Login
MuggleNet Fan Fiction
Harry Potter stories written by fans!

Loathing or Love? by Miss Radcliffe

[ - ]   Printer Chapter or Story Table of Contents

- Text Size +
A/N: I’m sorry this took so long! I submitted it four times and it kept deleting itself. I was busy with schoolwork, a show, and a terrible couple of weeks. What did you think of the new movie? I saw it at midnight and thought they cut out a ton but otherwise it was amazing? Leave me a review letting me know. A special thanks to Natasha Johnson for reviewing every single one of my chapters in one day. Enjoy this chapter and since I probably won’t get a chapter validated after this one before the queue closes on the twenty-second, Happy Holidays. I’m getting a Harry Potter Scene It Game!

Miss Radcliffe



Chapter 9: Gryffindor Vs. Slytherin

"I'll bet you fourteen galleons for Gryffindor."



The Slytherin boy Alexis was betting against raised his eyebrows at her.



"Eleven."



"Thirteen."



"Deal." Alexis and the boy shook hands and then he walked away towards the people in green and grey clothing.



"Looks like rain," commented Remus as he looked up at the sky. "Hopefully it'll be a short match."



"Here they come!" Joanne's words were almost lost amid the shrieking and cheering that came from the other side of the stands. The Slytherin team took their places across the pitch.



"On the Gryffindor Team, it's Captain Potter, Chaplan, Polluck, Marina, Black, McCallen, and Steele!" Noise erupted from the red and gold side of the stands as the players took their places. The Bludgers zoomed out of their captive box and the Golden Snitch flitted around a bit before disappearing into the stormy sky. Somewhere in the middle of the pitch, a whistle sounded and a giant red ball was thrown into the air.



"Polluck snatches the Quaffle out of reach of Slytherin chaser Hadley and they're off! Polluck passes to Potter who passes to Chaplan and- oh! Intercepted by Shiel and he zooms off toward the other side of the pitch, bumping into Marina on the way. He's getting close to the goal posts now. And the Quaffle is knocked out of Shiels hands by a Bludger hit by Black. Potter catches the Quaffle and passes to Polluck while Black does what seems to be a victory lap." The commentator was right: Sirius, was making his way around the pitch while girls around him called out to him and blew him kisses. Alexis frowned from her place in the stands.



"Get a move on!" strained James as he passed by Sirius. Regretfully, Sirius resumed his position as beater, much to Alexis' delight. The match continued on in a very uneventful way. As Gryffindor scored its first goal of the game, it began to drizzle. Soon, the drizzle became a pouring rain Gryffindor was losing 10-60. The odds didn't look good and the weather kept worsening.



"Ouch! Hadley and Shiel rammed into McCallen and it looks like he's knocked out. Madam Tiernay calls time. She's taken McCallen off the pitch and is ridiculing Shiel. He appears to believe it was an accident. What a load of bull." Even Professor McGonagall didn't notice this comment. She was way too busy threatening to curse Shiel into oblivion.



"Penalty shot to Gryffindor!" The red and gold side of the stands roared with approval as James easily scored a goal on the Slytherin keeper.



"20-60 Slytherin." The word “Slytherin” was barely out of the commentator's mouth before Gryffindor's seeker, Steele snatched a fluttering speck of gold out from under his nose.



"And with a spectacular catch of the snitch from Victoria Steele, Gryffindor wins 170-60!" As the Gryffindor team did their victory lap, James caught sight of a red head in the stands not too far away. He flew over to her and tapped her on the shoulder.



"Care for a ride?" he grinned.



"Well-I-," she started, but her words were halted by a pair of strong arms lifting her onto a broomstick. She gasped and closed her eyes while holding tight to the boy in front of her.



"And it looks like Captain Potter has collected a prize," smirked the commentator.



"James what are you doing? Wow……I’ve never seen the pitch from this point of view before,” marveled Lily as she peered around her through the rain. “James we should go inside, I’m soaked through!”



"Not to worry, our ride is almost over," James grinned. He slowed to a stop in the middle of the pitch and turned to her as best as he could on a broomstick.



"Lily, I know I've asked you to go out with me dozens of times. And of course, each time you said no. I was wondering if you'd be willing to give it a try now and go to the Holiday Dance with me." Lily looked at him, flabbergasted. She saw the way his eyes were desperately pleading with her to give him a chance and she smiled at the way his hair was windblown from the game.



"I’d like that. In fact, I'd like that very much," whispered Lily. James looked at her incredulously, as if not believing what she had just said. Then his expression softened and he said,



"Great! Now, why don't we get out of this rain?" He flew downward and Lily tightened her grip around his hardened stomach.



"There you are," he smiled as he jumped off his broom and helped Lily dismount. "I'll see you later." James strutted into the changing rooms. Lily saw Joanne jogging towards her and Alexis behind her, quickly pocketing a hefty amount of galleons



"Lily what happened! What did he say to you? Did he-," began Joanne.



"He asked me to the dance," interrupted Lily.



"Oh. Ok then. Let's go up to the castle. I'm starving," replied Alexis as she and Joanne turned around and began walking back up to the school. Lily stood stock still as she mumbled.



"I said yes." Her friends whirled around and stared at her faster than you can say “surprise.”

"What was that?" inquired Alexis as she raised an eyebrow at Lily. A blush crept up Lily's pale cheeks and she said clearly,"



"I told him yes."



"After all those times you turned him down, you suddenly decide to say yes?" Alexis questioned.



"Are you telling me neither one of you saw this coming?" Joanne smirked.



"Do you mean to tell us you saw this coming? Because I certainly didn't and I was the one who said yes!" retorted Lily. The girls started the walk up to the castle.



"You were also the one who watched him from the common room windows during his Quidditch practices," recited Joanne mercilessly. Lily looked down at her muddy shoes as the color rose higher in her cheeks.



"You were also the one that was disappointed when he didn't ask you out yesterday when he told you he booked a band." Lily was now blushing down to the roots of her red hair. Alexis was staring wide-eyed at her.



"So maybe I've taken an-an interest in him," she snapped.



"I don't know why I didn't see it sooner," blabbered a dumbstruck Alexis.



"Because you were so busy with Sirius," answered Joanne smugly. "And here he comes now, all eager to see what you thought of his performance.” Sure enough, Sirius was bounding up the hill towards the girls.



"Hello ladies," he smiled as he slipped an arm around Alexis' waist.



"Hi sweetie," she swooned. "I won thirteen galleons off of that 5th year Slytherin. You're right, he really is gullible."



"So, ya wanna split it sixty-forty? After all, I was the one who told you who to gamble with," asked Sirius with a gleam in his eye.



"Sure. I'll give you your forty percent after dinner," smiled Alexis innocently. Sirius looked at her dubiously for a moment before grinning and whispering in her ear,



"That's my girl."



A/N: Thanks to my wonderful betas dramaanjelsj, Kaity445, and Madam Bones. Please review and once again, Happy Holidays!






hehehe I get to make you wait till after new years! feel free to contact me questions, comments, and what not using the contact option on my profile page.