Login
MuggleNet Fan Fiction
Harry Potter stories written by fans!

Harry Potter and the Dynasty of the Wand by Lady Snuffles

[ - ]   Printer Chapter or Story Table of Contents

- Text Size +
Chapter Notes: What was Lupin’s answer to Harry’s question? And Harry has yet another premonition, but this one is different from the last two...sort of. When problems arise there is only one person to go to. We all know who that is.


Disclaimer: I hereby declare that Harry Potter and all things related to, from, with, or for Harry Potter belong to J.K. Rowling and no other single person or group.


The night before Harry, Ron, Hermione and Ginny were supposed to go back to Hogwarts, Harry found Tonks sitting on the couch in the living room reading, Wanderings With Werewolves by Gilderoy Lockhart. “Hey Tonks...where’s Lupin?” Harry asked

“Uhm....” She looked up from her book a little guiltily. “I can’t tell you...it’s Order-”

“Order business,” he finished for her. Harry leaned against the wall in disappointment. He had been hoping that he and Lupin would be able to go over their plans for their trip. At least that’s what they were calling it. It was more like the undertaking of the century. Lupin said that it would take them two days at the most, but that didn’t make it any less dangerous. “Is he going to be back before we go to the station tomorrow?”

“I’m not sure...he said that if he wasn’t, he’d try to meet you at King’s Cross before the train leaves.”

“Alright...I’m going to bed then.”

“Okay. I’ll see you in the morning. Are you setting your alarm or do you want me to wake you up?” Tonks asked.

Harry, remembering the last time Tonks woke him up said, “I’ll set my alarm, thanks.”

Harry could hear Tonks laughs all the way up the stairs to his room. That’s really quite funny you know...Harry heard Ginny’s voice say in his head.

What is? he asked her, quite confused.

That morning when Tonks woke you up early...I find it very funny.

You would...anyways, I’m going to bed. I’ll see you in the morning,
he told her.

Alright, me too. Goodnight.

They stopped thinking to each other for a while until they were both in bed and almost asleep. Silently, Harry thought, Does this work for that little voice whispering in your ear at night? He squeezed his pillow softly before gently wrapping his arms around it.

Next best thing, she answered. I love you Harry.

I love you too.
The next thing he knew, Harry was wrapped in another of his late-night omens...only this one wasn’t like any other he had experienced before.

~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~

Harry was standing in the clearing of a forest. He could tell that he was close to a large city because of the way the lights off in the distance reflected on the clouds. Harry looked around him and then to the sky where he saw the Dark Mark looming above him where the clouds had slightly cleared.

There was a rustling in some brush behind Harry that forced his attention away from the sky. He turned to find Lupin, crouched low to the ground, staring across the clearing. Harry followed his gaze to a group of people about seventy meters away.

Suddenly, Lupin crouched even lower and began to creep through the brush. Harry instinctively followed behind him. When they got close enough to hear voices, Lupin stopped moving. Harry heard Snape’s voice among four others cloaked in black, wearing masks. After listening closely for a few minutes, Harry discovered who the mysterious figures were. Death Eaters: Nott, Crabbe, Goyle, and Peter Pettigrew.

The part of the conversation Harry heard was, “And why would we do that?” This question was from Nott.

“Because I told you to. I am the highest ranking member here, so what I say goes! Now, go and look!” Snape demanded. At the end of his statement the five Death Eaters split into different directions, obviously searching for something in the surrounding forest. Snape was coming directly at Harry, or more specifically, Lupin. Unfortunately, Lupin noticed a second too late. At the exact moment he started for cover, Snape spotted him and he said, “Why hello, Remus.” Snape then shot a spell from his wand that bound ropes around Lupin’s chest, arms, legs, and feet. Snape yelled to the rest of the group, “I found him! Keep looking for another. I doubt that Dumbledore would have sent him alone,” then as a side note he added to Lupin, “He’s learned not to make that mistake again.”

“I knew it! I knew we shouldn’t have trusted you! I warned Dumbledore from the very beginning!”

“Why did you let him then?” Snape asked sneeringly.

Before Lupin could answer there were four different curses, three yells, and a scream that echoed across the clearing. Suddenly, Peter Pettigrew stumbled out of the brush followed by the wand in Bill Weasley’s hand. Bill’s voice was strong and full of courage as he said, “Let Remus go, and you can have Voldemort’s rat back.”

“Just get out of here while you can Bill,” Lupin demanded. Snape cast a silencing charm over Lupin, and though his mouth was moving, not a word was coming from it.

