Login
MuggleNet Fan Fiction
Harry Potter stories written by fans!

I Still Believe by theMarauders

[ - ]   Printer Chapter or Story Table of Contents

- Text Size +
A/N: Okay guys, this is my warning: this chapter is a little jumpy...there is a lot of time passage...and not a lot of details...but my beta really wanted me to get back on track with the plot; i had to speed things back up. I promise though, the ending will leave you hanging once again ;)

Disclaimer: Naturally, none of it belongs to me. It's a sad thing too.



Ginny had to do a double-take. She looked back at Harry’s face. His eyes were closed, but there was a slight smile across his face. Ginny turned back to look at Harry’s arm which was around her shoulder.

Ginny began to cry the hardest she had ever cried. “Oh, Harry!” she mumbled repeatedly.

Harry shifted uncomfortably in his bed. Ginny’s tears were happy tears, and a giant smile spread across her face. “You’re alive! And you remember me!” she said as she nuzzled her face into his neck.

Harry wasn’t strong enough to speak, and Ginny knew that. She quickly called the healers in and a few of them just couldn’t figure it out.

“We were so sure he was going to die soon,” one of the healers said as she shook her head.

“It’s a miracle…an absolute miracle,” another one said.

A third one was crying happy tears as well. She had been working in Harry’s unit for three years now and felt attached to him. “He really is the boy who lived…”

********************************
Ginny was in such high spirits over the course of the next few days that if you saw her, she was always skipping.

Everyone knew that Harry was awake, but he couldn’t talk yet. Whenever Ginny would go to visit him, he would always smile when he heard her voice. He could make small gestures and movements, but he was still too weak to talk or open his eyes.

Ginny went to visit him one afternoon, four days after he had woken up. She walked into his room and noticed that he was sound asleep because of his deep breathing. She smiled to herself and sat down on a chair by a table in the corner of the room. She took out the daily prophet and began to read it. On the front page, in big bold letters, it read, “Harry Potter Wakes Up After Years of Being Unconiscious.

Harry let out a soft cough. She lifted her head up and turned to look at him. He was awake and his eyes were open for the first time.

“Harry!” Ginny bellowed as she scrambled across the room to give him a giant kiss.

She looked into his green eyes. Oh, how she had missed those green eyes. He looked tired…but his eyes showed a longing.

“Gin…” he said in a low, raspy voice.

“Harry…I don’t think you understand how glad I am that you’re awake. That your memory is back. I missed you so much…there aren’t even words to describe it.”

Harry nodded at her like he understood and kissed her.

They sat in silence holding each other for the rest of the day.

****************************
Over the course of the next few months, Harry grew stronger. He could now walk and talk and he was going to be allowed home sometime soon.

Ginny and him were sitting, talking, on his bed like they always did when a healer knocked on the door.

“Mr. Potter, I have the results of your recent tests,” the healer said.

Harry looked at Ginny and then back at the healer.

“And you’re all set. You can leave any day now.”

Ginny gave him a kiss of congratulations and stood up from his bed. “I should probably go tell Mum so she can get a big dinner ready for you,” Ginny said happily.

Harry was looking at the ground, a look of sadness on his face.

“What’s wrong?” Ginny asked.

“Well, I don’t really have anywhere to go, you know? I mean I know your Mum would be more than happy to take me in at first…but I can’t stay with you guys forever.”

“Well, first of all, Harry, I really don’t think she’ll mind. And second of all, we can deal with it if that time comes. But Mum said you could stay with me…so you know what that means,” Ginny said giving him a wink.

Harry smiled back, “Okay, well I’m just going to stay here the rest of the day…say good-bye to all the healers that have helped me and everything…but I’ll meet you at the burrow at let’s say…5:00?”

Ginny nodded. It was so like Harry to go around thanking everyone. She couldn’t help but smile.

********************
Mrs. Weasley had set the table and everyone from the family was there. Ginny was bouncing around the house, she couldn’t have been happier. I mean, the love of her life was finally coming home.

A few minutes past 5:00, there was a knock at the door. Everyone waited in the family room while Ginny ran into the kitchen to open the door.

She carefully turned the knob and when she opened the door, Harry had a huge grin on his face. Ginny jumped into his arms and Harry held her tight.

The rest of the family walked in and everyone began hugging Harry. Hermione tackled him and showed Harry her wedding ring.

“Oh, Harry, I wish you could have been there! We really wanted you to have seen it!” Hermione said as Ron wrapped an arm around her shoulder.

Ginny smiled at the two of them while Harry did the same thing to her. She looked up at him and gave him a huge kiss. “I love you so much, you know,” Ginny said.

