Login
MuggleNet Fan Fiction
Harry Potter stories written by fans!

I Still Believe by theMarauders

[ - ]   Printer Chapter or Story Table of Contents

- Text Size +
Harry had enough on his plate with the horcruxes and all and he really did not need anything else. But, of course, he had to deal with the whole Ginny situation.

Harry stood up from under the tree that he had been sitting under while trying to work everything out. He felt so bad for what he was doing to Ginny…for what he was doing to himself.

As Harry began to walk towards the house, a familiar red-head came out of the house and started to make her way towards him. Harry froze. Not now, he thought.

Ginny’s eyes were red and swollen”she had obviously been crying. Ginny’s heart hurt”it burned”as she looked at him. She wish there was some way she could convey to him that she really was in danger either way. But, deep down, she knew that Harry wouldn’t listen to it.

“Harry…sit,” was about as much as she could get out at the moment. Ginny’s voice was still shaky”her breathing uneven.

Harry didn’t protest. He sat right back down. Ginny though, continued to stand. She took a deep breath before she opened her mouth to speak again.

“Harry…I don’t even know where to begin. When you broke up with me…if I knew at the time that you would going on this journey…then I would have protested a lot more. I understand where you are coming from, that’s why I didn’t say much. But, I want to help. I don’t want you to leave here without me…I want to be part of this, too.” She looked at Harry for about a minute and then turned away. She looked out across the meadow and sighed.

It was Harry’s turn to speak.

“Ginny…now I don’t even know where to begin,” he let out a small chuckle. Ginny didn’t seem impressed. “I’m sorry. But I don’t want to go to your funeral. It’s just not going to happen.”

“Harry, I love you. And you of all people should know that love is special. It should mean something to you. I want to be with you. I need to be with you.”

“It doesn’t mean shit to me. You loving me doesn’t protect you from Voldemort. It doesn’t make it any harder for him to kill you. If anything, it makes it easier.”

“But…but…don’t you love me too?” Her voice was extremely shaky. Tears were forming in her eyes.

By now Harry was standing. At this he turned around and put his head down.

“No,” he hated lying to her. But he had to. It was the only way she was going to be safe.

Ginny looked at him. He was facing the other way. Before Ginny could really register what Harry had just said, she broke down. She turn around and ran towards the house, crying hysterically.

Harry rotated and looked at her running with her long, red-hair blowing behind her. He wondered if that was the last time they would ever speak and as the thought began to hit him”tears began to form in his eyes. What have I done?

The ability to walk was suddenly taken from Harry”it was as if he was paralyzed. He sat back down and just stared. He knew he had really screwed things up this time. But the more he thought about it, he realized that it was for the better. Ginny wouldn’t be in danger this way…especially if she never spoke to him again.

“I’m sorry,” he said aloud to himself before he got up and started heading back towards the house. He knew the second he walked in he would be bombarded by Ron and Hermione and probably the rest of the Weasley brothers. But he was ready.

***********************
Harry walked through the front door and realized that his predications were fairly accurate”Fred and George came running up to him.

“Harry, what happened? Ginny came into the house, like, screaming. She said it was you.”

Harry shook his head. “I have to protect her. No one understands. I don’t even really understand. All I know is that she’s not safe if she is going out with me.” Harry moved into the living room and sat down on a couch. He found it hard to believe that he had only been at the Burrow for 3 hours and already he was causing trouble. He let out a sigh.

Ron came down the stairs about 5 minutes later. He looked at Harry. It was Ron’s turn to sigh.

“Harry, do you know how upset she is?” Ron asked.

“Yes.”

“You told me you still loved her.”

“Well, I lied,” Harry hated lying to his best friend. He really did.

“Harry, I know what you’re trying to do. I’m not that stupid. You’re just saying you don’t love her so that she doesn’t bug you about coming.”

Harry stared at Ron.

“I tried to tell her that, but she said that you would never lie to her. You would never say something like that unless you meant it. Harry, you have to go talk to her.”

“No,” he said firmly.

“You’re screwing this up for yourself, too. She’s not going to take you back two years from now when all this time she’ll have thought about how you don’t love her.”

Harry didn’t say anything. He got up and walked up to the room he was sharing with Ron. On his way up, he passed Ginny’s room. He could hear Hermione’s soothing voice trying to calm her down, but her cries were too loud. His heart sunk as he heard Ginny’s voice. This was so much harder than he thought it would be.

When Harry had finally made it up to Ron’s room, he laid down on the bed and fell into a deep sleep. Harry dreamed of a life where there was no Voldemort. A life where his parents were still alive. A life where he had grown up with as much love as anyone. A life where he could be with Ginny.

A/N: Ok I know this chapter is really short but its for the stories own good...I promise! Please please leave me reviews if you wish for me to continue! Leave me any critiscism as well!