Snape smiled smugly as he turned back to Bill, whose brave face had fallen slightly. “What makes you believe that The Dark Lord’s servant would be of anymore worth to me?” Snape looked at Pettigrew and said, “Peter...I never liked you. I’m sure that The Dark Lord won’t miss you either.” And before anyone could say another word, Snape raised his wand and sent a stream of green light straight at Pettigrew’s heart.

He collapsed to the ground as Bill and Snape pointed their wands at each other. “Dear, dear Bill. What ever are we going to do now? You don’t possibly think that you could duel me for your precious werewolf, do you? If you try, I’ll have to kill you, and that just wouldn’t do at all. I need you alive so that no one knows what actually happened tonight.”

Bill stared confused. “What makes you think I won’t tell the Order that you’re a traitor?”

“Well Weasley, I’m going to completely erase your memory of today. That way, everyone will think that you were attacked. No one will suspect me, because I will be the one to find you lying unconscious in the middle of a clearing under the Dark Mark...with Lupin nowhere to be found.”

“So the Dark Mark was a hoax? The Death Eaters didn’t kill anyone tonight?”

“Well, Peter Pettigrew is dead now isn’t he?” Snape remarked.

Bill, now afraid of the possibility of Snape casting that spell on him, yelled,
“Stupefy!”

And yet only a second too late, because at the very same moment, Snape had yelled, “
Obliviate!” Bill collapsed to the ground as Snape dodged his jinx. At the same second a scream echoed through the woods. This was only heard by Harry though. Harry knew no one else could hear it, because it wasn’t part of the dream. It was the noise that was ringing through his head when he woke up in a cold sweat. Ginny’s scream. She had been with him in his dream, he was sure of it...only because the thoughts that were going through his mind weren’t his own.

~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~

Ginny woke up in her bed screaming at the top of her lungs. She was holding her head in her hands and praying what she had just dreamed was just that...a dream. Ginny calm down, you’re fine. It’s okay, she heard Harry’s voice say in her head.

My head’s on fire, Harry. What’s happening to me?

“Ginny what’s wrong?” Hermione shrieked as she flew out of bed to Ginny’s side, wand at the ready.

Calming down slightly as the pain diminished, Ginny said, “N-nothing...just a...bad dream. Really bad dream.” Hermione lowered her wand and held Ginny’s hand, trying to comfort her friend.

“Ginny are you alright dear?” came the worried voice of Mrs. Weasley from the bedroom door. Ginny looked over to her mother and saw the faces of Mr. Weasley, Charlie, Ron, and Fleur behind her in the doorframe.

Ginny shook her head and put on a fake smile. “Yeah, I’m fine...just a bad dream.” Ginny looked over to Mrs. Weasley. She could tell her mum wasn’t entirely convinced. “It was silly really. I was, I was being at-attacked by a giant marshmallow that Fred and George had created...todestroytheworld,” Ginny mumbled, laughing at the thought.

With that, Mrs. Weasley shooed everyone back to bed. “Alright, goodnight Ginny. Goodnight Hermione.” As an after thought Mrs. Weasley asked, “Ginny would you like some sleeping draught to calm your nerves?”

Even though Ginny would very much have liked a dreamless sleep she knew that the potion would make her fall asleep within seconds. She really needed to talk with Harry. “That’s okay mum. I’ll be fine.”

With that Mrs. Weasley shut the door with a reassuring smile. Once Hermione heard the door of Mr. and Mrs. Weasley’s room close she turned on Ginny and said, “What was your dream really Gin? You were thrashing about. I called your name five times before you woke up. No dream with a marshmallow, no matter how scary, would make you do that.”

Ginny stared at her pillow purposefully. “I’m not lying Hermione. That marshmallow was terrifying! It squished Hogwarts!”

Hermione still did not look convinced but she said, “Fine. If you’re okay, I’m going back to bed. ‘Night Ginny.”

“Goodnight Hermione,” she whispered. Ginny laid there for a moment before remembering why she hadn’t taken a sleeping draught.

Harry? she thought nervously. What the hell was that?





Harry awoke with a start as he heard Ginny’s pleas of please let that have just been a dream, running through his head. The pleas were alternating with the sound of a terrified scream in the back of his mind and a searing pain on his forehead which was much worse than it had been with the two dreams before this one.

Ginny calm down, you’re fine. It’s okay, Harry told her.

My head’s on fire, Harry. What’s happening to me? she asked him, while the pain in his scar subsided slightly.

