I Still Believe In Loving You by Mhulan
Summary: "Ginny, listen... I can't be involved with you anymore. We've got to stop seeing each other. We can't be together."

"It's for some stupid, noble reason, isn't it?"

"It's been like... like something out of someone else's life, these last few weeks with you. But I can't... we can't... I've got things to do alone now."

- Harry Potter and Ginny Weasley, Harry Potter and the Half-Blood Prince

Ginny Weasley thought that falling in love with Harry Potter could last forever. She believed that Harry would never leave her...

But when it comes to the Second War, Harry has more important things to do than spend all his life with Ginny. And sometimes it's hard to let go of someone you love...even if he is "The Chosen One".

A Harry/Ginny Song Fiction! This is based on the song: I Still Believe in Loving You by Sarah Geronimo. (It would really help if you listen to the song because I know not many people have ever heard of it before. My suggestion is you can try finding the song on YouTube.)

Categories: Harry/Ginny Characters: None
Warnings: None
Challenges:
Series: None
Chapters: 5 Completed: No Word count: 14819 Read: 15835 Published: 08/21/07 Updated: 07/28/08
Story Notes:
*There are NO DH Spoilers, which means it won't lead into Harry Potter and the Deathly Hallows. So, it's just a random story I made up! At first I wondered if it's AU, but come to think about it, it doesn't feel like a "what if" story.*

Oh, but it's not just any Harry/Ginny story! It has a side serving of humor (But that depends on how humorous you think it is.) and a little bit of Ron/Hermione romance. So, let's just say it's a Romance/Humor fic.

1. Chapter 1: Leaving the Burrow by Mhulan

2. Chapter 2: A Relationship Drama by Mhulan

3. Chapter 3: A Fight on the Train by Mhulan

4. Chapter 4: Memories by Mhulan

5. Chapter 5: Letters from the Trio by Mhulan

Chapter 1: Leaving the Burrow by Mhulan
Author's Notes:
Ok, this is my first romance/song fiction, so go easy on me if it's not romantic enough for you. I'm not sure if I'm good at writing romance stories, but what matters to me is that I tried my best. Oh, and no offense, but if you ever review me, please don't comment to me that my grammar sucks. I use Microsoft Word to write this out so I won't make mistakes. So, like I said, please go easy on me!

Anyways, this story is based on what happens after Harry broke up with Ginny. It’s not following along into seventh book, but since I love songs and Harry Potter, I couldn’t help, but write it out. It's just like putting two and two together. Sort of like that Romeo and Juliet anime, I think.

Disclaimer: I'm not J.K. Rowling or have her characters. I'm only a Harry Potter fan that loves to make up creative stories. Oh, and I don't own the song. That belongs to Sarah Geronimo, one of the popular Filipina singers in the Philippines. For those of you who know this song, I hope you like it too! Oh, and the only thing I ever owned is the story is my imagination of how the story is going to be. Nothing else.

Enjoy!

(Edited on November 8, 2008)
~ * ~ I Still Believe In Loving You ~ * ~

Just when I thought of love is here to stay

Ginny Weasley was sitting by a glass stain window, thinking in her thoughts as tears slowly pouring down her face.

Why, Harry? Why does it have to be this way?

Thinking about those days being with Harry really felt painful inside her heart. She remembered all those night time strolls outside the Hogwarts grounds under the Invisibility Cloak.

"Care to take a walk with me?" Harry grinned awkwardly, extending his hand.

That smile...that goofy smile that always gets her every time. Why is that smile always makes her feel weak and she can't deny the offer?

"Damn him," cursed Ginny under her breath as she lifted the red sparkling rose to her face. "Why do you have to be such a prat?"

As she twirls the rose, Ginny recalled the times when they were in the Gryffindor Common room, just sitting together on the same comfy armchair by the fireplace.

"Ginny?" he whispered in her ear.

"Yes, Harry?"

"You do know that I love you, right?"


A choke escaped from her lips as she released the red rose from her grasp, causing it to fall gently onto the carpet floor. Ginny curled herself up, covering her eyes with her hands.

All those precious memories with Harry have affected her as Ginny continued to sob silently in her dark small room. The most memory that hurts her most was the day when Harry kissed her after winning in the Quidditch match. All those few weeks were just romantic and a dream come true to her. It was perfect and she believed that love will always stay forever.

Just when I thought you never ever go away

But Ginny’s desire suddenly went to a downfall and shattered into pieces like somebody has placed a wall on the road. It's like Harry's face is also fading away in the mist...or worse. Harry might fall in love with someone else and abandon her for good.

Ginny shook her head. No, I must not think like that. I got to pull myself together.

Staring upward toward the sparkled inky black sky, she remembered Harry talking to her after Professor Dumbledore's funeral:

"Ginny, listen... I can't be involved with you anymore. We got to stop seeing each other. We can't be together."

Ginny frowned at him. She knew it's one of those serious talks. Well, who could blame him?

"Oh, wait. Let me guess. It's for some stupid noble reason, isn't it?"

"It's been like..." But at this point, Harry lost his words. He rubbed his neck as if he was in pain. But he was actually uncomfortable for every second as he continued to stand in front of Ginny.

Taking a deep breath, Harry tried again.

"It's been like something out of someone else's life, these last few weeks with you. But I can't..."

Ginny shook her head. "No..."

"We can't..."

"Don't say that," she whispered softly.

Harry kissed her forehead and strokes her scented flowery hair. "I'm sorry, Ginny. I've got to do things alone now."


That was the last time he spoke to her. Even when he came to the Burrow, Harry couldn't look at her in the eyes when she greeted him. It wasn't the fact that Harry broke up with her that tore her heart, but it was how Harry spoke to Ginny. Yes, Harry did hurt her feelings for breaking up with her. But when Ginny looked into Harry’s bright green eyes, she could sense that Harry doesn’t want her to get captured by Voldemort again just like in her first year at Hogwarts. And Ginny knows how her first year turns out to be: a nightmare. Ginny shivered as she thought about not remembering anything for the past few minutes. Being possessed…. Covered in blood...

So, Ginny can’t blame him for breaking up with her. With the weight of saving the Wizarding World on his shoulders and everyone counting on him, he feels pressured.

Damn the Ministry. If I was in his shoes, I would probably felt the same way.

You said it’s time for you to go

Creak... thump... thump...

Ginny shook out of her thoughts, turning away from the window. She frowned at the door. Somebody or someone was out in the hall and coming downstairs.

Hmm... If I’m right, it must be Harry, Ron, and Hermione trying their best to get out without waking the whole house up. That’s very clever... but not clever enough. Nice try, Harry.

Quietly, Ginny picked up her rose and placed it on her bed. Then, Ginny crept toward her bedroom door, opening her door just large enough for her to hear what's happening outside.

Ginny smiled. Just as I thought, they’re out of their beds.

Meanwhile, a few steps away from Ginny's room, Harry Potter was knocking at Hermione Granger's room.

"Hermione, you awake?"

"Harry, is that you?" she whispered to him.

"Yeah... Who else do you think?"

Hermione rolled her eyes at her friend's sarcasm before she opened her door.

"What is it?"

"It's time."

"Time?” she puzzled. “Time for what... Oh!" A comprehension dawned on Hermione. "Oh, alright... I'll just wake up Ron, then."

Harry nodded as he watched his bushy haired friend climbed up to Ron's room. A few minutes later, Hermione came back along with a groaning and sleepy Ron by her side.

“Harry, are you sure? Why do you want to leave now?” asked Hermione.

“Yeah, shouldn’t we sleep right now? I’m very tired, Harry. Can’t we leave to...tomorrow in the afternoon?” yawned Ron, while at the same time, stretched.

“Guys, how many times do I have to tell you?” Harry whispered fiercely. “If we stay here, eventually Voldemort would find us and it would be my fault if your family gets killed,” Harry added to him. “But if you want to stay behind, it’s fine with me. I didn’t ask for you guys to join me in the first place. I told you two that I’m supposed to do this alone. I told you its too dangerous...”

“Okay, okay! We’ll leave now,” said Hermione. “Just give us a minute to pack our stuff. Come on, Ron, let’s get finish packing.”

"Me? Why me? I don't want to pack my stuff!"

"Oh, yes you will. I've already packed my stuff last night. Come on. I'll even help you pack."

"Well, ok. But can we at least eat breakfast?"

Hermione rolled her eyes on him, groaning. "You're always hungry."

"Yeah…so what’s your point?"

Hermione sighed. "Do you ever stop eating?"

"No."

Hermione shook her head, crossing her arms. "I thought not."

Ginny watched as Hermione and her brother argued all the way to Ron's room, closing the door with a snap.

Realizing that Harry was all alone, she seized her opportunity.

“And where do you think you're going at this late hours, Harry?”

But I’m not sure I really know why you are leaving

Harry whipped out his wand and turned around in surprise to find Ginny right behind him.

"Hey, you don't need to point your wand at me!"

“Ginny! I'm so sorry! You just scared me and I thought you were someone else!” Lowering his wand, he asked, “Why are you still awake? Did I disturb you?”

“No, and the reason is I couldn’t sleep. But never mind about me. Where are you three going?”

"Ginny, you wouldn't believe me if I told you."

"Try me. I dare you," she said, glaring her eyes at him.

Harry raised his eyebrows. “Ginny, shouldn’t you go back to your room?”

“Not until you tell me where you guys are going,” said Ginny firmly, crossing her arms. “And by the way, you're not the boss of me, Harry James Potter. Where ever you go, I want to come too."

Ginny, you wouldn't understand... Sure, you can sometimes be stubborn at times, but you can't always have your answer.

Harry sighed deeply. “Ginny, you can’t come with us; it’s too dangerous of where we’re going. Do you remember what I said when I have to do things alone?”

This remark, however, didn't make Ginny satisfied.

Fine… If that's the way you're going to act, then so be it. I won't give up until you confess, Harry.

“Well, do you remember what I said when I don’t care?” Ginny shot back. “If you said you’re going to do things alone, why are Hermione and Ron coming along with you and not me?”

Ginny… please…. Don't act like this...

“You don’t understand,” muttered Harry.

“Oh, I understand, alright,” Ginny burst out. “You don’t really care about me, do you?”

What? Why would Ginny think like that?

Trying to find a way for a distraction because he felt his cheeks burn red, Harry removed his glasses and cleaned it on his bright blue shirt. “Ginny, I do care about you.”

He cares about me? So, does that mean he still...

“Then, why aren’t you telling me what you’re up to? You let Ron and Hermione into it!” she yelled.

No, why am I yelling at him?

