Login
MuggleNet Fan Fiction
Harry Potter stories written by fans!

The Boy Next Door by gossipweaver

Printer
Summary:

The four of them come from different backgrounds, but they all have one thing in common. They are the lucky chosen few in the realm of love, and despite all the sacrifices and pain, they will never regret being selected…

If only he understands her reasons for shutting him out and keeping her distance, but… his gentleman touch, innocent face, boyish smile, and bright green eyes... who could blame her for not wanting to let go… when she sees only him… the boy next door… her guardian angel…

Part 3 of MY GUARDIAN ANGEL series:

1.My Guardian Angel 2.When I See Only You 3.The Boy Next Door



Ratings: 3rd-5th Years [ - ]
Category: Harry/Ginny
Characters: None
Warnings: None
Challenge:
Serie: None
Chapters: 32 Completed?: Yes
Wordcount: 93469 Viewcount: 106748
Published on: 04/12/05 Updated On: 10/18/05






1. Chapter 1 Replay My Love Scenes Again by gossipweaver [ - ] (2586 words)
Hedwig does her part to ensure Harry receives from Ginny, a gut-wrenching message of words handwritten with her heart. Too bad the snowy owl can’t tell him she is the author. Perhaps it is better this way, given Ginny has decided to give up on Harry and to remain only as his friend. Sadly, this is easier said than done, because it appears the harder she tries to keep her distance, the closer he is to her for some reason, so close that even he is also beginning to question why…
2. Chapter 2 A Familiar Face With An Identical Past by gossipweaver [ - ] (2224 words)
What can be so cruel… purposely arranging two people from different backgrounds, to cross paths, meet, fall in love, only to part ways…
3. Chapter 3 First Night Entanglements by gossipweaver [ - ] (2485 words)
She had forgotten how small her house was. She didn’t expect he would seek peace and quiet in her room of all places. He was the last person she wanted to see. In the end, it was nothing more than a seemingly brief innocent visit, but she found herself unable to see him go…
4. Chapter 4 Instincts Of The Thumping Heart by gossipweaver [ - ] (2062 words)
His mind tells him what he’s supposed to do, his heart tells him what he’s destined to do…
5. Chapter 5 Decorative Tears by gossipweaver [ - ] (2350 words)
The fool of her to let him in again… she can’t hide them anymore, naked secrets for him to see, all those decorative dazzles and sparkling pearls swimming underneath her eyes, but he still mistakes them for something else.
6. Chapter 6 I Said I’m Sorry! by gossipweaver [ - ] (2605 words)
He keeps telling her he’s sorry, but unfortunately for all the wrong reasons, with each one seemingly more insincere, sardonic, and unbearable, than the last…
7. Chapter 7 Like A Jigsaw Puzzle… by gossipweaver [ - ] (1926 words)
… a perfect picture only to have it knifed into a thousand pieces, waiting to be fitted back, if ever, to become what was that memorable picture once more, except it will be one filled with a thousand cracks, a thousand scars, perhaps even a few hollow holes, because for some unknown reasons, some key pieces will always lose their way and be conspicuously missing…
8. Chapter 8 Ten Seconds Back In Time by gossipweaver [ - ] (2390 words)
Just when she says she is to move on, a birthday gift falls from the skies and lands on her forehead… ten full seconds for her, “10…9… 8…7…6…5…4…3…2…1…” to relive what was once hers… to see the pair of bright green stars that had stopped watching over her since last year re-ignite, sparkling for her once again…
9. Chapter 9 The Pain Behind A Watery Magnifying Glass by gossipweaver [ - ] (2112 words)
Seeing his expressions of joy and pain is like experiencing those very emotions herself, except the impact is much more poignant, because as her beloved, his happiness and sadness seem to matter so much more than hers. For her, seeing his tears on his face is like having to stare at sadness with a watery magnifying glass… seeing him hurt just hurts so much more…
10. Chapter 10 Entrust With You by gossipweaver [ - ] (2577 words)
Last year, she finally reached out and successfully seized her love, holding him as tightly as she could, and made him hers. Today, those very arms and hands of hers just dangle powerlessly to the side, even though he is sitting right in front of her, leaving her to wonder if in the future, it would be those same arms and hands that will push him away and ultimately let him go…
11. Chapter 11 Her Man, His Girl by gossipweaver [ - ] (1859 words)
Seeing so many girls looking at him, she can only stand aside helplessly, because he’s no longer her man for her to fight for… Seeing so many girls looking at him, he can only close his eyes helplessly, because the one girl his eyes really want to see is not amongst them…
12. Chapter 12 If Only You Know My Reasons by gossipweaver [ - ] (2757 words)
He pushes ahead, she pulls away… He opens his eyes to express his feelings, she closes her eyes to hide hers… If only he knows her reasons… If only he understands her reluctance…
13. Chapter 13 Five Pairs Of Eyes… by gossipweaver [ - ] (2653 words)
…each pair with their own stories…
14. Chapter 14 Destined Peoples? by gossipweaver [ - ] (2240 words)
Storm clouds will always give way to sunshine, just like mismatched peoples will always find their destined partners at the end… or do they?
15. Chapter 15 Silent Cries From Afar… His Secret Admirer by gossipweaver [ - ] (3380 words)
The doves were Ginny’s Christmas gift to Harry two years ago. From then on, she’s been the symbol of their love, quietly sitting on his shelf, watching over him. When she decided to come back to him in the form of a little girl, she didn’t realize that the ability to love someone is a large part of being human. Even though she has fallen for him, she is determined to admire him only from afar, because he belongs to someone else…
16. Chapter 16 Foolish Girl by gossipweaver [ - ] (3437 words)
She blames herself for not having done enough, but is it ever enough… when it is for the boy she loves… when she is willing to give up her all for him… a boy who doesn’t love her…
17. Chapter 17 Instincts Of The Thumping Heart (Reprise) by gossipweaver [ - ] (3217 words)
She is… his every move… that he makes… every breath he takes…every spell he casts…everything he touches… sees… and smiles… powered by his thumping heart…
18. Chapter 18 I Heard My Love Asked About Me by gossipweaver [ - ] (3371 words)
“In the future, when you’ll eventually stop remembering me, just toss the letter to the winds, and let the rain wash away the ink, the words, and the memories… Goodbye, my Yuriko.” ~ Oliver Wood ~
19. Chapter 19 Strong Stem Tender Flower by gossipweaver [ - ] (2967 words)
“Love is like raindrops. There are no clean nonchalant breakaways, when each drop of water has its lingering strand, a unique streak that follows every one of them, just as it splashes to the ground. Oliver, if you look closely and carefully, you’ll notice it. I see it all the time. But… just like love, the more you look at it and analyze it, the more confusing it is…” ~Yuriko Nanikawa~
20. Chapter 20 Rain Chain, Snowman, Gray Star, Angel Face by gossipweaver [ - ] (3688 words)
The human emotion of love… the ability to love someone and the feeling of being loved by someone…is it a blessing or a punishment in disguise?
21. Chapter 21 Spring Winds Grace Your Face by gossipweaver [ - ] (2587 words)
When spring winds finally grace his face… that’s when cold tears will wilt her face…
22. Chapter 22 A Cradled Figment Of Imagination? by gossipweaver [ - ] (3640 words)
The jacket in his hands, the dream catcher in her room, the paper plane on her desk, the images in his mind, the voices in his sleep, … when all he sees is her… pieces of her… yesterday’s her…
23. Chapter 23 Wishful Thinking by gossipweaver [ - ] (2631 words)
She would love to see him just one more time, touch his true smile, and hear his voice call out her name once again… before she goes…
24. Chapter 24 Time... Stand Still For Me by gossipweaver [ - ] (3210 words)
“You rushed in to see me,
in my parting minutes,
before I was set to go.
Kind and generous of you,
You were as always,
at your best to me.