“Harry! Are you alright?” Tonks asked anxiously from the door. She looked slightly relieved at the sight of him. “I hear you yelling from downstairs. I was afraid you were being attacked.”

“Nah,” Harry said shaking his head with a smile. “Just a bad dream.” Tonks eyes widened slightly. Harry knew what she was thinking. ‘Was it like the one you had with Sirius in the Department of Mysteries?’ He didn’t want to worry her with nothing, but by looking back on his dream, he realized that this wasn’t nothing. “No,” Harry moaned slightly before yelling louder. “NO!”

“What Harry? What’s wrong?”

“It wasn’t just a bad dream,” Harry confessed. He thought as quickly as he could. “Get Dumbledore...and the Weasley’s. Tell Dumbledore to bring his pensieve. This is bad. Really, really bad.” Tonks didn’t take another second to think, and she raced down the stairs to the fireplace.

As Harry pulled on his jeans and an old tee-shirt, he heard Ginny’s nervous voice say, Harry? What the hell was that?

Are you okay? What did you see?

I’m slightly freaked out, but I think I’ll be fine. There was a clearing in a forest near a city...um...the Dark Mark was in the sky. Then Lupin came and then the Death Eaters attacked him and Snape...Snape took Lupin and then there was Bill.....Oh my God! Bill! Snape erased his memory! He was-he was...

Ginny, you saw what I dreamed!

Does that mean Bill is still in the clearing and Lupin...Oh my-Lupin was taken!?

Yes,
was all Harry could manage without his eyes tearing up. Balling his fists he added, Voldemort has taken every person, who I’ve just barely begun to see as a guardian, from me and by Merlin, I’m going to get him back if it’s the last thing I do.

Harry raced down the steps as he told Ginny, Get dressed, because Tonks probably has her head in your fireplace right now.

There was a pop noise in the kitchen and he heard Dumbledore’s voice say, “What’s wrong Tonks?”

“Harry said that he needed you and the Weasley’s. He had another dream, Dumbledore. What if this keeps up?”

“I don’t know what else to do. Occlumency didn’t work-”

“That’s because I wasn’t taught by a competent teacher,” Harry said bluntly as he entered the kitchen.

“Harry,” Dumbledore sighed as if asking for patience. “How many times must I tell you that Professor Snape is on our side and that he has my trust?”

“At least once more...as always.” Harry shocked himself at his calmness with his headmaster. “I don’t know how you’ll feel about that after you’ve seen my dream.”

Suddenly there was a thunderous roar as Mr. Weasley, followed by Ron, Hermione, Charlie, Fleur, Ginny, and Mrs. Weasley, tumbled out of the green flames of the kitchen fireplace.

“Everyone have a seat please,” Dumbledore asked politely. As the group crowded around the kitchen table he added, “Now would you please explain why you have called us all here, Harry?”

Harry nodded his head and simply brought his wand to his head then placed his memory into the pensieve, the way he’d seen Dumbledore do many times before. He prodded the contents of the bowl and they were all taken into his premonition. Harry felt Ginny grab his hand that was laying on the table and squeeze it.

He squeezed it back as Harry watched the faces of the people around him. In the beginning there was both interest and fear. Towards the middle he saw confusion, comprehension, anger, and worry, and by the end there was a mixture of them all. The anger was on Tonks’ expression alone as she said, “I told you Dumbledore.” She wiped her falling tears as she carried on with more and more frustration as she spoke. “I told you that we could not trust SNAPE!” She stood up and let her chair clatter onto the ground before yelling, “I TOLD YOU ALL ALONG THAT SNAPE WAS A GOOD FOR NOTHING, VOLDEMORT SUPPORTER! AND DID YOU BELIEVE ME? NO! ALL YOU WOULD SAY WAS, “I TRUST HIM.” WELL THAT DOESN’T SEEM TO BE TRUE NOW DOES IT?! LOOK WHERE YOUR TRUST HAS GOTTEN US! LOOK WHERE IT’S GOTTEN REMUS! HE’S PROBABLY SITTING IN FRONT OF VOLDEMORT RIGHT NOW UNDER MERLIN KNOWS WHAT KIND OF TORTURE! SNAPE IS A BACKSTABBING LIAR AND NOW HE’S TAKEN REMUS BECAUSE YOU HAD TO TRUST HIM!”

With that Tonks turned on her heel and left the room sobbing. “How do we know zat zis eez true?” Fleur asked quietly. “What makes you believe zat a seemple dream eez real?”

