Login
MuggleNet Fan Fiction
Harry Potter stories written by fans!

Love Blossoms Once More by mysteriousnight

[ - ]   Printer Chapter or Story Table of Contents

- Text Size +
Chapter Notes: Chapter Summary: The final piece to the story. In here, there is a resolution to all conflicts and problems that still lay unresolved.
Three months later, on a splendid Sunday morning, Harry and Luna made there way to Hogwarts Grounds, where a wedding was taking place at noon. They were best friends now, and had been since they reunited at Ginny’s memorial.

Luna went to go find Hermione, so Harry went to talk to Ron, who was pacing hastily back and forth across the alter.

“How are you, Mate?” Harry said cheerfully.

“I…er…I’m doing swell really.” Ron said nervously, as he stopped pacing, and started fidgeted with his fingers. “Well, actually, I’m sweating like a pig. I’m bloody nervous, Harry. What if she doesn’t show up? What if she really liked another chap? What if””

Harry interrupted him with, “I seem to remember telling you not too long ago to not focus on the what-ifs, do you seem to remember that, too?” He grinned and Ron joined him. “Don’t worry, Mate. She loves you more than life itself. She’ll be waiting impatiently to get up the aisle, just you wait.”

Remus had just walked up. “Hello, gentlemen. How have you been?”

“Pretty good, and how about you Remus?” Harry asked.

“I’ve been fantastic. Tonks and I are getting married in April,” he said sheepishly.

“Took you two lovebirds long enough,” Ron added smiling.

“I could say the same about you and Hermione.” All three of them laughed.

“By the way, Remus, where is Tonks?” Harry asked curiously.

“Off doing womanly things with Hermione and Luna I suppose.”

They all nodded and murmured in agreement.

“Morning, gentleman.” Harry smiled. It was Mr. Weasley. “You all ready, then?”

They nodded, and he smiled. “Good, good. Well, it looks like we’re a bit ahead of schedule, but somehow, that doesn’t stop Molly from unleashing her hurricane of stress among everyone.”

He laughed, and patted Harry and Ron on the back.

“Arthur!” Mrs. Weasley called.

“Oh, I better obey. See you in a bit, gentleman.”

*****


Luna made her way to the Hogwarts Castle, to the spare room on the ground floor that Hermione said would be used as her changing room.

She heard Hermione’s voice before she knocked. “Oh, Mother! Stop worrying! Everything will be fine…I hope.”

“Of course everything will be okay,” Luna chimed in and entered the room.

“Oh dear, it looks as though Molly is trying to lift a gazebo by herself. I’m going to go assist her,” she said. She turned to Hermione and added, “If you need anymore help, let me know.” She paused before she left, and said under her breath, “She’s growing up so fast.”

Hermione watched her mother leave then yelled excitedly, “Luna! I’m so glad you’re here!” Holding up her dress, Hermione ran toward Luna, and pulled her into a long hug. Over the last few months, Hermione had come to accept Luna as a friend and part of their group of friends.

“How has the day been going?” Luna asked, as she looked for her bridesmaid dress. She found it, and looked at its beauty. It was a pale lavender dress, with off the shoulder sleeves, and ruffles everywhere.

“The last few hours have been well, hell. Fred and George almost brought the wrong ring,” Hermione voiced quickly.

Luna looked confused.

“Oh, well, they’re using my ring as a model for a new item for their shop…”

“Go no further, I understand,” Luna answered smiling.

“And Charlie brought a new dragon, whom he calls Harold. And, dear Harold tried to set fire to the entire kitchen. Charlie says he had to bring him because he’s a newborn and needs constant attention.” She lowered her voice and continued, “I really think Fred and George paid Charlie to bring it, just to irk me.”

Luna smiled. “I can see that.”

“And Fleur and Bill won’t stop snogging! We send them to do a job and everytime we check up on them, they’re snogging instead of what we asked them to do! They’ve been married how long now? They still can’t keep their hands off each other!”

“Hermione, just calm down. Everything will be fine,” Luna said, half-laughing.

“I’m sure everything will fall into place, Hermione,” Tonks said entering the room.

