Login
MuggleNet Fan Fiction
Harry Potter stories written by fans!

Loathing or Love? by Miss Radcliffe

[ - ]   Printer Chapter or Story Table of Contents

- Text Size +
A/N: Hi everyone! Hope you all had a Happy Holiday and New Year. Hopefully 2006 will be better than 2005. True to my author's response to Quandogirl's review, this chapter will twist everything around. Hope you enjoy!



Miss Radcliffe



Chapter 10: Truth or Dare, Wizard Style



James eagerly tapped Sirius on the shoulder that night during dinner.



"What," Sirius shrugged.



"Did you see when I took Lily for a ride on my broomstick after the match?" asked James, grinning like a mad hyena.



"Who didn't?" Sirius smirked as he gestured at the people all around them. Sirius stood correct, the Great Hall was buzzing with rumors about the mystery flight where James Potter took the person who hated him most at Hogwarts on a ride on his broomstick. Lily was sitting not too far away from the Marauders with Alexis and Joanne. There was a faint tinge in her cheeks and she ate silently. Her friends, seemed to have a lot to say to her



"I was gonna ask you about it later," Sirius began. "But I don't mind listening now." The students around them seemed to lean in slightly at this comment.



"I asked her to the dance," James whispered.



"Aww, man! You were doing so good this year! Remus thought you were finally over her but I refused to believe it. I'm sorry mate, but you should be used to rejection by now. Better luck next time. Maybe." He added as an afterthought. He was turning back around when James mumbled a reply.



"She said yes."



Sirius turned back to James slowly. Suspicion and disbelief were written all over his face.



"Are you kidding me?" he accused. "Because if you are, you're seriously losing your touch." James shook his head.



"Oh-my-Merlin," stared Sirius. Then his face broke into a smile. He turned to Remus and Peter.



"Boys, Prongs did it." Remus glanced warily at Sirius and James while Peter asked,



"Did what?"



"He asked Lily out."



"Oh."



"Ok."



"Whatever."



"What else is new?"



"What's new," Sirius continued gleefully. "Is that he wasn't rejected." Remus raised his eyebrows but nonetheless, reached out to shake James' hand.



"Knew she'd come around one day," he chuckled. Peter on the other hand stared down at his potatoes as if they were a very interesting photograph, but no one noticed.



"This is cause for celebration," Sirius exclaimed. Then he leaned in closer to his friends.



"I say that tonight at the party in the common room, we slip some of the firewhiskey we nicked from the Three Broomsticks into the punch." The boys nodded in agreement.



"'S'bout time we played another prank," smirked James.





------------------------------------------------------------------------

It was two hours into the party when the "secret ingredient" started to kick into everyone's system. Sirius was in a current make-out session with Alexis, Remus and Joanne were chatting (though Joanne was blushing brilliantly), and James was trying to control a drunken Lily.



"Oh come on James! Where do you go on your little adventures? I've always thougt about sneaking out of the castle at night to do some partying. Is that what you do? Do you go to the Hogs Head?" Lily asked curiously through blurred eyes. James looked into those eyes, surprised, and shook his head.



"I went there once. The barman is really dodgy. Now that I think about it, the whole place was dodgy! You couldn't see half the people's faces. The people could've been dangerous! Ah well. The butterbeer wasn't great. I didn't go back there again. What's her name's is much better. The butterbeer I mean. What's her name again?" questioned Lily.



"Madam Rosmerta," James sighed.



"Riiiight! Madam Rosmerta! You're so smart," Lily complimented dryly. Then she gasped.



"I've got an idea," Lily smiled mischievously. "Let's play truth or dare."



"What's truth or dare?" asked Remus, as he and Joanne came over to Lily and James.



"It's a Muggle game. You ask someone truth or dare. If they say truth, you ask them a question and they tell you the truthful answer. If they say dare, well, you dare them," giggled Lily.



"Sounds like fun," admitted Alexis. "But let's spice it up a bit and put a spell over this room so that if someone lies, their face will turn red." Lily giggled again and cast the spell. The Gryffindors sat in a circle in front of the fire. Lily knocked a couple 4th years out of the way on her way there.



“Sooooo, Sirius. Truth...or dare?," Lily inquired dramatically.



"Truth," he answered. "Dare for me? Now that would be boring. I've already broken most of the rules in the book."



"How true how true. Hmmm...I know! How many girls did you go out with before Alexis?" Lily inquired. Sirius stared at Lily for a moment, as if not believing what she said.



"Ummm...three," replied Sirius. But all of a sudden his face turned bright red and Alexis said,



"How many girls did you really go out with before me?" Sirius looked sheepishly at her and hung his head.



"Eight." He muttered.



"I didn't quite catch what you said. What was that Padfoot?" James smirked.



"Eight."



"Eight, huh?" repeated Alexis with her arms crossed. Sirius looked worriedly up at her.



"Okay then."



She shifted over a bit so that Sirius' arm was no longer around her waist.



"Okay, Peter. Your turn!” boomed Sirius, as he tried with not much result to ignore the actions his girlfriend had just taken. “Truth or dare?”



“Erm, well,” squeaked the boy, timidly.



“Dare it is! I dare you… to streak through the common room shouting ‘All Hail King Sirius’. Go on.”



“Yeah, Wormtail, get a move on then.”



“I- but-” Wormtail was cut off by a chorus of encouragement.



If one were to walk into the common room at the moment, they would have seen a flash of skin streaking past, blushing rather ferociously, and heard a shrill voice shouting about ‘King Sirius’.



Peter scrambled back to his friends and sat down briskly.



"Remus. Truth or dare?" he blushed.



"I'm feeling a bit daring tonight," answered Remus confidently.



"Uhhhh...I dare you to french Joanne," said Peter decidedly. Whoops were met by these words and Peter grinned proudly.



"If you say so," shrugged Remus as he turned towards Joanne. He leaned into her and kissed her full on the lips. Joanne's eyes remained open with shock until she relaxed into the kiss and pulled his head towards hers. Abruptly, Remus pulled away. He looked at Joanne curiously.



"Lily, truth or dare?" stammered Remus.



"Ooooo, let me see here…truth," she answered boldly and she stuck her nose in the air.



"Why did you tell James you'd let him take you to the dance?"



James looked inquiringly at Lily. Why did she say yes? Was it because she was tired of him asking? Or better yet, because she felt bad for him?



"Why do you think?" giggled Lily as she whacked James on the back. "He's adorable, with his dark messy hair and the way he pouts when he doesn't get his way and how he tries so hard to get me to like him. I guess James Potter's charm worked on me after all." James stared at her with disbelieving eyes. As he tried to consume the air that had been knocked out of him, his mind raced. She liked him. She said yes because she liked him. Not because she pitied him.



"Lily-I-," he choked. But before another word was said, Lily passed out cold on the common room floor.



A/N: Thanks to my betas dramaanjelsj, Kaity445, and Madam Bones. You guys are awesome! Please review!