Those Deep Blue Need You Eyes by Weasleyboyfreak
Summary: This story starts out right were HBP left off. Ron and Hermione obviously have feelings for each other. All they need is a little help, confidence, and a push in the right direction. Will Harry and Ginny get back together in their quest to push together their best friends? Will Harry and his friends be able to destroy Voldemort? It will take love, friendship, strength, and trust to be able to free the wizarding world from the clutches of the Dark Lord.
Categories: Ron/Hermione AND Harry/Ginny Characters: None
Warnings: Book 7 Disregarded
Challenges:
Series: None
Chapters: 5 Completed: Yes Word count: 11226 Read: 23311 Published: 06/30/06 Updated: 05/01/07
Story Notes:
I wrote this story 3 years ago and it needs some editing! Bear with me until I get around to it! Thank you!

1. Ch 1: Untold Secrets by Weasleyboyfreak

2. Ch 2: Unexpected Arrival and Tears by Weasleyboyfreak

3. Ch 3: Old Friends and Rivalries by Weasleyboyfreak

4. Ch 4: Bad Dreams and A little Comfort by Weasleyboyfreak

5. Ch 5: Big Suprises by Weasleyboyfreak

Ch 1: Untold Secrets by Weasleyboyfreak
Chapter 1 Untold Secrets

It was a cold rainy summer night and only two week ago the wizarding world had laid to rest on of its greatest heroes. Dumbledore’s death had harmed the Order and most of the wizarding world. Over the past week the Death Eaters had succeeded in a number of raids, making Lord Voldemort stronger. The fear in the wizarding society grew everyday but life had to go on. Through the hard rain, a light could be seen in the kitchen window of the Burrow. In this kitchen sat a 17 year old boy with flaming red hair and in his hand he held a tear stained letter.

The gangly looking red head sat thinking about his future. He had no idea what was in store for himself and his two best friends. He knew that they must defeat the Dark Lord; no matter what the cost. This thought scared him. He feared loosing everything that he loved. His thoughts also lingered on the day of Dumbledore’s funeral, when he held the girl of his dreams in his arms. He often thought of that day when he had broken down and let her see his emotions. It was also the day that he had promised his and Hermione’s lives to help Harry defeat Voldemort. How he wished he could protect and care for that girl that he held in his arms on that day.

Ron now remembered the tear stained letter that he held in his had. In this letter Hermione had told him all of her fears. Her words kept running through his head. ‘We might not all come out of this, or maybe none of us will. I’m terrified of what is to become of us. What if one of us dies? I don’t want to lose either of you. I hope that we all….’ Ron’s thought were suddenly interrupted by the appearance of his little sister.

“Ron?” Ginny said in a tired voice as she took a seat across from her older brother.

“Why are you up so late?”

“Err…just thinking,” said Ron realizing that he still had Hermione’s tear stained letter on the table. He quickly folded it back up and placed it in his pocket. Ginny looked at Ron with a raised brow.

“What’s that?” asked Ginny with a slight smirk. “Is that why you’re up so late? Let me guess it’s from Hermione?”

“Yeah, it’s from Hermione.” Ron said while the tips of his ears turned pink. Ginny’s smirk widened.

“I knew it,” said Ginny as she leaned back in her chair.

“Knew what?” asked Ron as he looked into his sisters knowing eyes.

“That you have feelings for her.”

“Of course I do, she’s my best friend.” Ron’s ears turned a dark red that matched his hair.

“You know that’s not what I mean and since you two are in such good contacts these days. I bet you know that she will be here first thing in the morning, ‘night.” She said sarcastically, and with that Ginny left Ron sitting at the kitchen table in awe of her very correct assumptions.




A very pretty girl with long curly brown hair arrived at the Burrow just as the sun began to rise. She looked up at the very tall house and it gave her some comfort to know that she would be safe for a couple of weeks. She couldn’t wait to see Ginny, the Twins, Mr. and Mrs. Weasley, Bill, Charlie, and last but not least Ron. Just thinking about the tall boy with flaming red hair made her stomach do flips. She had started liking him in the fourth year after the Yule Ball. She would never forget how jealous he was of Victor Krum that night. It hurt her to think that she could lose all that in the quest for the Horcruxes. Hermione tried to put that to the back of her mind as she knocked on the Weasley’s back door.

“Who is it?” called Mrs. Weasley as she peaked out the back door.

“Hermione, Mrs. Weasley,” She responded remembering the tight security on the Burrow.

“What is the name of my eldest son and his wife to be?”

“Bill Weasley and Fleur Delacour”

As soon as these words left Hermione’s mouth the door flew open and she was taken in by Mrs. Weasley’s rib cracking hug.

“It’s so good to see you again dear,” said Mrs. Weasley as she shut the back door. “We were so worried because of all the attacks in muggle London.”

She was absolutely right; the Death Eaters had raided most of muggle London. The attacks were becoming dangerously close to the Granger’s home and if they had not occurred Hermione would not be standing in the Weasley’s home at that moment. Hermione’s parents were unwilling to let their only daughter go out and help defeat the most evil wizard of all time. Her parents soon changed their minds when there was an attack only a block away from their home. Hermione also had to do some convincing that it was safer at a hidden wizard home. Before Hermione had left her fearful parents, she had convinced them to rent out a flat until the raids ended.

Hermione gave Mrs. Weasley a warm smile. “I’m glad to be here Mrs. Weasley.”

“Hermione!” shrieked a voice as she was tackled by a mob of red hair. “I’ve missed you so much!” said Ginny as she hugged Hermione. “I’ve got loads to tell you. C’mon!” and with that Ginny took Hermione by the arm and started to lead her towards the stairs.

“Ginny dear, Fred and George are due for breakfast any….,” Mrs. Weasley was interrupted by the appearance of none other than the infamous Weasley Twins.

“Morning Mum,” they said in unison as they noticed Hermione sitting at the kitchen table.

“Ms. Granger, back so soon?” asked Fred with a smirk.

“We knew you couldn’t resist our charm.” George said, taking a seat across from Hermione as she rolled her eyes. Fred walked around the table and kneeled at Hermione’s side.

“Dearest Hermione,” he asked looking up into her deep brown eyes and taking her hand. “May I ask for the seat next to you?”

“Of course,” sighed Hermione as Ginny and George laughed. Hermione took this time to look around the table and shortly she discovered the absence of the gangly looking 17 year old with deep blue eyes.

“Ronald?” Mrs. Weasley said as if she were reading Hermione’s mind. “Where is that boy?”

“Mommy’s Ikle Ronniekins is still in bed with his teddy.” Fred said making everyone smile. Hermione’s heart began to race as she thought of the handsome boy asleep in his bed with out a shirt on.

“RONALD BILLUS WEASLEY! GET OUT OF THAT BED!” called Mrs. Weasley up the stairs.

“OI MUM, I’LL BE DOWN IN A MINUTE!” responded a very tired sounding Ron from the second landing. Just the sound of his voice made Hermione’s heart flutter.

“That boys going to give me a heart attack one of these days,” muttered Mrs. Weasley as she placed her famous pancakes on the table. “George, don’t you dare touch that pancake! You will wait for your brother.”

