Forget to Remember by Lily_Jean_Weasley95
Summary: James Potter's life is near perfect. He's Head Boy (Nobody is really sure why, but he's doing a good job), Chaser for the Gryffindor Quidditch Team (and doing a spectacular job there too) and has never been closer to the love of his life (Lily Evans isn't telling him off every second). They may be in a War, but James's life has never looked better. Until the worst possible thing happens. Lily loses her memory, and James is the only one who can help her remember. It may have been a dream come true if he wasn't so responsible. He can't try to make a move when she can't remember why she hates him. Or will he? Think about it, James Potter has never been one for limitations.
Categories: James/Lily Characters: None
Warnings: Violence
Challenges:
Series: None
Chapters: 1 Completed: No Word count: 1229 Read: 1860 Published: 09/30/11 Updated: 10/03/11
Story Notes:
This is my first story, so be gentle.

UPDATE: Sorry if this is annoying, but I'm switching over to Fanfiction.net for the rest of this story. My sister has been bothering me to go to her site for a while, especially with this story, so I'm moving on over. It'll have the same name, and I swear it'll be posted. Sorry if you wanted to read it, but you still can, just not here. :)

1. Running by Lily_Jean_Weasley95

Running by Lily_Jean_Weasley95
Author's Notes:
James (SURPRISE SURPRISE) is running through the corridors of Hogwarts. Why? Sirius would like to know, too. Read on, my fellow Potterheads, and tell me what you think.
And remember: The Marauders, Hogwarts, and everyone else are not mine. Queen Rowling rules over all of this creation.
********************************************************************

Heads turned when they saw him running. Normally, if he was running, Sirius Black or Remus Lupin would be after him, all of them trying their hardest to get out of trouble for their latest prank. Even Peeves had his head turned to see what would follow the boy who was sprinting down the corridor, but found nothing. He was running towards someone, not away from something. He didnÕt stop until he crashed into his best friend, spiraling them both to the ground.

ÒProngs! What are you running for? Classes arenÕt that important and itÕs Saturday.Ó Sirius helped James Potter up and dusted himself off. James was keen on running for it again, but Sirius grabbed him. ÒOi! Mate! What are you running for?Ó

ÒPadfoot, let me go, this is important. Go find Moony and heÕll explain everything. He was the one that told me. Common Room,Ó James escaped SiriusÕs grasp and started to run for it again. Sirius started running after him, and it only took seconds for him to reach James and tackle him to the ground.

ÒJames, explain now. IÕm not letting you go till you explain.Ó

ÒTHEREÕS NO TIME!Ó James screamed, trying to get away from him. Sirius hadnÕt seen James this angry in while, but wouldnÕt let him go. People were now starring but didnÕt do anything. It wasnÕt everyday you would see Sirius and James fight, but when it did happen, you let them be.

ÒJAMES! WHATÕS GOING ON?Ó Sirius screamed, angering James more. He wanted Sirius to just trust him and let him go. He really needed to be there now, and couldnÕt wait.

ÒSIRIUS, LET ME GO AND IÕLL EXPLAIN LATER!Ó James huffed and flung Sirius off him, making him hit his head on the bench nearby. Sirius has always been stronger than James, and was in shock when James was able to over power him. They just stared at each other for a moment till James spoke again. ÒJust trust me.Ó

With that, James got up and ran off, leaving Sirius on the ground, and a stunned crowd. They slowly started to walk away when Remus ran up, panting.

ÒWhat the hell just happened?Ó

ÒJames went crazy, but wouldnÕt say why. I got him to the ground, but he still didnÕt tell. He ran off in that direction. What did you tell him?Ó Sirius said as Remus helped him up, and sat on the windowsill. He put his hand on his throbbing head, and glared in the direction James had run.

ÒJames over powered you?Ó Remus was in disbelief. James wasnÕt weak, but he wasnÕt as bulked up as Sirius.

