Noteworthy by Doctor Moo
Summary:

He was a boy, she was a girl, can I make it anymore obvious? They were in love, haven't you heard, how they rocked each other's world?


But how did they get there? If your read this story, you shall find out. Join the Marauders, for their last year at Hogwarts, packed with adventure. From close calls with Death Eaters, to drunk house-elves, this tale will keep you hanging to the very end... I hope.

Begins around November in their last year, and will continue until after Hogwarts.
 


Categories: James/Lily Characters: None
Warnings: Alternate Universe, Character Death, Mild Profanity, Sexual Situations, Substance Abuse, Suicide, Violence
Challenges:
Series: None
Chapters: 5 Completed: No Word count: 8247 Read: 15659 Published: 03/08/10 Updated: 04/03/10

1. Chapter 1: A Chance by Doctor Moo

2. Chapter 2 by Doctor Moo

3. Chapter 3 by Doctor Moo

4. Chapter 4 by Doctor Moo

5. Chapter 5 by Doctor Moo

Chapter 1: A Chance by Doctor Moo
Author's Notes:

I would like to re-thank my beta, TwilightHPgirl18.

I would like to point out to the moderator that checks this that this chapter is exactly the same as the one that was on my old account, so hopefully, this should get through quickly. The same goes for chapters 2, 3, and 4.

James woke up with a start. He glanced at his grandfather clock that he had gotten from Remus for his birthday. Damn, he thought, late again. He jumped out of bed and threw his robes on. He grabbed some cheese from his refrigerator and flew down out of the Heads' dormitory and was able to slide into Charms class just before the bell rang. As he approached Lily, she drew her wand menacingly and James scurried away quickly. He sat down next Remus, the best candidate to copy answers from, as Flitwick began the lesson.

‘Welcome class! Today we shall learn the Splintering Charm, a rather difficult charm, but I’m sure after a tad of practice, you will all succeed.  The incantation is Sumiseri, are there any volunteers?’

Lily’s hand shot up, but James was already standing next to Flitwick by the time it was in the air.
He picked up and plank of wood and levitated it. Then he swished his wand and said ‘Sumiseri!’, cracking the wood in half.

‘Excellent, excellent!’ Flitwick applauded, ‘15 points to Gryffindor! Now, pair up everyone, and get to work!’

James paired up with Remus, and finished his pile of wood in a short few minutes.  As usual, Sirius began to send countless notes to James, most of which he ignored. James was currently preoccupied with his favourite activity(not that one!), wooing Lily Evans. However, just as he was making headway on blocking Sirius out of his world completely, a note came flying in front of him, hitting him in the nose before falling to the desk. After shooting a glare at a smirking Sirius, James opened it.

James! Come on, she is just another girl! Let‘s ditch this class and go fill the Great Hall with Dungbombs - Padfoot

Out of the corner of  his eye, James saw Sirius sneak out of the room with Peter, a large bag of Dungbombs in his hand. James, as always, was too busy trying to get Lily's attention.

Lily was paying attention to the professor (really, it was an interesting lesson!), who was further explaining the origin of the spell, when a piece of parchment landed in front of her. Scowling, she read,

Hey, Lils. You look bored. How about after class we go to a little place called the broom closet down the hall? - James

Lily frowned, and scribbled back,

James,
For your own good, bug off! I'm not interested in your closet triumphs. Git!


------

The next day, Potions went over much the same as Charms. The Marauders were, as usual, wreaking havoc. James, staying true to form, was completely ignoring Professor Slughorn and making a potion of his own creation that likely did not work in the least, although did cause some rather bad smelling fumes. Peter, James' number one test subject, after drinking said potion, turned blue and was rushed to the Hospital Wing due to a lack of response when James asked how it tasted.

'Potter, detention! Now pay attention! The Amormentia potion is very important for your N.E.W.T.s!' Slughorn snarled.

While Lily should have expected it, considering Charms the previous day and all, she was still surprised when a slip of parchment landed in front of her. She opened it and grimaced; she's recognize that messy scrawl anywhere.

Hey, Lily! Are you a Seer? You predicted just yesterday that your beautiful looks would get me in trouble. Anyway, can we study after class? I have not even started that vampire essay! Besides, it is your fault I am too distracted during class! - Your gremlin, James

Her patience running low, Lily responded,

Okay, James. How do I say this? No! For the last time, No! We will never be anything! You want to study? Yeah, right... Wouldn't you prefer to drop some Dungbombs?

Lily, I am serious. Not Sirius serious, but serious nonetheless. I really do like you and I really need to do that essay. What is that Muggle saying? 'Don't judge a book by its buttocks'? No, that cannot be it. Is it? Well, I do have an ugly butt.
Your sexy hubby, James


As Lily read the note, James noticed a blush, a smile, and a stifled giggle (not necessarily in that order). She then scribbled a note and tapped it; it appeared on James's table.

Fine, James, I will help you with that essay. But no screwing around! You have one chance. Do not blow it!  - Lily

Nonsense, Evans. Why would I blow it? I only want to blow you...Er...you to help me with my essay.- Your munchy crunchy, James


Don't push it, Potter!

James smiled to himself. Victory!


------


Lily met James outside of the library later in the afternoon. James offered to carry her bag for her and Lily reluctantly handed it over. She did not have to ask why he was late, mostly because his grin said it all. But she asked him anyways, trying to make some conversation.

'Dungbombs?' she asked, knowingly.