“OI COME ON RON,” called George “I’M STARVING!”

Just at that moment there was a loud POP. Hermione felt something land on top of her and then and even louder CRACK occurred. The next thing Hermione knew, she was on the floor in a broken chair with Ronald Weasley on top of her only inches from her face.

“Err…Morning ‘Mione,” said Ron with flaming red ears and face; the signature Weasley trademark. Hermione looked up into his handsome face. She had forgotten how the sight of those deep blue eyes took her breath away. She wished that she could just kiss him right now.

When Ron had gone to Apparate and he ended up over shooting his destination by three chairs. Being overly embarrassed, he looked down to see himself only inches from his crush’s face. He stared down into her beautiful brown eyes. He had missed her so much. ‘I wish I could just tell her how I feel’ He thought. How he longed to kiss those lips that were only inches away from his own.

“Okay, you can get off her now,” giggled Ginny breaking both of their thoughts. Their faces were deep red as they got up off the floor. Fred and George were still howling with laughter as Ron went into his apology.

“I am so sorry ‘Mione,” he said pulling a splinter out of her long brown locks. “I over shot my target.” Ron looked devastated and highly embarrassed.

“It’s all right Ron,” said Hermione thinking that this would be yet another day that everything would be awkward between herself and Ron.
Ch 2: Unexpected Arrival and Tears by Weasleyboyfreak
Author's Notes:
Sorry it has taken me so long to update but I have had a lot of school work and my computer is not working properly. I hope you all enjoy Ch 2.
Ch. 2 Unexpected Arrival and Tears

Hermione enjoyed a rather comical breakfast which included the Weasley Twins flinging pancakes at Ron. This resulted in a very sticky and angry Ron stomping off to the shower muttering vulgar words under his breath. This gave Hermione and Ginny the chat time that they had been waiting for.

As Hermione entered Ginny’s room, she noticed that it had not changed much since her first visit to the Burrow. The only thing that she noticed that was different about her friend’s room was that Ginny had added numerous wizarding rock band posters, a stash of makeup, and a few more pictures. Hermione’s eyes landed on one picture in particular, the one that rested on Ginny’s bedside table. This picture was of Ginny and Harry a few weeks before Dumbledore’s death; when everyone was happy. Hermione watched as picture Harry leaned over and gave Ginny a kiss. When Ginny noticed Hermione looking at the picture, she frowned and placed the picture face down on the desk.

“Did you know he hasn’t written me once?” asked Ginny as she took a seat on her bed with tears forming in her eyes.

“You know, this break up is killing him to Gin,” Said Hermione placing a comforting arm on Ginny’s shoulder as she recalled Harry’s letters. “He feels terrible!”

“Then why did he do it?” Ginny cried “Why does he have to be the damn hero?” Hermione pulled Ginny into a hug and allowed her to cry on her shoulder. “Do you know that I love him?” she sobbed. Ginny had been storing all these emotions up for the past two weeks and finally she just burst.

“Oh Gin, im so sorry,” said Hermione trying to comfort her. “But you know he is only trying to protect you from Voldemort”

“V-Voldemort!” cried Ginny, “No ones safe from the evil man!” Hermione waited for Ginny’s sobs to slow before she spoke again.

“You know, you should feel lucky that he cares that much for you” Hermione sighed. “I wish someone cared as much for me as Harry does for you!”
Her thoughts wandered to Ron as she said this. Sure Ron was rude, insensitive, and even stubborn but on the other hand he was loyal, brave, and kind hearted.

Ginny sighed and wiped the tears from her eyes. “You really have no idea, do you?” she smirked “and I thought you were clever!”

“What are you talking about?” Gapped Hermione, inwardly knowing exactly what Ginny was on about.

“That my brother obviously likes you! Did you know that I’ve caught him looking at himself in the mirror, at least three times a day and that he smiles and turns red whenever you are mentioned?” Smirked Ginny and she got up and paced in front of Hermione. “Do I have to spell it out for you? And being me, I’m absolutely positive that you’ve got a big thing for him too.”

“He’s only….there’s nothing….oh fine, I love your brother! Happy?” Hermione blushed as she spoke these words because she knew that there was no sense in trying to hide her feelings for Ron.

“Now the only thing left to do is to get you two lovebirds hooked up”, said Ginny with a smile.

Andif im not mistaken, get you and Harry back together,” said Hermione returning Ginny’s smile.

“Easier said than done Hermione, you and Ron will probably be snogging long before Harry and I get back together!”

“Yeah right Gin, your brother has a thick head!”

“I bet that you two will be together before Bill’s wedding is over!”

“Deal and I promise to talk to Harry about you as soon as he arrives,” said Hermione.

“And I will talk to Ron or have Harry talk to Ron, Oh you’re the best Hermione! I see why Ron likes you so much!” Said Ginny and pulled her friend into another hug.

“GINNY!” called Mrs. Weasley from the kitchen.

“Oi, the work never ends!” said Ginny throwing her hands up in the air as she left the room.

Hermione sighed as she took off her sweater, revealing a sparkly brown halter top that showed off her eyes and her slender figure.

“HERMIONE C’MON!” called Ginny from the bottom of the stairs. Hermione quickly ran out of Ginny’s room and crashed right into someone. It was none other than Ronald Weasley, who had just come out of the shower wearing nothing but a towel. Hermione tumbled backwards and landed on her butt, after coming into contact with Ron. She gazed up at Ron’s very muscular physique in awe. Obviously all those summers of playing quidditch were paying off. Ron in return stared down at Hermione; he noticed that over the past few years she had changed a lot. He looked down into her beautiful eyes that had helped him numerous times over the years. There was a moment of awkward silence as the two stared at each other.

“W-When did you get so tall?” Hermione asked as she looked up at him from the floor with a red face. Her comment made them both smile.

“Sorry Hermione,” said Ron taking Hermione’s hands and pulling her to her feet. Ron’s ears turned a deep shade of red as he noticed that Hermione was once again only inches away from his face. They started to move closer as they stared into each others eyes.

“HERMIONE, CAN YOU COME HELP ME WITH THIS SPELL?” Mrs. Weasley called from the kitchen.

“Bloody brilliant timing mum,” muttered Ron angrily under his breath. Hermione stepped back away from him while biting her lip. She had really regretted Mrs. Weasley calling her at that moment. ‘Why does this always happen to me? Couldn’t she have waited two more minutes to call me?’ Hermione thought.

“Well…I...err...better…um go,” said Hermione with an apologetic look on her face as she turned to head downstairs.

Ron’s mind was racing with thoughts. ‘Tell her now you stupid git!’ His mind told him. “Hermione wait!”

“Yes Ron?” Hermione said as she turned back around to face Ron with a smile on her face.

“I…err...I mean,” he stammered, his face and ears turning the same color as his hair.

“Yes?” She said while walking back towards him. “You know you can tell me anything Ron”. She took a few more steps towards him.

“I...um…I mean…You look nice,” said Ron. He was disappointed in himself for not telling her how he felt.

“Thanks Ron,” said a blushing Hermione while looking down at her feet. “Well I’ll see you later.” And with that, Hermione stood up on her tiptoes and gave Ron a kiss on the cheek. After kissing him, she quickly turned and raced downstairs to tell Ginny what had just happened.

