Login
MuggleNet Fan Fiction
Harry Potter stories written by fans!

I Still Believe by theMarauders

[ - ]   Printer Chapter or Story Table of Contents

- Text Size +
Chapter Notes: My apologies for taking so long to post this chapter. My computer with this story's files on it broke, and until now, I had no access to the files. Thanks for all the support.
Hermione walked angrily into the kitchen. Everyone stared at her as she headed for the stairs.

“I take it that it was a really bad excuse,” Ron called after Hermione.

“Don’t even start,” Hermione replied as she stomped up the stairs to where Harry had locked himself in.

Hermione pounded on the door.

No response.

She pounded harder.

Still no response.

“HARRY DO NOT MAKE ME USE MAGIC TO GET INTO THIS ROOM. I TALKED TO GINNY.”

Harry didn’t say anything, but she heard the door unlock. She opened the door a crack and peered inside.

What a mess.

She opened the door all the way and stood in the doorway.

“Harry…it’s disgusting in here.”

Harry was sitting on his bed, staring at the wall. Pictures were spread out everywhere around the room.

“She’s stupid, Harry, absolutely stupid. I finally convinced her to tell me why she turned you down and, oh, it’s the most ridiculous reason ever.”

Harry shifted his gaze from the wall to Hermione. “I have spent every hour of the past few days trying to figure out where I went wrong. And you want to know something funny, the only reason I could find was the fact that I fell in love with her, which is not even a reason at all.”

“Actually, that’s just it,” Hermione said, laughing in an angry manner.

“What?” Harry said.

“She thinks you deserve better. She said no because you chose her. Because you didn’t choose someone else.”

Harry didn’t even finish listening to what Hermione was saying. He got up and bolted out of the room, down the stairs, through the kitchen and outside. He was looking for Ginny.

Hermione came down the stairs a few seconds later, smiling to herself. Everyone ran up to her, bombarding her with questions.

“What happened?”

“Why did Harry come down the stairs so fast?”

“Where’s Ginny?”

“What’s going on?”

“EVERYONE RELAX,” Hermione yelled. And she sat them down at the kitchen table and proceeded to tell them all what was going on.

************
The second Harry had opened the back door, he saw Ginny. She was sitting on a bench near the woods. It was around the same spot that Harry had been standing at just a few days ago.

Harry stopped running when he saw her, and began walking at a slow pace. His hands were in his pockets and he kept his head down, trying to think of everything he needed to say.

Ginny saw him coming towards her and she felt her whole body stiffen. Is he going to yell at me? Or is he going to tell me I was right all along?

Finally, Harry reached the spot where Ginny was sitting. He swallowed hard and looked at her. She wasn’t looking back.

“Ginny,” was about all he could mumble before he realized that he really didn’t know what to say.

She didn’t look at him or say anything. She kept looking at her feet. She was sitting on her hands and kept shifting her neck.

Harry breathed in before he spoke, “Gin…to be honest, I don’t really understand what Hermione told me. I kind of took it in really fast, and I’m afraid I missed the whole point.”

He tried hard not to bring up the fact that she had completely rejected him with no explanation. He was hoping she would bring that up on her own.

Ginny knew it was her time to talk. But, she now found herself at a loss of words. She somehow managed to find them a few moments later because she knew she had to tell Harry exactly how she felt. He deserved to hear it.

“Harry, this is a lot harder for me than I think you understand,” Harry wanted to roll his eyes, but he didn’t. “I love you. I really, truly do. And I want nothing more than to spend the rest of my life with you,”

Harry was so utterly confused. He shook his head as if he wasn’t hearing it. What?

“But,” there is always a but, “I feel like you deserve better. I feel that if you were given the chance, you could find someone else. Someone more perfect for you. The day we met at the train station…so many years ago…it is what is leading us here. If we hadn’t met, we wouldn’t be getting married. I said no because I don’t think I’m worthy of you. Of your love. I’m just Ginny,” tears filled her eyes and she was now standing. As she poured out her heart to him, she couldn’t help but feel sorry that she wouldn’t get to experience this anymore.

“Ginny, what’s the matter with you?” Harry asked.

Ginny was taken aback, “Excuse me?”

“You heard me. What is the matter with you? What EVER gave you that idea?” To be honest, Harry was offended.

Ginny didn’t respond. Nothing he had done had ever given her that idea. It was all in her head. And at that moment, she realized it.

“I love you more than anyone in this world. You sat by me in the hospital when the doctors thought I was going to die. We’ve had the most amazing times together…and all I want is for that to continue. I want to have kids with you, and watch them grow up, and fall in love, and have kids of their own. And I want to share it all with you. That day we met at the train station, it wasn’t a mistake. It was fate. Fate, Ginny. And it’s sad that I spent the last few days, locked in my room, because I thought you didn’t love me. And here we are, you telling me you want to spend the rest of our life together, but you can’t because of a stupid voice in your head telling you that I deserve better.”

At this point, Harry didn’t know what else to say. He put his hand to his mouth and then put it back down by his side. He couldn’t deal with this anymore. And as he turned around to leave, he felt a hand on his shoulder.

He faced Ginny. And with tears pouring down her cheeks, he pulled her into a tight hug. She cried on his shoulder and he wrapped his arm around her tightly. After they swung back and forth in their hug for a few minutes, Ginny sniffled and whispered in his ear, “I’m sorry. I was being silly. I do love you, and I do want to marry you.”

Harry smiled at her, pulled the ring out of his pocket, got down on one knee, and proposed all over again. This time, tears of happiness flowed down Ginny’s cheeks as she uttered, “Yes.”

Harry kissed her and hugged her again. Then, hand-in-hand, they walked back towards the Burrow. Ginny couldn’t wait to show off her new ring.

A/N: PLEASE REVIEW! Once again, I'm sorry for the long delay.