Login
MuggleNet Fan Fiction
Harry Potter stories written by fans!

Harry Potter and the Dynasty of the Wand by Lady Snuffles

[ - ]   Printer Chapter or Story Table of Contents

- Text Size +
Chapter Notes: The chapter title is kind of self explanatory, don’t cha think?


Disclaimer: This is an unofficial story and is not supported or recognized by any of the publishers of the Harry Potter books. J.K. Rowling created this spark in my head and owns almost all the names and characters in it; this is a humble story written by a teenager who is scared of lawyers and doesn’t want to break any laws.


Harry knocked on the door, and the familiar voice of the headmaster replied with, “Come in.” When he pushed the door open Harry saw Professor Dumbledore seated at his desk waiting patiently. “Good evening, Harry,” he said. “I suppose you have some idea as to why I asked you here this evening, am I correct?”

Harry nodded his head and answered, “This is about my dreams isn’t it?”

Dumbledore looked a little taken aback. “Dreams, Harry? There’s been more than one?”

“Yes, Sir.” Harry nodded his head again.

“How many?”

“Three, Sir. The first two were very similar.”

“Please tell me about them, Harry.”

Harry had expected a meeting like this to happen eventually, so he had prepared himself ahead of time with an answer. “Professor, could I show you instead? They happened so long ago that I’m afraid I might forget to tell you something important.”

“Why don’t you show me the first dream you had?” At his professor’s request Harry went to retrieve the pensieve from the black cabinet beside Fawkes’ empty perch and placed it on the desk between them. After Harry put his dream into the basin they both leaned over it to watch the scene unfold.

As the vivid green light faded, they sat back in their chairs and looked at each other not knowing where to begin. Dumbledore strummed his fingers together for a few minutes before saying, “Why didn’t you say anything about this dream before, Harry?”

“Well, I did tell Lupin, sir, right after it happened. He said that you were too busy to even stop by headquarters, so I figured that you wouldn’t have time to hear me out.”

Dumbledore sighed before admitting, “I do believe that you are right on that account.” He looked off to the other side of the room with a thoughtful expression.

Harry waited a few moments before asking, “Did you want to see my other dream, sir?”


Dumbledore brought his gaze back to Harry and answered, “Ah, yes Harry. Please.”

Once again Harry procured his dream for Dumbledore to examine. After a few moments the dream faded into the swirling silver mist of the pensieve, and again Dumbledore sat strumming his fingers together, his brow furrowed. Harry could almost see the desk quivering under Dumbledore’s piercing stare. He looked to the headmaster and said, “At first we thought “it” had to do with something you were going to tell me. Something that could help me with the final battle. Not a weapon exactly, but more like a key to secure something of great importance to the other side.”

“And now?”

“Well, now it’s a little more complicated. We’ve...well, Ron figured out that “it” isn’t a thing; “it” is a place. Then, after picking his brain a little more, he reckons that “it” is actually my Mum and Dad’s old house.”

“And what brought Mr. Weasley to this conclusion?” Dumbledore inquired.

“Well, my greatest strengths are from my parents. So Ron thinks that “it” is something they left behind for me to use. Something that will help me fight a fair duel with Voldemort.”

“And you think that this “something” is your parents’ home?”

“Yes sir, I do. “It” is the house or something on the inside.”

“Do you know the location of the manor, Harry?” Dumbledore asked.

“Personally, no. Lupin does. He was going to bring me there soon. We were almost done with the plans when he was taken,” Harry said in a grave tone. He stared at his feet as he asked, “Have you gotten any more information about what happened?”

“No, the only reason we know anything at all is because of your dream, Harry. Since you are the only known person to have experienced dreams like these, we are very lucky to have you on our side,” Dumbledore said with a knowing smile.

“Actually, Professor...um...there’s something else I needed to tell you-” Harry began. He was interrupted by a soft tap on the door.

“Come in,” Dumbledore responded.

The door opened and in walked Ginny Weasley. “You wanted to see me profes-oh, Harry! What are you doing here?”





Ginny headed up to the common room by herself after dinner and let Ron and Hermione go on their so called “evening patrol.” She had just taken out her Charms homework when a flash of red passed in front of her, leaving a small piece of parchment and a golden feather behind. She unfolded the note and read the tidy scrawl of Professor Dumbledore:

Mister and Miss Weasley,

Please come to my office as soon as possible. The password is “Peppermint Toad.”

Professor Dumbledore


Knowing that it could take hours to find Ron, Ginny decided to go to the headmaster’s office alone. After reaching the top of the stairs, she went to knock on the door but was halted by a quite serious voice on the other side of it.