Just after Hermione had kissed his face, Ron felt shocks run down his spin. He watched her run down the stairs as he touched the spot on his face were her lips had touched him. ‘Now if it were only down a little and to the right’ he thought as he made his way back to his room. Ron stopped in front of his door after hearing a strange noise.

“Great, I’m half naked and my wand is in the room, wonderful!” he muttered to himself. “Well here goes nothing,” and with that he cautiously opened the door and grabbed his wand off the table. Just then a dark figure within the room screamed.

“Ahhhh!” yelled Ron in return. His heart was beating fast as he pointed his wand at the figure.

“Ron! It’s just me, Harry!” The figure said as he turned on the light to prove his point.

“Bloody hell Harry!” said Ron letting out a sigh of relief as he entered the room and quickly changed into an orange T-shirt and some blue jeans. “Why are you here so early, it’s not your birthday yet is it?” asked Ron a bit confused as he made is way to the back of the room.

“No, I…,” Harry was cut off by Hermione barging through the door with her wand pointed straight at Ron. He turned around to see Hermione’s wand pointed at his chest.

“Hermione it’s all right, it’s me Ron.” He said as she lowered her wand and pulled him into a hug.

“I was so worried, I heard a scream! Are you okay?” Hermione asked while looking him up and down like his mother.

“Yeah, I’m fine,” said Ron as the pair got lost in each others eyes. Smiling, Harry cleared his throat to let them know he was in the room. Hermione quickly turned around.

“HARRY!?!?!” She yelled and pulled him into a hug and leaving a disappointed looking Ron behind. “Is this why you screamed?”

“Yeah, he…,” started Ron.

“I scared him….but not intentionally,” said Harry after receiving a look from Hermione that told him that this was not a good time for goofing around.

“So why are you here so early?” asked Hermione taking a seat on Ron’s bed. “And how did you get here without anyone knowing?”

“Well…,”started Harry, sitting on his bed. Ron realized that he was the only one left standing and he quickly took a seat next to Hermione. “It was supposed to be a surprise…”

“You got that right,” interrupted Ron.

“Shhh…let him finish Ron,” said Hermione who was now moving a little closer to Ron and placed her hand on his arm.
‘I’ll have to ask Ginny about those two,’ thought Harry but as soon as his mind focused on Ginny, his heart hurt. ‘But it’s to make sure she won’t get hurt!’

“Harry?” Hermione asked looking concerned “Are you okay?”

“Yeah fine…,” stumbled Harry. “Your dad wanted to keep it a surprise. He wanted me to come early to help your mum with the wedding stuff. He picked me up this morning, apparated me here, and then went back to work.” He took a deep breath and looked at his two best friends. “Besides, Uncle Vernon kicked me out of the house. He was afraid that they were in danger.”

“Well of course they are!” said Hermione standing up outraged. She paced back and forth as she spoke. “They are your last living relatives and your protection! How dare they break their promise to Dumbledore! I hope theypay!” Hermione raged with a dangerous look in her eyes. Ron watched her in fear; he had never seen her so angry.

“Hermione, it’s okay! Im fine with it and the sooner I was out of there the better,” said Harry looking at her a bit frightened too.

“Okay? Okay?!?!?” yelled Hermione who was becoming angrier. “I knew that they were horrid people but that’s the last straw! The heartless bastards! “ Ron’s mouth dropped open because he had never heard Hermione say such a foul word. “I can’t believe they broke their promise to Dumbledore.” Now tears were streaming down Hermione’s face. All the emotions and fears from the past few weeks were catching up with her.

“Hermione,” said both of the boys as they stood up once she began to sob. Harry let Ron embrace Hermione first.

“W-what if one of us d-dies?!?!” Hermione sobbed into Ron’s shoulder. “I c-cannot bare l-losing either of y-you! w-we’ve l-lost s-so much all r-ready!”

“Don’t worry Hermione, I’ll protect both you and Harry!” Ron said, as he gently stroked her hair trying to comfort her. Just then Harry realized how lucky he was to have friends like Ron and Hermione. Harry embraced the two of them and the trio admitted their fears about the upcoming task.




Ch 3: Old Friends and Rivalries by Weasleyboyfreak
Author's Notes:
Hey, I just wanted to say thanks to everyone who helped me with this story. Specail thanks to Ron x Hermione and Songbook99! Thank you sooo much for all your hard work. I hope you enjoy and thank you for all the wonderful reviews. Chapter 4 will be up shortly after this one! Please R&R!! Thanks!
~Weasleyboyfreak
ch 3: Old Friends and Rivalries


After Hermione's tears had subsided, the Trio took their places back on the bed. Hermione sat next to Ron with her head resting on his shoulder. Harry watched from his bed as Ron wiped a tear from the girl’s eye. I just don’t understand those two, thought Harry. They both obviously like each other. Are they that blind? I thought Hermione was clever.


“We have to stick together,” Hermione said in a shaky voice. “Remember that we have what V-Voldemort doesn’t… love.”


“That’s how we can win this war, Harry,” Ron said while looking into Hermione’s eyes. “We just have to remember what Dumbledore told us.”


Harry sat in silence as he watched his two best friends talk and laugh. He felt an empty aching feeling inside him as if something or someone was missing. It was Ginny. Only a few weeks ago they had been happily together, but that had all changed the day that Dumbledore had died. He could no longer think of her without fearing for her safety. Why do I have to be the Chosen One? Harry thought. Why can’t I be like everyone else and have a normal life, or a normal relationship? Harry was very envious of what his friends had, and what he didn’t. They had safety, love, and a loving family, while Harry had responsibility, fear, and a broken heart. How am I going to get through this war?


“Harry, are you alright?” Hermione asked, looking a little concerned.


“Yeah, fine,” Harry lied. The confusion within his head erupted once again.


You’re safe with Ginny. Love her while you still have time! Harry’s heart cried out.


What about her safety? You don’t want to lose her on top of everything else. What about Voldemort? Harry’s conscience asked.


You love her! Isn’t that enough? Who cares as long as you are both happy?


I care. I don’t want her to get hurt; not again.


“I can’t deal with this right now!” Harry suddenly burst, out loud. Ron and Hermione both looked at him in shock.


“Mate, are you okay? Who are you talking to?” Ron asked, looking a little taken back.


“No one… er let's go and see if your mum needs any help.” Harry quickly got off of his bed. He hoped that leaving Ron’s brilliantly orange room and helping Mrs. Weasley would get his mind off both Ginny and Voldemort.


Ron and Hermione both looked at each other and slowly got up off Ron’s Chudley Cannons- themed bed. They followed Harry down to the Weasley’s welcoming kitchen. Their attention was soon drawn to Mrs. Weasley’s famous clock. All the members of the Weasley family still appeared to be in mortal danger.


“You know,” started Ron, “Mum really should add you and Harry to that old clock. I mean, you two are practically family.”


“Oh don’t be silly, Ron,” Hermione said while blushing slightly. “I wouldn’t want to give your Mother anything else to do. This wedding is enough work as it is, and that’s not even counting the war that is going on.”


