Login
MuggleNet Fan Fiction
Harry Potter stories written by fans!

Love Blossoms Once More by mysteriousnight

[ - ]   Printer Chapter or Story Table of Contents

- Text Size +
Chapter Notes: Chapter Summary: Harry is about to tell Hermione about her secret admirer. They make their way to Harry's flat, and Hermione readies herself for the revealing of her secret admirer.

Harry hesitated. He was sweating rather profusely and was fanning himself nervously.



Hermione decided to ask politely, “What is it, Harry?” because her curiosity had gotten the best of her.



“Well,” Harry muttered finally, “I, well, I sort of…er know who that ‘Loving Friend’ chap is…”



“W-What?” Hermione stuttered, “Are you sure, Harry? Because if you have any doubts as to who it is, well, I don’t want to confront them about it and be wrong and….”



“Hermione,” Harry interrupted, “Don’t you even want to know who it is?”



Hermione ran this sentence through her mind several times. Do I want to know who it is? It will mess up the whole “secret admirer” thing. Am I ready?



YES she told herself.



Hermione answered with a simple, “Yes.”



“Alright, well, I can’t really tell you here, not with all these people and your secret admirer here”” Harry began.



“My secret admirer, here? But that would mean it would have to be someone”” She didn’t bother finishing her sentence but immediately went into deep thought. She thought about who was here and denied that it was who she thought it had to be. No, I refuse to believe it’s Ron she thought, There’s no possibility it’s him… Too bad… Her eyebrows furrowed.



“Hermione?” Harry asked after a while, “Hermione, you stopped mid-sentence, what’s wrong?”



Hermione came out of her reverie and answered, “I’m all right, I just thought about something for a moment. Where did you want to go to talk?”



“I was thinking my place might be a good discussion area,” Harry said, and then added to Tonks, “Did you and Remus want to join us?”



Tonks looked surprised but answered, “Sure, but I think it would be better if Remus showed up later with the guest,” she suggested.



“Sounds good,” Harry voiced nodding, “Why don’t you just meet us there?”



“Alright,” she muttered, and then walked off to find Remus in the massive crowds of people still at the memorial service.



“Ready, Hermione?” Harry inquired almost smiling.



“Er, I guess. Harry could you explain to me what’s going””



“No time. We’ve got to get to my flat.”



Harry grabbed Hermione’s arm and they ran to the Apparation Point outside the building. Harry Disapparated with a large pop.



Hermione stood for a moment entirely confused, but her confusion led her to curiosity and she Disapparated with a small crack.



When Hermione arrived at Harry’s front door, Harry was already waiting for her. “What kept you, Hermione?”



“Oh, nothing, I just had to clear my head before I left.”



“Oh, I see. Well, come in, I already have a kettle going for tea.”



“Great,” Hermione said smiling.



She sat in a chair by the fireplace and waited for Harry to return. I can’t believe I’m going to find out. I guess you could call it exciting, or maybe depressing. I really hope it’s not Harry. I love the man to pieces, but I can’t love anyone else the way I do Ron. Oh, Ron! Why do you have to hurt me so? All I’ve done is love you and love you and love you! How could you ever think any different? All you seem to have done is hate me! It seems as though you’re the one who makes my life miserable. If I could talk to you again I swear I’d let you know…Wait, I’m never going to be able to talk to you again… These thoughts had brought tears to her eyes, and as Harry walked in, she desperately tried to wipe them away.



“Hermione, what’s the matter now?” Harry asked sincerely.



Hermione couldn’t hide the tears anymore and let them stream freely from her eyes. “It’s just Ron again, I suppose. I mean, I’ve loved him through everything and all he does is sulk and hate me.”



“Ron does not hate you, Hermione.” How many times have I heard that load of rubbish? she thought.



At that moment Tonks apparated right on top of the umbrella stand and toppled over immediately. She looked over with a sheepish grin at Harry and Hermione, until she saw Hermione’s face. “Oh Dear, tears already? Have you told her yet, Harry?”



“No, I was waiting for you,” Harry told Tonks.



“Oh, I see. Well, we might want to tell her,” Harry advised.



“Yeah, I think that’d be a good idea,” Tonks agreed, nodding her head. She looked over at Hermione. “Alright, Hermione, dear Hermione, are you ready?”



Hermione’s tears had increased in size and frequency when Tonks had asked her that, but she still managed to get out a rather quiet, “Yes.”



Harry and Tonks gulped. Harry started the story. “Well, Hermione, a few days ago, your secret admirer came to me asking me for help. He wanted to win over the woman he loved. I made a suggestion and he took it into his own hands. He added his own creativity and heart and put it on paper””



“The letters,” Hermione said quietly.



“Yes, the letters,” Tonks intervened, “He had sent two letters to you, expressing the depths of his love for you. I don’t know that he’s completely ready to reveal himself tonight, but I’m hoping he’ll do okay. Are you ready to meet him?”



“You haven’t told me who he is!” Hermione cried out.



“When you see him, you’ll know him,” Tonks assured Hermione. She turned and went outside the front door.



Harry turned to Hermione. “Please, whatever happens, don’t do anything you know you’ll regret later. Please. That’s all I ask.”



Hermione nodded, a bit perplexed with the situation that had arisen.



Tonks walked back inside, closely followed by Remus. “Ready?” Remus asked.



Hermione readied herself for the biggest surprise of her life, the most mysterious part of her life. Excitement and Anxiety ran through her veins as she answered in a low voice, “Yes.” After so long of waiting, the moment had finally come to meet her “Loving Friend.” She closed her eyes and took a deep breath.



Remus walked someone in from outside. Hermione opened her eyes and she beheld her secret admirer.



It was Ron.







A/N: Hope you enjoyed this chapter. I'm sorry for the cliffie...sort of. =) I will get Chapter Eleven up as quickly as I possibly can, but as you probably know already, school and swimming and such are keeping me very busy at the moment. Finals are coming up in a week, and I need to concentrate on those before I update here. I may have some time, but it all depends. Thanks to all my faithful reviewers and readers!!