“Tonks! Good thing you’re here. Mrs. Weasley, er, Mum, would have sent out the entire Auror squad to look for you if you hadn’t shown up. She’s more stressed than I am today.”

All three of them laughed.

“Girls, this is no time to laugh! Get dressed!” Mrs. Weasley’s voice came from the entrance to the room.

Hermione rolled her eyes and continued to fix her hair.

“Hermione?” Luna asked.

“Yes, Luna?” Hermione asked, concernedly.

“Are you…nervous?”

Hermione thought about this. She and Ron had loved each other for so long, gone through so much, yet, now, after everything, they were happy. She decided that she could never be nervous, and was more excited to get down the aisle now then before.

“Of course not. It’s just Ronald.” She laughed.

The three of them continued getting ready, as more guests arrived and took their seats.

Outside, Ron continued pacing, though Harry and Remus had tried to calm him down.

Remus whispered to Harry, “He’ll have to get over it, soon, because all of the guests are here, and the music is due to start any moment.”

About five minutes after Remus said this, the music started, and Ron stiffened substantially.

As the music played, Harry and Remus smiled to see Luna and Tonks coming down the aisle in their beautiful lavender dresses, with extravagant smiles on their faces.

They stood on one side of the alter, while the men were on the other side. The orchestra changed the tune of their song to “Here Comes the Bride,” and Ron could not move.
He saw a beautiful angel walking down the aisle, in a gown of white, that brought out everything beautiful in her. Her smile, her eyes, her everything. Ron did only what he could do at the moment: smile.

Hermione came and stood next to Ron, and she grabbed him hand. “It’ll be okay, Ron,” she whispered to him, sensing his nervousness.

This calmed him down somewhat, though he realized the vow that he would have to say in a moment, and his anxiety continued.

“Dearly Beloved, we are gathered here today…” Neither Ron nor Hermione could concentrate on what the priest was saying. They instead, looked at each other and smiled for a long time.

They were thrown back into reality when the priest said, “And now the groom would like to say his vows.”

Ron knew he was first. He had his vows in his hand ready to read, but realized, as he looked into the eyes of his wife-to-be, he didn’t need them. He turned to her fully and said, “Hermione. We have been through so much. This probably sounds like the corniest line you have ever heard, but it’s the truth. I fell in love with you the day we met and the train and you said that I had dirt on my nose.” He paused to laugh, as did the crowd. “I know I’ve made mistakes in the past, but what I have done is done all I could to fix those mistakes, so I could be here, with you, today. I love you, and will always love you, Hermione, with all of my heart, and I’m so glad it’s me, here, today, with you.” He let a tear slip out of the corner of his eye, and looked to Hermione, who’s eyes were filled with tears.

“And now,” the Priest voiced, “the bride would like to say her vows.”

Hermione cleared her throat, and then took a deep breath. “Ron, you are the love of my life. Though we have gone through tough times, our love has survived. It has grown stronger, and will last forever. I’ve loved you since the moment I laid eyes on you, Ronald Weasley, and that love hasn’t faded away, but become resilient since then. Because of what happened, Ron, we discovered that our love was something to be cherished forever. I want to spend the rest of my life with you, Ronald. I love you, now and the rest of my life.”

The priest said a few things, but neither the bride nor the groom tuned in, until they heard, “With the power vested in me, I now pronounce you husband and wife. You may now kiss the bride.”

Quickly, Ron pulled Hermione in for the longest, most passionate kiss he could give, and Hermione returned with the same passion.

The audience reacted with an “Aww.”

Ron and Hermione lived together happily for the rest of their lives, along with their four children (who all happened to share the Weasley trait of being red-headed).

In April, as Remus had said, he and Tonks were married, and had two children soon after.

Luna and Harry remained good friends.

This goes to prove that love will always find a way”Even through the darkest memories.

THE END.


A/N: I want to thank all of my faithful reviewers and readers for sticking with me all this time, and I do hope you enjoyed the ending. I have another story up, called Love Actually that is just starting, so feel free to review on that! I'm so sad to see this story go, but then again, that means more too come!!! Thanks to all!!