“Ginny, Ron and Hermione are into this because Professor Dumbledore wanted me to. You on the other hand, I can’t tell you. And it’s not just you, but your family and the Order too,” explained Harry as he put his glasses back on. “Look, the less you know, the better.”

Harry turned away from Ginny, his head bowed low in shame.

I'm sorry, Ginny. Please forgive me... I wish I could tell you, but I made a promise.

Anger rose into Ginny’s face, not caring what she was going to scream out. “Harry, I felt like you can’t trust me! If you love me, then why won’t you tell me what’s going on with you? I care about you just like you care about me! You can trust me! Maybe I can get rid of your pain! I want to help you! Don't you know what you mean to me?”

At this, Harry didn't answer. He just remained quiet, not sure what to say or what to do. He wanted to hold her, telling her that it's all right. But Harry felt that he shouldn't. He felt that it's forbidden.

And when we finally said our last goodbye

“Harry, we’re ready!” announced Hermione, carrying her sack and luggage. “Now, let’s…" Then, realizing Ginny for the first time, she cried, "Oh, Ginny, I didn’t know you were awake!”

Harry snorted. By that tone, Harry can tell that Hermione's lying.

She must have heard our conversation while helping Ron pack.

Ha! I knew it! I knew there's something wrong about Harry! Well, I guess I'm going to have a talk with him later.

Staring at Ginny, who was glaring angrily at Harry, who was staring sadly at his shoes, she asked, "Have you two been fighting while we’re packing?”

Does she know? Oh, crud... Just smile and act like nothing happened.

Harry looked up and placed a fake smile on his face. “No, Hermione. We were just…um…" He looked at Ginny for some support before turning back to Hermione. "...We we’re just talking about something else.”

"Yeah, we were talking about Quidditch, that's all," grumbled Ginny, still not taking her eyes off of Harry.

Hermione raised her eyebrows at Harry. “Okay, then. Well, let’s get going. Ron, we’re going now!”

"Wait just a second!"

Hermione stomped her foot, frustrated. "What now?"

"I just need to pack one last thing... Ah, there we go. Okay, I'm coming!" called Ron as he slowly drag his belongings with him. "Oh, no, I dropped my jacket!"

Getting irritated as Ron tried to make a grab for his jacket (then realizing now that his entire clothes were tumbling out of his bag), Hermione hissed, "Come on!"

“Hold your horses, Hermione! I’m coming, I’m coming!” said Ron as he stuffed all his clothes back into his bag. Once Ron looked around himself to make sure he didn't drop anything else, he carried his bag and navy blue jacket over his shoulder. When he spotted Ginny, he asked suspiciously, “Hey, why are you awake? Go back to sleep, Ginny!”

Since when are you involved with this? First, Harry. Now, you’re on his side too?

“No, I won’t go back to bed because I want to come with you guys!”

Oh, no you don't. I'm not letting you come. Mum's going to freak out if she found out Ginny's gone missing. I can't let that happen!

Instead, Ron said, “Ginny, you’re too young to come with us!”

“Well, so are you, Hermione and Harry! And for your information, Ron, I'm a year younger than you! Where are you guys going and why?”

Harry was about to answer that, but it was Hermione who spoke up for him. “Now, Ginny, we can’t tell you what we’re up to. This is Harry’s decision. If he doesn’t want you to know, it's because he cares about your safety. He relies on us because we know Harry needs our help."

Harry nodded as he checked his watch. “Guys, we have to go before morning strikes.”

Hmph! You're just making an excuse so you can find the Horcruxes before You-Know-Who does.

Hermione nodded in agreement. “Well, Ginny. We have to go now. Tell everyone else goodbye for us, alright?”

“And don’t tell anyone that you saw us leaving,” Ron added. Ron hugged Ginny, patting her on the back.

I'll miss you, sis.

“Well, see you, Ginny. Have a nice year in Hogwarts without us.”

“Say hi to Luna and Neville for us, will you? We'll see you soon. We'll write daily to you,” whispered Hermione.

I’ll never make it hard for you
You won’t even see me cry

Ron and Hermione waved at her as they dragged their luggage and bags the rest of the way downstairs. Now, Ginny and Harry are all alone. Harry slowly approached Ginny and gave her a kiss on the cheek.

“This maybe the last time I see you again, but I wanted to give you something before I go.”

Shakily, he pulled out a small present from his robes.

Wow, Harry really is a gentleman giving me something.

Taking it, she asked, “What is it?”

“Open it and find out,” whispered Harry.

"Okay, seriously... What is it?"

"Ginny..."

"Oh, all right! I'll open it, but only because it's from you."

With trembling hands, she carefully removes the ribbon and the wrapping paper pictured with golden snitches. When Ginny opened the velvet red box, her mouth dropped opened in shock. Inside the box is a beautiful thin golden necklace. But what amazes Ginny the most is what's attached to the chain: a magnificent glowing globe that sparkles the entire hall. The colors inside the small orb swirled as though there's some drops of liquid substance or a piece of cloud contained in it.

“What is it?” she questioned. Only this time, Ginny whispered in awe.

“It's a pendant orb communicator. It's like a two-way mirror and a crystal ball."

"What? Do you mean this necklace can predict the future?"

When Ginny said this, Harry couldn't help but chuckle at this humor.

"No, it can't do that."

"Oh."

"But you can be able to talk to me even though I'm far away from you."

"What do I have to do?"

"Just speak my name and my face will appear in there.”

"But wait! Where's yours?"

Harry smiled at Ginny warmly, pointing at the lump in his chest.

“Harry, I don’t know what to say…”

Harry cut her off by placing his hand on her lips.

“Then, don’t say a word. I know you’re trying to thank me, but I don’t need to hear it.”

He came closer to her. They were inches from touching each other. Then, Harry shakily places his hand on Ginny's cheek. Ginny could sense that she's losing oxygen. Her heart is beating twice as fast as it normally is. Ginny felt herself back up against the wall as Harry breathed into her flowery aroma. The last thing before Ginny closed her eyes was his bright green eyes...

When Ginny opened her eyes, Harry whispered, “I love you, Ginny. I’ll always think about you.” And stepping away from her, Harry ran off.

“Harry, wait!” Ginny heard herself cry after him.

And though there are tears inside of me

But Harry ignored the pain inside his chest and didn’t look back. All he wanted now is to run away and never look back. He pushed the front door, his glasses splattered with his tears. It was just too painful in his heart to say goodbye to Ginny. He even wonders if he’ll ever see Ginny again or wrap her in his arms like he done so many times. What if he'll never get to be able to kiss her again...?

I'm gonna let your heart go free

I’m sorry, Ginny. Harry thought as tears continue to run down his cheeks. I just can’t say goodbye to you. You wouldn’t understand what I’m going through. You’re just gonna have to move on with your life.

As Harry ran, he remembered the first time he and Ginny walked outside the Hogwarts grounds together hand in hand. It was a pleasant moment he could never forget.

______________________________________________________________________________

“So, you finally caught on?” asked Ginny as they got out of the Gryffindor Common room. “That took you long enough.”

Harry flushed a shade of pink in his cheeks. “Well, you know how hard it was to notice you. I just didn’t realize that I had feelings for you.”

“Even after how much we spent together over the summer?”

Harry laughed. “Oh and that too.”

Ginny giggled and lace her fingers around his. “So, do you think everyone here in Hogwarts would talk about us?”

“Oh, yeah. They are definitely going to talk about us for weeks. I mean, you never know who would just let the news out.”

“Well," said Ginny thoughtfully. “for one thing, I think one of the fifty witnesses in the Gryffindor Common room would burst out to their friends first thing at breakfast.”

“You mean like Colin?” guessed Harry, raising his eyebrow.

Ginny nodded. “Of course one of them would be Colin. He’s been snapping a ton of pictures of us kissing in front of most of everyone in the Common room, didn’t you notice?”

“Well, the truth is, I didn’t exactly notice that.”

“Oh, really?” whispered Ginny, stopping in her tracks and releasing Harry’s hand. “Then, what did you see?”

Harry stopped too and turned to face Ginny, slowly lifting her chin. “I only saw you. And I don’t care if the whole world knows about us. All I care about is that you’re right by my side.”

“Really?” smiled Ginny. “Does that mean…”

“Yes, Ginny. You’re my girlfriend and no one will replace you in my heart.”

“But… Harry… What about Cho?” Ginny questioned. “I thought you love her?”

Harry put down his hand and looked at Ginny confusedly. “What do you mean?”

Ginny crossed her arms and her face grimace. “I saw you and Cho going together at Valentine’s Day in Hogsmeade. Do you even know how painful it was just watching you be with someone else?”

Harry snorted. “Oh, I’m over her. I realize that she doesn’t care about me. Cho only wanted to get closer to me because she only wanted to talk about Cedric.”

“So, when did you find out?”

Harry cleared his throat, staring down at his shoes. “Well, you saw us together, right?”

“Yes, yes. I did saw you with her...” Ginny said acidly. “But what happened?”

“Well, when Cho and I headed into that…um… What was that tea shop in Hogsmeade?”

“You mean, Madam Puddifoot’s?” suggested Ginny.

“Yeah, that place. Well…”

Harry recounted the story to Ginny of what he remember that day in Madam Puddifoot’s Tea Shop and how Cho reacted to him. When he finished, Ginny seemed satisfied with his tale and her face replace back into her smile.

“So, she wasn’t your type, huh?”

Harry reflected a smile back at her. “Nah, she wasn’t. In the end, I found out she was a human hosepipe.”

At this, Harry and Ginny laughed softly, closing the gap in front of them…


______________________________________________________________________________

“Are you ready, mate?” asked Ron.

“Yeah, let’s go,” said Harry sadly.

“But where’s Ginny?” questioned Hermione.

“Hermione, come on. We should get going.”

“But Harry --”

“Let’s go already!” shouted Harry.

Before you leave

Suddenly, Harry heard a voice called after him. “Harry, wait!”

Harry turned away from Hermione and saw a familiar flaming red haired girl running toward them. “Ginny?”

There’s just one thing
That I want you to know
End Notes:
I know, I admit it. I know your familiar with the breakup between Harry and Ginny from Harry Potter and the Half-Blood Prince. And I know you realize that there are some quotes from the novel itself. Like I said before, anything from the book doesn't belong to me. It belongs to J.K. Rowling. But I did add a little bit of lines that was never put in the books.

So, what do you think? Did I do well with this story so far?
Chapter 2: A Relationship Drama by Mhulan
Author's Notes:
Okay, so I did change and made the chapter longer. I hope that you guys are pleased about that news because I do agree with you: This chapter is too short.

