Login
MuggleNet Fan Fiction
Harry Potter stories written by fans!

Loathing or Love? by Miss Radcliffe

[ - ]   Printer Chapter or Story Table of Contents

- Text Size +
A/N: Hey everyone! These chapters are getting posted so much quicker! Chapters 1-13 are finished and chapter 14 is on the way. I’m losing no time submitting them. Thanks to snufflesismyhero for all her encouraging reviews. Please read and PLEASE review! Enjoy!

Miss Radcliffe





Chapter 4: The Heads Meeting



James dashed into the Hogwarts library to find Lily sitting at a table waiting for him. A frown sat on her face and she was tapping her quill rather impatiently.



“I’m so sorry, Lily,” panted James as he sat down across from her. “I was on time and then I ran into Snape and he called you “,”



“I’m really not in the mood for your stupid excuse,” glared Lily. “You were late. That’s all there is to it. Now let’s start this meeting already. I have to meet Alexis and Joanne down by the lake at 11:30.” Lily opened a folder sitting in front of her. “Now, for Item Number 1: Hogsmeade Weekends.”



“I didn’t know we got to set the date for Hogsmeade Weekends,” said a surprised James.



“We don’t,” explained Lily. “We send a list of suggested dates to Dumbledore and he makes the final dates.”



“Okay then, how about once a month,” suggested James. The nerves had just started to set in for him and he was happy he had finally found something to say.



“Once a month sounds about right,” agreed Lily. “I think they should start in October, you know, everyone will be settled in by then.”



“October it is,” James approved. “The date should be near Halloween. Gives people more time to settle in, right?”



“Right,” answered Lily and she smiled for the first time since James walked through the library doors.



“November’s date can be any time and December’s should be the week before break,” supplied James, now very pleased with himself that he was talking so much. Lily scribbled a few things down on a piece of parchment.



“The next date should be sometime in the middle of January, and February’s date can be on Valentine’s Day,” Lily decided. She wrote some more on the piece of parchment. “We don’t need to do the rest of the dates yet. I’ll give these five to Dumbledore tomorrow. Onto subject number two: Dumbledore wants us to throw a dance right before break.”



“So like a Holiday Dance?” asked James.



“Precisely,” replied Lily. “It’s a huge job to organize a ball. We need to get entertainment, decorations, establish rules and so on. You up to it James?” Lily watched James put his hands behind his head and she wondered if he even wanted to be here.



“I always enjoy a challenge,” said James as a grin spread across his face.



“Well good, because I really didn’t want to end up doing this by myself, it’s a huge responsibility and “,” but James heard no more. He was mesmerized by the way she was talking animatedly with her hands as her auburn hair swished gracefully behind her. Her emerald eyes shone with enthusiasm and life. She was perfect and he longed for her with a dissatisfying passion.



“James? Hello! Earth to James!” Lily was waving her arms frantically in his face and James snapped out of his hypnotic spell.



“Sorry, what was that?” he stammered.



“I was asking you what you thought of “ Oh, never mind,” she faltered.



“I’ll see you next Saturday then?” asked James as he rose from his chair.



“Of course,” responded Lily. As she stood up, James pulled her chair out for her.



“Until then, Mademoiselle,” said James graciously as he hurried out the door.



* * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * *



“And then she’s like ‘oh James you’re so smart’!” boasted James.



“Uh, maybe in your dreams, mate,” chuckled Sirius.



“But she did seem kinda impressed,” sulked James.



“Well, I’m sure she was, Prongs,” consoled Remus. “After all, it’s the first smart thing you ever said within wind of her.”



“Shut it,” muttered James as the rest of his friends cracked up. They passed Lily and her friends wading into the lake.



“Hey, have you ever talked to that Alexis girl?” asked Sirius.



“No, I only just got on speaking terms with Lily,” James said.



“’Cause she would look really good in a bikini,” supplied Sirius as he waggled his eyebrows.



“Has someone got the hots for Lily’s best friend?” grinned Remus knowingly.



“Come off it, Moony. I was only making an observation,” Sirius shot back.



“Help! Someone, please help!” someone screamed from the side of the lake. “Somebody please! My friend’s drowning!” Lily was shouting a few feet away from the lake on her knees sobbing next to Joanne. Without hesitation, Sirius pulled off his shirt revealing a Quidditch-toned body.



“What the bloody hell are you-?” Remus stuttered. But before he could say another word, Sirius had dived into the dark depths of the lake and James was running toward the helpless friends. Moments later Sirius surfaced with an unconscious Alexis in his arms. He laid her on the sandy shore and since he had no wand handy, began trying to revive her using the Muggle technique of CPR.



“We were only wading and something pulled her under!” sobbed Lily into James’ shoulder. Suddenly, Alexis started coughing up water and Lily pulled away from James.



“Alexis! Alexis, are you okay? Oh my god, I thought you were history!” cried Lily. Alexis looked around wearily. A small crowd had gathered at the banks of the lake.



“What happened? And what is he doing here?” she asked incredulously. Lily giggled.



“You are looking at your savior here. He performed CPR for more than a minute before he was able to revive you,” she said.



“CPR? What’s CPR?” asked Alexis.



“It’s the Muggle technique for reviving people, also known as mouth- oh never mind,” said a blushing Lily.



“Well, it looks like I’m in your debt,” Alexis said to Sirius as she weakly smiled at him.



“I think we can work something out,” Sirius grinned. “What do you say you go on a date with me and we call it even?” Alexis looked shocked and then a hint of a smile crept onto her face.



“Deal.” The crowd cheered as Sirius carried his prize into the castle.



A/N: Thanks to my wonderful betas Kaity445, Madam Bones, and dramaangelsj for dealing with the usual hundred e-mails and men graciously standing up. Review please!!!