“Speaking of Mum, where is she?” Ron asked while looking around the empty kitchen.


“I think she’s in here,” Harry said as he pressed his ear against the door.


“So far, one hundred and fifty people are coming to the wedding,” Mrs. Weasley’s voice said. “Have you heard from anyone else, dear?”


“Yes,” started Fleur.


“Bill and Fleur aren’t even here!” Ron whispered to Harry. “They’re in France visiting Fleur’s family.”


“When were they due back?” Harry asked, but Hermione hushed them both.


“My muzzer's cousins. Ze band eez booked, ze refreshments are ordered, ze decorations will be at your 'ouse in a week...oh and Viktor Krum eez coming.”


Ron’s ears suddenly turned red at the mention of the famous Quidditch player’s name. Not only was he jealous of Krum for taking Hermione to the Yule Ball, but also for the fact that Viktor had snogged her. Ron remembered the last time he was around. It ended with Ron and Hermione in a long fight that could have destroyed their friendship. He looked over at Hermione as she talked excitedly with Harry.


“I can’t believe Viktor is coming,” Hermione mentioned as she practically jumped up and down. “He wrote me a week ago and said that he would be coming down soon. He also said that he would love to see me.” Ron clenched his fists as his ears started glowing red. “I can’t wait to see him at the wedding. We haven’t talked face-to-face in ages!”


“Yeah…that’s nice, Hermione,” Harry said as he started to notice Ron's state. He wished that Ron had missed what Hermione was saying about Krum. Ron and Hermione have come too far in the past year for Krum to show up now.


“He also told me that he would be staying for a few extra days. He said that he would take me out for lunch!”


Just then a nervous twitch started down in the pit of Harry’s stomach. He watched Ron's face turn scarlet with a mixture of jealously and rage. Uh oh, this isn’t good, Harry thought as he watched Ron suddenly start towards the stairs. Hermione suddenly became quiet as she watched Ron go.


“Ron, what has gotten into you?” Hermione asked as she followed Ron up the stairs. She placed her hand on Ron's shoulder but after a moment he shook her off. “Ron?” she asked, now looking a little hurt as Ron came to a dead stop. Harry was preparing for Ron's explosion as he walked up behind the feud.


Not again, thought Harry. The pair of them really need to get together and stop bickering!


Harry’s thoughts once again flipped to Voldemort. All he could picture was his two friends bickering behind him as he faced the Dark Lord. Then one of them would get hurt and they would never forgive themselves.


Ron sighed. “It’s fine, Hermione, I understand,” he said with his back to her. He was losing confidence in himself again.


“Understand what? Ron, look at me!” Hermione demanded as she forced Ron to face her. “What are you on about?”


“I understand why you want Vicky,” Ron said as he refused to make eye contact with her. “I mean, he’s rich, handsome, and famous! What more could a girl ask for?”


“Ron, I don’t understand. What has gotten into you?” Hermione asked, looking very confused. “Viktor and I are just friends.”


“It doesn’t sound like it,” Ron mumbled as he turned around and continued up the stairs. “I mean, you did snog him after all. That just doesn’t come out of nowhere.”


Hermione stopped and looked taken aback by Ron’s words. “How dare you!” Hermione said as they reached the first landing. “How do you know how I feel? If you knew how I felt, then you wouldn’t have any questions.”


“What am I questioning?” Ron asked while turning around and walking backwards. “All the evidence I needed I got downstairs. How stupid of me for thinking that I ever had a chance with you!“


“Evidence…what evidence?” Hermione bellowed. “How wrong is it of me to want to see an old friend?”


Harry continued to follow his two friends up the stairs but he was distant from their argument. He was too busy having an internal feud with himself.


Harry, you love her! Forget about danger! Love is stronger. His heart was telling him again.


If you love something set it free! You did the right thing, Harry,’ his conscience told him.


No, you didn’t. You're miserable, and so is Ginny. Just forget about old Voldemort and sweep the girl off her feet.


No! Are you honestly that thick? The best thing to do would be to defeat Lord Voldemort, save the Wizarding world, and then have a relationship!’



Harry’s thoughts kept fighting as he stared at her door down the corridor.


“An old friend? How about an old boyfriend?” Ron spoke through gritted teeth as he turned back around and started walking up to the second floor landing. “How could I have even imagined that I would be good enough for you, Hermione? I guess I just don’t understand you!”


“Ron, you are-" Hermione stopped as she realized what Ron was talking about and her face softened. Were her dreams coming true? Did he like her as much as she liked him?


“You know what, Hermione? I’ve waited long enough for you to get over Vicky but I guess you never will. Piss off!” Ron turned around to face her one more time. His eyes were red as he fought back tears. With that thought, Ron turned around and continued up the stairs.


“Ron!” Hermione called as she raced up the stairs. She had just realized that she had made a big mistake.


Harry studied Ginny’s door as Hermione’s footsteps faded up the stairs. He had made up his mind; he was going to talk to Ginny.


“What was that all about?” Ginny asked as Harry entered and shut the door.


“Ron and Hermione just had another row.” Harry sighed as he took a seat next to Ginny. His stomach did a flip as he looked into her brown eyes.


“They were doing so well!” Ginny said with a slight frown. Harry was both happy and yet surprised that they were still on normal speaking terms after all that had happened. “Should I dare ask what it was about this time?”


“Well,” started Harry after ripping his eyes away from Ginny, “it was something about Krum.”


“Oh, dear,” frowned Ginny. “I told Hermione that he was a very sensitive subject around my brother.”


“It wasn’t just talking about him.”


“Oh no, is he coming to the wedding?” Ginny asked, covering her mouth with her hands as Harry nodded.


“That’ll ruin my plan! Everyone knows that they like each other except for the two of them. How thick could they get?” Harry stared down into Ginny's deep brown eyes as thoughts raced through his mind.


I love her, Harry thought as those big brown eyes sunk down into his heart. Then it hit him. Ron and Hermione were right! Dumbledore had told them that love was the only power that could defeat Voldemort.Love was all he really needed. It's worth the risk, Harry thought. I can’t do this without her. I have to tell her! His heart had taken over his sense in his inward battle. He had to find away for it to work.


“Ginny, I-”


“I know; my brother is such a prat! Every time they get close to getting together, Ron says something that upsets Hermione.”


“Ginny, I really need to-”


“Then they have to start all over from square one and I have to convince Hermione that he still likes her.”


“Ginny, I’m-”


“Then he doesn’t pick up what she is hinting at and says something stup-”


“Ginny,-”


“I really just need to lock the pair of them in a room together-”


Ginny was suddenly interrupted in mid-sentence by Harry’s lips pressing against hers. It sent shockwaves down both their spines as Harry placed his hand on the side of Ginny’s chin to deepen the kiss. Harry couldn’t help himself; he loved that girl too much to be away from her. He didn’t care anymore if it put her in danger; he would protect her.


“Harry,” said Ginny in a breathless voice after they had parted. “I thought-”


“I’m sorry, Ginny. I was wrong,” Harry whispered as he pulled her close to him. “I can’t do this without you.”


“I’m glad you finally changed your mind.” Ginny smiled as she pushed a strand of Harry’s unmanageable hair out of his face. She pulled him in for another kiss and, after a few moments, they broke apart again.


