Login
MuggleNet Fan Fiction
Harry Potter stories written by fans!

After the Die is Cast by Mudblood428

Printer
Summary: Since the tragedy at the Astronomy Tower, Harry has become an even more formidable wizard, but a shocking revelation may mean the difference between life and death for The Boy Who Lived. It is the final stage of Harry's quest to destroy Lord Voldemort - can he save the Wizarding World and those he loves from the treachery of the Dark Lord... and also save himself? [Action takes place in media res towards the end of Harry's Seventh Year at Hogwarts (Post-HBP).]
Ratings: 3rd-5th Years [ - ]
Category: General Fics
Characters: None
Warnings: Character Death, Violence
Challenge:
Serie: None
Chapters: 14 Completed?: Yes
Wordcount: 72692 Viewcount: 88518
Published on: 08/28/05 Updated On: 01/07/07





1. Chapter One: Cursum Perficio by Mudblood428 [ - ] (2720 words)

2. Chapter Two: Unexpected Company by Mudblood428 [ - ] (2781 words)

3. Chapter Three: Mine Enemy by Mudblood428 [ - ] (2823 words)

4. Chapter Four: Cruciatus by Mudblood428 [ - ] (3826 words)

5. Chapter Five: All Aboard by Mudblood428 [ - ] (1608 words)

6. Chapter Six: Casualties of War by Mudblood428 [ - ] (4180 words)

7. Chapter Seven: A New Generation by Mudblood428 [ - ] (4557 words)

8. Chapter Eight: Dead and Undead by Mudblood428 [ - ] (4274 words)

9. Chapter Nine: Fire and Ice by Mudblood428 [ - ] (6327 words)

10. Chapter Ten: Debts Repaid by Mudblood428 [ - ] (8283 words)

11. Chapter Eleven: Two Serpents by Mudblood428 [ - ] (9282 words)
Thank you to all who have waited patiently (and not so patiently) for this chapter. It is the final duel of Harry Potter and Lord Voldemort, and it is the enormous product of much blood, sweat, and, especially, tears. My advice to you, dear reader, is to approach it slowly, as I have chosen these words very carefully. Have your kleenex handy. Discretion is advised. ETA: Special thanks to Mudblood125 and Spider1111 for your indispensible beta work. You're wonderful.
12. Chapter Twelve: Song of the Phoenix by Mudblood428 [ - ] (9946 words)
"To the well organized mind, Death is but the next great adventure." Tremendous thanks to my awesome beta, Mudblood125 and to you, dear reader, for being so patient. ;)

Dedicated to Margie, for whom death is not the end.

13. Chapter Thirteen: The Scar by Mudblood428 [ - ] (9898 words)
"Some magic just falls outside the Hogwarts curriculum."

For Marta, who believes that "Harry and Ginny are meant to be."

14. Epilogue by Mudblood428 [ - ] (2187 words)
If you have yet to read my one-shot, "Mum, Dad, It's Me... Harry" (found on my author's page), now's the time to do so. It's the prologue to this fic, it's short, and the epilogue will make a lot more sense if you read it. And now, with much gratitude to you, dear reader, I give you the journey's end. And yes... the last word is "scar."