Everyone turned to look at her. It was Charlie who answered, “Because it’s happened before.”

Fleur gained a stern look and said, “Zen what are we doing just zitting here? Bill eez still in zat forest! We must go and get him before zat ‘orrible man comes back for eem!”

There was a sudden rush, and Mr. Weasley, Charlie, Fleur, and Dumbledore left as Hermione, and Ron went to comfort Tonks. This left Harry and Ginny in the kitchen alone with Mrs. Weasley.

With silent tears sliding down her cheeks Mrs. Weasley massaged one hand in the other. Harry took his memory back out of the pensieve and placed it back into his head. When he was done he put his wand down and placed his hand on top of the one he was still holding Ginny’s with. At the same time Mrs. Weasley was looking at where her daughter and future son-in-law’s hands were still clasped together.

In nearly a whisper Mrs. Weasley warned, “Don’t you ever let go of those hands...there’s no telling where you might end up if you’re not together.”

~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~

The next morning everyone was found in random places of Number Twelve; Harry and Ginny had fallen asleep in a chair by the fire in the living room, while Ron and Hermione were on the couch beside them. Tonks was locked in her room. Charlie fell asleep at the kitchen table after finding out Bill was at St. Mungo’s with Fleur. Teary-eyed Mrs. Weasley was standing in the doorway between the kitchen and living room looking at her four youngest children. Her husband was leaning against the wall behind her, tired-eyed and amazed.

His family had been through so much in so short a time. No one in this family can stay happy for too long, he thought to himself. especially the people that deserve it the most.

“I can’t do it, Arthur,” Mrs. Weasley said quietly.

“You can’t do what?” he asked as he wrapped his arms around his wife.

Mrs. Weasley wiped her eyes as she answered. “I can’t wake them up. They’re so peaceful right now. They never get this when they’re awake.”

“Is that all that’s bothering you Molly?”

“No,” she answered. “But you know that.”

“What then?”

She sighed to herself slightly before saying, “I can’t do this anymore. I can’t keep up the charade of being happy all the time, I can’t be the supportive mother I’ve always been, I can’t help my son when he’s in need, I can’t be there for these four children....” she paused to wipe her eyes again. “I can’t be there for these four when they are gone at Hogwarts deciding on Merlin knows what’s best to defeat Voldemort. Arthur...they’re only teenagers. My baby girl is only fifteen and she’s getting married. She’s going to stand by Harry until Voldemort’s downfall, and after, if they live through it.”

Mrs. Weasley turned into her husband’s chest and cried for a while longer before composing herself. “Is Ginny standing beside Harry for all of eternity really a bad thing?” Mr. Weasley asked his wife.

“No, it’s not. I’m just afraid that I’m never going to be able to plan this wedding...what if I die, what if Ginny or Harry dies? Then what Arthur?”

“We’ll cross that barrier if we come to it.”

“How are you always so optimistic?”

“I don’t know...I think it’s genetic,” he laughed. She smiled. “Do you want me to wake them up?” Mr. Weasley asked. She nodded her head as she went into the kitchen. On her way to the stove Mrs. Weasley woke up Charlie who was snoring at the table.

“Charlie, honey? Could you go and see if Tonks has unlocked her door yet?”

“Sure, Mum,” he yawned.

Mrs. Weasley got busy in the kitchen making breakfast before the family took their seats at the table.

~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~

The train ride back to Hogwarts was a solemn one. Not only was everyone afraid for Lupin, they were also worried about Bill: Snape’s memory charm had been sent at such a close proximity that he hadn’t woken up yet. Tonks had only come out of her room because Mrs. Weasley threatened to have Kingsley Shacklebolt come over and blast the door open.

The four friends clambered into a horseless carriage and rode up to the castle lost in their own thoughts. Silence followed them until there was a bright flash of red and gold in front of Harry’s dinner plate, where a letter was dropped. As Harry reached for the letter he caught a glimpse of Fawkes’ tail feathers streak out the doors to the Entrance Hall. Before Harry opened it he glanced around and saw that no one else had noticed the phoenix’s visit to the Great Hall. He unfolded the note and read:

Harry,

Please meet me in my office after dinner tonight.

Professor Dumbledore

P.S. Have you tried the Peppermint Toads? They’re rather tasty.



A/N~ Yes, I did have the dream that Ginny made up...and yes, it was terrifying....Anyways...I want reviews! Quote from the next chappie: “No one liked him Dumbledore! You made people pretend to like him!”-Harry