“Ginny, I’m so sorry if I hurt you and I hope you understood why I did it. Voldemort comes after the ones I love and I didn’t want to lose you.” Harry and Ginny came forehead to forehead as they gazed into each other's eyes. “I love you, Ginny.”


“I love you, too. I always have.” Ginny kissed Harry gently. “But we can’t let Ron and Hermione know, at least not yet.”


“Why?” Harry asked, looking confused. “They want us back together.”


“I know, but I bet Hermione that she and Ron would be together before we would.” Ginny gave Harry a quick kiss and then said, “Well, I didn’t realize that you would be here this soon.”


“If I hadn’t come for two more weeks, I would have gone crazy with the Muggles.” Harry smirked as he took Ginny’s hand. The pair kissed passionately for a number of minutes until they heard someone run down the stairs.


“Hermione, stop,” Ron called.


“No, Ron, you’ve said enough,” they heard Hermione cry. There was suddenly a slight ‘pop’ followed by Ron kicking the wall and saying, “Damn it!”


“You better go talk to him,” Ginny whispered in Harry’s ear as they heard Ron go back up the stairs. “I’ll go find Hermione.”



*****


Dinner that evening was very quiet. Hermione had refused to come down for dinner while Ron sat and glared angrily at the wall. Harry wished that his two best friends had never fought. How can I take those two with me to defeat Voldemort if they’re not speaking? Harry thought, and was then jabbed in the ribs by Ginny.


“We have to get them to make up,” Ginny whispered in Harry’s ear.


“I don’t know if they will ever speak again, after he told her to piss off!” Harry responded as he glanced at Ron. Ron sat moodily as he pushed his mashed potatoes around his plate. He didn’t seem to have much of an appetite. "But reminde you, it was Hermione who started it. She's to blame as well."


“He didn’t!” Ginny gasped. “I’ll beat in his thick skull!” she muttered angrily, shaking her head. “They were so close! Hermiones always been really careful about saying things about Viktor around Ron. I don't understand why she would pick now, of all times, to bring him up!”


“We should get them together. I can’t take them with me if they’re not speaking to one another.”


“Well, we have two weeks until the wedding. I’ll work with Hermione and try to get her to realise that Ron is just a jealous prat. Oh, and you can try and get it through Ron's head that girls have feelings and are sensitive. He needs to get over his jealously and ask Hermione out.”


“You can try, but I don’t know how well that will work,” Harry said as he watched Ron stomp up the stairs with a sulky look on his face. It reminded Harry of Ron when he had doubted his Quidditch abilities. Harry knew that Ron needed a big boost of confidence if he was going to ask Hermione to the wedding.
Ch 4: Bad Dreams and A little Comfort by Weasleyboyfreak
Author's Notes:
Thank you sooo much for the reviews! Big thanks to my Beta, Ron x Hermione! She is fantastic! I hope you enjoy and please R&R!
Ch 4: Bad Dreams and A Little Comfort

It had been three days since Ron and Hermione’s feud, and they were still not on speaking terms. Harry and Ginny felt as if they were caught in the middle of a warpath of icy glares. The pair agreed that this was one of the worst fights that their best friends had ever had.

“Ron, you know this conflict with Hermione really needs to stop,” said Harry, one night in Ron’s flaming orange room. “I can’t risk taking you two with me to destroy the Horcruxes if you’re not on speaking terms!”

“She lied to me, Harry,” whispered Ron softly after a moment. He looked unconfident in himself as he watched the Chudley Cannons Quidditch team fly around in the numerous posters that hung on his walls.

“What did she lie to you about? Honestly, you two get completely mental over nothing sometimes,” yawned Harry while climbing onto his cot on the other side of Ron’s room.

“She…she told me that she wasn’t writing to him anymore. I thought she and I…but I guess I was wrong.” Ron sighed to Harry with reddening ears. Harry could tell that this wasn’t an easy subject for Ron to speak openly about. “Being the stupid git I am. How could I have thought any different?”

“Ron, I understand that she lied to you but you’re not wrong about the other thing. I think that she does like you and that is why she is so upset that you told her off. Well… that’s what Ginny said, at least.”

“Don’t be silly, Harry, why would she like a poor, gangly-looking redhead when she could have a rich, handsome, Quidditch player?” Ron asked while looking put out as he watched Krum fly around on a poster in the back of his room.

“Maybe you should just try asking her to the wedding. You might be surprised!” Harry said as he turned off the light. “’Night, Ron.”

***** Meanwhile*****

“Hermione, are you okay?” Ginny asked as she climbed into her bed. Hermione had been unusually quiet for the past few days, and Ginny was becoming worried.

“Your brother, he just…” said Hermione in an irritated tone, shrugging and looking up at Ginny with sad eyes.

“Yeah, I know he is a jealous, insensitive, stubborn, and a prat.” Ginny finished.

“No, that’s not it. He just hurt me so much with just that look in his eyes. You should have seen it. I’ve never seen him like that before.” Hermione got up and walked over to her trunk and placed the book she was reading inside. “I don’t understand why he makes me so upset!”

“Well,” started Ginny. “From my experience with boys, I think you might love him.” She paused. “And I mean actually love him.”

“So what if I do? I mean, he won’t even talk to me and I don’t know what I even did to offend him!” Hermione climbed into her bed that she had conjured herself. It reminded her of her bed back at her own house.

“According to Harry, Ron is jealous that you had snogged Victor and that you lied to him about writing to him.”

“But I don’t like Victor like that,” started Hermione. “We’re just friends, and besides, how did Ron find out that I kissed Viktor?”

Ginny looked away from Hermione guiltily. “Sorry, Hermione, I let it slip one time when we were having a row.” Ginny frowned because she had regretted ever telling her brother that information.

“No wonder he is mad at me! How could I have ever been so stupid as to talk about Viktor in front of him?” Hermione sighed as she pulled up her floral covers.

“I suggest that you sit him down and explain to him your relationship with both him and Viktor.” Ginny yawned.

“Are you sure that will work?” Hermione asked with a downhearted look in her eyes.

“No, but if worse comes to worse, grab him by the shirt and snog him senseless,” smirked Ginny, and with that she turned off the light. “Good night!”

*****

Red lights were flashing all around him as he stood in shock. He couldn’t find her. He had lost her when the Death Eaters had arrived. He watched as his friends, family, and members of the Order fought Lord Voldemort’s servants.

How could I have let this happen? he thought. How could I have lost her? He was suddenly knocked out of the trance he was in as someone bumped into him.

“Don’t just stand there, help!” Harry yelled, as he ran past Ron to assist Lupin.

Everything around him was happening so quickly that he felt that everything was a blur. Ron suddenly turned and found himself face-to-face with a blonde witch. He immediately began to battle her as a hex went whizzing by his ear.

“You are going to lose this war and the Dark Lord will be all powerful once more!” She taunted as the pair shot spells back and forth. Ron spotted Hermione off in the distance as she fought another Death Eater. He was relieved to see that she was still alive.

“You will never defeat us!” cried Ron triumphantly as he watched Hermione take out her opponent and move onto another.

