Login
MuggleNet Fan Fiction
Harry Potter stories written by fans!

When I See Only You by gossipweaver

[ - ]   Printer Chapter or Story Table of Contents

- Text Size +
Chapter Notes: Mrs. Weasley still doesn’t know about their special relationship. For Harry, this could be the last obstacle to his perfect life with Ginny, or is it?
Chapter 2 Perfect Life

“What’s going on?” Hermione bounced up from her bed and asked Ginny, who was struggling to put her night robe on.

“That scream…it sounds like my Mum, and Harry!” Ginny yelled back. “Come on!”

They rushed out of Percy’s room and ran into Mr. Weasley, Avis, Ron, Fred, and George in the hallway.

“It is coming from Ginny’s room! Let’s go!” Mr. Weasley yelled frantically to the group.

Harry and Mrs. Weasley’s screams continued to thunder throughout the entire house. Not knowing what was going on, everyone crowded inside Ginny’s room, trying to catch their breath.

“Mum, what is going on?” Ginny asked nervously as she noticed Harry clearly shaken, looking down, his hands awkwardly covering his ears, and his back pinned against the wall. Mrs. Weasley was gawping at him intensely, with one peculiar hair curler dangling strangely on the side of her face.

“Harry, what are you doing here in Ginny’s room?” Mr. Weasley asked. But Harry couldn’t hear him because he was still covering his ears.

“Harry, please,” Hermione pulled his hands off his ears and dragged him away from the wall. “What happened? Where are your glasses?”

“I…I wanted to speak to Ginny…but I didn’t know…that…” Harry stuttered as he quickly glanced at Mrs. Weasley, who now appeared dazed, trying to untangle the awkward curler while looking at him nervously at the same time. At the sight of their mother’s clumsiness, Fred and George began to laugh uncontrollably.

“I am sleeping here with Ginny because Avis and Arthur will take my room tonight!” Mrs. Weasley screamed loudly, trying to drown out the laughter. “Ginny, where were you? Where did you go?”

“I couldn’t sleep so I went to Percy’s room and stayed with Hermione,” Ginny replied, her face blushing from embarrassment because she seemed to know why Harry was here looking for her.

“Why couldn’t you sleep?” Ron asked as Fred, George, and Avis were giggling in the background.

“How can anyone sleep with that racket?” Mr. Weasley chuckled. But he quickly stopped when Mrs. Weasley gave everyone a threatening glare.

“So it was just a misunderstanding,” Hermione laughed feebly, trying to force a strained grin. After eyeing Ginny and Harry, it had occurred to her that she had better not let this situation get out of control.

“We should go back to bed now,” Hermione blurted out as she quickly pushed everyone out of the room. But before she could get a hold on Ginny and Harry, Mrs. Weasley seized the three of them.

“Hermione, you may go. Harry, Ginny, not so fast! I want to talk to you!” Mrs. Weasley hissed.

Hermione gave one last nervous glance at them before she left and closed the door, leaving Mrs. Weasley alone with them. Harry could still hear laughter and Fred and George’s voices singing, “Show’s over…” echoing from the hallway.

“Is there something you want to tell me?” Mrs. Weasley sighed at the two of them sternly.

There was a pause in the room; both of them were looking down, breathing hard, and anxiously clenching their teeth.

“Well?” Mrs. Weasley shrieked so loud that both of them jolted their heads up.

Suddenly and instinctively, Harry grabbed Ginny’s hand and looked deeply into Mrs. Weasley’s eyes. He could hear himself say, “Mrs. Weasley…I love Ginny…We love each other…We…”

Mrs. Weasley slowly walked towards him, placed her hands on his shoulders, and gazed into his green eyes. She appeared to be in deep thought. Then a broad smile appeared on her face and she abruptly hugged the two of them tightly.

“Oh, that is wonderful!” Mrs. Weasley beamed hysterically as she pounded his back, her hair curlers pressed against his face. “I’m…I’m…so happy…Awesome…My little Ginny…My baby angel…All grown up…A boyfriend…And it’s Harry…”

“Mum, you approve?” Harry could hear Ginny’s muffled voice next to him.

“OF COURSE I APPROVE, DEAR!” she roared at them as they struggled to break free from her grip. “OF COURSE I DO!”

“AS LONG AS YOU DON’T HURT HER…!” she continued screaming fiercely.

“BECAUSE SHE IS MY BABY…!” her voice was getting louder and louder.

“AND IF I FIND OUT THAT YOU HURT MY ANGEL, I’LL…I’LL…!”

Suddenly, she took a deep breath, lowered her voice dramatically, and turned to Harry, “Well, I think you know what I mean.”

“Thanks, Mrs. Weasley,” he muttered as he slowly reached for Ginny’s hand and glanced nervously at Mrs. Weasley, with a look of apprehension on his face. He was pretty sure that the entire house could hear what she had just bellowed to him.

“Okay, Harry. If I heard you correctly, you had something really REALLY special to say to my angel, right?” Mrs. Weasley turned and walked towards the door. “Very well, I will give you two some privacy, but LEAVE THE DOOR OPEN!”

After Mrs. Weasley left the room, Harry let out a very deep sigh and waited a few minutes before having the courage to nuzzle up to Ginny, who was still startled, with a look of disbelief on her face.

“I meant to say this to you, not to your mum,” Harry teased as he played with her hair.

Ginny looked up at him and sneered, “You always get me in trouble.”

Harry winked at her, “I did warn you at New Year’s that I am bad news for you, that I will get you in trouble, that…”

Ginny quickly raised her hand and immediately covered Harry’s mouth. She gazed mistily into his sparkling green eyes and mumbled softly, “Don’t forget what Dumbledore said to you. He said it is better for me to have you in my life, even if it makes my life a little more dangerous.”

Harry caressed her hand that was covering his mouth and kissed it gently, still gazing at her.

“Goodnight, Ginny. I love you. Pleasant dreams,” Harry whispered and he kissed her deeply on the lips.

In Harry’s mind, his life could not get any better now that Mrs. Weasley had given her blessing. He would no longer have to hide his feelings for Ginny. There would not be any more awkwardness now that everyone knew about his special relationship. He could see her everyday and it would be okay. Things could not be more perfect for him as he would begin his fifth year at Hogwarts…