Login
MuggleNet Fan Fiction
Harry Potter stories written by fans!

When I See Only You by gossipweaver

[ - ]   Printer Chapter or Story Table of Contents

- Text Size +
Chapter Notes: Harry wants to tell Aria there is nothing between them, but his denial of their mutual attraction did nothing but elevate their secretive relationship to another level…
Chapter 8 Point Of No Return

“Well, he deserves it,” Hermione complained bitterly to Ginny and Harry as the three of them marched back to the common room. Ron left Telepathy class by himself rather abruptly.

“Gin, you don’t believe that game…?” Harry asked anxiously.

“No, of course not,” she replied in a teasing manner. “But just to be curious, whom were you thinking of?”

“I was thinking of you,” he lied as he gently kissed her cheeks. “Remember what I said to you before? That my eyes see only you?”

“Guys, please spare me. What an awful day! AND WHY ARE THERE SO MANY PETALS ALL OVER THE PLACE?” Hermione screamed in frustration, glaring around the common room in complete disbelief. “Don’t tell me the entire school is doing this ridiculous petal removing game of hers. I can’t stand this insanity! I’m going to the library!”

“Wait for me! I’m coming with you!” Ginny hollered as she turned to Harry. “I’ve got so much homework and research to do. See you later tonight.”

Before he could answer, the two of them had already disappeared, leaving him alone in the common room, worrying about the upcoming meeting with Aria after school. So many things had happened but he felt trapped because he couldn’t tell anyone. He couldn’t speak to Hermione because judging from the resentment she had towards her, she would definitely tell Dumbledore and Aria would risk losing her job. Confiding in Ron and Ginny is basically out of the question. Besides, he didn’t even know where Ron was. Admittedly, he was very flattered by her affections toward him and he was indeed smitten with her. But he knew that the one he loved was Ginny and no other. Feeling very guilty with himself, he finally realized he had to solve this problem alone.

“I’ll just explain to her tonight that there’s nothing between us,” he paced around and muttered nervously to himself, breathing very deeply. “It can’t be that hard. Right, I’ll tell her the minute I see her! That should do it!”

As Harry hastily changed into his casual clothes, a red handkerchief fell out of his trunk when he pulled out his jacket. It was the one Aria gave him that night at the Leaky Cauldron to wipe his glasses. Wondering if he should return it to her, he quickly stuffed it inside his jacket.

Harry slowed himself down as he walked out of the common room and took his time making his way down to the castle to Aria’s classroom, trying to catch his breath. In his mind, he was busy telegraphing everything that he was going to say. He planned to tell her upfront how he felt about her, and that they could be friends but nothing more. Perhaps by doing this she would understand and cancel their outing. His feet felt heavier and heavier with every step he took. Before he knew it, he had arrived at her doorstep.

“Harry! Thank you for coming,” Aria beamed. “Come in! Are you hungry? I made you some butter chocolate cookies. You’ll love them.”

“Thanks, I’m not hungry,” he lied as he marched in. The aroma from the cookies certainly was attractive. But something much more alluring had captured his attention. He noticed she had let her flowing blond hair down again. No longer looking like a stern professor, she was wearing her regular casual clothes instead of the loose robes, making her appear much younger and prettier. He was convinced that the age difference between them could not be that far apart.

“Wait, Professor Hannibal…I mean Aria…” he suddenly pulled himself out of his thoughts and remembered his plan of attack.

“I think it’s raining outside. We ought to bring an umbrella with us,” she interrupted hastily.

Harry checked his pockets and realized he had forgotten his wand in his school robes, “I don’t have my wand with me…”

“That’s alright. We’ll share this one. Don’t worry,” she said rather cheerfully, handing him the umbrella and pointing at her shoes. “Since you’re the taller one today, now that I’m wearing my comfortable walking shoes.”