So, I bet you're wondering: What's with the change of the title? Well, put it this way. It's better off with a new title. I mean, after looking at my chapter for a very long time, I had to create... (rolling my eyes and tapping against the desk) something that doesn't seem too short and maybe add something interesting. Well, it wasn't easy, but it was worth the effort.

So, for those of you who are trying to write a story, I can only give you this advice (And that includes you, Maxie! Oh, if your wondering who Maxie is, she's my cousin.): Listen to your radio, CD players, on the computer, or any way to listen to some tunes. It really helps you think of what you wanted to write. And another advice: You can also read a couple of other author's stories in here to get you a good idea. I mean, seriously. It works everytime I'm stump and believe me, there are great writers in here.

So, the moment you all been waiting for.

Let's get into the story!

(Edited on November 8, 2008)
Chapter 2: A Relationship Drama

“Harry, please don’t go!” cried Ginny, wrapping her arms around Harry’s neck.“Harry, please don’t go!” cried Ginny, wrapping her arms around Harry’s neck.

"But Ginny..."

But whatever Harry was going to say, Ginny didn't know or care. Harry, who was shocked that Ginny embraced him, turns red and felt the heat creep up his body. He didn't dare finish his sentence because Harry knows Ginny's going to feel hurt.

"Ginny."

She looked into Harry's face. Harry slowly took Ginny's hands in his, tears threatening to fall from his eyes.

"I'm sorry I ran from you like that. I... It's just that... I can't..."

"Say goodbye to me?"

Harry nodded silently.

"Oh, Harry..."

Then, when Ginny didn't expect it, Harry was embracing her. Ginny was more sad than surprised. So, she pats him on the back and made soothing sounds because Ginny knows how hard it is for Harry to leave her. Ginny smiled as Harry regained himself and kissed her on the cheek.

"Thanks, Ginny."

"Ahem!"

Harry and Ginny gave a start when they notice that Ron and Hermione are also outside. Hermione made a small smile. But Ron, on the other hand, was pale and angry, his eyes shooting daggers right at the couple.

They had forgotten that the two of them are also there. Releasing each other, Harry blushed a shade of crimson red while Ginny was rubbing her left arm, wishing that they didn't see that moment. As Ginny look down at the ground, she never notice how pretty the grass look when it's been watered.

"This is your fault," Harry muttered to Ginny.

"What? My fault?" she mouthed. "What did I do?"

"You hugged me."

Ginny scoffed. "Well, excuse me, Mr. Harry "big tough guy" Potter."

Harry snorted at this. "Well, do you realize that your brother is now pissed out at us?"

"Yeah, like I care what Ron's going to say." Ginny suddenly lowered her voice to imitate her brother. "Ginny, you shouldn't have done this. Ginny, you shouldn't have done that. Ginny, stop..."

"Ginny?"

"What? I was just teasing my brother. What's wrong with...?"

Harry shook his head. "No, Ginny... I mean, look."

Looking up what Harry was pointing at; Ginny giggled when Hermione made a sour face at Ron and nudged him.

"Ron, what was that about?"

“What?”

Harry's lips curled up into a grin. It was one of those "When his best friends argue like an old marrying couple" episodes. But he never butts in or told them his opinion. Throughout the years ever since they first met on the Hogwarts Express, Harry was amused with their quarreling and bickering. At first, he tired many times to make them stop fighting. But then, Harry realizes that when they act like this, it's their way of saying that they love each other.

But to Ginny, her opinion about her brother and Hermione is that it reminds her of two things:

1) Her parents and

2) a soap opera on the Wizarding Wireless Network her mother listen to every Sunday.

Ginny groaned and slapped a hand to her forehead, shaking her head. "Oh, brother… Just what we need: another soap opera starring none other than Ronald Bilius Weasley and Hermione Jane Granger. Harry, how long do you think their argument lasts?"

Harry sighed. "Well, that depends. Their argument could last up to a week or two. That or they might reach to the limit of not talking to each other for a while."

Getting tired of standing, Harry reached for his trusty holly and phoenix feather wand. He gave a deep sigh as he conjured two black leather couches and a wooden polished table in between them. Then, with another flick of his wand, the table was occupied with all sorts of sweets you can imagine: licorice wands and sugar quills from small to extra large, chocolate frogs, fizzing whisbees, pumpkin pasties, a bowl of Bertie Botts Every Flavor Beans, and many packets of jelly slugs. There were so many kinds of sweets, Ginny couldn't name more than that.

"But wait. Where's the..."

Harry chuckled as he watched that Ginny's eyes grew wide as marbles. With another swish of his wand, a pitcher of pumpkin juice and butterbeer appeared with another table, this time a rectangular one, in front of the couches.

Offering his hand to Ginny, Harry asked, "Would you like to sit on a chair than stand here? I have refreshments. Care for some?"

Ginny grinned. It's like he can read my mind.

She took his hand.

"Sure. I rather be by your side with you any day. That and it’s only because I hadn't ate since this afternoon."

Harry laughed. It was the first time in days that Ginny saw Harry in a good mood and she couldn't help but laugh too. Propping into one of the leather couches, she grabbed a chocolate frog as she watched the scene unfold.

"And now, let the show begin!" announced Harry as he helped himself to a licorice wand and sat in the other chair.

Ginny giggled as she imagined a stage and the spotlight on them. In fact, what really made her bite her knuckles is when Harry did conjure a stage and spotlighted them. But Ron and Hermione hardly know what they're laughing about. They pretended that Harry and Ginny wasn't there at all. It was only just them, Ron and Hermione.

Meanwhile, Hermione crossed her arms and tapped her foot on the ground, rolling her eyes at him. Whenever Hermione does that, she acted like Mrs. Weasley.

“They were having a moment and you just decided to interrupt?”

“But Hermione…” Ron whined.

"Drama much," Ginny whispered for only Harry to hear.

Harry nodded. "Well, that's how they are."

Hermione sighed, putting her hand up to silence him. “Ron, did you know I’m getting tired of you whining about your sister being with Harry?”

Ginny imitated Hermione putting her hand. "I bet that means "Talk to the hand!"

Harry choked in his cup of butterbeer as he watched Ginny got up, pretending to be Hermione like scribbling notes and scolding at Ron.

"Shh... You're interrupting the play," hissed Harry.

Ginny made an innocent puppy dog eyes as she sat back down to her seat. Her tone changed into a five year old.

"I'm sorry. I promise I won't ever do it again."

They grew silent as they turned back to watch Ron and Hermione's row...

“But Hermione, you don’t understand what it’s like to be the older sibling! Ginny’s my sister and I can’t stand it when my sister is dating someone!”

Hermione groaned.

"Ooo... Now you’re going to get it," muttered Ginny. "Here comes the blow..."

"What are you...?"

But Harry's question was answered as Hermione started shouting.

“Oh, just grow up, Ronald Weasley! You know Ginny is not a little girl anymore!"

"Yeah, but…”

But at that point, Hermione shrieked like a bird. No, a banshee!

"Aren't you happy for Ginny that she loves Harry?"

"Well, yeah. But..."

"Answer me, god damn it!"

"Okay, okay! Yes, okay? Happy?" responded Ron as he shield from Hermione's wrath.

“Then, what’s your problem with having your sister hugging Harry?” said Hermione in a deadly whisper.

“But… Hermione…”

Hermione groaned impatiently. "What am I going to do with you, Ronald?"

"Please, Hermione..."

“Just shut your pothole up, Ron! I mean, honestly! I’m tired of you acting like a four year old child!”

“And what’s that supposed to mean?”

"Harry, I think it's our cue to break up this drama," muttered Ginny.

Harry nodded. "Good idea."

Harry got up and took his wand out to disappear everything that he conjured before, including the stage and spotlights. Then, he whistled to them.

"Okay, that's enough out of you lovebirds."

Ron turned to face Harry, shocked. "What?"

Hermione blushed. "Excuse me?"

"Lovebirds?" they said in unison.

"Who are you calling lovebirds?" croaked Ron.

Harry and Ginny look at each other before responding together in unison, "Well, you guys are."

"What?" Ron and Hermione said together.

Hermione laughed. "That's ridiculous, Harry!"

"Oh, yeah? Prove it," Ginny piped up.

"Well..." She raised her finger, and then sat it back down again. Sighing, Hermione said, "Come on, Ron. Let's give Harry and Ginny some alone time."

"What? You're giving them some alone time?"

"Yes, now let's go."

"Oh, no. You and Ginny..."

"Ron!"

"But Hermione..."

“Oh, no… Not again! Don’t you “but Hermione” me!” Hermione scolded. “We’re going to give them privacy while I’ll have a chat with you, Ronald Weasley, whether you like it or not!”

When Hermione spoke these words, Ron eyed her with raised eyebrows. Then, to Harry’s and Ginny’s surprise, he softened his tone to calmness. “All right, Hermione, have it your way. I’ll let them have their alone time.”

“You darn right they should… Wait… What did you say?” asked Hermione.

“I said have it your way, Hermione. I’ll let them have their privacy,” Ron repeated slowly.

Speechless, Hermione stared at Ron as if he just surprised her with a birthday gift. “Well then, good. L… Let’s go.”

“Hold on. I just need to talk to Harry,” muttered Ron.

Hermione nodded silently in agreement and waited by a nearby beech tree. Ron walked towards Harry and places a hand on his shoulder. It wasn’t the kind of firm grip, but more of a soft gentle grip on Harry’s shoulder.

“Harry, just don’t hurt my sister again, alright? I just can’t stand it when Ginny… Well, you know…” said Ron, looking at Ginny sadly.

“Ron,” replied Harry. “You know I never wanted to hurt your sister in the first place. I just wanted to do that because… well…You know, with the Wizarding World and all…”

A dawning comprehension struck on Ron’s face. “Oh, so that’s why… well… Good luck, mate. You’re gonna need it,” Ron grinned, clapping Harry’s shoulder.

“Thanks, Ron,” whispered Harry.

“Hey. No problem, Harry. I… I better go now.”

Harry nodded and watched as Ron and Hermione walking hand in hand while their other hands were holding their wands aloft.

“Harry.”

Harry spun around to face Ginny. “Yes?”

Ginny approached Harry, her brown chocolate eyes reflecting the full moon. “Can we talk?”

Harry smiled warmly. “Sure, we can. We have all the time we need.”

“Well, there was something I wanted to say before you go, but you ran off. Why did you?”

Harry sighed deeply, staring down at his shoes. “It’s complicated. You wouldn’t understand.”

I still believe in loving you

Ginny places a hand on Harry’s cheek, making him look up into her face. “Try me.”