“You and your little girlfriend are going to suffer a most painful death tonight, Weasley,” she laughed. Ron fought harder as rage built up inside of him. “Looks like your little girlfriend isn’t going to pull through this battle!” The evil witch cried as they watched Hermione struggle with her opponent. “Say goodbye to her now, Weasley!”

“Never!” Ron screamed with glowing red ears, and with another strike the women fell. Ron rushed to Hermione’s aid, but as he ran to her she was struck down by her opponent.

“NO!” Ron cried as he quickly defeated her Death Eater and kneeled down beside her. He cradled Hermione in his arms as tears started to form in his eyes. He couldn’t stop screaming.

“R-Ron,” Hermione gasped as the spell was starting to take her. “I just w-wanted…y-you to k-know…t-that I…I….”

“Shhh . . .” Ron told her softly as he pulled her shaking body close to him. “I know. I love you too.”

“I’ve always…l-loved…y-you…R-Ron,” she said while gasping for air. He was losing her.

“Don’t leave me Hermione!” Ron cried as a tear dripped off of his long freckled nose. “Please don’t leave me!”

“R-Ron…”

“Hermione, I can’t finish this war without you, don’t go--- be strong!” He grabbed her hand. She was turning cold and her pulse was slowing. Her head fell as Ron gave her as soft kiss on the forehead. She was gone.

“Hermione…Hermione?” Ron sobbed as he shook her lifeless body. “Don’t leave me… I need you! Come back, please come back!” He sobbed into her shoulder as he realized that she was gone.


*****
Ron awoke with a start. He was covered in icy sweat and was tangled in his Chuddley Cannon blankets. “It was just a dream,” he said to himself quietly. “Everyone is still alive.” Ron got out of his bed and started down the stairs for the kitchen. He was in need of a cup of tea and he wanted to check on his sister and Hermione.

Ron stopped once he had reached his little sister’s pink door. He pressed his ear to the cold wood and was relieved to hear soft snoring. “They’re okay,” Ron said with a sigh of relief. “It was just a dream.” Ron quickly continued down the stairs to the kitchen and retrieved his glass of water. As he drank, he heard noises coming from the sitting room. Ron quietly crept around the corner to see Hermione sitting on the couch in tears.

“Hermione, are you okay?” Ron asked as he walked into the room. Hermione was quite shocked and embarrassed to see Ron downstairs at this time of night.

“No,” she cried as she buried her face in her hands. Ron came over and took a seat next to her on the couch as if all of their fight had never happened. Ron placed a comforting arm around her shoulders. “I’m just s-starting to r-realize all that we w-will be giving up and l-leaving behind to s-save the Wizarding w-world. I’m j-just so s-scared of what is g-going to happen to u-us!”

“I know,” Ron said comfortingly as he stroked her soft, curly, brown hair. “I’m afraid that I will lose those closest to me… like in my dream.” Ron allowed Hermione to cry on his shoulder as he said these words. He held her close as her body shook with sobs. “Don’t worry, I will never let anything happen to you… or Harry,” Ron assured her. “You two come first.”

“Don’t say that!” Hermione said as her tears started to slow. “You’re just as important as the rest of us. We need you, too.” They sat in silence for a few minutes just enjoying each other’s company. Hermione felt so comfortable in Ron’s arms and she wished that they would never part again.

“Hermione,” started Ron after a few minutes. “I’m sorry about the fight. I would have never forgiven myself if that was the last time we had spoken.” Hermione looked up into Ron’s deep blue eyes and realised that these words came straight from his heart.

“That would be horrid,” Hermione shuddered. She could not bear the thought of losing Ron before the pair of them could make up. Hermione rested her head on Ron’s shoulder. “I couldn’t even imagine life without you… or Harry.” Hermione added as an afterthought.

“I know,” Ron said as he placed his chin on Hermione’s head. “We’ll all pull through this; we have to.” They sat in silence for a few more moments as if they were lost for words.

“So, why are you up so late?” Hermione asked as if she was trying to break the quiet.

“Err…I just had a bad dream,” muttered Ron. He never wanted to have to think about that horrible dream ever again. “It was nothing,” he lied. Hermione looked into his eyes and gave him a knowing look.

“It’s okay to be scared, Ron,” she said as she placed her had on top of Ron’s. It sent shockwaves up both of their spines as Ron interlocked their fingers. It felt right.

“I know. But I have to be brave for you… and Harry.” Hermione smiled up at him. She knew that she would be safe whenever Ron was near. The pair sat and talked quietly, but they quickly became drowsy and fell asleep in each other’s arms.
Ch 5: Big Suprises by Weasleyboyfreak
Author's Notes:
I just wanted to give a big thanks to my awesome beta, Lindsey, aka Ron x Hermione. Thank you sooo much, you are an awesome beta and writer. I would also like to thank everyone for reviewing! I hope you enjoy my favorite chapter! Please read and Review!
The next morning, the Weasley Twins Apparated to the Burrow. They had come to help their mother with the wedding preparations before they set off to their shop.


Weasley’s Wizarding Wheezes was doing excellent business these days. They featured a new line of dark magic gags and even some cleaver weapons. The Twins had even sold some of their products to the Ministry of Magic and the Order. The Weasley Twins were just full of brilliance these days, and supplied their own comic relief to the community.


Fred and George fixed themselves a cup of coffee and settled down at the table that was mounded with papers dealing with the wedding. They talked quietly between themselves as they waited for their mother to get out of the shower.


“Forge, did we remember to put out the new stock yesterday?” Fred asked his twin as they looked through the papers on the table.


“Yes, Gred, the new stock boy put it out,” George chuckled. “And he spilled the vanishing powder on his feet and the boy honestly cried because he thought his feet had disappeared.” Fred laughed. “I think we should be more selective of our employees.”


“You know, we really should bring Harry down to see how big the store has gotten.”


“Brilliant idea, Fred!” George said, remembering a very important fact. “We could use that as the distraction for Harry’s surprise party!”


“Mum’ll be thrilled!”


“Yeah, now all we have to do is tell her that before we tell her about ‘forgetting’ to pick up the dress robes,” said George, supporting a sheepish grin.


“It wasn’t our fault that two lovely dames walked into our shop right as we were about to close,” smirked Fred.


“They were very interested in our---” George paused. “Did you hear some thing Gred?” They both stopped talking and listened intently. Suddenly they heard it again. “Is that snoring?” They both looked at each other and then said in unison, “Ron!”


“Blimey, you can hear him all the way down here!” Fred said while looking a little shocked.


“No, he’s closer,” said George as he walked toward the living room. “He’s in here!” Fred set down his cup of coffee and quickly joined his twin. The sight in front of them shocked the both of them.


Ron was entangled with Hermione on the couch. Ron was asleep on his back while Hermione lay on top of him with her arms wrapped around him. One of Ron’s arms dangled to the floor while the other was up across Hermione’s waist. They were both sleeping peacefully with the exception of Ron’s rather loud snoring.


“I’m sure finding out that his two best mates are dating will be a lovely birthday present for Harry,” smirked Fred.


“I don’t understand,” said George while shaking his head. “Ron’s too thick-headed to get a girl. I mean; we’re more attractive than he is!”