'Better! I farted on a first-year's head!' James answered, grinning ear to ear.

'You're so immature, Potter. Its driving me nuts!‘

‘For some ‘nuts’?’ James asked slyly.

‘Potter!’ she yelled.

‘Sorry, Lily. Come, let's do it.'

'Excuse me?' Lily exclaimed.

'The essay, let's do the essay. But if you want to do 'it' later, then it's fine by me.' James shrugged.

Grinning his lop-sided grin, he followed after Lily as she went into the library, a place of unexplored mystery, as James had never been there before. Ever, ever before.

 

They found a table and sat down. As James pulled out his books, Madam Pince passed by and stared at him viciously.

 

'Have you ever been here before?' Lily asked after the librarian had drifted away to deal with some rowdy third years.

 

'Can't say that I have,' James piped up, opening his book and uncorking a bottle of ink.

 

They settled down and began to work. Never before had learning been so fun for James. Lily showed him dozens of little tricks to remember things and even make them interesting. James almost jumped up out of surprise when Lily's hand brushed his and rested there for a moment. After dealing with the aforementioned third years, Madam Pince walked up and asked for Lily.

 

'One second, James,' she said and walked over to Pince's desk.

 

'Here it is Lily. It just arrived.' Pince said, handing Lily a book entitled A Advanced Guide to Household Charms by Sper Herrind.

 

'Wow, thanks Irma,' Lily whispered.

 

'That's a handsome young man you've got there. Do not expect it to last. His kind only wants some bedroom action,' Irma said warningly.

 

'No, I think he is different,' Lily replied.

 

As Lily walked back to James, she gazed at him. Okay, he is rather handsome, she thought. Tall, muscular, deep hazel eyes and jet black hair.

 

Oh, sod that, he is damn sexy, something in her head said.

 

'Um, Evans? Are you staring? That's not very... Lily-ish,' James said, standing up.

 

'Shut up!' She giggled.

 

'Flirting, then?' James asked, smirking.

 

Together, they left the library, and as they reached the steps, Snape stepped out of the shadows.

 

‘Oh, Potter, I see you’ve got a Mudblood!’ He said snidely.

 

Turketentatio!’ James roared, sending a hoard of angry turkeys at Snape, pecking, scratching, and biting him. 'Don't ever call her that you, filthy little bastard!' James snarled.

 

'James, forget it. It doesn't matter what the slimeball says,' Lily said calmly, as Snape fell under the wave of ferocious poultries.

 

 'Bye, James.' Lily said after she undid the curse on Snape and gave James a peck on his cheek.

 

James jumped up and stared as Lily just blushed. As she passed by Snape, she kicked him in the crotch and then ran off.

 

'That girl has definitely got spunk!' Sirius said, climbing out of a broom closet. Robin Potter, James' cousin followed, and waved at James. James frowned, but decided that if it had to be someone, it best be Sirius.

 

'Oh, hi Snivellus!' he said.

 

He swung his wand which 'accidentally' sent Snape bashing against the wall.

 

'Hey, what's in here?' he asked, poking his head into the library.

 

'Hello?' he yelled, swinging his head around.

 

A flash of green light whizzed past his head, narrowly missing it. His eyes flashed around in danger.

 

'Run! Crazy witch with a wand!' he yelled, running away at full speed.

 

James just stood there, dazed.

 

Within seconds, Pince came bounding out of the library.

 

'Where is he? Nobody yells in my library and lives to tell the tale!' she demanded. 'Oh, its you. Listen boy, you better not hurt Lily. Merlin knows she has enough with You-Know-Who killing her parents. You hurt her, boy, and I'll destroy you!' She said dangerously. She then ran after Sirius, flinging curses at him.

 

‘Hey James,’ Robin said, stepping carefully on Snape’s hands, causing him to scream in pain.

 

‘You do know, that I don’t approve of what you and Sirius are doing every other minute,’ James said.

 

‘I don’t know what your talking about, James. Sirius and I were just doing some homework,’ Robin replied slyly.

 

‘There is a long list of reasons why I do not believe that, but I will not bore you with it,’ James said, yawning.

 

‘Sure, James, Whatever makes you feel better about not being able to get a girlfriend,’ Robin muttered as she walked past him.

End Notes:
Please Review.
Chapter 2 by Doctor Moo
Author's Notes:
I would like to thank my beta, TwilightHPgirl18, and the cast of Supernatural for obvious reasons.

 

When the time for dinner came, even James couldn't resist his stomach, calling him to the delicious dinner that awaited him.

'I couldn't find her anywhere, even the bathrooms,' James said to his fellow Marauders as he sat down and shovelled some potatoes and chicken onto his plate. He then proceeded to bore his friends with a rather long list of the places he checked.

'Have you forgotten that certain cartographic item of yours? The special one?' Sirius asked, devouring a entire roasted pig(with the help of Remus), with the cliché apple in it's mouth.

You're right! Thanks Padfoot!' James responded excitedly as he ran off to a private room.

'Idiot, that boy is,' Sirius muttered as he inhaled a plate of steaks.

'I agree, Sirius. James is a bigheaded, old, dumb codge-...' was all Peter was able to say, before getting a fist in his nose from Sirius.

'Only I get to insult James, got it?' Sirius said dangerously.

Peter nodded his head.

Frank Longbottom sniggered and flicked a few potatoes at Peter's head. Peter turned around at the exact wrong second, and was rewarded with steaming oily chunks of potatoes in his eyes. Sighing, Peter reached for his napkin and wiped his face clean.

