Shall I Compare Thee to a Winter's Eve by 1000timesingoldenink
Summary: There are stories everywhere. Some reveal themselves to their characters, but most do not.

One story goes like this: Once upon a time, there were two children, a boy and a girl, who were best friends. The boy had grown up in the cold, and he fell in love with the girl’s bright warmth; he cared more about her than anything in the world. Yet fate rejected them, and one day, without meaning to, the boy shattered their friendship forever. He tried to apologize, but it was too late. He had been swallowed back into bitter iciness, while the girl remained in the light of the sun.

Yet the girl does not know all this. She only knows of the turning point in the story, the hurt the boy has caused her, the reason she would not forgive him.

These are Lily’s words to Severus at the turning point in their story.

(It is also, for no apparent reason, a parody of Shakespeare sonnet.)
Categories: Poetry Characters: None
Warnings: None
Challenges:
Series: None
Chapters: 1 Completed: Yes Word count: 114 Read: 1384 Published: 01/25/13 Updated: 01/27/13

1. the turning point by 1000timesingoldenink

the turning point by 1000timesingoldenink
Author's Notes:
Thanks to my beta, Taylor/Loony at Heart.
Disclaimer: I am J.K. Rowling, King Henry IIX, a martian, Gandalf, the xkcd beret guy, a llama, and a terrible liar.

Shall I compare thee to a winter’s eve?
Thou hast a bitter, cold and stone-like heart.
Though oft I may beseech of thee to leave,
Thou tarriest, and ne’er dost thou depart.
A raging snowstorm hath a softer feel
And temper mild and sweet compared with thine;
A melted, vanish’d snowflake is more real
Than any friendship between thee and I.
Thy icy voice betrayeth not a whit
Of warmth or care; it hath a callous tone.
Affection for thee I have not a bit;
I very much would rather be alone.
To wind and ice and thee, I shut my door.
Go now, and thou shalt harrow me no more.
End Notes:
I don't know whether the fact that it's a parody distracts from the the poem's painfulness/tragedy...or if it just sort of puts a different spin on it. Please tell me what you think!
This story archived at http://www.mugglenetfanfiction.com/viewstory.php?sid=92503