“No, it’s not that he’s loony. It’s Hermione! All those books have gone to her head!”


“What would mother dearest say?” they asked in unison. Just then, they heard her coming down the stairs. The two looked at each other and shared a demonic grin.


“Good morning, boys,” said Mrs. Weasley as she poured herself a cup of coffee.


“ ‘Morning, Mum,” they said in unison. “We think there is something you should see,” they smirked.


“What on earth would there be for me to see at seven in the morning?” she asked as she made her way over to the Twins. Mrs. Weasley dropped her cup of coffee which shattered and spilled all over the floor. “RONALD BILLUS WEASLEY, WHAT ON EARTH DO YOU THINK YOUR DOING?”


Ron and Hermione awoke with a start and jumped off the couch.


“Erm… Morning, Mum,” said Ron, looking very tired, shocked, and scared all at the same time.


“What do you have to say for yourself? I would have never expected this behaviour out of you Ron and Hermione! Why I never thought you’d…” Mrs. Weasley trailed off as Fred and George snickered in the background.


“We didn’t do anything, Mum, honest,” said Ron with red ears and face.


“It’s true, Mrs. Weasley,” Hermione said, who was also scarlet. “We were talking and we just… must have fell asleep.”


Hermione bit her lip and Ron looked nervous as they waited for Mrs. Weasley to say something. Her stern face suddenly softened and she smiled. “Well, don’t let me catch anything much more than that or your father will be hearing about it.” Mrs. Weasley smiled and then headed back out into the kitchen. The twins looked at each other in shock because they had never see their mother let anyone off the hook that easy, let alone smile about it. Ron and Hermione took advantage of the silence and headed toward the stairs. However, Mrs. Weasley caught them before their feet ever touched the first step.


“Remember that today is Harry’s Birthday and that we have to get him out of the house by noon.”


“Oh, Mum, we got that under control,” said Fred.


“Yeah, were going to take him to the shop with us today,” finished George.


“Oh and by the way, we ‘forgot’ to pick up the dress robes,” added Fred quickly.


“YOU WHAT?” Mrs. Weasley shirked. “HOW COULD YOU FORGET? NOW THEY HAVE TO BE RE-ORDERED!”


“Sorry, Mum, something came up.” the Twins said in unison.


“WHAT DO YOU MEAN ‘SOMETHING CAME UP’?” Mrs. Weasley howled as Ron and Hermione snuck out of the kitchen and ran up the stairs. They didn’t stop until they reached the first landing.


“Well, that was interesting,” said Ron, rubbing the back of his head.


“Yeah,” said Hermione and they both laughed. “Thanks for last night, Ron. It meant a lot to me.”


“Yeah, same to you,” said Ron. They started to move closer. They’re faces were inches away”


“Morning, Ron,” said Harry as he came down the stairs. Ron stopped were he was and huffed with a disgruntled look on his face. Dammit, Harry! Ron thought . I was so close.


“Where were you?”


Ron turned around to face Harry with an odd expression on his face. Hermione stepped behind Ron and looked down at the floor. She was both disappointed and embarrassed to be caught in this position.


“Erm…bad dream,’ said Ron. “So I went downstairs and fell asleep on the couch.” It was right then when Harry noticed that Hermione was hiding behind Ron. A smirk spread over Harry’s face.


“I see you two are on speaking terms again,” said Harry as Ginny came out of the bathroom across the hall.


“What are we having, a snogging party in front of my room?” Ginny asked with a grin.


“I was…err…just talking to Hermione,” stammered Ron.


“Right,” Ginny said with a sarcastic look spreading across her face. “Well, excuse me, but I need to get dressed. We have a long day ahead of us. Come on, Hermione.” Ginny pushed though Ron and Hermione. In doing so, she pulled Hermione into the room and shut the door. This left Harry and Ron in the corridor in an awkward silence. The pair looked at each other uncomfortably for a moment until Ron went up the stairs and Harry into the bathroom.


***************


“Hermione, if you only knew what you were missing,” Ginny sighed fifteen minutes later.


“What are you talking about?” Hermione asked as she went through her trunk.


“Um…well, I was just referring …darn!” Ginny said, running her fingers through her dark red hair, her face matching it completely.


“Is there something your not telling me, Ginny?” Hermione questioned, looking up from her trunk. “Something to do with Harry, maybe?”


“You caught me. Harry and I are snogging again.” Ginny smiled sheepishly. “You know how I hate being wrong. I thought that you and Ron would be at it before Harry and I so…”


So? I can’t believe you haven’t told me before now, although, I figured as much.” Hermione smirked.


“I’m sorry, Hermione. I just didn’t think. I was so focused on you and my git of a brother that Harry caught me by surprise and I didn’t really want you to find out before you and Ron were snogging,” Ginny said, slightly flustered, but then she smiled knowingly. “But it doesn’t’ matter right now because I heard an interesting story from Mum this morning.”


“Oh, well…” Hermione blushed. “Nothing happened. We were talking and we just…fell asleep.”


“In each others arms right? Why wont you just tell me that you and by brother had a snogging session last night?”


“No, we didn’t! Ginny, a person can tell and express love without snogging.” Hermione looked at Ginny with anger on her face. However, her eyes showed sorrow and fear for they were swimming with tears. Quietly, Ginny sat down on her bed and said, “I know, Hermione, I know.”


“I’m sorry, Ginny, it’s just that…” Hermione looked up at Ginny and realized she felt the same way about Harry as she did for Ron, despite all her comments on snogging. “I love him,” she finished.


“I know, I love him too,” Ginny said looking at her hands. “I’m just so afraid. What if I lose my brother? What if I lose Harry or anyone else? I don’t know what I’d do if I lost Ron, or Harry for that matter. I only pretend to be brave and happy with my stupid jokes.” Ginny sighed; tears filled her eyes and ran down her face. Hermione looked at Ginny, realizing she felt the same fears she did and the compassion she felt for her and her own doubts welled up inside her once more.


“I know, Ginny, I know,” she said as she sat down next to her friend, hugging her as tears ran down her face as well.


“Ginny, Hermione--- Mum said that Harry left and she wants us downstairs,” Ron said as he bore into the girls room. He then suddenly realized that something was wrong with Hermione and Ginny. “What happened? Did someone die?”


“RON YOU GIT! GET THE BLOODY HELL OUT OF MY ROOM!” Ginny screamed at her wall so that Ron wouldn’t’ see her crying.


“Don’t you ever knock, Ron?” Hermione said, exasperated. She was slightly less embarrassed than Ginny, considering that he had seen her cry before.


“Erm…sorry,” he mumbled, looking at the floor. “I didn’t think…”


“OF COURSE YOU DIDN’T THINK! YOU NEVER DO, DO YOU?” Ginny shouted at Ron, who was looking more uncomfortable by the second. He looked at Hermione for a second, his face turning red. He mumbled something that could have been an apology and stumbled out of the room. “Sometimes it amazes me that you like him,” Ginny laughed as she wiped her tears from her eyes. “How could someone so smart fall for someone with no common sense?”


“Opposites attract?” Hermione said with a smile on her face and a shrug of her shoulders.