'Why is it always me, eh?' he asked, frowning and leaving the table.


-----

James stepped into a empty corridor and pulled out the Marauder's Map.

'I solemnly swear that I am up to no good,' he whispered.

Ink appeared on the page that read, 'Messrs. Moony, Wormtail, and Padfoot are very pleased that Prongs remembered he had such a item that has the ability to reveal the location of certain people on school grounds.'

The ink then vanished, and the map appeared.

'Show me Lily Evans!' he ordered.

The map changed to the sixth floor, the 7th-year's dormitory. Slapping himself for not checking there, he whispered ‘mischief managed!'

James shoved the map into his pocket and rushed out of the room. He climbed up the six flights of stairs with such speed, an Olympic gold medal winner would have been put to shame.

As he entered the 7th-year's common room, (The password was 'Shagadelic'), he heard two female voices coming from Lily's room. The door was open just enough for James to slip in. He got his Invisibility Cloak out of his trunk and snuck into Lily's room.

'But if you don't like him, why did you kiss him?' Robin Potter, who just so happened to be Sirius's girlfriend of four months, was saying, sitting up on Lily's bed. She was running a silver comb through her hair. The comb in particular was rather special, as James had bought it for her for her coming of age party. It has the ability to perfectly smooth out hair and even shape the hair into an assortment of simple hairstyles.

'I don't know, Robin! I've told you a hundred times, it just happened. I wasn't thinking. I just... forgot myself for a moment,' Lily replied, laying back on her couch, looking up at the ceiling she had charmed to show the sky.

'Lily, I think the only answer is that you like him.'

Sitting up, Lily said, 'Robin, I don't know. Yes, I like him. But I don't want to like him. He's a jerk, a bully, and his overgrown ego drives me crazy.'

'Lily, imagine your children, in about, say, ten years. Got that picture?' Robin said.

'Yes, I do. So what?' Lily asked impatiently.

'Answer these two questions: what colour are their eyes, and what colour is their hair?' Robin asked, eyeing the spot where James was standing.

'Well, there are five of them. Two boys, three girls. Four have reddish brown hair, the eldest has jet black. Three have bright green and the other two...' she shrieked.

'Oh Merlin! Robin they look like you! Do you think..?' Lily asked.

'No, I don't. What you are seeing are the children of Lily Anne Potter and James Edward Potter, and you know it!' Robin declared triumphantly.

'No, it's not! It can't... I won't...' Lily cried.

'Lily, just listen to your heart. What is it telling you?'

'That I really like him. But I don't want to!'

'Lily, would you date me if I was a guy?'

'Sure, Robin. you’d be a awesome guy!' Lily exclaimed.

'So, you would date James?' Robin asked.

'No! I didn’t say that!' Lily shrieked.

'Lily, I have to go; Sirius will be looking for me. Just remember, only your heart can bring you to where you know you want to be. We both know that's in James Potter's arms. Chances like these are once in a lifetime. I wouldn't just pass it up. Besides, if you two ended up together, we would related... kind of.'

'Robin? Do you love Sirius?'

'Well-' Robin started.

'What does your heart tell you?' Lily asked quizzically.

'Hey, that's not fair. That’s my weapon.'

'Robin, I need to know.'

'Yes, I love him. And if you follow your heart, you will see that you also love someone. You know which someone I'm talking about.'

Robin stood up and as she walked to the door, she grabbed the cloak, forcing James to follow. She dragged him into the hallway and he asked ‘how did you know I was there?' frowning at the fact that Lily was probably getting undressed to take a shower and he was missing it.

'Get that dirty thought out of your mind right now, James. As for how I knew you were there? Please, you have to give me more credit. I'm dating Sirius after all, and you're my cousin. It's like a double dose of evil,' Robin simply stated with the famous lopsided Potter grin stamped across her face. Her black hair twirled as she paced around James.

James nodded; Sirius did rub his skills off on people. Unintentionally, of course; he didn't need another dark lord of mischief wandering around, now did he?

'James, listen. After all you just heard, you must be thinking quite a number of things. Just give her some time. She does care about you, but that spark needs time to grow into a flame.' She winked, and ran off looking for Sirius.

James spend the next hour wandering the Astronomy tower, mulling things over. After a while, he did a quick patrol, then headed back to the 7th-year's common room. He laid back on a couch for a few minutes, sipping a soda that he took from his mini-fridge.

Suddenly he heard a noise. He sat up and saw Lily, in nothing but a large Gryffindor towel wrapped around her body, step out of the bathroom. As Sirius would say: 'Perfect situation for a booty call.'

'Oh, hi, Potter,' Lily said timidly, trying to cover up any bare skin.

'Hey Lily, can we talk?' James asked, summoning as much courage as he could. 'After you get dressed of course,' James commented, motioning to Lily's lack of clothing.

'Sure, Potter,' Lily said shyly. Smiling, she dashed into her room, threw some clothes on and charmed her hair dry.

As she entered the common room, James tried to keep his jaw from dropping. Even when she was hurried, she still looked beautiful, he said to himself silently. She sat down and brushed her hair.

'What is it, James?' she asked.

'Lily, I have a confession. I heard what you told Robin. Well the last few minutes anyway,' James confessed.

'Yes, I thought I saw Robin grab something as she left. Well, is that it, because I was going to go do a patrol...' Lily said, her voice wandering.

