Login
MuggleNet Fan Fiction
Harry Potter stories written by fans!

Harry Potter and the Dynasty of the Wand by Lady Snuffles

[ - ]   Printer Chapter or Story Table of Contents

- Text Size +
Chapter Notes: The fact that opposites attract might be one reason for Ron and Hermione’s new endearment towards each other. By the time the Hogwarts Express pulls into Hogsmeade Station for another year at Hogwarts, every witch and wizard on the train knew something had changed drastically between the two friends. Harry and Ginny on the other hand decide to keep their relationship a secret because of a “dream” Harry has about ‘You Know Who.’ If their secret love is discovered by the wrong people it could possibly cost Harry and Ginny their lives.


Disclaimer: I DO NOT OWN HARRY POTTER!!!!!!


He’s kissing me. He is kissing me! Or am I kissing him? Who leaned in first? Can I deny it if it was me? Is this really happening? Wow, he is really gorgeous! I could get used to this....

Only a moment before, Ron and Hermione were having another one of there infamous rows about, none other than, Victor Krum, or as Ron would call him, “Vicky.” But now, however, the only thing running through Ron and Hermione’s minds was how wonderful it felt to finally be in each other’s arms. The entire fight had seemed to become nonexistent.

This is the most beautiful woman I have ever held in my arms. Well I suppose she’s the only person I’ve ever held in my arms...either way, she is beautiful. I want to stay like this forever and...

The sound of clapping hands was heard from the doorway of Harry and Ron’s bedroom, pulling Hermione and Ron out of the clouds. The applause, of course, came from who else, but Ginny and Harry.

“Thank you for this pleasant entertainment, but this performance unfortunately must come to an end now, as it is half past two and your audience needs to be getting to bed.” Hermione and Ron looked from the doorway, to each other, and back again, with a loss for words. Ginny was standing next to Harry with a sly smirk on her face, while Harry was grinning ear to ear; something neither Ron or Hermione seen since before the tragedy in the Department of Mysteries barely a month ago. Needless to say, they were both quite shocked to see Harry in such high spirits...even in such a predicament.

Ron and Hermione exchanged looks of embarrassment and confusion, now that Harry and Ginny were both doubled over in laughter. Whatever their two friends thought was so funny, Ron and Hermione hadn’t a clue. Ron pushed past the hysterically laughing pair, taking Hermione with him into the hallway, and shutting the door quietly so as not to wake the others sleeping soundly in the Burrow.

“Ron, I think...” Hermione began, but Ron interrupted her.

“Let me talk first,” he said this in the sweetest tone Hermione had ever heard him use. It just made her love him even more. At first she couldn’t think of a time when Ron had ever used any other tone with her but the one he was using now. Then the whole last ten minutes before the kiss came floating back into her mind...




“...Ron we’ve been over this a hundred times! Victor is JUST A FRIEND! That’s all he’s ever been and that’s all he ever will be!”

“And how am I supposed to believe that? How do I know you aren’t just saying that to get me off your back? How do I know that you don’t really like being called “Herm-o-ninny?” Please tell me!” Ron’s sarcastic remarks were too much for Hermione to handle any longer.

“Because you’re my friend, and your supposed to trust your friends Ronald! Or have you forgotten that I was one of them? How am I supposed to know that?” Hermione tried to stand her ground as best she could.

“Because I care about you and I love you....” What he said took Ron by surprise just as much as it did Hermione. When the words started coming out the volume was near the roar of a lion. The last two words were hardly louder than a kitten’s meow. RON! You can’t say that! You can’t tell Hermione you love her! Why on earth did you say that? Hermione was not supposed to hear that! She’ll never talk to you again! You have lost the best person in your life even if she didn’t feel the same way! Nice going!

“What did you say Ron?” Hermione whispered at an even quieter level than Ron’s last words. Hermione noticed he looked like he was still contemplating on what to say next.

“I um...uh...I said...I,” Ron stuttered.

“Ron did you say you loved me?” Hermione asked taken aback.

