention it.



“Actually, I was wondering why Ron and Hermione were doing… that,” Harry proclaimed as he pointed towards them. At this point Hermione was whistling so hard that she had turned bright red. Ron, on the other hand, was getting really into the humming and seemed to be dancing.



“Well, I wouldn’t worry too much Harry. Your moment shall come along very soon-” George was cut midway from his sentence because, sure enough, Harry began to sing... opera-style.



“And I thought the Weird Sister’s were weird!” Fred exclaimed while George rolled about on the floor with laughter.



“Wotcher Fred, George, Har-” Tonks, today with Forest Green hair, looked at everyone in utter awe. She stared from the gang to Fred and George and was at a complete loss for words. Fred and George continued to cackle.



“I do believe that our sweets were a success,” George announced proudly. Tonks suddenly turned bright red and made a very guilty face.



“Did you say those sweets? As in the ones left in the kitchen?” asked Tonks with a very shaky voice.



“Yeah, good idea weren’t they? We have seven of ‘em, all doing different yet spectacular things. Those three had one each. I assume Harry had the green one, he’s not bad at this Opera business is he? And our future sister-in-law, Hermione, had the pink. Not forgetting our dear little Ronniekins of course - he had the blue.” Fred took a second to listen to the tuneless sound around them which could only really be classified as noise.



“There are three left. This purple one over here makes you whine like a violin. The orange one makes you do a bit of jazz with Celestina Warbeck’s ‘A Cauldron Full of Hot, Strong Love’. Mmm, tangy. The chocolate looking one makes you sing the Hogwarts School Song.” At this point George began to sing lines like Hoggy Warty Hogwarts.



“And my personal favourite, this bitter black one right….IT’S GONE! George it’s gone. Where is it George?” Fred was practically hyperventilating while he and George were searching frantically for this sweet.



“Um, I think I might know where it is,” Tonks confessed. Fred and George looked at her incredulously.



“You…you might know. Oh, all is not lost. George, she knows. Where is it, Tonks? Where is my baby?” questioned Fred melodramatically. George raised an eye brow and shot Tonks a pleading look.



Tonks sighed, “Remus! I think you’d better come here…”





What the Black Beauty did... by kaammini_the_kreacher
Author's Notes:
I am so sorry for being such a terribly slow author! I promise that I will be better and faster next time. Thanks so much to everyone who helped, especially Schmerg_the_Impaler who BETA-ed this for me! Enjoy! A note of caution: the story is in two parts - the first from the point of view of both Fred and George (one in normal writing, the other in italics) and the second in third person narrative.
Part One

“I like big butts and I cannot lie! These other brothers can’t deny!-”

Perfect! Just unbelievably perfect.

Okay, Fred, we get it. Just because this particular sweet was your idea, it does not necessarily mean that I didn’t help you. Look at it from my point of view-

I never said that, though.

Well, you were thinking it.

Thanks. Well, anyways, just in case you hadn’t got the idea, we, as in George and I, decided that since we were in trouble, stuck in our room and had nothing better to do, we would invent something. Oh, but not just anything.

No, certainly not just anything. Considering Ron, Harry and Hermione’s ridiculous idea of a musical, we thought that we would make this invention…fitting to the theme.

Yes, indeed brother. So we made seven sweets. But with a twist. You would have already heard about six of them, three of which Ron, Harry and Hermione already exhibited. The last, my black beauty, was something rather special, however. Lupin had it, basically. George, you write the rest, my hand hurts with all this scheming.

Right, so now Lupin’s...rapping. Oh, not the bum-shake, Professor. This should really be rated PG. Alright, I know what you’re thinking. How did we come up with such a brilliant plan? Well, it would have been brilliant if there wasn’t this small, little, tiny, wee detail. We sort of don’t know how to make them stop. That bit’s Fred’s fault.

So? That didn’t need to be mentioned. Anyways, we wanted to ask you all, as Muggle-borns, if you know how to stop Lupin. Rapping, I mean. You see, we would have written to the Ministry of Magic but that new bloke, Rufus Scrimgeour person, wouldn’t quite take this as a joke and we might get into a lot of trouble.

So, you see, we thought that you Muggle-borns attending Hogwarts, would tell us how to stop this. If there is a way, that is. We’re kind of worried. Harry’s really getting into the opera.

And the whole big butts thing, Lupin should never dance like that.

Ever.

We would usually ask Hermione but she’s too busy whistling. I know this sounds complicated, but we have our reasons for not mentioning it to pure bloods, as it were.

In fact, Fred, I’m slightly confused myself. Oh well, just please help us.

We considered the following methods but we weren’t too certain about them…you’ll see why:


1. An anti-reversal formula. Contains six unicorn hairs, some secret stuff and a toe from each of the victims.
2. Voice box removers.
3. Telling the Ministry and getting into trouble (this was Tonks’ idea. Barmy that woman is).
4. Leaving them the way they are (Tonks objected to this. Always spoils the fun, she does).