“Actually, Professor...um...there’s something else I needed to tell you-” She thought it best to interrupt now instead of standing out in the hallway like an idiot, eavesdropping.

She knocked on the door quietly before hearing the headmaster’s voice say, “Come in.”

She opened the door, took a few steps inside and said, “You wanted to see me profes-” she stopped, noticing Harry sitting opposite Dumbledore and added, “Oh, Harry! What are you doing here?”

“I asked him to come as well, Miss Weasley.” Turning his attention back to Harry he said, “Harry this will only take a minute. There is something I wanted to inform Miss and Mister Weasley of. Where, may I ask, is your brother?” he inquired to Ginny.

“He went on his evening patrol with Hermione, sir,” Ginny answered while Harry heard her mind say, patrolling the fifth floor broom cupboard is more like.

Harry let a small laugh escape his lips before saying, “Sir, what I was going to say actually involves Ginny. Maybe she should stay?”

“Very well, Harry. You may continue then,” Dumbledore replied, conjuring another chair for Ginny to sit in.

“I was going to tell you that I’m not the only one seeing these dreams.”

“Really? And who might be experiencing these with you, Harry?”

“Ginny, sir.”

“Is this true, Miss Weasley?”

Ginny nodded her head saying, “Absolutely, sir.”

“Do either of you know why this has happened?”

Ginny and Harry locked eyes and blushed looking away from each other. Ginny stared at the floor advertently as she thought, Do we really need to tell him this?

Yes.
Harry answered with a bit of an embarrassed tone to his thought.

Harry cleared his throat and answered, “Well sir, I asked Ginny to marry me.”

“Have you now? Well assuming that Miss Weasley said yes, congratulations to the both of you.”

“Thank you, sir,” Harry and Ginny replied together.

“However, this does not fully explain to me why you are sharing dreams.”

“Oh, well, you see, sir. The engagement ring that Harry gave me has an enchantment on it. It allows us to read each other’s thoughts. So, we think that not only are we sharing thoughts, but we’re also sharing dreams. The ring must be more powerful than we initially thought.”

“I see,” Dumbledore said, clearly processing in his mind what he had just learned. “So you saw everything just how Harry did then? Exactly the same way?”

“Yes sir. Right down to the evil sneer on Snape’s face when he cursed my brother.”

As Dumbledore pondered over more of the conversation, another question came to Harry’s mind. “Sir, what’s happened to Snape?”

“Well, a few of the Order members were ready to capture him at headquarters. However, it seems that Severus anticipated a possible attack, and he escaped.”

“What do you mean he escaped? If I had been there I wouldn’t have let the dumb git get away!” Harry roared.

“I’m surprised he even showed his ugly face back at headquarters when no one there wanted to see it,” Ginny added.

“Now Miss Weasley, plenty of people thought Severus had good intentions. Other Order members appreciated his connections.”

“Oh, please Professor!” Harry exclaimed. “No one liked him, Dumbledore! You made people pretend to like him.”


“Now, Harry-” Dumbledore began.

“Who’s going to be teaching Potions then, sir?” Ginny asked, desperately trying to switch the subject.

“Well Miss Weasley, that is the very reason I asked you and your brother to come and see me. Seeing as your brother Charlie is still at home and waiting for an Order assignment, I asked him to temporarily fill in as Potions Master. He’ll be arriving tomorrow morning.”

“Are you sure that’s a good idea, sir? Charlie never had good marks in Potions.”

“Ah, but teaching is yet another way of learning, Miss Weasley.” Dumbledore looked between the two of them and asked, “Now, is there anything else that you wanted to tell me?” Both Harry and Ginny shook their heads. Enough secrets had been spilled that evening. “Alright then. Goodnight to the both of you. I’ll see you bright and early for classes tomorrow. Be sure to get to your common room quickly. It’s nearly nine so the castle will be getting dark soon. You wouldn’t want to accidentally end up in any broom closets,” he chuckled.

With one last nod to Dumbledore, Harry took Ginny’s hand and they left the office. Does he know how ironic his statement was? Ginny thought.

I don’t know, Harry responded. At the bottom of the stairs Harry smiled and continued, but I bet Dumbledore was wondering what two prefects were doing starting their patrols two hours early.



~A/N: Not much to tell about this chapter really. It was kind of a review for those of you who can’t remember over such a long period of time. Here’s the quote: Gin...I love you to death, but you’re doing it again. ~Harry