The Rise of Hogwarts School by Snowlily
Summary:

Sephora wakes up confused, alarmed, and awed.

Somehow, that strange, birdlike lady who had been stalking her had managed to use magic to bring her here…. To a castle the four of them call Hogwarts.

Unknown to Sephora, she has been specially selected by Rowena Ravenclaw as the first student of Hogwarts School of Witchcraft and Wizardry. Soon, Ravenclaw plans, she will be competent to teach the other students that will come, learned as she will be. Maybe, even, if she excels as well as the diviners predict, she will head the school when the time of the Founders ends.

However, Sephora has different plans. Happy to be rescued from her unloving and miserable foster family, she vows to do well for her saviors.

But as always, trouble is brewing on the horizon… Slytherin, angry he was not permitted to submit one of his heirs to learn, takes it to the extreme, quarreling often and dangerously…. Helena Ravenclaw, jealous of her mother’s pet, shall cause problems…. But most worrisome, yet another war with the Goblins is approaching, caused by uncertainty about a sword…. and all are unable to stop it….

Follow Sephora Black, as she learns and teaches, fights and works to keep her beloved school safe…. Trouble is brewing, in and around the protection of Hogwarts….Slytherin is angry, Ravenclaw is upset at her continuing fascination in Wandlore instead of excelling in leadership and wisdom…..Sephora attracts far more danger and tragedy than she wishes…. And no matter what she does, she is never safe. For sometimes being the one to take the first step causes much more trouble than expected….


Categories: Historical Characters: None
Warnings: None
Challenges:
Series: None
Chapters: 1 Completed: No Word count: 516 Read: 1522 Published: 07/01/11 Updated: 07/03/11

1. Prologue : Trapped in a Nightmare by Snowlily

Prologue : Trapped in a Nightmare by Snowlily
Author's Notes:
A little different from my usual, I guess.... this is actually my first chaptered fic I think is actually going somewhere! Thank you for taking the time to click on my story, even though it's just a prologue at the moment, and please review, I really appreciate it! =)
Sephora was dreaming. In a sleep so deep she didn’t know who she was or what she was doing, she was still worried.

Sephora never dreamt. But still, in her dream, she was lost.

She was surrounded by miles and miles of little ridges. They were smooth, and she looked at them.

She could feel the time trickling past, but she couldn’t do a thing about it.

She couldn’t move.

She stared at the little ridges, trying to figure out what they were. So many, so many of them, as far as she could see, a considerable distance, considering how flat the unknown landscape was.

Where was she?

Who was she?

Sephora screamed.

Lightning crackled in the dark sky above, something she couldn’t tell: where did the nightmarish sky end, and where did the horrid ridges begin?

A silhouette flashed in Sephora’s eyelids, and she recognized the woman.

Her stalker of months had a swirling robe and cloak on, as usual. Her sharp eyes roved over the darkness, denser than oil, and alighted upon Sephora.

She smiled.

Sephora screamed again, agony of her own imagining infiltrating her dream.

Tears poured out of her immobile eyelids, and she tried to gasp, but was still.

Trapped.

Sephora felt a sensation like she was being pulled forward in time “ her feet left the ground from which they were trapped on, her head was dropped back, and her black hair streamed behind her as winds whipped around her prison.

She was being pulled forwards by her stomach, as if a hook had grabbed her. She screeched again, sobs choking her, threatening to stop her breath.

Her eyelids were closed, covering black eyes, and her skin whitened as the wind stopped, she stopped revolving, and she collapsed into a huddle of a blue kirtle on the ground.

Eyes glaring, she could still hardly move, but she did, drawing herself up, but the woman who had so haunted her was nowhere.

Therefore, where was she?
Sephora looked around.

But all she could see was darkness.

She wondered if she was conscious.

Then, a hard hand took her arm, and twisted away into suffocation.

Sephora screamed, she couldn’t breathe, she couldn’t see, she couldn’t do anything. She spun, feeling like she was being compressed, tortured.

Are we at war? She wondered, but was raw on the inside.

What did I do to deserve this? What did I do wrong?

The hand released her, and suddenly she could breathe again. She collapsed into a huddled mass at the feet of her stalker.

Sephora sat up enough to see her face “ a kind, long face with intelligent blue eyes, framed by dark hair. The woman smiled at her, and Sephora frowned, trying to remember.

The woman wearing the silver circlet opened her mouth, and gestured around her happily.

“Welcome to Hogwarts, dear. You are a witch.”

Her voice was kindly, but Sephora froze.

Blasphemy!

Her blood turned to ice, her skin to stone.

She was a witch.

She would be murdered.

Sephora yelled, and everything went black.
End Notes:
Thank you, thank you, thank you very much for reading my beginning of a story! I really appreciate it and would be ever so grateful if you would just leave me a review! I really love them and wait for them hungrily! Thanks again. =)
This story archived at http://www.mugglenetfanfiction.com/viewstory.php?sid=89309