'Well, then why don't I come?' James asked, standing up.
---


'You do know that this is breaking our agreement?' Lily asked as they strolled around the corridors.

'Which one, Lils?' James asked, not really paying attention to what she meant, but just how beautiful and perfect her voice sounded when she spoke, ever so soft yet strong.

'The one in which you don't bother me when I go for my evening patrol, or I'd tell Professor McGonagall about you being a illegal Animagus,' Lily answered, noticing that James wasn't really listening.

'Ah, yes. But you don't seem to be bothered, do you? Am I really bothering you that much?' James questioned.

Lily thought about this for a moment.

'No, no you’re not. I suppose you could even call it, enjoyable company.' she said but right away regretted

'I can't believe I just said that!' Lily exclaimed.

'Nor can I, but there is something I have to say to you,' James smiled, sitting down on a bench, that had mysteriously appeared out of nowhere. 'I just want to say that I would never hurt you, if that's what your afraid of. I haven't dated anyone since our fourth year to prove my devotion to you. I love you, Lily Evans.'

'I know, James. You've told me twelve times everyday for nearly five years.' Lily sighed and sat down next to James.

'Yes, but you think that I'm just saying that to annoy you. I truly do love you. I would battle Voldemort and all his Death Eaters just to spend one minute with you.'

James leaned forward and took her hand. To his delight and surprise, she didn't flinch or pull away. He tilted his head and placed his lips on hers. Lily wrapped her arms around his waist and kissed him. She pushed and James laid back on the bench, Lily lying on top of him, snogging the life out of him.

'Ehm!' The voice of Albus Dumbledore cracked through the air.

James and Lily sat up abruptly.

'Hello Lily, James,' he said with a twinkle in his eye. 'I was just heading down to Hogsmeade for a drink; would either of you like to join me?'

'Erm, no thanks, sir, but do tell Aberforth I said hello,' James stammered, embarrassed, but not nearly as embarrassed as Lily was, as she was blushing redder than a Weasley.

'Well, then, good night. Remember, persistence is not so futile, James,' he said, disappearing into the night.

'What did he mean about persistence?' Lily asked, following James as he rushed up the flights of stairs.

James didn't respond, and together they walked upstairs.

'Could you wait here for a moment? Just count to sixty,' James whispered when they entered the common room.

'Sure, James.'

James ran in to his room, and after a few seconds, called Lily in. Lily gasped as she caught sight of James, standing bellow a banner that read in pink scribble ink 'I LOVE YOU LILY EVANS!'. A small coffee table was set up with a two chairs, complete with two large mugs, and several bottles of butterbeer and assorted wines.

James took her hand and they sat down together and James poured a bottle of wine. After two large glasses, Lily put her mug down.

'Are you trying to get me drunk?' Lily asked, suspiciously.

'Will it help?' James asked hopefully.

'How about this?' Lily said, pulling James in for a kiss. The kiss grew stronger and they fell onto James' bed.

'You said you don't want to love me. Let me give you a reason to want to,' James said, pulling her tightly in a warm bear hug. His lips met hers, and James grinned again. Double Victory!
End Notes:
Please Review
Chapter 3 by Doctor Moo
Author's Notes:
I thank my beta, TwilightHPgirl18. I also thank JKR, for creating Harry Potter and microwavable eggs.
Lily woke up in a haze, last nights events still blurry. She opened her eyes and saw that she saw James lying nude beside her. She almost shrieked as she saw that she was nude, too. She slapped James and he jumped up.

'What the hell happened last night?' she demanded.

'Did we, you know, do it?' James asked, terrified that Lily might castrate him any second if she got angry enough.

'I don't know! You tell me!' she yelled, drawing her wand.

'Virgo Reprehendo
,' she muttered, pointing her wand at herself. It glowed blue, and she lowered her wand.

'It's alright, we didn't,' Lily said, calming down. 'James?' she asked. 'Do you know that your left buttock is bigger than your right one?'

'Yes, I know. I can change that for you if you want,' He replied, reaching for his wand.

Lily grabbed his hand and said, 'Its fine, James. It's rather cute.'

Suddenly, Sirius barged into the room. He was dressed in his 'detective' outfit. (That is, a brown bowler hat, a brown cloak, brown loafers and a pipe.) He blew a ring of smoke and sat down on the bed.

'James, you won't believe what I just saw!' he sat down. 'Hey, Lily. Beautiful day isn't it? Well anyway, I was exploring that place you call a 'library' and let me tell you, it was full of books. I mean, who would ever go there? So I was walking around and I saw Filch snogging that crazy old lady who tried to kill me yesterday!'

'Sirius, as interesting as that may be I would like to inform you that my girlfriend and I are naked,' James said, passing Lily a blanket, as he pulled on a pair of boxers.

'So what? Its not like there is something I haven't seen!' Sirius said simply, as he began to count his nose hairs.

'When have you seen me naked?' Lily demanded.

'Alas, sixty-eight, a terrible number. One more would be very much appreciated,' Sirius finished counting his nose hairs. 'Simple little Lily, remember last year we were teamed up in Charms? The See-Through Charm? Do you remember when you cast it on me I said I couldn’t see through the box? Well, I lied.'

Lily looked horrified, nearly slapping Sirius's face.

'Padfoot? As wrong as it is to stare at Lily naked for a whole day, which I imagine was quite fun, get out now! Or I will throw out my entire collection of joke products!’ James snapped.

