Login
MuggleNet Fan Fiction
Harry Potter stories written by fans!

I Still Believe by theMarauders

[ - ]   Printer Chapter or Story Table of Contents

- Text Size +
Disclaimer: If I had created Harry Potter, I'd be living in a mansion and would have dropped out of school by now.

Ginny stared at Harry in disbelief.

Did she hear him correctly?

“Harry, what did you just say?” She asked as calmly as possible.

Harry had gone extremely pale. He looked like he was going to pass out.

“We need to talk outside…now,” Harry mumbled. He could not believe he had let it slip. He was in big trouble now and he knew it.

Ron and Hermione could tell that Harry had said something terribly wrong because all of the color on his face had disappeared and Ginny looked like she would drop a bomb on him. They both watched as Harry and Ginny walked out of the tent to go talk. “Should we follow?” Ron asked.

“No, Ron. This time Harry is on his own.”

********************
Harry looked at Ginny. She was waiting for an answer and he could tell.

“Sit,” Harry said as he pointed towards a bench.

Ginny sat.

“I’m going to explain everything. And I don’t want you to talk at all. Not until I’m completely done.”

Ginny nodded. Harry took a big breath in and out before he can began to speak.

“From the moment Dumbledore died, I knew what I had to do. Everyone that has ever been close to me has died. My parents. Sirius. Dumbledore. If there was one person I wanted to live in this world, it would be you, Ginny. I lied when I said that I didn’t love you. But I was saying it to try and protect you. I hoped that if you thought I didn’t love you then you wouldn’t want to come with me when I go to find the horcruxes and Voldemort. The truth is, I love you too much. I care about you so much that if anything ever happened to you I would blame it on myself forever. If Voldemort knew we were together, he would take you from this world just like he took my parents, Sirius, and now Dumbledore. Like I’ve said before, if that had been your funeral I was attending, I would not be able to live. The point of all of this is”I can’t be with you. I love you and wish that it could be the other way. I wish I didn’t have to do all of this so I could just be with you. And you can’t come. You’d get hurt. If you died, I would too. I wouldn’t be able to finish off Voldemort because one main reason I want to defeat him is so that I can be with you. So, you see Ginny, I do love you. But I can’t be with you.”

Harry had tears in his eyes. He sat down on the bench and looked the other way.

Ginny looked at him, tears pouring down her cheeks.

“Harry…look at me,” he turned his head, “I…I understand. I do. But you understand that I’m going to worry every second of every day until the day you return home. Are you sure I can’t help in some way?”

Harry shook his head. He couldn’t look at her anymore”it was hurting too much. Harry got up and walked towards the Burrow. He needed to go to sleep.

Ginny watched as he walked away. She started crying and she knew she wouldn’t stop until he was safely home from his journey.

*************************

Hermione could hear Ginny crying. Screw her own advice. She quickly ran out of the tent and found Ginny sitting on a bench crying softly to herself. She told Hermione everything Harry had said.

It was so touching, it was so Harry”that Hermione started crying too. When Ron found both of them he asked what was wrong, and once again Ginny told what Harry had said, Ron got teary eyed and looked at Ginny.

“I promise, Gin, that he’ll come home safely. I’ll protect him so that he can live to be with you,” Hermione looked flustered at what Ron had just said.

“What about me?” Hermione said, tears running down her cheeks, “You’re going to protect him so he can be with Ginny…but what about me? You’d die for him but you wouldn’t live for me?”

It was the first time they had spoken aloud about their feelings for each other. An awkward silence filled the air and Ron looked at her. He didn’t say anything. He couldn’t say anything.

It really was a shame about this war. You could finally begin to tell what it was doing to people”how it was hurting families”how it was hurting friends.

The three of them sat in silence for the rest of the night. When finally, Ginny spoke.

“Are you guys really going with Harry?”

“I know I am. I have to help him…he needs my help,” Ron said.

Hermione nodded. “Yeah. He needs our help.”

“So I’m going to be here all alone worrying about all of you? That’s not fair. You can’t do that to me.”

“Ginny, if I was the one in charge I would let you come. But it’s Harry’s decision and he doesn’t want you to get hurt,” Ron said.

“But what about you guys? Doesn’t he care if you get hurt?” She asked.

“He does. But he knows we can defend ourselves. He trusts us. It’s not that he doesn’t trust you…it’s that he doesn’t trust himself with you,” Hermione stated.

Ginny nodded. She stared hopelessly into the dark sky and watched as a shooting star soared by overhead. Ginny closed her eyes and made a wish that Harry would still be alive after he fought Voldemort. Ginny thought it was the perfect wish…but she was missing one minor detail.

Harry woke up the next morning not feeling so well. He felt like someone had torn out his heart…even though he knew he had done it to himself. Harry knew that it was now time to start planning everything out because the wedding was finally over.

Harry knew that yesterday should have been a happy day, but it ended up being one of the hardest to get through. He yawned as he pulled himself out of bed and looked over at Ron sleeping. He wondered if Ron had talked to Ginny at all.

Just as Harry opened the door to leave, Ron woke up and called after him.

“Wait, one sec, Harry,” Ron mumbled as he released a yawn.

Harry waited. Ron got out of bed and walked over to Harry.

“I talked to Ginny.”


A/N: well guys, there it is. i know it really wasn't a cliffy like always...but at the end of the next chapter you will have your mouth wide open. so please review! critiscism is welcome as always!