He heard a voice in his head telling him the possible options to fill in the now unbearably awkward silence. The choices being: A.) run away, B.) drop dead, C.) make something up that sounds similar to what I already said, or D.) tell the truth. Many of the options sounded like good possibilities, but in his heart, he knew the answer right away.

Deciding on ‘D’ Ron repeated his words, slowly and for the most part, clearly; “Hermione I...I love you. I love you more.....more than you could ever imagine.” He thought his legs were going to give out on him before the words were out.

As Ron spoke, both he and Hermione were unnoticeably nearing each other. It wasn’t until they were six inches apart that Ron spoke again, a little stronger than the last sentence. “I...I just wanted you to know before anything...you know...happened that might....give me regrets about what I’ve said to you in the past.”

Ron shivered as he felt Hermione’s breath against his ear as she whispered the words that he had been longing to hear for years. “You have nothing to regret anymore. Ron, I love you too.”


Their faces were so close now that Hermione could feel Ron’s slow, even breaths on her cheeks. They leaned into one another and their lips caressed the other’s tenderly and softly.

~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~

“Hermione are you listening to me? Hermione? Hermione! Snap out of it!” Hermione jolted back into reality, and realized that the kiss was over. She looked into Ron’s eyes as he repeated those three precious words she had never heard him say to her before tonight.

“I love you, and.....nothing in the world will change that. Not even Harry and Ginny laughing their hearts out in there,” he said, pointing his thumb towards the door behind him. “Just.....tell me again that you love me and I will be certain that this is not just another dream.”

“Ron, I love you. I truly, deeply, care for you. I can’t even remember how long I’ve loved you. I just know that I do.” And with those words said, Ron walked Hermione back to her’s and Ginny’s bedroom. With one goodnight kiss and another exchange of “I Love You”s, Ron returned to his room to break up the celebrating Harry and Ginny, and go to bed.




Though muffled through the closed door, Harry and Ginny could still hear the shouts of Ron and Hermione’s argument. “Ten Galleons it’s about Krum,” Ginny muttered to Harry while they were lying on the couch in Ginny’s room.

Harry laughed out loud. Ginny was good at making him do that. And he hoped that she always would be. “We’re going to have to tell Ron sooner or later you know,” Harry said stubbornly changing the subject. “Would you rather have us tell him or have him walk in on us in each others arms like we are now? No matter how much I like it Ginny....”

“...You feel like we’re doing something wrong,” Ginny finished for him. “Me too.”

“So do you want me to tell him or should we tell him together?”

“Why couldn’t I tell him myself?” she asked. “Do you think that he’ll hex me into oblivion?”

“No. I’m actually afraid that he will try to hex you into oblivion, then miss and you’ll end up causing him much worse pain,” Harry replied matter of factually. They both laughed so hard that they rolled off the couch onto Ginny’s furry lime green rug. After a few minutes of giggling on the ground Ginny found herself on top of Harry, pinning him against the fuzzy carpeting. Her eyes drifted over his soft lips, then to his smooth cheeks, finally resting on those breath-taking emerald-green eyes. Slowly Ginny lowered her head and touched Harry’s lips to her’s. She got a tingly feeling allover her body when ever they kissed. To Ginny it was the best feeling in the world.

Their kiss was interrupted by none other than Hermione’s shrieks of “JUST A FRIEND!” More laughter came from the pair on the ground with the truth of Ginny’s earlier comment, and this time Harry found himself pinning Ginny to the ground. He wondered what Ron would do if he came bursting into the room, seeing them in that position on the floor. Ron would probably turn the color of a magnificent tomato; then he would probably try to kill Harry.

Instead of lowering his lips to hers, Harry pulled Ginny up to a sitting position on his lap. There he gave her another kiss and only stopped when he heard Ron’s voice start loud and fade away quickly. Harry wondered what Ron had said to make the argument go quiet. He looked at Ginny and a fleeting glance to Harry told him that she too was curious.

As they began to ascend the stairs Harry noticed Ginny’s excitement. He didn’t think he wanted to know what was going through her mind, but she told him as though reading his thoughts.

“I think Ron finally told her,” she said as she brought her ear close to the key hole on the door they just reached.

“Nah! He wouldn’t have yet. Would he?”