'You wouldn't!' Sirius dared.

'Five seconds or I swear on my love for Lily I will!'

With one evil glance at him, Sirius ran out of the room. He stuck his head and said, 'Hey, wait a second! This is my room too!' before withdrawing his head to avoid James' shoe.

'Your girlfriend?' Lily asked as James stepped out of the bathroom.

'Well, are you?' James asked.

Pushing past him into the bathroom, she said, 'We'll see.'

'Um, Lily? You left the door open," James said.

'Does it bother you?' Lily asked as she stepped into the shower.

'Not at all, not at all,' James grinned, silently conjuring a camera.

---------------------------
Apparently, Sirius had told everyone, because when James and Lilly sat down at their seats during breakfast, Filch gave them an evil glare.

'Hey guys!' Tori said, as they sat down.

'Can you believe it? Filch and Pince?' Lupin said.

Sirius was bouncing in his seat, waving his hand.

'What is it, Sirius?' Lupin asked.

'Well, if you must know. I awoke this morning and took my beautiful self down to explore this so-called 'library'. We all know what I saw there. Then, I rushed up to the 7th’s room to borrow James’ camera for proof of this unbelievable event. Cute password, Prongs, because that is exactly what I found these two--' he pointed at Lily and James-- 'doing. I, sexily, strolled into James's room-'

'Strolled?' Lily snapped, cutting him off. 'You ever so rudely barged in! And we didn't have sex!'

'You barged in?' Robin exclaimed. 'That is seriously rude!'

'Don't you mean Sirius-ly?' Sirius teased.

'Honestly Sirius, If I hear that you barge in on anyone again before knocking, I'll... so something that you won't like. I'm serious!' she warned.

'No, silly Robin, I'm Sirius. You're Robin. Get it?' Sirius said, even more teasingly.

'That's it! No sex for a month! I mean it!' she said, carefully avoiding the word 'serious'. Sirius looked horrified and whimpered like a little child who had just been yelled at and seemed to be on the verge of tears.

She stood up and left the hall, with Sirius running after her, pleading for forgiveness.

'So how was it?' Lupin asked.

'You little pervert!' Tori shrieked. 'But really, how was it?'

'We didn't have sex!' Lily shrieked.

'Although, I oddly remember some strangely shaped purple thing being shoved up my-,’ James began, but was cut off by Lily.

'Have you ever slept with someone?' James asked as they left the Hall.

'Promise you won't laugh?' Lily asked. James nodded his head. 'I did it with one other person: with Snape.' She blushed. 'But I didn't shag him!' She added quickly
James froze, but as promised, he didn't laugh.

'How much better was I then Snape?'

'A lot better. But you still need to practice.'

'Well then, let’s practice!' James said, ushering Lily into a nearby broom closet.

------
Peter strolled down the corridor, when suddenly a hand grabbed him and pulled him into a room.

'Did it work?' Sirius asked impatiently.

'No, they don't seem to think they had sex last night while they were drunk or at least thought they were drunk,' Peter reported.

'Damn it!' Sirius exclaimed.

'But...' Peter began.

'Yes? What is it?' Sirius asked hurriedly.

'On my way here, I saw them snogging the life out of each other on a bench that I never recalled seeing before,' Peter said excitedly.

'Hmm, that makes thirty nine this month,' Sirius muttered thoughtfully.

'What, Sirius?' Peter asked confused.

'Benches, thirty nine benches that just randomly appear. I shall look in to it; on your way then, Wormy, you’re late for Charms,' Sirius said, stroking his chin.

As Peter scurried out of the room, Sirius said 'Oh, and, Peter?'

'Yes?' Peter replied.

'I heard your shagging that cute sixth year, Selena Williams. I can give you pointers if you would like, I did her last year.'

'No thanks, I'm fine,' Peter said, running off to Charms.
End Notes:
Please Review!!!
Chapter 4 by Doctor Moo
Author's Notes:
I thank my Beta, TwilightHPgirl18.

'Okay, James, just sign here,' Lily said, handing James a quill.

'Wait just one minute, Miss Evans! What exactly is my client signing?' Sirius asked, wearing his ‘lawyer’ suit.

'Sirius, get out. Now!' Lily growled dangerously.

'Lily, he isn't going to leave. Just let him read it. I guess I did sign some form that made him my attorney last year,' James whispered in Lily's ear.

'Fine, here, Sirius. Have a look.' Lily sighed, handing Sirius the parchment.

Sirius grabbed it and set it on fire.

'I refuse to let my client sign this, so I burned it!' Sirius exclaimed.

Lily sighed and drew her wand. Sirius caught sight of it and fled from the room like a scared dog.

'James, I made a copy. Here. Read it and sign it. Remus, Peter and Robin will be witnesses,' Lily said, handing James the copy.

James read:

This document will serve as a legal agreement between these two of-age persons: James Edward Potter, henceforth known as Party A, and Lily Jane Evans, henceforth known as Party B.

Upon the start of the relationship, henceforth known as Party C, these two persons will agree on these terms:

Party A will do the following:

1. Party A shall not pass more then three (3) notes to Party B per day. These notes may not contain any explicit or embarrassing content that, if intercepted, will cause any embarrassment to either party. If Party A does not comply, then Party C will be terminated.

2. Party A will show the proper amount of affection to Party B, but not so far as to annoy Party B.

3. Snogging will be acceptable, although if Party A attempts to snog during classes or meals without Party B's consent, Party C will be terminated.