Harry nodded and kissed her back.

*******
After a fun-filled dinner in which the entire Weasley clan shared different memories from when Harry was unconscious, Harry looked exhausted.

It had been a long day for him, as it was his first day out of the hospital. Harry yawned loudly as he sat at the kitchen table reading the Daily Prophet as Ginny did some dishes in the sink. She found it much more relaxing to do the dishes by hand.

“You tired?” she asked him.

“Yeah,” Harry said as he nodded.

“Mum said you can sleep in my room tonight…she put another mattress in it…although I don’t think that is really necessary,” Ginny said as she turned around and smiled at Harry.

He smiled back. It was only 9:00 but he was absolutely dead.

Ginny finished the dishes and her and Harry walked up the stairs hand in hand.

Mr. and Mrs. Weasley watched them climb the stairs from their seats in the family room.

“I do hope that they get married someday,” Mrs. Weasley announced to Arthur.

“I believe they would have gotten married Ginny’s seventh year if it hadn’t been for…well, you-know-who.”

Voldemort’s name was still hard to utter.

Molly nodded and went back to reading her book. Arthur sighed and was thankful that finally, after so many years, everyone was safe.

**********************
Harry lay down on Ginny’s bed, breathing heavily. He was tired just from walking up the stairs. That wasn’t a good sign.

Ginny laughed at him and quickly ran into the bathroom to change into her pajamas.

When she came out, Harry was dead asleep. She smiled and pulled a blanket over him. Then, she walked around to the side of the bed and lied down close to Harry. A few moments later she felt his arm wrap around her and his warm body against hers. She couldn’t have been happier.

*********************

Several months and years later:

Harry had mapped out an intricate plan. He had everything set up perfectly and everyone knew what was going on. Harry was stressing out a little because he wanted it all to be just right.

He stood in the woods behind the meadow near the Weasley’s house, pacing back and forth. Ginny would be walking towards him at any minute.

Harry had made a scavenger hunt for her throughout the house and gardens. Every little note he left led her to another place in the house until she would finally end up at him.

Mrs. Weasley was washing dishes in the kitchen, her face full of excitement. She knew what Harry was doing and watched curiously as Ginny continued to pass through the kitchen from time to time.

Ron and Hermione were sitting in the family room, holding hands and talking to Hermione’s pregnant belly. When Ginny walked into the family room holding a rose and heading towards the back door, Ron spoke.

“Whatcha up to, Gin?” Ron said, even though he knew perfectly well what was going on.

“Oh you know Harry…so sweet of him. He’s left all these little notes all over the house. I knew he’d make our anniversary special,” she said as she waved bye to them and headed out the back door towards the woods.

Harry saw Ginny making her way across the field towards him. She was looking down at her feet in what he thought was the cutest manner ever.

Harry’s heart began to race and finally she looked up. She saw him and started sprinting towards him, her eyes lit up and beautiful.

Ginny jumped into Harry’s arm and whispered, “I love you, Harry James.”

“I love you too,” Harry replied as he kissed her ear. Then he pulled away from the hug and grabbed her hand and began leading her deeper into the woods.

“Where are we going?” Ginny asked.

Instead of answering her question, Harry said, “You know that the moment I met you I knew we were meant for each other. The way you helped me all those years…the way you sat by me when I was almost dead…it all means the world to me. And, I know we fight sometimes, but I always love you, even when I’m mad as hell at you. And I know that we can make it through anything. And I know that I can love you forever.”

Ginny and Harry both had tears in their eyes. Just as Harry finished speaking, they walked into a clearing. In the middle of the clearing, “Will You Marry Me?” was spelled out in roses floating above the ground.

Ginny’s hand went straight to her mouth and she turned to Harry. A smile was on Harry’s face and he then got down on one knee. “Will you marry me, Ginny?”

Ginny had lost her voice. Pictures of the two of them soared through her mind and she remembered all of the good times they had spent together. But, there was one little piece of doubt that suddenly woke up, as if out of nowhere.

“No,” Ginny said, and then she turned and ran away.


A/N: Ta-da! Another cliffy ;). I'm really sorry for the fast pace of this chapter--but I really needed to wake Harry up in order to get on with the plot and the chapter was not long enough so I had to add the proposal. The next chapter should be up soon. Please Please Please review. Here is an excerpt from the next chapter--(because i know how much people love these)

Ginny was curled up on her bed, the teddy bear Harry had given her was wrapped in her arms.

A wave of sadness filled Hermione as she looked at Ginny. The picture of Ginny and Harry that had rested on her nightstand so perfectly before, was now laying shattered on the floor.


I look forward to hearing from all you. Much love.