Login
MuggleNet Fan Fiction
Harry Potter stories written by fans!

Loathing or Love? by Miss Radcliffe

Printer
Summary: Lily Evans loathes James Potter. She loathes him with a passion everyone in Hogwarts knows about. But during her 7th year, Lily begins to ask herself, is it loathing, or is it something else? Read as feelings and the lives of Lily, James, and their friends unfold.



SEE NOTE ON AUTHOR'S BIO REGARDING THE NEXT CHAPTER.
Ratings: 3rd-5th Years [ - ]
Category: James/Lily
Characters: None
Warnings: None
Challenge:
Serie: None
Chapters: 24 Completed?: No
Wordcount: 37186 Viewcount: 88016
Published on: 02/25/05 Updated On: 06/16/07





1. Just a Flicker by Miss Radcliffe [ - ] (1441 words)

2. First Names and a Plan by Miss Radcliffe [ - ] (1056 words)

3. Operation R.A.G. by Miss Radcliffe [ - ] (1301 words)

4. The Heads Meeting by Miss Radcliffe [ - ] (1089 words)

5. Full Moon by Miss Radcliffe [ - ] (1179 words)

6. Hogsmeade Weekend by Miss Radcliffe [ - ] (1515 words)

7. Confrontations by Miss Radcliffe [ - ] (1172 words)

8. A Threat and an Announcement by Miss Radcliffe [ - ] (1277 words)

9. Gryffindor Vs. Slytherin by Miss Radcliffe [ - ] (1355 words)

10. Truth or Dare, Wizard Style by Miss Radcliffe [ - ] (1274 words)

11. Aftermath by Miss Radcliffe [ - ] (1012 words)

12. Boys Will Be Boys by Miss Radcliffe [ - ] (1188 words)
A/N: Once again, this chapter took longer than anticipated. It was rejected for various things such as Americanisms and not enough plot. Because of finals, theater productions, and many other issues I've been having, it's taken me awhile to edit this chapter and submit it again. I apologize for making you wait so long. But now it's summer and I am almost completely free so I will be able to write and post quicker. Thank you for your patience and enjoy!

Miss Radcliffe

13. And Girls Will Be Girls by Miss Radcliffe [ - ] (1322 words)
A/N: I was so delighted at the number of reviews I got from the last chapter! Especially because I hadn't updated in so long. Thank you to all those who reviewed! True to my word, I've submitted this chapter as soon as I could. Here it is and I hope it meets your standards. Enjoy!

Miss Radcliffe

14. The Holiday Dance Part I by Miss Radcliffe [ - ] (2783 words)
This chapter took longer than I thought it would to edit and submit. I'm genuinely sorry for the delay, schoolwork and extracurricular activities have taken up most of my time lately. Yes, I've changed the Yule Ball to the Holiday Dance and edited previous chapters to make this clear. I'm trying to differntiate from the traditional Yule Ball of the Triwizard Tournament. This chapter is essentially the intro to the dance and includes some new characters and surprises.

Enjoy!
Miss Radcliffe~

15. The Holiday Dance Part II by Miss Radcliffe [ - ] (2473 words)
I'm very happy with your reaction to chapter 14! I'm putting this up 3 hours before the queue closes as a special holiday treat so enjoy!
16. Noverus by Miss Radcliffe [ - ] (1743 words)
I hope everyone had a Happy Holiday and New Year. I was extremely pleased by the quantity but moreso the quality of reviews I received for the last chapter. I was worried you'd a)kill me for making Lily mad at James, b)not like the band, c)kill me for making Lily mad at James. Although I did get a few cyber glares, I really am glad everyone liked my perspective of the chapter.

Congratulations to Hp_4_eva and Wizardlicious for being the first tocorrectly guess the Rent reference in the previous chapter. In case you didn't catch on or haven't seen Rent (in which case you should :)), the reference was the meatless meatballs on the menu at the dance, the dialogue taken almost directly from the song La Vie Boheme. There will be many more broadway reference contests in the future. Now onto chapter 16!

Miss Radcliffe~

17. The Cold Shoulder by Miss Radcliffe [ - ] (1934 words)
This chapter deleted itself while in queue and I haven't had the time to resubmit because of midterms. Sorry for the excuses and I hope you like this chapter!

Miss Radcliffe~

18. Revelations by Miss Radcliffe [ - ] (1929 words)
A/N: I was pleased with your comments on the last chapter. This is the third time I’ve submitted chapter 18 because it keeps deleting itself. Also, check out my new one-shot, it’s H/G. Enjoy!


Miss Radcliffe~



19. Finding Forgiveness by Miss Radcliffe [ - ] (2064 words)
A/N: Thanks for the positive response on chapter 18. I know I’ve really dragged out this fight between James and Lily so I thank you for your patience not only with the context of the story but also with the amount of time it takes to get these chapters up. I’m in a show right not and “hell week” (the week before opening night) is next week. But I’ll try to get these chapters up as soon as I can. I also wrote a aone-shot that can be found in the H/G category. Enjoy this pivotal chapter!


Miss Radcliffe~



20. When One Door Closes, Another One Opens by Miss Radcliffe [ - ] (2578 words)
A/N: And finally here’s chapter 20! Sorry I wasn’t as quick to get it up as I usually am. I had a huge show that just ended and I was staying up until 1 AM to do homework for a week! I’m very happy with your responses to the last chapter. I’m going for a realistic story and reality isn’t always happiness and rainbows. This chapter is mostly aftermath.


Enjoy!


Miss Radcliffe


21. Coming to Terms by Miss Radcliffe [ - ] (1209 words)
Sorry this chapter took longer than expected. Life has gotten busy and I hardly had time to write. Right now though, I'm working on chapter 26 and a one-shot for the current SIYE challenge. I've also become a moderator for Written with a Quill, Sealed with a Kiss: the fanfiction offshoot of www.hgforever.com. Hope you enjoy this chapter!

Miss Radcliffe~

22. Family Ties by Miss Radcliffe [ - ] (1151 words)
I'm back! Real life drama has kept me from posting this chapter, but on the other hand, the next chapter is also ready for posting! I also had the great honor of receiving the Most Romantic Award in last months' SIYE Challenge. Now without further ado, the chapter!

Miss Radcliffe~

23. The Beginning of the End by Miss Radcliffe [ - ] (1869 words)
A/N: I was extremely pleased with the response from the last chapter. I always appreciate your comments, suggestions, and even lyrics! This chapter is the beginning of the climax of this story and I hope you enjoy it!

Miss Radcliffe~

24. Diagon Alley by Miss Radcliffe [ - ] (1272 words)
Yes, I should be studying for my Spanish final tomorrow. But no, I am here at 10:00 posting this chapter for all you delightful readers. Just remind me of how nice I am so I won’t feel too horrible when I get my Spanish grades back. Enjoy!

Miss Radcliffe~