“Ginny, I don’t know if I could…”

Inspite of all the hurt that I’m going through

“Please… I need to know what’s bothering you.”

“Ginny…”

Even if again and again you would break my heart

“Please?” she whispered pleadingly.

Harry noticed that Ginny was getting to the point of crying.

Wow, she really is the perfect girl… Harry thought admirably. No, she wasn’t a little girl or just Ron’s little sister… Ginny blossomed into a beautiful young woman!

One thing would never change

Harry kissed her on the cheek, wiping tears from her eyes with his thumbs. “Okay, I’ll try you.”

Ginny grinned up at him. “Now, where were we exactly?” she teased, her fingers creeping playfully on Harry’s jacket. “Oh, now I remembered…”

“Wait a minute, what exactly…”

But before he spoke any further, Ginny grabbed him by the collar, bringing his lips to hers. Harry and Ginny closed their eyes, giving every passion they have left in their hearts.

I still believe in loving you
End Notes:
Man, just writing about Harry conjuring those sweets and drinks makes me thirsty. (Then, out of nowhere, a cup of chocolate milk appears.)

Hey, where did you come from? Oh, well. It doesn't matter. Yes, I know there is a little bit Ron/Hermione moment there, but that's the way I created this story.

So, could you please tell me what you think about my story so far? It would be much appreciated if you did because it really gives me confidence to keep writing. Thanks! =)
Chapter 3: A Fight on the Train by Mhulan
Author's Notes:
Okay, if this is not good enough, I don't know what is because I'm running out of ideas in this chapter. So, I hope this is worth the wait.

You see, I've been working on this for a long time like correcting it and adding a little more to it, right? But just as I was working on this chapter, the computer froze in front of me twice in one day! Can you believe that? I was really angry when I had to start over and rewrite the whole thing over again! And that was really frustrating! But now that I finally finish writing this chapter, I'm very pleased and relieved.

Alright, just like before, I made this chapter part humorous and a little romance moment. I don't own any of the characters or the entire Wizarding World. J.K. Rowling creates all this. Without her, I wouldn't be here writing this story.

So, sit back, relax, and let's continue with this story.

(Edited on November 8, 2008)
Chapter 3: A Fight on the Train

If you would tell me that you'll be all right

“Ginny? Hey, Ginny! Hey, you in there? Hey, earth to Ginny!”

“Huh?”

She turned her attention away from the window to face Colin Creevey, a fellow Gryffindor that’s been her best friend since second year. But Colin isn’t the only person in the compartment. Neville Longbottom, another Gryffindor student who was in his seventh year, stopped examining his Minimbulus Mimbletonia and looked up when Colin questioned Ginny. While Luna Lovegood, a strange yet intelligent sixth year Ravenclaw student, was flipping through pages of the newest edition, the Quibbler, but listening in the conversation all the same. Ginny felt uncomfortable whenever her friends are looking at her like she done something wrong.

“Oh, did I miss something?”

“I asked if you’re alright,” questioned Colin.

I’ll never let you see me blue

Ginny grinned at him. “Oh, I’m sorry. Did you say something?”

“Ginny! How could you not…”

She giggled at Colin’s outburst. “Just kidding!”

“Ginny!”

“Hey, I’m just messing with you!” she laughed.

Neville joined in the laughter. Colin, who realized that Ginny was toying him, tried to make a straight face at Ginny, but failed and laughed too. Luna ignored it and continued looking at the Quibbler and every once in awhile hold it in different angles. The laughter didn’t last forever throughout the travel in the Hogwarts Express and by the time Ginny controls herself, she stared at the window once more, giving a long sigh. Colin was aware of his best friend’s mood swings.

“Okay seriously, Ginny,” wondered Colin. “What’s wrong?”

“Really, Colin! It’s nothing!” Ginny said firmly to him without looking away.

Colin frowned at her. “Are you sure?”

Ginny nodded. “I’m sure.”

“Okay…”

With nothing left to say, Colin stopped interrogating her and decided to walk over to Luna, interested in what she was looking at in the Quibbler.

But Ginny knows that she only said that just to push Colin away from the truth.

Colin, you wouldn’t understand even if you are my best friend.

As the train moves on, Ginny watched as the train was passing trees and mountains, listening to the clanking against the rails…

__________________________________________________________________________________

“Good morning, Mum!” called Ginny. “Mum?”

Only the silence greeted her.

Ginny frowned. Where is she?

“Mum?”

She headed into the kitchen, hoping that her mother is cooking breakfast.

“Mum? Are you in here?”

No answer.

“Huh, that’s funny. Mum always cooks breakfast the moment I wake up.”

But what if she left a note?

So, Ginny searched throughout the kitchen for that small piece of paper. After several minutes scurrying around, Ginny didn’t find any note in the kitchen.

“Well, that’s strange. Whenever Mum goes out somewhere, she always leaves a note so we won’t worry about her.” Maybe she’s still asleep.

But just as Ginny was about to head upstairs, she heard wailing.

“Where’s that coming from?” whispered Ginny.

Following the sound, Ginny could sense that each step leads her closer to it. When she turns a corner, she found the source of the noise: Mrs. Weasley. She had her back on Ginny, wailing and sobbing in her handkerchief.

“Mum? Is everything all right?”

Her mother shook her head.

As Ginny walked cautiously to her, she asked, “What’s wrong?”

Her mother didn’t answer, but she only pointed at something on the table. Ginny came closer to see what she was pointing at: a letter. But it was not just any letter, it was Harry’s. Ginny could tell it was his letter because of his untidy fast paced handwriting. She lifted the letter up to her face and approached to the window to see well. As she read the letter, her eyes watered and each tear was falling onto the paper. The reason Ginny was crying wasn’t because she was sad, but it was how much she was happy to read something from Harry.

Dear Mrs. Weasley,

Thanks for taking me here over the summer. I’m sorry I have to leave, but it’s for the best. I tried to tell Ron and Hermione that I was going to do the journey alone, but unfortunately they insisted on coming along with me. So, what can I do? They’re my best friends and you know how stubborn they are.

Oh, if you’re gonna write to us; don’t tell them that I said that. I’m going to be the one reading letters from you or your family so eventually they’ll know. They would probably kill me or they could throw me in the lake and make me freeze there for a long time. (By the way, Ron suggested this. Oh, and he told me that he's gonna push me off the cliff if I hurt Ginny’s feelings again in a letter.) Well, at least I don’t have to worry about him wanting to hunt me and kill me. That would make his life easier and the world would be doom. But like that’s ever gonna happen! Trust me!

Anyways, enough of this funny business!

Let me get serious to the point. The reason I…I mean we left is because for your family’s safety. I pointed it out to Ron that if we stayed here instead of saving the Wizarding World, your family would be in danger. I just can’t let that happen! Your family is the only ones that are close to me that treat me like I’m home. And I’m grateful that you accepted me as your son. In fact, your family is better than the Dursley’s. I mean seriously, they treat me like I’m some sort of slave or a robot.

Great, I’m ranting again! Look, all I’m saying is that you have to understand that it’s my destiny. Everyone in the Wizarding World is counting on me to defeat him. And I can’t let him hurt more innocent people and watch them all die one by one. So, please understand that what I’m doing is right and that you have to trust me on my decisions. I’m not just doing it for your family; I’m doing it to bring peace to the entire world. I hope you know that I had to do this even if too young to…Well, die. But don’t think I’ll die!

I’ll be alright! Great, I’m running out of ink and my hand’s cramping! Well, I better end this letter before all the ink disappears. Oh, and Ginny, if you’re reading this, I want you to know that you mean everything to me. That’s why I didn’t want you to come along. I don’t want him to capture you again like before. So, I hope you understand that I made that choice because I wanted to keep you from harm. Please know that I love you so much.

Love,

Harry


__________________________________________________________________________________

But I'll keep our love alive

Oh, Harry. Please be careful, wherever you are.

“Something on your mind, Ginny?” asked Luna, peering above her newest edition of the Quibbler. “Any brain freeze fairies inside?”

Ginny turn her direction on Luna, confused. “Come again?”

“You know, brain freeze fairies. I thought everyone knows about them!”

“I never heard of them,” replied Neville, a little nervous. “Can they bite you?”

“No, much worse,” exclaimed Luna, her mystic like blue eyes widened. “They enter inside your ears when you least expected it. Then, while your mind wanders off, the freeze brain fairies will use their powers to mess up your brain and use you as a puppet.”

“Then, what?” asked Colin interestingly.

“Colin, don’t encourage her,” muttered Ginny. “You’re scaring Neville!”

“And why not?” asked Colin to Ginny. “I really want to know about these freeze brain fairies! They sound very amusing!” He turned back to face Luna. “Go on, Luna, please. Tell us what else they do,” he added excitedly.

“Well, when you sneeze, cough, or breathe into people, they’ll spread some frost dust onto the next victim and pretty soon dominate the world,” explained Luna darkly.

“Ahh! I don’t want freeze brain fairies inside my head!” cried Neville, clutching his toad, Trevor, tightly.

“Then, I suggest you should bring this,” advised Luna. She laid her magazine down to search into her bag and pulled out a jar of strange creatures that looks like fuzzy aqua cotton balls with long ears.

Colin poked at the jar nervously. He jumped with fright, shocked that the creatures are breathing inside it. “What are they?”

“They’re magic dust bunnies. They capture freeze brain fairies and eat them. My father found some while we’re in the mountains,” said Luna cheerily. “Here, take some.”

Just when Neville was about to protest, the compartment door slide open to reveal Romilda Vane. Ginny’s head snapped at her direction, feeling hate and loathing surging through her body. Romilda and Ginny hated each other ever since last year.

“Well, well… if it isn’t Ginny Weasley and her pathetic friends. Say, where’s Harry and his companions? Aren’t they attending Hogwarts this year?”

“None of your business, Romilda! Now, move along!” spat Ginny.

“Oh, yeah?” sneered Romilda. “So, what you think going to do about it if I don’t?”

Ginny got out of her seat, holding her wand threateningly at Romilda’s face.

“Ooo, I’m shaking and quivering with fear,” said Romilda sarcastically, holding out her arms above her head. “Go ahead, Weasley… I dare you to jinx me… If you have the guts, that is.”

“Ginny, I don’t think it’s a good…”

“Stay out of this, Colin! This is between me and her,” she snarled.

When she mentioned the word her, Ginny spat the word venomously like it was a swear word. The two girls circled around the compartment like wolverines, anger firing inside their hearts. Neville and Colin stared helplessly as Ginny and Romilda were clutching their wands tightly, ready to strike at one another. Then, out of nowhere, a few more students filed in to see what the fuss is about.

