Login
MuggleNet Fan Fiction
Harry Potter stories written by fans!

I Still Believe by theMarauders

[ - ]   Printer Chapter or Story Table of Contents

- Text Size +
A/N: alright guys...here's the next chapter. this chapter is depressing...so if you don't like depressing things, i don't recommend reading it!

Disclaimer: JKR is amazing. It all belongs to her.


Harry woke up the next morning not feeling so well. He felt like someone had torn out his heart…even though he knew he had done it to himself. Harry knew that it was now time to start planning everything out because the wedding was finally over.

Harry knew that yesterday should have been a happy day, but it ended up being one of the hardest to get through. He yawned as he pulled himself out of bed and looked over at Ron sleeping. He wondered if Ron had talked to Ginny at all.

Just as Harry opened the door to leave, Ron woke up and called after him.

“Wait, one sec, Harry,” Ron mumbled as he released a yawn.

Harry waited. Ron got out of bed and walked over to Harry.

“I talked to Ginny.”

Uh-oh, thought Harry, I know where this is going.

“I convinced her to stay here. I promised that I would make sure you come home safely…because if you don’t Ginny will never forgive herself and””

“I can’t listen to it anymore,” Harry said looking at him, “I can’t listen to you say her name or talk about her…it just hurts. A lot,” Harry said as he turned and left.

Ron started at the spot where Harry had been standing moments before and shook his head slowly. This was all beginning to take a toll on Harry and it was then that Ron realized it was better for them to leave sooner rather than later.

*******************
It was the day Harry, Ron, and Hermione had picked to leave. Harry’s birthday had been a few days before, so he could now use magic whenever. The group had woken up early to finish packing the small bags they were each going to take. They were first heading to Godric’s Hollow and then Harry would decide where to go from there.

As Harry left Ron’s room for the last time…maybe forever, he felt a sudden sadness. He was leaving the one place other than Hogwarts that he could call his home. He felt upset and mad that Voldemort was causing him all of this unneeded pain.

Harry, Ron, and Hermione all stood in the kitchen hugging the whole Weasley family and Lupin. They were all being lectured about being careful when Harry noticed Ginny standing back from everyone. Just from looking at her, Harry began to cry.

She looked back at him and their eyes locked. She walked up to him so that they were inches away from each other and looked deep into his green eyes. Then, suddenly, she pulled him into the tightest hug she had ever given. She wrapped her hands and knuckles into his shirt near his shoulders, grabbing him, and cried as hard as she had ever cried. What if this is the last time I ever see him? She thought.

Harry hugged Ginny and held her tight. When they broke apart, Harry felt like half of his soul had been ripped away. He looked at her for a second more before he couldn’t look at her anymore. He turned around and walked out of the house, just like that. He was gone.

Harry waited outside for Ron and Hermione for about another two minutes before the two appeared. They were going to be apparating with Harry because he had gotten his license. As Ron and Hermione grabbed onto Harry to leave, a thought washed over Harry. What if I’m gone for so long that Ginny doesn’t love me when I come back?

He suddenly stopped moving, stopped talking and stared.

Why isn’t she coming with us? How stupid could I be? I mean, she can protect herself…can’t she? I need her…otherwise she won’t love me when I come back…

Hermione could see the battle Harry was waging inside.

“You have to leave her,” Hermione said looking at Harry, “She’s not going anywhere. She’ll be here when you get home.”

Harry shook his head as he began to cry again. Hermione gave him a hug.

“Harry…we need to go now…” Hermione said as she saw Ginny opening the door of the house and running outside.

And with that, they were gone.

**********************************

Ginny woke up, stretched her arms, and got out of bed. She pulled back the window shades and looked into the darkness. She suddenly remembered everything that she had wanted to forget.

Harry, Ron, and Hermione had been gone for nine months. Ginny had been completely lost without any of them and spent everyday crying for most of the time. She helped her mother with things from time to time, but there really was not that much to do since everyone was out fighting.

Ginny felt the tears coming already but held them back as best she could. Ron had come home for a day two weeks ago. He had said that they had one horcrux left and that Harry missed her. He said that Harry was tired of it all and just wants to fight Voldemort so it can all be over.

Ginny had cried even harder when Ron left because she wasn’t sure if it was the last time she would ever see him. The war was really beginning to take a toll on her and she just didn’t know what to do anymore.

She didn’t know what was going on. For all she knew, they could be fighting Voldemort right at that second. Little did she know what was really going on…and suddenly she received some news. She left the house as fast as she could.

*

The doctors at St. Mungo’s were running around like crazy. Voldemort had been defeated. Harry had finally gotten rid of him. Surprisingly, there were not many deaths…only a couple. And, Harry…well, he wasn’t okay.

He wasn’t dead though. He was just badly injured. Very badly.

Ron and Hermione paced the halls of the hospital…Ron limping and Hermione flipping out. They had called Ginny and told her she needed to get there immediately. Seconds later, Ginny arrived.

“Oh my god…where is he? Is he okay? What happened?”

Ron looked at her.

“Sit.”

“Ron I need to see him…I don’t care if he’s unconscious.”

“Ginny…” he didn’t know how to say it.

“Ron, will you let me by please?” She asked trying to shove her way past him.

Hermione put her hand to mouth and tears started flowing.

“Ginny, you can’t see him. He won’t remember you,” Ron said, tears filling his eyes.

“What?” She looked at Ron.

“His memory is gone.”

*****

A/N: Alright guys. There it is. REVIEW! I want to know what you guys think.