ÒYeah, IÕve never seen him like that. I donÕt know what he was running to, but it must have been really important. LetÕs go.Ó Sirius and Remus started to walk back to the Common Room in silence, Remus internally debating with himself if he should tell Sirius what he knows.

He deserves to know . . . He tackled James for information, the same information you just gave him. But he would be madder then a hatter at James . . . James will tell him as soon as he sees what he needs to. I told him it would be all right, and that he didnÕt need to be there right away, but he insisted. Sirius needs to know. But am I the one who should tell him? If he asks, IÕll tell him . . . But maybe he should hear it from James. . ? He will need to explain it . . .. well, actually he wonÕt. Anyone whoÕs been near James as close as we have for the past seven years would understand. IÕll still let James tell him . . . Maybe Sirius will figure it out. There arenÕt many reasons James would sprint like that . . .

RemusÕs internal monologue had been cut off by Sirius, who turned around abruptly once they got in Gryffindor Tower. He looked slightly mad, but curious, too.

ÒYou know why, donÕt you?Ó

ÒKnow what?Ó Remus thought it would be safer to play innocent for a little while. That way, Sirius doesnÕt get mad again, and James stays safe.

ÒWhy James ran off like that. He said to ask you. What happened?Ó

ÒWell, think about it, Padfoot. Why would James sprint like that? There really arenÕt too many reasons.Ó

ÒCanÕt you just tell me?Ó Remus has taken a liking to making the other Marauders figure things out on their own. He says that someday he might not have the answer, or they might not have him to be able to figure it out, so they need to prepare. Remus shook his head. ÒFine. He runs like that away from prank trouble, or used to before he stopped pulling pranks to be Head Boy. And when weÕre in the forest or if one of us was hurt. But you and I are here, and WormtailÕs studying in library. No good reason.Ó Sirius sat down in the couch in front of the fire. James would usually occupy the over stuffed armchair next to it, with Peter on the ground in between the two, and Remus in the other armchair. Remus took his spot and rolled his eyes.

ÒItÕs James. Why else would he run? Wait . . . How do you not know? Where have you been all day?Ó Remus hadnÕt seen Sirius all morning, which was strange for a Saturday. Every other Saturday, they would get up late and eat Breakfast/Lunch at eleven oÕclock, and relax all day.

ÒDetention with McGonagall. I guess walking into her classroom and singing that Muggle Song Wormtail likes, ÒWhatÕs new, Pussycat?Ó was a bad idea.Ó Remus laughed while Sirius started to hum the melody. It took until he got to the refrain to remember what they were talking about before Remus asked where he had been.

ÒWhy? What happened that everyone seems to know about?Ó

ÒYou remember today was the first Hogsmeade weekend, right?Ó Remus asked him. They were planning on going later in the day after James and RemusÕs Quidditch practice. Sirius nodded. ÒWell, there was an . . . accident today. Death EaterÕs showed up early this morning. Luckily, not many students were there yet.Ó

ÒWhat does that have to do with us? They probably shut off students from going today, but weÕll just use the cloak. Wait . . . How many Death Eaters?Ó Sirius didnÕt register how terrible this was until the end of his sentence, and now had a look of horror cross his face.

ÒOver a dozen. It wasnÕt too bad, but a few students were hurt pretty badly. Aurors got there only a few minutes after they started causing havoc. Do you get it now?Ó Remus had pretty much spelled it out for him, but Sirius was still clueless. He shook his head slowly, hoping Remus would give him another clue.

ÒDid you notice which direction James was running in?Ó

ÒNo . . . Towards the Hospital Wing?Ó Sirius said slowly. And then it hit him like a ton of bricks.

ÒEvans.Ó

 

End Notes:
Well, now both you and Sirius know why he ran. EVANS. Let's hope she's okay. I hope she is. Who knows.....
This story archived at http://www.mugglenetfanfiction.com/viewstory.php?sid=90219