“Hey, what’s going on?”

“Ginny and Romilda are having a fight.”

“Oh, this I got to see!”

“Don’t worry, Ginny! We’re all supporting you!” cried Colin.

“I bet Ginny Weasley’s going to pound her!”

“Don’t listen to them, Romilda! Show her what you got!”

“I bet ten sickles on Romilda!” one Ravenclaw girl cried out.

“Fifty sickles on Romilda!” claimed a Gryffindor boy.

“I bet a hundred galleons on Romilda!”

Ginny rolled her eyes. Hmph! Well, so much for support! Thanks a lot, guys! You’re a big help! Not!

“Okay, maybe just a few of us,” Colin corrected. “But don’t let them lose your confidence. Neville, Luna, and I are still on your side!”

“Ooo… What’s this? Is little Ginny’s friends cheering for her while the rest are cheering for me? Ah, that’s so sweet,” said Romilda in a mock baby voice. "Maybe they have less confidence on you, thinking you're nothing but some second rate and a wannabe!"

Ginny gritted her teeth. “Shut up, Romilda. Go back to your compartment now or this can get ugly.”

Ignoring the warning, she asked, “So, where’s Harry? Aren’t you two together?”

“It’s none of your business, Romilda! Now leave or else…”

Romilda pointed her wand at her throat. She had that fire dancing in her eyes. “Make me.”

“Okay, it’s go time!”

“Bring it on, Weasley!”

Ginny plunged at Romilda. There were flashes of lights and then…

Everyone gasped. Then, everyone started bursting out in laughter.

Colin decided that it’s time to act. “Ginny! Hey, move aside! Get out of my way!”

He walked over to her, crouched down onto the floor. “Ginny! Are you all right?”

Ginny wiped the blood from her lips. She had bruises and cuts, but other than that, she was still in one piece.

“I’m fine, Colin.”

“Are you sure?”

“Colin, I just said I’m fine!”

“Okay, but I was just checking! Are you sure though? I can get you something! Okay, then how many fingers I'm holding up?”

“Colin, you can stop now!”

“Okay, okay! It’s just for a second ago; I thought I was going to rip my hair if something bad happens to you!”

Ginny rolled her eyes at him. “Ha, ha… That’s very funny, Colin.”

“Do you want some help getting up?”

“Yes, that would be nice.”

Colin grinned as he stretched his hand for her. Grabbing it, Ginny brought herself back up, brushing the dirt away from her skirt as she stared down at Romilda, satisfied.

“Ha! It serves you right for not listening to me!” Ginny cried out in triumphant.

One of Romilda’s friends got up to Romilda and helped her up. Romilda glared her sharp green eyes at Ginny angrily. She grabbed her hood and pulled it over her face, stowing her wand away in her robes.

“I hate you,” she muttered.

“Well, I feel the same way,” said Ginny coolly. “Now get out of here.”

“All right! Show’s over folks! Let’s go!” barked Colin. “There’s nothing else to see here! Move along!”

Everyone filed out of the compartment immediately, whispering to their friends about the fight.

“Oh, my god, did you see that?”

“Can you believe it?”

“Ginny Weasley had beaten Romilda Vane. Who would have thought that could happen?”

“I didn’t see that coming!”

Finally, when everyone else left the compartment, only Ginny, Neville, Colin, Luna, Romilda, and her friends remain. “Let’s go, Romilda,” muttered one of her friends.

“Wait! Let me talk to her first!”

Ginny raised her eyebrows as Romilda approached her. They were the same height, face to face. She pointed a finger at her.

“Listen, Weasley,” said Romilda in deadly whisper. “This is not over! I’ll get you yet! You’ll pay for this!”

And without another word, Romilda turn on her heel and stomped out of the compartment with her friends behind her. Just as Ginny was about to shut the compartment door closed, Ginny smirked when she noticed the white long tail swishing back and forth in Romilda’s wake.

“No, this isn’t over,” Ginny muttered. “This fight is just the beginning of a rivalry.”

Luna looked up from her Quibbler and asked, “So did I miss something?”

Neville and Colin stared at her in amazement.

“You mean you don’t know what happen?” asked Neville, astonished.

Luna shook her head. “No, but we’re almost there to Hogwarts. Look, I can see the castle from here.”
End Notes:
Hey, isn't this like when Harry and Draco are against each other? Well, you do remember that in Harry Potter and the Half-Blood Prince when Romilda was furious when she saw Harry and Ginny kissed in the Gryffindor Common room? So, I thought it could be interresting if Ginny has a rivalry. But I can't tell you the full details of what happened in their fight or I would have changed the ratings. Believe me, you wouldn't want to know what occured in their struggle.

Oh, and another thing. If you're wondering how I end up thinking about some humorous stuff, let's just say I watched some sort of anime Abridged series on YouTube that made me laugh. I just couldn't help but put them in. The only difference is that it's in Harry Potter version. But most of them came from what I read and what I watch on television. =)

So, what do you think? Please write a review for me. Thanks!
Chapter 4: Memories by Mhulan
Author's Notes:
Okay, I did this on Wednesday, June 18, 2008. I'm so happy that you guys are still into this story! So, I give a bow to all my readers out there.

Well, let's talk about the story. I was writing this chapter, right? As always, I was listening to a variety of songs on YouTube. Well, while I was typing and searching for some songs to listen, when I came across a great song that could never get out of my head. So, I went, "Alright, let me put this song in."

Readers: Oh, but wait! Aren't you still on I Still Believe In Loving You song?

Mhulan: Why, yes I am.

Readers: Then, why are you putting another song in here?

Mhulan: Well, to tell you the truth, I can't tell you until you finish reading this chapter. Yes, I know. That's a disappointing answer, isn't it? Well, I'm sorry. Really! I can't tell you because that means I spoiled a bit of my story. And that's no fun at all!

Anyways, all I can say is the following song that's also with I Still Believe In Loving You doesn't belong to me. It belongs to a male singer that you probably know. He's known to be a special guest in this story! So, enough of my bragging. I know you can't wait to get into it. So, enjoy reading, my fellow readers!

(Edited on November 8, 2008)
Chapter 4: Memories

“Ahh… It’s good to be back at Hogwarts!” said Colin, smelling the fresh air and feeling the cool breeze.

Luna nodded. “Yes, and I hope there’s pudding.”

“Luna, Hogwarts always serves pudding,” stated Ginny as she stepped off the train.

Then, somewhere in the distance, Ginny heard the familiar loud voice over the sea of students. “First years! First years, come this way!”

“Come on, guys!”

“Hey, wait for us, Ginny!”

Colin, Luna, and Neville followed Ginny as she made her way toward Rubeus Hagrid, the Hogwarts gamekeeper and Care of Magical Creatures teacher.

“Hey, Hagrid! Over here!” cried Ginny.

“Huh?” Hagrid squinted his eyes and lifting his lantern up. “Well, if it isn’t Ginny Weasley!”

Ginny grinned up at him. “How was your summer, Hagrid?”

“Mine? Well, it wasn’ too bad. Gwarp’s doin’ great and he’s improved his behavior.”

“Who’s Gwarp?” asked Neville.

“He’s Hagrid’s half brother,” explained Ginny. “He’s been taking care of him ever since he returned to Hogwarts in my fourth year. Harry told me all about him.”

“Oh, so that’s where you’ve gone!” said Colin.

“Speakin’ of Harry, where is he? And Ron and Hermione?” boomed Hagrid. “Aren’t they attendin’ Hogwarts too?”

And though I’m feeling incomplete

All of a sudden, Ginny felt her heart and stomach twisted in a knot. Ginny felt that she lost her appetite. She felt like her heart has been torn apart from her. Ginny forgot that Harry, Ron, and Hermione weren’t coming to Hogwarts this year. She suddenly felt like breaking down and cry on the bed that’s awaiting her in the girl’s dormitory. She felt that her world had simply melted away.

“Ginny?” asked Colin.

Ginny covered her eyes. She was shaking violently; it was nothing to do with the weather.

“Ginny? Are you alright?” whispered Neville.

“I miss Harry,” she muttered.

“Oh, Ginny,” mumbled Colin, wrapping his arms around her. “It’s okay. Don’t cry. I know you miss Harry.”

"Why? What’s going on? Did something bad happen to them?” panicked Hagrid.

“No, Hagrid. Harry, Ron, and Hermione aren’t coming to Hogwarts this year. You see, they’re off on a mission,” Neville piped up.

“A mission?” puzzled Hagrid. “What kind of mission?”

Colin shrugged. “We don’t know exactly. But we suspected it has to do with defeating You-Know-Who.”

Ginny… Ginny, can you hear me?

What? Who’s there?

It’s me, Ginny.

Harry? Where are you?

Ginny, remember the pendant orb communicator I gave you? Use it.


Ginny opened her eyes, removing her hands to her face. Either it was her conscious or she was hearing things, Ginny took Harry’s advice. She slowly searches out for the thin golden chain from underneath her collar shirt. When she pulled out the hidden chain from her shirt, her pendant orb communicator sparkled out into the night. In a swirl of colors, Harry’s face appeared on the globe.

“Ginny, I heard you crying. Is anything the matter?”

“Harry!” squealed Ginny.

She holds the tiny orb to her lips, kissing every inch of it.

“Ginny, I miss you too. But can you please not mark the orb? You’re fogging it up,” laughed Harry.

Ginny blushed and held the orb to her face. “Oh, oops! Sorry, Harry.”

Harry grinned weakly at her. “It’s alright, Ginny. I’m cool with that.”

“Hey, Harry!” cried Colin, Neville, Luna, and Hagrid together.

Harry turned and waved out to them. “Oh, hey guys! What’s up?”

They shrugged. “Not much. How about you?”

Harry rolled his eyes. “Oh, I’m just busy. You know camping here and there, going into places, that sort of thing. So, anyways, I was just checking if you guys made it to Hogwarts on time.”

“Hey, Harry.”

“Yes, Ginny?”

“How are Ron and Hermione? Are they getting along well?”

Harry turned his head and look back at Ginny. “Uh-oh, speaking of them… Hey! Guys, quit pushing!”

“Harry, move aside!”

Harry turned to Hermione. “Not now, Hermione. Can’t you see I’m talking to this lot?”

“I don’t care! It’s my turn!”

“Hey! I want to see my sister!” cried Ron.

Harry pushed them aside, raising the orb over their heads. “Bugger off, this pendant orb communicator is mine! You hear me? Stay away!”

