Login
MuggleNet Fan Fiction
Harry Potter stories written by fans!

I Still Believe by theMarauders

[ - ]   Printer Chapter or Story Table of Contents

- Text Size +
A/N: Sorry it took me so long to update...I have been really busy with school because I've had mid-terms the past week and I have had track practices everyday for the past two months so its been hard to find time to update. I was rather amused how so many of you got upset with me for having Ginny say no. The girl had her reasons. And rather stupid ones if you ask me....;)

Disclaimer: This is getting old. I don't own it, so don't sue me.


Harry stood on the spot, his feet frozen to the ground. He watched her run back towards the house and it was then that Harry realized something; he had never felt so confused in his entire life.

Tears were streaming down Ginny’s face as she entered the house. Everyone was waiting in the kitchen, waiting to see her ring.

But when she walked in, hysterically crying, everyone knew something had gone wrong. Mrs. Weasley’s face dropped from a smile into a frown. She felt heart-broken. What had happened?

Ginny didn’t even look at anyone as she sprinted up the stairs.

“I’ll go figure out the situation,” Hermione said calmly as she began to walk towards the stairs.

Ron went over to the window and looked out to see if he could fine Harry. And there Harry was. He was squatting with his face buried in his hands.

“She must have said no by the look on his face,” Ron stated in a monotone voice. He was disappointed. Why would she have said no?

Harry was asking himself the same question. He replayed everything he had said. She had seemed perfectly happy with everything he had said…until he asked the question. The question was what startled her. But why?

***
Hermione knocked on Ginny’s door.

“Please go away. I really don’t want to talk to anyone,” Ginny managed to say through her tears.

Hermione didn’t listen. She opened the door anyways and stood in the doorway, looking at Ginny.

Ginny was curled up on her bed, the teddy bear Harry had given her was wrapped in her arms.

A wave of sadness filled Hermione as she looked at Ginny. The picture of Ginny and Harry that had rested on her nightstand was shattered on the floor.

“Gin, I know you don’t want to talk about it, but I want to help you. You need to tell me what happened,” Hermione said, speaking in a very motherly manner.

Ginny shook her head and picked up her wand and pointed it at the door. The door slammed shut on Hermione’s face and locked. Hermione would try again later.

****
The Weasley family was sitting in the kitchen, talking quietly, when Harry walked in.

He didn’t look at anyone and headed straight for the stairs.

Ron called after him, “Harry, can I talk to you outside?”

Harry didn’t respond or even acknowledge Ron. He just kept walking right upstairs. A few moments later, everyone heard Harry slam the door to Ron’s old room.

Ginny heard Harry slam the door, and a part of her felt bad. But she had made the right decision, right? Once again, another wave of doubt washed over her, but this time she was trying to figure out if she had made the right decision. The more she thought about it, the better she felt about saying no.

*******************
Harry and Ginny both refused to come out of their rooms. And the entire Weasley family was sick of it.

Hermione was fuming at Ron for not trying harder to talk to Harry.

“WELL, YOU HAVEN’T GOTTEN GINNY TO SPEAK EITHER, HAVE YOU?” he bellowed back.

Hermione snorted at him and turned around to finish helping Mrs. Weasley set the table for dinner.

“We have to get them to come out. They don’t need to talk to each other…but we need to know what happened,” Mrs. Weasley said calmly. The truth was, she was concerned. Why would Ginny break Harry’s heart? She knew how much Ginny cared about him, and it just didn’t make sense.

“You don’t need to know,” a voice from behind the kitchen whispered.

“GINNY!” Hermione gasped as she ran around to the family room.

Ginny was sitting on the couch, her arms folded across her chest. She clearly hadn’t brushed her hair, or bothered to change. Her eyes were big, puffy blobs and her entire face matched the color of her hair.

“Oh, Gin,” Hermione whispered as she went over and gave her a hug.

Ginny began to cry softly onto Hermione’s shoulder, but quickly gained control of herself and stopped the tears.

“It started to smell in my room. So I had to come out,” Ginny mumbled.

Hermione smiled at her, “I know you really don’t want to talk about it, but can you just give me a brief outline of what happened? I won’t share it with anyone if you don’t want me to, but you got to get it out of your system.”

Ginny nodded, “Can we go for a walk?”

Hermione grabbed her hand and pulled her up. She opened the door for her and lead her outside.

**
Once they were in the meadow next to the Weasley’s, Hermione stopped walking and turned to face Ginny.

Ginny looked out across the field and felt the tears coming. She stopped and took a big breath, “I said no.”

“Yeah…we sort of figured that out,” Hermione said sarcastically while smiling at Ginny, “Why?”

Ginny hesitated. Hermione could tell that this reason was not something Ginny was comfortable with.

“He…Harry…he deserves better,” Ginny said as she turned completely away from Hermione.

“Ginny. Are you kidding me?” Hermione was so surprised.

“Hermione, think about. I’m his best friends little sister. And he’s a hero. He can get anyone he wanted…”

“But he chose you.”

Ginny was startled by this. It took her a moment to recover. “No. Not really. He never really had the option to meet anyone else because he met me first. That day at the train station when I was 10, it determined our relationship that we have now. And I just think that he deserves someone else. Someone better.”

“Gin, you have seriously got to be kidding me. I know for a fact, that even if Harry and Ron were not friends, fate would have led you two together. He is everything you want…everything you need. Ginny, you have to go talk to Harry. He needs to know that this is the reason that you said no. He will be able to prove you wrong.”

Ginny shook her head and looked at Hermione, “I don’t have the courage to talk to him.”

“Well, I do,” Hermione said. And with that, she stormed off into the house. Ginny didn’t stop her.

A/N: Sometimes, I get upset at myself for ever getting into fanfiction. You get sucked into the characters and the way you want things to turn out...and it doesn't really occur to you that things might just not turn out that way. Too bad I'm not JKR. I hoped you like the chapter. Please please please review. And here is a preview from the next installment:

"And you want to know something funny, the only reason I could find was the fact that I fell in love with her, which is not even a reason,” Harry uttered.

“Actually, that’s just it,” Hermione said.


Mucho love =]

Extra Note: I'm getting a lot of complaints of people saying this chapter is too short. I KNOW! I have been so busy with school lately and so I apologize for the shortness of this chapter. Please leave me reviews and try not to say the chapter was too short--i know. I've been busy. And I'm sorry.