“You never know.....it is Ron we’re talking about. He’s been known to let important things slip when he’s angry,” after a few more seconds of listening, Ginny spoke excitedly but quietly. “It’s practically silent. Shall we?” Harry nodded with a crooked smile on his face. He loved it when Ginny got adventurous like this.

She pushed the door open quietly, and there were Ron and Hermione. Halfway through their first kiss. Ginny and Harry just stood there dumbfounded. Smiles broadened on their faces. Harry thinking that there was nothing else he could do, started clapping. Ginny joined soon after.

Ron and Hermione resurfaced and just looked at them. Harry began what he liked to call his “Ginny Antics.” Forcing uneasiness further onto the victims of earlier embarrassment. “Thank you for this pleasant entertainment, but this performance unfortunately must come to an end now, as it is half past two and your audience needs to be getting to bed.”

As Ron and Hermione stared at each other, Ginny and Harry laughed hysterically, nearly falling down the steps behind them. Ron pulled Hermione into the hallway pushing through their overzealous friends. Ron shut the door and Harry could just barely hear them talking.

Ginny and Harry started calming down and she fell mirthfully into Harry’s outstretched arms. He caught her around the middle and scooped her up beneath the knees. Harry set Ginny on his bed and he sat next to her.

“Don’t you think that this would be a good time to tell him?” Harry asked her as Ginny looked down at the covers on the bed. “He’s going to be in an unusually good mood.”

“I suppose, but I want to tell him. It will be a softer impact on him then.” Harry looked at Ginny in concern. “And don’t worry. I wont try to send any hexes his way.....I’m not promising anything though,” she said smiling at him.

Ron suddenly burst into the room blissfully. “I love that woman!” he said with a wonderful ease. “I love her, I love her, I love her! I just cant say it enough!”

“Good for you Ron,” Ginny said with extreme importance. “Ron?” She looked at him in the ever comforting ‘I’ll always be your little sister’ look.

He looked directly at her with much concern. “What’s up Gin?”

“I have something really important to tell you, and you cant be mad. Promise?”

“Yeah I promise,” Ron said impatiently. “Just tell me what’s wrong.”

“Oh, there’s nothing wrong really. There’s just...well the thing is...” Ginny dragged on. “Harry and I, um....well we....”

“Just spit it out already!” Ron roared. He hated being left in the dark.

Harry was too quick for Ginny to answer. “Ginnyandiareacouple!”

“Wh-what?” Ron asked, hoping he actually heard something different.

Harry repeated it slowly this time “Ginny-and-I-are-a-couple. We figured we couldn’t even be in the same room without you knowing, so we thought we ought to tell you.”

“And we aren’t asking your permission, we’re just informing you,” Ginny put in quickly.

Silence followed; a long and agonizing silence. After a few more moments of hush, Ron spoke, strong and sure. “Ginny, go talk with Hermione. She told me she’d like to chat, and I think she’d want to know what’s up with...you two. I have something I need to say to Harry...in private.”

As Ginny got up to leave Harry kissed her hand and gave it a reassuring squeeze before letting go. “Ron, I better find Harry in one piece in the morning,” she said in a very Mrs. Weasley-like manner. Then, looking directly at Harry, she continued, “Vise-versa.”

She left and the room was totally silent. Nearly five minutes had passed and nothing had been said. Harry was still sitting on his bed. Ron was still staring at the door his little sister had just marched through. Finally, after collecting his thoughts, Ron turned to Harry and said, “Well mate, I guess it had to happen at some point right?” he grinned, and Harry smiled back, with nothing in particular to say. He couldn’t think of one thing to say that could lighten the mood better than Ron just had. Harry was quite relieved that it was alright with Ron for him to have a relationship with Ginny. Ron realized it was actually ok to have a relationship...period. Ginny and Hermione too, were in their bedroom saying the very same things about the boys. They were all glad to just have each other.......finally.




~A/N: Kinda fluffy, I know. It’s only the first chapter of my first-ever fanfic! (Woot!) But trust me, it gets better. Just be patient and keep your “boxers” on. Haha --*hint hint-wink wink*-- Read and Review Pretty, Pretty Please!