Hermione scoffed. “I can’t believe you didn’t tell us that you gave Ginny a pendant orb communicator! I mean, seriously! They’re rare, Harry!”

“Yeah, why didn’t you give us one?” yelled Ron.

“Hey, it’s none of your business whether I give you one or not!”

“Tell us where you get them!” demanded Hermione.

“Heck, no! I’m not telling you guys! Get your hands off me!”

Ginny gasped when she saw Ron and Hermione pulled out their wands and pointed at him.

“Don’t make us jinx you, Harry!” snarled Ron.

“Uhh… Fine! I’ll let you talk to Ginny. Just don’t break it, you no good…”

Harry turned to Ginny. “Well, sorry you had to see that. Well, I’ll let you talk to Ron and Hermione now.”

Ginny watched as he gave Hermione the necklace.

Hermione glared at Harry before turning to her. “Hey, Ginny! How’s it going?”

Ginny shrugged. “I’m doing fine now that I’m talking to you lot. How about you and Ron? You guys getting along well?”

“Well, we’re doing okay. We just want you to know that we’re doing our best to stop You-Know-Who.”

“Ha! I told you so!” cried Colin.

Ginny raised her eyebrows at him. “Colin…”

“Oh, I’m sorry. Carry on with your conversation.”

Ginny glared at Colin before turning back to Hermione. “So, have you guys got any progress on what you’re up to?”

“What? Did Harry tell you?” Hermione burst out.

“Huh?”

“Harry…" Hermione turned her direction at him. "You got some explaining to do.”

Harry frowned at her. “What? I didn’t tell her!”

“Hey, let me have my turn!”

“Uhh… Here, Ron,” said Hermione, giving Ron the orb.

“Hey, Ginny!”

“Hi, Ron! So, did you ask Hermione out yet?”

“What? Who told you?”

Ginny rolled her eyes and sighed. “No one did. Don’t think I didn't notice you goggling at Hermione from time to time.”

Ron blushed a shade of pink. “Here you go, Harry.”

“Uhh… It’s about time!”

He snatched the necklace from him, avoiding Hermione’s piercing glare. “Well, Ginny. We got to get some rest. Just remember I’ll always be here for you.”

“You mean in this orb?”

Harry nodded. “I love you, Ginny.”

“I love you too.”

Ginny noticed Harry smiling at her before the mist clouded him up.

She then turned to her friends. “So, why don’t we head inside the castle? It’s a lot warmer there than staying in this breezy weather.”

“I agree,” added Colin.

* * * * * * *

“Good night, Ginny.”

Ginny yawned and waved at Colin. “Good night.”

Colin turned his direction away from the fire. “Hey, Ginny?”

Ginny turned away from the stairs to face him. “Yeah?”

“Are you going to be alright?”

Ginny blinked at him. “Of course... I’ll be fine. I just need some time to get used to being apart from Harry, that’s all.”

“Oh, I see…” muttered Colin. “It’s just that…”

Ginny placed her hand upon his shoulder. “Colin, you can tell me,” she whispered comfortably.

Colin sighed. “Well, what if Harry… Well, you know…” He squeezed his arm, lowering his head. “Can’t save the Wizarding World all by himself? I mean, sure he’s the Boy Who Lived, but what if something goes wrong?”

Colin looked up to take in Ginny’s appearance: Her face was pale as if her color was drained from her. Her once sparkling brown eyes have now turned into a lost and spaced out trance.

He bit his lip, realizing that what his fears were just as expected. “Sorry, I didn’t mean to say that… It’s just…”

“Colin, it’s okay. You don’t need to explain anything to me,” said Ginny quietly.

“I… I don’t?” he stuttered dryly.

She shook her head. “Colin, you don’t seem to know Harry that well. Harry is brave and full of courage in him.”

“Really?” pondered Colin.

Ginny nodded silently. “He faced many dangers and challenges before to save the Wizarding World like remember the time when Hogwarts was in big danger it almost closed down?”

“You mean… You mean the Chamber of Secrets does exist?” Colin asked fearfully. “And… And does that mean that huge serpent was real?”

“Well, yes… It does exist…” whispered Ginny softly.

“Then… Hang on! I encountered a big serpent while I was on my way to visit Harry at the Hospital Wing in my first year!”

Ginny walked a few distance away from Colin, facing the window. Colin’s eyes followed where Ginny is, giving her a worried expression in him, wondering where she was getting at. He heard a couple of various choices of swore words under breath as her curtain of bright red hair obscured her face. She rubbed her arms nervously and bit her lip guiltily. Ginny was mumbling words that Colin couldn’t comprehend.

“Ginny, I can’t quite hear you. I’m afraid you’re gonna have to speak louder.”

“Sorry, Colin…” She cleared her throat and turned to face him again. “Colin, about the serpent…” she started slowly.

“Yeah… What about it?”

“Well, that big serpent you saw was partly my fault,” she muttered darkly.

“What? How is it your fault?” he puzzled quizzically. “Please sit down and tell me.”

Ginny wasn’t sure what made her do it, but she obeyed and sat herself down on the red velvet armchair close by his. Her eyes were clouded in the ember colors of the crackling fire as she spoke. “I don’t think I should tell you. You might not be my best friend anymore if I scared you out.”

Colin grabbed her hand, causing Ginny to look into his face. “Ginny… You can trust me. I won’t runaway and I’ll never stop being your friend no matter what.”

“You promise?”

Colin nodded affirmatively.

Ginny felt her lips curled into a smile. “Colin, you’re the greatest.”

Colin returned a smile to reflect hers. “Well, I try…”

And so, Ginny told the events what happened to her when she discovered a diary in her cauldron when she was searching in her trunk for her textbook for potions class. She told the details how it possessed her when she wrote into the diary and it felt like a friend to trust. Colin was listening without flinching as she told the attacks that occurred in the school from the threatening bloody messages on the walls to the petrified students including him.

“I told you I done those things,” mumbled Ginny, twiddling her fingers uncomfortably.

“Yeah, but you didn’t really do it. That diary possessed you and you didn’t even know it then,” he replied reassuringly.

“Wait, there’s more…”

“More?”

Ginny nodded. “When I eventually made the connection between the attacks and the diary, I knew I had to get rid of the diary somewhere.”

“What did you do?”

“Well…”

Ginny continued the story how she tried to get rid of the diary in Moaning Myrtle’s bathroom by flushing it down to how shocking that Harry has somehow got it. She shook when she finished the tale of what she last remembers before she blacked and Harry came to her rescue.

“I thought I was going to get expelled at first, but I guess when Harry told them about how he and Ron solved about the attacks, they only seemed to be relieved that I’m alright,” explained Ginny.

“Well, I’m glad that you’re still around,” smiled Colin.

“Me too,” she agreed. “Okay, now that’s out of my chest, why did you worry about me so much?”

Colin sat back against his armchair and once again stared at the fire. “Oh, no reason… I’m just worried about you as a friend, that’s all.”

Ginny stood up with a warming glow in her eyes. Her sparkle seems have to return in her face. “Oh... alright then...”

“Well, good night, Ginny,” Colin mumbled.

Ginny smiled. “Hey, Colin…”

“Yes, Ginny?” he mumbled. “What is it?”

“Thanks.”

Colin turned his direction at Ginny. He raised his eyebrows.

“For what, Ginny?” he said surprisingly.

Ginny shrugged her shoulders. “You know, for being a good friend and staying by my side.”

“Oh, it’s nothing, really.”

“Okay…”

Believing there was nothing left to say, Ginny climbed up the steps to the girl’s dormitory. Just as she was about to turn the doorknob, she turn to look down at Colin.

“No,” said Ginny. “It’s not. It means a lot to me that you’re always there for me even when Harry’s not around. So, thank you.”

Colin smiled at her. “You’re welcome, Ginny.”

“Okay, good night!”

“Good night, Ginny.”

I guess that this is what you need

As Colin watched Ginny shut the door behind her, Colin was buried inside his thoughts.

Ginny, I hope you’ll be alright. It’s just upsetting that you’re moping over Harry. Maybe some alone time would do her good in her dormitory…

* * * * * * *

Ginny flopped herself onto her bed and stared at the ceiling sadly. She wasn’t going to bother changing into her nightdress. Ginny closed her eyes and heaved a long sigh.

Uhh… I can’t sleep! I might as well get up.

Ginny opened her eyes and pushed herself out of the bed. She slowly approached to the window and sat down on the cold hard floor. The stars twinkled at her like jewels in the black sky and the full moon glowed at her face. Out in the grounds, the black lake is calm. Not a single ripple shown on the surface. The blown trees in the Forbidden Forest swayed to and fro. Everything outside was peaceful and calm.

I wonder what it feels like to fly at night. It’s so perfect outside. Not a single disturbance.

Ginny combed her hands through her soft flowery scented red hair. How she adore her hair so much since she was a little girl. She loved it when her red hair was blown into the wind. Ginny even loved the scent it brings out. Even Harry loves her hair… Harry…

Ginny shook her head. Oh, why am I thinking of him? Do I really miss him?

But before she could answer that, Ginny felt her eyelids lowered and she was swallowed in darkness…

* * * *

Ginny was waiting by a table, watching her family and the guests dancing on the dance floor. Everyone is grouping into two’s for the next song: Bill and Fleur, Fred and Angelina, Ron and Hermione, Lupin and Tonks, Mr. and Mrs. Weasley, and Percy and Penelope.

The young male singer of the group came up to the front of the stage, holding his wand like a microphone. “Alright, how’s everyone doing tonight? Now, this next song is for all the couples out there. Hold each other close and don’t let go.”

“Hit it,” the young male singer muttered to the band.

The guitarist nodded and started strumming the strings with his fingers. Then, the drummer started playing, drumming the beats. The young male singer started tapping his foot, listening to the rhythm. He holds up the wand to close to his mouth and started singing.

I shouldn’t love you but I want to
I just can’t turn away
I shouldn’t see you but I can’t move
I can’t look away

“Ginny?”

Ginny look around and smiled at guy she truly loves.

“Would you like to dance with me?” asked Harry weakly.

Ginny smiled at him, taking her delicate gloved hands in his. “Sure. I thought you never ask.”

Harry grinned in return and picked her up from the chair, graciously taking him with her to the dance floor.

I shouldn’t love you but I want to
I just can’t turn away
I shouldn’t see you but I can’t move
I can’t look away

Harry places his arms on her hips while Ginny raised her arms to rest on his shoulders. They stared at each other, green to brown. They swayed as Harry and Ginny listen to the song, letting the music engulf them.

