Login
MuggleNet Fan Fiction
Harry Potter stories written by fans!

Loathing or Love? by Miss Radcliffe

[ - ]   Printer Chapter or Story Table of Contents

- Text Size +
A/N: Okey dokey. I left you guys with a cliffie last time didn't I? Well here's chapter 11. It's mostly aftermath of chapter 10. I'm still writing chapter 16 and I haven't typed up 15 yet (bad author, bad author). It's taking me a while to organize all my ideas. Thanks soooo much for all of your reviews! They really do inspire me to write more. I really hope you enjoy this chapter. I especially want reviews for this one! It'll help me to decide which scenes I'll put where in later chapters. Enjoy!



Miss Radcliffe



Chapter 11: Hangover



Lily blearily opened her eyes. Light streamed into them and she quickly shut them with an agonizing moan.



“Morning sleepyhead,” smiled someone hovering above her.



“Hey Jo! She’s up!”



Lily moaned yet again at the shrill sound of her friends' voice and covered her head with her pillow. She dully noticed a throbbing in her head.



“Do you think she remembers?” pondered Alexis’ voice, which was muffled by the pillow.



“Probably not. She passed out right after,” Joanne explained. Lily uncovered her face and frowned.



“Who passed out?” she croaked.



“You did. Right after revealing, let’s just say, some feelings for a certain Head Boy,” giggled Alexis.



“I don’t think so,” Lily argued as she weakly pushed herself up. “One, I most definitely don’t have feelings for James. And even if I did, I wouldn’t just voice them casually like that. In any case, I would’ve remembered.”



“You were wasted,” corrected Joanne as she pressed a wet cloth to Lily’s forehead.



“Beyond wasted really,” said Alexis. “We used Sobering Charms on ourselves. We put one on you too, but in only went so far.”



“But there wasn’t any firewhisky,” reasoned Lily.



“Someone spiked the punch,” assured Joanne.



“And I’ve got a good idea who,” Alexis snarled.



“So you’re saying I admitted liking…James?” asked Lily incredulously as if there were no farther thing from reality. Alexis and Joanne shared a significant look before turning to Lily with amused smiles dancing across their faces. They nodded.



“Impossible. No, I can’t have. I never, ever would have said or-or even thought that,” Lily fought desperately.



“Lils, would we lie to you about this?” Joanne said softly. Lily looked her two best friends in the eye and gave in with a deep sigh.



“What did I do.”





------------------------------------------------------------------------

“Honestly, is she gonna keep this up for the rest of term?” Whined Sirius as he shoved a waffle into his mouth. On the other side of the Gryffindor table, Alexis huffily sat down next to Lily.



For what Sirius claimed to be the twelfth time, Alexis had stiffly ignored every comment or apology Sirius had sent her way.



“Padfoot, she’s obviously still mad about the whole “girlfriend thing,” explained Remus.



“Yeah, I realize that,” Sirius stressed. “But we’ll never make up if she ignores every-single-thing-I say!,” Sirius stabbed his fork into his hash browns so ferociously that they flew into the air and landed on Peter’s head.



“Sorry Wormtail,” mumbled Sirius.



“Well you’ve never been able to stand the silent treatment for long,” smirked James.



“I see Lily hasn’t been so talkative either,” Sirius shot back.



Indeed, Lily not only ignored James, she avoided him at all costs. When the bell rang after the classes they took together, she was the first one out the door. The school was once again filled with rumors about the Head Boy and Girl.



“I’m gonna get going,” said James. “It’s a good five minute walk to Transfiguation.” James curtly stood and made his way out of the Great Hall.



Shortly after James left, benches scraped the floor and students and teachers began exiting the Great Hall. Remus caught a girl by the shoulder. She turned to face him but stared down at her shoes.



“Jo, what happened last week? I know that wasn’t a casual kiss. I really-”



But Joanne quickly turned and pushed her way to the doors of the Great Hall.



“Women,” muttered Sirius consolingly to Remus as he steered him in the direction of the Entrance Hall.





------------------------------------------------------------------------

Sirius brushed away a branch and entered a familiar grove that sat by the lakeshore. He turned towards the lake to find a girl with wavy brown hair that fell to her waist. Her eyes were red and puffy, as if she’d been crying for a very long time.



She heard the rustling of the branch Sirius had pulled away moments before. She whipped around and her angry eyes landed on him.



“Lex, please. Just let me explain,” Sirius pleaded.



“Explain? Explain what? How you told me I wasn’t like the other girls? How you lied to me? How I was stupid enough to believe you?”



She let out a huge sob and Sirius walked over to her and put his arms around her.



“Alexis, I meant it and still mean it when I say you are not like any other girl I’ve ever known. None of them believed in me. None of them went out with me because they knew me and liked me for who I am, not who I appear to be. And none of them made me feel the way I feel when I’m with you. I never lied to you and I never will. When I’m not with you, I feel like part of me is missing. Like part of my heart just isn’t there. Alexis Young, do you believe me now?”



He reached out and wiped a stray tear from her cold cheek.



“Sirius-I-I-,” she began but he put a finger to her lips to quiet her.



“I love you too, Lex,” he whispered before he engulfed her in his arms and their lips met.



A/N: So what did you think? Remember: your reviews will help me place a few scenes I've written that aren't in any chapters yet. Thanks to my betas Madam Bones, Kaity445, and dramaanjelsj!