Login
MuggleNet Fan Fiction
Harry Potter stories written by fans!

Loathing or Love? by Miss Radcliffe

[ - ]   Printer Chapter or Story Table of Contents

- Text Size +
A/N: Thanks to songbook99 and snufflesismyhero for their inspiring reviews. These two give me so much insight and so many suggestions that help me improve my story. Enjoy this one!

Miss Radcliffe

Chapter 7: Confrontations

Sirius stormed into the Gryffindor common room. Quickly making sure no one was there, he took a rat out of his pocket and placed it on the floor.

“Enervate,” he muttered. The rat awakened and saw Sirius standing over him. Its eyes widened with fear and it scurried away.

“Oh no you don’t!” shouted Sirius. “Mutatio!” A jet of white light hit the rat and it instantly transformed into a frightened, plump, seventeen-year-old boy.

“WHAT THE HELL DID YOU THINK YOU WERE DOING!” yelled Sirius.

“I’m sorry!” squealed Peter. “Joanne put me up to it and-,”

“AND YOU LISTENED TO HER?!”

“Well she-I-,”

“YOU ALMOST RUINED IT!”

“She said that-,”

“HOW COULD YOU DO SOMETHING LIKE THIS TO ME? YOU INSIGNIFICANT LITTLE RODENT?!!!”

At once Sirius knew he’d gone too far.

“Peter, Wormtail, I’m sorry,” pleaded Sirius. Peter shot him a look that told Sirius he was extremely hurt and ran for the portrait hole. On the way out he bumped into James.

“Excuse me,” he squeaked and ran down the corridor.

“How’d your date go with Alexis? And what’s up with Peter?” asked James as he sat down in one of the armchairs. Sirius sat down opposite from James, guilt drawn all over his face. “You all right, Padfoot?” James looked at him, concerned. Suddenly, Sirius looked up.

“I gotta find Wormtail,” he said desperately as he stood up. “Before he does something he’ll regret.”

“Why? Where’d he go? WHAT’S GOING ON?” agonized James. “Sit down Sirius. Tell me what happened.” Reluctantly, Sirius sat down and started from where he found Peter in the picnic basket. He skipped the part about the kiss. Right now he had to focus on his friend.

“And then I called him an insignificant little rodent,” sighed Sirius. James raised his eyebrows in surprise at his friend. “I know, I know,” said Sirius guiltily. “And then he ran off without a word. I have to find him.” Some of the adrenaline Sirius had a few minutes ago, before he talked to James, was restored to him and he headed toward the portrait hole.

“Whoa there Padfoot,” James exclaimed. “I think you should give him a little time. He’ll come back when he’s good and ready.” Hesitantly, Sirius sat down and began a game of Exploding Snap while he waited for Peter to return.

* * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * *


Peter sprinted as fast as he could through the dungeons.

Insignificant little rodent! What was he saying? I thought he was my friend,” he thought. Peter turned a corner and collided into something. No, someone.

“Ow! Sorry, Snape,” stuttered Peter as he helped Snape to his feet.

“Pettigrew,” he muttered to Peter, eyeing him up and down. “What brings you down here and so far away from Potter and his gang of followers?” he asked, spitting out the name Potter with disgust.

“I-well-Sirius-I had a row with Sirius,” stammered Peter knowing very well he couldn’t reveal his Animagi form.

“I see,” nodded Snape. “Tell you what Peter, my friends and I are having a little get together tonight. It’s in the Slytherin common room but I assure you no teachers will be there. Would you like to join us?” Peter hesitated. His friends wouldn’t like him hanging out with Snape. But then, Sirius had just called him an insignificant little rodent. Who said that the Marauders were his friends anyway?

“Why not?” answered Peter confidently.

“Good. The password is Secret. See you there Peter,” smirked Snape.

“Yeah, see you there, Snape,” waved Peter as he set off down the corridor.

“Call me Severus,” grinned Snape as he entered the Slytherin common room and the wall shifted and he was no more.

* * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * *


“And then he kissed me!” squealed Alexis as Joanne and Lily clapped hands to their mouths.

“No way, on the first date?” giggled Joanne.

“Yep! On the first date!” grinned Alexis. The girls were inside their dormitory discussing Alexis’ date.

“God, I wish a guy would do that to me,” sighed Joanne.

“Don’t you mean you wish Remus would do that to you?” inquired Lily innocently. Alexis raised an eyebrow.

“What do you mean Remus?” shot back Joanne but that didn’t keep the color out of her cheeks.

“Well I’ve noticed that you to have, shall we say, become a bit closer,” chided Lily.

“Then I guess you’re just seeing things,” retorted Joanne but not to her friend’s satisfaction. It was true she had been seeing him a bit more often than usual. Ever since the night she discovered his secret, they’d been having conversations about teachers and homework, as well as the places he and his friends went once a month. He’d promised to take her to some of them one day, and she couldn’t help but be excited by his invitation.

“So are you going to go out again?” asked Joanne, trying to push the focus off of herself.

“I hope so,” grinned Alexis. “It was just so perfect the way he had everything set up. I didn’t think he was capable of planning something that…..wonderful.” Alexis sighed, a dreamy look dancing in her eyes. “And he’s a really good kisser,” she giggled.

“That’s because he’s been kissed before. Quite a lot actually,” pointed out Lily.

“Well if that’s all those girls have ever done for him, I’m happy with the result,” laughed Alexis. Lily and Joanne looked at each other, and threw their pillows at Alexis. She stopped laughing instantly. She started to say ‘hey!’ but her words were smothered by another pillow. Alexis smiled mischievously.

“Pillow fight!” she shouted and the pillows began to fly.

A/N: And once again the plot thickens. I love that phrase so I'm sorry if I overuse it. As promised here's your spoiler:

MADMAN THREATENS WIZARDING WORLD
By Kenneth Jennings

Late Friday night, the Minister of Magic was returning from a meeting with the head of Gringott’s Bank only to find his office in complete disarray. He called in specialized Hit Wizards to search the room in case of anything dangerous. An enchanted piece of parchment was recovered. It was drenched in a mysterious bright green potion that burned anyone who touches it. On the parchment was a picture of a skull with a snake protruding from its mouth. The bottom of the parchment read......

and i'm not gonna tell you what 'cause i'm eeeeevil. Hehe. Thanks to my awesome betas Madam Bones and dramaanjelsj. I want reviews people. The ratio of reads to reviews does not make any sense to people. Your reviews will help me make my story better, thus letting you enjoy it more. Chapter 8 will be up as soon as possible!

Miss Radcliffe