Login
MuggleNet Fan Fiction
Harry Potter stories written by fans!

I Still Believe by theMarauders

[ - ]   Printer Chapter or Story Table of Contents

- Text Size +
Harry woke up the next morning to the sound of breaking dishes.

He quickly changed into something clean after noticing that Ron’s bed was empty and raced down the stairs. As Harry rounded the corner on the bottom of the stairs, a dish came soaring towards his head. He ducked as fast as he could before the plate shattered into a thousand pieces on the wall behind him.

Harry spun back around to see who was having the fit. It was Ginny. He should have known.

“S-so-sorry,” Ginny mumbled as she tried to stop crying.

Was she really this upset?

Harry could not bare to see her like this. But he knew it was for the better. He had such an urge to go up and hug her”to tell her everything was going to be alright. To tell her how much he loved her. But he couldn’t. Harry turned and walked out of the house before he would do something he would regret.

When Harry stepped outside, he noticed that the big, white tent was now set-up in the meadow behind the house. The wedding was tomorrow. And Harry’s seventeenth birthday was the day after that.

Harry had to accomplish so much within the next week that his head began to hurt at the thought of it all. He still needed to talk to Ron and Hermione and find out if they were really coming with him. But first, there was the wedding to deal with.

The whole day before the wedding was complete and utter madness”everyone was running around trying to get things done in time. Harry bumped into Ron and Hermione several times as he tried to help Mrs. Weasley by organizing the silverware, plates, cups, and bowls. Harry also ran into Ginny a few times, but neither looked at each other. This is your fault a voice in Harry’s head said. Harry let out a sigh and continued grouping one fork, knife, and spoon together.

***********************
Harry had never attended a wedding before and this one proved to be one to remember. The area where the service was held was decorated in white and gold. There were gnomes that came to sing and a centaur was there to shoot some arrows at the end. There were fireworks and flowers everywhere.

When Fleur walked down the aisle towards Bill at the beginning of the service, Harry could see the happiness in her eyes. He could see how excited and nervous she was. Harry prayed that when the war was over Ginny would forgive him and he would be able to do this. She was the only one he had even considered marrying.

Harry was looking forward to the reception throughout the entire service. When he walked into the tent, he was completely amazed. The tables were beautifully decorated in blues and silvers and there were flowers everywhere. The dance floor was huge and there was a band at the front. Harry took a seat at his table and looked around at who he was sitting with.

Ron and Hermione were on either side of him, Fred, George, and Charlie also sat at the table. When the five of them had all been seated, they noticed an empty chair. Then, Ginny came up to the table and looked around at who was sitting at it before she took her seat.

As her eyes scanned the table, they abruptly stopped when she looked at Harry. Harry looked back. Ginny turned around and began to walk the other way. Harry rolled his eyes and called after her.

“Ginny, sit down. This is silly. I’ll sit somewhere else if you don’t want to sit with me.”

Ginny turned around and looked at him.

“It’s not that I don’t want to sit with you. It’s that I don’t want to look at you,” Ginny replied sternly. Harry could sense the pain and anger in her voice.

“Can we talk?” Harry asked her.

“Now you want to talk? Nope. Sorry. There is no more room for you in my life, Harry Potter.”

Harry watched as she walked away. It was so hard for him, and she just didn’t understand.

*****

Later that evening, the band played a slow song. Everyone was dancing with a partner and smiling. Harry was sitting at his table with his hands crossed. Ginny was sitting across the room in the exact same position.

Should I ask her to dance? What’s the worst thing”I get rejected?

So Harry decided he had nothing to lose and he got up from his seat. Ginny saw him walking over so she turned her head the other way.

“Ginny, I know you don’t ever want to talk to me again, but will you at least dance with me? You don’t have to talk, I swear.”

Ginny looked at him anxiously. Did this mean he did love her after all? Was Ron right? She didn’t say anything as she stood up and took his hand. He led her to the center of the dance floor where he put one arm around her back and took her hand in his. She wrapped one arm around his neck so that her head rested close to his shoulder.

Harry could have stayed in this position forever. He was holding the one person he wanted to spend every second with…but he couldn’t.

Ron and Hermione, who were dancing, noticed Ginny and Harry and both of their faces lit up.

Hermione looked at Ron and smiled. The whole thing with Harry and Ginny had made her forget about who she loved. She placed her head on Ron’s shoulder and Ron shifted uncomfortably. The feelings between Ron and Hermione were so strong that you could almost see the tension between them.

Ron knew that if he didn’t think of something to talk about soon, he was going to kiss Hermione.

“Does this mean they’re back together?” Ron asked.

“I think you asked a bit too soon,” Hermione said nervously as she watched Ginny’s facial expression turn angry. What did Harry say? Hermione and Ron spun around so that they could watch Harry and Ginny bicker. “They’re acting a lot like us, lately,” Hermione said as she smiled at Ron.

“Harry, I don’t care if you don’t love me. I still want to go,” Ginny protested.

Harry looked at her. “No, Ginny. You’ll get hurt. That’s the whole reason I pretended I didn’t love you.”

Whoops.

“What?”

A/N: Ok guys, i hope you like this chapter! please please please review. comments/thoughts/critiscism is welcome!