Login
MuggleNet Fan Fiction
Harry Potter stories written by fans!

Love Blossoms Once More by mysteriousnight

[ - ]   Printer Chapter or Story Table of Contents

- Text Size +
Chapter Notes: Chapter Summary: Hermione is hit hard and fast with the identity of her secret admirer. She has a choice of two reactions: 1) She'll take to it kindly, or, 2) She will reject it and hurt those around her. Which will she choose?

Hermione could not articulate the feelings inside of her.



But, Ron hates me! He couldn’t be the one. I bet it was all just a joke. A cruel, disgusting, barbaric joke.



What if Ron does love me?



He does. It was him who sent the letters remember?



But if it was a joke…



This was no joke…



It had to be,
she decided finally.



Her expression hardened. She thought about what she was going to say, then finally said it in its entirety: “Oh damn, another joke on poor, lonely, stupid Hermione. Am I right? You figured once I thought it was real, I would fall for it. You were right. I fell far for it. I really thought a person who would send those letters would be someone who cared about me. I was obviously extremely wrong about that. All of you did an excellent job, good acting skills. Maybe you should all go into the acting business instead of all of this magic stuff. Though you, Ron, did the best. Those letters were amazing I must admit. You hired someone am I right? I can’t believe I don’t have any friends anymore. Well, none that are alive, anyway.” Tonks gasped at the last statement.



Hermione got up quickly and made toward the door.



Ron was in shock. He wanted to stop her and tell her why he had done it. It had all been for her: his one and only love. For a reason unknown to him, he couldn’t bring himself to talk to her at that moment.



Hermione opened the door and made to leave, but Harry had grabbed her arm.



“Hermione!” he yelled at her.



“Harry, I don’t need to talk to you. And about what you said to me a few minutes ago, I think I followed it pretty well.”



“Harry, what is she…” Tonks started. But before she finished, Hermione was already out the door and no where to be found.



“Her house,” Remus said quickly. “Nymphadora, follow her, and try to talk some sense into her if you can.”



Tonks nodded and stepped outside to Disapparate.



“I shouldn’t have come. I shouldn’t have done any of this. Hermione doesn’t love me, I pushed her away!” Ron’s ears reddened as he spoke. “When Ginny died I couldn’t handle getting close to her and losing her, too! I must be the biggest git to ever have set foot on this earth!” he said half to himself and half to the others.



“Breathe, Ron,” Harry said quietly. “We’ll fix this, I promise.”



Ron sighed heavily. “Harry, we can’t fix it, it’s unfixable, we might as well give up.”



“That’s not the way to talk, Ron,” Remus said quietly.



“Well, why the bloody hell not?” Ron said through gritted teeth. “I mean, look, I’ve lost the one thing that has kept me going for the past two years, so why not give up?”



“Ron, you must try again. Ever since you and Hermione met on the Hogwarts Express, I sensed...something. It was a weird something. It was something that told me you two were put on this earth to be with each other. I don’t know what it was, but I know with all my heart, that it’s right. You two are perfect for each other. Ron, please, just try again. That’s all you can do,” Harry said sincerely.



Ron looked from Remus to Harry and back again. He muttered coarsely, “How?”



That word engraved itself into both Remus and Harry’s minds. All three sat in thought for a long time.



How would Ron be able to get Hermione back? That was the question.



Harry looked over at Ron. His ears were still crimson with anger and sadness, but he had calmed down quite a bit. Harry was remembering all the recent moments of the week. And suddenly, he realized the perfect plan.



“The mirror,” he voiced finally.



“The mirror?” Remus asked. “What mirror?”



“The one that Hermione got on her birthday,” Harry answered calmly. “If we could just get to that mirror, then Ron wouldn’t physically have to be in the same room as Hermione, he would just have to talk to her through any mirror in her house.”



“But how do we get the mirror?”



“Accio,” Ron suggested.



“Right. So here’s the plan. We go to her house, get the mirror, and come back here.”



“But how do we tell Nymphadora?” Remus asked.



“Er, well, I don’t think we really can. We’ll just have to hope she figures it out,” Harry said uncertainly.



“But,” Ron uttered, “what happens after we get the mirror and come back here?”



“That’s where you come in, Ron,” Harry responded.



“Ron, you need to apologize for everything. Make her listen,” Remus advised.



“What if she doesn’t listen? What if she doesn’t want to fix things? What if she doesn’t love me anymore? What if…”



“You need to stop focusing on the ‘what-ifs’ and start focusing on what you’re about to do,” Harry stated intelligently.



“Well,” Ron said, with a small flicker of hope inside of his heart, “let’s give it a go then.”



All three stepped outside and Apparated to the street where Hermione lived. Once there, they walked quickly and quietly down the street.

They saw light coming from the windows of Hermione’s flat and right away assumed that Tonks and Hermione were talking. They peered in through the windows and saw that Hermione was sitting alone by her fireplace, with Tonks no where to be found.



Remus felt a tap on his shoulder and turned around to see Tonks with her arms crossed and her right foot tapping the ground. She whispered, “What are you all doing here?”



Ron, Harry and Remus stared at one another. They steered Tonks away from Hermione’s window down the street a bit. “We’re here so that Ron can woo Hermione...” Harry said, “again.”



“I don’t know if that’s the best idea, Harry,” Tonks responded concernedly. “I’ve been watching her for a bit and she looks a wreck. You might want to let me go in first and calm her down.”



“And what happens if she won’t even talk to you?” Ron asked, with an almost frightened look on his face.



“Can we at least tell you our plan, Nymphadora?” Remus suggested quietly.



“Sure, what is it?” Tonks answered.



“Well,” Harry decided to speak up, “if we can get that mirror that she got for her birthday, we can talk to her without even being around. And we were hoping that we would be able to tell you, because you can lock her in a room so she can’t get out when Ron tries…” Harry paused, looked at Ron nervously and then added, “and succeeds in winning over Hermione yet again.”



“I hope you understand…” Tonks began.



“I do understand how difficult it will be. But it’s my last chance and I must try. I can’t live without her…I just…can’t,” Ron interrupted. He looked down at the ground sadly.



Tonks stepped toward him and pushed his chin up. “Ron, you’ll get her back, I know it. You two are meant for each other. I just hope she can see it right now.” She hugged Ron tightly.



Tonks let go of Ron and looked solemnly at him and then at the others. She added, “I think I’m going to try and talk to her now. I don’t know what the bloody hell I’m going to say, but I’m going to try.” She looked over at Ron again. “I swear I'll do my best to make her stay and listen to what you have to say, Ron.” She looked at everyone and said, “I’m going to try and summon the mirror without Hermione knowing, so make sure you’re all ready to catch it if it comes. Alright?” The three men nodded. “Wish me luck.”



“Good luck,” Ron, Harry, and Remus said in quiet unison.



As Tonks made her way to Hermione’s quaint residence, she couldn’t help but feel pity for Ron because of the horrible turn the situation had taken.





A/N: Thanks to all my faithful readers and reviewers again!! I know some of you are disappointed (with either the content or the length of the chapter), but I promise the next one is longer, and hopefully better!! I have found strange ways to manage my time and be able to update on here. I don't know who it works, but it does. Anyways, the next chapter should be up fairly soon, and I'm hoping it won't be rejected three times like the last chapter.