Login
MuggleNet Fan Fiction
Harry Potter stories written by fans!

Love Blossoms Once More by mysteriousnight

[ - ]   Printer Chapter or Story Table of Contents

- Text Size +
Chapter Notes: Chapter Summary: It's two days before Ginny's memorial service, and the first letter has been sent. Harry visits Hermione (after visiting Ron) and almost lets slip who the real admirer is.


After work, Harry immediately stepped outside the Ministry into the brisk October night and Apparated straight into Ron’s flat. “Ron!” He yelled, “Ron! You’re a bloody genius!”

Ron had appeared from his room, looking rather confused. “What?”

“You are bloody brilliant! The letter, the poem! Truly genius, mate!”

“Oh yeah, that…”

“What d’you mean ‘oh yeah, that’?” Harry asked rather rashly.

“Well, I don’t know if it was such a good idea…”

“Oh course it was! Why wouldn’t it be?” Harry inquired.
>
“Well, I don't know, because I’m sort of not telling her who I am. Don’t you think when she finds out it’s me she’ll be a bit, er, mad, or er, disappointed, or er, sad?” Ron rambled.

“No way. If you continue giving subtle hints like that, you’ll do just fine. She’ll probably figure out its you at some point, considering she is a genius,” Harry commented.

“Yeah, I guess you’re right. Thanks, mate.”

“Welcome, Ron. Anytime.”

Harry looked around Ron’s house for the first time that night, and noticed it was almost in shambles. With books, clothes and coffee mugs laying everywhere, the place looked like a pigsty. Ron noticed Harry looking around and said, “I’ve been really busy lately. I’ve had absolutely no time to clean this place.”

“Oh, I see. And what have you been so busy with?” Harry asked, knowing exactly what Ron had been up to.

“Oh…well, you see, Saturday is the anniversary of Ginny’s death…” Ron and Harry both gulped loudly, in attempt to hold back tears, “And I thought it would be nice to have a memorial service for Ginny.”

“Yeah, that would be really nice.”

“Yeah. So I decided I would organize it, and it’s turning out to be rather challenging, especially with work,” Ron explained.

“Do you need help? Because you know, I’ll take off work if you nee” ”

“No I’m fine doing it by myself,” Ron interrupted savagely, and then added in a slightly more mannerly way, “And besides, it’s already Thursday, so there’s not much more planning to do.”

“Right,” Harry said flatly.

There was a silence for a while. Harry was still looking around the flat, viewing the mess. Ron was eyeing his flat self-consciously. Harry finally said, “So, what have you got planned for your next letter?”

“Well,” answered Ron almost hesitantly, “Let me show you. Wait here.” He walked back into his room and was rummaging around for something for a while, then the sounds of the rummaging stopped and he returned with a small piece of paper. Ron handed it to Harry and he read the letter, smiling by the end of it.

“It’s wonderful,” Harry said finally, after reading it at least four times, “The hint is perfect! Truly ingenious work, mate.”

“I’m glad you caught my hint. I just hope Hermione does…sooner or later,” Ron said sadly.

“When are you going to send it?”

“I was thinking tomorrow night…to her house.”

“That would be good,” Harry said. “Alright then, mate, I must be on my way.”

“Alright, See you later,” Ron responded.

“’Bye.”

Harry Apparated right out of Ron’s house and to Hermione’s window. He peeked inside to see what she was doing, and just as he had guessed, she was rereading the letter again. Harry knocked on the door and watched as Hermione jumped with fright and fell off her chair, then scrambled to the door and opened it.

“Er, Hello, Harry,” she said as she opened the door and let him in.

“’Ello Hermione! Just stopped by to say ‘Hello!’” said Harry cheerfully, stepping into the house and sitting on a squishy chair by the fire. “So, I heard a thump after I knocked on the door…Is everything alright?”

“Er, yeah, everything is fine, I was just, er, reading when you knocked on the door. It frightened me a little,” she said as she reddened in the cheeks.

“What were you reading that was so captivating that it made you jump at a simple knock?”

“Er…” Hermione’s face was getting redder by the second.

Harry looked at her expectantly. “Hmmm?”

“Oh alright! I was reading the ruddy letter again okay? Lord! I can’t have any privacy can I?”

“Sure you can, just when I’m not around,” Harry said as he smiled sheepishly.

Hermione smiled, too. It was good to have friends. I should ask him what I should do about the letter,she thought. She sat in the squishy chair next to Harry and asked, “So, what do you think I should do about my er, ‘Loving Friend’ chap?”

“I think you should wait and see if he reveals himself,” Harry answered confidently, and a little too quickly.

A little too confident, eh Potter? Now, why would you have an answer like that ready? Hermione thought to herself.

Harry noticed that she was looking puzzled and wondered why. I was a bit too confident and ready with my answer…I hope she doesn’t suspect me of knowing something… Harry was worried now.

Hermione finally said with a sly, I-want-to-know-what-you-know look, “I think you’re right, Harry.”

Harry looked down at his watch. “ Oh Lord! Look at the time! It’s getting really late! I’ve got to go!”

He Apparated quickly and made it to the comfort of his own home. He went to bed right away, but could not sleep. Harry had now caught himself on the hook of Hermione and Ron’s relationship reel. He lay on his bed staring at the ceiling for hours, not even the slightest bit drowsy. He thought about Hermione and Ron, and how happy they would be soon. He wished he could find someone like that. How he missed Ginny! There was not a day when something didn’t remind him of Ginny. There was not a day when he didn’t think about all of the wonderful times they shared. Harry was still truly heartbroken. He needed someone. He didn’t need just anyone, though, he needed Ginny. Harry dozed off a little after thinking about this for a long time.

Meanwhile, Hermione stayed up a while longer thinking about the letter. She realized Harry and Tonks were right, that she should just wait it out and see what happens and who this ‘Loving Friend’ character was. She climbed into bed and fell asleep. She dreamt of a man, reaching out to her, telling her in a nameless voice that it was he who sent the letters. It was he who truly loved her. And when she asked him, “Who are you?” He answered with a simple, “You should know, and if you don’t, you will find out soon enough.”

*****


Ron had been able to fall asleep that night, despite the fact that tomorrow would be another difficult day, what with work, and the second letter and such. He was nervous, he didn’t know if the letter would work. And if when Hermione found out it was me who sent the letters, what would she say? Would she be happy? Would she be sad? Would she be disappointed? Would she be mad? These thoughts swam through his mind before he fell asleep, but when he went to sleep, they disappeared.


A/N: I hope you enjoyed this chapter!! It was really hard to get it right. Chapter Eight, thankfully, was a lot easier. I'd say it was my favorite chapter. Thanks again to all my reviewers!! And an extra one to all reviewers who review for every chapter!! Chapter Eight will be submitted soon!! Thanks for reading and reviewing everyone!!