And that’s pretty much all we’ve got. Merlin, that’s the door. George’s just gone to go get it. While he’s gone, I should warn you about something. He’s sort of moody. I’m not sure why, though. Maybe he’s jealous. Of the black sweet, I mean. Oh, here he comes. Wait hang on a second, that’s-

“Hi Fred,” says Neville Longbottom. What on earth is he doing here? We’re sort of in a slight “ okay, not so slight “ crisis. Oh Merlin, there goes Harry’s singing again. Hang on, George just winked at me. This can only mean one thing.

“So, how do you like our homemade chocolates, Neville?”





Part Two

As she paced up and down the Weasley kitchen, Tonks could still think of no way to reverse these strange happenings. Her husband-to-be, Remus Lupin, could do nothing as much as rap at this moment and it was completely stressing her out. She could take him to St Mungo’s but she was silly enough to promise the twins that she wouldn’t. This reminded her of being at school…

Hoggy Warty Hogwarts.

Everyone singing a different tune of the school song…

Whether we be old and bald.

Just like how Lupin, Harry, Hermione and Ron were now…

Our heads could do with filling.

Five voices: one rapping, another opera-singing, the next whistling, then one humming and the last just very out of tune. Wait, there are only four of them. A sudden realisation hit Tonks like one of Harry’s top notes. That sounded a lot like, but it couldn’t be, he called today and said…he was coming over.

“Neville?” Tonks questioned with paranoia, “Fred, George, where are you? You boys better not have done what I think you have!” It was too late, however. Neville had eaten the chocolate and now the Weasley household was stuck with it. Tonks was the only sane person left in the house and she had no idea what to do.

Fred and George were too busy singing along to take any notice of her walking towards Ron and grabbing hold of his hand. Ron was the first victim of any of the sweets and he would be the closest person to wearing it off…hopefully. She dragged him into one of the Weasley bedrooms and, to her own horror, began to sing to him.

Ridiculous as it may have sounded, both the singing and the idea, she was singing at the top of her voice to try and get his attention. Suddenly, something inside Ron woke. A musical message of some sort must have reached his brain and confused the magic used to set his humming off in the first place. He was glowing bright red and couldn’t, for one reason or another, look Tonks in the eye.

“Um, thanks Tonks,” Ron managed, still not catching her eye. Suddenly a load roar came from the living-room which they could only assume was Harry. At once, leaving Ron in the bedroom, Tonks rushed into the living-room and grabbed Hermione. She brought her to the bedroom where Ron was and he continued to blush, possibly harder this time. Repeating what she had done with Ron, Hermione began to awake from her whistling.

Hermione was now in full recovery. She looked around the room to Tonks then to Ron, turned a beetroot colour and then fell into a deep sleep. It was probably all the hardcore whistling, they imagined.

Next it was Harry’s turn. This was not going to be quite as easy, however, because despite the fact that Fred and George were too engrossed in Neville and Lupin to realise, Harry was very…bouncy with his opera.

Tonks made her way towards the living-room with quiet footsteps. She had to be discreet and subtle. Harry was in her grasp now and all she had to do was reach out and grab him-

“Fred, George! We’re home!” Mrs Weasley’s unmistakeable voice was echoing throughout the Weasley house. “I see you’ve been practising your musical then. Well, I shall not disturb in that case. Come, Arthur. Let’s leave them to their game.

That was too close for comfort, Tonks thought to herself. She now had Harry in the bedroom with the other two and, doing what she did to them, she began to sing to them.

Like she had hoped, Harry was out of the musical trance. Three down, two to go.

“Tonks, what on Merlin’s beard is going on?” Harry asked in pure confusion. Tonks, desperate as she was, ignored him. She ran outside, took both Lupin and Neville by the collars, and brought them back into the bedroom. She took one last mental picture of Lupin rapping and then started to sing again. Both of them awoke from their daze.

“Well, I’m not even going to bother to ask what’s going on.” Lupin straightened his robes, “I won’t be seeing any of you for another week or so at least, I should imagine.” With that, Lupin left not even bothering to acknowledge Tonks or anyone else.

“Ron, your parents are upstairs. I suggest you leave Hermione here for a while. You guys can take advantage of this alone time.” Tonks winked at the boys and followed Lupin outside with a self-congratulating grin on her face. This was something she would never forget.

“Well, Harry, you want to go and kill my brothers?” Ron questioned.

“You bet I do,” Harry replied. With that, he, Ron and Neville went outside concocting an evil plan to get back at the twins. They also planned on using this time to practise the musical without Hermione’s once-every-minute input.

“Tonks didn’t have a bad voice come to think of it, Ron. Maybe we should give her the part of Hermione,” Harry joked as they shut the door of the bedroom behind them.



This story archived at http://www.mugglenetfanfiction.com/viewstory.php?sid=46036