Login
MuggleNet Fan Fiction
Harry Potter stories written by fans!

I Still Believe by theMarauders

[ - ]   Printer Chapter or Story Table of Contents

- Text Size +
A/N: Sorry it took me a while to update...I've been really busy with school. Expect the next chapter sometime within the next week.

Disclaimer: I wish I created Harry Potter. But I didn't. It all belongs to JKR.


Ginny had been passed out for a good 20 minutes. When she finally woke up, Ron and Hermione were sitting next to her.

It took her several minutes before she could ask the questions she had to ask.

“What happened?” She said.

“There was a lot of fighting…a lot of curses were being thrown. Harry hit Voldemort with a special killing curse and just as his body began to crumple…he sent one last curse at Harry. One that knocked him out and caused him to lose his memory.”

Ginny couldn’t cry because she was in such shock.

“The doctors don’t really know anything about his condition. He woke up and had some memory. He knew who Voldemort was, he knew he killed him, and he knew he was a wizard. I assumed then that he would remember me. I walked in…and he asked me who I was,” the tears overtook Ron and he began to cry uncontrollably.

Hermione spoke now, “Ginny…it was the most upsetting thing that he couldn’t remember us. We asked if he remembered you and””

“”he said no,” Ginny said. She couldn’t cry. She was still in shock. “Will he ever get his memory back?”

“They don’t know,” Hermione said. Ron had got up and left. He just couldn’t take it anymore.

“I think this is worse than him dying,” Ginny stated. And it was then that it hit her. Harry was alive…but he didn’t even know who she was. She began to cry and she didn’t stop for days.

**************************

Harry was still in the hospital. Ginny was sitting at home at the breakfast table contemplating whether she should go see him or not. It had been a week since the final battle and everyone had proclaimed him a hero. Everyone also knew that he had lost his memory and they all found it extremely upsetting.

Hermione walked into the room and looked at Ginny and gave her a weak smile. Hermione felt so bad for Ginny”everyone would have preferred death over loss of memory. It hurt Hermione to look at Harry and not have him remember everything. He would never again remember everything from their first year at Hogwarts to their last. He wouldn’t remember the quidditch matches or all the nights they had snuck out. He wouldn’t remember Dumbledore. And he wouldn’t remember how much he loved Ginny.

Ginny looked over at Hermione.

“I’m going to go see Harry today…I need to see him. Even if he doesn’t remember me. Would you like to come?” Ginny asked.

Hermione knew that Ginny needed her moral support so she agreed.

“We’ll go this afternoon after lunch,” Ginny said.

**************************

Hermione decided to wait outside the room for Ginny.

Ginny walked in and noticed that Harry was sound asleep. Tears filled her eyes as she looked at him. She pulled up a chair next to his bed and grabbed his hand. She rubbed it softly and then suddenly Harry opened his eyes. Oh, those green eyes.

“Hi…” Harry said, obviously confused.

“You really don’t remember me,” Ginny stated more aloud to herself rather than to Harry.

“I’m sorry,” Harry said. His voice sounded the same. He looked the same. But he wasn’t the same.

“I’m Ginny,” she stated.

“You’re Ginny?”

A wave of hope washed over her. Did he somewhat remember her after all?

“The doctors found this letter that I must have written to you in my pocket. Here,” Harry handed Ginny an envelope.

On the front it said “Ginny” in Harry’s handwriting in beautiful cursive letters. Tears came to Ginny’s eyes and she got up and left.

As she walked away, Harry felt a pain in his chest. His whole body suddenly began to shake and machines began beeping like crazy. Ginny turned around and screamed for help. Hermione rushed in, along with lots of doctors. Ginny and Hermione were shoved out of the room and forced to wait patiently for the doctors to tell them what had gone on.

About 10 minutes later a doctor finally came out. Ginny rushed up to him.

“What happened?” She demanded.

“We don’t really know…he’s just unconscious now. It looks like he fell into a coma. The memory part of his brain is doing something weird, though. His heart-rate is under control now though. We’re just going to have to keep monitoring him.”

Ginny let out the breath she had been holding in. At least he was still alive. She looked down at the letter she was holding and opened it up. Hermione looked at her questioningly.

“Where’d you get that?”

“The doctors gave it to Harry…he must have written it before he lost his memory.”

She unfolded the letter and began to read it as tears fell down her cheeks and onto the paper.

Dear Ginny,
If you are reading this, then I’m either dead or in serious condition. I’m so sorry that you have had to go through everything this past year for me to end up like this. I just want you to know how much I love you. The day I left, I seriously considered coming back to get you. Hermione talked me out of it because she knew what was best. I just love you so much and I’m sorry we won’t be spending the rest of our lives together”you know that I wouldn’t have it any other way. Even though I’m weak or gone, just be happy. Smile. You have everyone else”there are so many people that care about you and love you. Just never forget me, Ginny. You mean the world to me.

Love always,
Harry


Ginny looked at the letter and read it several more times. She folded it back up and put in away in her pocket. Hermione could tell that the letter was basically his good-bye and she didn’t want to say anything to Ginny that would ruin it.

“Good-bye,” Ginny said as she looked through the window into the room where Harry was unconscious. She turned and walked out of the hospital…just like that. She would never return.

A/N: I hope you guys liked this chapter. I promise the story will get more exciting--and hopefully happier ;). Please, please, please review. I really enjoy hearing what you guys think of the story...good or bad.

Because I'm just so nice, here is an excerpt from the next chapter:
Yet, despite her praying for Harry to die, she still believed that one day he would walk up to her. The vision of him hugging her was with her everyday and sometimes she just would sit and ask for a miracle. But she knew she wasn’t going to get one.