3. Party A will put his N.E.W.T.s before his duties as Head Boy and Marauder, although not before his duties as boyfriend.


The list went on for another sixteen pages. After reading, James signed at the blanks and was rewarded with a kiss from Lily.

'Now, if you don't mind, James has to study,' Lily said, and Peter and Remus trudged out of the room, grumbling.

'I can't believe someone is finally able to control James! I sent an owl to Aunt Eliza and she cannot believe it either!' Robin muttered, patting James on the head as she left.

'Lily, do I really have to study? I had some awesome pranks planned today!' James asked timidly.

'Well, I won't make you study, but you're not leaving the room for at least an hour.' Lily smiled, rested her head on James' shoulder.

James smiled and twirled around, catching Lily at her hips. He pressed his lips against her soft lips, and whispered, 'How about two?'

Lily giggled and kissed him softly.

'I see no problem with that,' she said as she lay back on the couch. 'I could do with a foot rub.'

James groaned and said, 'I meant snogging!'

'Maybe later, after you massage my feet and do your homework.' Lily grinned.

Deciding that resistance was futile, James plopped down beside the couch and proceeded to rub Lily's feet.

Meanwhile, just outside the window, Sirius was selling tickets to fellow Gryffindors who were floating alongside him on their respective broomsticks. They were all enjoying the show as Sirius floated down the rows, collecting ticket money.

'Hey Peakes! You didn't pay yet!' Sirius growled. 'Pay up, or I'll try my nasty new hex on you. It hasn't been tested yet, so Merlin knows what will happen to you!'

Peakes squeaked in terror and fished three golden Galleons out of his pocket. He tossed them to Sirius, who caught them and proceeded to inspect tickets.

Once he finished, he whispered deviously to himself, 'Soon, oh very soon, you will be mine, Harley Davidson. Once you are mine, then no girl will be able to resist me.' He thought for a moment and then added, 'Oh wait, they can't resist me now anyway.'

-----------


It had been three weeks since Lily and James had started dating, and Lily had already received several death threats from insane fan girls. James informed Lily that they had no chance from the start.

Sirius had convinced James to be his psychiatrist, and James was wondering what he had gotten himself into as he listened to his best mate's problems. He had already decided that if he could distract Sirius for seven seconds, he could jump out the window and fall blissfully to his death, until it occurred to him that Lily would find his dead spirit and kill it again if he did. Therefore, after much thought, he decided he could survive a few more minutes with his insane client.

'I just can't last any longer. It has been three weeks and Robin is threatening to add another month without sex. I simply cannot go on like this. It is wrong for a handsome heartthrob like me to suffer like this. If I do it with anyone else, she will break up with me. What can I do?' Sirius inquired.

'Well, firstly, this is my cousin so I'm not so comfortable with talking about this. You were punished for ignoring what Robin said about simply not walking in on people. Maybe if you were to demonstrate that you do have manners then she will reduce the length of your punishment. Perhaps you should get her a new broom too,' James advised.

Sirius jumped up. 'That is pure genius, that is. Thanks, Prongsie!' he yelled before he ran out of the room, giggling madly to himself.

Robin emerged from a darkened corner. 'Maybe that will talk some sense into him. Thanks, James.'

'Anything for my cousin,' he replied.

As she left, Lily walked in. As she plopped down on the couch, James noticed that she looked rather gloomy. Before he could ask if anything was wrong, Robin was talking to Lily in some strange code.

'Are you-?'

'Yes. Two-'

'Oh, Merlin! Are you going to-?'

'Soon. I haven't decided when-'

'Are you okay-?'

'I think so-’

'Should I make the-?'

'Only if you-'

'I will.' Robin stood up, gave Lily a hug and ran out.

James was at a loss for words.

'What? Who? What?' James stuttered. 'What are you? Whom are you telling what? What is Robin making for you?'

'I'll tell you later.' She kissed him on his chin. 'Can you make me some sushi?' she asked.

'But you don't like sushi. I mean, I'll make it, but you said-'

'Are you going to make the damn sushi, or just freaking complain!' she yelled.

'Fine. No need to yell.'

James went into the kitchen connected to the common room and with a flick of his wand, the rice, fish, seaweed, and vegetables needed to make the sushi flew out of the refrigerator. With another flick, they mixed and formed several delicious looking rolls.

'I didn't know which one you wanted so I made a few different-' he stopped. Lily was crying.

'Lily, is something wrong?'

'I'm sorry for yelling at you.' She sobbed. 'I understand if you want to go.'

'Go where, Lily? What are you talking about?'

'Just leave me alone, you jerk!' she yelled.

'Lily, what's happened? Something bad?'

'Yes... I mean no. I'm not sure. I'm not ready for this.'

'Lily, it sounds like whatever is bothering you can be cured with a hug,' James said, hugging Lily.

'James, after the party, we need to talk.'

-------------------------------

'Surprise!' Everyone yelled as Tori walked into the room.

'Wow!' she shrieked. 'Thanks, guys.'

'Happy Birthday!' Lupin said happily, kissing her on her cheek.

About fifty people were in the seventh-years' common room. The noise was concealed by a wonderfully performed charm that Lily had cast. House-elves drifted around, serving food on yellow platters with pictures of Tori on them. Music was blasting out of a Muggle invention called a radio, specially designed to work at Hogwarts.