And I don’t know how to fine when I’m not
‘Cause I don’t know how to make the feelings stop

Just so you know
This feeling's taking control of me
And I can't help it
I won't sit around, I can't let him win now
Thought you should know
I've tried my best to let go of you
But I don't want to
I just gotta say it all
Before I go
Just so you know

“Ginny.”

“Yes, Harry?” whispered Ginny.

“I’m sorry I hurt your feelings last year.”

“That’s okay, Harry. I understand.”

“You do?”

“Harry, you should know better that I’ll still love you. You’re not getting rid of me that easily.”

It's getting hard to be around you
There's so much I can't say
Do you want me to hide the feelings
And look the other way

And I don't know how to be fine when I'm not
'Cause I don't know how to make a feeling stop

Just so you know
This feeling's taking control of me
And I can't help it
I won't sit around, I can't let him win now
Thought you should know
I've tried my best to let go of you
But I don't want to
I just gotta say it all
Before I go
Just so you know

“Ginny, I think we should stop.”

“What?”

Harry released Ginny and walked away from her.

“Harry!”

Harry turned around. Ginny’s eyes were glistened with tears.

This emptiness is killing me
And I'm wondering why I've waited so long
Looking back I realize
It was always there just never spoken
I'm waiting here...been waiting here

“Don’t leave me, Harry! I don’t care if You-Know-Who’s going to target me! I love you!”

Harry walked back to Ginny and laced his fingers with hers. “You do?”

Ginny nodded. “I still love you no matter how many times you push me away.”

“Ginny, I…”

But Harry’s words were drowned when Ginny’s lips were locked into his. He closed his eyes, smelling the flowery scent and letting it take his thoughts away. The young male singer smiled at them as he continued singing his song.

Just so you know
This feeling's taking control of me
And I can't help it
I won't sit around, I can't let him win now
Thought you should know
I've tried my best to let go of you
But I don't want to
I just gotta say it all
Before I go
Just so you know


* * * *

“Ginny?”

Ginny felt someone’s shaking her.

“Ginny!”

Uhh… Why does my dream have to stop?

Ginny swatted the hand off her shoulders. “Go away!”

“Ginny! I’m serious! Get up!”

“Huh?”

Ginny looked up blearily at the face of Parvati Patil, a seventh year student that was one of the D.A. members in her fourth year.

“What happened?” Ginny mumbled, rubbing her eyes.

“It’s time to wake up,” reminded Parvati. “Don’t you remember we have to get our schedules in the Great Hall?”

Ginny’s eyes widened, slapping her hand to her forehead.

Oh, yeah! I almost had forgotten about that!

“Well, you coming?” asked Parvati, waiting by the door.

“Wait, I need to do something first. You go on without me.”

“Are you sure?”

Ginny nodded.

“Okay, then…”

Ginny watched as Parvati left before pulling out her trunk from under her bed. She opened the hinges and revealed the inside of her trunk: her Muggle clothes, folded socks, collared white shirts, spare skirts, her shoes, scarf, gloves, hat, undershirt…

But where is it?

Ginny started digging through her trunk until…at last!

Ginny pulled out a small black leather book out from the bottom of her trunk. On the front cover has her name engraved in gold: This diary belongs to Ginny M. Weasley. Ginny flipped through her diary pages and found the exact page she was looking for. Grabbing her wand from her bed, she tapped the page containing a picture of a sparkling red rose. It rose out of her book and in a flash; Ginny was holding the exact rose from her diary. She twirled the rose affectionately, smiling at the moment after the dance in Bill and Fleur’s reception.

______________________________________________________________________________________

“Ginny, I want you to have this.” He held his fist in front of her.

Ginny at stared at him blankly. “What? Is this a joke?”

Harry grinned mischievously. “No, just watch.”

He pulled out his wand out of his dress robes pocket and gave it a swirly wave over his fist.

“Now, close your eyes and don’t open them until I say so.”

Ginny pouted at him. “Do I have to?”

“Not unless you don’t want my gift,” he replied, chuckling softly.

“Oh, all right then. I’ll close them.”

Harry kissed her gently on her the tip of her nose. “That’s my good girl,” he whispered in her ear.

Checking to make she wasn’t peeking; Harry turned his back on her. He then kissed his fist, blew inside it, and muttered whispered incantations to his closed hand. Harry slowly opened his hand to reveal a sparkling red rose with a pink laced ribbon wrapped around the stem in a pretty bow.

“Perfect,” he muttered. He then turns around to face her again. “Okay, you can open them.”

Ginny opened her eyes and opened her mouth in surprise. “How… How did you…”

Harry raised his eyebrows. “Now, Ginny, I can’t tell you my secret now, can’t I? This is a wizard’s art of secret magic rules.”

“Are you making this up?” asked Ginny, raising her eyebrows.

Harry made a shocked face as if he was insulted. “Now why would I do that, Ms. Ginevra Molly Weasley?” said Harry, his green eyes twinkling mischievously. “Would I really lie to the girl I love so dearly?”

Ginny smiled at him, taking the precious rose into her silky gloved hands. “Well, it doesn’t matter how you done that. But I’ll always treasure this forever.”

“You promise?” whispered Harry.

“I promise.”


______________________________________________________________________________

Before you leave
There’s just one thing
That I want you to know


Harry… I’ll always keep my promises. And I still kept it. Not a single pedal out of place. Just the way you wanted it to remain…

She placed the rose on her soft pillow and looked at it admirably. Ginny smiled at her bed as she shut the door behind her with a soft click.
End Notes:
Can you readers to guess who was singing that song in Ginny's dream and what is the title of the song?

Okay, that's all! Thanks for your support, my fellow readers!
Chapter 5: Letters from the Trio by Mhulan
Author's Notes:
Okay, this chapter took a long time to think about, but it was worth working on it. At first, I thought that I'm going to be done with this story in this chapter, but I guess I perdict wrong. Yes, that's great, huh?

Anyways, let's conclude this author's note! I don't own the Wizarding World or the characters. J.K. Rowling owns everything and I'm just a writer for Mugglenet Fan Fiction that loves Harry Potter. Nothing more. I also don't own the following song, All We Are. That belongs to One Republic, another kind of band that I listen to.

Oh, before you read, whatever character you know is already dead, please remember this isn't from Harry Potter and the Deathly Hallows.

Okay, enjoy the chapter, my readers!

(Edited on November 8, 2008)
Chapter 5: Letters from the Trio

Days rolled into November as most of the trees in the forbidden forests and the Whomping Willow lose their leaves and weather has gone from warm summer to a windy autumn. The students of Hogwarts were busy as usual with their education hanging over their heads. Some, who are like Hermione when she was in school, were preparing for their lives after Hogwarts. Others, who were like Fred and George, would play pranks on others for the fun of it, causing trouble and mayhem. Many students, who would look forward for the holidays, would play Exploding Snap or Gobstones while talking to their friends about what they’ll do when they spend some time with their families. But some people, like a certain red headed girl for instance, would be sleeping soundlessly in the middle of Transfiguration class. Colin, who was sitting next to her, was trying his best to wake her up. He kept nudging her and poking her.

“Ginny! Wake up! You’ll get in trouble if Professor McGonagall finds out that you’re not paying attention! Hey, Ginny, you have to stay awake!”

But Ginny slept on, ignoring Colin’s whispers of warnings. The only thing she could do was shift a little every once in awhile. Colin scoffed and places his elbow against the desk, his head resting in his hand. He drummed his fingers on the desk, giving up on hope to waken up his best friend.

“Oh, that’s just great! Now what am I going to do?” muttered Colin.

* * * *

Ginny was once again at the Burrow, spending time with her family without a care in the world because what matters to her right now was the love of her life playing another game of chase outside. This time, it was Ginny’s turn to be the snitch while Harry will be the seeker. It’s like Quidditch, but in the game of chase, the rule is not to use any magic to find their target or use any brooms. The only thing they can rely on is their senses.

“Hey, Harry! Come and get me!” cried Ginny.

Harry laughed. “You’re on! Here I come, Ginny!”

Ginny squealed and screams with delight as she ran, Harry hot on her trails. Harry was pumping his legs to move faster.

“I bet you can’t get me!” yelled Ginny excitedly.

“Oh, yeah? We’ll see about that!” laughed Harry.

He reached out one of his arms to grab one of her arms. He can smell the wafting flowery scent filling his lungs that he fallen in love so much. Come on, I’m almost there…

Ginny turned quickly to get a glance at him. She smirked as she wagged a finger at him and quickly made a sharp turn into the forest.

Harry stopped, causing his feet to slide against the ground. The dust filled the air around him, but that didn’t matter to him. It felt accelerating to run outside in the Burrow in the warm cool summer day, chasing after the love of his life. He twisted a smile on his face; his bright green eyes glinted mischievously. Ha! You can’t get away from me now, Ginny! I’ll win this chase this time. They don’t call me the youngest seeker in Hogwarts history!

Harry pick up his pace once more, entering the forest after the red head. He searched all around him, looking for the hidden red hair. He looked from tree to tree, hoping to sneak up on her. As he reached further into the heart of forest, he only notices more trees and small animals wandering around to collect food for them.

“Damn it,” muttered Harry, scratching his ruffled up jet black hair. “Now where did Ginny go?”

Suddenly, he heard giggling that wasn’t too far away. Harry grinned. That voice… I recognize that voice anywhere.

“Ginny, I know you’re out there! Come on out! You can’t run forever from me!”

“Oh, yeah? Watch me then!”

Harry gave cringed his neck in time to see Ginny out of her hiding place behind a tree. He grabbed around her waist, feeling her struggle in his arms.

“I caught you now, Ginny!” said Harry triumphantly. “Admit it! Admit your defeat!”

Ginny panted and pushed Harry, trying to escape from his clutches. “No! No! I’m not letting you win! I’m giving up yet!”

She strikes Harry in the ribs with her fingers, tickling him to make him release her. Harry squirmed and burst out laughing, “Ha! Ha! Stop it! Stop it! Ha! Ha! That’s cheating!”

He clutched his sides, but realizing his mistake he made when he saw Ginny ready to get up and run once again.

“Oh, no you don’t!”

Harry grabbed her, causing the couple to fall and tumble down from the hill. They rolled and rolled until Harry pounced on top of Ginny. He lowered his lips closer to her ear.

“Ha, I told you I’ll one day win this game,” he whispered in Ginny’s ear.

“So you have,” she replied. “Okay, you win.”

Harry’s mouth curled into a smile, closing his eyes getting ready to win his prize from Ginny…


* * * *

A ringing suddenly filled her ears. She groaned, slowly opening her eyes. Ginny place herself in a sitting position, staring at the blank parchment right before her desk.