He noticed she was wearing flat-heeled shoes and she was right; he was slightly taller than her. But somehow, the idea of sharing an umbrella with her seemed completely inappropriate. He recalled his plan again but before he could open his mouth, Aria interrupted him once more.

“Harry, I really appreciate what you’re doing for me,” she glowed warmly as she nudged his arm and walked out of the classroom.

On their way to the castle entrance, they encountered many passer-bys of students, and many of them were clearly staring at them.

“Don’t worry, Harry. I’m used to that by now,” she calmly said.

Harry wasn’t sure if they were staring at her or staring at them because they were walking together rather closely. He tried to put some distance between them but it always seemed that she would only get closer. He realized he couldn’t tell her now in the halls in front of all these students. So he decided he would do it outside the castle, where it was more open and there are much less people.

As soon as they reached the castle gates, Harry could hear the noisy drizzles and spot the gloomy skies. It was darker than usual because of the rain. When he opened the umbrella, Aria immediately came really close to him, so close that his arm was rubbing against her.

Harry blushed but he pretended to not notice her close presence. He continued to walk in silence, thinking of the best opportunity to explain to her.

“You wanna see the Whomping Willow and the Shrieking Shack?” he blurted out, trying to control the umbrella because the winds were getting stronger and the rain heavier. Those were the first two places that popped into his head.

“That sounds exciting. Bring me there,” she replied, clutching her blouse and trying to brush her hair off her face. Clearly, the umbrella wasn’t of any help because the winds were blowing the water on them now as they marched on. But before they were anywhere near there, a very strong draft blew at them. The umbrella turned over and drifted out of Harry’s grip.

Without the umbrella covering his view, he noticed that the entire school grounds were deserted because of the pouring rain. Peering around, he noticed a field of trees not too far away.

“Come on. Let’s hide underneath the trees over there for a while,” Harry pointed and without thinking, he had unknowingly grabbed her hand and guided her to that direction. Running as fast as they could, it wasn’t until they were underneath the trees that he realized what he had done. Soaking wet and blushing heavily, he immediately pulled his hand away. But as he caught a glimpse of her through his water-stained glasses, his eyes became locked into a longing gaze that refused to let go. Her blond hair was dazzling with water drops and shining through her soulful green eyes. He was instinctively overcome with burning desire at the sight of her wet blouse hugging tightly onto her body, revealing every curve on her voluptuous womanly figure.

Swallowing hard as he finally managed to tear his hungry and defiant eyes away, he whimpered awkwardly, “Sorry.”

Intuitively, he removed his jacket and gently placed it over her shoulders. Trying hopelessly to suppress his yearning emotions, he quickly turned his back towards her and took a few steps away.

“Thanks,” she grinned warmly, trying unconvincingly to sound as if she didn’t notice him ogling her. She was gazing at his backside as she hugged his jacket tightly, admiring the way his wet shirt was clinging onto his body.

“Do you remember the first time we met?” she called out, rubbing her hand that was just held by Harry. “It was raining that night too, the same kind of rain like now…”

Harry ignored her and maintained his back towards her. But deep inside, he could indeed remember the two of them that rainy night as the rain and winds now continued their powerful ways. Huge splashing noises echoed throughout the dark skies. Water waves were crashing against the school grounds, creating explosive fireworks of water droplets.

“We should wait here until the rain dies down,” he mumbled softly, trying desperately to suppress the screaming sensations of his wet clothes hugging his body.

“What?” she called out as she went up behind him.

Harry turned abruptly to her, “I said we…”

Harry was startled because he accidentally collided into her when he whipped around. Their faces were merely inches apart now that both their magnetic yearning green eyes were locked with each other. Harry’s burning lips could now sense her moist warm breaths. Both panting deeply in their water-soaked clothes, she suddenly grabbed onto him and melted her face and body into his, her hands tearing their way underneath his shirt as if she was devouring his all. As she was kissing and groping him violently and passionately, Harry’s water-stained glasses slipped off his face and his jacket was pushed off her shoulders and floated to the ground.