People were dancing, which now and then resulted in a house-elf being crushed by the swinging feet. Another Muggle invention called the disco ball was swinging around on the ceiling, making sparkling light all around the room. Posters of Tori had been put up and the walls had been charmed to change a picture every few minutes.

For James, the night was a strange one. First, Robin had given Lily a bubbly white drink that shone after Lily spat it out. Then, every time some one came up to Lily, the conversation went along the lines of:

'Lily, are you-?' the person asked.

'Yes,' Lily replied.

'Did someone make the-?'

'Yes.'

'Okay...' The person would then hug her.

The two strangest were Sirius and Dumbledore. Sirius had simply asked the two questions and then hugged Lily, which was strange because Sirius was, well, Sirius. Dumbledore, on the other hand, inquired further.

'Ms. Evans, are you-?'

'Yes, Professor.'

'Did someone make the-?'

'Yes.'

'Did you tell him?'

'Soon.'

'If you want, I can give you a-'

'No. I think I want it.'

'I understand. Shall I inform the staff of your condition?'

'Yes. Thank you.'

Then he hugged her.

Suddenly, James felt someone pulling him. He turned around and saw Sirius. He followed him into his room.

'What the hell is wrong with you?' Sirius demanded.

'I'm sorry, Sirius. What the hell is wrong with me? How come everyone knows what is happening to Lily and I don't? I'm her boyfriend!' James let out, frustrated.

'You really don't know?' Sirius asked.

James nodded.

'Merlin! You're a Marauder. You are trained to notice strange things. How about the signs? Cravings for food that she hates, mood swings, drowsiness?’ Sirius said.

'I don't know. PMS?' James shrugged.

'God, James. Lily is-'

'Sirius! Bedroom! Now!' Robin said, cutting Sirius off.

Sirius smiled and said, 'James, could we use the room?' He gave James a puppy dog face.

'Fine. But nothing nasty! She’s only seventeen! And don’t do it on my bed or I’ll tell Robin about your collection of Play-Wizard Magazines!' James said and left the room, locking the door.

'James, we have to talk. Come,' Lily said, pulling James into her room.

'Girls, could you go out for a few minutes. James and I need to talk.'

The pack of girls had been holding the monthly Star Catcher meeting. As they left, one of the girls asked Lily, 'Are you going to-?'

'Yes.'

Once they left, James asked Lily, 'What the hell is going on?'

Lily took his hand. 'James, this will be a shock. You're going to be a father,' she said.

'What?' James sputtered.

'I'm pregnant,' she said simply.

James stared at her. Then he fainted.
End Notes:
Please Review.
Chapter 5 by Doctor Moo
Author's Notes:
Disclaimer: The song belongs to Kelly Clarkson and the damn WMO. Many thanks to my beta, TwilightHPgirl18. review!!!
James scrambled to his feet. He could not believe he had just fainted.

'But we never had sex. Wait, is it my baby or someone else's?' James asked suspiciously.

'Are you calling me a slut?' Lily demanded.

'Merlin, no, Lily. It's just, it doesn't make sense how you are pregnant!' James exclaimed.

'I'm sorry, James. I know you don't want a baby yet. You have a whole career planned out. It’s terrible that I did this to you,' Lily said, sobbing.

'First, Lily, I had a part in this. Second, this isn't terrible. It’s wonderful. Maybe I didn't want one so early, but it’s still wonderful. If you don't want it, you don't have to have it,' James said holding Lily in his arms.

'I already told Dumbledore that I want to keep it.'

'So, what are we going to name him?'

'Him? How do you know it’s not a girl?

'Well, whatever it is, what will you name it?'

'If it’s a boy, then Harry.'

'If it’s a girl?'

'James Jr.'

'Hey!' James yelped.

Lily stepped closer and planted a kiss on James' lips.

'What say you to a little snogging session?' Lily asked seductively.

'You’re so sexy when you’re trying to seduce me, Lily,' James said, falling onto Lily's bed.

------

The next morning, Lily woke James up early, due to the Hogwarts Express's early departure time. The entire group, minus Peter who was preoccupied with saying good-bye to Selena, walked down to the train. After settling down in there compartment, the two Heads patrolled the train for an hour, before retiring to their compartment.

'Lily, wow, that's a big baby bump,' Sirius remarked.

'What bump? It's far too early for a bump,' Lily said confusedly.

'I meant that she's eating too much,' Sirius whispered in Robin's ear, which earned him a punch in the unspeakable.

'I heard that, Black!' Lily warned.

‘Robin, please! Never, ever, and I mean ever, should you punch a guy in his baby-makers. Ever!’ Sirius cried, holding back tears of pain.

As James entered the room, Sirius jumped up.

'Sirius, are you ready?' James asked.

'Sure, Prongsie. Lily, Robin. Prongs and I have composed a song for you.'

The two stood up and began to sing, 'we know that we got issues, but your pretty messed up too.'

'Hey!' Lily and Robin yelled in unison.

Sirius and James apologized and continued, 'Either way we found out, we're nothing without you. Because we belong together now, yeah. Forever united here somehow, yeah. You've got a piece of us, and honestly our lives would suck without you.'

'How sweet,' Lily said, kissing James softly on the nose.

‘Who did you steal the lyrics from?’ Robin inquired.

‘Trelawney made another one of her bogus prophecies. Something about a girl named Kelly singing it in about forty years and making a lot of cash from it,’ Sirius answered, whispering something naughty in Robin’s ear.