Ginny laughed and said, “Come on, let’s go down stairs. Harry’s party wont decorate itself!”


***********


“Mum, he’s going to be here any minute, everything’s fine!” Ginny said as her mother tried to straighten party decorations.


“Oh, dear, I just want everything to be perfect.” Mrs. Weasley then started to look frantically around the sitting room.


“What is it, Mum?”


“Where are Ron and Hermione? Go find them! He’ll be here in the next fifteen minutes!”


“Hermione and Ron . . . No, it couldn’t be,” Ginny said with a smile on her face that could have rivaled the twin’s own mischievous grins.


“What was that, dear?”


“Nothing Mum, I’ll go find those two,” Ginny replied with an evil smirk. Ginny ran off, looking for Ron and Hermione. After about ten minutes of searching, she found them in the closet off the kitchen. She watched for a second as Ron took a piece of something out of Hermione’s hair, as he blushed and mumbled, “That doesn’t belong there.”


I had no idea my git of a brother could be so sweet,” Ginny thought. She watched as Hermione and Ron looked shyly at each other and then started to lean closer and closer together. Ginny tried to shut the door before they noticed it was open but Ron, getting shy, looked away from Hermione just in time to see Ginny.


“I’m s-sorry, Mum wanted you, Harry’s going to be here any minute, um, sorry,” she said, trying to hide a grin.


“Tonks sent me to get something. Remus sent Hermione,” Ron gushed out, his ears turning extremely red, blending right in with his hair. Hermione just shook her head and sighed as she started to walk out. Ginny and Hermione shared a sly smile as they passed. Ron saw this and muttered, “Girls,” as he followed them out.


Moments later, Harry and the Twins appeared through the fire with an armful of dress robes. The room suddenly exploded with a loud chorus of ‘Happy Birthday!’


“Happy Birthday, mate!” Ron said while patting Harry on the back. “Now we’re both of age. We can both Apparate now.” Harry looked at Ron with a shocked expression on his face. He had forgotten that it was his birthday with everything that had been going through his mind.


“Well, that’s not until after you two take your test.” Hermione beamed as she hugged Harry. “Happy Birthday!”


“Hey, where’d Ginny go? She was right behind us!” Ron asked with a quizzical look on his face. All of a sudden, Ron let out a grunt of surprise as he saw a red blur hurtle towards him and Harry. In a matter of seconds Ginny was shouting, “Happy Birthday, Harry!” Her arms wrapped around Harry’s waist, her head on his shoulder.


“Bloody hell, Ginny. You scared the heck out of me,” Ron said as he looked at his sister. He was about to say something else, but the words never come out as he looked at Harry and Ginny again. He looked confused, then turned to look at Hermione to see if she had noticed what was happening. She was holding in laughter at the look on Ron’s face. “Harry, you git! Why didn’t you tell me that you and Ginny were together again?” he asked, a huge grin on his face.


“Well…erm…Ginny said,” Harry muttered before Ginny cut him off.


“That doesn’t matter right now because Harry was just going to ask me to dance.” Ginny smirked. “I think you two have some unfinished business to attend to.” Ginny put a hand on both of their shoulders and gave them a push in the opposite direction. “They’ve been practically snogging all day,” she whispered to Harry as she watched Ron’s ears redden as he walked away with Hermione.


Harry didn’t even look at Ron and Hermione as he got lost in Ginny’s warm brown eyes. He leaned down and whispered in Ginny’s ear, “How about a dance in the privacy of the garden?” Ginny smiled and took Harry’s hand as she led him to their favorite spot.


***Meanwhile***


Ron and Hermione actually took Ginny’s advice as they started walking together. Somehow they ended up walking outside. They both had their hands behind their backs, staring at their feet.


They occasionally would take sly looks at each other from the corner of their eyes. Whenever they met each other’s eyes, they would quickly look away. Ron blushing and looking uncomfortable while Hermione smiled shyly became apparent quickly. In this manner, they found themselves in the orchard. The stars were shimmering brightly and the moon was a sparkling silver. For some reaso0,n they both stopped there instinctively, facing each other without actually looking at the other.


“So…Harry’s surprise was a success,” Hermione said, attempting to break the awkward silence.


“Yeah, he…erm…seemed to enjoy it,” Ron said looking up at the stars and shuffling his feet.


“Yeah…how about Ginny and Harry?” Hermione said awkwardly.


“I swear if he breaks her heart again I’ll…I’ll. . .” Ron started but stopped when his eyes met Hermione’s. “I can’t believe he didn’t tell me.”


For a second, Hermione didn’t say anything as she got hopelessly lost in Ron’s deep blue need you eyes. “We’ll tell them though, right?” she asked, staring up into Ron’s eyes.


“What…?” Ron asked not able to continue because he was entranced in Hermione’ brown eyes that were shimmering due to the reflection of the moon.


“We’ll tell them about us,” she said. Hermione then stood on her tiptoes and kissed the flabbergasted Ron. Hermione could feel him shudder and melt in her touch. He grabbed her and started kissing her back. The intense power of their bottled up passion made them sink to the ground in each other’s arms. When they finally broke apart, Ron saw that Hermione’s eyes were swimming with tears. She smiled and rubbed her face in Ron’s hands as he reached up to clear the tears from her eyes. Ron heard a shuddering sigh as he wrapped his arms around Hermione like he would never let her go. She hid her face in his chest and silently cried with joy as Ron stroked her curly brown hair.


“I’ll always be here for you, Hermione. I’ll never let anything happen to you.” Ron kissed the top of her head and placed his head against hers.


“I love you, Ron,” Hermione whispered as she looked at his strong arms wrapped around her.


“I love you too, Hermione.” Ron slowly pulled Hermione’s lips back to his and they shared another long, passionate kiss.


“Aw, look Forge, Ickle Ronnie Kins has discovered what everyone else has known for years,” Fred said rather loudly to his twin as they came up to the kissing couple. The pair split as they heard the Twin’s snickering.


“Oy, couldn’t you two give us some privacy?” asked a frustrated Ron with red ears.


“Well, Ronnie, this really isn’t an private place,” sneered George.


“Ron, don’t worry about them. They were bound to find out sometime,” Hermione said, although she was blushing as well.


“Mum wants you two to come in so Harry can open his gifts.”


“That is, if we could find him, and Ginny for that matter.” Fred said with a raised brow.
After that, he and his twin turned and went back to the crowded house.


“Those guys,” Hermione said and shook her head. She got up to follow them back to the Burrow. Row just stood there for a second, scowling at their backs. “Ron, are you coming?” Hermione called over her shoulder. Ron nodded with a disappointed look on his face. He caught up with Hermione and intertwined their fingers. He stopped her when they reached the garden.


Hermione smiled as he bent down and kissed her again. Just then the twins congregated a group in front of the kitchen window.


“Bless my soul,” said Mrs. Weasley as she grabbed her husband’s hand.


“All right, all right, give them some privacy!” Tonks said, clearing people away from the window. “You know something, Remus? It amazes me that despite all that is going on, young love can still blossom,” Tonks said this just as she spotted the intertwined Harry and Ginny over in the stairway.
This story archived at http://www.mugglenetfanfiction.com/viewstory.php?sid=53672