She bit her lip. “Oh no, I must have slept over Transfiguration class and I didn’t write any notes for today’s lesson! Well, maybe I should ask Colin for permission if I can borrow his notes later just to make it up.”

Ginny sighed dreamily, placing her elbow against her desk and her head propped on her hand, staring at the window. And yet, I was getting to the good part of my dream! If only that bell could hold on until the dream is over.

She lifted herself up and made to grab her sack from the floor beside her, packing her possessions glumly. When she placed her rolled up blank parchment back inside her sack, a folded paper was out in front of her. Curious, Ginny opened the paper and smoothed it out for her to read.

Ginny,

it’s about time you waken up from your long slumber! I tried many ways of waking you up, but you wouldn’t budge. You were too exhausted and I didn’t know what to do. Luckily, Professor McGonagall didn’t catch you sleeping in the classroom. She was too busy on focusing the class instead and didn’t notice you weren’t paying attention. Anyways, meet me at the Great Hall later for dinner and tell me what’s wrong with you.

Colin

PS: I’m not lending you my notes since you didn’t hear my warnings. Ha! Ha! You’re just gonna have to use the Standard Book of Spells, Year 6 to make up what you miss in class.


“Darn,” muttered Ginny under her breath, crumpling the note into her fist. “Well, so much for borrowing Colin’s notes.”

* * * * * * *

Later that night at the Gryffindor Common room, Ginny was flipping the pages in Standard Book of Spells, Year 6 while sitting in one of the comfy armchairs. She smiled at the warmth temperature the fireplace has filled in her surroundings to the tune that’s playing on the radio.

I tried you a picture, the colors were all wrong
Black and white didn’t fit you
And all along

You were shaded with patience
Your strokes of everything
That I need just to make it
And I believe that


Wow, it sure feels nice to sit here, all alone on this soft armchair.

She looked at her book miserably and sighed. This will take the whole night to finish! I guess that means no sleeping from here on out. Oh, I hate doing this for the last minute! Well, I better get this over with before McGonagall finds out that I didn’t do my notes and my homework assignment!

“Chapter…” But just as she was about to continue writing her notes, Ginny heard a tapping noise from outside. Ginny turn her neck to see that the tapping noise came from the window.

“Okay, okay! I’m coming! I’m coming!” Ginny barked out as she placed her book, parchment, and quill on the table. She walked toward the source of the noise, unlatching the window door. A snowy white owl hopped inside and hooted thanks with gratitude.

That I could tear you apart
But it won’t break
Anything that you are
You are


“Hey, Hedwig! What are you doing here at this time of night?”

Hedwig cocked its head to one’s side and stick its leg out to reveal three rolls of parchment attached to her.

We won’t say our goodbyes
You know it’s better that way
We won’t break, we won’t die
It’s just a moment of change

All we are, all we are
Is everything that’s right
All we need, all we need
Our love is at a bind


Ginny’s eyes widened with curiosity and wonder. This must be from Harry, Ron, and Hermione.

She detached the three rolls of parchment from her leg, giving Hedwig her share of pumpkin juice and oatmeal cookies from the house elf named Dobby. Ginny’s mind was building with excitement. She hadn’t heard from them in weeks since the beginning of school.

I walked a minute in your shoes
They would never fit
I figured there’s nothing to lose
I need to get

Some perspective on these words
Before I hunt them down
You’re an island and my ship
Has run aground


Maybe they wanted to know how I’m doing here in Hogwarts. Well, I bet mostly Hermione anyway.

She unrolled the first parchment to reveal Hermione’s letter:

Ginny,

How are you doing at Hogwarts? Are you doing well this year? I hope so because I hope you’re doing your homework right now, unlike two certain friends I have! Yes, even though I’m not there, I can tell you in this letter! Anyways, we (that is, Harry, Ron, and me) are coming to Hogsmeade for a visit. It’ll be great seeing you again! And maybe we can do some early Christmas shopping before coming to spend time at the Burrow.

Wow, I can’t believe Harry wanted to have a break from searching… well… something to do with defeating You-Know-Who. Hmm… I’m having a feeling that Harry misses you maybe too much! Well, whatever is his reason; it’s great to have a break for once. I mean, we’ve been working ourselves from morning to night and Harry won’t even lighten up. He always bosses us around and gets all angsty about it. Seriously, he such a prat! Oh, I wish I could just jinx him at times! Oh, please don’t tell him I said that in this letter! I’m not sure what would happen if you told him this, but I can sense it won’t turn pretty.

So, I hope to see you soon at Hogsmeade!

Love,

Hermione


Time to tear you apart
But it won’t break
Anything we are

We are

Ginny chuckled, placing her hand to her lips. "Well, I knew Hermione would mention about my homework, but I’m surprise that Harry could make Hermione that crazy!”

When she smoothed at Ron’s letter, she notices blotches of red ink smothered on the side. She shook her head when notices that his writing was sloppy.

“Darn, Ron, sometimes your words are so hard to read,” she muttered.

As Ginny pulled out her wand and muttered a spell to clean out the spilled red ink, her thoughts were filled with questions. Hmm… I wonder what my brother would talk about in his letter. Maybe, he’ll tell me why Harry is acting like that. He knows Harry since he they first met on the Hogwarts Express.

After examining the letter for the next five minutes, Ginny began reading her brother’s letter.

Ginny,

How are you? From where we are, it’s freezing cold out here! You’re lucky! You get to stay at Hogwarts, having three square meals a day! While we, on the other hand, have to collect mushrooms or find the nearest town to buy food.

I mean, seriously, I don’t understand this scraps of paper Muggles use. I can’t even tell from a ten or a twenty! I don’t see why Dad is so interested in Muggles. They wear weird clothing, food, and…all sorts of other things. And yet, some of the Muggle places and stuff are fascinating once Hermione and Harry pointed out what they are. Like there is this…um…sillyfone, I think that’s what it’s called. Anyways, this sillyfone is a on the go fone! Some fones can even have some things that I’m impressed with!

Okay, enough about Muggle stuff! I wanted to tell you that Harry was not acting all right since we last spoke. Well, he was, as Hermione said, angsty. But I bet it won’t last forever once he sees you again! Oh, and Ginny, if he gives you a hard time, let me know so I can throw Harry in the black lake and he can get taken away by the merpeople. Hey, I know what you’re thinking! I don’t have to, but it was just a suggestion, that’s all!

Okay, see you soon at Hogsmeade!

Your brother,

Ron

PS: Hermione is nagging to me it’s called a cell phone, not a sillyfone.


Ginny sighed. Ron, you are so like Dad! You just don’t know it yet. Well, if you won’t tell me what’s going on about Harry, maybe Harry himself can tell me.

“Well, here it goes…” muttered Ginny as she opened to read the last letter from Harry.

We won’t say our goodbyes
You know it’s better that way
We won’t break, we won’t die
It’s just a moment of change

All we are, all we are
Is everything that’s right
All we need, all we need
Our love is at a bind

Every single day that I can breathe
You changed my philosophy
I’m never gonna let you pass me by


Ginny,

It’s been awhile since we’ve seen each other. I…I really miss you. Look, whatever Ron and Hermione mentioned in their letters could probably be true. It’s just that I’m upset that Ron and Hermione get to have each other and we can’t have that because we’re apart. It’s not fair spending less time with you! I even always wonder why do I have to save the Wizarding World and have to fight the darkest wizard of all time. Sometimes, I wish we can be together without having to worry about the war or the possibility of me dying. I wish I can lift you up in the air just one more time and embrace you again. But I guess we can’t have everything we wanted, huh?

Anyways, all I’m saying is that it’s better that way that you’re safe from danger and that’s all that matters. I just don’t want you to be hurt again. That’s why I wanted to see you at Hogsmeade and spend time with you at the Burrow along with your family. Just to enjoy what’s left of what’s between us. Ha, I bet Ron really misses his family after traveling from one Muggle town after another. I mean, he complains about the scraps of food we find or buy. So, to shut him up, we had to show him bits of what Muggles have these days or we make him take a long walk with us. Seriously, your brother is nothing but a pain in the arse!

So, I hope to see you in Hogsmeade and maybe get to go somewhere private or in other words, without Ron and Hermione in our way.

Love,

Harry

PS: Please remember that I still love you. Oh, and for the record, I haven’t dated anyone! You are my one and only girl I ever loved. So, don’t beat me up or let Ron throw me in the black lake as he promised!


So don’t say your goodbyes
You know it’s better that way
We won’t break, we won’t die
It’s just a moment of change


Ginny hugged Harry’s letter as if it was a sign of hope. Harry still loves me! Oh, now I really can’t wait for the Hogsmeade trip!

She danced gracefully with her eyes closed, listening to the rest of the tune and imagining Harry in her presence, forgetting all about her abandoned essay and notes.

So don’t say your goodbyes
You know it’s better that way
We won’t break, we won’t die
It’s just a moment of change

All we are, all we are
Is everything that’s right
All we need, all we need
Our love is at a bind

So don’t say your goodbyes
You know it’s better that way
We won’t break, we won’t die

End Notes:


Okay, I guess it's time to tell you why I picked another song.

1) Well, since I'm making this story a lot longer, I had to get some songs in this story because there are only a few song lyric lines left for I Still Believe In Loving You. So, the last lines of the song will be at the very end.

2) This song reminds me of the video I saw on YouTube that has this song with December Boys. Yes, I'm referring to one of the movies Daniel Radcliffe was in. Oh, speaking of him, his birthday was five days ago. So, I wish him a Happy Birthday and hope that all his wishes would be granted! =)

Oh, I also have very special treat for those who loves this story. I have currently writing Chapter 6 and I thought maybe it won't hurt if you read a bit of my next chapter. So, let's just say it's a sneak peek of what's coming up. Well here it is:

...But for Ginny’s case, however, was neither of those reasons at all. No, what she cares most was someone that wasn’t in school along with her friends but instead on a dangerous mission: Harry. That was all Ginny mattered to her every single torturing day and night. Ginny has been weaving in and out of her thoughts on a daily basis whenever she’s in class or with her friends. When Colin and Ginny were all alone, he popped the question immediately, asking what’s wrong. The only response Colin could ever receive from her was just a shake in the head or “It’s nothing, Colin, really.” When he pushed it a little further, believing that it’s a real big deal for him, Ginny would always give him the Don’t-push-your-luck glare and Its-not-going-to-work frown. That caused her best friend to drop the subject completely, making Ginny satisfied that he finally silence himself.

Okay, please leave a comment. Thanks!
This story archived at http://www.mugglenetfanfiction.com/viewstory.php?sid=71797