Your genuine heart,
boyish smile,
tender touch.
What can I say, but…
My only path is letting go.
A journey to the brutal cold.

When you cradle me in your arms,
you seem to be telling my shadow,
you don’t want to see me go.
I say it cannot be so.

I never believed it was love.
You are not mine to love.
You are mine to let go.
It is time to do so.

I truly want you to know,
I really don’t want to go,
When without you is without a soul.
Oh no. Love is no solo.

My selfish wishes, for the foolish me,
When I ask time, stand still for me.
Allow me, to cherish you,
in your embrace, one seconds more.

My dedicated wishes, for the selfless you,
When I ask time, be kind to you.
Allow you, to cherish her,
in her embrace, you always belonged."

~Samantha Ryan~

25. Chapter 25 From The Thorn Of His Rose… by gossipweaver [ - ] (2693 words)
Hearing herself speak about that day would remind her of the reasons why she loves him, and why he deserves a second chance, but how can a memory so endearing can make the heart feel so sour…
26. Chapter 26 The Footprints You Left Behind… by gossipweaver [ - ] (3890 words)
”Three months would pass us by,
We journeyed a difficult path.
We stumbled, we tumbled, but
we never crumbled.

I now understand the reasons why.
I am no longer foolishly blind.
When I look at the footprints you left behind,
I see deepness poignant determination intertwined.

I now understand the reasons why.
Footprints bear the weight of two people,
because you had been carrying me,
the entire time, the entire path, all this time…"

~Harry Potter~


27. Chapter 27 Lonely Shooting Star by gossipweaver [ - ] (2483 words)
Due to unfortunate events that struck them both, he became her unlikely friend and soul mate, and he’s determined to not allow her to end up like him, a man with a love that bloomed but fizzled like a shooting star…
28. Chapter 28 The Autumn In Her Eyes by gossipweaver [ - ] (2587 words)
He sees nothing but the deep autumn in her eyes, swirling like abandoned brown leaves, his reflection rippling over the tears, the one who gave her the autumn in her eyes…
29. Chapter 29 A Smoldering List Of Promises by gossipweaver [ - ] (4241 words)
Is it because he’s made too many promises when it comes to her, giving him the impression that… he hasn’t fulfilled enough of them… and it looks like… he will no longer be able to fulfill the rest of them…
30. Chapter 30 At The Brink Of Love and Pain by gossipweaver [ - ] (4021 words)
He said he would always love her. He wrote he would always belong to her. He promised he would always be by her side. But what is always to him? Does it mean… forever?
31. Chapter 31 Yesterday’s You by gossipweaver [ - ] (3334 words)
They are two stars glimmering in the mighty skies.

Dust and clouds between them be sands of time.

They hide their glimmers but catch each other’s eyes,

And see the images that were yesterday’s past,

Flashing in front of their eyes…

But why are images buttered with question marks?

32. Chapter 32 A Never Ending Story (Series Finale) by gossipweaver [ - ] (5266 words)
Truly loving someone is like an abiding story. Feelings of sweetness, sourness, spiciness, and bitterness, and memories of joy, pain, laughter, and tears, form what are sentences from the heart, forever weaving the story, line by line, page by page, and chapter by chapter. Like spring, autumn, summer, and winter, the cycle of feelings and memories just keep coming back. So how can they start writing a new story when the old one between them still isn’t finished, when every hair follicle on his skin still remembers her fingerprints, when her cheeks bear the tattoo of his kisses that can’t be washed away, when what they have is truly a never ending story…