‘Sirius! Cousin/best mate in the room, do you mind?’ James exclaimed.

‘Sorry, James. Forgot.’

BOOM!

'What was that?' Lily whispered, her voice filled with fear.

James and Sirius drew their wands and James said, 'Death Eaters, no doubt. Those damn Slytherins!'

Lupin, Tori and Robin all drew their wands and jumped up, but as Lily tried to, James whispered, 'Lily, no. Think of the baby!'

'Fine, but, James?' Lily said.

'Yes, dear?' James asked.

'Be careful,'

'I will,' James said, sealing the compartment shut so Lily couldn't get out or vice-versa for the Death Eaters. Robin and Tori went down to the back of the train, while Lupin, Sirius and James ran forward to the front.

'Praemium Calx!' Sirius bellowed.

A volley of small boulders poured out of his wand, and as they hit the two masked Death Eaters, they exploded, sending them flying backwards.

'Remus, get to the conductor! Sirius and I will take out the other Slytherins,' James bellowed as his curse sent a Death Eater toppling.  

'Confringo!' Sirius's cousin, Bellatrix Black shrieked, narrowly missing James, and blasting a hole in the side of the train.

'Vasrumpus!' Sirius barked, sending sheets of broken glass at Bellatrix. They hit her and with a shriek, she fell to the floor.

'Sumiseri!'
James yelled, causing the wooden door frame to crack and send the wood crashing down on her.

'Such a basic spell, yet so useful,' Sirius noted.

'Silicus Firmus! Exurorgen! Vomica!'
James bellowed, taking down three Death Eaters.

'Sirius, get down!' A voice yelled.

Acting on instinct, Sirius ducked and narrowly avoided a Killing Curse. He turned to see who the voice belonged, and was surprised to see his brother, Regulus.

'Stupefy!' Regulus yelled, hitting the last Death Eater squarely in the chest.

Sirius jumped up, his wand pointed at Regulus. Suddenly, Regulus fell to the ground. Standing behind him was Bellatrix, laughing manically.

'Vomica!' Sirius yelled.

Bellatrix fell to the floor, screaming in pain. A swirl of black smoke appeared, spinning rapidly. Slowly, it cleared up, to reveal Lord Voldemort, in all of his great evilness.

'You have failed me, Bellatrix,' Voldemort said slow and coldly.

'Voldemort!' James exclaimed.

'Do not fret, young James Potter. I do not enjoy killing pure-bloods, even blood-traitors such as yourself. I would like you to join my cause. Your friend Sirius, too. Why then, I would have collected the entire Black family,' Voldemort said calmly.

Before James could respond, a bright white light appeared. James recognized it as Dumbledore’s Patronus. Voldemort gasped as the Patronus transformed into Albus Dumbledore.

'Tom, why have you come?' Dumbledore said calmly.

'Dumbledore!' Voldemort hissed.

'Stupefy!' James and Sirius yelled simultaneously.  

Voldemort deflected the spells, and in a flash of bright light, he and the injured Death Eaters were gone.

Dumbledore flicked his wand, and Regulus' wounds were wrapped in bandages.

'Sirius, James, gather up your little gang, if I may call it that, and Apparate to Potter Manor. Oh, and take Regulus, Lily can care for him. I will come by sometime during the holidays to discuss matters with you,' Dumbledore said, and with that, he was gone.

With Regulus' body floating behind them, Sirius and James made their way through the chaos to their compartment. Robin was kneeling over on the floor, bleeding badly, while Lily stood over her, muttering a healing charm. Once Lupin arrived, with a bloody nose and torn robes, they Disapparated to the garden at Potter Manor.

'James, look!' Lily shrieked.

James looked up and, to his horror; he saw the Dark Mark floating above the house.

'Wait here! Sirius, Remus, come!' James ordered, his entire body shaking in fright of what he knew he would soon see.

'No, we stay together!' Lily exclaimed.

'Fine,' James said, deciding that there was no time to argue. 'But stay together. Shoot first, ask questions later!'

'Aww, my favourite policy,' Sirius said wickedly.

Together, the five teenagers, with Regulus floating behind them, entered the Manor. As they entered James' father's study, they saw two bodies, with a pool of blood surrounding them.

'Mum, Dad,' James whispered.

'We have to a finish our search, James,' Sirius said quietly.

'There is no need for that, Black! I'm right here!' Snape hissed, appearing in the doorway.

'Snape!' James bellowed.

'Oh, this mess over here,’ Snape motioned with his wrists. ‘That wasn’t me. It was your friend here, Pettigrew,’ Snape said, standing aside to reveal Peter.

Then, several things happened at once. First, a blast of purple light hit Lily, sending her to the floor, bleeding. The second thing that happened was that a frying pan went flying through the air. Then a flash of silver light hit Sirius in the chest. Lastly, Snape Disapparated right before the frying pan could hit him. Peter chucked a book at James before Disapparating.

Ulai, the youngest of the Potter house elves, stepped into the room and said, 'Master James, Miss Robin, welcome home.’

Robin helped Sirius get to his feet, blood pouring from his entire body, while Lily had some major cuts on her upper torso. Together they Apparated to the hospital, which then, Lily and Sirius were rushed to emergency rooms.

'She'll be fine,' Robin said, hugging James.

'I know,' James replied. 'It's the baby I'm worried about.'
This story archived at http://www.mugglenetfanfiction.com/viewstory.php?sid=85614